
WOLF LUDWIG: Welcome, everybody, for this regional secretariats call, what I guess will be one of the last before our next big meeting in ICANN 50 in London. Let's start today's meeting with the roll call by staff.

TERRI AGNEW: Thank you. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the At-Large Regional Secretaries meeting on Friday the 16th of May, 2014 at 14:00 UTC. On the call today we have Pavan Budhrani, Glenn McKnight, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Philip Johnson, Yuliya Morenets, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Maureen Hilyard, and Siranush Vardanyan.

We have no apologies today. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, Arial Liang, and myself, Terri Agnew.

I would also like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much, and back over to you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Thanks a lot for this roll call. Let me go over to Agenda Item 2, what is approval of the agenda proposed by the Chair. In this case, it was me. I had a discussion with Silvia on the agenda item, so this is our proposal. Is there anything you would like to add to the agenda or you would like to drop from the agenda?

I see Glenn's hand raised. Please, Glenn, you have the floor.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Thank you so much, Chair. Could you please add? I'd like to have a request to the secretariats on the Fayre of Opportunities. I just need about five minutes.

WOLF LUDWIG: Well, could we put this under point four? It's upcoming ATLAS II preparations.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Absolutely. Thank you so much. That will be fine.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. But five minutes, maximum. Otherwise, we won't make it for the whole agenda for today.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Then I will do it in two minutes.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Try to be as quick as possible. Okay, thanks a lot for this amendment for today's agenda. If there are no more suggestions, I consider the agenda for today's call as approved and I will try to go over to Agenda Item 3, what is review of RALOs for the procedures amendments, to make them consistent with ALAC [inaudible]. And I

think Silvia has followed up on this and Silvia will give us a short summary of this.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. Hello, everyone. Well, yes. This is an idea that we had with Wolf to start a discussion on whether each RALO needs to review its old procedures. As you know, the ALAC approved recently a new regulation. In some cases, the RALOs have seen that they have some problems in the day-to-day activities, in the [inaudible], decisions, elections and they are already reviewing some of them – some of these procedures which are, in some cases, quite old. They have been drafted a few years ago.

For example, APRALO recently before Singapore conducted a review on [inaudible] and now they accept [inaudible] members. And they also changed some provisions [inaudible] related to quorum and decisions. LACRALO also did a review on the rules they have in order to update the decisions [inaudible], etc.

So I know that in the case of NARALO, there was a review not too long ago, some amendments, that we were wondering if we need to have a recurring call or to have some sort of concerted effort to make sure that each RALO has procedures that are up to date and they are consistent with the new ALAC Rules of Procedures.

So that's basically the idea of this issue. So please, if you want to make some comment about it, you can.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks for this input, Silvia. Before I open the discussion, just a very quick comment from our side from EURALO: as a matter of fact, we don't even have the Rules of Procedures; we have two basically [key documents] which are the EURALO bylaws and we have a memorandum of understanding signed [with] ICANN early 2007. And for the rest, we tried to orientate ourselves at ALAC [inaudible].

So if the ALAC Rules of Procedures are updated by now, it gives us basis to further refer to it and there is no need here in our region to do anything in this direction. This is just a short introductory comment remark from my side, but I will open the floor for comments or questions from other regions. Please, if you want to comment on this from your side on what Silvia has just explained.

I see a comment from Maureen in the chat: "APRALO's Rules of Procedures are very much related to ALAC so that there is consistency with ALAC [rules] who are specific for our region." Okay, this was supported by Siranush. I see there's a hand raised from Philip. Please, Philip, you have the floor. Philip? Can you hear? Are you muted? Hello? He doesn't respond so I don't know why, whether he's muted.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

He's writing. Maybe Terri or Gisella can find out what's going on.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay.

TERRI AGNEW: Yes, I'm chatting him now.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. If he is not on Adigo or whatever, he should write his comment in the chat that I can read it down. I see no response from him.

TERRI AGNEW: It'll be one moment and I believe we may be able to get his mic activated.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. We wait. Waiting for Philip, I give the floor to Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you, Chair. I don't have a comment right now but I do want to talk to Alan Greenberg, who is our resident expert on the procedures. But I will review it and I'll ask Alan for comment. Silvia, I'll send my comments and cc the group, as well.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Great, thank you. I just want to make a comment that in some cases, like EURALO, the RALO may feel that they are [inaudible] to make a new [amendment]. That is just fine. But it's important to make sure that there are no contradictions between the ALAC rules and the specific RALO rules.

