

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome on today's ATLAS II organizing committee working group call, on Thursday the 17<sup>th</sup> of April, 16:00 UTC.

On today's call we have Eduardo Diaz, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Murray McKercher, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Roberto Gaetano, Pastor Peters, Siranush Vardanyan, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Wolf Ludwig, Dev Anand Teleucksingh, and Christopher Wilkensen, and Glenn McKnight.

Apologies today noted from Sergio Salinas Porot, Fatima Cambroner, Natalia Enciso, and Humberto Carrasco. And it is a holy day today for the Easter celebration.

And from staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang, Susie Johnson, Terri Agnew and myself, Gisella Gruber.

I hope I haven't left anyone off of the roll call. And if I could please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you. Over to you Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Gisella. This is Eduardo for the record. The next item on the agenda is, [?] the agenda, does anybody have anything to add or comment on the proposed agenda? Not hearing anything. We can jump right into the updates on the action items.

But before I start, I will again stress the fact, it will really help and speed up the updates of these items, if you put a brief status report, or a one

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

liner, in the chat. So we can pick it up later, and it will be easier to update the status of the next action item, and we can discuss in detail.

But I would really appreciate it if you can put something in the chat. So with that in mind, let's start with Carlos Reyes. Carlos, please, can you have – status 29, 30, and 32. Can you say them and give us a brief update of where we are with those? Thank you.

CARLOS REYES:

Thank you Eduardo. This is Carlos Reyes. I just... I will provide my update here and then I'll write my update in the Adobe chat as well. Action item 29, the ATLAS II participants wiki page. All of the information about ALS representatives is up to date, [?].

I'm just waiting to add information about the working groups, the [thematic] working groups. And the mentor assignments. So once those... As those are determined, I will update that information on that page. Any questions about action item 29?

Okay. Action item 30, this reminder of a survey regarding thematic sessions. This is opened back in March. Now that there are new thematic working groups, a new survey will be going out to the ATLAS II participants. Earlier this week, the events working group had a call, and I was given the action item to create a new survey. Just waiting on some details, descriptions for the thematic working groups.

And then that will be sent out to all of the participants. So that is the update for action item 30. And I will write that into the chat once I'm done here. And then for action item 32, send a quick note to the RALOs

---

suggesting an ATLAS II status update in their monthly meetings. I will work with Silvia on this.

I will, since she manages our RALOs, as you all know, I will work with her so that the RALO secretariats are including ATLAS II updates in their monthly meeting.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Carlos for the update. On that last one, action item, that's something that I pick up on the conversations that we had in Singapore. Mainly the reason for the this is that, so we can maintain, outside the ATLAS II working groups, and we hear about all the RALOs, a communication channel where any of us can go and update the RALOs, through their multi-calls about specific of what's happening with the event.

And, you know, if they have any questions or something. So we can communicate more with the rest of the At Large, other than with the group of participants, and also we're working on getting this event. Thank you so much Carlos. Any comments about, go ahead. Who is this? Yes?

Are there any comments about any of these action items? No, okay. The next one is, Heidi, you have action item nine, 26 and 31 please. Can you state them and update us on them.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you Eduardo. So for nine, this is Heidi for the record. So, for nine [?].

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Eduardo, it's Glenn. If you want to go ahead in the meantime, I'm the next person.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Let's wait for Heidi. Did she say that she was going to do something?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: If you heard her. I think her child was acting up in the background.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, sorry, we're dealing with that. Sorry. Doesn't want to brush her teeth. Okay, number nine, ask constituency travel about visa application invitation letters for ATLAS II participants, and ensure that the list of approved travelers is sent to the foreign office for distribution to the UK embassies and UK consulates around the world.

So, what I've heard from constituency travel is that [?] sent notes to all of these travelers needing visas, the necessary information. And then we also have the invitation letters for London now available in the five world languages, plus Portuguese. So that is completed. The only issue now is the [?] for foreign office, so I'll look into that.

