

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to today's APRALO monthly call on Tuesday, the 20<sup>th</sup> of January at 05:00 UTC.

On today's call we have Siranush Vardanyan, Holly Raiche, Maureen Hilyard, Yanice Lee, [inaudible].

Apologies noted from Hong Xue, Alan Greenberg, Ali Almeshal, and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, [inaudible] and myself, Gisella Gruber.

Our interpreter today is Jesse [inaudible].

And if I could also please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. And not only for transcript purposes, but also to allow our interpreter to identify you on the Chinese channel.

Thank you and over to you Siranush.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: [Inaudible]. Welcome everyone to APRALO call. [Inaudible]...

Okay.

HOLLY RAICHE: Hello?

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Once again, welcome everyone to APRALO call. We have a couple of things to discuss today, so let's move forward with the agenda. And our first agenda item, just information about the process with new ALSs. We have currently two new ALSs, ISOC Palestine and ISOC [inaudible]... by the staff.

There were a lot of people from APRALO who supported these two ALSs. And I'm happy to see them joining to us. So whenever [inaudible] be conflicted, staff will let us know. And we will update our list in accordance, and I hope by Singapore, we will have already 37 ALSs in AP Pacific. This is very good news.

And the next agenda item is update on public consultations. I know that Alan has sent his apologies. Holly, if you can provide a brief update of what is going on, on ALAC table, that would be great.

HOLLY RAICHE: That's not a problem. In the Adobe Connect room, there was the list posted, and I think it was, it's not posted on this, but I'll go through basically what is now open for public comment, and what we're doing about it. The first is the comment to do with 13 March. It's a public comment being sought on the potential change of registrar accreditation insurance requirements.

Now that's basically, the registrar has to be insured against the sort of things that can go wrong, including something that they do wrong accidentally or otherwise to a registrant, lose data, whatever. At this

---

stage, we haven't decided whether to comment. Evan and I have both had a look at it and said, probably this warrants a brief comment because it's a good protection measure, but there is some comment that the actual level of coverage, which is now at \$500,000, maybe too much, and it may be too high for some areas.

So there is probably going to be a comment, very brief, going out. Keep the insurance cover, we're waiting for Tijani because he has come up with some instances where there has actually been a barrier to people becoming a registrar. So that's do 13 March, and probably Evan, or Tijani, or myself will be the pen holder on this.

The second one is the IDN TLD program on label generation. And at this stage, it's just been considered as to whether we're going to make a comment or not. I'm not sure who is looking at it, I'm not. Possibly Alan maybe looking at it, but at this stage we haven't decided.

The third, again we haven't decided if we're commenting or not, but it's a WHOIS accuracy pilot study that's been done. Now this is part of the ongoing WHOIS set of issues. This is a pilot program that has compared accuracy for those registrars operating under the 2009 RAA to the 2013 RAA. There are some discrepancies.

The study has been done by [NORC?], which is the same body that actually did the initial accuracy study that was in the WHOIS final report. I've had a brief look. I'm not sure that there is a lot to say about it, but that's, comments due at the end of February. So we'll have a look. We may actually be making a brief comment on that.

---

The next is an annual IDN ccTLD fast track process. Not sure what we're going to do with that either. It's not, comment is not due until the end of February. If people remember, we did have, we, ALAC, had a lot to say about the poll, ccTLD, or some... Maureen, you might want to come in on, if there is a ccTLD fast track process. I'm not sure. Maureen, have you been asked to have a look at this?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Hi. Thank you. It's Maureen for the record. I just sort of like going through the documentation, and in making a decision about whether we would actually proceed with that. But, yeah, we'll get that to people as we make a decision.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Excellent. Thank you. Okay next item on our policy page is the IDN TLD label generation rules. Satish is drafting a comment as we speak, I hope, comment due mid-March. The next one is the translation and transliteration of contact information. This is particularly important because now that we have IDNs, we have contact information. To what extent contact information is required though of the RAA, have to be completely accurate, and what do we mean by completely accurate.

