
SUSIE JOHNSON: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the LACRALO governance working group telephone conference on Friday, the 12th of September, 2014 at 22:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Juan Manuel Rojas, Alyne Andraden, Cristian Casas, Vanda Scartezini. Humberto Carrasco, Yuyugqui Loqui, Alberto Soto, pardon me.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: [Inaudible] This is Dev Anand Teelucksingh.

SUSIE JOHNSON: In the English channel, we have Dev Anand. We have apologies from Aida Noblia, Olivier Crépin-Leblond.

On the staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ulrich, and Susie Johnson.

Our interpreters today are Veronica and David.

[Spanish] interpreters? Hello?

VERONICA: Yes, we are hearing you and we're are interpreting what you are saying, Susie.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Thank you. I just saw in the chat that you couldn't hear me. Thank you very much.

Over to you Sergio Salinas Porto.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio Salinas Porto, as Susie said, this is our LACRALO governance working group call. So I would like to thank you all for participating in this working group, because we have been working really hard. And of course, we have to pay close attention to all the topics on the agenda. As you have seen, in the, on the agenda, our first item on the agenda is the roll call.

We have already been done. And, of course, we have Carlos Vera as one of the participants to this meeting. The second item on the agenda has to do with the action item, the ones that were pending from our previous call. And just to refresh our minds, regarding the previous meeting, we, I have to say that we divided into different working groups or subgroups.

We had a metrics working group, the rules of procedure sub working group. The ALS accreditation sub working group, and the operating principles sub working group. Within this framework, we have been working all of these topics to present the reports to the working group. As a methodology, we said that each working group should have a chair and every 15 days, a report will be produced the work would take eight weeks.

So we would have four reports per month from August the 4th, and October the 8th, the final document will be presented. The last report, sorry the third report would be August the 18th, then September the 1st, September the 15th, and the fourth report would be September the 29th, and the final report would be presented or submitted, October the 8th. And the final document for the region will be presenting on October the 24th.

That was the deadlines, or the timelines, presented with the topics that we have been discussing in the region, and of course, as you know, timeline is sometimes difficult to manage. So, we accept and we elevated the periods of time to work. And I know that the working group have been working very hard. And one of the things that we will do today is to review the report of the metrics sub working group, rules of procedure sub working group, and the operating principles sub working group.

So first of all, and just to begin with, I would like to ask our dear chair, who here is working as a colleague and he's Alberto Soto. So I would like to ask Alberto Soto to let us know about the report of the metrics sub working group. So Alberto Soto, you have the floor, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto for the record. Can you hear me?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio, yes go ahead Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto Soto speaking. Okay. So we started our sub working group had four members, Humberto, Dev, Silvia, and I. I was appointed the chair of this working group. I have no choice for that. Since Dev, you didn't reply to the message, so the group now is composed of, or by three members, Humberto, Silvia and I. We have a document basically there is agreement upon all the concepts, but we need to work, agree upon the amount.

Why? Or the numbers. Because we're working as volunteers, and the figures, or the numbers that we have set for the assistance to meetings, the webinars, the assembly, well, they seem to be quite high because we are volunteers. So there are people who work, and sometimes these percentage or figures or not achieved. Then when it comes to content, we fully agree on that.

So I believe that, no later than today, we will be able to send a report to the governance working group chair, for him to review the document. And after that, I would like to suggest that we should send this document to the chair, to the LACRALO chair, and then this document should be sent to the staff for the staff to translate the document. And then this document can be put for consideration for the region.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Thank you very much Alberto. So it would be a pleasure to have the document. First of all, what we will do is this, we will discuss a document here, and then we will put that to the

discussion for LACRALO, or the sub working group will directly send the document for LACRALO for their debate. Alberto, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Sergio, this has to be done within the working group, because the sub working group or under the working group. So the working group has to do what it has to do, and the chair, secretary of LACRALO will do what they have to do after the working group has decided upon the document.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So...

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto speaking. Sorry, Sergio, I would like to take the floor.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Go ahead Humberto.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto Carrasco speaking. This has to do with the recommendation, such as recommendation number 43, I think. This was after the ATLAS 2 meeting. So, based on that recommendation and based on the metrics in relation to the metrics, this is in English, but the recommendation says that RALOs should encourage inactive ALSs to meet the minimum participation criteria of ALAC.

