
TERRI AGNEW: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the At Large summit two organizing committee call on Thursday, the 15th of May, 2014 at 16:00 UTC.

On the call today we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Eduardo Diaz, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Pastor Peters, Wolf Ludwig, Siranush Vardanyan, and Roberto Gaetano.

We have apologies from Carlos Aguirre, Glenn McKnight, and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Terri Agnew.

I'd like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and back over to you Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you Terri. Welcome everyone. Does anybody have a comment or want to add to the agenda? If not, we can start. Carlos, but before we start, I had a request that we should talk about the schedule for the event, and we will cover that on the Tijani action item. And Glenn McKnight apologized because he couldn't be here today, and basically invites everyone to go to, right after this call, there will be a Fayre of Opportunities group call.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

So I invite everyone that has some time to participate in that one too.
And we will get more details about that part. He is on the call.

UNIDENTIFIED: ...Adobe Connect.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So he is in there. I didn't see him. In any case, Carlos can you give us a brief update on the two action items that you have please?
Thank you.

CARLOS REYES: Thank you Eduardo. This is Carlos. For action item 29, I'm just typing this into the chat now. [?] list of participants page, and the link is in there, is completely up to date. And if you take a look at it, I have added some [?] at the tops, breaking down the representation by RALO. And [?] to do the 15 ALAC. So there is a total of 154 ATLAS II delegates.

The thematic groups will be added once that [?] is distributed, and we can talk about that in my next action item. I have a question about the mentoring information. There is a separate page now for the mentors. Do we want to keep them separate, or how do we want to incorporate that into this page?

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo. I'm not sure, still. I don't see Fatima online, but I can talk to her. The idea of that page, the initial idea that we have a

snapshot of everybody that is going, and you notice I have a column that says, we can use that also to indicate who attended the meeting or not. And I was, this is a snapshot of the whole group, another table that indicates who is a member, who is their main team.

But maybe it's a duplication, but let's think about it and we can take it away or leave it there. Carlos, back to you.

CARLOS REYES: Thank you Eduardo. Is it alright if I continue on to action item 35?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes.

CARLOS REYES: Great. Action item 35, last week we completed the abstracts and the discussion questions for the five thematic working groups. With that information, I was able to complete the survey and I was able to send the survey draft to the ATLAS events working group for the review before it's distributed to the ATLAS.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. This is Eduardo for the record. So this is a question for the whole group. Are we ready to send this survey to the group, to the participants? So Carlos can go ahead and do that. To send an email requesting feedback, we didn't receive any feedback at all, so I assume that it looks okay.

Does anybody abstain to send this, the way it is? I don't see any tick marks or comments, so Carlos you have the go ahead to send the survey to all of the participants.

CARLOS REYES: Thank you Eduardo. What is the timeline for the survey? When would we like it to close?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's a very good question. Wolf, can you help with this, or Tijani?

WOLF LUDWIG: This is Wolf Ludwig speaking for the record. I tried to put all the subject matter experts until end of last week, and the last element that was missing, delivered at the beginning of this week was for thematic group five. It would be all completed for, [?] five and ready for the survey. This was my perception.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Tijani, if you are online, how long do you want the survey to go on for? One week, two weeks, three weeks? If you're going to speak Tijani, we cannot hear you. In any case, Carlos, I will say, I don't know how long we want with the other one. Do you remember?

CARLOS REYES: I think we gave, this is Carlos. I recall two weeks, however, from the staff perspective, the sooner we have this information, the better, so we can appropriately allocate the rooms.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So I suggest we follow, why don't we send it, we keep it for two weeks and see how many responses we get, and if we have to do a follow up at that time, we will do it because if it's true, we need this information to allocate and balance the thematic groups to the rooms that we have.

So this way, if nobody abstain to that. Let's do it that way.

CARLOS REYES: All right, thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I have a note in the chat from Heidi, she suggested one week and then a follow up. We need to allocate the rooms. Let's do it for a week then, and then we do a follow up if we don't have enough forms. I mean, there will be people that will never answer the survey, period. But if we get more than 50% or 60 or 75%, that will be a good indication.

I guess we can use that. So let's go ahead and send it. One, two weeks and then we'll do a follow up. Well, Wolf said that one will be enough. Okay. So we'll send it and we can give one week to answer, and depending on the number of answers, then we'll decide to go and do a follow up. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, thank you Eduardo. Tijani speaking. You cannot hear me? Can you hear me? Eduardo, do you hear me? Okay. So, okay, you said, you are speaking about the survey. So, I just sent, because I didn't receive the first email Carlos sent. I just received the second, and I answered it, and I proposed that a link to each abstract should be added to each title inside the survey itself.

