
TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the organizing committee call on Thursday the 29th of May, 2014, at 19:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Siranush Vardanyan, Matthieu Camus, Pastor Peters, Darlene Thompson, Natalia Enciso, Christopher Wilkinson, and Glen McKnight.

We have apologies from Jordi Iparraguirre, Eduardo Diaz, and Baudouin Schombe. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Kathy Schnitt, Carlos Reyes, Silvia Vivanco, and myself Terri Agnew.

I'd also like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. And one really quick amendment, it looks like Maricarmen Sequera just joined us as well for the roll call. I'll turn it back over to you Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Terri. Welcome everybody. I'm standing in for Eduardo Diaz who, as you've heard from the roll call, was not able to make it. And so you'll have to contend with me to go through the agenda. And let's start immediately, speaking of agenda, with the approval or changes to the agenda that we have in front of us.

Are there any changes? I don't see anyone put their hand up so that means we can move swiftly to the third agenda item, and these are the open action items, and that's effectively going to be working on. So,

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

let's go to the ATLAS II master item action item list please. And that has got all of the action items which are constantly being updated. And we will start, and I'm going to use a list which we have on the agenda itself. We'll start with the action item number 29, for that action item, I'm going to have Carlos Reyes.

CARLOS REYES:

Thank you Olivier. Hello this is Carlos Reyes. For action item 29, the [?] is updated daily as representatives change. Also, as of this morning, the metric group information has been added for those participants that have completed the survey.

And mentoring program information will be added once those mentors and mentees are confirmed. So that is the update for action item 29. Olivier, is it all right if I go on to action item 35?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Please go ahead Carlos.

CARLOS REYES:

Okay. Action item 35 is complete. The survey has been distributed to the ALSs for the new thematic working groups. We received 91 responses, and it's been open for two weeks. Of those 91 responses, only 82 were valid though. There were a few incomplete responses, about nine of them. So we can keep it open or we can proceed, but that is the update for action item 35.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Carlos. Are there any questions or comments regarding these two action items?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, I couldn't get my hand up in time, it may be up now.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you Olivier. I would like to get an answer on the [?] which was to keep the survey open for [?]... My personal view is more benefit in keeping it open then closed, but I suppose it really should be Tijani's call on that [?]...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Cheryl. I didn't quite catch the end of your sentence there, it was a bit mumbled. If you could just repeat the end of your sentence, I had trouble understanding it, sorry.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl again for the record. The end of my sentence was, I think that keeping it open should be Tijani's call, or a complete group decision.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Correct, yes. Thank you very much Cheryl for this. And indeed, and unfortunately, Tijani is travelling tonight so he was not able to join us.

But I think we will be able to alert him to his and pending his green light, and the green light of his working group, and then we can proceed forward with closing this action item.

The question I was going to ask of Carlos was, what effectively are the next steps on this, from the fact that these lists of, especially for number 35, thematic working groups were determined? And so we've got the participants now that were allocated, what happens afterwards?

CARLOS REYES:

Olivier, this is Carlos. As a next step, this information is added to the wiki, and that way all of the participants are aware of the working groups. From there, we would create, I guess, mailing lists, for each thematic working group, so they can begin discussions and so that serves as a resource leading up to, and during London in a few weeks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. What's your, it's three weeks from now, what's your time table for this, do you think, for the date?

CARLOS REYES:

Well, I would like some clarification on how we would like to proceed with the, about 60 or so ALSs that did not respond. We need to allocate them to groups, and then we can go ahead and start compiling those mailing lists. So in terms of timelines, you know, we can move, I guess the events group needs to determine how those ALS representatives are going to be allocated.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks very much Carlos. I note that Heidi Ullrich has put her hand up. You have the floor, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Olivier, this is Heidi for the record. Yes, my understanding was that on the ALC call yesterday, that it was decided that the remaining people will be allocated according to what ALT and others, events group, believe what their interest might be, given that there might be some knowledge of those people who have not respond, among the events group.