And this is related to metrics. So we need to see how it would coordinate all of this information, because we need to take this into account, of course. Okay. So this should be taken into account within the metrics sub working group.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Humberto. So the metrics working group, before sending the document, we have to revise all their efforts, and they will have to review ALAC report in this regard, so that, to see how we can agree upon the document. So I suggest that the proposal for this, or for any of the sub working groups would be the same.

Once they have finished with their work, they will send their report to the chair of the working group, and I will formally submit this information to the governance working group, for the group to debate. I will send that information by email. And once we have discussed that information, we will then send the document to the region to be discussed. As far as I know, and this is part of the work of the rules of procedures working group, the report will be submitted for debate in the region.

So once the report are translated, they will be sent to the region, and the region will determine the amendment or modifications for the report, so that we can have or produce a final report voted by the region at the end. Now, I will give the floor to the person responsible for the rules of procedure sub working group, and that person is Yuyuqui Loqui. Yuyuqui, go ahead please.

Sergio speaking. Yuyuqui, are you connected? Can you hear us?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. I cannot hear him.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto speaking. She says that she has no mic. So she cannot speak.

Humberto speaking. Sergio, why don't you ask her if we can call her?

YUYUQUI LOQUI: Yuyuqui speaking. Can you hear me?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto speaking. Yes, go ahead Yuyuqui.

YUYUQUI LOQUI: This is Yuyuqi Loqui for the record. We have been gathering information. We have produced a report, and the current rules of procedure were sent to the sub working group. We observed differences in the definitions and lack of clear and accurate concepts.

Taking into account the reality of the region, and the legal background of the region, [inaudible] was defined and in the next meeting for next week, this [inaudible] will be finished.

As I said before, we are waiting for next week to finish with the work, with the collaboration and to produce a final glossary. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Yuyuqi. So, we will discuss how we will deal with this. Of course, the rules of procedure will be the last working group, because of course, its work depends on the operating principles sub working group. And we need to take this into account. We have new players in the operating principles, and this new players or actors, will imply a new procedure in the region.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Silvia Vivanco would like to speak Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay, I will give the floor to her in a minute. Sergio speaking. Okay, so that will be the last sub working group that will submit their report to be discussed in the region. As you can see, we have item six on the agenda, that is the evaluation or the assessment of the time frame, because, and we need to see that. Silvia Vivanco, you have the floor, go ahead please.

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Thank you very much Sergio. The question has to do with attempts that we have set a the very beginning. Could you please detail for each sub working group the deadline for the report, for the submission of the report, and then I would like to kindly ask you to send that to the list of the working group, and also to the wiki.

Because this will facilitate transparency in the process, and will help us to review the document at any time. Sometimes finding a document in the list is very difficult. So I would suggest to put also to post the report of the working group on the wiki page. And if you send that information to me, I would be very happy to post that information on the wiki.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Okay. First of all, when it comes to the deadlines, we will discuss that on item six of the agenda. Because we have to review the deadlines. Now, when it comes to the posting of the report on the wiki, well this is very important for the sake of transparency, but before that, before posting reports on the wiki, I think that once the sub working group finishes with the report, and it sends, there will be a week for review by the governance working group.

And once we have finished with that review during this week, we will circulate that information to the staff for the staff to post that information on the wiki, because that is the place where all our colleagues in the region will have to resort to, to find the information. Sometimes we need to modify certain deadlines, and sometimes we need to discuss on topics that are not fully finished. So for the sake of transparency and for the respect that we have to our colleagues, because we are still working on that, I think we need to take a week to review the information, to review the documents, and see if there is anything else that we would like to add to that information, to that report, and once the governance working group says the draft is finished, then we will post that on the wiki so that everyone may access that information and post their comments.

When it comes to the... In the case of the operating principles sub working group, they have already done that because they have plenty of time, and we had the London meeting in the middle, so now it is high time for that report to be put for proposing. So the idea is that our colleagues in the governance working group see the document, and that document will then be sent to the region for discussion. That would be the procedure, the process for our work.

But first of all, there are very first step is that the sub working group sends the information to the working group so that we can review that information. We will take one week, and after that, if we need, if there is any suggestion or anything that we need to correct, we will do that so that we can review all of the information.

