
TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon and welcome to the Fayre of Opportunities call on Thursday the 15th of May, 2014 at 17:00 UTC. On the call today we have Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Glenn McKnight, Maureen Hilyard, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Wolf Ludwig, and Pastor Peters.

From staff we have Ariel Liang, Carlos Reyes, Gisella Gruber [White?], Heidi Ullrich, and myself, Terri Agnew. And I, during the roll call, I did overlook Olivier Crépin-Leblond and Eduardo Diaz. So sorry about that. Please go ahead Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Thank you so much. Okay, so we don't have any other changes, just a quick update. We've been discussing a number of topics, there is a number outstanding issues. Hopefully we'll get some clarification today, outstanding issues such as the speaker, the room, some of the music to be supplied, and the end of the day is the sponsorship.

So I'd like to turn quickly, because we have shorter time than normal, to the first item. Heidi, did you want to, for the benefit for those who joined this call who are not on the last call, an update on the room? I'm going to jump to the room item first of all, if you don't mind, section number 12. You were talking about the room and it was, last time we had a discussion it was the GAC room, so perhaps Heidi, if you're there, can give us an update on the room.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. Thank you Glenn. This is Heidi for the record. Actually yeah, it was not going through the GAC room, I think that was one option. So right now, currently it's still in the Windsor, and again, there is continuing, there is concern about the size of that for the format that we're being asked for. Now there is some [?] that it might be to another room, but again, no decision can be made until the entire number of meetings, reservation forms for all of the ICANN meetings are submitted and reviewed by the meetings staff.

So the deadline for that was today, so I understand in the next week or so we'll have a better picture of the availability of a larger room for the Fayre.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Thank you so much. That's great. So, for the benefit for those who were not on the call before, there was a lot of discussion on the layout, especially the U-shape, given the number of people. It was suggested at the last meeting an alternative room. So, as Heidi says, we should have an update possibly today, so maybe on the next call we'll have that nailed down.

Thank you so much Heidi. Okay, since you're still on Heidi, a very important item, 4.1, is the speaker. So you've come up with some suggestions, and perhaps if you could post those into the center panel, or go ahead, hopefully everyone has seen those. Heidi has come up with some fantastic suggestions that are local, and I'm assuming they are free. So back to you Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Actually, let's see, Carlos, could you list the names? And Gisella, if you happen to have that email or the documentation of who those proposed keynote speakers are, I don't happen to have them on hand. Just as a point of clarification, those were a list of local speakers in the IPP area, based in London.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Right. I had that information. So there is no travel for them and the logistics will be easier. And sorry Heidi, who actually found those people?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think it was the [Addlemans?], it's a consulting, ICANN uses them and they're based in London. So let me just see if I can get that [?], unless somebody else on staff is faster.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: While you're looking that up, there was a discussion earlier on, for the benefit of people, Tim [Burnsley] was one of the ones suggested earlier. My conversation with Duncan revealed that this chap, A) he's not available, but secondly, his daily per diem rate is a little high. So, that would absolutely be out of the question. So we're looking for somebody, hopefully, that is free and that's inspirational and keeps it to the 15 minutes that we hope to have.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. So I have the names. If staff could post that PDF, that we sent... [?] certification that the request for Tim [Burnsley] was for pro bono.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Right, it was.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. So that the people that we are currently, you know, voting on, I think it's the PR group that is currently taking the survey, and if you're a member of that PR group, please do take that survey. The deadline is tomorrow and as of yesterday, there was only one person who voted. So we have [N. Hamesley], who is a journalist. I'm just going to say their names and their careers, their professions.

Chris [Fullman], who is head of digital products development at *The Times, The Sunday Times*. [?] who [?], he's an Internet entrepreneur, co-founder of last minute dot com. There is [?], a vice president of Facebook. Joanna Shields, chairman of Tech City and the UK's business ambassador for digital industry. Jerry [?], he's an entrepreneur, he is CEO, co-founder and CEO of a social media brand consultant agency.

So those are the choices. [?]