So that call, I believe, will be taken place next week, then have that full allocation ready to go. Olivier, thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks very much Heidi for this. I see Cheryl Langdon-Orr with her hand up again.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks Olivier, Cheryl again. It's all right, you've clearly responded in the chat. I gather you actually really didn't hear me very well. I was mumbling, and I was definitely suggesting that there be more benefit in [?] ...to getting more data, and [?] this group or Tijani [feeling this group is no benefit?] [?]...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Cheryl. Yes, no, I had not heard the word survey in what you were saying. So that's why I put you said to keep the action item open until Tijani sees that it needs... I think that the survey itself is already closed. Isn't it Carlos?

CARLOS REYES: Olivier, this is Carlos. It's closed in the sense that I haven't seen any more responses, but it is open. Survey Monkey doesn't have a close option. The survey will always be there, it's whether or not people are responding to it.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [?]

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, should we, yeah exactly, that's the question. Should we just, on the last try, the last round, in the absence of movement, send a reminder, another one? The problem being of course, I'm a little concerned about not actually taking action and now going with the next stage, which Carlos has described is the allocation of those remaining people into the group, etc., etc.

Once concern is that at the moment, and I've seen the list as it was tabulated, we might need a bit more information with regards to tabulation and to finding out the native tongue of each one of those people that are allocated, and being able to then use the tables,

probably Excel tables to then group all of the non-English native speakers together, and find out the ones who have a need for translation and for interpretation in their working group.

Since as you know, we've got two large rooms which will have interpretation in, and three smaller rooms that do not have interpretation. These are the things that we need to work with. So, I gather it's the events working group that's going to have to work on that, and take this to the next level. I think it probably needs to do that early next week, if at all, or if by the end of this week.

I'm not quite sure when the next events working group call is going to take place. Do we have a date for this Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

I was just thinking about asking Gisella that. This is Heidi for the record. Gisella? Would you happen to know that? And if you're speaking, you're on mute.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, Gisella here for the transcript. No, I don't have a date yet for the events working group call.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

So Gisella, it's Olivier speaking. Now this takes us very nicely to the next... You might jump over Heidi and just have Gisella for action item number 41, as you can see on the screen, and that says, "Coordinate an ATLAS II thematic working group coordination call to take place before

the end of May 2014.” That is in line with the thematic groups. Is there any update on that?

GISELLA GRUBER: Hello?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Go ahead. Okay. You must be muted right now because we can't hear you. Gisella?

CARRIE: This is Carrie from staff. I believe she has lost audio so give us a moment and we will try to redial back out to her.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you Carrie. Well, let's then go to the next action items, going back to our agenda. And go to the ones which were allocated to Heidi, those are action items 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40. So if we go over to 31, 31 is saying, "Update on the room assignments for ATLAS summit events as follows: ATLAS II plenary, and thematic sections, and Fayre of Opportunities." Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Olivier. Yes, this is Heidi for the record. You will note that I put in to the chat the link to the ATLAS II and At Large meetings in London. So the rooms that are currently allocated have been put onto

those pages. It is about 95% complete right now, and we're just still working with meeting staff of absolute 100% confirmation on rooms.

There are likely just a few slight changes, but we expect those to be, for the most part, complete. I want to skip over to 37, because I think that's related, there are a few that are related. [?] 36 is. So 31 is complete.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: 31 is complete. Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: 37 [?] roundtable meeting, Monday the 23rd...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Heidi, the next one. Heidi, could you please do the next one.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Excuse me Olivier. It's Glen. I'm not getting it on Adobe chat, strictly by phone. I don't know what the numbers are, so if you're referring to a number, could you also say what it is?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, correct, that's right. I was going to refer to what it is. Thank you Glen for reminding me. So 36 is distributed ATLAS II promotional videos to ALAS II participant list.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. I believe that's been done. I'm just waiting for staff to confirm that. So if Ariel and Carlos can help me with that, that would be great. I had actually skipped 37 because it dealt with the schedule. So 37 is the cancellation of the multistakeholder round table meeting on Monday the 23rd. That has been completed. And in its place is going to be a meeting [?] and WHOIS, to be led by Holly and Carlton.