---

Then, let's see, the next one is 26. Just trying to locate that. Okay, coordinate having a special lanyard or a special sticker at the bottom of the name tags to identify ATLAS II participants. So, the PR group is going to meeting next week, and it's going to confirm, but what we do have already is a ribbon that will say, ATLAS II Participant in purple.

And meeting staff have confirmed that they will be able to provide that. The special lanyard is being designed as well, so that again, the PR group is going to confirm that. And then once we have that, we will work with vendors for that. And the distribution will be not at the registration desk, it will be during the first plenary session.

So I'm just putting the wiki page – to see what the ribbons look like and the lanyards right now. This is the proposed lanyards, they're white background with purple text that says ATLAS II June London 2014, with the ATLAS II logo, which is the At Large logo with the word ATLAS II on the bottom of those. And then the final one 31, update on room assignments for ATLAS II summit events. So again, what we've identified is that yeah, we do have the ATLAS II plenary Saturday, Sunday and Thursday. That will be in the Windsor suite.

There is room enough for about 200 people in there. The thematic sessions, there are five rooms for those. One two will be in the main room, divided I believe, and then there are three breakout rooms. And the Fayre of Opportunity will be in the Windsor suite as well. And we're just confirming with Nancy whether, if we stop the clock at 13:00, whether her team will be able to move the u-shape, so there will be more room for that. Those are the updates for mine.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Heidi for the update. I have next Pastor Peters. Please, you have the floor. Yes. I cannot hear you Pastor. You sound very far away.

PASTOR PETERS: Okay. Can you hear me now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Too low.

PASTOR PETERS: Hello? Can everybody hear me now? Hello? [?] Hello?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Hello. You sound very far away.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Type it in, the issue.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, Pastor, we can barely hear you. Can you type in the chat what you want to ask? Okay, thank you Pastor, thank you. As soon as we fill the information in the chat room, we'll talk and chat about it. In the meantime, Glenn, you're next. Fayre of Opportunities.

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT:                    Okay. Hi everybody. Can you hear me?

EDUARDO DIAZ:                    Who is this? Pastor?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:                No, it's Glenn.

EDUARDO DIAZ:                    Glenn. Yes we can hear you, Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:                Okay. So quickly, items that we've been discussing, top of the order, is sponsorship which Olivier is responsible for, perhaps he can give us an update on that in his report. That quickly, I ask for Nancy back in Singapore for a blank layout, hopefully we'll have that soon.

So we can have designated spots for our table and the names for each of the RALOs to have a volunteer for the tables. We have all of the volunteers for the tables, but we are missing a couple of music aggregators still, because as you recall, we agreed to have music just in the background, and each of the RALOs are going to have a sampler music to be played in the background during the event.

The main outstanding issue, when I spoke with Heidi and Duncan, was the speaker. Tim [Burnes Lee], according to Duncan's conversation with me, was looking for some obscene amount for a speaker for 10 or 15 minutes, so we need to deal with that issue, our inspirational speaker.

---

I did see Vince [?] at the AARON session the last couple of days. He was happy to do a remote video, at no cost. But I think the discussion was to have someone of influence at the event. So that's it for me.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. And this is a question for the whole group... But Olivier, please, go ahead, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much. Eduardo. This is Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. Can you hear me?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes we can hear you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Excellent, perfect, thank you. The question, did I hear this correctly from Glenn? Nancy was supposed to be providing with a floor plan of where the desks will go? I wasn't quite sure on the...

GLENN MCKNIGHT: My conversation with staff was that they were going to have a blank, remove the access chairs. If you recall at our meeting for the Fayre in Singapore, we had a nice layout, that it was full of chairs and whatnot. She was supplying another template, from, using Auto Cat or something, and then placing the five tables in the room as well.



---

So we would have a sense of how the layout... The speaker podium, the layout for the room for our next call. But I haven't seen it yet.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Glenn. I don't know whether that's the case. I was under the impression that the last discussion we had with staff was that we could not move the u-shape tables, the tables that were [?] in the u-shape for the ALAC.

