
GISELLA GRUBER: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to today's ATLAS II Events working group call on Tuesday, the 15th of April, at 15:00 UTC. On today's call we have Tijani Ben Jemaa, Murray McKercher, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Roberto Gaetano, Wolf Ludwig, Eduardo Diaz, and Dev Anand Teelucksingh will be joining us shortly.

Apologies noted from Sylvia Herlein Leite and Sandra Hoferichter. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang, and myself Gisella Gruber. If I could also just remind you to please state names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you Tijani. I will let you know as soon as Dev joins the call. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Gisella. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the Event working group, part of the ATLAS II organizing committee. Today I have the agenda that you have on the Adobe. Do you agree on it? Agree with that version of the agenda? If someone doesn't agree with it, or have something to add, change? So I don't see any hand.

Okay. So, the agenda is adopted. Go to item number three which is, the review of the schedule. So, you have the schedule on the Adobe Connect. For Saturday, we will start on Saturday. So the first session will be from nine to 10:30, which is the introduction and setting the theme, attended by – we said by the AC chairs, but this is to be confirmed.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

We will have [?] ...this by the ALAC chair, by the Board director selected by ALAC. By the Board chair and by the CEO. And then we will have the summit introduction by the ATLAS II chair. I called it ATLAS II chair, but we don't have a chair yet now. So we have to decide if it will be the chair of the working group, or of the organizing committee, or if it's between, be the chair of the ALAC.

I don't know, but someone to introduce the summit. And then, some housekeeping announcement including ground rules, including room assignment for each group, etc. And then a coffee break, followed by... Yes, I see that Eduardo is asking for the floor. Eduardo please.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. I just like [?] ...schedule on Adobe, because I don't see it. I mean, I'm saying it... Which schedule are we talking about? The one [?] or that the one Heidi sent yesterday, I guess?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

The one which, that Heidi sent yesterday, which is now on the Adobe Connect.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. That's the problem. I don't see it on the Adobe Connect. I don't see it here, but maybe [?]. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Never mind, never mind. Continue. Thank you. I see it.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you. So, and from 11 to 13 we have the planetary, which would be an update on the current worldwide discussion about the transition, the IANA function transition. And it will be from 11 to 13. And then a lunch break, 13, 15. After that, we will start the breakout sessions, the groups. And the first... Yes please? Yes, Eduardo and Heidi. Heidi please, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I hear you very well. I hear you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: ...is on Saturday between 13 and 15:00, during the lunch break, there is currently scheduled an orientation meeting of the ATLAS to At Large mentoring program. So those who are taking part in that program will have their orientation at that point. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. Thank you. So during the lunch break, there will be an orientation session for the mentoring program. Thank you. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, I am just curious, on the lunch break, will they have a lunch break if they go to that meeting? Or talking about have a meeting for... I mean, are we going to have a meeting for two hours? Because that will not be enough time...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. So this is Heidi. So what I think, just giving the timing that would be a working lunch. So people would have to go get sandwiches, and then...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. Breakout sessions will start at 15 until 18. And this is one set of [?]. We will have five rooms, two of them will have interpretation, one room for English to French and the other from English to Spanish. Heidi, is it right that? Because I saw on the schedule, one interpretation per room? Or it will be the interpretation for the two languages, each room.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. As we agreed with meeting staff, two of those rooms will have interpretation. So English/French and then English/Spanish, and then the other... will not have any interpretation.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you. So we will have two rooms with interpretation to French and to Spanish. And then, from 18 to 18:30, there will be the briefing of the day. It is... We discussed it before in this working group, that we need a briefing at the end of the day, and it will be 30 minutes long only. Four people together.

And at the end of the day, at 7:00 we will have an ATLAS II dinner, sponsored, and it is to be confirmed. Okay? So the second day, will be Sunday. And on Sunday we will finish the breakout sessions. We will have three sets of [?] sessions, and then at the end of the day, we will have a planned briefing of the day, as before. But this one will be longer, because it will be afternoon, all the breakout sessions. So we may have a discussion about what we, an interaction if you want, between the groups.