And then back to action item 38, there [?] 90 minute session on [?] and WHOIS, and that has been complete. That's been scheduled.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. So just to get this right, Heidi. It's Olivier speaking. [?] the multistakeholder round table is cancelled, correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, excellent, thank you. Just to make it clear. And then the next one is number 39, develop draft agendas to the plenary groups, based on Tijani Ben Jemaa's descriptions.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, this is Heidi for the record. That has been completed. And if you take a look at the meeting [?] I put into the chat, you'll see that the plenary sessions have been, the agendas have been developed. And

they have been approved by Olivier, Eduardo, and Tijani. And I think Wolf as well...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: [?] in the Adobe Connect chat. Yes, okay. So At Large London agenda meetings workspace, June 2014, we've got the full meetings. Okay. Excellent.

[CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: And...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Then we have number 40, develop draft agendas for the thematic groups, including using abstracts and questions produced by the subject matter experts.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, this is actually going to be completed tomorrow, I believe, is the thematic groups call. I'm just going to confirm [?] meeting...

[CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that's tomorrow. Yes, so that is tomorrow. So that should be completed, I'm hoping it will be tomorrow because we hope to send all of the agendas to be translated [over the weekend?].

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Correct. Okay, thank you Heidi. So that basically gets them translated and gets them ready. Okay. So that's the next one. And then we've got, I think that's all of the ones that were allocated to you. Thank you. Any questions or comments on any of the action items which were allocated to Heidi?

I don't see anyone putting their hand up. So we can then move back to Gisella for action item number 41, which was coordinate an ATLAS II thematic working group coordination call to take place before the end of May 2014.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Olivier, Gisella here for the transcript. This call will be taking place tomorrow, Friday the 30th of May at 15:00 UTC, and the meeting invitation has gone out.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much Gisella. And of course, that's the meeting that we just alluded to a second earlier with Heidi. So that's great. Thank you. Any questions or comments regarding this? No one? Right, let's move on then. The next action item is #13, allocated to Glen McKnight, and that's coordinate Fayre of Opportunities event. Glen, you have the floor. You are probably muted at the moment.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Right, can everyone hear me okay?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: We can hear you. Go ahead Glen.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. [?] that was originally today, but we're jammed pack, so we're going to try to get tomorrow's meeting is the third, there will be two other meetings after this. And we'll be looking at, if it works well, 3:00 Eastern Standard Time on Friday, instead of today. I think it's, we're just too jammed packed with meetings today.

So a lot of the information will be coming tomorrow. The music is coming. [?] for APRALO has provided his music. We have, Victor has come through with that AFRALO. Sébastien has provided some songs as well. So we're just looking for additional songs from indigenous or First Nations music, from Anthony, from basically [Cree] songs from, representing Canada.

And Eduardo has provided songs as well in Spanish. We're just looking for LACRALO representative send, will be fine for our play list. We're still waiting for the size of the tables, so our table representatives can actually source appropriately colored table cloth for the tables. Again, the other issue that is outstanding is, I believe we're looking at another room location as we move our date to Tuesday.

So I need confirmation on that room. And going down, sort of the Tuesday, I find out from Eduardo is clashes with the ISOC meeting, which is normally on Tuesday. We tried to talk to Ted Mooney, the director of ISOC to move his to the Monday instead, and they're in transit. They're not willing to move the date of the ISOC meeting. Perhaps Olivier, you can talk to Ted as well.

Perhaps they can switch it with our room possibly. Maybe that's the problem, they think they don't have a room but if we can do a switch, our room would be more than adequate for an ISOC meeting. Other than that, I guess it's the speaker. If we have that speaker confirmed, and I believe Olivier was working on the price point of that person's per diem rate. And that's basically it. We'll know more in our meeting tomorrow. Any questions?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: And I see two people are putting their hands up. It's Olivier speaking at the moment. And I'll hand the floor to Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, I hope I'm unmuted. The question is bring [?] ...for them to talk to [?]... during the [?] APRALO call, so I'm putting on my Australian hat. And I just wanted to know, was the [?]...of the one that has the [?]... which causes [?]... from our indigenous population to [?]... If not, can you [?]... send me the list [?]... I will forward something to cover at least some of our indigenous [?]... thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Cheryl. Glen McKnight.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Okay. The [?] songs are a part of the event. But in the section of the play list, all of the songs that are cached, you can check the reference for that. He should have put the descriptions as well, but I'll check that when I get back. I can't do it remotely.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Glen. So please follow up after this call with Cheryl, if you can, by email and just let her know the [?] songs track, [?] tracks, which I'm well aware of, are included in the listings indicated. Wolf Ludwig. Wolf, you might be muted at the moment.

