
GISELLA GRUBER: I'd like to welcome everyone on today's preparation for pre-ATLAS II Capacity Building Program call on Wednesday, 9th of April at 20:00 UTC. On today's call we have Leo Vegoda, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Julie Hammer, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Thomas Rickert, Alan Greenberg. We have apologies noted from Avri Doria. From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Terri Agnew and myself, Gisella Gruber. Also to let you know, Marika Konings and Nathalie Peregrine will be joining us shortly. Over to you Tijani. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Gisella. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening. This call is intended to program the schedule for the next Capacity Building Program for the ALS representatives; to prepare them for the Summit. We already defined the topics to be addressed according to the Survey we did with the ALS representatives. We tried to identify the persons who can give the training on those topics. Thank you all who came forward and confirmed their participation in this Capacity Building Program.

The first thing I want to do here is adopt the Agenda. Are you okay with the Agenda that we sent and put on the Adobe Connect here? I don't see anyone raising his hand so the Agenda is adopted. We'll go to the next Item, which is scheduling the Pre-Summit Capacity Building webinars. There is a lot to decide on today. All the trainers are not available today, but we'll try to work with those who are here, and try to contact the others to complete the schedule that we'll try and start now.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

First of all, the duration of the Program will be of seven weeks [totally unfortunately? 02:53] – seven weeks because we have to start very soon, so we'll try to start on 14th April, and we cannot continue until the Summit because people will be busy with the preparation of their trip, etcetera, so we'll give them two weeks to be free from this Capacity Building Program. It will be between 14th of April and the end of May. If we are obliged that we make another webinar, then it'll be the next week, but I hope not.

For example, for the first topic, we decided... We identified... Which is the future of Internet governance. We have two trainers confirmed – Olivier Crépin-Leblond and Nigel Hickson. Olivier's here. Nigel's not, but he'll try and contact us. He's in Dubai, he said. We need first to know, Olivier, your availability to give at least one webinar about the future of Internet governance. Also, I want you to advise if we'll need more than one session for this topic according to your experience. Olivier, please?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you very much Tijani. The future of Internet governance is obviously a very, very wide topic. With regards to my availability, as you know I'm on many, many conference calls, every day, and I'm sure we can find some time, if we set it up in advance, there would be some time for you to be able to hold the webinars. I would be rather careful about having just one webinar. I think there is so much to take in, I'm a little concerned about having very long webinars, webinars which might seem to be boring after a certain amount of time.

I know that some webinars are sometimes an hour and half in length and sometimes it just ends up with people either dropping off after an hour or absolutely no questions to be asked. Since we are dealing here with an audience of At-Large structures that are very varied in kind, some would be quite knowledgeable and others not at all. I'd say at least two webinars – one during a week, and then wait a couple of weeks for the next one afterwards.

That would give enough time for the ALSes that did not manage to take part to actually listen to the recordings, watch the presentations, this sort of thing. I think we'd probably be able to have better participation in that way, by leaving a couple of weeks between a couple of webinars. With regards to the topics themselves, I'll obviously speak with Nigel about this. There's certainly some movement going on as we speak. As you know there's the Net Mundial Conference in a couple of weeks' time.

As we speak, Nigel is in Dubai for the World Telecommunication... WTDC, so there's just so much going on. It would be good to have a mix between the actual facts and the things that are going on, and also are part of the forecasting of what's coming up to us, what challenges we have, these sorts of things. That's all I can say for the time-being. As you can see it's not something that's cast in stone. But hopefully we will have some visuals by the time we can have the first webinar, because something visual is always easier for people to understand than just us speaking. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Olivier. [inaudible 07:30] [first of all we have to?]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Tijani. We can't hear you properly.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Do you hear me now? Thank you. Sorry, it was a microphone problem. Thank you Olivier. You are right. We decided that the webinar session couldn't be very long because we will not have the attention of the trainees at the end of each webinar if it's very long. So try to keep it within an hour. As an extreme we can go to 90 minutes, but I hope we won't.