And it will be one hour and a half long. Monday for the summit, there is... So we will have the opening ceremony, normal opening ceremony, and then multistakeholder round table. Ah, this is something that Heidi asked the question, who will be holding the round table? And what will be the subject? This is your questions Heidi, isn't it?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Correct. So [AUDIO FADEOUT]...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. So now we don't have any information about that. We have to work on it during next week. And we have to discuss it inside the

organizing committee, the whole organizing committee. And bring it also to the ALAC, because it is something that the ALAC will organize. It will not be something specific to the summit. Okay?

So, Dev please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev speaking. Just a clarifying something with the interpretation. Going back to Saturday. The one by 200 room, with interpretation. That has interpretation, but in English/Spanish/French, correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. And I think even Chinese. I'm going to confirm. But I think it's actually even Chinese too.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Okay. All right. Understood. Just wanted to clarify that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. Murray please.

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes. It's Murray Mckercher speaking. Just on that point about the multistakeholder round table, so it may be useful as people gather that some of the topics will emerge from the Sunday discussions. Just a thought. Maybe we can give it some structure, but sometimes a little

bit of un-structure will help us move the topics forward. That's just my opinion.

If anybody has any other suggestions? Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you Murray. Thank you. Since this is something for the whole ALAC, if you want, it is not a specific activity of the summit, we have to discuss it inside ALAC, the whole ALAC. So we are here. A small group of the organizing committee of the summit, and we cannot decide on this, so we will try to bring it to the ALAC to discuss it. Okay?

So, moving forward. Monday, so we have the ALAC regional leaderships, this is something that we do always as ALAC activities. At the evening, 18:30, we will have the fair of opportunity, the social event of the summit. Yes, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

This is Eduardo for the record. Here, I have a question. Because in Singapore, in the meeting that we were talking about this fair, Nancy [?] was there, and if I remember well, she mentioned something about... I mean there was a big discussion about the way the room was setup. [?] this fair, it's not happening in the same ALAC room.

And there is going to be a huge [?] table, one of the rooms. And we were talking about the possibility of moving these tables for the fair, because the main objective for networking and we believe that having those tables in the room will interfere with that networking. So she

mentioned something that if we allow [?] ...was going to check, and maybe you can [?] ...something like this.

She said that if we allow her to come in about 1400, if you have [?] then you have room, then she can probably get her crew to remove, you know, [?] the table the way we want it. But now I think based on it, what I see is an hour, just to get the room prepared for the fair of opportunity, I'm not sure if that would be enough time. And this is just, I think we should discuss this.

I mean, this is the major event for the ATLAS. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. Eduardo, I remember very well this discussion. And I remember very well that Nancy was [?] on this point, she said, imagine how we would disconnect all of this, all of your system, and all this power system that you have on the tables. It is impossible to change them.

I do think that she's right, because if you have to do that, it would not be half an hour, it would be hours. And then to put them again, you have to put the same time. And I agree with you 100% that the room with tables will not be adequate for the fair of opportunity at all, at all. It will not be a successful event with the table in the middle.

That's why I said from the beginning, I'm still saying that, having this social event inside the room of ALAC, will not be something that we need to carry on. We have to find another thing, and the other possibility is to go outside, and the majority of the group unfortunately

said that we will not have to go outside. We have to stay in the hotel.
This is my comment.

I have... Eduardo, your hand is still up.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes Tijani. Thank you. So I believe... we have this conversation in Singapore, the solution at the time, the door that she opened at the time was, [?] room at 14:00, and I might have the time to do this, moving the tables out. Do the fair, and then I will come back and move the, I will put it back together.

But there was no follow up after that. And when I see this new schedule that has been proposed, I mean there is a meeting at 14:30. So, Heidi I don't know if you can enlighten us with information from Nancy that can help us understand this. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Heidi? Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't hear the question? [?] ...14:00, you know, do the room, but again there are meetings in there. So I just, I'm not sure what to ask.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

I can repeat, Tijani, if you want. Well what we're talking Heidi is that, in the meeting that happened in Singapore, that we were very concerned

about having a table in the middle of the room. It's, Nancy [?] a door, that she said that if there is a possibility, that if you give me the room at 14:00, I can get my crew and remove the table from the equipment so that you can have the fair at 16:30, 18:30. But we have a follow up on that.