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. I'll turn it to the audience. Anybody have a strong opinion on any of those that are on the center panel? I know you probably didn't

have much of a chance to see their bios yet, but is there any opinion?
Okay, Olivier, go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Glenn. Martha Fox is known to be a very good speaker.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, Olivier, we're not hearing you. If you could speak louder.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Glenn. Martha Fox is known to be a very good speaker.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. I think all of them are fantastic, and Martha looks fantastic too. She looks like she has great profile, so this is... They all look very promising, for sure. Anyone else opinion on any of...? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, Heidi, it's the PR group that will decide on who the speaker will be, not us. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No. This is Heidi. So again, currently, Carlos has, at the request of Maureen [?], he sent a poll to the PR working group for who they would prefer among these people. And correct if me I'm wrong Carlos, but that survey ends tomorrow, so at that point we'll have the responses from the PR group.

And again, the PR group is charged with finding and approving the keynote speaker for the Fayre. So, again, those of you who are on the PR group, so you vote by tomorrow. Again, as of yesterday, there is only one person who voted. And once the person is approved by the PR group, then my understanding is that the ICANN communications team will work with [Adleman] on arranging the speaker.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. Eduardo and then Olivier again.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I just, just a word. I don't remember if I saw the poll, Carlos could you resend it to me? I'm not quite sure I voted or not. Thank you. That's all.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Olivier? He put his hand down. So thank you so much for that hard work getting those names, that would be great. Again, based on our agenda, I know Heidi and Olivier are going through the agenda for the presentation during the evening. Again, this is a fairly short presentation, and hopefully we'll be able to get together whoever is the speaker so they have a really good introduction of what the ALAC is.

Okay. So let's move to the next item in our agenda today. One sec. Okay, so the next item is 4.2, it's the RALO volunteers. So each of the RALO representatives can speak about their volunteers and how they're setting up their tables, if I could... First of all, I will speak on behalf of NARALO.

Judith [Hillerstein] is responsible for the NARALO display. She has updated the slideshow, we're just waiting for the new template for London to make the modifications. We've taken our original slideshow that we had in Toronto, shortened it down, adding pictures. So that will be on our table. We have also requested to staff for English, French, and Spanish new brochures with the right address as well.

And we've given feedback on our banner. So let me turn to each of the RALO representatives on the call. Okay, so Maureen, can you comment on your volunteer for the RALO table?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you Glenn. Actually, no I can't tell you much at the moment, but I do know, like Siranush and I have actually been having discussions, but we haven't specified anyone particular, it's probably us. We're currently organizing some, our presentations, but we're not as organized as you are at the moment, but we will be.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

I'm sure you will be. Thank you so much. Yeah, just gently poke or assign someone, Maureen, other than you and Siranush. I know you guys work really hard. So see if you can find someone else to be responsible for that, that would be great. So if I can turn to Wolf. Can you comment on the preparation of the RALO table for EURALO?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes. Wolf Ludwig for the record. This is done by the EURALO secretariat, which is [?], and she has taken over and I think she

coordinated the tape for the EURALO music, etc. And she will coordinate further efforts included at our next monthly call in May. And she may find some more volunteers for [?], but she is the contact [sponsor?].

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you. On our secretariat call tomorrow, I'll bring it up to her as well. Okay, Dev, I'm sure you're probably in the same boat with LACRALO, not to representative, but maybe you can comment.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: This is Dev. Well, I don't think, I'm getting back in touch with Alberto, because I really want to send [?] coordinated, because you can then, you know, call for people and so forth to help with material for the table and so forth. So, not prepared right now to [?]. I'll get back to you hopefully soon.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thank you so much. And lastly, Tijani. I think Tijani's, I believe he is muted. Yeah, if you can hear me Tijani... Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yeah, I hear you. Okay. So, for AFRALO, I think Aziz, the chair of AFRALO, will be the main player in that. Perhaps he will give this to one of his colleagues. But he did the work for Durban for Dakar, etc. I think he will continue, and he will prepare so the visual for that and the content for the table.

For the music, I think that Victor will be in charge of that and I think he delivered, I don't know if he delivered it already, but he's in charge of delivering you the music from Africa. I don't have details, but I will ask Aziz and make you know.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Perfect. Thank you so much. Just a comment on that. Yes, Victor did send me an email saying he will collect, except for Eduardo. Eduardo is actually doing what I've asked and that takes us to the next item which is item 4.3. People are suggesting their songs, but they're giving just a list, or they're giving me a link to YouTube. What Eduardo did is exactly what I asked for, is to upload the MP3 files.