When it comes to the operating principles sub working group, Vanda, I will give the floor to you in a second for you to speak. We had many members participating in the sub working group, and there were many emails being circulated with input, and now Vanda will explain that. But what they did is to take most of the information. Vanda, go ahead please.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

This is Vanda speaking. Thank you Sergio. Our group has done some progress since the last meeting. We have listened to many opinions, we have included different areas, but in the past few days, I mean now we have almost completed the document, it's almost ready, but we still perceive there are certain issues that would be better if they were

within the rules of, if they were at the rules of procedure add on, and not on the operating principles.

So we are looking to select them more adequately, and taking them out of there, and making the suggestion to the group dealing with the rules of procedure, so that they can analyze this and include them right there and not in the operating principles. Because we believe they are outside the scope of the purity really, of what the document is itself.

And also, we believe there will be a glossary issue. We are also working on the glossary for the [inaudible], that are within the operating principles, so that if a person can check them out, if they want to [inaudible] it, they can understand perfectly what a word means as opposed to another work that makes them similar. This is the idea, that the document is almost finished. There isn't much more to do there. But we still then need to take out those points, those issues that should not be within the operating principles, because they would better serve the rules of procedure. That's all Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you Vanda. When we find a lot of suggestions from our colleagues, we see that many of them were from the operating principles, and... I'm sorry. They should be at the rules of procedure. So we did have some problems when we preferred the initial document in 2006, and the thing is that things were mixed. We believed that the operating principles are almost definitions, or they should give or provide the framework of what we should do.

These are the primary rules in our regions. And then they are rules of procedure, or a code of procedure which is what we are doing right now, so that we can fine tune what we are developing in the operating principle. We should be able to have a development in the rules of procedure more slowly. So many of the issues that have been raised will not be included in the operating principles, but rather they will be included in the rules of procedure.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

This is Vanda speaking. That is the idea, so that we can have a more pure document, a more perfect document, so that we can represent the principles and not the rules of procedure.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. I have raised my hand.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

This is Sergio speaking. Have you finished Vanda? Okay. Thank you. Now Alberto Soto has the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto for the record. Two issues. We had the meeting in the ALAC today with the ATLAS 2 issues, and one of the recommendations deals with acronyms. Because we are working on this, we are trying at least to have, in a document, aside from having a qualification in the beginning. Ideally, we should use the full terms all the time, now if it is not possible, it is recommended that in at least in

the first citation or quotation of the acronym, the full term should be written.

This is in respect of acronyms. Now, I would like Dev to make a clarification because he's complaining that there is a lack of transparency, and I don't really understand why. So I would like Dev to clarify this, because we are working very transparently, completely transparently, and this is the second time that Dev complains that there is no transparency. So Dev, please make this clear.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Is Dev online?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev, yes I am.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: If you want to take the floor, please go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you Sergio. This is Dev Anand here. Well the thing not is, so really, I mean, I'm on the call, but there is nothing for me to really do at this point. And it's very hard to determine what the current thinking is, I mean what are the key ideas coming out so far, or anything like that. So I think what's going to have to happen is that, you know...

So I mean, there is nothing for me to comment on. Okay? So that's one thing. I certainly hope that when everybody has completed their report,

it's translated and put up on the wiki for all to comment on. And I think what then has to happen is that then there has to be a conference call to go through this. To go through these reports, and to present these reports. So I certainly hope in terms of next steps that it's not just put up on the wiki and just giving like, well 24 hours to comment on it. Or something like that.

Again, because I'm not seeing activity, it's hard to understand what the current thinking is, and whether I would agree with it or disagree with it, or I can make suggestions. So that's my comment. I hope that once it's put on the wiki, and it's actually a conference call that needs to happen, where these reports are presented and can be discussed. That's all. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

This is Sergio speaking. Thank you Dev. Just as a matter of clarification, we first ask you to take the floor to explain why you said there is a lack of transparency, and there have been meetings in sub groups where you are incorporated, where you are working, such as the metrics sub working group, and we know that you have been absent sometimes. So perhaps you don't know what it is that they are talking about because you did not attend the meeting.

So I suggest that you contact your colleagues from the metrics group so that you can work together and you can know what is going on and what is being discussed. Just a suggestion for all the chairs of each working group, the leaders in each working group. I ask that, I mean, it has already happened in two groups, and it would be interesting if this

could also happen in the metrics group. So we should prepare a glossary of each rule that comes out of LACRALO.

