
TERRI AGNEW:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. This is the ATLAS II Fayre of Opportunities call on Thursday, the 22nd of May, 2014, at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Eduardo Diaz, Ali ALMeshal, and Wolf Ludwig. Glenn McKnight is hoping to join us a little later into the call. We have apologies from Judith Hellerstein and Baudouin Schombe. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber; a newer member, Kathy Schnitt; and myself, Terri Agnew.

I would also like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much, and back over to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you very, Terri. Thank you, everyone, for being here today. The agenda is in Adobe, and are there any changes or additions to the agenda? If not, we can jump right into – I don't know what Glenn wanted to talk about [inaudible], but let's jump to the next one – item number four – about the schedule. I believe there is detailed schedule link on the main page. [inaudible] put it here so everyone can go on there, and – whoops, it's there. Okay.

So Heidi, can you take us over that schedule? And I guess the main thing is for the group to agree or disagree with this or make changes to the schedule. So if Heidi can take us over this, I would really appreciate it.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

I don't see Heidi. Heidi, I guess you are in here. Or anybody from staff who may want to go through this schedule? It was published yesterday, I believe so.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi is not on the call.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I saw her name in the staff.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, she is. She's on the Adobe Connect. She would be joining us shortly. What Heidi has done since the last call we've had is add Fadi and Steve Crocker, and if we can just go through the timing of the event just to make sure that we all agree on this. Just bear with me for a second.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Eduardo. I just got a copy now that I can see. So as to last time, 8:25 playing the background [inaudible] to coordinate the tech staff. Then we'll do the socializing for ten minutes. And [inaudible] networking and cross-RALO interaction. Then at 18:40, we start with the welcome and introductions by Olivier. That will last for five minutes, followed by Fadi for five minutes, and then we have Olivier introducing Steve Crocker, who he as well has five minutes.

We then have a brief video sent to us by Vint Cerf, and that Olivier will be introducing as well. Then we get onto the keynote speakers, which we will be addressing later on. The keynote speakers currently have eleven minutes. Then we continue with the socializing for 25 minutes, and going around the tables, etc. Then an idea that we came up with was the ATLAS II quiz that if you attended the APRALO Showcase in Singapore, you will remember that Pavan did a quiz and we had some prizes, and that went down quite well, and it was quite an entertainment for the showcase. We need your view on that.

Then we continue with the socializing, and Olivier will say a few words at the end to thank everyone and to close the reception.

One of my questions as well was with regards to interpretation. That was one of the questions on making sure that we had interpretation for the whole duration of the Fayre because we'll have the socializing at the end, but then Olivier will close the reception. So we'll need interpretation for that. So if everyone agrees, we will make sure they're there for the duration.

My questions on this one was, would the music, if we played it at the beginning and the last bit of the socializing. First of all, maybe are there any comments with the schedule that is up on the Adobe Connect?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Gisella, I have a question. Is the Fayre – does it start at 18:25, or at 18:00?

GISELLA GRUBER: 18:30 is the start time that we have.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: 18:25 is purely for logistics, just to say that we will five minutes before the beginning put the music on, like we did in Singapore if you were there, just to welcome the people to the Fayre and get them in before we start.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: So it starts a little before.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Maureen, you have your hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Gisella, I have actually put it into the chat, but I think it's one of the reasons we're keeping all the formalities really early and trying to get them over and done with because of the need for interpretation. It's such an important time. It's an important occasion, and I think it's important to ALS members who come and want to participate and get involved. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you.

DESIREE MILOSHEVIC: Hello? Can you hear me?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Who is this? Who is trying to speak?

DESIREE MILOSHEVIC: I might have entered another call, but this is Desiree. I'm joining the [inaudible] sponsorship call at 18:00 UTC.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi, Desiree. It's not at 18:00 UTC. It's in one hour's time.

DESIREE MILOSHEVIC: Okay. Sorry. I'm in London and 18:00 UTC is usually the same as GMT.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, London is one hour ahead.

DESIREE MILOSHEVIC: Okay. All right.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'll give you a quick call, Desiree. I'll call you.

DESIREE MILOSHEVIC: All right. Sorry.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: No problem. No problem. No problem.