In some cases, in some RALOs, they need to be more specific about certain situations like quorum, elections, decisions, etc. In those cases, LACRALO, for example, needs to be very specific, go into every detail. They need to regulate everything because it's [inaudible] tradition in the region to have very specific regulation. It depends on the region, on the country, that are [relegated by this]. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay, thanks for this further elaboration on the situation at LACRALO. As a general conclusion, I would say even if there are contradictions between the updated ALAC Rules of Procedure and a regional version of it, in my opinion it would be similar to international law. ALAC Rules of Procedure will always be superior or will beat any national regulation in cases there will be a contradiction. I think for the time being, we can simply say that the new ALAC Rules of Procedures the binding, are the basic document and RALOs have to try to catch up with this.

Are there any further questions or comments on this point, on this agenda item? I see no hand raised for the moment. Then I think everything is understood, that there is some need to follow-up on LACRALO level. For the others, I think we are fine.

Let me turn over to Agenda Item 4, what is now upcoming ATLAS II preparations, expectations, actual results, and follow-up activities. As you may know that in the intensive discussions and preparations, there are several calls every week. I will give the floor to Olivier to present us a summary on the present state of [inaudible]. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. ATLAS II is just around the corner. It's less than 40 days until we all meet in London. There's been an enormous amount of activity since the past few months, should I say.

Essentially, what you're seeing on the Adobe Connect is the At-Large Summit II home, which is the front page, for the time being, our ALSes to be able access all of the different parts of ATLAS II, starting from the actual agendas over to the thematic groups and, of course, there's plenty of coordination going on on that.

Then of course, the Capacity Building Program, which we have started a few months ago – well, a month and a half ago – and which has been rather well-attended so far. Relatively, [inaudible], in that there were about 30-35 people during each one of the webinars. [They] have been very helpful, I think. I hope that there are some ALSes also downloading the different [inaudible] and listening to the recording afterwards because there's been some very, very good work done in those.

Looking further down the page, you've got the actions and outputs. That will be of course filled in when the work takes place in London as time goes.

Then there are questions for At-Large meetings. This is a little bit like the usual meeting page that we have, where we ask people to type their questions for the Board and their questions for the GAC and their questions for the Global Stakeholder Engagement.

The schedule of the week is dramatically changed but we will still have a couple of sessions of the ALAC with ALAC work and a meeting with the ICANN Board. It hasn't been confirmed yet but we should be meeting with the GAC as well. There will also be a meeting with the Global Stakeholder Engagement Team, so Sally Costerton and her team. That's why we need the questions to be filled on there.

There's a public forum that's going to be dramatically – well, not dramatically but shortened somehow on the Thursday. The scheduling on Thursday has been changed recently due to the addition of a session of the IANA contract. I think that the latest version of the schedule is going to be somewhere. I'm not quite sure how. It's not linked to the page but [inaudible] it's still under work. But it's all coming together quite well.

One thing to mention is, of course, the newsletter. The first newsletter was created and a copy of it was sent over to people via mailing list using a system called MailChimp. The first newsletter is out. The next one is going to be out later on this week. That will have more interviews and more news and so on.

When one looks at it, at the moment, I think that our ALSes are well-informed about what is coming up. How much time they spend on this is a different thing because, as I said, we've seen 30 to 35 ALSes per capacity building conference call. I'm a little concerned about this because we do have 150 ALSes.

Now, that said, there are also some At-Large Structure representatives who are very knowledgeable about things. They probably wouldn't need to be at the [inaudible] in the capacity building.

But that's the update so far. There are other people who are on the call [inaudible] here who would probably be able to fill in on a few more things. I appeal to them to fill everyone in on what's remaining.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Thanks a lot, Olivier, for this summary on the progress of ATLAS II preparation. Are there any questions or comments from your side?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: From my side?

WOLF LUDWIG: I see Glenn's hand raised. Yes, Glenn, go ahead. You have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Hi, Olivier. Quick question: in our call earlier this week, we talked about the PR people deciding on the speaker at the Fayre. I'm just curious if that decision and everyone voted. I thought there was quite a tight timeline. Do you have an update on that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Glenn. As far as I understand, the deadline for that call is going to be tonight UTC time. There's still a few hours

remaining. I haven't got access to the results so far. I don't know if any staff has the ability to have a look if there's been more people voting on this poll.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, please, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, I'm just [inaudible]. When I get the response, I'll put it into the chat.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you, Heidi. Just to explain to everyone, we have tried a number of speakers. We lost a number of speakers and so far we've only received negative answers and that they've not been able to make it. They will be elsewhere. We did ask Vint Cerf to come speak to us and possibly he will be stuck in western United States. But what he has done is to send a video message that we will be able to play during the At-Large Fayre.

But with regards to other speakers, we have a list of six or seven potential speakers that could be made available in London. The group has voted on who should be [inaudible]. I think that the group with the, is it the PR group? I don't even know who the electorate for that was – if you can call that an electorate of some sort.

