
TERRI AGNEW:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, and welcome to the EURALO monthly May call on Tuesday, the 20th of May, 2014 at 18:00 UTC. On the call today, we have Wolf Ludwig, Sebastien Bachollet, Oksana Prykhodko, Yuliya Morenets, Sandra Hoferichter, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, and Siranush Vardanyan. We have apologies from Roberto Gaetano and Greta Jeske. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, Ariel Liang, Jean-Jacques Sahel, and myself, Terri Agnew.

I'd like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for transcriptions purposes. Thank you very much and back over to you, Wolf.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay. Thanks a lot, Ariel, for the roll call. Let's continue with the second standing Agenda Item, what is review of the action items from our April call. If you click to the subpage, it's quite slow here, as well, not only at Olivier's place. We have basically four Agenda Items for Wolf to wait until end of the week to collect expression of interest and forward them to Bogdan. This was the meeting conference issue in Rome, what is happening this week. I got two responses, one from Roberto, one from Oksana and forwarded them to Bogdan at the end of the week. This action item was done.

I tried to organize a special call in May to discuss EURALO's participation in ATLAS. This is a special call which should focus on ATLAS II and our General Assembly. As we could see, there is a lot of interest around. The

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

third one is start discussion on the [GA] issues for London. I sent a mail to the EURALO Board asking them for ideas and inputs. I have seen only two responses on this. The fourth one was Silvia to send Wiki pages while on GA issues. All action items from last month were accomplished.

Any questions on this? Otherwise, I would like to ask Olivier to – yes, Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. So just reflecting on the action items and EURALO participation in ATLAS II and the discussion of the GA issues and so on, do you have a plan B for this? Because as I understand, the response hasn't been that great so far. Is it just going to be a case of, well, silence means consent and then you'll just be driving things forward? Or how are you seeing things for this?

WOLF LUDWIG: Well, good question, Olivier. To be a bit cynical, I could say it's business as usual over the last couple of years, I always organized General Assemblies face-to-face or not face-to-face as a one-man-show. So I will do this for London again. For ATLAS II, as we have seen, we had three cancellations afterwards, one from ISOC Luxembourg, one from ISOC Bulgaria, and third one recently from [Viechtach] Germany. I hope there won't be any more cancellations in the very last minutes so people will show up in London, come and sit in the General Assembly, awaiting what's happening. Unfortunately, it looks a little bit like this.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Wolf, if I may just add, though, there have been some European ALS representatives taking part in some of the sub-working groups. I can certainly of a couple in addition, of course, to those people who are on the call whom we know are very active already. But it certainly is a concern for me as well, because this ICANN 50 is taking place in London and I just wonder would it be worth the ALAC Chair drafting a note to the EURALO list as well?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [speaking French]

TERRI AGNEW: We'll isolate that line.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, there we go. I'm still here. I don't know who got cut off. Someone got cut off. Is it me?

WOLF LUDWIG: No, Olivier, we still hear you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you. That's really interrupted my thinking, now. Yeah, should I just draft a call to arms on the EURALO list? I could try this, as well. I don't know if that would help, but I'm just asking. I didn't want so far to do such a thing because obviously, it's a EURALO thing and I don't even represent anything in the RALO itself.

WOLF LUDWIG: No, Olivier, I think it's a valid point and I remember even that you sent a kind reminder to encourage people to participate more At-Large sub-working groups, what you did already and what I really found justified. The response more or less is, besides the usual suspects, to my knowledge and I made a listing on this, there is participation from regular from Roberto, from Matthieu Camus, and from [Jordi]. But that's it.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: [inaudible], okay.

WOLF LUDWIG: Otherwise, there was not much involvement in ATLAS II sub-working groups besides the usual subject. It's unfortunately like this but such a reminder I think could be useful. If you want to take the hassle and to do it, you are welcome.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay.