GISELLA GRUBER: Apologies, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: It's okay. It has happened to me also. Sometimes I get in these meeting and I don't know what they are. Sorry. Okay. Any more comments about this? I [inaudible] in Maureen that to get the formalities at the beginning, do you mean that not having the socializing with music and then have the welcome introduction? You recommend to do that right at the beginning? Is that the question or the comment that you had?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Eduardo. No, I think that the introduction with the music as people come in, yes, that's fine. I just don't think we should prolong the socializing because people might come in sort of like having a bit of socializing and stuff like that and then leave if we make it too long. So it's really just a little bit of time for people to come, but we really shouldn't delay it too long to actually start those formalities because we

don't want to hold people up who are there as extras and doing us a favor. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Maureen. To be socializing before the actual welcome and introductions, it's only for ten minutes, so it's just for allowing people to come in. This is going to really start ten minutes after the scheduled hour. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, sorry, Eduardo. I'm coming in a little late, so are you saying, Maureen, that you would like to not have that ten minutes of socializing and just get straight to the features, and then just open it completely up to the socializing?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Hi, Heidi. No, no, no – not at all. I think we do need to have that ten minutes. We just don't want to prolong it so that we [inaudible].

EDUARDO DIAZ: Maureen, we lost you. We cannot hear you anymore.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, that's fine. You're talking.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Can you hear me now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, that's interesting. Yeah, we are getting into daylight hours now, so people probably are using the system more.

Gisella, just to sort of say that we need to really stick to the schedule so that we don't prolong things and we can get into the introductions and the formalities as quickly as possible. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Heidi, you want to say something else?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, I'm not really following. Did we just go through the entire schedule, Eduardo? I'm sorry, I'm coming in a little late.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, yes, yes we did. Gisella went through it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Basically, I put five minutes for Olivier, as brief as we possibly can. So is everyone in agreement with that?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's what we are discussing, and Maureen was the first one bringing in a comment of making sure that we stick to this timeframe, especially in the beginning with the socializing with music, which ten minutes would be fine. But we should not get it longer than that. That's her comment.

And in our language interpretation, there's a question about if we should have language interpretation for the whole event, even until the end because of the five minutes that Olivier is going to close this, and that is the other question that we have. I think Glenn is joining us. As soon as we finish this, again, maybe you want to take over this. We're discussing the whole schedule for the fayre. We're discussing it to see if we agree on the schedule.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, thank you. Go ahead, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so I can finish with this and then you can take over. So the question is, are we going to give interpretation for the whole event? Heidi, please?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, I had my hand up before, but I'll take the floor again. So in terms of that, can I suggest that perhaps that close be done by Eduardo and Olivier? Because between the two of them, they speak English, Spanish,

and French. So we don't need to have the interpreters. We can let them go after about the first hour.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I don't have a problem with that. Keeping them for such a long time, but what about the quiz time? Once the quiz is done, they can go? Is that what you're suggesting, maybe? So they will be out of there –

HEIDI ULLRCH: Yes, yes. We could just have them go after that. Yeah.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, well, I don't have a problem. It's only five minutes for the closing. I think having them there for half-an-hour just to interpret for five minutes for a closing remark is kind of not efficient or practical. I don't know what the rest of the group thinks about this.

If not, then we do it that way. Oh, I have Ali AlMeshal. Please, Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL: I have one comment, which is with regard to the quiz and the socializing and inviting RALOs to the table. I think it's better to have the quiz before that socializing because once we do that and invite the attendees to the RALO tables, then they might lose their attention for starting the quiz. So I would rather have the quiz before the socializing, so there'd be more socializing after the quiz. And then we have the floor. After that, Olivier to close. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Any comments about this suggestion? For me, it can go either way. Heidi, yes, do you have any comments?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Eduardo. So Ali, are you saying that the quiz would start immediately after the end of the keynote speaker address at 9:15, and then the rest of it would be completely socializing?

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, Heidi. That's it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, okay. Okay, I can make that change. And then we can even let the interpreters go earlier then.

ALI ALMESHAL: Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Any comments about this? Any abstentions on doing this change? So let's have a consensus call. Who abstains on having this schedule the way it is with the change that we just mentioned? So not having anyone –

MAUREEN HILYARD: Hi, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I was just going to say there's been quite a lot of chat about this, and it seems to be that the quiz before the socializing would certainly put people into a good mood for socializing, I think.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so you're saying you agree to Ali's comment? Is that correct? Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Correct.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, okay. So with that, then we make the change to move the ATLAS quiz to the 19:15 slot. We do the quiz, and then the rest will be socializing, and we will have a five-minute thank you note for everyone at the end.