Now, can I just ask staff to confirm or change this? Because I see there is a discrepancy here between what you're expecting and what Nancy is expecting at the moment.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Olivier, let me clarify. I didn't say that the u-shape table was being removed. I'm just talking about the access chairs that were around the u-table. I think it was very clear that Nancy said we couldn't move that stuff.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks Glenn. Then that, yeah. This way we are still working for them, and I guess then maybe staff could follow up on that. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, this is Heidi. Just to confirm, so we're not now, actually asking Nancy to move the u-shape, because I thought there was an action item from the events call, that said that I was going to follow up with Nancy,

---

if her team could remove the u-shape, if we stop any meetings in that room at 14:00.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Heidi, this is Eduardo. You are correct. That's something that she mentioned as a possibility, that if we allow her to get in at 14:00, she most probably will have time to remove the whole thing, and then do it so we can have the Fayre and then she will put it back, but she had to check with her crew members because they are doing something else on Monday.

And Tijani, you may want to add that. You have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. Even if I remember very well that Nancy said that it is not possible to remove the u-shape, because of the equipment linked to it because of the tables, because of microphones, etc. And also the power cables that are on the table also. But in our event call yesterday, not yesterday, two days ago, we had an action item that Heidi will check with her, because we removed...

We didn't remove, but we plan to remove the session starting for 10:30, and put it at the morning, so that if it is possible, Nancy could perhaps remove the u-shape for the Fayre. Because I repeat it again, the u-shape, we will not have a social event, you will have something different because you don't have place to circulate.

The u-shape will be a battle for everyone. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Any other comments on this? So, I will say to Heidi, let's say by the next call or before, we can get an answer from Nancy. Just to get [CROSSTALK]...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, she said she's just waiting to hear back from her team, so it should be in the next...

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. And going back to, before we move ahead, by the way thank you Glenn for your input. Before we move ahead, Pastor wrote in the chat what he wanted to tell us. He is asking, if there is a deadline for the submission of, for participants for visas to be submitted by the PR department [?] of the name... dealt with as they come, or will the names be dealt with as they are submitted? Heidi can you answer this?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let me just take a look at the question.

EDUARDO DIAZ: It's in the chat.

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: So this is Heidi. So, I will need to follow up with constituency travel about that, to find that answer.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. So, I guess you can answer this before the time of our next call. Okay. So let's, Pastor, if you have any other questions, please write them in the chat and we'll try to answer them. So the next one is Tijani, can you update us on the events please?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you very much. So first, for the action item #22, it speaks about the rooms, the arrangement of the rooms with the staff. Concerning this point, now we have still, let's say, [?] about three sessions. The first one is our meeting with the GAC. The second, our meeting with the ccNSO. And the third will be the Fayre.

The Fayre about removing the u-shape. The two others, the rules, we are not sure there will be, if you know... For the ccNSO, the room, perhaps will not be enough to accommodate all of the ALAC members plus the summit participants. For the GAC, we don't have yet any confirmation.

So this is not the problem of [?] I think. This is for the rooms. But for the event, we have another very important issue, which is the [Timothy's groups] constitution. Carlos has already prepared the survey, he sent it to me, it is very good. Now we are waiting for the introduction of the subjects, by the subject matter experts.

---

Once we have them, we will launch the survey and we count on the RALO leadership to follow up, to try to make their ALSs respond to this survey, because we are really in need of this information to accommodate the rooms. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. I also want to add that Carlos sent an email, I believe, this morning, or a few hours ago, that says that it has already the initial framework for the survey, we just need to add these abstracts information to each of the theme, so we can send it out.