Second point: I think that two sessions could be good for especially this topic, and you are two persons, so perhaps you can split it into two sessions; one for you and one for Nigel. Or perhaps you could combine it together and make two sessions with both of you. This would depend on your availability. I have a very important point to make before starting anything. I will ask Gisella what is the best time for all the regions, so that people can be available and attend the webinars. Gisella, can you tell me, please?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's usually between 18:00 and 21:00, isn't it?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: She did a study at one time, and told us that she knows the best time.

GISELLA GRUBER: Apologies, I do have the document ready for you. The best times are 13:00 UTC and 21:00 UTC. If you just give me a minute I'll upload the document in the Adobe Connect room and you'll see the equivalent in all the regions. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Gisella, a question please. Is 21:00 or 13:00...? Can we have everyone from all the regions available? This is my question. We cannot do it twice. We will do it only once. Since it's only once, we need the best time for all the regions.

GISELLA GRUBER: We have the two options of 13:00 and 21:00 UTC, so we can choose either/or.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Good.

GISELLA GRUBER: My thinking is, do we have them all at 13:00 UTC, or do we maybe have some at 13:00 or some at 21:00, just to share the pain of having an 11:00pm call?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, good.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Tijani, if I may? Thank you. I think with two call times... In several cases, even with all the willingness in the world, some dates just don't work for some people. If, in the seven weeks we, as instructors, are able to run two calls, and those two calls could be at the two different times, assuming the content of both our calls are going to be very similar, that does give people a lot more flexibility. I would have thought that would have been good practice. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Cheryl. At the beginning it was planned like this, but Heidi told me it's impossible to do it twice at two different times. That's why I'm trying to find the best... I think the proposal of Gisella to alternate between 21:00 and 13:00 is a good choice. Moreover, we'll have all the webinars recorded and people can come back to the recording and listen to it. Then at the next session they can then perhaps ask questions, etcetera. Thank you. I saw Alan's hand. He was very patient but unfortunately I was dealing with this question of time. Alan, go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: We've already covered a fair number of the issues. I was going to suggest that for things like governance, two different ones may well be warranted. Certainly there needs to be at least one of them after Net Mundial, because we can't ignore whatever happens or doesn't happen there. I was also going to suggest that maybe we want to schedule the IPv6 migration one during the week of Net Mundial.

It's the only one that doesn't have a speaker who's likely involved in that process. So although that's not in order, it may be wise to schedule that one in the start, and not try to have one of us do a webinar during the meeting week.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I agree.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much for that – a very wise remark. Leo is not with us, unfortunately. We'll try to write to him and propose...

LEO VEGODA: I'm here.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Leo, I don't see you on the Adobe Connect, that's why. Thank you very much Leo. Okay, so you heard, Leo, the proposal of Alan's? I think it's a wise remark. What do you think about it?

LEO VEGODA: Sorry, I can't remember what week Net Mundial takes place in?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: The week of the 24th-24th-25th of April.

LEO VEGODA: Yes, that's fine. No problem.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No problem? Okay, thank you very much. If we come back to the... Gisella, thank you for the times. Now we'll go back to the table. This was the first topic. Olivier, we need you to tell us... You know the times now. Olivier, what days will you be available for at least the first webinar? The second will be after Net Mundial, probably in May. Surely in May. When do you want to do it?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I'm going to be very frank with you, Tijani. I think that in the past, the Net Mundial, which is barely in two weeks – in fact, I think we're talking about two weeks exactly starting on this day, on the Wednesday – it would be absolutely futile to speak about the future of Internet governance before one of the major steps into the future of Internet governance takes place.

So except if you're going to have a webinar that will speak about what's going to happen at Net Mundial, or will speculate on that, I would suggest that both of these webinars be after Net Mundial, during the month of May. I don't know why it would be so important for this to be as early on in the Program.