Because when you say in the mail that, if you want to see the abstract, you go to this page, everyone will not, or I will say it another way. People will be obliged to go to the page to read everything and then to go to the survey. While, if they have the titles, they can choose their title, and check the abstract or the summary there, on the survey itself. So this was my proposal, and I hope if you agree on it, I hope it will be implemented and we have to send the survey as soon as possible, because we are too late now.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Carlos, this is Eduardo, is that possible please?

CARLOS REYES:

Eduardo, thank you. This is Carlos. I can insert the link as text, however they wouldn't be hyperlink. Survey Monkey does not support that. The other point was to include the links in the actual message. Again, I could include the links, they would just be texts, they wouldn't be hyperlinks.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. That's a doable thing to do. So why don't we put the text so people can copy and put in the browser, since Survey Monkey doesn't allow links. I think that will do. Are there any other comments? Thank you Carlos for the updates. And Heidi, you have three action items there, if you can quickly go over them. Heidi, you're muted.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. I'm just trying to locate them. So nine... Nine is ask constituency travel about visa application, invitation letters for ATLAS II, and ensure that the list of approved travelers is sent to the foreign office for distribution to the UK embassies and consulates around the world. So, the, as it was last time, the visa application invitation letters have been translated into French and Spanish, and have been distributed some time ago.

So that part is completed. The second part, what I'm hearing from Olivier is that that action item does not actually now need to be taken care of because everything seems to be going smoothly. They're not in character any issues with the provision of the visas. So Olivier, if you wanted to expand on that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you very much Heidi. It's Olivier speaker. So I spoke to the GAC member... [AUDIO FADEOUT], and they put me in touch with the home office, or actually the foreign and commonwealth [AUDIO FADEOUT]... to have worked directly with the consulate [AUDIO FADEOUT]... suddenly check that the [?] at the moment 16 working

days, three weeks, for obtaining the visa, but it is not any problems whatsoever with the [AUDIO FADEOUT]

EDUARDO DIAZ: Excuse me, Olivier. Sorry for interrupting you, but you are breaking out and you sound very, very far away.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Hello? Now, better?

WOLF LUDWIG: That's better.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I don't know why this is so far away. Okay, so let me start again. So I spoke with the GAC, the UK GAC representative, and they put me in touch with someone from the commonwealth, the foreign and commonwealth office, whom I actually knew because I worked with him as well, and they checked with the embassy and said that the time for delivering visas at the moments stands at 15 working days, which meant about three weeks.

And that there should not be any problem with regards to the ICANN meeting. There is an awareness of the ICANN meeting. There is no specific list of At Large travelers, and I sensed that they were unwilling to send a list out around to the embassies because they didn't feel that it was something that was needed. However, if there is a problem, we

have anyone who has a problem getting a visa, then please could they contact staff as soon as possible.

And what I can do at that point is to forward the details of that problem over to that person in the foreign and commonwealth, and they can investigate it quite quickly and find out what's wrong. So that's the status. As far as I understand, there is no, just to make it clear, there is no specific list of people to travel to the ICANN meeting. The only thing that should help of course is the invitation letter that everyone is entitled to ask for. And that's pretty much it.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. So any comments about this? If not, I suggest that this action item is considered completed, with this information that we have from Olivier. So Heidi, we go back to you, the action item...

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you Eduardo. So next is action item 31, and that is an update for room assignments for ATLAS II summit events, follow ATLAS II [?] thematic sessions, and the Fayre of Opportunities. So, there has been [?]... and we're just waiting for confirmation from meetings that we're hearing that it's a very high likelihood that the actual plenary, Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday morning will now be in the Viscount, which is a larger room.

And then the breakout room will be divided once we know the [?] are expected, you know, that we are expecting from the completion of that survey. So two of those breakout rooms will have interpretation in

French and Spanish, and the other three will not have any interpretation.

Now the Fayre of Opportunities, that was to be held in the Windsor suite, but now due to the last call that we had where I was asked to follow up with the meeting staff about the concern, ongoing concern about that size, we're now just going to have all of the meeting forms and then they'll take a look at where there is another, larger room for that Fayre of Opportunities.

So, this action item is in progress and we're seeing now some good news, some good potential news.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

No, I was going to say that, that's – we'll see what happens from here to next week. Because I think today is the last day for people to submit their meeting forms, or something like that, right?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

This is Heidi. Yeah. And that's why I'm not hearing much from some of our staff, because they're all busy submitting the forms. So what happens after that, is that the meeting staff [?] ever person who is submitting a form for the whole meeting, and after that the meeting staff will take a look at all of those, and start putting all of those rooms into the proper location.

So it's probably a week or so until we start seeing where the rooms are going to be. So that the deadline of a week, and plus the extra follow

up week necessary for the survey, for the thematic groups, I think is perfect timing.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Thank you. And what about the other action items that has to do with the videos?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, yeah. So, the final video is now ready. And if someone from staff could put that final video into the chat room, that's on the promotional items page. And I sent a note to Murray, who is the chair of the commercial working group, and he is going to get back to us on where and how that video should be distributed. So currently, as I mentioned, it's on the promotional items working page.