The other question I have, when we are socializing, are we going to have background music while we are socializing? I think we should. But that's something that can be done very easily. So in any case, if there are no other comments, this group has agreed to this schedule. So we can make this final, if there are no more changes in the future. Thank you.

Glenn is now going to take over the meeting. I didn't do the recapitulation, item number three. I don't know if you want to say something there. I just jumped to item number four.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, that's great. Thank you, Eduardo. Just to recap, many of the outstanding issues that have been in previous calls still exist, and so I think we're going to cover a lot of material. We do have some closure, but let's jump right into this.

Okay, so we're going to go to action item number five. Okay, so item 4.1, items 004 and 005. Heidi, can you give everyone an update on the alternative speaker, and alternative alternative speaker? Go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually, I'm going to actually had it over to Olivier, if he doesn't mind.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Olivier, it's your chance to give us an update. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Glenn. Can you hear me well?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, we can.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, fantastic. Thank you. So as you said, there were suggested speakers, and then suggested replacement speakers – Plan B, Plan C, etc. At the moment, there was a little survey that was sent out to members of the working group that deals with this, asking them from a list of speakers that was supplied by Edelman, which is the PR firm that

works on this in London, and the first person who came up in there was Martha Lane Fox, who is a very well-known person – one of the two people behind LastMinute.com.

So that was one person, and then there was also Ben Hammersley was the second person on the list. So Edelman checked with both. They haven't had a reply from – sorry if I understand – from Martha Lane Fox yet, but they have been told by Ben Hammersley of a hefty price, which was £4000, although this was based on 90-minute appearance, a 90-minute speech. So of course, if we're only having someone for 15 minutes, there is room for less than this, and the [Com] Department will come back to let us know if we can actually reduce that price significantly, and it might be that for 15 minutes, we might not be charged. But we will find out in the next few days about this.

So plan A was Martha Lane Fox. Plan B is Ben Hammersley. Then Plan C would be to have a lady called [inaudible], who is the French Secretary – I'm thinking of it in French at the moment – French State Secretary for Digital Engagement in France, of course. But she's based in London, so there would be no cost associated with this. So that's the speakers.

The other ones that we have thought about, such as Richard Branson, for example, have not come back, although I have contacted him via a couple of ways. I didn't go the boldest way, which is to contact him via Twitter. I might try that later on before the end of the week. But I think it's highly unlikely due to the proximity of the time, and also the fact that apparently he'd only do something for the Virgin brand and if it relates directly to the Virgin brand or makes the Virgin brand look good

in a specific way for a specific product. So we're kind of not going to have that. Quite unlikely.

I do remind you though that we do have a video from Vint Cerf that will be played. That's a three-minute video – actually, less than three minutes. I think it's like two minutes or so. Something very short, just greeting everyone and apologizing for not being there. But of course, that doesn't replace a speaker and such. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay, let's open to the floor. Anybody have any questions to Olivier on the speakers or proposed speakers?

Okay, it doesn't look like it. I have a question for you, Olivier. Is budget an issue in terms of the payment of someone, or if it's a modest amount, is that okay, or are we somewhat limited based on our budget?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for this question, Glenn. At the moment, we're trying to work out how much spare budget we have because we obviously have had several organizations and companies that are sponsoring our different events. The showcase itself, or the Fayre of Opportunities – why am I calling it showcase? The Fayre of Opportunities itself is partially funded, but give us a couple more days and we'll be able to know how much we could spend on a speaker. But I just wonder, is it something that we would be entertained with, spending for a speaker?

One thing we could do, of course, is to have a speaker that doesn't request anything, but of course, we would pay for their travel and

expenses in getting to London. But that I totally understand, and I think we might have budget for this. But closer to the end of this week, we will have a better idea of exactly how much we have about the spare, bearing in mind we have had some At-Large Structure delegates let us know that they will not be able to come to London. So we have a little bit of spare cash from our budget, due to the lower number of ALSs than the original number of ALSs that we were going to take into account with the budget.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, great. Anybody else, speak up please. Okay, if there isn't anyone else, let's move on to the next item.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Tijani has his hand up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I am here. I am here. I am here.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: How could I forget you? Okay, sorry, Tijani, my apologies. Go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: You don't see me. I am transparent. That's why. Good afternoon or good morning. I would like to say that I really agree with Olivier that funding the speaker is not the solution. We don't have speakers not because we cannot fund them. It is because there is not one that we

want and who is available. This is the problem. So I don't think we have to spend money to pay the speaker. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great, thank you so much, Tijani. I agree with Tijani. On a call earlier today, I think the stars of this event is all the ALSs, and I believe it's a tight schedule and it's the networking that's so critical. This is a unique opportunity.