Only three votes on the keynote speaker poll so far. Okay, so, Wolf is one of them. I'm another one of them. Then there'll be a third person, then [inaudible] has still voted. That's really fantastic. Go ahead, Heidi.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's not entirely as grim as that seems. [inaudible] has just sent an e-mail that actually there's some e-mails that came in overnight in the U.S. that we have not yet processed. There may be just a few more; but yeah, not so many yet.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Heidi, I was going to suggest in the interest of, at the end of the day, bottom-up and so on, rather than resort to whoever is able to vote on this, why don't we just open this? This is just a quick idea. Now, why don't we open this to the people who are on this call here? Because ultimately, we have to serve the RALOs. I think it would be a good idea for the people on this call, the RALO secretariats, to choose who they want. If we don't get enough votes from the committee that's supposed to be dealing with this, then I'm all for opening the vote to everyone else.

WOLF LUDWIG: Let me just quickly comment that I support this motion from Olivier. I seen the comment from Glenn who said: "I have not received the poll."

The poll was sent around yesterday afternoon my time. I voted in the evening. If there have not been much and furious response from the PR Group, I think it's a very good idea to open it to the Secretariat Group.

If staff could forward this again to this group and, let's say, would it be enough to have a deadline until Sunday to make up your mind among the candidates and to send staff your preference that we can finalize this issue by the beginning of next week? Can this be agreed? I see one more approval from Glenn and no disagreement. Humberto said he voted, as well, so we know who are the three now who voted already. I hope we will have a clear majority. Okay, Maureen's just saying: "I didn't get one, either." I seen this is mentioned already under the action items.

If there is no further question on this or further comment on this, let me continue with our agenda and go over to sub-point 4.1, what will be Glenn on the Fayre of Opportunities. Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Great, thank you, Chair. I just posted in the box here I will not be speaking for five minutes. I will speak for two. The first thing I need for the secretariats is to prompt who's responsible for your region for the playlist. The music has to be uploaded to the link I just provided in MP3 format. Some people are just giving links to YouTube or just a list of the songs. That doesn't help us to pass a USB to the sound people for the playlist. Please upload your music.

I understand that, through CLO, Nancy Lupino had a playlist that was used. I think Maureen mentioned that to me, as well. If we can get

access to that, CLO said that that was a great playlist for APRALO. Also, Victor is the allocation for AFRALO but I haven't seen anything from him, either. Eduardo has been perfect: he's provided his music; he's uploaded to the exact site. That's number one.

Number two: we discussed the Fayre this week, as well. I would like to ask the secretariats to find someone, assign someone to bring a tablecloth with your colors of your region for the table. If you can get any giveaways or anything that you would like to have on your table. You'll have your banner and your literature, I'm sure. But we'll have a television on your television. If you can update your slideshow – it could be pictures, it could be whatever you want of your RALO. In my case, Judith has updated our slideshow. This slideshow has actually been shortened down to 20 slides. That will be rotated on the USB on the television as well.

If there's any questions, I'll be happy to take it. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Any questions?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I think Siranush [inaudible] has a question, if everyone will have a TV opportunity she says.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm not sure what Siranush means by that but, Siranush, what do you mean by TV opportunity? Yeah, sure, if you'd like to put on your small

TV or your small little interview; it's up to you guys what you would like to put on your TV. Could be a slideshow, could be a collection of pictures. But if you guys don't have pictures, I'm happy to share you with the links so you can grab the pictures I've taken over the last couple years.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks for these explanations, Glenn and questions by Siranush raised. Otherwise from our side, I think the playlist for the music was submitted by Yuliya. I just had a quick look on it. It looks fine to me, even if it's a bit Latin-oriented with a lot of songs from Catalan, from the Iberian side and some more from [inaudible] the French background. But I'm fine with this.

I seen there are some playlists from other regions still missing. Let me suggest to sort it out directly bilaterally between Glenn and the people in charge at each region. Are there any further comments, questions on this agenda item, on the presentation of RALOs at the five tables at the Fayre of Opportunities? There was one last comment by Glenn. I think we should put it under the action items under 6.4, what is each RALO to bring a tablecloth with them in the regional color. Then to put the material on the TV as a special wish from Siranush, etc., or whatever you like.

Here I've seen the suggested keynote speakers for the Fayre of Opportunities, referring to our last point here in the Adobe Connect with photos and short bios and this will be circulated, again, as it was said under action items to, poll to select the keynote speakers to be

open to the RALO secretariats until Sunday 18 May. These are the people suggested so have a look on them and make your choice. Let At-Large, then, know your particular preference.

If there are no questions or further comments on Agenda Item 4, let me continue on our today's agenda with point five, what is a CROPP Program, lessons learned, feedback [inaudible]. As Dev is on the call, I would like to [inaudible] over to Dev. Dev, please. You have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Hope everyone is hearing me. Okay, so as many of you know, the ICANN set up a Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program called CROPP in which of the five RALOs can apply for funding for up to five regional trips. We have a CROPP Review Team and I believe the link, I see it's up in the [inaudible] there, showing the members of the CROPP Review Team which are comprised of two members of each of the five regions. These are also the top CROPP coordinators that will actually file on behalf of the RALO on the ICANN Wiki when the trip is approved.