What I was going to suggest was we maybe split that, so we don't have to have all of these calls in a way where this is the first thing that we speak about, and then everything else has to wait until we move on that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Can you propose the time?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you. What I was going to propose then, looking at the month that we have ahead, is that... The Net Mundial is taking place on the 23rd and 24th of this month. That's in two weeks' time. I would suggest that we would have maybe a first call on the week of the 28th of April. That's just a week after the Net Mundial meeting. It's likely that there will be a lot of very new inputs that are basically the outputs of the Net Mundial meeting, the discussions. It would give this idea of exciting news coming out. That certainly would get people to be interested.

I'd then give them a couple of weeks to digest this, and look at the week of maybe the 12th of May for a second webinar, that would then be looking at the future; as to, "Where do we go now?" That certainly would give Nigel and I a bit more time, with regards to taking a little bit of a step backwards from Net Mundial and seeing where Internet governance is moving next. On top of that, it will give the Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance, which is an ICANN cross-community working group, a little bit of time to digest what went on in Net Mundial as well/

It will also be able to provide more information as to what direction that Working Group is going to go into as well. I guess we always have to relate any of our webinars to what ICANN is doing, and to ICANN's mandate, and that's why I suggest this week.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much. I can say that the second webinar will be in the week of 12th May, and the first one at the beginning of May?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: The first one would be the last week of April – the week starting the 28th. That gives us that week immediately after Net Mundial, and then a week break, and then the week after, the week of the 12th of May, we'd have the second part of the webinar. So they're spaced out by two weeks. That gives time for people who did not manage to be on the webinar to listen to it in their own time.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Olivier, so the first call will be on the week of 28th of April, and it will be at 13:00. The second will be in the week of 12th May and it will be at 21:00. Does this work for you?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It works for me.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Very good. We'll have to confirm with Nigel later. Can we go to the second topic? Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. First a question – do I remember correctly you said the first one would be on the week of the 14th of April?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, 28th of April.

ALAN GREENBERG: No, the first one, period?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, you're right. We have to start on the week of 14th of April, because we don't have a lot of time for this Program.

ALAN GREENBERG: Correct. Since we've just added an extra Internet governance one, we're either going to have two in one week, or spill into your week you didn't want to use. That's the comment. I'd suggest that we need to schedule next week's meeting very quickly, because from a participants' point of view, we're not going to get any if we only do it two days ahead of time. Secondly, are there any topics here where the speakers are going to be prepared as early as next week? I know I am not.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay Alan, thank you very much. I understand. We'll ask our trainers present here: who's ready to start on the week of 14th of April? As you said, Alan, we'll be obliged to do, sometimes, two webinars a week. Otherwise we'll not be able to complete this Program. I think that Leo is ready, but we'll try to schedule his during the week of the Net Mundial.

LEO VEGODA: I'm actually unable to do one next week because of the ARAN meeting, I'm afraid.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I wonder, Tijani, if Communication would be a possibility? It would depend on Nathalie and Dev's scheduling.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Dev is here. Dev, are you ready to start the week of 14th of April.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I think I could [push it? 23:35] for the 14th of April. I can do it and also send out a notice asking people whether they want to know about communication tools, and any particular issue they want to be explained. I think I could try it for the 14th.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Dev. I think the issue here is the communication tools for ALS Members. Some expressed some difficulties to use the communication tools, and that's why we programmed this topic for capacity building. So I don't think it's a very special thing. It will be more [familiarization? 24:26], more making it easy and clear for them on how to use Wikis, how to find a page on Wiki, a website, etcetera. I think this is the most important thing for them. You can send the note and have more information if you want. Julie?

JULIE HAMMER: Thank you. Tijani. For those of us who aren't on the Adobe Connect, it's a little difficult to follow when you're talking about a topic. I'm not even sure whether the list of [site? 25:20] original topics have changed. If you could just be a little bit more detailed on what the topic is, and what you're talking about at the time, for those of us who can't see the Adobe Connect, that would be really good. Thank you.