WOLF LUDWIG: I have a short remark regarding what Glen said before. Just to point out, there was confusion here about the music from EURALO. We decided before that it is [?], the secretariat, who is in charge. And Sébastien uploaded something, he did it without any feedback or coordination with us, which created an immense confusion. When [?] had another look on it, and had no idea who actually was uploading on behalf of EURALO music proposals, he never really coordinated with us.

So, this is a problem, and please take it in consideration that Sébastien is not really mandated for this and is not in charge of this. Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Wolf. So Glen, you are aware.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: I was not aware that Sébastien was not working with, I know she's created an excellent play list. I assume he was creating with her. If you want, I can remove his songs. He had three songs in total. You're absolutely right Wolf, he should have been in consultation with her.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Glen. Wolf? Should the songs be taken off or just remained there?

WOLF LUDWIG: Just leave them as they are. But I think [Julia?] had also made some suggestion, make sure that [Julia's] suggestions are not deleted or replaced by Sébastien, so if you can consider both them, it would be the best solution. Thanks.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much Wolf, and thank you very much Glen for this. Just a quick update on my part, with regards to the Fayre of Opportunities. As you mentioned, Glen, there were several speakers which were considered, and they required a fee to be paid, and I don't

think that we actually reached consensus on this at all so far, because of the size of the fee that was asked for by the potential speakers.

Now that said, because we are moving the slot, the Fayre itself from the Monday to the Tuesday, that reopens the possibility of having, maybe having [Nene?] from the, maybe that spoke at NetMundial. And she will be in Ghana on the Monday, but she has made it known that she would be able to fly over to London on Monday night, thus arriving in London on Tuesday. And so, if you have the Fayre of Opportunities on Tuesday, she could speak.

We're trying to work something out at the moment as far as the risks of flying her over that late of concern, and also the ability to obtain a visa for her at such short notice, bearing in mind she also has a hefty travel schedule before that. I don't know whether Heidi can give any update on this.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi Olivier, this is Heidi. I spoke with [?] from constituency travel, and he is urgently looking into the flight and the accommodation. It may be that she's not in the venue hotel, but we're working on that, and he does know the urgency of the issue.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay, thanks. Thank you Heidi. And we'll probably get some answer before the weekend, but obviously we do need to move fast. The other potential B plan would be maybe to have [?], whom Sébastien Bachollet had proposed. She is the French government representative. There is a

complication with this as well. I just learned a few minutes ago, is that she was supposed to be in the ICANN itself on the Monday, due to the GAC high level meeting.

So having our Fayre of Opportunities on Monday, then she would have just been able to step out of the high level meeting and come to us at the end of the GAC day. Not sure whether she will be there on the Tuesday, so we'll have to check for her. But Sébastien has also mentioned that maybe she could address everyone on the plenary on the Saturday, and that's just an email that he just sent out.

I'm going to have to work this out with him, and we'll have to work this with the events team, because that goes further than just finding a speaker as such. The other alternative which was given, if we don't have a speaker, and that's Eduardo who suggested this just a few hours ago. If we don't actually have a keynote speaker, we could have the intervention of two people by video, by recorded video of course, because we want to avoid any potential technical issues having a live stream of some sort.

And the first intervention, which is already recorded and which we have, is one from [Vince Surf?], it is three minutes in length. The second one would be an intervention from [?] who has said if she cannot make it in London by, to come face to face, she will be attending by video intervention. And so, we have three minutes and another five minutes, that gives us close to, say really 10 minutes say for the [?], which effectively is pretty much equivalent to a call, sorry, to a keynote speech.

