

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Welcome to everyone on the LACRALO Government Work Group call on Monday, the 14<sup>th</sup> of April at 21:00 UTC.

On today's call on the English channel, we have Dev Anand Teelucksingh, and on the Spanish channel, we have Sergio Salinas Porto, Leon Felipe Sanchez, Vanda Scartezini, Alberto Soto and Humberto Carrasco. We have apologies from Raul Bauer. And from staff, we have Silvia Vivanco, Terri Agnew, and myself, Gisella Gruber.

If I could please remind everyone to state their names when speaking, not only for transcript purposes, but to allow the interpreters to identify you on the other language channels, and also to please speak at a reasonable speed to allow for accurate interpretation. Thank you, and over to you, Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Gisella. I would like to know the apologies presented by Fatima Cambronero. It was impossible for her to join us today. I was able to speak to her earlier today, and she apologized because she is fully booked up with some personal issues. Also, she hadn't received this e-mail. However, she knew that the meeting might take place today and, no doubt, she is engaged in the NETmundial meeting, and we are all equally engaged in the NETmundial topics in order to meet the regional objectives.

Having said that, I would like to thank you all for joining us on the call, Humberto Carrasco, our regional Secretariat, and I would like to thank

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

our Chair, Alberto Soto. On the English channel, no doubt, I want to thank Dev Anand Teelucksingh for joining us.

With that, I will recap what we intend to cover on this call. This is a little bit of an unusual meeting, if you will, because the main speaker was going to be Fatima on this call. However, we will be able to make our contributions to give our input in relation to some topics that we have to discuss today.

One of the objectives of today's meeting was to have Jose Arce and Dev Anand Teelucksingh present a report on certain subgroups that have been set up some time ago before the Singapore meeting. Both Dev and Jose have agreed to prepare something for today.

I remember three group had been set up, one in which Leon Sanchez, Fatima Cambroner, and Vanda Scartezini were the members. The objective of that group was to compile all the discussions to date regarding the LACRALO Operating Principles and draft a proposal of amendments to our Operating Principles.

But then there were other subgroups with Jose and Dev in charge, so since we are lucky to have Dev on the call, maybe he can give us a report or present a report on what he had to prepare for today. So with that, Dev, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you, Sergio. I have to confess, I have not been made aware that I was required to be in charge of any working group or to give a report on the Governance Working Group. So I'm a little bit confused as to what

---

you're referring to, I'm afraid, so if you can clarify what these working groups were about.

As I recall, the last working group meeting for the Governance group didn't take place, which was before this ICANN Singapore meeting. I don't know if there was some sort of decision, and I wasn't present for that meeting. Were these decisions taken at that meeting? Thanks, I'll stop there.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Dev. We're speaking about the following – and please I want you to remember this, so I will remind you of this. This did not take place in the meeting prior to the Singapore meeting, which you couldn't attend, but in the meeting before that, that was chaired by Jose Arce, because I was not able to join that meeting.

Well, in that meeting, you had agreed on certain activities, and I believe that you were going to take care of the Rules of Procedure. This is what I was hoping you would share with us, you would present us. Maybe you have been able to make some progress on this topic, given that the topics were the following: metrics, Operating Principles, and then Rules of Procedure.

We had three subgroups. The group dealing with Operating Principles, the members of that group were Leon Sanchez, Vanda Scartezini, and Fatima Cambronero, and they submitted their report.

We still have to receive the reports on metrics and Rules of Procedure, and I believe that you were in charge of preparing that work on the

---

Rules of Procedure. We're getting close to our GA and to the meeting in London, so it would be very nice to summarize or to complete this so that our GA reaches or comes to a very good ending, and we can debate our Operating Principles and metrics. So, Dev, I don't know if you remember now, after this recap? You have the floor. Go ahead, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks to Sergio. I have to say, then, I probably was not aware that I was the one in charge of doing the reporting. I didn't receive any e-mails saying to provide this update. So I'm going to have to say, there have been no reports as such. I do have several recommendations regarding the Operating Principles – I'm sorry, I should say, the Rules of Procedure. And I can talk a little bit about the metrics.