We can't make a playlist from links to YouTube or just a list of songs. We actually need the songs in order to create the playlist. Now, in the case of APRALO, apparently Nancy has a play list that's been used, and I'm waiting for Nancy to get back to me on that actual play list. She has it as a MP3 file on a USB, so that could be locked in.

So what we have right now, we have the LACRALO complete soundtrack. Nancy has that soundtrack for us, and I'm asking the NARALO people to convert it to the MP3 file, and that would be try for Tijani, your area as well as Wolf's area. So I'll be talking on the secretariat call tomorrow. Okay. So, I've covered the next item on the music, and my uploads, and my instructions, and I'll reiterate that tomorrow.

On the next item is special ID. We've had a little bit of a discussion on that, but maybe we can open that again or put closure to it, whether

ribbon or some kind of identification for the Fayre of Opportunities. So I just want to turn it to the, sorry Maureen. Nancy is the staff person who met us at the Fayre of Opportunities meeting. I believe her last name is [?]. She apparently, Charlene [?] actually said she has the play list, and so I sent an email to her.

So back to the special ID. Heidi, you were talking about a special ID for the Fayre of Opportunities. Have we decided on something?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

This is Heidi. So, my understanding is that there was consideration of a pin, of a lapel pin, but now that has been, I thought that the general consensus was that it was not going ahead now, because we have other promotional items. Gisella, I think, just in terms of promotional items, we have a ribbon for everyone, for the participants, the lanyards for everyone, we'll have a special surprise for people as well.

So the mentoring program is going to be having a little smiley face stickers. So if you wanted to have a special sticker like that, but we've been using funds for other promotional items so it really isn't much for a lapel pin.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah. We don't want to be a walking advertisement either. Anyone else on that? I'm more than comfortable not have anything, but it was an item brought up by someone, I don't recall who brought it up, but if we are in consensus we can remove that from an action item in our list. Anyone else? One, two, three, last call, gone.

Okay, moving forward. Eduardo agreed. Okay. So moving on. We jumped in our queue earlier, but let's get back to 4.4, a staff update on food slash snacks for the event, and I assume to do with sponsorship as well. So do you have any update Heidi or Olivier on what will be served at the event? Go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So this is Gisella. She's our social person.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Hi Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hello. So I've been liaising with our meeting staff with regards to the catering, and it's looking very good. Well now the outline is a canapé package, so there will be four cold and three hot canapés per person. And we have a two hour, unlimited drink [?], which includes beer, red and white wine, sodas, and water, and juices.

And what I'm doing now is I'm working on the actual canapés to make sure that we've gotten an international selection to include [?]. And I will be able to get that to you probably by next week, just to make sure that everyone is happy with what we are proposing.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thank you so much. Can I just suggest to make sure that there is proper signage, so the last thing that we want is somebody having some food which they think is vegetarian or Halal and it's not. We don't want to upset anyone at all.

GISELLA GRUBER: Glenn, Gisella here. It's so funny that you should say that because I've gotten a number here for the [?] catering manager, and I'm just saying, including Halal and please to make sure that we've actually gotten little signs on it. I'm asking if we're doing Kosher food, I'm not sure if they're actually providing that, but that is also one of the questions.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Great. Thank you so much. Yeah, it's not going to be a big spread, but they'll have some alcohol or non-alcohol, depends on their predilection, but they'll be a great appetizer. So that's great. So they'll be floating around. Do they need a sign space? I assume in our layout, we need a couple of bar locations to specify in our room layouts I take it.

GISELLA GRUBER: Gisella here again. I'll concern how many bar stations they need, with such a large number of people they may need two. But one of the questions was, would you prefer a buffet setup or would you prefer a tray service? Now my thinking behind this is tray service, A) it takes up less space, and B) people won't actually just congregate around the food table, but they'll be able to circulate around the RALO tables.

And for the bars, there will also be service for the two hours of the Fayre.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Oh, excellent. Tijani, you wanted to say something?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes please. It will not be about food. We spoke at the beginning of our work, about screens for each RALO, to project visuals. And we didn't speak about that later, so I don't know what is the preparation for that.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Yeah, let's put that on the agenda, 4.9. So do you have a comment on the food or snacks?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Tijani, please hold that thought and we'll get right back to it. 4.5, thank you Gisella, if there is no more questions on food and snacks. 4.5, we covered that already. We'll have an update on our next meeting. Olivier, if you're there, could you give us an update on the sponsorship?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Glenn. It's Olivier speaking. So sponsorship at the moment, we've got the dinner by Affilias, which is sponsored by Affilias,

which will happen in a pub on the Friday night, sorry, on the Saturday night. Then on the Sunday lunch, we have a lunch that is sponsored by PIR, that will take us to the other Hilton hotel, just down the road, the Hilton Paddington.