WOLF LUDWIG: You are part of EURALO and you can do everything you consider useful or reasonable.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you, Wolf. I'll work on something and [inaudible] also would be the Public Relations Group because we do have the PR Group that is supposed to rally troops across the – now, they might not be aware or might have not noticed that there seems to be a bit of a low participation in the EURALO region at the moment and I'll alert them to this and we'll see how we take this forward. Thank you very much.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. The question now is do you want to give just a short overview about the ALAC's most important consultations, etc.? Half of the people on the calls are there already so you can keep it short. But I see Heidi has raised her hand, as well. Heidi, you have the floor first.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Wolf, just a couple of things. Just a couple of things in terms of rallying the troops. I mean, I think that the ATLAS II Organizing Committee and the PR Group and other groups have really started preparing a lot of material that will do that. I don't know if that's particularly EURALO's role to do that. It should be, in my view, much more of the ATLAS II Organizing Groups doing that.

One of the items that they produce is a welcome video. I'm going to go ahead and put that into that chat. If you have not seen that, please take a look at it. It's a fantastic, very short video that is sort of fun. Here's the welcome video. Wolf, Olivier is our EURALO person and so there's that.

There's also going to be a series of newsletters. The first one was distributed about a week ago. The second one is almost finished. I

mean, that's going to be sent out to the ATLAS II participants list. That's something that will raise awareness.

There's also those capacity building webinars. Again, that's being sent out. That's something to help people who are not fully aware of issues about what's going to be discussed in [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [speaking French]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Finally, there's going to be a website. The ATLAS II website is going to be up pretty quickly, now. In the meantime, we have the ATLAS II Wiki page. It's called ATLAS II Home, Summit Home. That's here. That's also on the portal, the ALAC Portal and it's also on the At-Large home page. Those are all things that we're just now starting to get posted and distributed and in turn to rally the troops for that.

Now, in terms of what Europe can do and might be more rallying the troops for the General Assembly. Those are my comments. Thank you, Wolf. Wolf, I'm finished.

WOLF LUDWIG: You are finished, okay. Are there any questions or comments regarding these videos?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, the video – okay, I see what I’m doing. Okay, I’ll put that link in there in one moment, Olivier, sorry. Wolf, I mean, if you want to, do you want to show that video on that – here during the call?

WOLF LUDWIG: I’m not really sure, Heidi, if this is a priority at the moment.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Okay.

WOLF LUDWIG: It would be nice to have and if there would be more people. But honestly, I would like to concentrate on some Agenda Items. Therefore, I would give the floor to Olivier for a real brief summary on current priority ALAC issues.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. I will invite you to have a look at the policy advice development page that we have that is constantly updated. Of course, on the agenda itself you will note the recently adopted ALAC statements and the forthcoming ALAC statements are the ones currently being developed.

You’ll note that in the past month we have drafted a lot of statements. We’ve got – one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight – eight that have been voted on. In fact, the ICANN Strategy Panels are also in four different parts. That’s a lot of statements for one month. I have to thank

the people who have picked up the pen on the – it's always their responsibility to be able to see something from the very first draft all the way to the plan when it's being voted on. But it's good because we've had a new set of drafters as well, people who have jumped into the policy development part of the ALAC and it's been quite successful.

The three statements that are still at the moment currently being looked at, there's the ICANN five-year draft strategic plan with Dev Anand Teelucksingh and Rafid Fatani having drafted the statement on this. A first draft, actually. That's available on the Wiki page and you're all welcome to have a look at it and to comment on it.

The enhancing ICANN accountability, now, we're still considering drafting a statement on this. We've asked for someone to pick up the pen, asked for volunteers, and so far there hasn't been any volunteer whatsoever on that. It's a bit of a concern because enhancing ICANN accountability is something of such importance. The closing date for the initial comment period is the 27th so it's seven days from now. If all else fails, I might have to ask one of the usual suspects to have a look and to draft something quickly. But that, one has to know, though, is really the very beginning of the process. As the ICANN accountability process is something that will take a lot of the time in London, in the forthcoming London meeting and then in future meetings after London including the Los Angeles meeting that we've got in the latter part of the year. It might well be that we'll have more chance of commenting later on than at this early stage. But as I said, I'll ask the usual suspects probably to put something on this.