Regarding the metrics – and I'm going to base this on the previous discussions – the reason why we want to introduce some form of metrics is because a majority of our At-Large Structures aren't participating in the ICANN policy process but only respond to voting for whenever there are representatives to be selected for various positions.

So, the idea behind the metrics was that we should try to look at proper metrics to remove the – let me start over. The idea behind the metrics is to come up with a mechanism by which the ALSes that are only voting would not be able to vote in those types of elections until they have proven some sort of participation criterion that they are involved LACRALO, be it LACRALO meetings, LACRALO policy discussions, comments onto the Wiki, and so forth.

---

I've been in charge of the At-Large ALAC Metrics, and the research I've been doing there indicates that some metrics can be collected. However, it would require some time to actually go into the past and begin to collect those metrics.

I did a presentation in Singapore, and I'm going to try to post that link in the chat, if I can just quickly find it. Let me see if I can find it. Just one second.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, of course, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes. Okay. Ah, here it is. Apologies. I'm just trying to find the appropriate document. Give me a few seconds here. Apologies for that. Okay, yeah, this is the one. Okay, here it is.

In that presentation, I outlined several methods by which statistics can be pulled from the Wiki, in terms of attendance records, for example, and then we can compile statistics for persons in LACRALO.

The suggestion was that before we try to put any sort of metrics in our Rules of Procedure, we undertake the metrics analysis first, and then once people see these metrics, then decide what type of thresholds we want to set.

Because I have a feeling that if we were to try to set thresholds right now, and then we look at the actual results of what the metrics will then see, I think people will be very surprised. I would think, for

---

example, we make [inaudible] I would say over half of all ALSes in LACRALO would not qualify to be able to vote.

So I'll stop there regarding the metrics part, I see some persons have raised questions.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I do not have access to the Adobe Connect room, so please feel free to ask for the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: While Dev was looking – I want to make the most of time, so please, Dev, go ahead.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Very well. I posted the links up to see the At-Large Metrics in the chat, where people can view the presentation. And I think it's very illustrative as to what you can do, in terms of meeting attendance records, also even if somebody was to attend and how often do they speak.

The challenge is finding persons willing to be able to do this, to collate the actual metrics, because there would be some time needed to actually do so. So that's one challenge.

---

With regards to the Rules of Procedure, I've often advocated before we take giant steps towards making changes, we should just start with small steps, and all journeys start with small steps.

One of the things I have suggested, and I have repeatedly suggested, is to harmonize the changes between the differences in the language versions between our Rules of Procedure. I have noted there have been about five or six rules where there is a difference in the language versions of the same rule.

My suggestion is to, for the Rules of Procedure, just start with making the changes, so that we then look at a consistent Rules of Procedure from which to base further changes on.

I can post the link to these various motions, if you want. I have the text for those motions. Shall I do so? Because there are quite a lot of bullets there, I don't think I want to read every single one of them.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, Dev, please, go ahead and post the links in the chat room, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, very well. The various – I'm going to have to – I wish I have two monitors here so I can do this properly. Okay.

Some of the rules, the various motions: a motion to update rule 7.3 of the Spanish version of the Rules of Procedure to conform with the wording of rule 7.3 of the English version of the Rules of Procedure.

---

There's also a motion to update the numbering of rule 8.1 of the Rules of Procedure, because it's inconsistent between the Spanish version and the English version.

There's a motion to update rule 8.2 in the Spanish version of the Rules of Procedure to conform with the wording of the rule 8.2 in the English version.

A motion to update rule 11.2 in the Spanish version, to conform with rule 11.2 in the English version. Alright, and I'll post a link there.

A motion to update rule 14.4 of the Rules of Procedure.

I'm trying to see if I have all of these motions. Let's see. One, two, three, four, five, six.

Last one, which was the motion to update rule 12.9. And the rule 12.9, just to summarize, was the one that talks about the mathematical calculation for calculating votes. This is the one regarding country coefficients and so forth, because the language uses the incorrect one, so we needed to correct that.

Those were the motions I had in mind. Now that I have posted those links in the chat, again, all of these motions do – with the exception of 12.9, which introduces new text – all it is doing is correcting each of the wording to ensure they it's the same and/or changing the numbering so that it's exactly the same.