A CROPP Review Team was set up to review the CROPP request once it was submitted. What we had to do was because there was no mechanism within ICANN, we had to create our own form – which we did using Google Docs – to collect the information so that when it was received, it would then be forwarded to the CROPP Review Team mailing list where the discussions can take place, suggestions, questions could be raised about this proposal.

Then once the proposals were approved by the CROPP Review Team, then the CROPP Review Team members from the region would then

contact the regional vice president to get his or her approval. Once they have that approval, then file it onto the CROPP Wiki. [inaudible]

I'm just going to post the link to the proposal that have been submitted so far. AFRALO has submitted travel for two person; APRALO for two persons. EURALO has used all five of their travel spots for [EuroDay]. LACRALO has also proposed using all five of its slots. NARALO has used four of the five travel slots. You can go to each of those proposals from that Wiki page there to see the actual proposal. I believe only one or two have [inaudible] [only actually] taken place. One from NARALO, which was in January, I believe.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Dev, I think two. I think Glenn, maybe you can confirm that. But I believe you went to D.C. as well as another event in the Midwest?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah, what we did is we proposed a number of them but one is the ADA Conference and the Symposium in Denver. But they wanted \$800 for registration fees so we withdraw that. But I went to the NTEN session with Evan in Washington. That's when we met with ICANN staff, as well, and ISOC. Also I went to the ARIN event in Chicago. Louis Houle will be at the [iTripoli] IHTC in early June. The last one that we were proposing, there was earlier ones we wanted to go but we didn't have time because of the eight-week issue was Evan wanted to go the CES Show. But the last one we put in was [Kanikas] from ISOC Bay Area with the IETF. But that's in July so we got right back to him that it was beyond the timeline.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes, so yes, [inaudible], Glenn. Yes, the NARALO trips was in April and in May. I've got them mentioned.

The CROPP Pilot Program is ending June. But it has been renewed in FY15 budget. What ICANN is planning to do is create a new Wiki space for FY15 (financial year '15). Once that is set up, we'll get an announcement about that and then re-launch the announcement for CROPP for travels proposals to take place during the financial year '15.

In fact, I will [inaudible] having a conference call with the CROPP administrators from ICANN to look at how we could streamline the process. Because we have to create our own evaluation system, creating a Google doc and so forth, I think what the CROPP administrators are looking to have that all done on the Wiki on their side. There will be that. The proposals [inaudible] will be filed as a draft proposal on their Wiki. Then, if [you could then] comment on it. Then it moves, once it's approved by the CROPP Review Team, it will then be moved to the approved travel proposals.

Some of the challenges [inaudible] in CROPP have been the timing of it. As Siranush has mentioned, for APRALO it was very difficult to find a suitable opportunity for outreach during the time period. But with the extension of FY15, I believe proposals can be made from the July to September period. I'm hoping to get the announcement soon from the CROPP administrators at ICANN [inaudible] the exact timing.

But some of the challenges regarding CROPP, the CROPP funding does not cover meeting logistics. You may be funded to fly to this venue and

stay at a hotel there but it does not cover any attendance fee. That is a challenge. Another challenge is that sometimes the travel proposal, because it's only three days, two nights – there's some creative proposal, one from LACRALO for example, which is actually using four travelers but utilizing three countries. Because the way the CROPP proposals were structured, it's only meant for travelers to go to one venue and then return home. For LACRALO, for example, their travelers are going to Haiti, then going to the Dominican Republic and back to Haiti and then back home.

I should mention also that the CROPP administrators have been on the CROPP Review Team list and have been actually very helpful with their comments and suggestions and so forth. Then they have taken a lot of – I think they are very happy with the way that we have been organized, how we organized it and are making use of the CROPP Program. I'll stop there now [inaudible].

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay, thanks a lot for your explanations, Dev. Before I give the floor to Olivier, I just want to point to the question from Siranush in the chat: "Can we already submit CROPP requests for July-September period?"

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

I think you can – I would say what [you] can do is if you want to submit it now for – I would say make the preparation to submit the proposal. Right now, there's no actual space to actually file the proposal with ICANN even if we approve it at this point. Again, I'm going to be meeting

with the CROPP administrator very soon and I will get more details as to when you can actually file it.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thanks a lot, Dev, for keeping us in the loop on any further progress and development in this respect. I see two hands raised; first, Olivier, and afterwards, Glenn. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. Just reinforcing what Dev has said during the [inaudible] call that took place earlier this week. Xavier Calvez has confirmed that the CROPP will continue. There might be a few amendments and modifications.