So options are distributed on the mailing list, we can do social media, etc. So just waiting to hear back from Murray on what to do with that one.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Any comments about this? If not, thank you so much Heidi for the updates. And next one is Glenn, I think we can skip Glenn because we have a meeting after this meeting, except if you want to say something. Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure. Can you hear me okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. Hi everybody, it's Glenn for the record. Yeah, a lot of the stuff would be covered in the next meeting. There is a lot of outstanding issues, and Heidi alluded to the one, is the room where the event will be held. There has been a lot of discussion on the existing room, that it wasn't conform to our desire of a networking session, but there is a lot of things to discuss so I hope everybody can join us.

We're going to discuss also the speaker, sponsorship, all of the nice stuff, and the agenda for the event. So please join us. So that virtually everything that is outstanding, so hopefully we can get some answers on the next call, so please join us at 1:00 eastern standard time. That's it.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Next one is Tijani, let's talk about events, and Wolf, please too, if you want to do that on the thematic sessions. You have the floor Tijani.

WOLF LUDWIG: Hello?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, we cannot hear you. Okay. So why don't we do...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Do you hear me now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, we can hear you now. Go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. So, I will start with the general schedule. Heidi sent us, you will remember, lately not a proposal, but the last updates she wants to discuss with us. And I answered all of her questions. What is perhaps important, was the timing for the opening session, I don't know if Heidi has already the last timing for each timeslot.

And also, we have another question about the multistakeholder roundtable. And for this roundtable, yesterday on the ALT meeting, we discussed this point, and Holly had a proposal and I will let Olivier speak about it, since he committed to present it in this meeting. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Tijani. It's Olivier speaking. Can you hear me well now?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: ...very far away.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. There was a question, I was asking for questions. Okay, so basically the multistakeholder roundtable, as it stands at the moment, as far as I know, does not appear to have been defined by the organizing committee. And before launching into a couple of suggestions, I wanted to first ask from the group here, whether there is a definition for it, whether anyone has one?

WOLF LUDWIG: Can you repeat the question again? I didn't understand what you mean by that.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. So, if you look at the ATLAS timeline on [?], and you look at the actual day's activities, there is a multistakeholder roundtable which takes place on the Monday. And at the moment, as far as I am aware, having listened to the conversations, I don't think that there is anything that has been organized for it, but I would like to first obtain confirmation from this working group, if there is something that has been organized, or that is being suggested.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: There wasn't. There wasn't, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. So basically, the week is very, very busy indeed. And we've had some, field a couple of requests for more space. The first has been a request by Holly Raiche and Carlton Samuels, to look at a topic of the WHOIS, and you must have seen some of the discussions on the ALAC list, WHOIS and the privacy proxy services, and basically a topic which would benefit from being discussed by the ALAC.

So the slot, the possible slot for this topic would be on the Monday. And because, and that slot would be during the multistakeholder roundtable. One has to remember one thing though, the multistakeholder roundtable will take place at the same time as ICANN discusses the IANA process, the IANA stewardship transition, the transition of stewardship.

And so if one is to have a multistakeholder roundtable by having invitees, and so on, it's quite unlikely that you will get a positive reply for that. So, in effect, we would be discussing, we could use that slot for discussing our own thing, and I thought that it would be maybe a good time to discuss the issue that Holly has brought up to the ALAC. That was one issue that was brought forward.

The other issue is one of universal acceptance of IDN, internationalized domain names. And that was brought by Rinalia. Now, there was, again, one could say well, we could divide that multistakeholder session, which will not be a multistakeholder session anymore, we could divide that time into two. You can give 45 minutes for the first topic and 45 minutes for the topic of IDN.

That said, that leads to the discussion with Rinalia. She is concerned because she would have wanted also people from outside of At Large join us on this. So there might not be a possibility to do this then, and we can actually do the IDN topic later on in the week.

However, in addition to this, and Heidi please correct me if I am wrong, I think there is also a discussion with the SSAC to try and have Patrik Fältström come to speak to us. And that was going to be maybe in the afternoon, or was that going to be in the morning? Please refresh my mind Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Olivier. That was going to be... This is Heidi for the record. That was going to be during the ALAC and regional officers meeting also on Monday afternoon.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. So that remains out of this session. So we're just basically saying that the multistakeholder roundtable space could be used half the time by Holly and Carlton, and the other half of the time by the IDN topic. Or we could have the whole length of the discussion about, from Holly and Carlton, the WHOIS issue, and that would give us ample time to maybe even come up with actual proposals or drafting something.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I have Heidi, your...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Eduardo, this is Heidi. I'd rather have people talk about what Olivier has just talked about. My topic is a different issue.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So any comments about what Olivier has said? Who is this? Oh, Tijani has the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Tijani. Thank you Eduardo. I am really wondering what is the benefit of having this roundtable? Since we will be having a discussion about the IANA transition, and we know that everyone will be drawn to this discussion during the Monday. So I don't know. I am asking the question.