So that's an important issue, and Satish is looking after that one. If you go to the policy pages, there are some matters we are not looking at. Things like there was the release of country and territory names, and there is a list of a couple of those. We haven't looked at those, it's not really in our remit. And I would say the other thing that's been listed, as

---

a statement that has been adopted just to remind people, it was the five year ICANN draft, five year operating plan.

We adopted a statement, and that has gone in. Okay. Questions?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Thank you very much Holly. Excellent summary of what's going on there, and thanks Maureen for your intervention. And I think that there are a really lot of stuff going now off. I'm, my computer is logging off, sorry. I will be joining again back to Adobe in a couple of minutes. Let's continue with the next agenda item, which is Singapore showcase update.

During this month, we have discussed a lot of things. We have emailed and I think [inaudible] also has the update related to the items which are now in the process of purchasing. But prior to that, I would like to, while we have [inaudible] in this call, I would like to thank you Heidi with support with [inaudible]. And we did really on time information provided, related to the members of the group.

And I think, I'm looking forward to his performance, actually. And looking forward also to [inaudible]... I'm not sure if you are coming or not, but [inaudible]... And I think with the certificate for the [troop], we're okay already. So I have seen a couple of email communications. I think staff is taking care on that, am I right?

[Inaudible]...

---

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, this is Silvia. And Gisella is working on a draft that she has already circulated for all of us to take a look very good, so we have a draft and we are trying to make sure that Fadi Chehadé can sign it, the certificate. Of course, he's very busy usually, but we try to get his signature on the certificate, as certificate of appreciation for great performance that you are going to have.

And, I will also like to give Gisella the floor to just give us a very quick update on the catering, and the performance, and the logistics with the hotel. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you Silvia. Gisella here. Just checking that you can hear me?

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you. I've put the certificate in the AC room. I will amend it to having Fadi's signature. The backup was to have [inaudible] in case Fadi is not able to sign the certificate, but I should know later this week. And if I could also just ask you to confirm the wording on the certificate, so that we can have them ready, and we will be printing them in Los Angeles at the end of this week.

With regards to the catering, we are all set and confirmed for the catering. However, we have not yet had confirmation that the hotel is able to do the drinks on arrival of the guests at 6:30 PM. And then

---

continue, again, second part of the service at 7:15, because the catering is booked for one hour slots. So I will get back to everyone with the confirmation.

I'm waiting to hear back from meetings team. The [landings], we are having our Singapore office currently liaise with the vendor, so that we can have the vendor go to the hotel and check all of the logistics to hang the lanterns in the foyer, and in the VIP room. And for the rest, the [inaudible] performance, I am in touch with the principle teacher. And we are just currently working on, for the logistics, with regards to the performance such as the wooden floor, the microphones.

And I will report back once we have cleared all the requirements from the troop, and that we are able to fulfill them all. Thank you very much.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Thank you Gisella. I also would like to provide an update of, unfortunately [inaudible]... We couldn't have any additional funds from either the [inaudible] or APNIC, so we are not going for APRALO [inaudible]. So, that's just for all of us to know. But we are okay with the rest of the stuff.

I think Janice also supposed to ask Ariel with the, with some stuff from Hong Kong. And also I would also like to ask [inaudible] if, you are supposed to find out the prices for the room décor. Some [inaudible] stuff... So, is there any update on that? If we know how much it is and if it is not too expensive, we may still [inaudible].

---

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Hi Siranush. Do you mean the lanterns?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, lanterns.

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Oh yes, okay. So the lanterns, for 12 of them, it will be, including the logo, it will be 510 Singapore dollars, which works out to be about 380 US dollars. And this is excluding the whatever cost is involved in hanging them. So, that we are still waiting for the vendor to get back to us, but I hope to talk to the hotel side, and see if they are able to hang it for us.

Otherwise, the cost of the lantern itself is just 380 US dollars for 12 lanterns.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. For now, we don't have that much money, we'll just [inaudible] if there is any... I think we have about \$150 left from the ICANN money, and there is a chance to have some for that money, we can move forward with it. If not, we'll just not go for it [inaudible].