That is each rule coming out of LACRALO should have a glossary, so that any person, even if that person is not identified with the terminology we're using within ICANN, can understand what it is that we are discussing. So in the case of metrics, for example, where we find Alberto, and Dev, and Humberto, and Silvia, I will ask that you review the issue of placing, in the first page, a glossary of the terms we use when we talk about metrics.

So that nobody can have any doubt on what each term refers to. No matter how simple we believe this is, we need to have a description so that we have no doubt when it comes to interpreting this document. Now there is a sixth item...

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking for the record. Dev, I'm sorry to insist, but in the previous meeting, you also talk about lack of transparency. And unfortunately, this is recent and this is transcribed, and whoever reads the previous meeting and this meeting, you will see there is a person who is saying that we have a lack of transparency. So I ask that you clarify, which is the lack of transparency? So far everything is put up on the wiki, or the sub group is finishing, etc.

Now that your lack of participation, and I am talking now as the LACRALO chair, cannot lead you to say that there is a lack of transparency, unless we are doing something wrong, but you need to expressly say which is the lack of transparency. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you Sergio. This is Dev Anand here. The thing is that there is no interim report prepared that's on the wiki. And so there is, so even I can't really go to the wiki, and use Google Translate to at least understand what is happening or what is being suggested. That's what I mean by the lack of transparency, because this is all being done behind close scenes. In the sense that the, only the members of the working group who are communicating amongst themselves, announcing a time for meetings and so forth.

So that is my concern regarding the lack of transparency. Because [inaudible] the working group, literally behind closed, and that's why I say it's behind closed doors, in the sense there is nothing, there is no semblance of activity. There is no idea what this current thinking is, and to see what the draft was and so forth, as it improves. I'm not seeing any workflow. The workflow on the group isn't transparent. So if there were a draft version produced, and then the next meeting it is modified and so forth, then great.

It's how, like for example, when ALAC statements are produced. A first draft is produced, comments are received, and then a final draft is produced, and so forth. This is not happening. That's what I mean by the lack of transparency. So, [inaudible] I hope that once the final reports are produced, we will see what other members of the various groups, not in the specific working group, sub working groups, can see the report for the first time, presumably.

Then it's properly translated and then there is a conference call to go through it. Thank you. I hope I'm making myself clear.

SUSIE JOHNSON: Excuse me Sergio? Susie Johnson for the record. Humberto Carrasco has his hand up.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Humberto, you now have the floor.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto speaking. We just wanted to explain Dev, not entirely the rules applied in ALAC are the same rules that we apply in LACRALO. That there should be no doubt that everything we do on all the reports that we're preparing, will be put up on the wiki so that everybody can see this. That's why I do understand why Alberto is bothered by this, because I mean, this interim report is still not published, and what we will publish is actually a draft probably for this interim report.

I want to cut this issue, to finish with this issue, so that we can progress, because this will be resolved once all the publications are up on the wiki.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. I am going to clarify again how it is that we work collectively in a work group, so that Dev can understand what is the work mechanic, because Dev could not understand this in full. The

working group and the sub working group will prepare, I mean all the people involved in each of the sub working group, are obliged to try and give their input to the debate so that we can prepare the document, and so that it can be sent to the governance working group.

Now this subgroup will send a document to the governance group, and it's the governance working group, the ones that will elevate they will put forward a proposal, and this proposal can be modified by anyone. But the principle will be that there will be a base document prepared by the governance working group. But each subgroup will have to send the document prepared by these members, so that the governance working group members can have the possibility of modifying a sea of issues that they believe, or that there may be more definable.

In this line, there is no lack of transparency, but actually what we do find is an important attitude by many members in the region to carry those issues forward. And I would like to thank the fact that we have such a high participation involvement by each of the sub working group. I think we can close this issue, unless somebody wants to say anything else, otherwise we will just go on to this following item on the agenda.

Is there anybody raising their hand? Okay. Let's continue. There is still one item to solve. This is item number six, which is the evaluation of the timeframe to finalize our work. I saw [inaudible] was concerned about the terms, the timeline, and I am concerned by this as well. I'm sure you are too, because we have talked about some deadlines that cannot be met on time, as Humberto said, besides the verbal report, we do not have any written progress report.