Is it important [?] to have this roundtable? It is still [?] to have it?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, is this question addressed to the group or Olivier?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivia.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you very much Tijani. That's exactly the question I'm asking the group. Let me start again. I'm asking the group to replace the multistakeholder roundtable with a session that will deal with the matter which was brought forward by Holly and by Carlton. And I'm

trying to find the matter at the moment, and I've got a small problem in finding it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so they were asking for a space to discuss privacy proxy issues. A lot has been going on in that working group in the GNSO, and following an update on the EWG, on WHOIS.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: So thank you Heidi. So that would effectively be a topic that would be led by the registrant issues working group, and that would also, at the same time be a topic that relates to the whole of ALAC, since the expert working group on privacy, sorry. The expert working group on the replacement to WHOIS, is what Carlton is working in.

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo for the record. That would be like, from this 90 minute period, that would be 45 minutes, right?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, thank you Eduardo, it's Olivier. It could be 45 minutes, or it could be the full 90 minutes. If we need to use the second half for another topic, then we could make that topic 45 minutes. But at the moment as it stands, because the IDN topic, Rinalia would prefer to be a hot topic later on in the week, we could use the full 90 minutes for a discussion on privacy proxy, etc.

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo for the record. So, you know, I go back to what Tijani said, if we're competing with this IANA meeting, do you think people will go to this meeting at all? Just a question, I'm just wondering.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That I do not know.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I know.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Do you think that anyone would come to any of our meetings in the morning or afternoon? Bearing in mind [AUDIO FADEOUT]... for the IANA topic and then the ICANN accountability, and a whole number of things on Monday, and there is also a GAC high level meeting taking place.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I don't know.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: At that point, we might as well cancel all of Monday. I'm saying that as a laugh. I say, we need to think of our schedule, and if we need to discuss some issues with the ALAC, then these are times, these are the only times that will be available to us.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. Olivier, my concern is that we are calling it multistakeholder roundtable, and we may...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: ...roundtable anymore, Tijani. I said that would not...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly, exactly. Okay. In this case, great. Okay. So, Eduardo may I...?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. This is not going to be called multistakeholder. It's going to be called something else. So the question on the table is, is this acceptable to the group? Is that what we are looking for? I'm looking for a consensus here if we're going to have this change for the 90 minute slot, Monday.

[CROSSTALK]

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's actually two hours but we can shorten it to 90 minutes. We've got a full two hours, we can shorten it.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Any comments about this? Does anybody abstain on doing this? If not, then we can go ahead and tell Carlton and Holly that, yes, we'll have that period of time to discuss that thing. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. This is Heidi for the record. I would like to go back to Saturday, the opening plenary. We're using the 9th of May schedule, but if you can all take a look at the meeting schedule for all of the entire meeting, Saturday through Friday, and I put the link in the chat.

Now this is, you can go ahead and do that again right now so you can take a look at it again. So this, my first question is about the naming for all of the breakout and the plenary. So if you can just take a look at this one more time, this is the meeting schedule. I'm just now putting that in. So you'll see that just for, to make the naming of each title make more sense, I've named them, for example, the ATLAS II plenary session one.

Then the one immediately following that on Saturday is the ATLAS II plenary session two. Following on from that, the final one in the afternoon on Saturday is session three plenary. So you'll also see that, the five thematic breakout groups that are taking place Saturday and Sunday, I've put onto the list, I've named them session one, session two, session three, session four.

So you'll see that each of those five thematic groups now have their spot on the wiki, and each one has the time and the session. So I just wanted to make sure that everyone is clear on that and approves that. As they were listed on the main schedule, the titles were more

descriptive, and that just could be confusing in terms of the meeting form, etc., and the meeting schedule. So I hope that that is all clear and acceptable.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I have a... Olivier, you have the floor for any comments.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes thank you Eduardo. I was not going to comment on any of that. But so I'll let people comment on that. I have a comment about the previous discussion that we had.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I didn't get that last part, you broke up Olivier. What did you say?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I was not going to comment on what Heidi just said, I was going to comment on the discussion prior to what Heidi just included there.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry. You were talking about the slot we were talking about...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That's correct. I just wanted to close off the slot by just putting on the record that this could be allocated to Holly and to Carlton, on the condition that they take full organization of this, because this committee does not have the time to organize additional sessions right

now. That was the only thing I wanted to put on the record, so that staff let Carlton and Holly know about it.

And I guess if they don't go for this, then I would recommend that that session is cancelled all together for the time being.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Any comments about that? No?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I agree.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Heidi.

[CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so coming back to the meeting issue, I hope that everyone agrees with that. So just to make sure that everyone is aware that they're going to be divided by numbers. So plenary session one, two, three, etc. And the thematic working groups breakouts will be by the name. There are five thematic groups. So what we've done is we've listed the thematic group one, and you'll see, by the thematic group number, by the title of that thematic group, and then by the session numbers. Okay?

So, [?] to London for Saturday morning, the first plenary, you will see that they, on this May 9th schedule, there will receive welcome addresses by the ALAC chair, by the Board's chair, [?] by the ALAC,

Board chair and CEO. And I'm, we've got a question from Board support, whether Fadi, Steve Crocker, Sébastien, rather they would be able to be there from 9 through 9:45. And their aim is to have them leave by 9:45. So could we get agreement please so that would be okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Any comments?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Can you repeat Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. So can everyone hear me? This is Heidi. [?] on the plenary, the first plenary on Saturday morning, Olivier as chair, ALAC chair is to speak, as is Fadi, CEO, Steve Crocker, the chair of the Board, and Sébastien, the Board director selected by At Large. There are to speak, give welcome addresses, and Board support has asked whether they can speak between nine and 9:45. So they can leave by 9:45 for other Board related activities.

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo for the record. You know, it's very hard to say 9:45, they can be there and leave at 9:45, we don't know exactly how long the ALAC chair is going to take, or the Board director selected by At Large is going to take in their speech. There might be a way of moving this up. I

think there was an email sent out suggesting timeframes for this. Go ahead Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, sorry. Actually, no we can let everyone know exactly how long they will speak. You know, this is all planned by staff. That's where we need some direction from you on how long you would like them to speak. But I would assume that there is going to be some opening, perhaps by Olivier or by you Eduardo, and then we hand it over to those three speakers.

So if we give them each five, 10 minutes for comments and then open it to questions, then we know that we have a total of 40 minutes for them. So we can have them there between 9:05 or 9:10 to 9:45. But just for planning purposes, they are scheduled through the minute, and we need to arrange that with them.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. This is Eduardo. I believe I sent that feedback in the mail that was, I think you or someone was requesting, that information. And I remember putting exact minutes for each slot, but I mean, we can look at that more closely. Tijani you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. I think that for the question of Heidi, we can answer it even if we don't already agree on the timing, because if the Board has a time constraint, we can arrange our speeches, our slots, so that Steve and Sébastien speak just after Olivier. And I think that 9:45 is

possible. So for your question, Heidi, I think it is possible, no problem. We have to start at eight sharp.

And I think that there is no problem to make them leave at 45.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. This is Eduardo. That sounds like the plan going forward. I mean, the time constraint here for the Board, and the CEO, they have a time constraint so we should arrange this in such a way that they are out of there before 9:45.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Just to come back because I couldn't... Eduardo, this is Heidi. Tijani, just to be clear, the session one plenary starts at nine, not eight, on Saturday. That's what it says in the schedule and that's what we have in our wiki page.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Could you please repeat?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so Tijani, the first plenary starts on nine on Saturday, not 8:00.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Nine, I said nine, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I thought you said eight.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: We start at nine...

EDUARDO DIAZ: You said eight, but it's okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, I am sorry. I'm sorry, nine.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So we're in sync. We're in sync. Okay, so Heidi to close this point, we have arranged this in such a way that they are out from there at 9:45.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. So in fact, just to continue on this. I'm looking at the wiki page now, that's my master list now. So and you'll see that all of the slots are empty, so there are no agendas in there. So, Eduardo, I'm happy to start posting the agendas in there and set the timings that you've indicated to me, but Wolf, just to go over to you, you'll see, and Tijani as well, session two, the plenary session two, is empty.

And then all of the thematic groups agendas for Saturday and Sunday are empty. I'm assuming that's going to be done by the groups that are handling those. And then the plenary sessions are empty as well. So I'm just wondering who is going to put those agendas in?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: May I speak?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay thank you. This was one of the points that today we have to really advance, and I am expecting that Wolf will help on this issue too. I think this is an introductory plenary for the ALS representatives, and we need to update them on the most recent dates happening in ICANN and the Internet governance ecosystem in general.

So, the question was, is the person will make the update, shall they be from the staff or from the community. My answer is we can use both of them. We have to think, and you are right Heidi, we need to think about it deeply and we have to do it now, or at least during this week. And give you the last decision on it. We need to make the best introduction for the ALS representatives about what is happening now.

And we can use members of the community, and also perhaps members of the staff. It is up to this group to decide. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Wolf, you have the floor.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, it's Wolf Ludwig for the record. Well, my question simply is, when Heidi you need some more coordinating efforts on the thematic groups. I can continue to help, only if it is desired. I will not impose, I will not put anything from my side anymore, what is not welcome. If you need some help or coordination, it was Alberto who was just asking here in the Adobe Connect chat, who is coordinating from the topic for the thematic groups?