Now that I see this proposal tell you, with the schedule that will not be a possibility. And I don't know [?] enough time to get this fair in place. In relation to that answer about that we can use the new tables for the display, there was something that we discussed in Singapore, and, you know, there is a lot of equipment behind the u-tables, and they don't want people to go behind the u-tables.

I mean, they can trip on power cords and things like that. So, you know, that's the conversation that, from what Tijani is saying and what I'm seeing. So if you can enlighten us, I don't know if you talked to Nancy. That's the question Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. So I'm just looking at the schedule, and one thing could possibly do, if Nancy really could change that, is to switch the multistakeholder roundtable, and the ALAC regional leadership working session. So the ALAC regional leadership working session could be in the ALAC room in the morning, 10:30 maybe to 1:30 or so, have a shorter lunch, and then have that multistakeholder roundtable in some other room, if there is availability.

That means that the ALAC room will be free for Nancy and her crew to start moving it around in time for the fair. But that's something that A)

you would need to agree with and B) Nancy would need to confirm that she could really change that room. That's one option.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

This is Eduardo. I think that's a doable option, in my opinion. But we need to confirm with Nancy, if she can do this. Because when she said, you know, I have to check with my crew, and the availability, and this and that. But we don't know. So I think we should have an action...

I'm sorry. I think we should have an action item here for staff to check with Nancy to see if she would be able to do it, and there we can arrange the schedule. As you suggest, there are other ideas. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. I can go ahead and do that. But keep in mind that Monday in London is going to be extremely busy. There is going to be a GAC high level meeting, there is going to be the welcome ceremony. So, you know, it is going to be busy. But I think that is an option. So I'll go ahead and look into that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Yes, go ahead. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes, this is Eduardo. Just, do you agree... That's all.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I don't have any problem with that, if it is possible. And please, Heidi try to find out with Nancy if we can do that. Okay. So, let's go. Tuesday now. Tuesday we'll have, we programmed a session from eight to 8:55 for the SO and AC chairs addressing the ATLAS II participants. And but I am not sure it is now still possible, because Nancy had [?] that it is not possible to have the room for 200 persons.

I don't know Heidi, if you discussed with her after that, and if it is possible now to have this session?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Again, that room will be the ALAC room, and that room is ALAC for the entire time, so I think that's going to be possible. What I have heard, just if Olivier can confirm, that he is working with the AC SO chairs to confirm their availability for those two slots on Tuesday and Wednesday.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Okay, very good. So this is to be confirmed after Olivier confirms that they are available to come to this session. At nine, we will have our meeting, our normal meeting with the Board. And after the coffee break, we will have a meeting with the GAC.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Tijani? [?] ...the Board meeting with the GAC, the ALAC meeting with the GAC, and the ALAC meeting with the ccNSO, are all being confirmed. I've written to staff support for all of those... The Board meeting with ALAC normally is 8:30 to 9:30. So I've written to Board support, just

seeing if it can actually be moved from nine to 10, because again, the Board meets with the constituencies all day on Tuesday.

So by shifting it by 30 minutes, that's going to put everything off of schedule. So I'm waiting to hear back from them.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you. And for the two other meetings, this is the problem of the space, I think, especially for the ccNSO.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. The GAC meeting is fine. This is Heidi for the record. The GAC meeting is fine, just need to check with the timing of that. The ccNSO room will not be big enough for both two big group, the ccNSO and the 160 ALS members. So right now Nancy thinks it's going to be the secondary ballroom for that meeting, but again, she's looking at availability for that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. But for the GAC it's okay. Thank you Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, the room...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: So... [CROSSTALK] I know, I know, I know. Those three meetings are to be confirmed. Some for time and others for the size of the room. Okay.

So, after the lunch break, we will have assemblies. We will have two assemblies, NARALO and EURALO. There are at the same time, exactly at the same time. So, we'll have two front rooms for them. And at 14:30 we will have the ALAC policy discussions part one.

And ALAC policy discussions part two at 16:30. This is for the Tuesday. Any comments? Heidi go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you. Just to point out that the EURALO and the EURALO general assembly will be during that lunch break. So everyone will need to go get a sandwich or something, and then have their general assembly for those two groups.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Very good. So it will be a working lunch for both RALOs, there in assembly. Okay. We arrive to Wednesday now. And Wednesday also programmed a session with the SO and AC [?] no, yes, yes. SO and AC chairs addressing the ATLAS II participants. So we have a first part yesterday on the Tuesday, and the second part on Wednesday. Also, depending on the confirmation of the SO and AC chairs, we're working with Olivier on that.

