

---

TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. This is the LACRALO governance working call on Monday the 4<sup>th</sup> of August, 2014 at 22:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Sergio Salinas Porto, Aida Noblia, Alberto Soto, Cristian Casas, Luis Sergio Valle, and Vanda Scartezini. On the English channel we have, Yuyuqui Loui and Leon Sanchez.

We have apologies from Sylvia Herlein-Leite and Juan Manuel Rojas. From staff, we have Silvia Vivanco and myself, Terri Agnew.

I would also like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. And I did forget to mention our interpreter today will be Veronica.

Thank you very much and I'll turn it back over to you Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio Salinas Porto. Thank you very much Terri. Good afternoon to everyone. As you said, this is the LACRALO governance working group call. We have certain topics to discuss today, as you see on the agenda posted today. And I will read the agenda so that you can see the topics that we will be dealing with today. The first item on the agenda was roll call, then we have the action items.

The new topics included in this working group, the opening of sub working groups and their composition, working group methodology and metrics, and the final item on the agenda, we will deal with any other

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

topic. So if there is anything that you would like to speak or deal with during this call, you are welcome to say that.

Is there any topic that you would like to add to this agenda so that we can discuss it today?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. I think everything is fine.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. I see no hands up. Vanda has agreed with the agenda, so let's continue. First of all, I would like to tell you who we are, because it is important to keep numbers. This working group contains, or is composed of, 15 members from LACRALO and two members that are observers, and these are the...

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto speaking. I have joined the call.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. So as I was saying, this is 10 people, and we can see now that there are a very significant number of colleagues missing today. So we will have to work with them so that we can work on the rolls that we need to, or continue to debate in our working group.

I will now give a list of names of the people who are involved in this working group so that you know who should be present now, but on the

---

other hand, to have the possibility of telling them that it would be very important for them to be present on the call. My list is the following: the first name is Dev, he's the first name on the list, Juan Manuel Rojas, myself, Sergio Salinas Porto, Luis Felipe Sánchez, Vladimir Dávalos, Oscar Garcia, Vanda Scartezini, Fatima Cambroner, Aida Noblia, Sylvia Herlein-Leite, Carlos Aguirre, Yuyuqui Loqui, [inaudible] Cristian Casas, Alyne Andrade, and there is someone missing who has recently joined.

This is Leon.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I've already mentioned Leon [inaudible]. He is the fourth name on the list. Luis [inaudible], and our colleagues, the President and Secretary, Humberto and Alberto. They will be working here, but due to their role in the region and the amount of things and the workload that they have, their contribution will not be constant. So the idea is that those who are involved here can work on a steady basis, so that we can advance, or make progress on the governance working group.

Now let me tell you, and as you might remember, that there was a missing, in RALO, in our last call, we have a reminder of what happened in London. And we have certain items to be included. These items were the following, and please bear with me a minute because I am having some connection problems.

I am on my mobile phone, so I have some issues. So I was telling you, we had added certain items, and those items have to do with the accreditation of ALSs, the consensus issue. What was not clear to me, and I would like to ask Humberto to help me remember, is the LACRALO

---

declaration for [inaudible]. And also we had the ALS participation within LACRALO, that is to say, how we can make sure or guarantee the incorporation of ALSs, and how the procedure will be for that.

So Humberto, Alberto my question is this, what can you tell me about the LACRALO statement? Is this under the umbrella of this working group? Under the remit of this working group?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Let me find the document, and I will reply to you as soon as possible. I think the answer is yes, but let me find the correct information.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. So let's proceed with the call, so once you have the information please let us know.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto Carrasco speaking. Sergio, I can reply to you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Humberto, you have the floor.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto speaking. This is item number four, the proposal of LACRALO for the publication and drafting of statements. Once they are approved,

---

the Secretary and the Chair of LACRALO, will be responsible for them. So it is outside the remit of the governance working group.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Okay that's fine. So we will have less work to do. Now, taking into account of all of this and the topics that we will be discussing, and I will be posting a link. As you know, I have shortened the URL. And you will see the items with a document come up.

I hope you can see the information, I've posted the link with the information about the call that we held in July. Now, let's talk about the opening of the sub working group. There is no way of managing and dealing with all of these topics and the amount of workload that we have.