But I would [inaudible] Siranush is exactly what Dev said: prepare your request and I have been told by Xavier that it will be swift in following up with Dev because I did mention on the call that there was a potential problem since a lot of APRALO's activities are during July and August. We would need – bearing in mind that it takes six to eight weeks to process things – to get things filed now, ASAP. We're talking a matter of days until you can file your new request.

But have them ready and we'll see with Dev. We'll try and get a call next week to speed things up. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thanks a lot, Olivier, for these special remarks. Next is Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, hi. I have two things I want to mention. When I've submitted my reports – and I've done two of the CROPP locations – the reports have not gone in very quickly. In fact, they're almost way late. I'm just wondering if there could be a process of who writes the report that we can get them directly to Joyce and Robert, because it took a lot of reminders to our two assigned people in the NARALO situation.

The second issue is I still haven't got my per diem for my Chicago trip. It doesn't matter how many times I've reminded Constituency Travel. I still haven't got it.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay [inaudible].

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. This seems to be another problem – or challenge – as you mentioned in the chat, reporting as a first point and a second point, per diem. Dev has raised his hand. Please, Dev, you have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you, Wolf. Okay, thanks, Glenn. Regarding the reporting, how it's supposed to work is that the travelers would submit the reports to the CROPP coordinators from the region who are the CROPP RT members from the region. They would be the ones to edit the Wiki with the submission because they are the only ones with the appropriate permissions to edit the Wiki. The travelers need [inaudible] to file the

reports with the CROPP Review Team members. The Review Team members would then file it on the ICANN [inaudible].

Regarding the [inaudible] per diem, I'm afraid, well, I can't really help you with that. I would suggest that [inaudible] follow up with the Constituency Travel as to that [aspect].

WOLF LUDWIG: [inaudible] is an exchange in the Adobe Connect chat between Heidi and Glenn on this. This is a bureaucratic procedure, I guess, we cannot further discuss [inaudible]. This [inaudible] should be followed up with support of that. You have still your hand raised, Glenn and staff; do you want to add anything else? Staff? No? Okay.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay; any further questions or comments regarding Agenda Item 5 on the CROPP Program? As Olivier mentioned, this has been extended. It's now [inaudible] for our next fiscal year '15. There will be a sort of continuation on this end. I think this will come up in the month again and will be an Agenda Item for any subsequent secretariat call again.

If there is nothing urgent for today anymore to be said on this point, let me continue on our agenda with Agenda Item 6, what is the metrics discussion on implementation and next steps. It's Maureen who would like to explain on this. Maureen, you have the floor, please.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Wolf, for inviting me to this meeting to remind everyone about the ALAC metrics process, which is still in play. We are still interested in any ideas from RALOs about the implementation of the metrics that we proposed in Singapore. We presented two parallel metrics processes, one which Dev will just give a brief summary of what has been done so far in recording actual attendance of ALAC members at meetings and in working group. The second, of course, was a request for a report on ALAC members involvements in the meetings and working groups that they attend and represent their RALOs at.

At the moment, we haven't stipulated an expected timeframe structure for these reports. Ideally, I think we'd like that the reporting output was set by each RALO so that the expectations are for reporting. I mean, it could be regular or it could be a once-a-year report, whatever the RALO thinks is appropriate. But as long as we, as the working group, are notified about what process is actually decided on by the RALOs.

I'd just like to reiterate two important points about the reporting expectation. It is that the purpose of this metrics is to demonstrate active involvement and accountability by the ALAC members and to provide a report that will not only inform the At-Large community but also to inform ICANN.

The ALAC Rules of Procedure, which we've been just talking about earlier, stipulate what the accountability expectations are for ALAC members. It also outlines the consequences of not being actively involved. I'm not saying that there was anyone who isn't actively

involved but it is actually sort of stated in the Rules. We just like to know that there is at least some expectation from RALOs for feedback from their ALAC members and if we could be informed about that.

[Inside] of my presentation, I'd like to now move to Dev and he can outline to you what the attendance record recording has involved so far. Dev?

WOLF LUDWIG: Dev, you have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Well, as part of the looking at metrics, one of the things – as a member of the Metrics Working Group – was to try to figure out ways in which collecting [of] metrics can be made as easy as possible [inaudible] going through the tedious task of actually going through attendance records and so forth.

I've shared a spreadsheet, a Google sheet, which anybody could view. Just want to take a – I probably won't have time to go through every single aspect, but what I just wanted to talk about is two things.

Once we have the data from meetings structured, it becomes very easy to have the spreadsheet pull that information into the spreadsheet from the Wiki for processing. From that, we can then do the calculations. For example, for [inaudible] ALAC Metrics, which is looking at the ALAC, we can look at the number of persons that attend meetings in 2013.