The, yes I have Eduardo. Eduardo please.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. I just wanted to ask a question about the Tuesday schedule. And it's more a question about, in the ALAC policy discussions

part one and part two that are happening, are we going to tell the ATLAS summit participants to come to these meetings? Or this is something that will be, if they want to come to these meetings.

Maybe Olivier, you can add to this conversation. What's your take on this? Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo for the question. Exactly, we will need all of the ATLAS II participants to come to any meeting of the ALAC or the At Large during this week. So, if they want, if they have time, they can come. And it is an opportunity for them to see life, how work is done. That's why it is an important opportunity for them to come and to attend those meeting.

The ALAC room is wide enough perhaps to accommodate all of the participants, but it will be crowded. So I think there will be absence. Some people will be perhaps by the – will not attend all of those meetings, but I think that the ALAC room will be able to accommodate the ATLAS participants. Eduardo you have your hand still up.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes, thank you Tijani. This is Eduardo. Then I suggest that we put in the schedule room, one by 200, just to make sure that there was an expectation there. Thank you. That's all.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. All of this description, all of this writing will change. It is like this because we don't know the name of the rooms, we will change them to room names, and perhaps we can put the capacity in the brackets. Okay. So thank you.

Let's come back to Wednesday. So the second part of the SO and AC chairs addressing the ATLAS II participants at 8:00. And then at nine, one general assembly of the LACRALO, and then at 11 another general assembly of the APRALO. Then a lunch break. We will have the AFRALO at the ICANN meeting, and then the AFRALO general assembly. At 17, we'll have ATLAS II chairs and reporters meeting for harmonization of the reports.

And it will be a small room because there will be very few. I put 15 persons, and I don't think there will be 15. At night, you will have the gala dinner. Yes? Go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you. What is the number that you think for that room?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I don't think there will be more than 15, because we will have two or three per group and we have five groups.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I think that's going to be the ALAC room anyway and you can fit 200 in there.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you. So the gala dinner. And the last day of the summit will be Thursday. From 9 to 13, we will have the final ATLAS II session, and it will be a wrap up, and the approval of the final documents. Final document that will be presented to the Board the same day, in the afternoon. And then the lunch break, and then the afternoon will be the public forum.

We will present our report, our document, and our statement perhaps. And that's all, that's all for the summit. Any comment? Any questions? Okay. I have Roberto. Roberto, please. Roberto you might be muted. Star seven to unmute. Okay. So Roberto says that Eduardo is, he has a question. It's okay.

So any other questions about the schedule? If not, we will go to the next item, which will be addressed by Wolf and Evan. Wolf, you are here, please take the floor.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes. Thanks Tijani. It's Wolf Ludwig speaking for the record. This some main points for the continuation of the [?] breakout sessions, what we discussed and decided in Singapore. As most of you may remember, that we concerned the five subjects for such breakout sessions, and we already assigned some subject matter experts to the five sessions.

And this is more or less a schedule how to proceed into this direction. As far as I have seen, from the draft program outline you have just presented or we have discussed, there are basically four sessions for

this breakout sessions, which is one on Saturday the 21st from three to 6:00 in the afternoon.

The next one would be on Sunday 22nd from eight to 10:30. Then after the coffee break, from 11 to 1:00. And then after the lunch break, from 3:00 to 4:30. So this means we have to accommodate these five themes into this breakout [?] slots which are in the program so far. And I would like to discuss with you, whether you agree on this [?] as I have outlined here under points, under agenda item four.

After the confirmation of the subject experts and people who have expressed interest to join these groups, you may have seen in the wiki space that some people expressed interest to participate in further outlines for these five themes. And then I would like to invite the subject matter experts to formulate three to five questions or sub-issues related to their topic, or the subject at stake.

And then we have to accommodate this preparations from the five groups into this narrow schedule we have according to the draft program outline. I think you have seen this. Are there any questions or comments from your side?