That's where we are at the moment. The situation is still developing. And I forget the other question that you had for me, Glen, on your action item. And Glen you might be muted, you probably are. Well, I don't hear anyone, so Glen might have dropped out. Okay...

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Olivier, sorry. Sorry, missed your question. What was that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, the other question that you had just asked me in your intervention just now. Perhaps from the speakers, we touched on the movement of the Fayre from the Monday to the Tuesday, and that's also has to do with the ability to have a larger room, which is very welcome. And this is still also moving, we're being bumped around the venue at the moment. Heidi is frantically typing various different names and so on. But, yeah.

And I note in the chat some questions about why having a speaker from the French government when there will be plenty of ministers to pick from. And that's correct as well. UK One makes host country sense. The only problem so far is that the UK has not told us anything specific, or rather they've not, they haven't communicated that they would be able to make it. We could ask for one. Does this mean we have to tell us something important? I have no idea.

I don't know. I've never heard of her, I don't know. I do not know. I think we will have to get the events working group to discuss this in further detail. Because we really haven't got all of the details with us

right now, at the moment. Cheryl mentioned in the chat, they'll accept the offer... The offer has not been accepted so far. It's just been a B plan that indeed is brewing on the site.

I notice that Wolf and Cheryl put their hand up. Wolf Ludwig, go ahead.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks Olivier. Hi, Wolf Ludwig for the record. This is just another example of bypassing a whole group who is planning on this, and coming up with a suggestion from a person nobody knows, by the way, accept Sébastien. Plus she is from the governmental level, so I'm really asking myself whether a lady from the French government is really dedicated to help At Large community, something essential.

So I'm really surprised about A) the way it is done, bypassing the organizing group; and then coming up with such a strange suggestion. Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Wolf. For the record, this was suggested at the organizing group, and I think that was, or I thought there were some discussions about this with the organizing group. That's [?].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

So perhaps you would like [?]...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

And, go ahead Cheryl you're next.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you Olivier. Look. Perhaps it would appropriate [?...] to give a message back to the organizing group, that on this matter, unless they want to have every other alternate government group, people from every other alternate government group, what we apparently is something worthwhile to say [?], or somebody to have [?], this should be avoided.

The only thing that would make sense is something from home [?...] And I'm not saying that in just somewhat pretentious circumstance, I'm saying this as [?] every single ministerial or governmental keynote, I've ever spoken about to any of them, including regional IGFs. [?...] one speaker from one side of governmental policy, others would want to know why they [?]. So I would implore you, at all costs, with the exception of a host country. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks very much Cheryl. And maybe we can capture this and relay this to the organizing, sorry, to the events committee, so it will be able to act on that. [?] that would be fine. Yeah, I note a lot more discussion on the government representative topic. Preference for Brazil or Sweden. Government of a forefront [?] Internet user rights. Wolf is suggesting also Thomas Snyder from the Swiss government, and move it back to the propriety, okay.

So there is opposition from this group to having a government representative, I understand, or at least one that is not known to anyone, that there point as well. Okay, let's move on then. And let's

have this as an, can we just have this as a note for tomorrow's call for the Fayre committee call please. I don't know. Glen, are you still on the call?

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Yes, I am.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Would you be able to make a note of this please? Because that's going to be something that will be discussed tomorrow on the Fayre call, I believe.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Okay.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: All right. Thank you. Let's move on then. The time is ticking. So let's move to the next set of action items, and now we are with Tijani Ben Jemaa's action items, and unfortunately Tijani, as I said earlier, is traveling today. So I'll be going through those and I'll be asking if anyone has an update on these, perhaps staff will be aware. First the, the first action item is number 22, coordinate the ATLAS II events agenda.

And I think that Heidi could actually let us know about this, since she has been working about all the agendas.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi Olivier, this is Heidi. Yes, as most of the ATLAS II event agenda, in terms of the wiki page individual day, that has been completed. And I still need to update the overall Excel document that lists all of the meetings on one page. And I'm just waiting to do that until we have final confirmation of that all meeting, so I don't have to continuously update that.

But that, again, I'm hoping that will be in the next day, hopefully no later than tomorrow. Then we'll update the full of the one page with [?].