Then we have sponsorship of \$10,000 from Google so far, who has given us the chance of allocating it on anything that we want to allocate it on. Some of it will be allocating to the Fayre, etc. As far as the other sponsors are concerned, or the other sponsors we've spoken to are concerned, VeriSign had said they want to sponsor, but they've been silent for the past month, which is strange.

Facebook has also said, "Yes, we absolutely want to sponsor you." But they've been silent for the past month. And as far as other potential sponsorships are concerned, Microsoft has come back and said, "No, we cannot talk to you because we're sponsoring the ICANN meeting." However, when I asked whether they could allocate some of that money, or asked for ICANN to allocate some of that money to ATLAS II, they've come back and said they don't usually do that.

So it would really be up to us if we wanted to ask ICANN to get a small chunk or a small piece of that of the sponsorship that Microsoft has brought forward. But that's the thing with sponsorship at the moment. A couple of more sponsors I've gotten in touch with, [?] the people who run dot EU, they've not come back to us yet.

It is very late now to try and get some new sponsors from scratch. And we're just working with Gisella at the moment to see if we can balance

the books from the amount of sponsorship we've had so far, and the event that we're having. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great. Thank you so much. Okay, so in that case, item 4.7, Olivier, if we can just update that budget line items in item 17, if that's possible. Now, one of the items, and I've posted this twice, I'm not sure what's happened to it, is 4.8, the zero one eight evening agenda. Now I understand Heidi and Olivier, you guys have been going over how you would like to do the flow of the evening. Olivier, can I turn it back to you?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Takes me a little to unmute. Sorry, the evening, which evening would that be?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Olivier, if I could, and Gisella is actually going to lead this if you don't mind.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yeah, that's probably better.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

So we're going to just, she's prepared a draft, what we call a script, and this is something that we use in all of the organizers, including most of

you, all of you on the call will be given this script prior to the start of the Fayre, so you'll see exactly what goes when.

And this is needed by, if we're going to use the AV system, or we're going to use songs, etc. so they need to know exactly what's going on when. So this is, just to develop this and we'll see, being uploaded. So if we could [?] today, please. Gisella, I'm going to hand the floor over to you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Heidi, I'm sorry, I'm just uploading it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And if I could [?]... This is Heidi again. One issue is when do we wish to have the interpretation. If we have the interpretation at the beginning for the keynote speaker, then we can let them go, because I don't think we need interpretation for the entire two hour event, when most of it is going to be networking and just talking between each other.

If you could get confirmation of that please.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm so sorry. I'm uploading the document, I'm not sure what's happening here. I'm just going to get a copy over to Terri so that she can see if she can get it on from her side. Apologies.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: This is Glenn for the record. This is like watching paint dry, it's a bit challenging. But for the benefit of everyone, the idea of this is that everyone knows the program, so that we know when we start, how long they're starting, so that, not only because, but we make sure we're thanking everyone appropriately, like Heidi says, appropriate translation is done.

So while we wait for this, Heidi, did you want to add anything else to that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just Gisella, if you have that [?] in front of you, did you just want to start talking through it, and allow Terri some time to get that into this thing?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, yes, please. Sorry, I've got the copy in front of me. Now, [?]... Now just with regards to the start time, it is 18:30, correct? Because on the Fayre of Opportunities page, it's currently written 18:00, but I think that was just a draft that Glenn did initially.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It is 18:30. In fact, it is my understanding that if a larger room is available a little bit after, perhaps at 19:00, that we'll start at 19:00. So we'll be flexible there. And this is Heidi for the record.

GISELLA GRUBER: Wonderful. But that was the first one. Then with that, Heidi explained, [?] another five minutes to the tech staff, and [?] everyone else, and organizing committees aware of what's happening...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, sorry to interrupt. You're breaking up slightly. Could you [CROSSTALK]...

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Is that better Heidi?

UNIDENTIFIED: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry about that. I'm just some technical issues here, there we go. So, as it... Sorry, let me just get back to the... We need to have a very detailed script for staff, for us main staff and as well as for the organizing committee of the Fayre. And what then I suggest is that we then just use a very simplified version as the [?] on the actual wiki page of the Fayre.