If it's a SMD or who else? I think there should be a coordination of all five groups. That would be a contact point for the SME's for moderators, etc., for reporters and if this is agreed, if you want to have such a coordination, I'm ready to step in to continue, and also to help to fine tune the agenda in cooperation with each subject matter expert, etc. Asking and discussing with them how, and then as Tijani mentioned before, I think before we start with the thematic groups, there should be some kind, at the end of a previous session, there should be some kind of a short introduction where we point to a breakout session.

And then this can easily be done with one representative from each breakout group and it will be short, say something in two minutes. And such an introduction is quickly done.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Wolf. Any comments? Go ahead Wolf.

WOLF LUDWIG: I think yes, as the program stands now, and just let me refer to some previous conference experience I have, as the program stands by now,

some participants may get a little confused or even lost, since the variety of issues and there is a variety of sessions that we have. So we have the mentors, we have plenty of other accompanying systems.

But I think it would be a good idea, at the end of a session, to make just a clear housekeeping announcement. The next session will take place, it will have this format, etc. Room announcement and things like this. This is very important to make sure participants are not getting lost.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Wolf. Any other comments? Tijani please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, thank you. Wolf, is exactly what is in the program now, the first plenary and the plenary number one, as Heidi called it, the last item is housekeeping announcement including ground rules, the room assignment for each group, etc. So this will be done, and this is normal. If you don't do it, people will be lost. But you're right.

And for the general introduction, it is exactly the session of 11 to 13, it is, we said the plenary update on the, etc. So, we need it to be an introductory session. If there is a consensus inside the group that we change it even, the topic here, it was planned that we speak about things that are happening now. But if the group decides that it will be a summary of the five themes, or if you want, an introduction of the five themes, there is no problem.

But we have to decide on it together here. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier please.

WOLF LUDWIG: May I just comment, make a remark again?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, if you want, go ahead.

WOLF LUDWIG: Well, the basic functional question is, whether staff can do all of this by themselves, and if there is no support needed, I won't impose myself. But if staff needs some coordination, people who are more or less in charge of the next program element, etc. It could be helpful for them, in my opinion, if they know we can do it by our self. So it's fine.

Fine to me. Staff must clearly say what sort of support they need from our side, and how this support should look like, and then we can make a decision on it.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. I see the question has gone to staff, and I see Heidi has put her hand up. I give my place to Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Olivier. This is Heidi. So just answering Wolf's question, I feel comfortable preparing draft agendas for the plenary sessions. I think Tijani has given enough description to where I can do that, but if I would suggest having first, as Alberto has mentioned, clarity on the roles of the various positions for the thematic groups, on the [?] call, with all of those, with the SMDs, with the moderators, and with the reporters, to finalize the agenda for the thematic group breakout.

And that can happen in the next couple of weeks, it's not urgent.

WOLF LUDWIG: Very good point. I agree.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So, following up on what Heidi has said, I would also suggest that Wolf is in charge of the coordination [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...done an excellent job reaching out to get those thematic groups filled in with subject matter experts, etc. I think that there definitely needs to be coordination. And so, it would be great to do that.

As far as the questions on which thematic groups [?] and so on, the largest ones [AUDIO FADEOUT]... That's it. That's the only thing we can

add for the moment, because we don't know where people might want to be... That might mean that some people [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...one of the smaller groups, will leave one of the smaller groups and take the larger group, such is life.

Last thing, a question from me. Are we going to allow people go from one thematic group to another? Or are we going to lock them into a thematic group?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That is a question for the group, Olivier. It's Eduardo.

WOLF LUDWIG: Eduardo, may I come in on this point?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, please.

WOLF LUDWIG: Because we discussed this at our last event working group call, and I was in the time between, thinking about the phenomenon, and I think we should not underestimate it. We try now to streamline, or to organize, for the room allocations. We would like to know how many participants will sign in for what thematic group. So once we have the response from the survey, we know the names, etc. and the group size and the proportions.

What I think is we should have on [?], a list of signed in participants from all five groups, because I am almost sure, when people arrive in London, and you ask them, “By the way, in what thematic group are you assigned?” Many of them will say, “I don’t remember exactly anymore.” So we need, as a support tool, name lists of all of the five thematic groups. When people will come up and ask to remind them, well according to the survey, you are supposed to be in thematic group [?].

This is one important element. And then we come to the next question, Olivier raised again, whether we allow participants to switch on the spot, depending on spontaneous change of minds, or multiple interests, etc. If only a small number of people would do this, I wouldn’t see a problem for it. If a lot of people do it, we may end up in quite some chaotic situation, where certainly we have [?] overcrowded meeting rooms on one theme, and half empty rooms in another.

So, I think this still needs some reflection on our side to make sure that we somehow can keep this under control. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Wolf. Before, I just want to make sure that the participation list, I think that is in the wiki, will have a column that says to which sessions they have selected from the survey. But since we have anything yet that is not there, so there will be like a central, in the wiki, a central point where you have that information.