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much for this. Any comments for this? [?] the overall agenda updated. And then the next one is action item number 43, define the SO and AC chairs function during the ATLAS II event. And I'm afraid I have no idea on what the progress is on this one. If anybody is able to help, to let us know. Yes, Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So in my memory, that action item was for the morning plenary on Saturday. There was some discussion on what the role of the AC/SO chairs would be. They're going to be invited, and there was a discussion on whether the AC/SO chairs should actually have a speaking role, or whether they should be invited to listen.

And that has not progressed, I think, in terms of a conclusion.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you. Any comments or questions on this? I don't see anyone. All right, let's move on then. Action item number 42 that is allocated to Wolf Ludwig, coordinate the ATLAS II thematic session event. Wolf, you have the floor.

WOLF LUDWIG: Thanks a lot Olivier. It's Wolf Ludwig for the record. Yes, as you may have perhaps realized following up on our last call, I sent some conceptual ideas to the list, so the ball, for the moment, is not on my side anymore. I forwarded what I think would be reasonable to follow up and to coordinate among... The suggestion was that each thematic group, besides [?], and moderators, and recorders, selected from a team and work out further details as a team to probably prepare their respective session, in close coordination with us.

I don't know. I haven't got much feedback on those ideas, and I guess probably tomorrow evening we will find out more, or tomorrow afternoon we will find out more. Now it depends how many people will actually respond to the call invitation, and perhaps after the call tomorrow, we can tell more. Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Wolf. It's Olivier speaking. Are there any questions or comments from this? I don't see anyone putting their hand up. So okay, thank you. Let's move on then, this has also been done, as we've heard. Now the next one is an action item that is assigned to Fatimata Cambroneiro, action item number 14.

Fatimata is also flying today, as we speak, she's actually on an aircraft. So I will ask for Silvia Vivanco to take us through this one, because I know that Fatimata has been working closely with her on this action item. And the action item is to coordinate the ATLAS II mentoring program.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, can you hear me?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can hear you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, great, thank you. Yes, we had meeting with Fatima. The next step would be that Fatima will send an email to all mentors and mentees with instructions of the guidelines that with their responsibilities that they need to perform during the meeting in London. And there will be a conference call in one week, where participants, mentors and also mentees will also have to choose [?] and ask questions among themselves, that registered the participants.

Basically that's [?] here. Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks very much, thank you very much Silvia. Are there any questions or comments on this update? Okay. I just wanted to add that I have emailed Fatima and put the pressure to start getting things

moving, because we have received several questions regarding the mentoring program. There is a great level of interest from ALSs, and also a level of eagerness from the mentors, who so far don't appear to have been allocated their mentees.

And as we know, in order to get moving before mentors and mentees need to be in touch before the ATLAS II starts. So I'm glad to see things will be moving forward and having a call next week will definitely help. I see green tick from Cheryl to this. Okay. Seeing no one wishes to speak to this action item, let's continue. The next one is a jointly allocated action item. That's allocated, Carlos Aguirre, Natalia Enciso, and Maricarmen Sequera. And the action item is to coordinate the ATLAS II communications working group.

I believe we have Maricarmen Sequera on the phone, but she will be speaking in French and I think those of us who speak French will be able to translate somehow. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, there has been a change.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: There's been a change, excellent. I love changes, please, let us know what the change is.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Silvia is going to read the comment from Maricarmen.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Fantastic. Okay Silvia, you have the floor.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. I am reading from Maricarmen, and she wrote on the website. [?] assignments page, at this point [?]... and the pictures [?]... on the website, in coordination with the communication working group. Also the users [?] have to upload to [?] conferences. I am [?]... I think that's all...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Silvia, it's Olivier speaking. Yes, I'm not sure if anybody else has heard much of your report, but so far you've been dropping off a number of times. Rather comically as well, because we can then make up new sentences between the... and so on. So if you can just a few more points, then hopefully we can hear you.

[CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: ...isn't clear, so whatever you're doing right now, keep on doing it.