Then the third one that we have currently is the FY15 operating plan and budget. That has been punted over to the Finance and Budget Subcommittee because that's just a follow-up, I guess, to the draft five year strategic plan as well. We'll be working on this. There have been a number of calls that have been held by ICANN Finance and we've had, so far, all regions – I think all regions of the At-Large Finance and Budget Subcommittee on that call being able to speak to Xavier Calvez and his team and have some questions answered. The input has already been there on behalf of At-Large but not through a written draft.

Then there's a couple more open public comments where so far it looks as though there will be no statement. The first one is the ICANN Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance Submission to NETmundial. That, of course, is a submission which had plenty of input from At-Large. The public comment period itself was kept open so as to get as much input and support or feedback from the ICANN community. I guess because we had so many of our part of the ICANN community at NETmundial, there's obviously support for this.

Then the Board member compensation, the initial comment period closes on the 23rd of May. Again, now, I've asked for a volunteer to step forward to see if there was any requests and need for us to intervene and so far there has been no response. This is at the moment tagged as no statement. Thank you. Any questions or comments, by the way, of course – or volunteers to hold the pen, please step forward now.

WOLF LUDWIG:

It's not last chance but anything welcome. Thanks a lot for all this briefing on current ALAC issues, Olivier. I see no hands raised for comments or further questions. Therefore, let me continue with our – there is a question or comment from Oksana in the chat. "Have I to write any report on my participation at NETmundial?" To my knowledge, this is not on our agenda and I don't know to whom you should write or submit a report.

Let me continue with our next Agenda Item, which is point 4, check for EuroDIG CROPP travelers. This is just an update from our last call. I would like to ask either those concerned what is Oksana and Narine. These are the two I know that the travel arrangements for Vladimir as well, travel arrangements were made. There is still one open issue for Vladimir regarding his visa. He got his invitation letter from the EuroDIG host by now and he can follow up on this.

Any other information from staff side? Otherwise we can take this issue and Agenda Item as completed.

The next Agenda Item is 5, what is drafting of EURALO Memorandum of Understanding [inaudible] NCC. Just to briefly recall, this was an idea which came up about a year ago in the calls of the ICANN Durban meeting. There was on-spot a first contact made by Sandra with the RIPE director. In the time between, as you may know, there have been other MoUs signed by other RALOs, the last best case as APRALO in Singapore at the end of their showcase.

I asked Siranush to provide me with two copies of their MoU. I will use this as a sample for drafting a modified MoU for RIPE. Siranush has

already told me that she will advise and support once a draft is made. I will consult EURALO Board on how to continue.

Any questions for this? If this is not – yes, there is one from Sandra. Sandra, would you like to comment? Then afterwards, Olivier.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Thank you, Wolf. First of all, can you all hear me?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, go ahead.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Can you hear?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, we can hear you.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Thank you, Wolf. I just want to mention that after public [inaudible] there are quite a lot of people from EURALO at the EuroDIG meeting. I think we should use that opportunity and meet somewhere in the lunch break or elsewhere and make this MoU or bring it to light. Actually indicated in German here, Olivier, and chatted about getting [inaudible] MoU written. Now that we have really good examples [in] the other RALOs, I think we can make maybe [inaudible]. But we could at least meet and greet and we could discuss and maybe then sign it in London.

I think this would be a good way forward. That's it, thank you. Over to you, Wolf.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thanks a lot for this comment, Sandra. This was also my idea. I do not think this will be a really [complicated] issue and we brief discussed this already. If we can make it happen, it would be great even to sign it in London. This would be fantastic. But at least, let's try it. Olivier, you are the next on my list.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. Since Siranush is on the call, I was going to ask her what advantages did she see in her region for – and what incentives does she see for signing such a potential – well, such a – well, in her region, such an MoU with APNIC? I think they also signed with APTLD, as well. What was the incentive for this? Just as a introduction to this, because obviously, I completely agree that this is a good idea but it'd be interesting to put on the record what were the advantages.

WOLF LUDWIG: Before I hand over to Siranush, she's just saying, "Can staff call me? I'm not to type here." If staff can call, dial her out to get her in to comment on this.