I would have a logistical question for Heidi. Do we have for this four open slot, only four rooms? Or is there an option to have either on Saturday, a parallel room? Or on Sunday?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

So Wolf, I'm not quite... This is Heidi for the record. I'm not quite understanding your question. You'll see that the schedule has on

Saturday and Sunday, five breakout rooms for those five thematic sessions. So one will be in the ALAC room, the big one. I'm just trying to remember.

I wonder if that room is going to be divided into two. And then there will be three smaller breakout rooms. So but there are definitely rooms for four of those breakout sessions.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay. If you say there are five breakout options, I've only seen four in the program. But if you say we have five possibilities, so this would be enough to accommodate all five of them. [CROSSTALK]

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: There is five rooms, and we have four times the five rooms to make our [?].

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Understand?

WOLF LUDWIG: Yeah. Okay...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: So you will have... Each group will have four sessions, each group. And they will be parallel sessions. Okay?

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, okay. This is good to know because this was not clear to me because after this confirmation, I know that we can start with the main topic, at the very beginning of this [?] of multistakholderism in one room, the globalization of ICANN in another room, global Internet the user perspective in another room, ICANN transparency and accountability, and the last subject At Large community engagement in ICANN.

And according to what the subject matter experts design as sub-issues for each of these groups, we can continue this discussions in the following sessions. Okay. This is fine to me.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. I have a question, Wolf. It's not a question, it's perhaps a remark. As I said before, it is good to have the subject experts in each group, this is a very good idea. And as you said, we have to discuss with them to give three or five or four questions on main points to guide, more or less, the session. This is very good.

But, I saw that there is an email sent to the community asking them for volunteers for the moderator and reporter position. I think this is perhaps not the right way to do because if you have people asking to be moderator, for example, and you know definitely they're not able to do so, there will be, more or less, people upset.

People will be disappointed. And I think we need to do that not in public, we have to try to approach some people that we understand, we know that they can ride the discussion very well, and we will ask them to go to this group, or this group, or this group. And when the group selects its chair, this person will volunteer to be chair.

And I think it will be... It is exactly that the chair has been in the first ATLAS. I was in the group number three, for [?], and [?] asked, "Who wants to be the chair?" And then she said, [?] what do you think? And [?] said yes, and then who will be the vice chair? There was two vice chairs position, and [?] ...and Hong and Olivier were the vice chairs, and [?] was the reporter.

So I think we have to do it as I said, not publically, but we have to try to make it happen without [?]. What do you think?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Yes Tijani. I understand perfectly what you are saying, and I must admit I personally agree with your point. I just would like to recall that at our last meeting in Singapore, this was a proposal to keep the process open. If there are from the community people who are interested to participate for moderation, or to participate for the recording.

This was not my personal idea, this was more or less a conclusion, or a decision we have taken in Singapore at the end, just to keep the process open. I agree with all of your reservations, but some of the people who made the [chests] themselves for one of – or the other function, may not be the most experienced, etc. of this kind of a job.

Therefore I think we have to discuss and decide about some criteria for the moderators and for the reporters, which three conditions or qualifications, candidates must bring in to be chosen to be – finally chosen for this job.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay...

WOLF LUDWIG: But I see your point that one or the other may be frustrated to have suggested him or herself for one or the other job, and it may not be finally considered. This may lead to preparations in one or the other case, but I think if we have clear criteria, how we can argue why we have chosen the one person and we have not chosen the other person, than I think this is getting more transparent again.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. I think you are right. And if you can, or someone can prepare the criteria, proposed criteria for this group to be on them, and then we have to publish them and say, those are the criteria for those who will be moderators, and those, our criteria for those will be reporters. Murray? Go ahead.

WOLF LUDWIG: Just one more comment. I think that subject matter expert in charge of each of the groups will also have a say, what would be the preferred candidate for the moderation of a session, and would be preferred

reporter of the session. And I remember reporting is something, moderating is something which shouldn't be underestimated in such a context.

And reporting is something, if you would like to have a good and substantiated final report at the end from ATLAS II, we need excellent inputs from the five groups, to come up with a group result. If you have not, Heidi, experienced report for this, then it's getting very difficult afterwards.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Wolf. [?] ...

