
TERRI AGNEW:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the At-Large Summit II Organizing Committee call on Friday the 2nd of May, 2014 at 16:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Glenn McKnight, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Eduardo Diaz, Wolf Ludwig, Pastor Peters, Roberto Gaetano, Siranush Vardanyan, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Jordi Iparraguirre, and Stephane Van Gelder. We have no apologies.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang, Silvia Vivanco, Susie Johnson, Gisella Gruber; and myself, Terri Agnew.

I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and back over to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Terri, thank you so much. Welcome, everyone, to the ATLAS II Organizing Committee call. I think everybody received the agenda. Does anyone have anything to add or change to agenda? If not –yep? There's somebody. Okay. If not, we can start with Carlos. I don't know if Carlos is online. Carlos Reyes, please, if you can, say the action items that you have in the agenda and just give us a brief status update of those. Thank you.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

CARLOS REYES: Thank you, Eduardo. An update on action item #29, I update the ATLAS II participants' page as changes are made, so it's current as of today. And again, like last time, we're just waiting on assigning the thematic groups and the mentors. So I will update that information once that is determined. Any questions about action item #29?

All right, I'll go ahead and proceed to my next action item, and that's action item #32 about ATLAS II communications for the RALOs. I know several RALOs have already sent or send regular updates on ATLAS II. So I know Silvia has been very good about encouraging that. So we'll continue to do that as ATLAS II approaches. Any questions or concerns?

Okay. And my last action item is—

EDUARDO DIAZ: Carlos, this is Eduardo.

CARLOS REYES: Yes, Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ: So can we consider that action item complete? We're going to continue doing that, okay?

CARLOS REYES: Yes, yes. I think if we want to consider it complete, it's just something we'll continue to do leading up to the event in June.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Continue, please.

CARLOS REYES: Thanks, Eduardo. Action item #35, the thematic working groups were determined in Singapore and a survey to be sent to ATLAS II participants. Right now, we're just waiting on the abstracts from a few groups. I've only seen I think maybe one or two that have been completed. The survey is complete, and once we have the abstracts, that will be sent to the participants.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. I think we're going to cover that when we talked about the event and the details on the thematic. Thank you, Carlos. Anybody has a comment? Glenn? Glenn, please. You have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes. Actually, as you pointed out, Eduardo, we'll probably get to it. But Dev and I were discussing that this morning. I think it's absolutely critical we nail down the abstracts because the themes are – they duplicate a lot. Four of the five are very, very similar. So I'd be very interested to see what the abstracts are. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Glenn. Any comments? I think we're going to address that detail. We're going to address the details when we talk about the event. Heidi, you're next, please. Can you say the action item give us a brief update? Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi, Eduardo. I'm here.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Oh, you are, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, I'm just trying to get the list. I'm 9 and 31, okay. Ask Constituency Travel about visa application invitation letters for ATLAS II participants and ensure that the list of approved travelers was sent to the foreign office for distribution to the U.K. embassies and U.K. consulates around the world.

Yes, I followed up with senior meeting staff and Sally Costerton on that, and I have not yet received a response yet. I'm just checking my e-mails for the day and, yeah, nothing on that one yet. So I'll follow up again on that.

And then the other one, #31, update on room assignments for ATLAS summit events as follows: ATLAS II plenary, thematic sessions, and Fayre of Opportunities.

So, yeah. As the same on that, is that it's the Windsor Suite for all of those. Well, the thematic sessions are going to be in five breakout rooms. I believe that the Windsor Suite's going to be divided into two and then there will be three others.

The good news on the Fayre of Opportunities is that earlier this week, the ALT asked if the wires were protected from the start of the meeting, whether people will be – what I'm calling them the RALO table hosts, the people that are going to be actually at each of the RALO tables talking to people – whether they could stand within the U if the wires were protected. And the good news is that IT staff has come back and said yes, that could be done. So if those people didn't move around too much within the U-shape, that those people could stand inside the U. So that's a good progress, I think. That means that some people can then stand within the U and draw people to their particular RALO table.

So that's the update on those two. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Thank you, Heidi. So just to clarify, we're saying that the U-shaped tables are going to stay – all of them are going to stay there. And people will be able to – whoever is presenting the different things for each RALO will be inside the U-shape. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, Eduardo. Yes. So, again, the IT staff has said that they can protect the wires to enable a few people – not too many – to stand within the U of the U-shape so that they can draw people to their RALO tables.