I can briefly give you an answer on this, Olivier. One of the first points of discussion we had with RIPE representatives, with Paul Rendek and others. We have some common challenges regarding outreach in distant European countries. This is one of the key issues and strategies

of RIPE NCC, as well, where we have really a common interest. Wherever we can more or less get together, knowing what they are trying, knowing what we are trying as it's one of the corporation feels where I think that both parties could somehow benefit from each other. This is one of the ideas I have.

Another consideration from my part was as we were asked and got involved in the discussions for ICANN regional strategy with Nigel before, I think the big actors on the European landscape, they should really try to work more closely together and to [collaborate] as much as possible.

If Siranush is on the call, now I would like to give the floor to her to comment on some practical advantages for APRALO. Siranush, you have the floor. Oh, if she's not on the call, I'm just –

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, thank you. Thank you. Thank you, Wolf. Can you hear me?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, we can hear you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay, great. Thank you for the question, Olivier. Actually, there a couple of advantages. After [APRALO's] signing MoU, we are seeing from APNIC and APTLD their updates on their upcoming meetings or their invitations to subscribe APRALO members to their mailing list. We also share all this information with AP mailing list, as well. APTLD recently featured

both of designing MoU process in their monthly newsletter or weekly newsletter, I'm not sure. I guess biweekly newsletter.

There are a couple of – at least on this stage, this is information sharing stage. But I think also this will become the participatory involvement. We'll probably at least in the places where APTLD or APNIC are holding their meetings, ALSes who are based in those regions can participate and they are inviting all ALSes to come and participate. The information is being shared far in advance.

For example, the upcoming meeting of APTLD in Oman in May, they invited us actually back in February, mentioning about that meeting if there is someone who is interested to come. On their annual meeting, general assembly meeting so their board meeting, they invited also – Cheryl participated in their board meeting. They invited her. She presented about – actually this was before Singapore, before official signing but they already invited to make an official presentation about APRALO and our involvement and our future MoU signing process.

At this stage, it's really – I think the information provided by both APNIC and APTLD are very important. Hopefully this will become more, as I said, more participatory in future.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Thanks a lot, Siranush. I entirely agree with all what you said. One additional aspect that comes just as what came in mind just when you were talking, Siranush, is RIPE NCC is doing quite a lot of capacity building programs in various Eastern or Southeastern European countries. Such capacity building programs as I discussed with RIPE

people could also be interesting or attractive for EURALO members. Therefore, there is so much on the ground what can be shared. Therefore I think this is a good idea to follow up. Siranush has raised her hand again. Siranush, you have the floor.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, Wolf. Just to let you know that Armenia is neither in APNIC not in APTLD so Armenia's in RIPE NCC. Whenever you start the process of discussing with them, think of about including Armenia in that decision.

WOLF LUDWIG: Well, you will be as usual always considered. As you may be aware by now, from my side, Armenia was always considered as part of Europe. I think we will have opportunities to keep going into this direction and you will be included in any exchanges on this matter.

If there are no more questions –

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, well, thank you, Wolf.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Thanks a lot, Siranush. If there are no more questions, let's continue this discussion once the first draft of an MoU is on the table.

Let me continue with our next Agenda Item, what is a brief update by Sandra. I hope you are better audible now on the EuroDIG programming and follow-up. Sandra?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Hello. Wolf, can you hear me better now?

WOLF LUDWIG: Slightly. But try.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: It works with every other device but not this Adobe. I have a problem here.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Those people who are here on this call, they pretty know much about EuroDIG, so I'm just doing this for the record, actually. The EuroDIG Program now is more or less finished and all teams have done their work. There is only a little probability involved into the programming process. But all those who are planning to come to EuroDIG are of

course invited to participate actively during the [inaudible] by taking the floor, either make [inaudible] and contributing to the overall discussion.

I just want to remind you here that you are the – it's not about presentation, not about [color lists] and not about representing people. It's about dialogue. Everybody which is here and which is participating in EuroDIG, either remotely or physically, is invited to participate during the event when the session is going on.