SYLVIA VIVANCO: Okay. I'm closer [?], okay. So let's see. The host and the server are hosted in Eduardo's company. The tech [?] and pictures are already

posted on the website. The users have access to all [?] to [?] to new content, and [?]... to change in [?] that's all.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: [Laughs] I'm sorry. This is too funny. This is Olivier speaking. I heard the first sentence and then the that's all in the end. Great. Well, I mean if anybody else has heard any of it, Wolf has understood half which is more than I understood. I'll give the floor to Natalia Enciso and perhaps she could add to what you have been saying. Natalia, you have the floor.

NATALIA ENCISO: Yes, hello. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, very well, thank you, go ahead.

NATALIA ENCISO: This is Natalia. I will do the update. I already posted it on the chat. Action item 16, three newsletters have been sent in three languages, English, Spanish, there are two more to go. The web page allocated is ATLAS dot ICANN dot org, on the several [?] Eduardo's company that [?]. The English version is uploaded, I put a link on the chat also, if you can have a look.

And we did this with a consensus with the communication working group. And now we are requesting for comments about the designs and

distributions. The content is already updated and the pictures too, and also the staff have worked on this. And after we [?] we will translate it into Spanish and French. And we have a call next week to decide the launching of this site.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That's great. Thank you very much. That's more legible. Thank you Natalia. And as you know, the website, she put the website on the Adobe chat. I've already looked at it, in fact, it's an earlier call today with SO/AC and SG chairs, that were questions about At Large summit, and what was going on at the At Large summit.

And I've ventured out to let them know of a little CNO preview of the website by sharing this address with the SO and AC chairs. So, it's already being looked at. Okay. Any comments or questions on this action item? Seeing no one put their hand up, let's move on to the next one, and the next one is, let's see, it's the one for Murray McKercher, action item number 25. And that's coordinate the ATLAS II public relations sub working group. Murray is not on the call, I believe. Or are you on the call Murray?

No, I don't see Murray on the call. So the public relations working group had a discussion slightly earlier today, a couple of hours ago. And unfortunately the call was quite poorly attended. It was a bit of a shame. It looked at several things, including the possibility of having a press release that would be sent out.

The concern was, well there was a concern that the call was a bit sterile in that we didn't have anyone from the concept RP, so we didn't know

how the press release would be sent out. And then there was a question with regards to the curation working group because, as you know, we've got a curation working group. So would the press release be sent out to the curation working group?

And that's where we were at the time. There was also some confusion as to how the working group is sticking together, and the... I pointed the participants over to a list of the working groups, which is given, I think it's over in this, let me just give you the organizational map, which is defined in your chat right now. And those are the working groups, organizational map.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure this is still occurring, this was put together in February 2014, and it clearly shows the public relations part, the communications working group that had to relate back to the public relations. And I'm not sure really where the curation working group would go in there, simply because it's not primarily an ATLAS curation working group, but it comes from outside this whole structure.

I wonder, Dev, looking at this diagram, where would you be seeing the curation working group? In this whole overall system. And I know it's not called curation working group, yes Evan. So Dev Anand Teelucksingh. And I could swear Dev was on the call earlier, wasn't he? No. Okay. So fine. So Dev, I must be hallucinating then. Right, it has changed, the name has changed, fair enough.

And it's now called the social media working group. And I think we could just move on then, since Dev is not on the call. Any questions or comments regarding that action item? None. Okay. Let's move on to

the next one, and that's one for me, item action number 15, and that's the sponsorship update.

There has been no additional updates since the last sponsorship we had, the last update that I gave last week. I have followed up with verifying today, having a quick chat with the person in charge. No follow up beyond that so far. I've also followed up with the other potential sponsors, including Facebook and including the people who are, who have dot London as one of their clients.

No follow ups so far on that either. There has been a negative answer from [?], because they have already allocated, they're sponsoring the ICANN meeting. So they already allocated their sponsorship. On the other hand, as you know, the PIR sponsorship for the lunch on the Sunday has been covering, I think, pretty much covering most of the costs. And staff has been working on the costing and trying to see how we can get a little bit of money here and there to try and add to the sponsored event.