But okay, so if there's no one else on this topic, let's move on quickly onto the actual other logistic issues with regards to the Fayre. Okay, so that takes us to 4.2: our RALO display, slideshows, banners. Can you guys provide an update on the London template for the slideshows, the banners, and any other material?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Susie has just put all of the banners on the way to London yesterday, so we have a beautiful ALAC At-Large purple pop-up, and then all of the RALOs have pop-ups in their RALO colors.

In terms of the slideshows, Ariel has prepared that. I believe that's ready to go. That has the At-Large logo on it. I believe it might have the hashtag on it. Ariel, if you want to come in, if you have any comment on these issues?

ARIEL LIANG:

Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, go ahead, Ariel.

ARIEL LIANG: Thank you, Heidi. Thank you, Glenn. The site is almost ready to go. We just finalized the hashtag in the PR call today. I will send it over to Olivier for approval, and once he approves the style, then I will upload it to the wiki and also send a copy to you, too. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great, thank you. Okay, so if there is any other questions, I just want to make sure all the participants on this call in your regions that you have an assigned person to make sure the tables and material that you want to share with the community that that's been organized.

One of the things that is necessary is the sizing of the tables. Now, just to let you know, there's going to be five tables. Each RALO will have a designated table. At this point, we don't know the size of the tables. Gisella was looking into it, but I do not have that information. Maybe she has an update. Okay, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Glenn. I don't have an update today on the size of the tables. I'm working meeting staff with regards to the size of the tables and other room logistics.

However, I do have a quick question with regards to the plasma screens, if I may.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: On the last call, we mentioned a screen per table. Now, you mentioned TV screen, which Meetings Team will refer to as plasma screens. Our Meetings Team will look into that because there's an additional cost when we order plasma screens.

Also, a question is: the plasma screens are then to be very close to each other, and confirming that there won't be any sound on them, it will only be a video running? But we won't be able to have sound. If you see the size of the room, it's 160+ people in it. You won't hear anything on the TV screens – the plasmas.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, that is correct. A slideshow is preferred, or a set of pictures. But to show your ALS video would be illogical. You're not going to be able to hear it, so I strongly recommend that whatever you're setting up for use on a USB or connected to your laptop that it's information that does not require audio. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: So as I said, I will get back to you because I'm thinking that the cost of the plasma screens are going to be very high. The alternative solution there would be to have laptops playing at each table. I know spectaclly it won't be as good, but it will be an option to play with light shows.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you Yeah, you'll get back to us on that cost issue?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. Okay, the largest screen doesn't have to be a monster 55-inch screen. 32-inch is more than adequate, LED or plasma. Like you say, well, get back to us for our next meeting on that. Thank you.

Okay, let's move quickly along. Any questions on that? Oh, sorry, Eduardo. Do you have a question?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, a quick question. When you talked before, you mentioned that all the RALO people in charge of the tables should get their material together and so forth. But I'm not sure who these people are. Is there a place in the wiki where we can see who these points of contact are? Because I'm afraid that the message is not going across. That's my impression. Maybe I'm wrong. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, thank you so much. In NARALO's case, it's Judith. The Secretariat of EURALO is the person responsible for EURALO. Off the top of my head, LACRALO; I'm not sure who it is. I did talk to Dev to have somebody assigned. Last time I was speaking to Tijani, I believe it's Victor for AFRALO. Maureen, can you help us on this? Do you have an assigned person for APRALO?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, we do, and I'm assuming that [Ali] does know that he is in charge.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Great, thank you. We'll document that. Thank you, Eduardo, for pointing that out.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thanks, Maureen, I'm aware of it.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Tijani, did you want to add to that? Are you volunteering for that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No. I'd like to perhaps correct something. Victor will be in charge of the music?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: And we already assigned another person for the table. We assigned two African persons. There's one Francophone and one Anglophone, so anyone coming to our table can speak with our ALSs. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: And sorry, Tijani, who are they for the record?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I don't want to give you names now because we put some names. Aziz was in charge to confirm with them if they accept or not, and I don't have the feedback from him. I will have it this week for sure.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect. Okay, well thank you so much. So that covers the assigned individuals for the table. We'll probably get together before the event and make sure the tables are properly set up, so feel free to having one reach out to me during the day on that.