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes, hello. It's Murray McKercher.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: You might be muted.

MURRAY MCKERCHER: It's Murray McKercher speaking for the record. If I could have a moment?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Hello. Yes.

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes. I have been listening and agree with the comments that both of you are making. I would also agree that the subject matter experts may, if they're willing to take on that responsibility, should do that. So I agree with Wolf on that point. I was curious, have there been a number of folks in the existing process requesting to be moderators or reporters?

Is this a problem that we actually have at this point? Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Murray. Yes...

WOLF LUDWIG: May I respond? Well...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Go ahead, please.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, thanks Tijani. Wolf Ludwig for the record again. We have discussed this partly informally in Singapore. And there was some kind of approval among some of us that those people who have been reporters in Mexico, in Spring 2009, there was names like Carlton Samuels, Evan Leibovitch, etc. who have played a specific role in compiling the final report of ATLAS I.

And these people who have shown their solid experience from the last summit. They need to be involved and included in this exercise in

London as well. So we have already some highly experienced people on our list. We would like to have involved again, another one is Dev, for example, and people proved qualification last time. And they are in my opinion crucial in London as well, to come up with very good final report and recommendations from ATLAS II. Does this answer your question Murray?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Murray? Does this answer your question.

MURRAY MCKERCHER:

Yes, thank you. Sorry, I was muted. I would agree with both Wolf and Tijani that having the experienced reporters will certainly make things move more smoothly. Obviously I wasn't there the last time, so I'm thinking that experienced folks would be very relevant. So thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Murray. I have just a remark Wolf, regarding the subject matter experts. I think that the subject matter experts are in the room to help, because he is the one that knows the best of the subject. He is the one. So he will decide on the recommendations. He will be there to answer questions, to participate in the discussion, to [?] thinks, because he knows better than the others.

But I don't think we have to involve him in the choice of the moderator or the reporter. Because the moderator will be people who know how to drive, how to run the meeting. How to make people – not make people upset, but at the same time, how to make the meeting be

successful. So this is a kind of skill which is different from the skill of the subject matter.

The second skill or reporter is absolutely different. And we have already, as you said, people who are skilled in this thing, and perhaps we need to add other people if we need. And their skill will be different also. I think that something very important is to choose the subject matter experts, because if you want, if you will make people inside the room up to date, if they don't have all information.

He can give them, for example, experiences on what happened before, or what will happen if we do that, etc. So, we will be more or less the one who will not lead the discussion, but will inform, will advise, people inside the room. The moderator will be there to drive the meeting, to run the meeting, to make the meeting fruitful and to make people not so [stated]. So those are different roles, and I am happy to say that all moderators and reporters will need to put criteria, as you said.

And for the subject matter we have to choose people because of their knowledge. Thank you. I have two persons, I have Murray and Wolf. Murray please. You might be muted. So Murray, please.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Wolf Ludwig again. Tijani, I partly agree with you said before. Just one point. If you look on the subject matter experts on the list in front of us, all of them would be possibly be highly experienced moderators themselves. All of them will bring these moderation skills in. But I think we have to distinguish between roles here.

And then now I agree with you, in my opinion, the subject matter expert is the person who is leading the content based discussions, and shouldn't be confused with the moderator. I think these are two different roles, which have to be accomplished. The moderator has to take about an inclusive debate during the session, and the subject matter expert has to introduce the input and the substance of the session.

So these are two different functions and this should be done by two different people.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Wolf. Thank you very much. Any other comment? So action item, we need the criteria for the selection of moderators and reporters, and we need them done one week. What do you think Wolf?

WOLF LUDWIG:

Wolf Ludwig again. Yes, I agree Tijani. I also consider this as urgent. I'm willing to take over until next week, the task to define some basic criteria. This doesn't mean something very detailed and long, it just needs some basic criteria for the moderators and some basic criteria reporter.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much. Go ahead.

WOLF LUDWIG: We have reporting guidelines, what we always provide for people who are willing to do some session reporting, but session reporting must be based on our reporting guidelines, so we can use that for ATLAS II as well.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. So Wolf will volunteer to prepare the draft criteria.