I know that many of you which are here, like Veronica, Narine, or Jean-Jacques, Olivier, Wolf are heavily involved in EuroDIG. I wish us all to have another exciting EuroDIG. I think we will have some more discussions about this during the ICANN meeting in London afterward. Thank you very much.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay, thanks a lot for this update and briefing on the next EuroDIG. From my side, I can only confirm what Sandra said. The program which is on the way to be finalized until the end of week looks really promising and interesting. I would like to thank all those who have been closely involved in this process, what is Narine. Also Jean-Jacques Sahel, who has organized a workshop and Olivier is closely involved. This is very good news and we are on a very good side with this.

Next Agenda Item is a brief update on ATLAS II event planning and working groups. Olivier, you have the floor. I forgot Veronica who is also closely involved. She is listed as a moderator for a session and she will have a flash session, as well.

Olivier, you have the floor on ATLAS II, a quick update.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wolf. We have a lot of things now in ATLAS II. The whole summit is slowly being put together. There are plenary sessions in the first part of the meeting. There you go, you've got a little documents here which shows the large working group that we have and then all of the different ATLAS II working groups at the moment that are involved in ATLAS II.

It would have been a bit more helpful to see the overall schedule but I think we might not have that available to share readily. Effectively, the Saturday and the Sunday we'll say – well, primarily the Saturday, we'll see plenary sessions and then the breaking into thematic groups, into smaller groups, basically, that will be workshops. We have five thematic groups. One called the Future of Multi-Stakeholderism. One is called the Globalization of ICANN. One is called the Global Internet: The User Perspective. The fourth one is called the ICANN Transparency and Accountability. The fifth one is At-Large Community Engagement of ICANN. Each one of these working groups, we have Subject Matter Experts. There are a few, a handful from this region in the persona of, well, Adam Peake, Avri Doria, Roberto Gaetano, Jean-Jacques Subrenat. Who else, who else do we have here?

WOLF LUDWIG: You.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, myself and Stephane Van Gelder will be – there will be experts. Then, these sessions will be moderated or facilitated by each time a couple of people. It's basically going to be workshops that will have to produce a document. Those documents will then be consensus documents. They will then be put into one larger document that will be taken as the output of the At-Large Summit. That will be going over to the ALAC and the ALAC will ratify this. The plan is to then have that overall consensus document that's been ratified by the ALAC to be given over to the Board on the Thursday afternoon in the [deck] ceremony.

These issues are very real issues and they're very exciting and interesting, the themes. I think that the ALSes are going to, thanks to the stewardship that will be around this and all the shepherding that will go around all participants, there'll be a lot of issues that resonate with our participants and with At-Large Structures worldwide, including the EURALO ALSes who might know will have just come out of the EuroDIG. The issues will be fresh in their minds, which is good to know.

That's effectively the work that will take place. Now, during the rest of the week, there are a number of other things happening in the ICANN meeting. There is a GAC high-level meeting that's going to be there. There are some big community meetings on the Thursday that will deal with the transfer of stewardship of the IANA function from the U.S. government. There's another topic which is, as I mentioned earlier, the ICANN accountability being launched. It's going to have all of our At-Large Structures there. By then, by Thursday, they will be such experts that they will be able to take full advantage of the fact that they're in London and be therefore able to speak at the microphone and be very active in all of the debates and all of the discussion that take place.

That's effectively the week. We've got a few things that are taking place outside for our ALSes to be able to network. There is a dinner that will take place on the Saturday night, that will take place at the pub, actually, outside of the venue. That will also get us to walk out of the room a little bit. These people will be to, well, it's sponsored by Afiliias and we'll be able to network and have a good time in the evening.

On the Sunday, there is a sponsored lunch that PIR is sponsoring. Again, an excellent opportunity for networking, for talking to other colleagues, because one of the big points of bringing all the At-Large Structures together is for them to talk to each other and not only to talk to their own region but talk to the other regions and perhaps even share some of the work that the other regions have done and that they've done with the other regions.

On the Monday afternoon, we of course have the At-Large – what used to be the Showcase, what's now called the Fayre of Opportunity, slightly different format. This time around, there'll be, again, a keynote speaker, a couple of messages from community members and including, well, we'll have the CEO and the usual short, very short speeches on this occasion and the opportunity for the ones to show the work that their At-Large Structure is doing about having desks around the venue. Things are still being worked out as we speak but I understand there will be desks and screens to present each one of the regions and see the dynamic role that they [raise] in At-Large. Maybe again, that will be able to help across the regions and get some regions to do more when they see what's going on elsewhere.