And also, he's asking for confirmation that [?] he did it, what we... Or the event groups is expecting to have. Did you receive...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, it is ready. The survey is ready, we only need the introduction for each subject, that's all.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. So what I'm hearing is, and I want to confirm this is, that what Carlos did, it's okay. We need to add the abstracts. Is that correct?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. It is okay, I checked it. It's okay.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. Olivier, I saw your hand up, I guess [?]. So now we have the communications group. And I don't see anybody – Carlos, I don't know if Carlos is online, maybe we can get an update on this, but in the meantime, Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, hi. This is a communication question. I wonder if Heidi can give us an update on the short promotional video that was created? Whether that's available for distribution yet? Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm not sure what you're talking about Glenn. But Heidi, you can answer this question?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry. Could you repeat that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. Back in Singapore, we gathered together, representatives from ALSs to produce a short promotional video of the ATLAS II. And there were burning it and everything. I'm just wondering what's the status on that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. I'm just seeing from the communications team, the final cut on that, and then we'll go ahead and send it. Shall I send it to the OC? Or who should I send that to when it's ready to go?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry. Heidi, can you repeat that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So I'm just waiting from the final video from the communications team, and I expect that in the next day or so. So, if not today... Who should I send that to? Should I send that to the OC mailing list?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes. I'm confused here, maybe I missed something, and Glenn you can enlighten me with this. What is the purpose of this video? What is it going to be used for?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: It's a promotional video to just remind the ALSs of the great event we're doing. It's a very short, very upbeat video, inviting people in different languages. The faces of ALAC. It's again, just another method, other than just strictly a text message. You'll be pleased when you see it. We're looking forward to it.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So Heidi, why don't we send it to the OC list, and then I guess, eventually, we'll like it or we are in agreement with this video, we are just going to send it to the participants on this. Is that correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, correct.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. It's not something we're going to send to At Large as a whole, is it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, it's just for the participants. Basically, I've seen the rough draft. So it's basically five people from five different regions, just saying very briefly what the summit is, and then welcoming everyone to London.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So yeah, I think that is a great idea. So this will be the [?] and then we looked at it, and then if we all agree on the video, then we just send it to the list. And I'm also going to post it somewhere for people to look at. So, thank you so much Glenn and Tijani.

Carlos's group is not here, but I just wanted to discuss, you know, there are some items here that... Since I really want the communications group to concentrate on the newsletter, and the webpage, you know, things like finding memorabilia. And even the hashtag that we talked about last time, I'm proposing here to move that to Murray, the public



---

relations subgroup so they can deal with all of that stuff over there, including the lanyards and speakers and all of that stuff.

So if nobody abstains that, then I'm going to go ahead and do that. Okay? I have a tick from Dev, and no abstains. So, I will do that. So the next one is Murray McKercher, with action items 25 and 33, and here also proposing to merge some things that are very inter-related to the public relations.

I just don't want to create more action items, so I'm going to propose to move this to the [?] of the public relations group and state, you know, we can take care of that there. So, Murray you have the floor.

MURRAY MCKERCHER:

Thank you Eduardo. This is Murray McKercher for the record. So I would agree with Eduardo's comments that action items be merged. So action item 17, which is the development of the outreach ATLAS II strategic goals, I think most of that has been done, we just need to put it into a succinct format.

The likely impact and call to action, which is action item #19, and the coordination of the public relations sub working group, so all of those would fit within, I guess, action item 25. And the public relations sub working group is having a meeting next week.

There is a Doodle out at the moment, which Heidi has organized. So thank you very much for that. I haven't seen the outcome of that yet, but if you could spread the word to the appropriate people, that would

---

be helpful. If I could also just bring item, I believe, it's 33, what have you got for me?

RFID QR codes. Just a quick questions, perhaps for Olivier, if he is on the call or staff as well, whether the practicality of our FID or QR code in the UK market would make sense.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

This is Eduardo for the record. Murray, [?] can you give us a, you know, an understanding of what this RFI is and the QR codes and how they can be used? So we understand exactly what this is all about, because I put it in there because we want to discuss in the last call, I didn't want to [?] your idea.