Okay, so if there's no other comment – Eduard, again? Did you have something to say?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Just quickly, I recommend that these names are published in the wiki so they know and we know who they are, just because you mentioned LACRALO and EURALO, but I don't see any [inaudible] but people that you mentioned there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm quite sure that they're already in the page. I'm just asking my team to locate that. I've seen it, so it exists.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Thank you, Heidi.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, thank you, Heidi. Yeah, we'll double check that. And you're right, Eduardo. It should be top of the order.

Okay, if I can move along on this. We have music, and the idea is to collect music of your region so that the playlist can be given and played as background music during the social, not too loud, but nice and enjoyable. We asked for ten songs per region, so Eduardo has done a great job. He was the first one to actually upload his songs to the confluence. There's a step-by-step process to do that when you're in the wiki to add attachments.

A lot of people are just giving the names of their songs. That doesn't work. We don't have time to go looking for those songs and downloading those songs, so I strongly recommend that your music curator actually get the songs and upload them to the site so that we can have them on a USB to give it directly to the sound engineer.

So again, anybody's who's been assigned for collecting the songs, please make sure the songs are properly set up as mp3 files. Anybody have any questions on that?

Okay, if not, again, we had a 4.4 item: special ID for the event. Do we have any update on that, or is that a closed item? Heidi, did you have anything on that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, not anything particularly. I think we just need to determine when the special gift was going to be distributed.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, okay. Okay, let's move on to the next item on food and snacks. I think we talked about that last time, but for the benefit of everyone, I think Gisella can give us an update on that again. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Glenn, yes, I'm working on a menu with the hotel directly now, as well as the bar set up to see how many bar stations there are going to be. We'll be working with Nancy on a final drawing of the meeting room. She has indicated that they're extremely busy, so hopefully we'll get the drawing of the room within the next couple of weeks, and we'll work the catering around that. So hopefully we'll have an update by next week, but all in progress.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great, thank you. So again, for the record, it's not a full meal. It's appetizer-type food – finger foods – and drinks through the evening. Food will be clearly identified for those Halal or vegetarian or vegan. We didn't know if they had a proper signage on each of them.

I think Maureen had a question – oh, it's on the quiz. So back to the quiz. Who is making the quiz? Heidi, can you address that issue? Or Eduardo?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think we were thinking about that as well. Maureen, if you want to volunteer to help, if there was maybe perhaps a small group, can you develop some questions? We just thought of this yesterday, so we haven't fully thought it through. So we're going to recap to Pavan and know that he's been asked to be the emcee, but –

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Maybe we wanted to just have a small group working with staff to prepare some questions. Gisella's going to be getting the gifts, and they're going to be sort of nice gifts. We'll have the budget for that, as well. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, looks good. It's similar to what you did in Singapore, correct, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct, correct. And that was APRALO who did that, and they did a fantastic job. Yes, Maureen, definitely they would need to be global and related to At-Large and ATLAS. And fun, as well.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect. Okay, I posted earlier there's a television show in the United States, I believe: "Are You Smarter than a Ten-Year-Old?" So that might be a name for the quiz. But that's another story.

Okay, so going further on, do we have an update on the room? There's been a lot of discussion on whether we had enough capacity in that room or if we're going to be assigned another room – the GAC room – for the evening that's larger.