Having 15 people, and with those 15 people working and dealing with everything. Therefore, there is a proposal. Alberto, please bear with me a minute and I will give you the floor shortly. So there is a proposal to open sub working group within this big group, so that we can start working. Alberto, you have the floor, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Sorry for interrupting you Sergio, but I believe it is important, the question I will ask to Silvia, because we need this to work in a proper way. We need all documents translated into Spanish and to English. So Silvia, here is my question. I think that all of the

---

documents are already, from the GA, are already translated. They are in English and in Spanish, right?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco for the record. Yes, that's right. There is a link to the wiki page, and there you will see several documents. First, we have two documents and we need the English version for that document. One of the procedure to determine consensus in order to certify ALSs, and the other document has to do with the procedures to improve ALS participation within LACRALO at ICANN.

So those two documents are still awaiting the official translation by the language service department. When it comes to the rest of the document, there are three documents, they are already translated. So I hope to receive the translation of those documents within three days. So I would say that it is almost ready.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Alberto, do you have your answer?

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto speaking. Yes, thank you very much.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. So, let's continue. As I was saying, the idea or the intention is to open sub working group. So I started somehow creating the working group, or the sub working group. We have an operating

---

procedures sub working group, composed by Vanda and Fatima. In that case, I will be joining the group.

This is the group that has made a lot of progress. So I think we will have to coordinate the activities, and my suggestion is that Vanda should be the leader of this working group so that she can manage and deal with the activities, and coordinate the activities. Vanda, do you agree with that? Is there any comment?

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Vanda speaking. Sergio, I agree with that. This is Vanda speaking. I believe that Leon, Fatima, myself, and you of course, will have achieved a quick progress, we have made quick progress. So I think we can finish with activities, very quickly. And of course, involve other people if you will.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Fatima, Vanda, sorry. We have other groups, the metrics working group, the rules of procedure working group, the ALS accreditation working group. There are some other groups related to consensus topics, the LACRALO statement working group.

This was also part of the governance working group, I believe. I don't remember who started that working group. Do any of you remember who suggested these working groups?

---

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Yes, it was Fatima. Humberto, you have the list, so please let Sergio know about this.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto speaking. Sorry, I lost my connection. So could you please repeat that question?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto speaking. I was talking about the procedure for the LACRALO statement. Does this activity depend on this working group?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto speaking. So, now we have the document translated, so we would have to discuss with Alberto how we can proceed with that. I understand that we already have a track, so we need to discuss with Alberto. If we can submit this for comment.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay, so I will delete this item from our list of topics. The participation of ALSs within LACRALO. This topic will be within that remit. So, going back, this is the sub working group that we need to create. One, we have the operating sub working group, which is already created. Then we have the metrics sub working group.

Alberto Soto has drafted a document, not only to, and that he has sent that document for discussion, and we have discussed that privately, and he has very good ideas on that respect. So we need to pay attention



---

that that, because Alberto has something important to say about the metrics. When it comes to the rules of procedure, well you know, this is something important, and this is closely related to the operating principles and the ALS accreditation rules.

The minimum criteria required for an ALS to be accredited. This is something interesting to debate. So based on that, we have two alternatives, if you will. To define or assign people for them to be part of this sub working group, taking into account the people that we have in our working group, and the other suggestion would be to let you freely decide who will be part of this sub working group.

So what would you prefer to do? What would you like to do? Would you like me to present or to give you the alternative or the option for the members of those sub working group? Or would you like to be the ones proposing the members?

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Alberto, go ahead.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. As I said before, as I told you before, I can be a member of the metrics sub working group. I have no problem with that.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Well, I have already done that.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. And I can also participate in other sub working groups. I will have plenty of time to devote to the working on this group. So please count on me.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Are there any other comments or suggestions about this? Otherwise, I will let you know my idea or proposal regarding this sub working group. Okay. So, the metrics sub working group will be composed as follows: Luis Sergio Valle, Sylvia Herlein-Leite, Alberto Soto, and Dev.

When it comes to the rules of procedure working group, we will have Carlos Aguirre, Cristian Casas, Alyne Andrada, Aida Noblia, Jaime Sipero [?] and Humberto Carrasco. When it comes to the ALS accreditation rules, we have [inaudible], Juan Rojas, Oscar Garcia, and myself, Sergio Salinas Porto. Is there anyone who would like to part of any other working group? If so, you can do that. Just let me know so that I can take notes for the record.

Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. I see Dev is typing but I don't know if he is going to say something related to this. Okay. Please give me just one second, and I will take notes. So as to record the names of the members.