My thinking was that if we have an 8:30 start, do we start about, sorry, 6:30 start, do we start it about 6:25 with the background music playing? Question to you is, does the background music play for the whole hour

that we have socializing? And Glenn, I just took this from the agenda on the wiki page.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yup, it's just a draft agenda, so the community needs to decide on that.

[CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: ...and my concern here, sorry Gisella, is if we have socializing to begin with, what do we do with the interpreters? Do we ask them to come back? You know, that's possible. They can go have dinner and then come back, but we just need to have a specific timeslot, maybe 30 minutes for the interpretation and the key note speaking is going on. Gisella, sorry to interrupt.

GISELLA GRUBER: [?] Heidi. I'll just get my... I'm just still trying to get it here... Then we've got the 18:30 to 19:30, the socializing. What I put in one of the columns there was RALO leaders to encourage networking and cross-RALO interaction. We're going to have the different tables for each RALO, and I just think it's important that we've got some key [?] to make sure that people don't have altogether and stay within their region and language, but we don't have a language barrier as well.

Not mentors, but people who would be assigned to assist with this.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, you're asking, this is Heidi. So you're asking who is going to be helping...?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, sorry, yes. Is that something that sounds reasonable?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. If I can speak just in the past, the members of the organizing committee are doing that, but obviously, those three [?], that's Anthony [?], Camilla [? And ?], would be fantastic as well.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. And also with regards to the one hour socializing that we have from 18:30 to 19:30, this is a time when the food will also be served as well as the drinks, as I said, a two hour continued open bar. Then from the agenda, what I've taken is at 19:30, we have welcome and introductions led by Olivier.

My comment on this is what time would we like the Board to be there? And whether it, I'll start inviting the Board there. Comments?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Tijani has got a response. Go ahead Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, thank you. I think that the Board should be invited by Olivier. Perhaps through you, sure, but it will be Olivier. When I think it is, I think it will be at the beginning, and that's all.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Tijani, Gisella here. So you would like them there at 18:30 for the socializing? I'm just not sure we're going to be able to capture their attention for two hours. So maybe if we get them to be there halfway through the socializing and before we start the official side of the Fayre.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm just trying to be realistic with their availability. Gisella here, sorry. Gisella again. Is Fadi invited? And is...? Perhaps he's going to be able to have two hours after his time. Comments?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: The silence is golden. Looks like I'm not getting any comments in the chat, and I think Dev is typing something. But I think you're right, Gisella. It's unrealistic to expect the Board, and the chair, and the CEO to be there for two hours. We have to have a realistic time.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. Gisella here. This is something that can obviously be taken on to the mailing list. I'm terribly sorry that you're not able to see what I'm

looking at. But it's just that from there, we can work on getting the Board there, getting Fadi there, the welcome and introductions is 19:30, Olivier. And that includes an overview of the ALAC and an invitation to RALO tables.

Again, I've taken what you've had on your agenda on the wiki page. Then I have a 15 minute slot for special speaker, to be confirmed, and then I have a five minute slot for a thank you to the speaker, to be confirmed. Would Olivier be taking that over as well? And then 25 minutes, the last 25 minutes open to socializing again.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Olivier has a comment.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Glenn, it's Olivier speaking. Gisella, it looks like you're having problems in uploading this. Do you [?] a copy of Fayre script [?] docx. Is this what you would like to put in there? Because if that's the case, I can try and upload it onto the...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually Olivier, before you do that, Terri, could you give us an update of where you are with that? Are you having difficulties as well?

TERRI AGNEW: Yes. I believe Gisella and I were both trying to get it uploaded at the same time, so we were fighting for control. But I just got control so give me one moment, I have it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: You win. [Laughter]

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Wolf has to leave. Thanks for joining us Wolf. Okay, while that's coming up. Yeah, Gisella, feel free to add that to the agenda, that's strictly a draft and the changes that you're making are really good. I think you're thinking of the logistical ideas, i.e., translators, when should the Board come, when they should leave.

But as Maureen said in the chat, she feels that the Board in, was very participatory in our RALO showcases in the past. So I think it's a great opportunity, they're welcome to stay the two hours, they don't have to but it would be great for them to visit each of the tables. So, we'd be happy to have everyone there.