I’m not sure who is next. Tijani or Olivier, you have your hand up still or... Oh, Tijani, go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you. So, Olivier, as Wolf said, I don't think that we have to restrict the attendance to one group as we said earlier before. It is a normal case, but if someone has multiple interests, and wants to swap between one session to the other, if this doesn't effect, how to say, the capacity of the rooms, it will not be a problem.

But if we see a theme now of a huge number changing their groups, and make rooms very crowded, in this case, as was said, we need to find a way to make it under control. But, I think that before London, we have to make some calls among the groups. Each group will have some calls to arrange to, to prepare the work, to prepare the reference documents, to speak about the chair, the moderator, etc.

So that people will be familiar together, when they come to London, they can start immediately working. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. Wolf, you have something to say?

WOLF LUDWIG:

No, sorry, I forgot, more or less... I think the last suggestion made by Roberto, as soon as we know the rooms, the participants assigned to, we can try to mark them, how this can be proceeded into a registration process, and people will arrive and [?], etc. This we have to sort out. But this would be very helpful to have this kind of colored identities according to the group as they were assigned for. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. We are almost at the top of the hour, and I just want to wrap up this conversation. Basically, Wolf is going to be the main point of contact for the thematic sessions, and correct me when I finish. Thematic sessions, and staff is going to build up some agendas, draft agendas for all of these sessions on the conversation today.

And Wolf and [?] will look at it and fine tune them as needed. And as for the group changing, people changing from sessions, [?] color coded and once we have a good understanding of how the groups are balanced, we'll know more of what to do. Do you have any comments?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you. Yes, I would like to confirm that today we decided that Wolf would be in charge of the thematic groups, organization, everything of the thematic groups. And I would like to ask Heidi, if she could issue the last version of the schedule, according to our remarks, according to her questions to which we answered? So that we try to find...

If you have the detailed schedule of the London meeting, but I would like to see this table so that we are more, if you want, fixed on things. We have one list thing that we didn't decide yet on, which is the plenary of 11:00, and I think that today we didn't go deeply in this issue, if you don't want to spend more time on, we have to continue by email. Thank you.

[CROSTALK]

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Go ahead Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, sorry, Eduardo. Tijani, I think actually you're description that you have on the Excel tables, that the plenary two is going to be opted on the current worldwide discussion about the future of Internet governance and the multistakeholder model, including the Brazil meeting, the One Net initiative, the outcome, the output of NetMundial, I think that will be very well placed for that plenary session.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Thank you. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...needed to have one question answered, because it has been announced from the [?] to 10:30 AM session on Saturday, the introduction in setting the theme [plenary] mentioned, attended by all of the SO and AC chairs.

So, if this is attended by all of the SO and AC chairs, are they required to spend the full one and a half hours there? Bearing in mind for the GNSO for that, the chair is running the GNSO council meeting at that time, so that would require the chair being out of the GNSO council meeting. First question. Second question, let me first have an answer for this, and then I'll ask another question.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, did you want to comment on that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. I want to answer this question, if possible. I think, since Steve and Sébastien have to leave at 9:45, the SO and AC chairs can leave with them at the same time. They will attend, if you want, the official opening with those official persons. And then it will be an internal ALAC work, so they can leave. I don't think we need them more. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Olivier, do you want to comment on that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you Eduardo. Will they be asked to speak?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivier, I'm sorry?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Will they be asked to speak?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: To speak, no. No, no, no. No.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: They will not be asked to speak. So they will be sitting... I'm asking the questions because I need to know since they're asking the questions. So what are we there for? Are they there to sit on the first floor and attend? Are they invited to attend? Does it matter if they're unable to attend? Will they be on stage? Will they have to say something?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivier, if I may, if you want, it is a big event in ICANN, and the opening, the official opening, we want the chair of SO and AC be present, as, if you want, the head of the community constituencies. That's all. And it is for a short time. If they don't want, I don't know, we have to discuss it, but we don't have time to give them the floor.

If we give them the floor, we will not finish our session.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Tijani, it's Olivier speaking. That's fine. The GNSO council could then start at 9:30 [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...give us half an hour there, that's fine. That was the first question. Second question, is that it really goes to this starting point, this first session, and also to the early morning interactions with the SO and AC chairs. So that's on Tuesday and on Wednesday morning, when we invite the SO and AC chairs to come and talk to our community.

That takes place very early on, on Tuesday it takes place from 7:30 until 8:00, and on Wednesday, it takes place from eight to something, eight to 8:55...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, sorry to interrupt. It's the same time on Tuesday and Wednesday. 7:30 to 8:25.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Why has that changed?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's nowhere in the schedule.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Why has that changed Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, sorry. My mistake. I see that now. It's 8:55, sorry.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: So now, the question has nothing to do with the timing, the question is to do that the GNSO is a very special animal, in that the chair of the GNSO is actually the chair of the GNSO counsel, and does not represent the stakeholder groups of the GNSO, and therefore, we are asked, or have been asked by the stakeholder group chairs, if they can come and speak to our community.