[Inaudible] you raised your hand, am I right or [inaudible]? Someone raised his hand. Okay, it was hand up [inaudible] operation. Sorry. Okay. So, any other updates? Yes Silvia, please.



---

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, just I wanted to tell everyone, we have been trying to get confirmation from meeting staff that we can get the t-shirts and the bags for the students. The first answer [inaudible] 14<sup>th</sup>, yes, but we still don't have confirmation. They have told us that we have to wait and do all of them [inaudible], and if there are any leftovers, then they will give us this.

However, we'll try, we'll push a little bit more to see if we can get them. I also contacted our...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Silvia, one question. Can [inaudible] register online, and [inaudible]... as participant of ICANN meeting.

SILVIA VIVANCO: That's a great idea, actually. We can do that, yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I think we can ask Heidi to help these kids to register for the ICANN website, officially. And they can get their badges and their bags with the ICANN t-shirt.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, it's true. Definitely. [Inaudible] probably love, they will love to do that. And I think they are [inaudible]... I don't believe there is a problem if they register, so that's a great suggestion. We'll make sure that they...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay.

SILVIA VIVANCO: But, I also contacted our communications department, and they are trying to find... For now, they have these stress balls, you know, those little balls that you squeeze. And they have enough for the students. So if you have any other ideas about any other tokens, things that we could get for them, maybe look at least, perhaps, [inaudible], I don't know if you have any other idea, to have more things to give them. That would be great.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Great. So, as an action item for this, we ask for ideas from... [Inaudible] also mentioned in the chat space that he will help the kids to register and the t-shirt as well. Everyone will have their badge, and everyone will get their ICANN bag with ICANN t-shirt, and all of the stuff inside. And if there is anything, the small souvenir or something, which we can have for \$150 which we have left over from ICANN money.

We can move forward to buy something, that would be great.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. Okay, I see a note, this is Silvia from... If you read the chart, Gisella is raising a good point, that if the students get there on Wednesday evening, there will probably be no bags or t-shirts left. So [CROSSTALK] arrives, because, you know, first come, first serve basis.

---

---

So that's a good point.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Can we make sure that we will keep those bags for the kids, if they register online? I don't know if that's possible. But if [inaudible] we keep them on the first day.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. Okay, I will take that as an action item, to follow up with...

UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER: Heidi has a good idea....

SILVIA VIVANCO: ...set aside these bags for them. Okay.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: We ask [inaudible] to support this, to register all right. And staff is making sure that the events are [inaudible] by the time they are coming.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Perfect. Okay, I'm writing this down and I will follow up with meeting staff.

---

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Thank you. Holly, to answer your question, yes we will have [inaudible]. We'll start at, from seven to nine. We decided that it will start during the whole showcase, and people can go at the beginning and then come join the showcase official slot. And then again go back to the [inaudible]... So it will be working for the whole showcase part.

So Ariel already booked that, and we're okay with that part. Gisella, you have your hand raised.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes Siranush. It's Gisella here again. Just to check whether we would like a walk through once everyone arrives in Singapore. And if so, just let me know who needs to be on the walk through, and I will arrange this and set up a time so we can run through logistics like we did last time. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I'm sorry Gisella, I couldn't hear you well. [Inaudible]... just to be aware, I couldn't hear [inaudible].

Silvia, you have your hand raised. Is it an old one or a new one?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Old one, sorry.

---

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Yes, Gisella, we will for sure will walk through prior to the showcase, through the whole process like we did last time. And I think that many of us are arriving on Saturday. So if not Saturday than Sunday, we will go through all of the stuff we're doing.

I [inaudible] once during, my information was also, to [inaudible], are you coming to Singapore in person? If you can type in the chat, that would be great. Just to know. And also, [inaudible] and [inaudible], you will be there or no?

Just to know about that. I know Janice is coming, and I know the rest of the staff, people who are here, are coming. So, yes I agree [inaudible] that [inaudible] and that's why if we just stop thinking about that, and if there will be any souvenir for the [inaudible] for the money. We have them, we will just go for the souvenirs for the kids. We'll not move forward with the lanterns.

Good [inaudible], looking forward to seeing you there. Okay, any other update on the showcase?