---

Okay. Can you see the information there? I will retype that information because I see everything is mixed up. So we will have the metrics sub working group.

Now the metrics sub working group. Rules of procedure.

Then we have the ALS accreditation sub working group, and then the final sub working group, which is the operating principles sub working group.

I missed Louis, he belongs to the metrics sub working group. Okay. Now, is there any objection, any question, or any suggestion regarding these sub working groups?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Sergio, please, I see that there is one sub working group where you are a member.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Yes, I know.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto speaking. There are two members from which we are receiving apologies, so I think it would be you and the other member.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Okay. So we have Oscar, Yuyuqui and myself. Would you like to join the group?

---

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Yes please.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Thank you very much Alberto. So Alberto will join to this group. Yes, Humberto, they will be observers, but we will need their help, especially because of the knowledge they can contribute. Of course, I will try to contact the other members to see if they can work with them.

Now that we have the group already created, now we need to define metrics. This is a very complex issue because there are certain topics that we haven't dealt with. For example, the ALS accreditation topic is new for us, the metrics topic, I think, will take us time. Alberto has made a great contribution, but of course this will generate internal debate among the members of the group so that we can post the document into the list.

And then the list will have to work. When it comes to the rules of procedure working group, well, this is the most complicated working group because this has to do with the procedures to be taken into account for other regions. So I believe that this will lead us to a rich debate, and an extensive debate within the region.

So based on that, I think we can take the first two months to work internally. This means that during these two months, we will have to trust our document so that document can be debated within the region, and this document will be drafted by this working group.

---

So we had three documents in fact. There is one document, which has been already debated, so we will give a period of one week to see if there is further debate on that. And then we will have to post that, so that we can put this for the consideration and comment of the region.

And then we have three other documents. One related to metrics, one related to rules of procedure, and the last one related to the ALS accreditation role. Dev is asking for clarification in relation to the topics. Is that right?

According to what I am reading here.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia speaking. Yes, that's right.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Dev, I will reply to you and then I will give the floor to Vanda. Dev, the three working groups are clear when it comes to their remit. One of them has to amend the governing rules of procedure in the region. The other working group will work on metrics. You have already worked on that, and I remember that in 2010, in our meeting held in [inaudible], we started working on that outside the regular ICANN meetings, because we didn't have the time to meet and debate.

So we had to work on that separately. I know that you remember this. We were sharing ideas, brainstorming regarding metrics. So perhaps you could contribute to this working group, as Alberto is contributing to the other working groups. So I think it would be very interesting that you be a member of that working group.

---

And then we have a third working group, which is the ALS accreditation criteria. This has to do with different issues that have taking place in the region, related to what we propose and then what would finally happen within ALAC. So we will have a rich debate, we will have different points of view. Perhaps we may contribute in different ways.

So this is the work that we have ahead. I know that you're very busy during next month, but I'll let you have some time to be here, because it would be great that an ALAC member be helping us. So we will do our best to participate and contribute at least in one working group. Vanda, you have the floor, go ahead please.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

This is Vanda speaking for the record. I would like to make a suggestion, if I may. We have two months ahead, so we may have a checkpoint, but perhaps in the end, we will not be able to proceed with all of the obligations or the activities that we need to complete. So I suggest having or doing a checkpoint every 15 days, so that we can have a feeling of the activities of the working group.

So that those coordinating the activities may continue, perhaps coordinating, or helping, or contributing, or guiding the working group, taking into account the number of participants, and so on. So I think that we need to have a checkpoint in the middle, and with that, we will be able to achieve the results within two months.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Vanda, let me ask you a question. And this is just to shed some light on this. Are you suggesting to meet every 15 days? All together?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. No, no. It's necessary to meet, but perhaps we can send a report to you so that you know where we are, and what we're doing. So the coordinator or the leader of that sub working group will be sending you a report for you to be updated with the activity that are being carried out.

Because two months is a short period of time, and if we don't do this, well after two months, we will have nothing.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. I do agree with your suggestion Vanda. It would be nice to have a report. Reporting is good. It's a very interesting way of working, so every 15 days would be a good frequency because with that, the group would have to work every, on a weekly basis, and they will have one week to finish their activities. They can meet once a week so that they can exchange ideas, emails.

We know that two months is a very short period of time, and having reports every 15 days is something that is really interesting. So I second your motion. I agree with your proposal. I don't know if there is any other suggestion. Aida, you have the floor, go ahead please.