GISELLA GRUBER: I fully agree, sorry Glenn. I fully agree. What I would like to do then is possibly liaise with Board support staff and just to say, "This is our program, and we really appreciate if they were there from this time to that time." And then at least we've got them there for the main chunk, if that is the introduction by Olivier, that is the second part. Actually we want them to mingle, but we've got the half an hour socializing.

What I will also get before the next call is an idea of their schedule on the Monday evening.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Great. Thank you. Heidi wants to say something, I think. Go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you Glenn, you read my mind. Yeah, I think the question of whether Fadi and Steve Crocker should still be given short speaking slots, not to push that but I think that would be a really nice thought to invite them just to say a few words on the Fayre and the ATLAS itself, and perhaps it might be a [?], you could just acknowledge the effort that they've made, that that happen.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you, Heidi. It's a great suggestion. I think our discussion in the past has really been cautionary. Unfortunately, Wolf has left but I do believe Wolf is the most adamant on that, is not to make a whole evening of speeches. So I'm more than happy to see Fadi and Steve speak, but I think the idea is, well wishes is fairly short presentations.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, okay, this is Heidi. I can instruct that to the people that organize their time.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you so much. Okay. So that's great. Hey, I see an agenda. It's on the screen. So everybody can see that now. Wow. Thank you so much Terri or Gisella, whoever got that up there. [CROSSTALK], wow. That's not cheap in London, hey? That's based on 180 persons. Is that what we're expecting or more?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella? I can respond to that if you would like me to. Go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, that's [?]

HEIDI ULLRICH: So right now we have, the figures we've heard from Carlos I believe is 154, so including the Board, other people that we're expecting, I think we're going to have around 180, maybe a little bit more. But as you experience that at other previous ICANN meetings, the canapés are very generous in terms of quantities, so there is really, there will be a lot less. Even if we order 480, that will serve 200 people very, very easily.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you so much. Any other comments on the agenda from anyone that's still here? Are numbers are dwindling as the hour goes. Okay. If there are no more comments, I know that we're sensitive to time and that's great. Thank you so much Gisella for working on that agenda, and we have to make sure that we'll do modifications adding Steve and Fadi into the agenda.

One of the comments in the, Gisella, involving MIC and not a lectern. I think that's a great idea, we can have a cordless MIC. Yes, Gisella, it's a draft, thank you. Tijani was here, okay, I believe our next item is 4.9, and then the last item I want to confirm is the dates. So Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Just to Gisella, please send this program on the email list. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. So, the additional item that is not on the list, that changed the agenda, was an item that Tijani brought up, 4.9, is what's on the table and projectors. One of the things that we did have a request was larger DVD screens so that with, that we can plug in a USB or connect to a laptop for the slide show. Just want to make sure for logistics, whoever is taking care of that, not only the tables but the right color tablecloths for regions as well as that television and power, that would be great.

Heidi, who is responsible for that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Gisella will do all of that. So, I'm just getting her notes... I do remember the request for a large screen TV for the tables. [?] the tablecloth, is that something that the region could organize? Or did you want staff to get those tablecloths?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

You know, I think the region should bring their own. I think they can bring some artifacts. They can bring, I'll take care of bringing the gold one, yellow one, for our region. If each of the volunteer secretariats can do that, I think and dress up our tables, we should be responsible for the table except the large TV. We should...

I think we should, even if there is some little artifacts from the region as well. Even if they want to give a little giveaway, would be great. [CROSSTALK] Sorry, what is the size of the tables? Actually, I'm not sure. I think they're probably just the standard banquet sized elongated tables, three by six or eight feet, I assume.

That's the size... It's not going to be huge, huge tables. Enough to have some literature and the 30 inch screen on the one corner. Gisella, do you have an update on that?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Glenn, yes. The rooms have not been confirmed as the meeting forms are in progress. So once that has been committed, we will have a final on the meeting room. And I think then we will take it from there, with meetings team on the logistics and the size of the tables, and also whether we can then send out a final drawing of the meeting room, on exactly what it's going to look like.

How many chairs are going to be left, where the U-shape is going to be placed, where the five RALO tables are going to be placed, and where the catering tables are going to be placed as well. And I think, as I said, we can only have that information once we know the final on the room.