So I was assuming that as in Mexico City, the first summit, there were a few people that were the RALO hosts for each of the tables. I mean, they can shift off and on but there were people that would stay there by the RALO tables talking to people, discussing what was on their particular table.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I have Glenn. Glenn, please, go ahead. Any comments?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. During the Argentina showcase that we had, I actually spent a lot of time inside the U area because I was taking photographs and video of the speakers. There's very little tripping hazard. The technicians, if they wire the stuff and use bungee cords or ties, there's virtually no tripping hazard if they do it properly. The question is that we have to have enough advance time to take the mics off the table so that nothing gets damaged. But it's completely doable.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I know, Glenn, we [inaudible] to go next. So why don't we continue this conversation about the U-shape, because I have a couple questions. Olivier, you have the floor, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you very much, Eduardo. So I'm looking at the page which deals with the Fayre and it has a plan of our setup with the page. I wish it was a little bit bigger than that, but it's kind of small.

But I'm seeing that the U, the size in the middle of the U, is actually sizable and thinking of our past Us, with the two projectors in the front and with the – if you take the seats away, we still have those tables. I don't know. The room is already small. I'm very concerned about having 200-and-something people in that room. We're not going to be able to fit 200 people in that room. That was my first thing.

And the second questions was that I wanted to find out what the format of the Fayre was now, but maybe we can do that afterwards, when Glenn provides us with his update.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Olivier. That was one of my concerns, because I don't know if we will be able to fit not only the ALSes. I mean, we're going to take the chairs out; I understand that. But moving the chairs out, that doesn't mean you get a lot of extra room. And we're going to be tight. The 160 ALSes that are going to be there and plus staff. And now, after that [inaudible], I don't know if we will all fit in that room because there's a big chunk of space behind the tables. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Eduardo. I'd like to share your concern and the concern of Olivier regarding the room. It is really a problem. I don't expect that we will reach out goal in making our Fayre of Opportunities in this room with these tables there, and I think it is still time to think about alternatives. I don't have any suggestions because I don't know the venue. I don't know what is around the venue. But I think that we need

to think about it if we want the Fayre of Opportunities to be successful as we planned for it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Olivier, you still have your hand up. You want to speak?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, thank you very much, Eduardo. So on yesterday's ALT call, I did ask the question to staff – or maybe it was afterwards, [inaudible]. It appears that the GAC will be having a high-level meeting on that day and is requesting to be in the main hall. So that's the main plenary hall where the welcome ceremony takes place, etc.

If they do get that hall, whatever is supposed to happen in that hall will then move somewhere else and it's likely to move over to the GAC room. Either that, or will be going to the secondary room, which I think is available on nearly the same size as the main hall but slightly smaller.

In any case, I wonder if staff could check if that GAC room could be emptied early, in which case, we would not be changing the positions of any of the things that are there. Because I know that the GAC will be now in a classroom-style or this sort of a kind of classroom-style but at least we will have more space and we will be able to assemble [inaudible] everywhere. And maybe just move some of the seats away, the audience seats and assemble on the audience seats side of things.

I understand the GAC room is huge. Huge as in large and a lot larger. The room where we are supposed to go, our own room, is good for the ALAC but if we're not able to use the middle of that U-shape, I frankly

don't see 200 people in there. We have to remember, there's 160 At-Large Structures, plus staff, plus anyone we invite there – except, of course, if we just want to be with each other – plus the fact that we will have the translation/interpretation booth that will be in there. And I understand that there's also displays and there will be some refreshments, as well. I don't know where that will be served.

I'm just really saying I'm very concerned and we really need to look at this while we still have time, because otherwise, we're going to have a real problem. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. So, Heidi, can you talk to meeting staff again? See if these alternatives are something that are doable? Check with them?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Sorry, I was on mute. Yes, Eduardo. I can follow up again; see what kind of alternatives there are to that room.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So let's see if we can get a response by next week, if possible. I know it's hard to control but we're very getting closer to the event and we're still here talking about this U-shape and the fact that we're not going to fit in that room. You're talking about 200 people plus 100 that – it's going to be very hard to move. It's going to be very cumbersome place to do this event.

In any case, I have Pastor Peters. You have the floor, please. Pastor, we cannot hear you. You might be muted.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Eduardo, Pastor's question is not to do with the room or the planning of the Fayre but it's to do with his logistics of travel.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Let me see, he's – oh, okay. He says in the chat: also, few weeks to the event, the Travel Team is yet to reach out to participants with travel plans.

If staff can answer that in the chat, I will really appreciate it so we can continue with the agenda. And if not, we can take that at the end. Thank you. Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Eduardo. I'd like to follow up on what Olivier said. He said if we cannot get inside the U-shape, it will be impossible. I say that even if we go inside the U-shape, imagine this event with people standing up from most parts of the U-shape, how they will communicate? How they will move? Which will be really a problem. I would like you to try to think about alternatives more than try to find more space in the same room. There is not more space. It is only that. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Tijani. Heidi, you have the floor. You [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you, Eduardo. Regarding Pastor Peters' question about the travel, it's my understanding that Constituency Travel has reached out to – sent [inaudible] welcome e-mails to those ALS participants going to the summit. So everyone should have, by now, received a welcome e-mail.