The challenge is right now is that the meeting attendance pages are not structured correctly. It would be [up to this] [inaudible] I would like to suggest that if the RALOs want to do this type of analysis and reporting, a first step would be to help restructure the meeting pages in an appropriate way. By “appropriate way,” I mean that we use consistent titles for the meeting pages and we make certain when we in going for each of those meeting pages, it’s clearly put where to put where the persons are present and absent and who sent apologies. Once that is done, the spreadsheet can be used to then pull all of that information in and come up with a summary very, very quickly.

I could go into the details of the spreadsheet but I probably [am] not certain that’s going to be helpful to you at this point. But that’s the gist of it. It’s very [inaudible]. If the RALOs want to be able to do this type of attendance collecting for the RALOs’ purposes, I could probably work with the secretariats in helping to structure the meeting pages more to better allow for this type of automated collection and analysis. I’ll stop there now.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay, thanks a lot, Maureen and Dev for your explanation. Are there any questions and comments from the others on this point, metrics discussion on implementation and next steps? I see no hand raised but I guess [it is] a work in progress. Maureen and Dev can keep us updated on any further development in this respect.

Then let me go over to Agenda Item 7, [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

WOLF LUDWIG: What is social media strategy, goals and requirements from the RALOs and Dev has the floor on this again.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thank you, Wolf. What we are looking at is the At-Large social media strategy. You've seen some of the detailed proposals. What we – myself and Ariel, who was really instrumental in helping me as a Chair of the Technology Task Force to help finalize this proposal. I'm going to turn the floor over to Ariel, to her. She will go into something, [inaudible] working the objectives of the social media strategy.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, go ahead, [inaudible].

ARIEL LIANG: Hello, everyone. For the social media strategy, particular for ATLAS II as [inaudible] with [inaudible] strategy, which is to raise awareness of the At-Large community as a diverse, passionate end-user volunteer group whose works affects the future of global DNS, Internet governance, and other ICANN-related policy issues. We want to make sure our messaging is very inspirational so that motivates interested people to be part of our community.

Our main target audience is inactive, new, and potential ALS members. On this slide, you can see some of their key characteristics. They're mainly younger generation people [spreaded] around the world, have an interest about ICANN-related policy issues but have limited knowledge and experience with the At-Large community. But they have a desire to learn, to get involved, and make a difference. So there are [inaudible] tutorials to reach out to them.

The reason we want to approach them is the experienced community members can rely on [inaudible] a mailing list for communication. Social media may not be that valuable to them. At the same time, the inexperienced people, they will search for information about At-Large everywhere. Social media is a very good platform to communicate with them. This is an example of our primary audience is [inaudible] NetMission.Asia Next Gen Program.

I will turn the floor to Dev and he will walk you through the Curation Working Group and their particular responsibilities during ATLAS II.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you, Ariel. The idea is for a curation group. This will be comprised of group members from the Technology Task Force, Capacity Building Working Groups, Outreach Subcommittee, and from the RALOs working in close coordination with staff. The idea would be it'll be a working group that'll help curate content for social media. The idea will be that members would be working on a rotational basis to help post or help coordinate to create content for posting during certain times. The staff

will be in charge of the actual social media accounts so that to better coordinate everything. Next slide.

Okay. When we look at the content, there are several types. There's [what's] called the fluid content. This is like announcements that's happening on a regular basis. For example, vote announcements, policy up for comment, and so forth. There's the static content, which is like information related to, well, in the case of ATLAS II, things regarding the thematic groups, the RALO General Assembly, information about ICANN and the policy issues. Then also in terms of the interaction, we want to be able to during the actual summit to be able to interact with various persons – well, with At-Large and to the [inaudible] public. And also to live feed information happening regarding the thematic groups and the General Assemblies and what's taking place during the ICANN meeting. Next slide.

Just to go over some of the fluid content. As I mentioned, vote information, ALAC statements, call for statement, those are the types of content that is – it's not exactly protectable and it's time-sensitive, meaning that. Next slide.

Okay, the static content. Again, this is where the secretariats can help: talk about the information regarding the General Assemblies and the Subject Matter Experts giving information about the thematic groups at ATLAS II and the regular agenda. The idea is to prepare this beforehand. Next slide.

Okay. This regarding the live feed, we'll be using Facebook and Twitter to post contents related to the static content, particular quotes

[inaudible] from speakers, any key infographic slides, documents, and pictures and videos of the event as it happens [inaudible].

ARIEL LIANG: Sorry, Dev. I'm just going to interrupt you quickly. Can anybody see the slide on the screen?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yep.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, we can see the slides on the screen, but just a quick reminder regarding the time.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

ARIEL LIANG: Yes, yes. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. I'll try to move as quickly as [inaudible]. Next slide.

Again, the goal is running the live feeding as though actually you could see our goals there, two or three tweets per meeting session and three to five Facebook posts per day. We [want to] have one for probably each of these thematic group session and for the RALO General Assemblies. Next slide.