Gisella, your hand is raised. Is it an old one?

I don't see Gisella. So great. [Heidi] looking forward also to seeing you there, and please make sure that whenever the [troops] arrives, introduce us to the kids for us to know in advance [inaudible]. Okay? Thank you very much for your support.

Okay, let's move forward with the agenda item five. It will just be a brief update. We are going to have a couple of discussions in Singapore during the APRALO meeting. And there will be a couple of discussions

---

related to the [inaudible] applications and strategy. We are going to discuss this with our VP of stakeholder engagement from ICANN staff.

So I think we have a couple of challenges to be discussed. It was on the table and we will discuss this in Singapore to avoid any challenges in the future. And also we'll have currently metrics, ALAC metrics working group is summarizing ALS engagement, and discussing ALS engagement. And we are going to also give them some metrics of APRALO and [inaudible] participation. And encourage more participation, and encourage those who never show up to identify what's the challenge.

And we'll be presenting this during our Singapore face to face meeting. Great [inaudible], I also see that [inaudible] will be also in Singapore. So I think we'll have about 20 ALAC in person, in Singapore, which is really great. And we should start also promoting the, well the presence of others to know about our showcase.

I would like to mention one thing here. I also like to mention during the update, that we have decided that we are not, we will not be having any tables there with the presentations from different ALSs, but we will would like for each and every ALS representative to wear something traditional, some costume which is traditional to their customs and their culture. And also don't forget about wearing something red in your clothes.

So this will be some kind of cultural representation of our ALSs. And with that, we also will show the diversity of how many countries, and from how many different cultures are we. So please bring something special to your culture, some costume. And yes [inaudible], we hope to

---

see you remotely there. Unfortunately, we'll not be able to see you in person in Singapore, but looking forward [inaudible].

And also, one update, the invitations for the official speeches to Fadi and Steve and Alan has been sent, and has been accepted already. They put this in their agenda, so I'm sure that they will be there for delivering their official speech for our participants. So any other updates on this? Maureen, would you like to say some updates on metrics working group?

[CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Oh, on Singapore. There is actually just sort of like one thing that actually sort of like to have raised earlier, and that was something that we were talking about developing a MOU with dot Asia. We haven't actually spoken with the exit team, although we talked about it briefly, but perhaps it's something that we can actually talk about within the group about having some sort of formal, sort of like pact with dot Asia.

And Edmund is [inaudible].

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Excellent. Thank you very much Maureen. And as I said, more details will be presented in Singapore. Yes, and of course, someone will be providing an update on the process of APRALO at [inaudible] time in Singapore [inaudible]. So, [inaudible] will make sure to put this in the agenda, so this is in the agenda.

---

The agenda for Singapore is already in the ALAC meeting space. So please also look at this part, and thank you Calvin for providing this update, please be ready to do that.

Anyone else would like to say anything? I'm looking forward, I'm really looking forward for another wonderful APRALO showcase. I'm sure that we all would be enjoying this, and not on the APRALO official, not only APRALO diversity, and the team, but also others will be enjoying our showcase as usual.

Yes [inaudible] please invite also... I mentioned to [inaudible] about our meeting there, but please also invite them officially. I hope that all of our [inaudible] or managers, stakeholder managers who will be in Singapore will be able to join our APRALO monthly meetings.

This is all for now for my part. So the next APRALO meeting will be face to face in Singapore on Tuesday, 10<sup>th</sup> of February from 1:30 to 2:30 local time. So others will be joining remotely, [inaudible] or local time to see when we are meeting here. And we also have discussed that for future meeting in March, we will change our usual Tuesday five UTC meetings to, we will try to Thursday six UTC to see if many people will be comfortable more with their time.

So if there is any timing you would like to share with us that this is more comfortable, and more can join for this period of time, we can reach some time for the period, well for the other meetings. By that, I don't have anything to add for this call. If there is no hand raised, or there is no any other updates, I'm looking forward for seeing everyone in



---

Singapore, and I'm looking forward to another great meeting, APRALO showcase.

And I wish safe trip to everyone, and see you in two weeks.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**