---

AIDA NOBLIA: Hello, this is Aida Noblia speaking. Hello, can you hear me?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Yes, go ahead please Aida.

AIDA NOBLIA: Aida speaking. So, we have five people appointed, Alyne Andrade, she's new. I don't see Carlos Aguirre, and I see Cristian Casas. [Inaudible] is not present. So perhaps we need to get organized in such a way that we can contact them and let them know about this, because I know we have plenty of experience about this.

Of course, this has to do with the rules of procedure. This is such an important topic. So this is what I wanted to say, that I do agree with Vanda's suggestion in having reports every 15 days. That's a good idea. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. So thank you Aida. I'm taking your comment. I see Cristian Casas saying that he will update Carlos Aguirre with the information. That's good because he has participated in the first rules of procedure working group, so he can contribute to this working group. And of course, we will have the lawyer's point of view. We have three lawyers working there. We have a notary republic, a future lawyer, and a lawyer.

So we will have plenty of lawyers to deal with. There will be a lot of people knowing about laws. Alberto Soto says that he undertakes the



---

task to contacting me. So that's fine. Thank you Alberto. Silvia, is there anything that you would like to add?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Yes, Sergio, thank you very much. I see an idea by Dev that it would be very good to have a comment posted on the wiki page. So I think it would be, this would be very good for the working group to have a space within the wiki of the working group. We can create subpages for this wiki page, so that we can have all the comments and activities of the working group for the sake of transparency, so that everyone can see the progress made by the working group.

And secondly, this is a recommendation that I know you all will take into account, but please bear in mind, that we have the ALAC rules of procedure that have been recently approved. And this gives us a framework of reference to take into account when it comes to metrics, regulations, term. So this reference language should be taken into account because this is a larger, a more global framework affecting the RALOs as well.

So everything, all of our contributions from the regions, should be consistent with the ICANN bylaws. That's all. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Silvia for your contribution. This is really interesting, because we need to have a reference framework,

---

and this document should be taking into account. Those documents drafted by ALAC. I have participated in that, in some of those processes.

And before giving the floor to Alberto, I would like to answer something. When it comes to this, when it comes to the wiki page, and when it comes to opening this topic to the whole region, well, I am a bit concerned about this. The more people we have working on that, perhaps is not that good. That is to say, if there are a lot of people working, or posting their opinions, will not contribute to our activity.

I think we need to work among ourselves and then we can post that for the debate and discussion for the community for them to contribute. But, if we do that from the very beginning, I think that we will not finish. And I am a bit concerned about time. This is a huge amount of work for the region, and this is part of our task to work in a better way.

But if everything is posted to be debated, well we will end up having no proposal. I mean, this is my point of view. Perhaps you will have a different point of view. But I am a bit concerned about having everything constantly being debated, because it will take us a lot of time. It will be something never ending. Alberto Soto, you have the floor, and then Cristian Casas.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Alberto Soto speaking. I do agree with you Sergio. I like working on the wiki, because it is easiest and quickest way to work. We need to use different tools, so we can post information on the wiki, but not for everyone, but for the sub working group only. Because otherwise, the

---

interference will drive us crazy. We are moving very fast in region when we use this way of working.

The use of wiki is fine, but only members should be able to access the wiki page. This will contribute to the wiki, to the working group, because we can use the tool, and once we finished, or the working group has finished with the activities and the chair of the working group says that everything is ready, then we can open, or the public comment is open, and everyone can post their opinion.

Now, when it comes to Silvia's comment in relation to ALAC and the rules of procedure, well in our General Assembly we said we will base ourselves in the UN operating rules of procedures, and this is not the way the ALAC proceeds. So we need to discuss that first.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. Cristian you have the floor and then Dev. Cristian you have the floor, go ahead please.

CRISTIAN CASAS: This is Cristian Casas speaking. Can you hear me? Okay. So Cristian Casas for the record. There is a date, a deadline, which is September the 3<sup>rd</sup>, for the first approach of this work. This two month period, or when it comes to this two month period, how should we proceed? Should we take into account the date of September the 3<sup>rd</sup>?