Those motions, they are translated in Spanish, as well. So if you go to each of those pages, you'll see the English version of the motion and then the wording in Spanish. Okay?



---

Alright. So now I think I will stop there now and pause for any comments or questions.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Dev. If I may, I will ask a favor of you. First of all, I have a question. Could we please compile all this material in one document and have two documents – one in English and one in Spanish – with all this material compiled so that we can debate or analyze this material in between our meetings? You have the floor, Dev. Go ahead, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes, I can do that. I could put together a page with each of these motions, certainly, especially now to put them just in one list. as they've been – well, they're already on the Wiki, already. So, yes.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Excellent, Dev. Thank you very much. We would really appreciate that. Alberto Soto, you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Excuse me. I think that Vanda and Humberto have a comment regarding something that Dev said before.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Vanda, go ahead, please.

---

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Thank you. First of all, we have to take into account the following. This is ready for us to work on. So we have to focus on the following: we have to promptly decide on the points that we want to share with our colleagues so that they approve or disapprove these points as soon as possible.

We have the Principles ready. We have these motions regarding the Rules of Procedure that are really very interesting. So we have to work on them and draft a single document or prepare a single document with the final wording we agree on and then we share with our colleagues in LACRALO. After that, we need to have the metrics.

Now, my concern is that this needs to be finalized before London, because if this is not the case, we will have an endless discussion, and we will not resolve anything.

So my suggestion would be, Sergio, you should set a deadline for us to make this decision and to post the result of our work online and share it with our colleagues.

Let us begin with the metrics. I don't know who is responsible for the metrics, but anyway, we must have everything ready. Time is running by. What are we waiting for? Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you very much, Vanda. Humberto, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

---

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Sergio, I just wanted to ask that the Translation Working Group last year, at the end of the year, issued a report regarding the nonconformities of translation, taking into account the documents and background mentioned by Dev.

Regarding these inconsistencies in language in the Rules of Procedures, we prepared a report, which is ready, it's ready for approval in the London meeting. And the idea or the objective is to solve these unconformities or nonconformities.

I'm looking for the link for you to see that information, and I think we can save some time for the Governance Working Group. So this is my comment. Thank you very much.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Humberto. First of all – except for Alberto, because he has his hand up. Alberto, would you like to take the floor right now, or would you like to wait?

ALBERTO SOTO: I would like to speak now because this has to do with what we are discussing. I knew that this information was posted somewhere, and now Humberto has confirmed that information. I knew this work has been already done – at least a comparison with the inconsistencies among the different documents in different languages.

As Vanda said before, we are quite behind, and if we keep on like this, okay, we will have the same results as in the Costa Rica meeting, and we cannot let this happen. So I think the most important objective now

---

should be to create this working group, to see what we need to do and start at once with a schedule, with a calendar and with a different timeframe to deal with this situation.

When it comes to the metrics, well, I read all the information that Dev posted before. At the very beginning, this was for the ALAC members, whose responsibilities are a bit different in terms of or regarding or in comparison with the ALSes.

I will say something to the group. This is something very simple. This is very simple information. We need to agree on a certain amount of attending or people attending. Perhaps we can agree on the 60% or 50%, for example, attendance to webinars.

We have many webinars along the year, and there are always the same people participating. So we should, we can say, one, two, or three, but there are always three or two participants in our webinars.

I mean the ALAC meetings that are very important for us. We do not have a vote there, but we can participate as observers. We learn things from there which are very important for us. So we can do that in such a way or in some other way.

Now, when it comes to the metrics, my concern is how we should count metrics. Metrics should be very simple. For example, how to measure attendance? Active participation. Then, how can we count active participation? I mean, if I am in a meeting, or I am attending a meeting, and I am listening to the radio, for example, and I am doing nothing. And then, I appear as someone participating in all the monthly meetings.

---

So, the only two problems that I see right now is, first, how we can count or who will count attendance and how we can define active participation. Because if we participate in all the meetings, nobody raises a hand and speaks about it.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Alberto. And I would like to make a comment.