Now, Pastor Peters, in your case, I believe there was a relatively late switch in the representatives going from your ALS, so that might be the reason for the delay. But I can also follow up with Joseph on that point. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Heidi. So moving next to the item in the agenda, Glenn, can we talk a bit about the Fayre of Opportunities? Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Sure can. That item we just discussed the last ten minutes. Using the room with the U, no U, or an alternative room has been an issue that has been brought up every single call we've had with the Fayre. So I'm hoping by next week – and I notice that Cheryl agrees – if we can use a larger alternative room just for the Fayre, maybe the GAC room will be perfect. So I'm looking forward to the alternative solution, hopefully.

Okay, so let me move away from logistics for a minute. We've set up a page. It's in the planning for the RALO music playlist. So we felt we have – apparently, Cheryl says she's got a good playlist that Nancy will supply for APRALO. I'm still looking for the LACRALO music playlist. EURALO

said they've completed theirs. They just need to post it on the page. And NARALO has done a lot of songs already. I'm still waiting for more English songs from our members as well. So the list is there.

The third thing is we assigned people – volunteers – to be the people in charge of their tables. So just want to remind people, the [RALOs], to organize your material. Make sure you have your brochures, whatever colors your RALO had. Make sure you have [inaudible] your [inaudible] your team. And I also brought up the issue of banners, as well.

And the last point is our speaker. So we did have a speaker in mind earlier. I wonder if we can get an update from PR whether or not we have our main speaker for the event. Back to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Glenn. I have a question. Is there a page in the Wiki that has an agenda or a draft agenda of the things that are going to happen time-by-time that we can [refer to]?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes. Yes, I'll grab the link and post it in the chat.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay, because we have to somehow fine-tune the agenda and sum up exactly what is going to happen time-by-time so everybody knows what to expect.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yep, that's right.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, thank you so much, Glenn. Any comments about Glenn's [inaudible], our Fayre of Opportunities? Olivier, please. You have a comment. You have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Eduardo. So as far as a speaker is concerned, I, too, first would like to see the agenda because I can't find it. I looked for it. So, please, I look forward to see that.

As far as the speaker's concerned, we've been looking for a number of people. So far, there isn't anybody that's written down as being confirmed, to my knowledge. Now, it might be that staff has got other information, as well.

But I have [inaudible] with Vint Cerf to have the video message and we will be able to get a video message from Vint, so that will be – I think I was going to ask him for something like a minute, maximum, because anything over a minute will probably be too long.

I wonder whether you would like anyone else to also send in a video message – a one-minute message – just a quick heads up and say, "Hi, welcome to all the At-Large Structures," this sort of thing. I know that there are video messages done by the ALSes themselves but maybe we'd like to sprinkle it with people from the Hall of Fame.

Now, that's one. The other thing is – and that's a very wild guess – I'm off to London next week. I'm going to try and work and see if we can obtain someone of the stature like Richard Branson, because I think that he's got what it takes with regards to public speaking and definitely be a bit of a special treat for our ALSes.

There's been some discussion for other potential speakers. All of the names which have been suggested so far and were passed onto the local PR firm have come back as no so far. The NETmundial meeting let us come across a young lady called [Neneh], who was a very, very good speaker at NETmundial. Alan Greenberg and I went to speak to her. Well, she sent me a note after I gave her my card and I have to follow up with her to provide her with details of the Fayre and what it is. I haven't got such details so I would be very appreciative if I could have more details of what the Fayre is and something that is in a presentable package.

Tim Berners-Lee, I also spoke with. He was not that impressive. He followed on after [Neneh], so it was very difficult to be impressive after [Neneh] spoke, because she brought so much energy to the room. But Tim Berners-Lee basically said, "I'm sorry. I'm not going to be in London at the time," so he kindly declined. And that's unfortunate, but that's life.

And with regards to anyone else, there was some discussion that I had with Sebastien about having the Prince Albert of Monaco. Upon hindsight, afterwards, I wondered [inaudible] why would Prince Albert be of interest to our ALSes apart from being a prince? But that's not really what we're all about, so that was one.

Then there was also a thought about having the French new representative [inaudible]. She's the new representative for the French ministry on IT issues and Sebastien has brought forward and suggested that she could come and speak to us. She is based in London, so she's also on the card [inaudible]. But we're still looking for a keynote speaker. Thank you, Fatima. Yes, [Neneh Quin Quan Ma] – some name that's very difficult to pronounce. Thank you. That's all, for the time being.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you so much, Olivier. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Eduardo. I know [Neneh] since 2002 and she's a friend of mine. She's a very good person, but she's a [inaudible] activist: more human rights, more lobbying for civil society values, etc. So if we want someone who is charismatic Internet-wise, she is not the right one. But if we want someone who talks very good, who comes from the South – she's Nigerian – and who is very passionate, [Neneh] is perfect.