And I believe the rules of procedure working group does have a progress report. I think I received it today, and I will resend it to the list so that it can be shared by all of you. Undoubtedly, we still need the operating principles report and the metrics sub group report, so I will ask both chairs, Vanda and Alberto, to send a short report saying who are the members of the group, how is it that you have been working, and what is the current status.

And this has to be published on the wiki so that we know where is it that we are standing, and where is it that we are going. Secondly, these two month deadline maybe postponed a bit, at least for the operating principles, or I'm sorry, for the rules of procedure. Perhaps the interim document can be submitted on time, the same 40 operating principles, which may go to a voting period.

So there will be just an instant to review this next week. Vanda, do you think next week this can be sent to the governance working group so that it can be discussed?

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

This is Vanda speaking. I think we can. What we discussed in our meeting was that we could take those issues that should not be included in the rules of procedure, and then we are ready with the document, and the only thing missing is the glossary, which is not ready. But the structural part of the document is complete. It has been reviewed by one of our colleagues regarding this terminology.

I think we can close it.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. I would like to say something. [Ruthfield] made a very nice contribution on the wiki, with respect to a proposal. I think all the items raised by [Ruthfield] King, most of the items or the issues that [Ruthfield] raised are included on this work. I think he focused on the necessary issues for the region, and we have been able to include this in the document. I don't really remember very well, but there may be some issues that will go to the rules of procedure, still the contribution made by Natalia and Humberto, I think he also made a contribution or gave his input with respect to the address of the ALSs and the representative.

There was a lot of collaboration, and it was all very good. So I suppose that if this works properly and based on what Vanda is saying. We would only need to include the glossary that would be still missing or pending, and the adjustment to the rules of procedure. This may take up some more time because we need to decide what is it that we are going to send to the rules of procedure, and this will require some work that we may send for translation, and for our colleagues within the governance working group can read.

Then next week we can send this, so that it is translated. I don't know how long this will take, but I'm not referring to the deadline. I think we will have some 15 days until everything is translated. It's seven or eight pages to translate. So I don't know how long this takes, but it's an eight page document. It's actually eight pages. So once this is translated, our colleagues in the working group will be able to see this.

We will also be able to receive some comments, and we're going to take one week before sending it to the region for voting. Alberto, do you agree with this? Or do you think we should do this differently?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Sergio, I was typing on the AC room, but I forgot, you're not able to see the AC room. I was saying that we will have the report tomorrow, and I think the document, this is a two page document, so it will be easily translated, and it will be ready before Vanda's document.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So is...

ALBERTO SOTO: Sorry, this is Alberto Soto speaking. Sorry for interrupting you. I remember that the general procedure for the region is that once the working groups deliver their document, as you said, it's established, there will be a public comment period, a 30 day public comment period. And after that, there will be a voting period for seven days. And this is the end of our cycle. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you, but in the case of the operating principles sub group, this is over. This has already has been already done. It needs to be translated, and that's why we have one week for the governance working group. So we will read that document in case

any amendment is required. And after that, this will be sent to the list for voting. Because we have already performed that process.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Sorry Sergio, I forgot that. Silvia has her hand up.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Silvia, go ahead please.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking. Sergio, I would like to give you an idea. I think it would be, or it is interesting when we have certain topics that are being debated in the webinar format. Perhaps if you would like, we can present all this work in the midst of the webinar. We can present this to the region, to the 43 ALSs in a webinar format, for you to explain your conclusions. So I think it would be a very interesting idea to socialize with ALSs to provide information, and to inform and to facilitate transparency.

I don't know if you agree with that. Perhaps it will be a good idea to use the tools offered by a webinar. Of course, this would be translated. This is just an idea. Perhaps you should consider that, and if you consider that, we can have that webinar on the week of the 22nd of September, or the last week of September, but that was an idea I want to share with you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you Silvia. It's a great idea. I love webinars, and I think this contributes to make the most of our work. This is the work being carried out in groups, and we have a group with a collective thinking, and all the members of LACRALO should be involved, not only with this work, but also with the results because these are the rules of procedures with which we will live through in our region.

So I welcome the idea of the webinar, and any other tool that we can use so that we can exercise our rights and learn about that. Vanda, I see your hand up.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. Dev, has his hand up. He is first in the line.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay Vanda, thank you. Dev, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Thank you Sergio and thank you Vanda. I fully agree that this is what needs to happen. You need to have a webinar, once the final reports are produced by the various workgroups, and put together. That all of these groups, working groups, have to present these reports. Otherwise, you know, so it has to happen. It might require more than one webinar to do it, because to present. Because these are potentially complex issues.