And Cheryl was very adamant to have something like this, but you know, I would like you to give us a call, some minutes and explain on how – and your experience as to how this has been used in other meetings, I guess.

MURRAY MCKERCHER:

Yes, I can do that happily, thank you. So RFID, radio frequency ID chips are something that I've seen in a few conferences where in the badge of the participants, that actually have a radio frequency identifier. And it allows you to share your contact information easily with a RFID reader, either on a smartphone.

And there are more sophisticated where we can actually track folks where they are in the venue. I'm not sure we need to do that. Either that technology, or a more simplified QR code, so that your name and

---

your affiliation are on your badge, and one can scan that again on a smartphone device. I know QR codes have been around for a while, I'm not sure how much they're adopted in other parts of the world.

So, I raise it as a possibility, but it would obviously depend on whether we think it would have any traction at the event.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

So this is Eduardo for the record. I have a question for the [?], is that something that you need a special appointment? Or you can just use your smartphone to gather the information?

MURRAY MCKERCHER:

Primarily it is with a smartphone. There, again, are actually gates at various events where you, instead of being there, have your ID checked. As you go through, your ID is being broadcast, so your ability to get into events is simplified. I'm not sure that's a requirement for the summit though.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

This is Eduardo again. And Olivier, I will allow you to get the floor now. Another question I have is, so having modified my – [?] my phone, you probably will not be able to use it smartly, or if you want to do something more than that, you will require special equipment. I'm just looking at the [?]... And the QR code is just something that you print somewhere, right? And you scan it through some kind of application through the phone. Is that correct?

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes, QR codes are very much simplified and they're easily created and printed on badges.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So thank you for your... Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So, of course, the two technologies have actually been tested at IETF meetings, and it appears that ICANN has not decided to use either of these two, or even test either of these two. The ICANN badges do not have, as far as I know, do not have a, sorry, a QR code on them.

There have been a previous ICANN meeting, and I cannot remember which one it was, I think it might have been in Korea, where the local host had implemented some kind of scanning technology, so when you went to a place, people would have little hand held device and they just get your details through this.

They haven't been followed. I don't know whether it's something to do with the local hosts, or whether it [?] itself that's going to commit to this. Since that time, ICANN has implemented [?] for printing badges, and that really doesn't have any QR codes on it. If we wish to print out or own QR codes, and have it as a little sticker at the back of the badges perhaps, and have those people who have smartphones, they can then scan the badges, get the input, the data from each one of the QR codes when they scan it, that's something which I think would be entirely fine.

But I do think we need it as an optional thing, that people have that done. One of the concerns is with regards to privacy, certainly on QR codes, but that is something which needs explicit scanning on RF ID as Murray very well explained there, could be a portal that is located next to a door, that might pick the information of the RF ID chip automatically, and that's something which some people frown on.

And certainly, at the IETF, when this was tested out, and I'm saying the IETF a few years ago, when this was tested out, some people put their card, or whatever it was, that had the RF ID chip in, inside a foil so as to not be track-able throughout the venue. People generally do not like to be tracked around. And I'm not quite sure what that would bring to us.

[?], I know what that would bring to us, effectively we'll know who is in the room, who is not in the room, and who is attending, who is not attending. That said, it's also possible that one person can take a whole bunch of cards with them in the bag and then bring them, and everybody is attending, and the room is empty.

That's a different thing around the RF ID chips. If, well the technology itself is well proven, it's expensive to implement, and that – if we were to do something with RF ID, we would have to pay for it ourselves. There is no budget or anything like that that is reserved having RF ID tracking systems. So helpful, so at the moment, not on the official ICANN telescope. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. So, does anybody have a comment about this?

---

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, I do.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Who is I? Glenn. That's right.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yes, yes. It's Glenn for the record. Just, I do understand what Olivier is saying. I would suggest that the best opportunity for the QR code can be used effectively is the people who are going to be volunteering at our table at the Fayre of Opportunity. I'll post... Here is the link that you can generate an image.