That's pretty the week. I'm not even sure whether I've forgotten anything. I know that Heidi always looks after me and sees if there's anything that I've missed out. I just hand the floor over to Heidi for a few seconds. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, Olivier. I think you've done a fantastic job and I really don't have that much more to add. Just that there are – we're just finalizing the overall agenda. The meeting forms were due last week. Our meeting staff are now putting everything together so it should be just a few – a couple of more weeks, actually, until the full agenda, the full meeting schedule is up for the entire London 50 meeting. Stay tuned for that.

Also, there's now, I put it into the chat, there's the home, the ATLAS II Home. On that page, the first link is all of the meeting schedules, all the meetings that are [inaudible] for At-Large and for ATLAS. You'll see that the ATLAS ones are in purple. We're just now going to be finalizing the agenda. Some of the meetings that you'll see in there have the agendas in there. The majority don't at the moment because some of them are thematic. A lot of them are the thematic groups, that we're going to be working with those, the SMEs, the Subject Matter Experts, the moderators, and the reporters in the next couple of weeks, getting their agendas.

Then we also have the General Assemblies. Two out of the five regions, RALOs, have created theirs. I notice I see that on your agenda today, you're going to be discussing that.

Besides that, I think it's going to be a fun time, a very productive time. We have a lot of surprises for you. The next month will be a really busy time with a lot going on. I think the fun is about to begin. Olivier?

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thank –

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, thanks, Heidi. I was just going to add one last thing with regards to the working groups. There are some members of our community that are working in the public relations group. They're producing a regular newsletter.

I was just going to ask whilst we're all here on the call if anybody has not received that newsletter? I have heard from some people that they've not received the newsletter. I know that in some cases, the representative is listed and has received the newsletter. I wonder whether the newsletter has been actually sent to the people who are not representing At-Large Structures specifically. Sometimes, there's more than one person who will travel over to London. I don't know if staff knows the distribution or...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, Olivier. Maybe we can do that offline?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think we had a really good record right now of the ATLAS II participants list, the mailing list has all of those ALSes and ALAC and regional officers that are going. That is the list that we took for the – the list – the distribution of newsletter one on MailChimp.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Yes, thank you Heidi.

WOLF LUDWIG: [inaudible]

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I note everyone's received it. Back to you, Wolf, and sorry for the length of time it's taken me for my five minutes.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, thanks a lot Olivier and Heidi, again. I think practical issues can be sorted out separately. I think everybody who has a certain interest in this ATLAS II could never, ever say he or she was not informed. There was a lot of information for capacity programs and seminars, etc. People who need some information can easily raise their hand and say, "I need this and that," and follow up with us. We keep you updated on this one.

The last Agenda Item, I can make rather a short. Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I have not seen much input on my direct mail to the

EURALO Board. It will be the same situation as previous years. I will draft an agenda, send it to the Board, and afterwards, circulate it via the EURALO list because according to our bylaws, we need to send these invitations three weeks ahead of the General Assembly. It will be a draft agenda. People can respond to it and make comment. It will be on the workspace, as well.

The same is this Board report. I will make a draft and send it to the Board and finally, a few days ahead, to the participants.

The next, last item, EURALO strategy and planning for 2015, this is something we needed to have on the agenda for a London. I hope we can have a discussion on that on the spot. Any questions, comments on this?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yeah, Heidi has raised her hand. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Wolf. Just a comment or perhaps suggestion is that to invite the new vice president from Europe and that is Jean-Jacques Sahel.