I think that in our case, perhaps the representative of Europe would be good to speak in our Fayre of Opportunity if she is in London. The problem is [inaudible] to have people in London during our event. This is the problem. But we can think about alternatives.

At the end, [Neneh] is wonderful. She is always passionate like this and she always make people [inaudible] when she speak. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Tijani. Olivier, please, you have a comment? You have the floor. Olivier, we cannot hear you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank very much, Eduardo. And I've fallen prey to pressing the button to mute myself rather than unmute myself at the time. I was just going to add maybe we can give guidelines on what whoever is invited should be speaking about. In general, speakers do ask and say, "Well, what kind of an audience is it and what would they like to hear?" And I thought one essential topic would effectively be pioneering spirit of the multi-stakeholder model, because that's really what we're all about. So that's why [Neneh] felt as a good person to give our ALSes an energy to feel good about the multi-stakeholder model and wanting to be involved.

Now, as I said, we are exploring several opportunities, several different ways. There might be also the idea of inviting someone from the European Commission, maybe, to come over and to speak to us.

But there is a concern that I do have, also, is that at the moment, ICANN as a whole is also looking for several keynote speakers. And so we know that there is a GAC high-level meeting that is going to take place on the same day and that will bring people – the senior politicians [over]. So we might be able to get several senior politicians to speak as well.

But do we want to have a standard speech or what kind of a speech do we want? What really is the topic that we'd like to have? And that might be able to help us and to guide us into what direction and what kind of a speaker would [inaudible]. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Jean-Jacques, please. You have the floor.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Yes, hello. Sorry I arrived a few minutes late on this call. Following on Olivier's comments, would it be possible, Olivier, for you to ask or to suggest that staff check with the ICANN leadership – I mean, Fadi's team – whether Nellie Kroes has been invited by ICANN leadership. If not, then maybe we should try to get her because if you look at the overall picture of where various institutions and countries like to be, with respect to the user perspective of the global Internet, I think it can be argued that the European Commission is one of the most forward-looking and has already at its disposal a certain legislative framework.

So asking the top person in the European Commission to speak at ATLAS II, I would think be a good idea. I got your point that she may be already engaged by someone else. Especially I was thinking by the ICANN leadership. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Let's move forward with the agenda, otherwise we will not finish [inaudible]. I mean, the speaker is a big thing, and the Public Relations Group is looking for that speaker. I don't know if Murray is on the call but I'm definitely going to send him an e-mail and see if he can hear this conversation and take it from there and see if we can move forward with some of these names and finding, like Olivier said, we have to be

very clear as to what is this person [inaudible] to talk about. Pastor, please. You have the floor.

PASTOR PETERS: Good afternoon, everybody. Can you hear me?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Very, very far away, Pastor, [inaudible].

PASTOR PETERS: Okay. I have a [inaudible] [inaudible]. I have some questions but I wouldn't know even what [inaudible] question to ask.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Pastor, we can barely hear you. It's very hard to hear. Is any way you write this in the chat so everybody can see it? Thank you.

PASTOR PETERS: Yeah, I have. I have written it in the chat a long time ago and I received no response.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I gather [inaudible] it was the question he had put in the chat earlier. If that's the case, Pastor Peters, Heidi did respond to you. So I believe that matter's dealt with. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

PASTOR PETERS: I lost the connection there when Heidi responded [inaudible].

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, Pastor. We have a problem hearing you. You're very, very, very far away. So I suggest that you write down in the chat again and we can answer your question there. Is that okay?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Eduardo, I can tell you what he said now. He said that he lost connection. That's why he didn't hear and that's why asking again. That's all.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So do you want to speak again? Hello, Pastor? We cannot hear you, Pastor. So I suggest you write it on the chat and we'll take it from there. I'm sorry.

Okay, so let's move forward and see if Pastor can get back to us one way or another. Glenn, please. You have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay. So earlier on, I could not find my original draft agenda for the event. I'm not sure where it went. It may have disappeared, but I created a draft agenda for a few people's feedback. So I put it in the action item for feedback from everyone.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much, Glenn. So next on the agenda is Tijani. Please, you have the floor, now. Let's talk about events.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. Yes, thank you, Eduardo. As for the agenda of the events, we recently received an e-mail from Steve Crocker, who wants to organize an open mic session which will clash with our plenary of Thursday. And the open mic session will be for everyone, so we need to be there. That will make us conflicting with our plenary of Thursday, which is four hours long.

I want to remind you that this plenary is for wrap-up and for finalizing and adopting the final document of the summit, which will be given and perhaps read in the public [Board] meeting or something like this.