I believe that our main objective is to deal with all these topics. And I remember I mentioned that in the Cartagena meeting, because we dealt with a lot of issues related metrics. And we stopped those discussions at that time because we had the same concerns that we have right now, and this is how to generate greater participation.

So metrics can punish somehow or promote participation, and I'm in favor of promoting participation and to make our participants or our colleagues fall in love with the activities that we carry out. And I think this is the best way to participate in policymaking decisions and activities related to the region. So all the participants here must agree on this.

Now, how are we going to use the metrics? Well, this is a way to go. This is a path to follow. Metrics should not be perhaps the main objective. I wish we could have them already by now, but I think that the most important thing now – because we will be able to discuss this beyond London – but the main objective, and what we need to discuss in London and approve in London, are the Rules of Procedure and the Operating Principles.

---

And we have three things to take into account. First of all, the work done by Vanda, Leon, and Fatima, compiling all the proposals, the existing proposals that were taken to Costa Rica. At that time, there was an understanding issue because those speaking Spanish, we didn't have a correct interpretation into English, and now this is already translated by our interpreters and translators.

This is translated into English, and I think it would be good for our colleagues, for our English-speaking colleagues, may read so that they can have clear ideas and so that they can make the necessary inputs. This is the most important objective.

On one hand, we need to take into account the Operating Principles and then the Rules of Procedures. This is the other big topic or important topic that we need to deal with in London.

So, if we have not enough time, perhaps we can deal with this after London. But, of course, we need to start discussions right now.

I see two people with their hands up. I don't know if this is from the previous intervention or comment?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Well, Sergio, I'm trying to put down my hand.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Alberto, would you like to make a comment?

---

ALBERTO SOTO: No, Sergio. I put my hand down. Sorry. I disconnected from Internet.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I want to say something.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Dev, go ahead. You have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thank you, Sergio. So many topics, points, and issues raised by everyone. Let me see if I can take some of them in turn.

Regarding the idea behind LACRALO, I mean, one of the things I really, really have a concern with is that I think LACRALO needs new blood to really focus and to really start participating in the discussions and the policy discussions and so forth. That's one.

In a sense, in my mind, the current proposals for the Operating Principles do not help in that regard. I've heard that these proposals now have been translated, but they have not yet been circulated. So I would really like to see the translated versions put up on the Wiki so that I can really look at it carefully and then make my comments.

I do have a document prepared regarding this going into the various points, but I've just been using Google Translate to try to translate what was posted, so it may be inaccurate. So if the document has been translated, then let's have that document put on the Wiki and circulate it to members. So that's one.

---

Going back to the issue regarding metrics, Alberto, if you look at the presentation I did, one of the ways that we looked at in terms of if you want to measure participation, we did a method by looking at the transcript of a conference call. You can get an idea how many interventions a person makes during the call.

So doing that analysis, one could determine whether a person who attends a call – that says they are present at the beginning of the call – but then we can count how many times that person speaks.

And I think the idea here is to really – and I'll emphasize this in the metrics call – I don't know about certain thresholds. It's really about looking at those persons who are not participating at all in LACRALO, except for elections. I think once you've clearly identified those, either those persons will not be allowed to vote in elections, maybe, or be eligible for selection as a representative.

I could go through some comments regarding the Operating Principles, but I also wanted to respectfully disagree with Vanda in that I don't really agree with the Operating Principles as they stand right now, in short, because it removes consensus from our principles, which is contradictive of the multi-stakeholder model in ICANN, which attempts to work by consensus.

It creates a LACRALO board, which in turn, in my mind, has the potential to create a cabal – I don't know if that translates very well – that would be unanswerable to the electorate, and the rest of the electorate would be shut out. And there will be no incentive to really participate because only the board will be able to make decisions.



---

Thirdly, we seem to be having difficulty regarding accepting individuals to participate in LACRALO. And by participate, not just attend meetings, but actually be able to vote and actually be possible for them to be selected by LACRALO.

Again, I think LACRALO needs new blood and new individuals. And if there are individuals who are interested in the interest of the Internet end users but don't want to be a part of an ALS or they're in a country without an At-Large Structure, they should be allowed to participate and be given the same privileges as ALS representatives.