WOLF LUDWIG: I was just going to this point as I confirmed already to staff. This proposal was put forward to me and confirmed by me. I think it's a very

good idea to invite Jean-Jacques to our General Assembly. Nigel, as well as the previous one or Andrea Beccalli, whoever will be in London. Of course, everybody from the preference of his, etc., are welcome. I would like to hand over now to any other business, what is introduction of Jean-Jacques who is on the call and Olivier will make a short introduction on him. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you very much, Wolf. As you might have learned, Nigel Hickson, who was the vice president for global stakeholder engagement for this region has moved, now, permanent I think, to a position in the Geneva side of things. He's now dealing a lot with what's happening in Geneva, the UN, etc. The position has now been passed on, the baton has been passed on to Jean-Jacques Sahel, who is someone who's been or in the Internet governance space for a very long time and very active in Europe. I think many of you will probably know him already. But of course, this is all being recorded and transcribed. I wonder whether, Jean-Jacques, you can say a few words about yourself if you're able to speak. Just give us a quick introduction, because some people might not know you. I think they should.

WOLF LUDWIG: There was a link posted on Jean-Jacques in Adobe Connect.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Have we lost Jean-Jacques?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry. Gisella or Terri, was Jean-Jacques on the call?

TERRI AGNEW: Yes, he was on the telephone portion. We're double-checking now.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. Are there any further questions?

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL: Can you hear me?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, we can now hear you.

JEAN-JACQUES SAHEL: Okay. Hello, everyone. Very glad to be on the call and I look forward to meeting all of you in London if not before at EuroDIG. As Olivier says, I have been around the Internet governance scene for a long time, initially in government and then in industry, where I was in particular with Skype and then more recently with Microsoft. I just joined just less than a month ago so I really look forward to get in with things.

Once I've the line, I might as well just mention something I've just let Wolf and Olivier know by e-mail, which is that we're going to have two

information sessions that will be of interest. One will be on the 11th of June, just before EuroDIG in Berlin. It's up to the German IGF, which will be an ICANN information session and exchange session where we might be able to talk about –

WOLF LUDWIG: Hello? Jean-Jacques, you are still on the line?

TERRI AGNEW: [inaudible]

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: He's been eaten up.

TERRI AGNEW: Jean-Jacques just dropped. His audio had become disconnected.

WOLF LUDWIG: Oh, okay. Thanks a lot. I think we can, as he announced we can follow up on this. He was on the way pointing to the pre- or side events organized by ICANN at EuroDIG what is in the late afternoon of the 11th of June where ICANN organized an on-site event what will be published also on the EURALO list those people at EuroDIG are close in Berlin can participate in this one. There will be an ICANN breakfast on the very morning of the opening of the EuroDIG. We will keep you updated on this.

I see Silvia's hand raised here on Adobe Connect. Silvia, you have the floor.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you, Wolf, just a quick comment regarding the General Assembly regarding the logistics. I am collecting the agendas from each of the RALOs. What I would have is by the end of the month, if possible, any document that you need posted on the AC room or printed in the EURALO General Assembly. If you can submit a list as well as the specific Agenda Items, I would appreciate it. Then we can also help you contacting the senior staff, Jean-Jacques or any other person who would like [as a] invited speaker for the GA.

I also want to ask Ariel, she asked me to have the floor just for few minutes to speak about the social media strategies that she is leading. If you allow me, I can ask Ariel to give a –

WOLF LUDWIG:

Sorry, Silvia. We are really out of time. We are already beyond our schedule. I don't really think it makes much sense to make this presentation here. I think most of the people who are on this call are already familiar somehow with this. I would just now like to round-up this call.

What you mentioned before, Silvia, I am aware that you need the agenda. I am working on this. We are four weeks ahead. I will do this over the next couple of days. You will get a copy of the agenda. If we need anything else, we'll let you know.

I think we need no printout from the Board report. This will be a PDF and people will receive this online so everyone who wants to read it can refer to his files. We do not, as we did in previous year, produce any more paper. People are not reading. Is still your hand up, Silvia?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Oh, no, it's an old hand. Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. If there are no questions and comments anymore, I would like to thank all of you for your participation at this May monthly call, which is the last before London. We will have our next opportunity to meet and talk end of June at ATLAS II and at ICANN 50. Thank you everybody and I wish you an excellent evening. Bye-bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Bye, everyone. Thank you.

TERRI AGNEW: This meeting has been adjourned. Please disconnect all remaining lines at this time. Thank you for joining today's conference.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]