Heidi, you have an update on the room?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Gisella, come on in if you have any more updates on this. So the meeting staff are just now going through all the meeting reservation forms that were submitted last week, and we're hoping to have call with meeting staff – just At-Large staff with meeting staff – later this week. Hopefully by that time we'll have an update on this. But we've brought the issue up to very senior people within ICANN noting your concerns. So we're hoping to have some flexibility on that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Perfect. Thank you so much. Okay, well, the sooner the better, I'm sure. Tijani, you had a question?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Glenn. I'd like to ask a question to the group. Shall we do our Fayre of Opportunities in the ALAC room with the tables if there is no other solution?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, so it's an open question.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Hello? Do you hear me?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: From Tijani. Can you please respond? Waiting for people to put their hands up. Okay, so [inaudible] what Tijani's asking, go ahead – would you like to repeat it?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Well, Tijani, if we don't have any room, we have to do it there with the tables. We have no other choice. It's not like we can go to another room and do it. I'm sorry. But we should keep pushing to get the room to where we want it. Otherwise, it's going to be very, very, very tight. It's going to look bad on everyone. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Eduardo, this is exactly why I asked the question. I do think that we don't have to organize the Fayre of Opportunities in this room with the table. We don't have to do that because it will be a failure of our event. So this is why I asked this question; to make you aware of the time. We have to get the final response from the meeting staff now so that we can find if there is other solutions. Perhaps even I do accept to go out of the site then doing it in this room. You will not do a Fayre of

Opportunities. You will not do a socializing event. People are standing up and moving inside the room. This is the question. This is the problem. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Thank you so much. I just want to read you back to the chat. Wolf has asked, “Okay, if we don’t use that room, do we have an alternative location? So what else?” That’s what we’re trying to come up with, and I’m hoping we need some line in the sand where we can – I think what Tijani is saying is we really do emphasize – and we’ve already said it – that we want a suitable room that’s respectful to what we’re trying to do.

Okay, Eduardo, back to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Tijani, the fallback decision will be to do it outside the hotel. At that time, we’ll mention how many who are going to go there. AT least the ALSs will be there. But I’m wondering if Steve and Fadi will be able to go there and they’ll [inaudible]. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay, well, let’s hope we get an answer soon this week that gives us a lot of pleasure – that it’s a suitable room.

Okay, let’s move on. Olivier, do you have an update on sponsorship for everyone?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Can I comment?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Oh, sorry. Go ahead, Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Glenn, may I comment?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sure, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you. I want to say that we need to make the ICANN meeting staff that it is compulsory to have another room. We have to explain even to the senior staff in ICANN that it will be [inaudible] for our social event if we do it in this room. We have to make them aware of it. I think we should have a solution. If we have people, we can change the configuration of the GAC room and do it there, and then put it again in its shape. It is possible, but if we need money [to last], if we need people to tell us we need a solution, it is not a choice. It is compulsory. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you, Tijani. I'm just reading Heidi's responses back, and she's agreeing that senior staff knows our desire. I think you speak with one

voice. I think you're speaking for all of us. We absolutely agree with you. I don't think anyone on this call would say, "We'd be happy with that room." We absolutely want a larger room. But as Eduardo has said, if that's all we have, we're stuck. But we want to emphasize to staff that if there's a room, we absolutely want it.

Okay, if we can put closure to that item for now, hopefully we'll have some good news later in the week.

Can I turn to Olivier to do a short update on sponsorship?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Glenn. Sponsorship. Now we happen to have very much change from the last time that we spoke. As you know, we've got sponsorship from Afilius. We've got sponsorship from PIR. We have sponsorship from Google. So the dinner on Saturday night is taken care of by Afilius. The lunch of Sunday is taken care of PIR, and part of the money from Google will be used to plug in the gaps here and there, but of course will be used primarily for the Fayre of Opportunities.

I'm still in discussions with a couple more organizations. I've had feedback from EURid – the EuropeanID.eu – who have said that unfortunately they've already allocated their funding to ICANN. But pretty much like Microsoft has also done that. They've also come back to me and said, sorry, they've allocated all their funds to ICANN.

Since announcing the At-Large Summit, I have received an e-mail from the people who have Dot-London as a client and who have said they might be interested in some sponsorship. So I sent them a little

package. That was just two days ago, and they said they will come back to me very soon. We might get a [inaudible] from them.

No response still from Facebook. No response for VeriSign – rather disappointing. But I have sent a few people to try to ask via different avenues to find out we're not getting responses at the moment.

That's all for the time being. Hence the reason we need to establish how much more budget we have and how much more we can fit in our budget so as to make the most of it.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. Thank you so much. Okay, let me move on to this. Any questions – sorry – to Olivier on sponsorship?