In terms of interaction, we just want to show that we want to [follow] the ICANN corporate accounts, re-tweet information from those corporate accounts, and to invite persons from the community influences to re-tweet our content and of course interact with fans and followers as much as possible. Next slide.

Okay. Well, this is a [inaudible]; those are some of the hashtags that we could use during the event. Next slide.

Okay. I think I'll just turn over to Ariel to [first] go over the phases.

ARIEL LIANG:

Hello, everyone. For the implementation of this strategy for ATLAS II, we have three-phases. The first phase is from June the 1st to June the 10th. The second one is the second ten days of June; it's the 11th to the 20th. The third phase is during ATLAS II, so it's the third ten days of June, it's from the 21st to the 30th.

For phase one, our goal is to grow awareness for At-Large. We will post a lot of fluid content based on the feed from ALAC [anon] as well as static content that gives people knowledge and background about At-Large and ICANN. We will post information mainly under the title Regular ICANN Meetings. You can see the [bullet] point here.

The second phase is to [inaudible] momentum for ATLAS II. We will still be posting fluid content from the ALAC [anon]. But for the static content, we'll [inaudible] mainly focus on the background information for the thematic group breakout session, as well as the RALO General Assembly. That's the information [inaudible] more relevant to what will be actually discussed during the summit. At the same time, we will start to having interactions with corporate accounts and other influences among At-Large community to join a conversation about ATLAS II and ICANN 50.

During the summit, phase three, will we immerse and engage in ATLAS II. We will do everything we mentioned earlier, from posting fluid content and static content to providing live feed and having interaction. Live feed will be the main part of our social media implementation. That will [inaudible] from our participants, especially the remote participants a live experience of the summit.

To measure how well we'll do for this strategy, we will mainly rely on some key performance indicators on the social media platform. On Facebook, the paging [inaudible] provides information like new page likes and the reach of our posts, as well as their engagement rates. Another important metric we want to rely on is the click-through rate of our links. In fact, Google's short URL service, called goo.gl, they provide the information about how many people click that link and information like that. It's good for us to track those metrics on a weekly basis. In fact, that will be one of the responsibilities of the Curation Group. This is some examples of the metrics that we will be using.

Now I will turn the floor to Dev about the specific responsibilities for Curation Group from now to the end of May. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks, Ariel. You seen the slide here regarding the responsibilities here. The Curation Group, we need the Curation Group to build templates for the fluid content, to draft the static content in tweet format before ATLAS II, and as Ariel [inaudible] shown, [running] the different timings for next months. We also then be looking at working how we will then schedule, come up with a mechanism how to coordinate the live feed in a timely manner that's not overwhelming to all of us. And of course, monitor the key performance indicators. [Just] next slide.

Just to give an example of how we're thinking about it, we're thinking of using a shared spreadsheet, whereby everybody will be contributing to the shared spreadsheet, so that we can then – so Ariel will then be able to, from staff, look at this and then be able to pull the information out to post to Facebook and Twitter. I think that is it. Thanks.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thanks Dev and Ariel, for this overview on the social media strategy and this presentation. Just a quick, short comment from my side: I think it looks good. It looks even impressive. I've just realized during the presentation there is a quite a lot of [inaudible]-specific terminology used what I think is not necessarily appropriate for social media venue target groups outside ICANN [ALS] [inaudible]. Have a

critical look on specific terminology and try to re-say in some words which as probably better understandable for outsiders.

I also have seen a term which is “Internet consumer.” This is, in my opinion, no go. We are not consumers of the Internet. We are Internet users. A user is not just a consuming person. A user also includes an active side, not just a consumption. Be aware about such terms, etc., and as a critical [inaudible] again.

Any further comments and remarks on these agenda items, what will be pilot in London? Yes, Ariel?

ARIEL LIANG:

Thank you, Wolf. For the implementation of this strategy, we will need support from the RALO secretariat because they will know the detailed information about what’s going on in the RALO and also this agenda item is going to be discussed during a General Assembly. We will work closely with the secretariats on that.

Also, for each RALO General Assembly, ideally we want one social media person from the RALO to provide a live feed and feed information to me so that we can cover the General Assembly on social media. That’s a request from staff. In terms of that but we will work with the RALOs to sort out the details. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks a lot for these additional remarks, Ariel. Further questions and comments? We are running short of time, now. I think we can follow-up this discussions on a very practical level in London, what may

prove to be more productive than any theoretical discussions and exchanges here at the call.

This was meant to give an introduction and an overview to the RALO leaders and let me just to continue with our agenda and Item 8, what are the pop-up banner. I think all secretariats and Chairs have seen the exchanges from staff [inaudible] and suggestion of a pop-up banner in the regional colors and with a regional [globe] on each. I will give shortly the floor to Dev, Ariel, or whoever wants to give a brief summary on this and then open the floor for questions. Please. Ariel, you have the floor if you want to.