And because nobody has any idea what the thinking of the working groups are, there needs to be [inaudible] to understand what is being proposed here. So definitely you must have webinars. Probably more than one, in order to give enough time for all the groups to present. So, thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Dev for your contribution. Vanda, you have the floor.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: This is Vanda speaking. Well, I wanted to say that since our group is further advanced, we may think about having a special webinar for our working group, for our sub group, before the voting. Perhaps we can devote half an hour or one hour during the ICANN meeting, for example, because we will have good conditions in terms of connectivity for the whole region, because we will be in Los Angeles. This is just my idea.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay Vanda. Thank you. I don't know if that would be feasible because we need to translate information, and once this information is translated, this will take a week, and after translation, we will need to draft the necessary documentation to produce, or to create the webinar. And I don't know if we will have enough time, and on the other hand, I don't know if we are allowed to use time in Los Angeles for that.

If we can do that, that would be perfect. Otherwise, we need to think of another way out.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: This is Vanda speaking. ...for your comment, I am just thinking allowed. And of course, I would like to discuss this with Silvia and Alberto, and Humberto to see if we can articulate something. But I think this would be great, but we will need to see if this is possible or feasible from the operation point of view.

Vanda speaking. Of course we need to take into account that we need a translation and we need time.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Yeah, because I know that the language service department must be tied up with a lot of work.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. Well I don't know if this would be possible, but anyway, I think it is important to have the webinar.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Alberto Soto you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. We have 30 days for the Los Angeles meeting, because we need to take into account that the monthly meeting in October will be held in Los Angeles meeting, so we have a month ahead.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Alberto for your input. So I propose the following. On one hand, Silvia Vivanco, I would like to ask you a question. We will need surely for each document, two translations, right? Why do I say two translations? Because we will have a translation, a very first translation, then we will do the amendments, or make the amendments, or modifications, and then we will need to retranslate the document, or to fix the translation. Is that possible? Is there any problem with that?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking. No problem with that Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. My second question is, we will need to have this in the three languages. We will have one in Spanish, but we will also have it in English and Portuguese versions.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia speaking. No problem, Sergio, with that.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. That is one topic. The second topic has to do with the metrics. And I would like to focus on item number six. We will have to move metrics. I don't know how much progress we have made, but perhaps we can take one month more to finish our work.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Are you talking about metrics?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Yes, because you will have to send a report. We will have to translate a report. This will take us a week or more, and after that, we will be able to circulate that in the region.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. I will be sending you the report on Monday.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. With a glossary included, right?

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Yes, with a glossary included. We are only debating or discussing figures, then the content and the format of the document is already finished. Just for you to have an idea because we have only four minutes ahead. When it comes to the attendance to meetings, we are talking about a 60%. And we believe that this is very high.

A composite attendance of 60%. This is just for you to have a quick idea.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So the only thing you need to take into account is that you need to think whether it would be any amendment. I mean, if there will be any amendment within the governance working group. I am not talking the sub working group. So, if there is anything that the whole group would like to change regarding the document, of course, we would have to retranslate that and after that, the document will be sent to the region.

So this a process that will take us some time. So I propose to move the timeline. We said that we would finish on October the 24th, so I propose to finish on November the 24th.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. No problem Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So is there anyone who opposed to this idea? Silvia, I don't see the Adobe Connect. I believe that you are typing the action items on the Adobe Connect, right?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia speaking. Yes, that's right Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So this will be posted on the wiki for everyone to see this. We need to move all the deadlines, the reports will have to be sent this week. The reports of the sub working group, to be posted on the wiki, and I also suggest that the final report of the sub working group be sent to the working group, the governance working group chair, so that we can analyze the document.

And after that, we will have one week to produce any amendment, or to present any objection before for putting this document for discussion to the region. Once the week is over, those documents will be sent to the region for the region to discuss those documents. We are about to finish, so we are at the top of the hour. I would like to finish, bring this call to an end, and I would like to thank you for your participation and your hard work.

This is not over, of course, we have a long way to go. We know that until November at least, we will be working together and making efforts. So thank you very much for that, and good night.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]