Heidi proposed other alternatives for this session, two alternatives, whether it will be earlier in the morning or lunchtime. And we don't have yet the final proposal for this.

This has to be decided on according to the final decision about the open mic session of Steve. I can ask Heidi if she has more information about

that. Otherwise, we can go to other things. But Heidi, can you give us the last update of that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, Tijani. Thank you. If I could just first talk a little bit about the proposed schedule for the ATLAS, and that would be to hold the final plenary on Thursday from 7:00 to 10:00, and then have a final wrap-up for the ALAC between 12:30 and 1:30 and that's the lunchtime.

So right now, what I'm hearing is that is it going to be on Thursday. I think that the Monday, there was some talk of the event moving to Monday, but given the high-level meeting of the GAC on that day, I think that would be just too complicated. So Thursday's the latest that I've heard, and that would be the schedule. If the Organizing Committee accepts that time, then I'm going to try to get some sort of breakfast and lunch provided for everyone on Thursday.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Tijani, may I interrupt?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. Go ahead, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I am confused. What is this open mic? Can you explain what this open mic meeting is?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Session, yeah. It is an open discussion about the transition and about the transition as a whole.

EDUARDO DIAZ: You mean the IANA [inaudible]?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: It is the hot topic – IANA, yeah, yeah.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: So this is the topic that will be discussed in this open mic session.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. And okay, [inaudible].

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: As Heidi said, it is not yet decided definitively that it will be on Thursday but most likely it will be on Thursday. And in this case, we will be

obliged to make our plenary early in the morning for two hours and then continue during lunchtime. Okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: So perhaps, Heidi, you will follow up with the Board about the final date of their open mic session. And if it decide on Thursday, I would ask the Organizing Committee to approve this proposal because we don't have any other solution for our wrap-up session and our last plenary of the summit.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Tijani, Olivier wants to comment on this, I guess. So Olivier, you have the floor and then Cheryl will go next. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Eduardo. I realize just listening to this as a passenger on this boat that people [will be] very confused on this call because we did discuss this on the ALT call earlier this week but we haven't said a word outside that yet. If you don't read the ALT or listen to the ALT, you're not going to know what it is.

So the thing is that Steve Crocker has basically sent an e-mail to the SO and AC Chairs and suggested that there could be a change of the scheduling on the Thursday. And so, the Thursday session would have

first a public session, which would be formatted in exactly the same way as the NETmundial session. So we'd have the four mics: one for government, one for civil society, one for private sector, and one for academia and technical community. And to have the NTIA topic discussed over in the big room, basically.

Which means that this would take place from 10:00 until 12:00, I think, in the morning. And then the afternoon would start again at 1:00 or 1:30 and would go on with the public forum, and then go on with the Board meeting at the end.

But that effectively makes a bit of a problem for our wrap-up. Originally, we were going to have a big, three-hour slot which was going to include both having the statement or drafting the final statement of all of the – sorry, approving the final reports of all of the different working groups and also for the ALAC to approve any statement that it wishes to be [inaudible].

The idea now is that this could all be moved forward earlier, so it would start at 7:00 in the morning and we would have, first, [inaudible] from 7:00 to 10:00 – or 7:00 to 9:30, I can't remember – the first few hours would be to do with the summit and having the finalization of those reports. And then the lunch slot, the 12:00 to 13:00, would be just the ALAC wrap-up, that would be a very compressed ALAC wrap-up.

The one negative thing I can see from this is that it will make a very, very long day. And so, at the moment, we're trying to work out with staff whether we could have breakfast served at 7:00 for the participants and whether we could have some kind of packed lunch or

something from the ALAC at lunch. Otherwise, they're not going to get any food whatsoever.

And that's the thing so far. It's all a matter of cost at the moment, so we're trying to work something out on that. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. Cheryl, you have the floor now. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks. Thank you, Eduardo. Just following on – famously, as it appears – from Olivier and we are [inaudible] behind-the-scenes as promised. I [was] going to follow on and say two things.

[inaudible] has instructed a number of [inaudible] if it is accepted that there will need to flexibility for various meetings, including wrap-up sessions. So pretty much all parts of ICANN's support organizations and advisory committees.

And I might also say just a tiny bit of usual work that the NomCom does, as well, will now have to be squeeze in to the before 10:00 time slot. And to that, I'd like to do things. First of all, say we need to accept this and work with this as highly probable and therefore plan for it. And a breakfast and a packed lunch seems like the only way that this can work from an [ATLAS] perspective, because we can't starve our people and having them dropping in the corridors through low blood sugar.