I think I'll stop there now. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Dev. I lost my Internet connection, so I would like to know if there is someone who would like to take the floor. Alberto Soto, you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: The amendments to the Operating Principles do not have the objective of promoting participation. The objective of these is to optimize all the procedures and interventions, not the willing to participate.

I remember that last year, when I presented this topic in the mailing list, this group was not created by that time. And I don't know if you realize, but I did, that topic made certain ALSes that do not participate to come and participate a bit more.

---

Since there is the opportunity to, or the possibility to, count my attendance or my interventions, I will participate. The metrics, unfortunately, other ones promoting participation, it shouldn't be like this. I agree with that. But this is not the only measure that we can take. I have spoken to many ALS representatives, and many of them did not reply. Some others, you will see them participating in the next meeting.

So we need to do extra work, and perhaps this extra work should not be carried out by the working group. Perhaps they should be done by Humberto and myself, because we are a group, and we have started with these activities. So there is not a single measure.

The only thing I ask you as a group is to speed up somehow the way we work so that we can get to London with the greater amount of topics already covered, among others, this topic, the one we are dealing today. And if it is not finished, okay, at least fully covered. But we cannot leave the whole discussion for London.

Now, I agree with what Sergio says. I don't want anyone to leave. I want everyone to participate. The ones who are already participating and to make the effort that we are making because why will we have a meeting regarding the CROPP program? And we will have two or three extra countries, so perhaps we can achieve that goal without traveling so as to avoid any economic reason or need.

So the only thing we need is the willingness to work and, please, let's settle or let's establish the timeframes for this. As Dev said, I know that we need to take little steps, but up to now, these little steps did not make any result. So, we need to move forward as a group.

---

Today, we have a compilation of information. This is what Humberto was referring to before. And if we can work on that, we will reach London perfectly well without [inaudible] discussion. And once we have the procedures approved and metrics, if they will, we will have a very productive activity, and we will have made progress.

If we take this into account, we will see that, since Costa Rica up to now, there is nothing that has been done. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Alberto. Silvia, is there any other speaker who would like to take the floor?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Dev would like to take the floor.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Dev, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you, Sergio. Just to mention to both those comments about the small steps.

The reason why small steps haven't made any progress is because there's been so many conditions attached to it that it was impossible to do it. So, whenever there was even a small change requested – just of the duration of the terms is extended and so forth – and then another group within LACRALO then makes another condition attached to that:

---

“So we will not support that unless this condition is attached to it.” So that’s why.

The reason we haven’t taken the small steps is because, for some reason, we tend to add so many terms and conditions so that it becomes impossible to move forward. So, my strong, urgent, fervid suggestion is that again, again, let’s start with the simplest – and this should not be any controversial thing regarding the language diversity – but yet still, conditions are being attached to it.

If you can have at London, if these motions were to just go through, it will probably be the first sign of progress LACRALO has made since 2009/2010. So that’s the first thing.

Second thing: metrics. I would strongly suggest that a working group put together the metrics in terms of attendance records, as a first step, and see by attendance records, attendance of LACRALO meetings, and possibly ALAC meetings, and also the ALAC Working Groups.

The problem is, I can assist with this, but I am very busy to be able to do all of that type of work. Humberto, our Secretariat, this is probably something that you will need to take charge of, and of course, anybody else who would be able to assist in this regard.

And I suggest that once that group puts together the statistics and shows and illustrates the attendance records and so forth, then you can really decide what our thresholds for metrics are. Let’s not put the cart before the horse, is an expression. Thank you.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Hello, can you hear me? I have a strong noise in my line.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I think it is Sergio's line, the one causing interference.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Could you please dial out to me again?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, Sergio, sure.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I'm waiting until Sergio reconnects. Are you all still hearing me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, Dev, we can hear you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I think Sergio is already back.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Let me try to summarize what I was saying.

We have never taken small steps because there's been so many conditions attached to supporting the modifications. One group wanted to extend the duration of the ALAC terms from two years to up to four years, for example, and then another group wanted diversity, and so

---

forth. So what happened then is we never were able to take any steps. And to me, the differences in language is something that should be very straightforward. So let's try to take this small step because we've never done so.