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio Salinas Porto for the record. Cristian, let me reply to you. This date that you see posted, comes from previous years. So I suggest you're not taking this into account. This dates back from 2012, so please do not take that into account. We need to start from scratch. Okay, Dev, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking. Can you hear me? Okay.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Yes, go ahead Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Good. Thank you. Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking. I disagree with the idea of working behind closed doors and not sharing this information in a more transparent manner. I think transparency is crucial. If you want LACRALO to be a better organization. And I think you need to be much more transparent in terms of how we work. So if, all I'm suggesting, is the document, the working groups on the wiki, lists the persons who are working on it.

If you want more persons to actually be involved in that RALO. Working behind closed doors kind of says, "Well, we don't need you," to the other persons in LACRALO. And it's a dis-incentive for anyone to participate. I think you'll be defeating the purpose even doing these working groups. So I disagree. Put your contributions on the wiki, so that, you know, that everybody sees it.

---

This is how the ALAC works, how most of At Large works, and all of the working groups. We should not be different, and we should be striving to be, in keeping in step for the rest of the At Large and the ALAC, and how ICANN policy development is done, in a transparent manner. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you Dev. Before giving the floor to Humberto, I would like to reply to you. I do understand your concern, what you're saying. I am very aware of what you are saying from a wider perspective. I share your view. But I am also concerned, due to my experience within the region, that if we don't have a document to be debated, we will be debating something vague.

So I'd rather have a document, and devote to that document the necessary time. If we ask everyone to participate, I don't see the point of having a sub working group. We should open this to the whole region, without having a working group. So what I believe we should do is to work with a scientific perspective. And I say this, taking into account that we need to draft a document.

This was open for everyone to participate in our last meeting, in our region, the working group was open again for people to participate, and we have five or six new members. And this is our aim, to have a document issued by this sub group so that we can start the debate based on something. So I would like you to think about this. We have a document on the rules of procedures, and this document has to be amended, taking into account the contribution of the region.

---

But we are working on something concrete, on concrete questions and issues, not vague things. And now I will give the floor to Humberto Carrasco.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: This is Humberto Carrasco for the record. Thank you very much Sergio. I would like to agree with Vanda. Interpreter apologizes, but we are not receiving Humberto Carrasco's audio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Humberto, are you there?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Humberto Carrasco speaking. Sorry. I had some connectivity issues. So, I would like to say that I do agree with Vanda. In terms that everything can be open to everyone, but it does not mean that everyone can participate. Once we have the document created, we will post it for comments. So I will repeat this in case we have some issues.

What I say is this group can work on the wiki in an open manner, for everyone to see, but this does not mean that everyone will be able to participate and post comments, only once the document is already finished, then the document should be open for the rest of the members of LACRALO. And in that case, they will be able to participate and contribute.

Otherwise, we will have problems to move forward, or make progress with the document.

---

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. Yes, that is what I tried to express in English and in Spanish.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. Thank you Humberto. Have you finished Humberto with your comments?

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Yes. I have.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Okay. Thank you Humberto and thank you Vanda for your comments. And I should say that I do agree with you. I mean, we can have this open but the working group is a working group. Dev, is there any comment that you would like to make.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev Anand. Yes. I do have a comment. Just to say that, this is Dev Anand. Just to say that, again, I see no reason for the lack of transparency, or for closing... I mean, I'm hearing Vanda's suggestion of posting... The working group can post something to the wiki, but then nobody can say anything about it, or comment on it.

Again, I respectfully disagree. And I really dislike the... You know, when I hear these concepts, I do think it's like everything is behind closed doors, that you have to be, even though you're a member of LACRALO,

---

you can't be inside the room because you're not a formal member of this working group, and you weren't there at the time when the call for working group members took place.

So again, transparency. Everyone in At Large does it. The ALAC call, the, all of the At Large working group calls. Everything is documented for that, it's accessible to everybody. And that's what we should be doing, making all of our work of LACRALO accessible, to everyone in LACRALO. So I do disagree with the concept of doing any sort of thing behind closed doors, document the work on the wiki please, and so everybody can see and to make contributions.

And the contributions... I do disagree that contributions are negative, if it's coming from... I think the concern is, well there are too many people commenting, then it becomes, then nothing gets done. But on the contrary, somebody might come up with a much better idea that perhaps the working group members might not be aware of, and therefore could learn. And I think that also says something that's important in LACRALO, we need to hear each other. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Thank you Dev for your contribution. I would like to give the floor to Alberto Soto. I disagree with you Dev, and I repeat, this working group is open for more people to join. [Inaudible]... I don't want to leave anyone behind, [inaudible] Cristian Casas, they have joined the group. They have joined this working group based on the call that was made in our last meeting.