But the question of cost should not be a consideration that we should be concerned about. This is part of the role of the stewardship

discussion that has been imposed upon ICANN generally. It should not be a consideration of it even coming out of our budget. This is simply a cost of ICANN doing business. And if there is any question about the [inaudible] of having the 160 individuals [served] a breakfast and given a packed lunch so that then ICANN can have these very valuable end-user and grassroots and civil society and organization representatives involved in one of the rare opportunities for genuine global outreach, then, Olivier, you, me, and a whole lot of other current and past leaders need to sit down and have a serious chat with our Board. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Cheryl. Olivier, you have the hand up. You have the floor. Oh, I guess not. So thank you for all the comments and let's – Tijani, you want to comment about the thematic sessions and how is that going? Or Wolf, either?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. For the thematic sessions, we have to constitute the groups very soon, and that's why Wolf is working very hard to have one paragraph for each team to be added to the survey to be launched very, very soon so that we can constitute all the groups.

I want to remind you that we have written constraints. We don't have equal-capacity rooms for the five groups. So we have two big rooms but we have three small rooms. So we need to go on forming those groups so that we can accommodate the group where we have less people in the small rooms. And if any case we have a problem with that, we will

ask people perhaps to reconsider their choice because we cannot make the room big. This is the situation for the thematic groups.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Tijani. The question is when are these [abstracts] going to be ready, do you think, so we can send the survey? Before you answer that, let me – Wolf, you have the floor and then we go back to you, Tijani. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes. As Tijani mentioned already. I sent a first invitation to the Subject Matter Expert on 18th of April, so it is more than two weeks ago. This somehow coincided with the fact that most of the subject matter experts are rather busy the following week with NETmundial in São Paulo. That's why some of them didn't respond immediately.

I sent another reminder on the 27th of April and I'm now pushing them to submit abstracts for each breakout session and three to five sub-questions answered on their topic the next days. So I'm behind them and I hope we will get and have all the abstracts completed by the beginning of next week.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you, Wolf. Tijani, do you want to add or are we done with your events?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Wolf said everything. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So let's move on and thank you, Tijani and Wolf, for all the updates. Carlos Reyes, I don't know if he's online but I think Natalia is online. If you can give us an update on the newsletter and the website, please? And I believe Dev is also online, so any of you can give a brief update of what's happening in your group.

NATALIA ENCISO: Hello. [inaudible] update [inaudible] newsletter.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, Natalia, we hear you very, very, very, very far away.

NATALIA ENCISO: Can you hear me now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Now we can hear you.

NATALIA ENCISO: I can give the update. I will ask Dev to give the update, since he's working on the newsletter and the website with the IT staff.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Dev, can you give us an update? Dev, you might be muted.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes. Yes, I was muted. With regards to the website, I already have been working with the staff to really do a website. Only that was posted by At-Large staff to the Communications Group, which [inaudible] and I responded to [inaudible] website.

What I have proposed [inaudible] on our Wiki as a temporary measure. And so the questions that come up from the ICANN [inaudible] put some attention to this. And the reason there will be [inaudible] give it this attention, but because of the re-launch of the ICANN.org website, which I think is more or less done.

So the question there [inaudible] regarding the website was posted, I think, about five days ago? Four days ago? And those questions were answers. And I believe that [inaudible] comments on those questions [inaudible].

In regards to the newsletter, what our group has done is put them on Wiki. This is what is going to be our newsletter. And [inaudible] share what [inaudible] that draft newsletter looks like [inaudible]. The [inaudible] perhaps [inaudible] section. Interviewers of the day regarding the [inaudible] summit. The upcoming capacity building event on the 5th regarding the Policy Development Process. A reference to the

past capacity building event, where you can find the presentation. And a link going to the [inaudible] information that's been provided by one of the sub-working groups in the Communications Group. I hope I answered those questions.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Heidi, you have your hand up, please. You have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. This is not for the newsletter. This is just going back to the Wiki page. In addition to the ATLAS II website – and I just wanted to stress that those are seen as very different. The ATLAS II website is moving along. We're going to be having a call with the developers of that, from the Communications Working Group this next week with our IT staff, so we can move that forward. And the Wiki page, you can see that that is the tree that Ariel just posted, the proposed tree on that.

You'll know that, from past meetings, staff used the Wiki page for the development of meeting agendas, among other points. For example, an action item page, a page to ask the developed questions for the GAC or for the ccNSO or for the Board. And this is really crucial for staff to use this, because we access the Wiki on a daily basis while we cannot access the website. So we're hoping that everyone understand the need for both a website, which is going to have a lot of material on it, as well, as well as a Wiki page for logistical reasons.

So we're going to be posting a Wiki page for the London meeting, which obviously incorporates the ATLAS, so we can start developing the

meetings and the meeting agendas. So we just wanted to point that out and see if there are any questions about that. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Heidi. I have a question. This page that is called ATLAS II Summit Page and I just need clarification. This is like where everything's going to be posted eventually? I mean, everything that is happening in the ATLAS event?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No. So again, as the ATLAS II website develops, that's going to be a site for the community to post what they would like on it, as well. And obviously, they'll be working with our web admin team to help them in the development of that.