In my case, I'll be making a number of images pointing people directly to the NARALO page. It doesn't need a sticker, it doesn't need high cost, and it's again, targeted. The beauty of this, you can track how many people actually use the QR code to go to the site.

So there is metrics involved. Now one of the things that Dev was talking earlier in the chat box, I don't think he has audio, but the whole metrics in terms of tracking individuals, that's a whole scary topic. It sounds good on some aspects, but I do get what Olivier is talking about in terms of privacy and all.

So, in the simple use, I think a simple printing of a QR code, and having it so that it's there, it would be very interesting to see how people use it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. We're ready please, you have the floor.

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes thank you Eduardo. It's Murray McKercher for the record. So I would agree with Olivier's comments and concerns about privacy, and the experience of the IETF, which I was not aware of, although it makes sense to me, RF.. perhaps a little over the top for us at this point. But to Glenn's comments, I think implementing QR codes is not that difficult and it would be worthwhile to see how that's used at the summit.

And I think it has a value and would not cost a lot to do. Perhaps we should verify it for a future time. So those are my comments. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you Murray. So I'm going to ask the group members, if we should pursue the... I believe the IFI is out of the question, because of what has been told. Should we pursue the QR code for the ATLAS II meeting? That's the question that I have to the group.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's Olivier speaking. That's my QR code that I'm sharing on the screen.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I don't see your face there.

---

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's the QR code.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's Cheryl. You can have your face wherever you want, QR codes [?].  
simple however.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So not hearing any abstentions to use QR codes. Murray, can you take this under your umbrella and define how we're going to use the QR code, and work it out so we all know, you know...? Where it can be put, how it can be used, and how we can communicate to people that that information is there? So they can use for, you know, kind of business cards [?] information, you know, having cards all over the place. Is that okay with you Murray?

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes Eduardo. It's Murray speaking. I will take that task on. I think it's not an either/or, I think it's an adjunct and something that has allowed folks to easily show information, and connect the Internet to people. So I think it's very good. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. I think that's a great idea. So moving on, thank you Murray for all of the updates. And I believe Fatima



---

Cambronero is not online, so next one is sponsorship. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. Sponsorship at the moment, not very much has moved forward. A part from, I'm also speaking to PIR at the moment, Public Interest Registry, they're looking at sponsoring maybe the lunch. There is a bit of a confusion here, think they can sponsor a Saturday lunch, and we're looking at having our Sunday lunch sponsored.

With regards to the others, there was a proposal from Afilas to do a [bitter] in a pub, outside the venue some place. That would be on the Saturday night, where we already have a room that is booked at the [Hilton Paddington], the hotel just the road, and that's the ballroom at the [Hilton Paddington]. We have to discuss this further with Afilas, and finding out if we cannot bring the pub to the room, or something like that.

If we were to leave, basically cancel the booking of the room at the [Hilton Paddington], we would have to – we would suffer some penalties that we would have to cover. So that's where the discussion is at the moment. There has been no further movement from the other sponsors so far. I think I already told you that Google has committed, to some user – I think it's about \$10,000 or so. And [?]....

As we speak, following up with everyone, and making sure we will have more than enough for all of the things that we wish to do, if of course, you have any other contacts or suggestions as to other organizations we

---

can get in touch with, please let me know and we can talk to them. It's better to have more than not enough. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. Anybody wants to comment on this? If not, thank you Olivier for the update, and Cheryl you have action item 24, ROI.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you. Cheryl Langdon-Orr for the record. I did put in the chat earlier, so it's already in. Call back together, that there is no further update to this issue [?]. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you so much. Any comments on this? If not, we're almost at the end of the call, but before we go to the next steps and wrapping up the whole meeting, I want to come back to the speaker that Glenn brought up. And this is a question for the group. We are getting closer to the event, and we don't have any determination on [?], so I just want to get a feeling from the group, how long are we going to wait before having a final answer?