WOLF LUDWIG: I just suggested that I will do this the next week.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Very good, very good. Thank you very much Wolf. So action item, Wolf will prepare the criteria for the next week. We are on 15th, so next week. Next week it will be [?], so we cannot meet next week.

WOLF LUDWIG: I trust to modify the action items. Define basic criteria for moderators and reporters, not for the subject matter experts.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly. The subject matter experts, we have to choose them. There is no competition for that. We have to choose...

WOLF LUDWIG: ...the action items, I would like. I just wanted to correct.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. Okay. So, Wolf, [?]... we have to meet on the 29th? It will be two weeks.

WOLF LUDWIG: It will be fine for me, yes.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. So I think it will be in two weeks, not in one week. Next week will be [?]. Any other questions? Any other remark?

GISELLA GRUBER: Tijani, if I may?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes please, Gisella, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. Sorry Tijani. Just to say that the 29th has been – the ALAC call has been postponed by one week due to the net [?] the week before. So I'm happy to send a Doodle around if you would like to meet on the 29th.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Perhaps we can avoid it. We can go to 30th, why not?

GISELLA GRUBER: I will send a Doodle around both days, to please Olivier.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you. Thank you very much. So I have two hands here, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, this is Eduardo. Thank you, Wolf, for the record. One thing that I have been thinking about is, since we [?] for the [?], I think to send another survey around just to allow people which [schematic?] selection they want to go to, and if we try to do this, I think we send it to [?]... theme, a very brief [?]... of what is expected to be discussed.

Because you know, when you're talking about like Internet governance, or the Internet global Internet user, it can be [?]. So my suggestion is that we should do that we can tell people we changed for whatever reasons, and please select which session you're interested in going. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Eduardo. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Tijani, it's Olivier speaking. I don't think we've touched on that, but on the listing of the subject experts, At Large community engagement in ICANN, Mikey O'Conner has effectively

required for normal ICANN activities, are we [?] for someone to replace him to work on this with me?

WOLF LUDWIG: Do you know anybody?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I don't know anybody specifically, that's why I'm asking.

WOLF LUDWIG: Well, I would say, Olivier, let's think about it and come up with some more names, perhaps Roberto has some more suitable candidates in mind.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Understood. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: And thank you Wolf. Perhaps Roberto can do that.

ROBERTO GAETANO: Yes.

WOLF LUDWIG: But Roberto is already involved in the point two, the globalization of ICANN together with Rinalia.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. There are two so we can pick one. Anyway, we can talk about it during this week. The suggestion of Eduardo is very important, it's at a point that I wanted to raise because we already asked people to choose one of the five themes before. Now we changed the themes so we have to ask again, and I appreciate very much the proposal of Eduardo to make a small [?], very small, one paragraph to explain, to introduce the theme.

And I think the best one who can do that are the subject matter experts. So, if you can ask them to come up with one paragraph very soon, because it is something that has to be done very soon to constitute the groups, because we have room constraints, don't forget it. And we have to arrange the groups according to the size of the rooms.

So perhaps we need to change people from their first choice to another choice. This is something very sensitive to the group. That's why we need time, and we need to handle that with very level [?]. So, can we... Can I suggest an action item that, the subject experts prepare one paragraph by next week?

And the staff prepare the [?] ...for the week after. Is it okay for you Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes. I don't know if next week everybody is going to be [?]. In any case, you know, if we do it before the end of the month, I think that would be

– we can rearrange this whole thing. That we need to know, what he said, we need to change and so forth [?] and so forth. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Eduardo. Any other remark? Do we agree on the action item? Is there any remark on the action item? Subject matter experts prepare one paragraph...

WOLF LUDWIG: Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes Wolf?

WOLF LUDWIG: I just seen Murray suggested that he would be interested to work with Olivier on At Large community engagement.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Good. Very good. So this is very good. Okay. So for the timeline, if you want, one paragraph prepared [?] for each subject, and once... Okay, thank you. Once those paragraphs are prepared, the staff prepare the survey and send it. And we want the participants to rank their preference, because perhaps we will not have their first preference if the size of the room doesn't allow it.

Okay. So the survey will be ranking the five subjects, and each subject will have one paragraph to introduce it. Okay? So any other comments? Is there any other comment? If there is not, thank you very much. I can declare this meeting adjourned.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]