What I would recommend is that we also invite the stakeholder group chairs to come to our opening ceremony, without speaking, and now what I do have to ask then is whether the SO and AC chairs addressing

the ATLAS II participants should be SO, AC, and SG chairs addressing the ATLAS participants, or if we stick to the SO and AC chairs?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, thank you. Olivier, they are welcome, but we have a time constraint. If you find a way to arrange that within this slots, these two slots of time, I think it is a problem for us. It would be better if we have them to speak to our community, but the problem is a problem of time, that's all. For inviting them for the opening, I don't have, personally I don't have any problem.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. So far I've heard no, not to invite the SG chairs to speak to the community, because the other question was what's going to be the format for this. If it's going to be a panel form, we could have those SG chairs sitting on the panel. So far, the response that I have had from the SO and AC chairs, for some that they might be busy at that time anyway, so they might not be able to make it.

Some have already been confirmed that they will be able to make it, but the response hasn't been that great. It's interesting to see that the SO

and AC chairs have responding too happily, because they're still waiting for their schedules, yet the SG chairs are asking to be able to speak.

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo. Is this conversation something that we can take offline? Do we have to decide this now?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: We can take it offline. I'm just asking the question now. If we can have an answer offline within the next 24 hours, that's great.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Let's do this by email, because we're taking some of the time from Glenn. Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, I want to respond to Olivier. I think that's a good idea, and I do agree with Tijani, if there is no time restraints, then it could be ineffectual. But if we have poor representation, the concept goes down the drain. So just, as Olivier said, he's asking for people's opinion.

I support the idea, it's just mechanics, like Tijani was saying. Since I have the floor, do not rush this. Please, Eduardo, I'm ceding time to you. If everyone is okay. We don't have a huge schedule in the Fayre of Opportunities, so please, Eduardo, take as much time as you want.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Heidi, do you want to go, or anybody wants to keep going through the schedule?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. I think actually, for the most part, we're okay. You know, we've reached agreement on how we're going to move forward on the development of the plenary draft agendas, the thematic groups, the [?] groups are coming along. We have a wiki page up for that, that's in progress.

The ALT has talked about the ALAC and regional officer meetings. So I think we're okay, actually. This has been useful.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you Heidi. Let's take the other conversation offline. My opinion on that one is that we should inclusive to the people that we think should be there. So, you know, I will attempt to have the people that we think we need to have, and it will be a matter of the way, we can have all of these people, and we it depends on the format, and we can, you know, [?] we have, we will work with that and the formats, like if you have a panel and so forth.

So for that input, the communications group, or PR group, or the mentoring people, I don't see anybody in the call. I know the newsletter, it came out last night, and I thank the communications group and Dev, and Heidi, and staff, that worked very hard in getting that newsletter out. And we are looking forward to more to come. Olivier, if you want to update us on the sponsorship.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So on the sponsorship, as you will have noticed, we received sponsorship for Affilas to have a dinner in a put that will take place outside of the venue. We also have a sponsorship from PIR, for lunch on the Sunday lunch that will take place just down the road as well again, in the hotel [AUDIO FADEOUT]

...so that will be, these are the two main things. We've received sponsorship from Google, which can be allocated for when we require funding. I'm still searching, so after Facebook, [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...I think it's embarrassing with regards to Facebook [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...I will send another email today and then [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...then same thing also for VeriSign, they said, "Yes, we want to go ahead with it." And they have not basically been [?], which I think is terrible.

Then we have asked Microsoft, and they are actually sponsoring the whole ICANN meeting, and so they are one of the main sponsors of the whole ICANN meeting. I contacted them, asked whether they could ask for the ICANN meeting team to allocate [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...the At Large summit, and the response was, this is not [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...we don't tell the organization how to sponsor and how they have to use the funds.

So that, the [AUDIO FADEOUT]... so I'm waiting for some feedback on a couple of these, including [?] sponsorship from [?], dot [?] people, and so far there hasn't been any feedback on that. I've also [AUDIO FADEOUT] ...thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. Any comment on any of this? If not, we can log off officially, you can [?] this meeting. And like I suggested last time, we're going to have a weekly meeting from now on, just to, it should be briefer than this meeting, but we need to get together once a week, because it is moving really fast, very close to the event.

I ask staff to Doodle a specific time next Thursday, mostly because of Cheryl's timeframes, and all of these people's timeframes. So we'll find out the best time to do it next Thursday. So with that in my mind, during this meeting, and please, the people that are in the Fayre of Opportunities, I will invite you to the next meeting, which is now happening. And I'm going to pass the leadership to Glenn to tell us, follow the agenda there.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]