And so as far as the Sunday lunch is concerned, sponsored by PIR, we've managed to allocate a little bit normally to be able to invite 15 members from the NCSG. And I think that was in response to first a request from the NCSG to meet with us over the weekend, us having a full, very busy, busy week. The other thing being PIR wishing to be addressing as many people as they can, having the noncommercial and the nongovernmental field.

As you know, they are bidding, I think, it's for dot NOG, or dot NGO, and I gather they probably just wish to talk to us about that in their short

five, 10 minute slot which they'll have. But it looks like it's going to be the opportunity to mix and mingle well with 15 members of the NCSG. As you know, we have a number of commonalities in there, and that also helps with bringing, helping us with our goals basically together.

Any comments or questions on this topic? I don't see anyone putting their hand up. Okay. So that's the update on the sponsorship. And then we've got action item number 24, that's allocated to Cheryl Langdon-Orr, and that's coordinate the ATLAS II ROI sub group, the return on investment. Cheryl, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you very much Olivier. Cheryl for the record. Not [?]-... as you know, most of what we [?]-...collection of data points during the meeting and [?] after, and other data points, of course, will be made available with the [?]-... somewhat busy at the moment, as opposed to going [trolling?] now for proposal and [?]-... can do that after they survived the London ATLAS meeting.

But there is a little bit of bad news and good news. And to that, [Carlos?] has answered that on his attempt to [?]-... in terms of doing attendance. Carlos, rather than me characterizing the new [?] meeting, I'm going to ask you to tell the group that, and of course you can give an update to the AR, that is [WHOIS?] accuracy, but it's [?]-... to look for something that will life easier to track who is attending what and where during the meeting, that is still a work in progress. But we did try to do something else, and Carlos if you would just like to update everybody, that would be great. Thank you.

CARLOS REYES: Thanks Cheryl. This is Carlos. Quite simply, the meeting services team has informed me that by ICANN 51 in Los Angeles, they're hoping to have some type of attendance tracking system in place. This is still being tested and vetted through the various ICANN senior staff.

For ICANN 50, we've been seeing potential interim solutions. So once I hear back from them, I'll be able to report on what progress is being made on an interim solution.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks Carlos.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Carlos and thanks Cheryl for this update. Are there any questions or comments regarding this action item? Seeing no one put their hand up, that means there are [?]. So that rounds up all of the open action items that we have listed. The next part of our agenda is to turn to the next call and next steps. And our next meeting will be on Thursday the 5th of June, and this needs to be determined, the time needs to be determined by Doodle. Is this correct?

GISELLA GRUBER: Olivier, Gisella for the record. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes we can, please go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: So for the next week, we can either have 16:00 or 19:00 UTC, which is the current time. I don't think anyone is affected by GNSO counsel call next week, which is 18:00 UTC. So in order to accommodate Cheryl, we can have 19:00 UTC, or actually we did discuss a rotating time.

We can go back to 16:00 UTC. I think we just might need to do a hands up quickly for both times if you wish.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you Gisella. It's Olivier speaking. So let's start, if we wish 16:00 UTC put a green tick next to your name, if you wish 19:00 UTC put a red checkmark, red cross, sorry, next to your name. And if you don't mind either, then... Well, if you don't mind either, than put a smiley or something. [Laughter] Fantastic. We need to do a print screen now, we're all a happy bunch of people.

Okay, so I see that the running here has nothing to do with it. So I see more red crosses than green ticks on this. So it looks like we're probably going to have to go for 19:00 UTC. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, sorry. Olivier, Gisella here for the transcript. Good on 19:00 next week, thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay thanks very much. And that pretty much rounds off our call for today. I thank all of you for attending, and the next steps of course, we just have to push through with these action items. Could I just have a quick rundown, because I notice there was an action item which was added earlier, now it's disappeared.

Staff could you please remind me, what was the one that we needed to look at? I think it is to do with tomorrow's call specifically. No? Okay. Fair enough. No movement, no nothing. Fine. No, it is for the thematic working groups tomorrow that will be a call to get the next thing moving. And of course the Fayre of Opportunities call tomorrow, that will be dealing with discussion, I think, specifically about the speaker [?] to have a problem on that department, at the moment.

And with this, I thank you all, and I'll adjourn the call, until next week. Thanks and bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]