And if we can come up with an idea of a second speaker? I believe there was, from last meeting, there was another person that was mentioned, that was very, how do you say, he's very well-known in the Internet circles. And maybe we want to start reaching to that person. What I want to get [?] for a time frame here. How long are we going to wait?

---

And we can get a definite answer from staff, and I'm talking here about PR staff, Heidi, what are the chances that this person is coming or not? In the meantime, think about that. And Cheryl you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I have an answer to your question. It's Cheryl for the record. [?] ...I told you that his name was [?], and he would be [?]...and I [don't] think you should invite him yourself, I think you should do other objectives.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, Cheryl, I only received half of what you said. Maybe because of the communication line is not that clear. Can you repeat that again?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's 10 to three in the morning, and I'm next to my sleeping husband. But that's all right, I will now speak up. You people make these calls at inconvenient times. I said, the answer to your question on how long we wait, [?] is not another microsecond. We wait no longer, I said, at the time, his name has been brought up, but to my knowledge, and my experience, he [?]. It appears for us that he is going to be horrendously expensive.

So, waste no more time on that and pursue another speaker. Thank you.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you so much. Now I got it. So, what does the rest of the group think? Should we say that we're not going to pursue this anymore and look for a second speaker? I'm looking for comments here to help me out with this. No comments, okay? Well, I'm going to take the discussion offline and see if we can come up with another speaker by the next call.

We will take this conversation offline and through the emails, if that's okay with everyone. So anybody have anything else to add? If not, I am proposing that we meet again two weeks from now, same time, same day of the week. And if there is no abstentions to that, Murray please, you have the floor.

MURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes, sorry. I thought we had a moment left. I put in the chat that I was suggesting as a speaker someone from outside the Internet circles, but someone who has certainly leveraged the Internet and would be a potentially large draw or supporter, and I had suggested Sir Richard [Branson] as the – he's a UK national, and somewhat well-known globally. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Murray. And Olivier, I [?] in the chat, so Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Eduardo. And thank you for the suggestion Murray. What I would suggest then is to draw up a list, and then we can pass this

---

list over to Sally and her team at [?] who is the PR firm that deals with these things. They have direct access to a lot of these people, and will be able to find out quite quickly if they would be able to get a hold of them.

Of course, if you know those suggested speakers yourself, personally, it's probably even better because you can then just fire off an email over to them. So, I know that Dev has mentioned that, or [?] if anyone here knows Larry [?] send a quick email to him and find out about his whereabouts in London, around that time. Richard [Branson], very likely that the PR team, ICANN's PR, the consultancy would be able to get ahold of him.

There was also a suggestion of [?] Fox as well, who was a dot com entrepreneur in the UK. I made a suggestion of having the equivalent to the person who deals with the apprentice in the US. He started out [?] at the PT Hardware company in the UK, and he's known for being quite strong in his words.

But there are other names that are being circulated, the question is, are any of these people ready to come and speak to us for free? And that's the big problem. Time is money and we seem to be the only ones who are ready to do things for free, everyone else seems to be wanting fees and things, especially in London, greedy [beloved place].

Yes, and there was a drop in the call just now. Anyway, thank you.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. So I'm here, I'm thinking about how to go around doing this. Do we... There is mention here the talk with Sally and to see if she has other speakers. I heard lots of name from Olivier and some of you. How do we go out and manage...? Maybe Murray from the PR point of view, can you take this over and try to churn some names and come up with ideas and possibilities of speakers with your group?

And bring them back to the OC and [?] to this committee, and see if we can get to this [CROSSTALK]...

MURRAY MCKERCHER: It's Murray speaking. So I'm happy to take that on. I think it probably fits in with that particular activity, and we can add that to the agenda for the call next week, if Heidi could, or we could add that to the action items, so I don't forget it, that would be very good.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So thank you so much Murray. So we will do it that way and see if we can get this finalized somehow. So with that in mind, I'm moving to adjourn this call. Okay? We'll hear you very soon again. So thank you everyone for attending.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]