Second: metrics. The metrics is somebody will need to actually go through the metrics, go through the attendance records and so forth, and put together some charts to show the results. And I think once we have those results, with those results, we can then decide on what our thresholds are.

But I'm very busy. I can assist, but I am very busy. So, Humberto, if you're hearing me, I think you should really take the lead on this, and I will assist you as much as I can. Okay? That's it.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Dev. That's a very good proposal. I don't know if Alberto could lead this activity. I wish he could. Alberto, I hope you will be able to carry out this activity.

And on the other hand, I think we need to be capturing these months. Everything related to Rules of Procedures, Operating Principles, now we have no excuse in terms of translation or bad translation. We need to start working at once so that we can have that information on the list next month so that we can start discussing and decide on consensus the final result.

---

Very good work has been done, and then the result should be the approval by this Working Group, this Governance Working Group, as a first step to keep on moving.

Then we have Rules of Procedures and metrics. So we will need other people or other participants to deal with metrics and Rules of Procedures. I can work with the metrics.

There is a colleague who is – and this is the third meeting that he does not attend – but if he cannot attend the next meeting, okay, we will need to take up that activity so that we can have the three proposals ready to be included for our assembly in London.

But, of course, we need to decide this this month, so we have a month at hand. Do you agree with the time, a month, to work? Could you please indicate if you agree with this time? A month to start working? If you think that we need extra time, please, say that as well.

ALBERTO SOTO:

May I speak, Sergio? I can also work with the metrics. I have made a lot of progress in this regard, and this is something simple.

But the only problem would be that a LACRALO meeting end, there is someone who should be in charge of extracting or tallying the information because that person will need to dedicate or devote time to this. So we need to find a way to avoid an overload of work so that we can compile and find out the statistics. I think a month period would be enough to have some results.

---

Now, when it comes to the Rules of Procedures, we have made a lot of progress, and I think Fatima has done quite a lot. She sent a document not long ago. So I believe that, if we can get information or feedback from that group by e-mail, that would be enough to keep on moving.

I remember that by the 15<sup>th</sup> – Sergio, you said you could send information by the 16<sup>th</sup> – but by the 15<sup>th</sup>, the LACRALO Working Group should send a report to the Chair. This would be on the 16<sup>th</sup>. That report should include all the work that has been done by now – the Working Group, the members, and the schedule.

Humberto says that this should be an automatic measurement. I agree with that, but we need to still see how we can do that. At least, when it comes to attendance, these measurements should be automatic. But I need to deal with this and study this subject or this item.

And we're running out of time, as well.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, we are running out of time. And after this call, we have another call, and I promised the staff that we would finish on time.

Dev, would you like to make any comments? Because I cannot see, I'm not on the AC room. So please, if you would like to make a comment, you have the floor. Or if you want to speak, please, type that on the chat.

Now, when it comes to the Operating Principles work or activity, for me, that is already finished. What we need to do is to make a clear reading or a good reading and see if we need to adjust any details, but I believe



---

that is ready. So let's check that everything is okay with that work. That work has been done by Fatima, Vanda, and Leon, and it's a very good work because it covers all the issues that have been discussed in our region for a long time.

Is there anyone who would like to speak?

SILVIA VIVANCO: No, Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Is there anyone who would like to make any other comment? Okay. So, I will close this meeting with two topics, please.

We need the mailing list. I don't know if it is already created, and if it is created, I hope it is already working so that we can discuss all these topics for the month to come. So we will need the mailing list up and running. Silvia, Gisella, do you know if we have that mailing list already available?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I am checking with Gisella. I knew it was already complete. Only Fatima was missing, but it was already created.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So this means that we have a mailing list available for the Governance Working Group, is that correct?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay, then. The other topic to start debating and discussing has to do with the LACRALO Operating Principles. This is the document that has been translated to both languages.

Another action item is to work with Carlos with Alberto Soto in relation to the metrics item. And then, we need the confirmation by Jose Arce in terms of the Rules of Procedures. So please, Silvia, could you please take note of these action items? And once you have done that, we can bring this call to an end.

So thank you very much. Happy Easter, and thank you very much to our interpreter.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]