The Wiki page is primarily to serve as a place where At-Large staff can follow up the agendas for the meetings in cooperation with the chairs of the group. So we can go in there – and we go in there constantly to update agendas, etc. So it's primarily a site where we can develop the agendas.

But in addition, as we've viewed that kind of page for past meetings, we also put in pages where the community can develop, post questions for meetings with the GAC, meeting with the Board, etc. But there's also a work space where we post our action items. So again, all the action items that are taken during the ATLAS plenaries, the breakouts, or the ALAC meetings, the general assemblies, all those are going to go on to our Wiki page because At-Large staff have access to that. Okay?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I see them as complementary. So you have a website that is community-designed and then you have a Wiki page that the staff will be accessing, but it's a place where there's cooperation from the community as well, because everyone has posting rights on that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you, Heidi, for the clarification. Dev, I have a question for you. Do you think that the newsletter will come out sometime next week?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: That's the thing. Well, the newsletter makes reference to the May 5th [inaudible] session. But I do want get this sent out this weekend. [inaudible] questions based on the communications list as to some of the contents of the newsletter and [inaudible] to the travel information. So that's being looked at. I'm going to [inaudible] communication [inaudible]. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Dev. So if I hear you well, you're planning to send this first newsletter during the weekend. Is that correct?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yeah, that's the goal.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Hopefully, the content issue will be sorted out later today. Well, I have to work with staff to see how the newsletter itself can be transmitted to all of the participants. Because what we are attempting to do is to personalize it. So if you look at the template, again, you'll see that, [inaudible] hello, first name, last name. So it will be like a mail merge, so to speak, to bring [inaudible]. So each newsletter is personalized.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you, Dev. Any comments about this? Any comments about the updates from the Communications Group? If not, we're very getting closer to the top of the hour. I don't think Murray is here in the call. Fatima is here. Can Fatima give us a brief update of what's happening in the mentoring program, please? Thank you.

FATIMA CAMBRONERO: Thanks, Eduardo. Yes, I told Olivier sent an e-mail to the Mentoring Program mailing list. And the mailing list is working. But we were working off-list with Eduardo and Heidi to make minor change in the draft of Mentoring Program. We are position some details with Eduardo and we'll publish today the draft of the Mentoring Program to ask comments to the group.

You also have asked me to identify the people of their own RALO to come serve as mentors and I am waiting for their response now, and also we are working in setting up the Wiki to put the names of the mentors and mentees and to make the different groups.

And after this call, I will talk with Heidi and Eduardo to coordinate the [inaudible] issues. And that's all for now. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Fatima. Any comments about what Fatima said? If not, let's talk a little bit about the sponsorship. Olivier, give us a brief comment about the sponsorship and then we go to Cheryl and we wrap-up the call. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Eduardo. So I have sent an e-mail to the sponsorship mailing list, and at the moment, the status is as follows: Google has pledged \$10,000 that we can allocate to any of the activities that we are going to have. Afiliás will organize and fund a pub dinner for all At-Large Structures on Saturday, the 21st of June. So it would be Saturday evening, basically. We're yet to work out the details of this.

The Public Internet Registry has pledged to fund the lunch either on the Saturday or on the Sunday of the plenary. But we need to confirm the date as soon as possible. And we are going – we as being Heidi and myself and I think a couple of other people – will be having a call with the people from Public Internet Registry to get you the details right. And also with the ICANN meeting people, of course. And that lunch on

Saturday or Sunday, depending on whether it is Saturday or Sunday, will take place either in our hotel or in the Paddington Hilton, which is just down the road.

Microsoft unfortunately has declined sponsoring ATLAS II this year. It is a gold sponsor for the whole ICANN meeting. What I will do – I received those news quite recently, but I will ask from Jean-Jacques Sahel, who now works for ICANN, to see what Microsoft puts in in their contract which would not allocate part of the money that they give to sponsor the whole ICANN meeting and allocate at least a small chunk of it over to ATLAS II.

Verisign, I have received a green light from the senior vice president and general manager of mailing services, Patrick Kane, when I met with him in Singapore. And I'm currently waiting a follow up from Keith Drazek, because that comes from his budget. But Keith works under Patrick, so hopefully this will push it forward.

Facebook has spoken to Erika Mann, who is an ICANN Board member but is also a senior person in Facebook, and she has given me details that apparently they would like to sponsor us. [inaudible] the full details of what kind of sponsorship we need and I'm yet to receive a confirmation from Facebook, as well.