---

So those who wanted to participate, came to the meeting, they attend the meetings. So Dev, I don't see your point when you say that we are not being transparent, or that we are not open to participation. I think it is a good possibility, or a good option to post the document for them to see, for people to see the progress. And once the discussion is over, then the document should be submitted for discussion.

But I mean, this does not mean that we are not letting people participate. I've spoken to almost everyone in the region, to ask them if they were willing to participate in the working group, and we did the same in the LACRALO meeting. I don't know if you attended our last meeting.

In case you were not able to attend, perhaps you should listen to the audio files. So I totally disagree with you when you say that we are not transparent at all. So Alberto, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto for the record. Dev, sorry, I don't see the lack of transparency. I mean, we are working in a form of open communicative way. We are communicating among each other, with the members of LACRALO, and this is shown and proved by the members that we have today. And not only by them, but also by the new members that are participating in LACRALO meetings.

Something that we have active with our old members. So what Vanda said, supported Humberto and by myself, means that the document will be published, everyone will be able to read the document. But I would

---

like to say, I would like to believe that this is, that you are not understanding correctly what we said.

Here we have total transparency. We have been totally transparent. But it's not possible, everyone can see the document as we are proceeding, as we are working right now. And we are receiving suggestions and we are taking that into account, and they are being published. So what we are saying, that the working group needs to generate a basic document.

In the meantime, this basic document will be on the wiki, but until that is not finished, until that document is not finished, everyone can contribute to that, but the contribution should be presented to the working group so that the working group can analyze that contribution. This is the way in which we work, normally work. That is my comment. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio speaking. Thank you very much Alberto. Now I would like to proceed with item number four on the agenda. We have only a few minutes. So Silvia, we will work as follows.

Each group will have a leader, or a chair if you will. Those chairs will be elected by the members, but each sub working group should send me the name of a coordinator or a leader. This should be sent to the list. Every 15 days, you will have to send a report. We have eight weeks, that is to say, two months as from today to the [inaudible] for the final report, the final document, to be discussed by LACRALO.

---

So, Monday October the 8<sup>th</sup> will be our deadline. That will be the deadline to deliver the final document. So every 15 days you would have to, every two Monday's you would have to send a report. That will be the first Monday will be September the 19<sup>th</sup>. So, the first report should be sent on August 18<sup>th</sup>, and the second report should be sent on September the 5<sup>th</sup>.

Then September the 15<sup>th</sup>, then September the 29<sup>th</sup>, and the final report should be sent on October the 8<sup>th</sup>. This final report will be the document, and that document will be delivered and discussed in the working group, and to be sent to the region and discussed. So we will have plenty of time for everyone to contribute.

So we will have until November the 11<sup>th</sup>, after that the debate will be finished within LACRALO. This will make a 30 day period, and after that, we will have 15 days and on the 24<sup>th</sup>, the final document will be delivered to the region for discussion and for voting.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Sergio, so October the 24<sup>th</sup>, will be the date for submitting the document for consideration for other regions.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Yes that's right. This will be with the contributions of all of the members of the region. Do you agree with the deadline? Is there anyone who would like [inaudible]... Do you all agree? Vanda agrees. I see Alberto Soto, Humberto Carrasco, Alyne Andrade,

---

Yuyuqui, Leon Sanchez. So I think this methodology has been approved by most of the members.

Then we have any other business to deal with, but we are getting the top of the hour. So, you are all members of the different working groups. But for Sergio Valle, he needs to be added to the list. He is the only one who is not in the list.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Sergio [inaudible] in the metrics working group?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Sergio speaking. Yes, but he's not in the list, so he's not receiving emails. So please take that into account. So tomorrow, I will be sending an emails o that Silvia can upload that information on the wiki page, so we can start working. I will take care of finding a document, and see which documents are in English and Spanish so that our English speaking colleagues can work.

We need to take into account that in the group where Dev participates, we need to work in both languages. So that needs to be taken care of. It is 20:03 and I would like to thank the activity of staff and the work of our interpreter because they work in an excellent manner so that we can have our meetings.

So we are at the end of our meeting. We have a long way to go. We have two months ahead, with a lot of work. And of course, we are

---

working for the benefit of LACRALO. Having said that, I would now bring this call to an end.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Vanda speaking. Thank you very much Sergio. Let's talk later. Thank you very much.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]