Can I just have confirmation that each RALO table would like a flat screen?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. Gisella again. And that they will be running, whatever they're going to be showing on the plasma screen from a computer that is theirs, or how are we going to be doing that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: The most new smart televisions will have an USB connection, so all they have to do is bring a PDF version on an USB. If they haven't figured that out, they can always connect their laptops, but ideally I would just like to see them bring their USB with their slideshow on it. And it could be a collection of photos, as well as a small slideshow, and it should be on self-rotation.

GISELLA GRUBER: I see. Gisella here. Yeah, I will make sure that we get confirmation that the TVs have USB connections, that's the most important.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Go ahead Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you, this is Heidi. One additional thought was, as some of you may have already been reached out to by [?] for the [?] video. All RALOs have been, all of the ALSs within the RALOs have been asked to provide Skype videos. The numbers are not quite where we would like them to be, but those that have been taken, I believe they're around 70 or so, would you like those videos to be available?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. If we can put them on an USB as well, but they should be separated based on the region. So if you have those available and they're from, even it's a selection of say five for a region, and they can be on an USB, we can run those as well. It's a two hour night, why not run the videos as well?

In fact, maybe it's the first time some people have seen the video. It's a great idea.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you, this is Heidi again. So again, you would like to have the Skype videos provided by the RALO, and then those given to the RALO tables.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, that's correct.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Because another option was to select maybe just to do a two minute show of various clips from all of the RALOs Skype videos together. The communications team at ICANN to produce, and that will be shown then during the speaking bit. Did you want that or is that overkill?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm a little cautious of that, but I'll turn to the group. I believe, Tijani go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. I think that the video has to be given to the RALO leadership, so that they will compile a video sequence that will be used for the screen. The proposal of Heidi, looks good but as Glenn said, we have to be cautious. Heidi, I know that the quality of the video is not good. The lightening is not sufficient, because it is made through the Skype, so through the web com, with the laptop.

And I know that the lightening is not good, so the quality of the video is not that good. And the most important thing of the video is what is said, and the huge event like this, I don't think that people will listen to what is said. So this is my concern. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Any other comments? Okay. The last thing I want to turn to is the agenda items, I put suggested times. I'm suggesting, if it's convenient for staff, to do exactly what we did today. Start with the ATLAS, go right into the Fayre of Opportunities, every week going up. If

that's okay with everyone, if you can make it, great. If you can't, I understand.

But if that's okay with everybody, those dates and we can set the schedule. Any other comments on that? Okay. Anyone else?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I have a comment, it's Eduardo.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, go ahead.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Just the night, the [?] June 19 is, I don't think that's a very good time for a meeting. I mean, most people will be travelling at that time.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Thank you so much.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I would stop at June 12th, and you know, do whatever through email. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. If everyone is okay with that, we can cancel the 19th meeting. But I would like to meet before the Fayre, whether it's the Saturday or Friday night, Saturday or Sunday evening, just to meet with interested

parties to make sure everything is organized. [CROSSTALK] ...face to face prior to the showcase.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, Gisella, could you comment on how that normally works, on the ground.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sorry?

GISELLA GRUBER: Absolutely, thank you. Gisella here for the record. Sorry, Glenn. With regards to, this isn't the showcase, but with regards to the showcases that we've done previously, we will choose a date and a time for all of those in the organizing committee to get together, and we run through the evening with meeting staff. So we go through the, this is why we need the script.

And the meeting department, as well as the tech department, will need the script for the evening, and we just run through the Fayre, for this time around, the Fayre of Opportunities. And we just run through it on a date and time chosen by all. And then we can always fine tune it if anything needs to be done.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Excellent. Thank you so much. If that's it everyone, I'm sure you're pretty tired for two hours in a row. Heidi anything else? You're just waiting for me typing something. But if no one else has anything to

say, I would like to... Oh, sorry. One last person, Tijani, did you have something to say?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. You proposed that we do the ATLAS and then the Fayre. It will be too long, I think, as you today, it was a very long call. So if we manage to make them shorter, it would be okay. But for two very long hours, it would be, I think, difficult to pull off. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay. Thank you so much. For the record, this was about 40 minutes long because we had spillage from the first meeting. The first meeting went on for an hour and 20 minutes. So this one was pretty good. I think it was fairly, like Heidi says, it was fairly productive. I think we covered a lot of material.

Thank you so much everybody for being so patient. Okay, if that's it everyone, we've got some work to do and we'll see you next week. Thank you so much.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]