Okay, if we can move on. Again, we've dealt with budget and we dealt with the evening agenda already. I'd like to turn to, is there any other business? Anyone? Any other business?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Glenn, this is Heidi.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

So I'm just reading the chat and I see that Tijani is saying that if Monday is not possible to have another room, to move it to another day. I'm just

wondering if this group would agree to perhaps Tuesday. There's no music night that night. Monday is busy because it's a high-level meeting with having their big events – lots of cocktails are going on.

I have already spoken to Meetings Support about Fadi and Steve and they're aware of that. They have basically tentatively confirmed their station, but they wouldn't be staying more than 20 minutes or so. I don't know the schedule on Tuesday, but I just want to know if this is something that you would want to move in order to get the room of your choice.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Folks, if you'd like press the agree or disagree feature in Adobe, that would be very helpful. Okay, Eduardo, thank you so much, you voted already. Tijani, Maureen, okay, Dev. I've posted myself as well. Olivier has. Wolf has. It looks like we have consensus. That's great. So I guess Sunday or Tuesday might be two other alternative days.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No. Yes, Sunday there's lots of other meetings going on that night as well. So we could look into Tuesday if that's possible.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. That would be great. So you'll get back to us fairly soon on that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, we'll do that. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thank you so much. Thanks, Tijani, for being so insistent. Thank you for that suggestion.

Okay, I'd like to just open it again to –

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Heidi. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Thanks.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Heidi. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. All right, let's move on to other business. Anything else? I want to keep these meetings as tight and quick as possible, so if there's no one other, I just want to bring something up on the next meeting. I was asked by Eduardo to move the meetings to Friday due to the back-to-back meetings. For next week, it would have been scheduled for this time for the Thursday, but I believe there's interest to move it to, say, the Friday. Is there anyone we can change to the Friday, or leave it as it is? Any comments?

Okay, we're getting votes here. I'm not sure what people are voting on. So okay, please vote if you want to keep it for this time for next

Thursday. So I have no from Ali is – okay, Eduardo. So keep it on this timeline. So all we have is only two votes so far. We have Eduardo wants to keep it, and Ali says no. Olivier says no. Okay, so I need votes from the rest of the group. So to move it to Friday. So, Maureen, you want to keep it on Thursday. Sorry about this, folks. Okay, Tijani does not like to stay, either. So far, it looks like the majority is not by much, but Dev, can you vote? If you agree to Thursday, can you vote yes? If you don't, say no. Okay, Ali, no to moving. Okay, so Ali, no to moving. So you agree with it then.

Okay, it looks like we're getting deadlocked here. I'm not getting consensus to move it to the Friday, so I suggest we leave it for the time being on the Thursday if that's okay for everyone.

Any comments from anyone before we terminate the meeting? Yes, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry. Just with regards to next week, Eduardo and Olivier on this call, for this week we have the Organizing Committee call at 19:00 UTC. We had agreed on a rotating time to accommodate Cheryl, who very kindly does the calls at 2:00 a.m. her time. So this week we've got the Organizing Committee at 19:00 UTC, which gives an hour between the Fayre of Opportunities and the Organizing Committee.

However, next week I'm not sure that the Organizing Committee is going to agree on having the call at 16:00 [inaudible] 19:00 UTC. That will most likely be discussed in an hour's time when we have the Organizing Committee call. I think maybe after that, I can send you,

Olivier, and Eduardo a quick e-mail, and I'm always happy to follow up with a Doodle poll to see who prefers Thursday and who prefers Friday.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, that'd be great. Thank you, Gisella. Olivier, did you have a comment?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Glenn, but what Gisella just said actually has actually answered my comment. I was just confused about the question that was asked about how it's going it's going to be clear over the Doodle poll. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. And Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Glenn. Just to say that I really advise not to make them back-to-back because it will be a long meeting and the concentration will be very – the [inaudible] will not be good. That's it. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. And Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm easy with whatever day it is. I'm fine. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. Thank you all for your comments. Let's come up with the best solution. This is an example today. I've been going non-stop double meetings all day, so I'm more than happy to move it to Friday.

Okay, if everyone's good, we'll expect a Doodle. Thank you so much for setting that up, Gisella. Don't forget my last comment. If you have something from you're regional that you'd like to give away, if you can get some freebies, that'd be great. Everybody likes what they call in trade shows swag. So if you can get some free swag to give away, that'd be great for your table.

Okay, folks, thank you all for joining. We'll talk to you next week.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]