I've sent an e-mail to a contact to get an introduction to the right people at LinkedIn and I'm awaiting response. I've also sent an e-mail to Lesley Cowley who, until today, was working for Nominet and it has been announced that she is leaving her position as CEO of Nominet. But Lesley has very kindly e-mailed me back from her private account and

said that she will introduce me to the person, a senior manager in charge of [CENTR] which is a European registry community.

It's worth noting that Nominet doesn't have any funds themselves, because Nominet is sponsoring the Commonwealth Forum that will take place in the two days prior to our At-Large summit. But at the same time, though, each registry – a few registries pledged, let's say, \$1,000 each which isn't really much for each one of them, then we can very quickly make \$10,000 that we can then allocate to some of our work.

And finally, I've sent an e-mail to the chairs and CEOs of the Regional Internet Registry, as well as an e-mail to Louie Lee, who is the Chair of the ASO and I've asked whether the RIRs would be able to pledge some funding.

I'm yet to do one more thing, which is not on the list yet, and that's to try and get hold of some of the past sponsors, like CIRA, for example. I will send an e-mail to Byron Holland and ask whether they might be interested in sponsoring a little bit more, as well.

As you know, it's all about the money, and the more money we have, the more we would be able to fund for our activities. And using [inaudible] means, for example, funding some of the breakfast for our colleagues, then that would be something to pursue. That's all for the time being and thank you. Back to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. I have three people online to talk, so please be brief. We are already past the hour. Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, I will be very brief. I'd like just to tell you that I invited Jean-Jacques Sahel to be at this call, but unfortunately, he has a call for the whole day today. And I will ask the staff to invite him in the future in all our calls, all the sub-groups, because he is the vice Chair for Europe and he can help us in some cases. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Jean-Jacques, please, you have floor.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Eduardo. My question goes to Olivier. Olivier, you remember when I had [shifted] contact with Tim Berners-Lee. Actually, it was for two things. One that he could be a speaker, and on that point, you have already replied that he gave a negative response.

The other side of it was that I had suggested that in addition to all these large corporations such as Google and Microsoft, etc., it would be meaningful to have sponsors from another sector activity who are much more inclined to look at the user perspective and the user experience. And I was thinking of the W3C, of which [inaudible] is liaised to Sandra and [inaudible].

So I think that whether or not he brings a small sum of money, in any case, it will be meaningful to have this sponsorship, the local of his organization in ATLAS II. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Jean-Jacques. Olivier, please, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Eduardo, and thank you for the suggestion, Jean-Jacques. And in fact, [Neneh], the speaker which was mentioned earlier, is from the World Wide Web Foundation. So of course it goes without saying that we would be asking, perhaps, that the W3C (or the World Wide Web Foundation) might be interested in providing a bit of sponsoring of some sort, even if it is just a few thousand dollars, just to make sure that they got the logo in there. I think it'd be interesting to happen.

And I'll try and check if we can do something about asking Tim Berners-Lee about funding. I have no idea what [inaudible], actually. So if you do have contacts in this, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. And just Cheryl put her [inaudible] finish and wrap up the call. Olivier, you have –

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Was that [close enough]?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That was great. She put her [status] there. Everybody can read it. Olivier, do you want to talk again? You have your hand up. I guess not, okay. So any other comments about today's call? If not, I'm suggesting

that the next call is from here, two weeks from now. That will put us in May 16.

And I'm suggesting that after May 15 call, that we start having weekly calls. But not [inaudible] one, necessarily. Just brief calls every week because we're very getting closer to the event and there things that we cannot wait two weeks to discuss. So I'm suggesting that with doing that after May 15 and I just want to know if everybody agrees to that, if there's any abstention to do it. Okay, if there's no, then the next call will be May 15, Thursday, at 16:00 UTC. Same time. And then, from that call on, we will have a brief call every week. Maybe at the same time, same day.

So with that in mind, this meeting is adjourned. Thank you. Oh, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I'm happy to do with the meeting. I do realize that this is a global meeting, but I would like to point out that it is 2:00 a.m. every single week for me. Perhaps we could consider a rotational schedule.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So I would ask staff to help with that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I will still do it, regardless. I'm not going to put a cog in the works. But just [inaudible], Eduardo, because 2:00 a.m. every Saturday morning until June, I'm going to ask you to accept my husband's snoring, because I'm not going to not be in bed every single Friday night. All right?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you, thank you for that, Cheryl. I will ask staff, because I know staff know which times are the best times for the people that participate in this call and come up with a time that will be doable for 99.9% of the people here. And I know they will come up with a great time to do this.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So [inaudible], Cheryl. We will have the next call at 16:00 UTC and then we'll go from there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Not a problem. Just wanted to [inaudible] issue that the world is round.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you for the reminder. Thank you [inaudible]. So, with that in mind, this meeting is adjourned. And thank you so much for everyone for your time and the updates. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]