ARIEL LIANG:

Hi, hi, Wolf. I think Heidi will presenting this part.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Or Heidi. Whoever from staff side wants to add anything on this item. To my perception, this is almost completed with feedbacks from all RALOs and they are now on the way being produced [inaudible] I think since the beginning of this week.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Olivier – Wolf, so those, all of the RALO pop-up banners have been ordered. The At-Large and ALAC banner, that will be ordered later today. They'll all be in consistent look. I think they'll look great when they're used together as well as individually.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Any questions, comments from your side of this? Nothing can be changed anymore. They are in production already and we will get them soon.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

WOLF LUDWIG: Was there a question or comment? Who is speaking? Okay. There is something in the background. I can't understand. Okay, but we are short of time. Let's go to the next Agenda Item, what is point 9, ALS decertification and next steps.

We have discussed almost over years at various secretariat meetings, during ICANN meetings, and at secretariat calls. There is a special workspace page on this issue with minimum performance criteria of an At-Large Structures, certification process as at At-Large, etc. I think everything is almost said on this, in my opinion.

There have been a few ALSes listed per region. There are four ALSes listed from EURALO. I seen some more from LACRALO. There has been already two or three decertifications recently. I think the point at the moment is those who are listed, those who are now should be done as soon as possible, etc.

I know from EURALO this is a pending issue on our agenda. Olivier has sent a reminder around yesterday pushing up to get this finally done. I entirely with the remarks Olivier made yesterday evening, late night. I will try to find some time over the week and start this from EURALO's side to [inaudible] the [SSACs] and to send them a last reminder with the deadline. If they don't respond, we will immediately contact to ALAC and we will ask for the decertification.

Olivier, you have raised your hand. Please, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much, Wolf. Effectively, the process works by having the RALOs put forward the names of those ALSes that they would like delisted then the ALAC has to vote on it. The concern I have, of course, is that when it comes in front of the ALAC – well, you and your region might be very much aware that ALS X-Y-Z is non-performing, has actually not existed for the past four years, has never been involved in anything, and has not even been part of the first At-Large summit, and, in fact, the e-mail is bouncing back and so on.

This is recorded nowhere. ALAC members will then be- asking question and some might say, "Well, hang on. I'm not going to vote for this ALS to be delisted until I'm absolutely sure that it is what you said it is. I want proof."

This is why I'm just concerned. I'd like to get this whole batch of ALSes dealt with before the summit. It's not [inaudible] further proof that the e-mail bounces, that the website is not up anymore, that they have – sometimes, the ALS has asked to be delisted themselves. You just copy

and paste an e-mail from them – which sometimes, in fact, [inaudible] those is from a couple of years ago. That will be fine enough to convince the ALAC to be able to vote on the delisting, bearing in mind that each one of the de-listings will need one vote from the ALAC. That's four, six, eight votes will take place, one after the other, before the At-Large summit.

I'd like to launch this during the next ALAC call, which is in two weeks' time. You've got another couple of weeks if you need to do this. But it will probably take you just, like, five minutes to find the right information. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks a lot for this additional explanations, Olivier. I highly agree. I would like to add another action item – actually, say something Olivier pointed to. On the present Wiki page, there are some explanations on the procedures, etc., and there is a list of decertification candidates.

But under the list of decertification candidates, there should be a subpage created there then I start the procedure, contacting the [inaudible] and I have to give reasons for what we are now decertifying [inaudible]. If I can just copy paste this into a subpage at the workspace so everybody can see the reasons why we want to get rid of them and I do not have to explain it afterwards or respond on e-mails ten times again.

In parallel, I can just make a brief documentation on the workspace for our specific reason for [this] decertification that [inaudible] ALAC

members when there are up for vote can refer to. This would be extremely helpful from my point of view. I entirely agree with Olivier on this point.

Any further remarks? Any further questions to this Agenda Item 9, ALS decertification? This is work in progress. I see no hands raised anymore for this. Then the last point on the agenda is any other business. As far as I understood, Glenn had something for any other business.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: No, no, sorry, Wolf. We did it as 4.1. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Oh, okay. Perfect. This is already accomplished. Sorry. Anything else from your side on the point and any other business? I see no hand raised. [inaudible] and nobody coming up. I think, once again, we are through our today's agenda with a slight delay of a couple of minutes. Let me thank all of you for your participation and [expert] contributions to this secretariat call. I don't know whether any further call or [inaudible] of secretariats will be needed before London. If not, then we will soon have in one month opportunity to meet again in London.

If there is no more comment, etc., this meeting is adjourned and thanks a lot, again. Wish you a pleasant afternoon, evening, morning, whatever. Thanks a lot and bye.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Bye-bye. Thank you so much, Wolf. Thank you everyone [inaudible].

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Thanks everybody. Okay, bye-bye.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bye.

WOLF LUDWIG: Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]