NIGEL HICKSON: Good evening to you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Hi Nigel.

NIGEL HICKSON: I'm so sorry I'm late. I'm at Dubai airport. It's just chaotic. I'm on a mobile phone, so I'll try and mute. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Nigel. Since you're here and you hear us, we've already spoken with Olivier, who'll address with you the Future of Internet Governance topic. Olivier proposed we do two webinars. The first would be during the week of 28th of April, and the second during the week of 12th of May. That's to give people time to digest what they've already received on the week of 28th of April. Also, we'll be starting then because we need to finish the Net Mundial, so that we can bring in all the inputs from that event. Do you agree with that?

NIGEL HICKSON: Absolutely. I'm in your hands. I think that's an excellent idea. There's an awful lot going on in Internet governance. As you know, I've just come away from the ITU WTD Conference. Of course we've got Net Mundial and then the London Conference in June. So yes, I'm fully with you, sir, thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Nigel. Back to Communications. So that's okay Dev? Nathalie will be on later and we'll try and confirm it with her. Another question Dev: do you think we need more than one webinar for that? I don't think so.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: The call might be 90 minutes, depending on the number of topics I need to present. I'll try my best to keep it to 60 minutes. If there's a [later? 28:06] topic I need to follow up, of course I can be reached offline and I can help anybody afterwards that way. I don't anticipate it to be so.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much. This is something very good. We can continue. I'd prefer to go... One moment. I would prefer to work through the topics and try to find the right time for each trainer. We'll go to topic number two, which is Policy, Including Security and Stability. Since Avri is absent, we can try to get in touch with her. Julie, you are here. I think that here we also need to have two webinars; one specific

for security and stability and the other for the policy issues and discussion in ICANN. Julie, please go ahead.

JULIE HAMMER: Yes. I'm very happy to present a webinar and I would be happy to do it sometimes during the week of the 12th of May, any day, probably 12th, 13th of 14th. Even the 15th would be fine for me. If you would like to make a selection of one of those dates I'd be very happy to present a webinar.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you Julie. I retain the date of 15th of May. Do you prefer 13:00 or 21:00?

JULIE HAMMER: I don't mind. I'm happy with either one.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. That gives us more flexibility.

JULIE HAMMER: If you wish me to choose I'd choose 13:00.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much.

JULIE HAMMER: Do you want to finalize the date now?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, I've put the 15th of May. Are you okay with that?

JULIE HAMMER: Yes, that will be fine.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much. Very good. Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I just wanted to be clear that what you're proposing now is two separate webinars; Julie focusing, on the 15th of May, on the security and stability aspect, and Avri on policy at some other time. You're not proposing that Avri and Julie do one and share a space – is that correct?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, I'm not proposing that, because I've already discussed with Julie and I think that she'd be fine to make her webinar about security and stability in one webinar.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If that's the case, can I suggest when we put out the topics for more public consumption you need to spread them out further, because at the moment the Future of Internet Governance is clear, and that's going to run a couple of times. Your current [two? 32:16] policy, including

security and stability is now split into two. So let's just make them clear. As we go through the list let's make sure... I'd rather have nine than someone look at topic number two "Policy Including Security and Stability" and not realize that they're not going to be duplicated; they're going to be separate. Thanks.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I understand your remark very well. Perhaps we should split them into two titles – the first is "Policy Issues" and the second "Security and Stability". That's your proposal, isn't it?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Correct.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, we'll do that.

JULIE HAMMER: I'm happy with that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Julie. Very good. So, I will continue to work through the table. The next point is the PDP. Marika is absent. Thomas is here and Olivier is here.

MARIKA KONINGS: I'm here.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Hi Marika, hi! Very good. Please, you three are here and you'll tell me how many sessions you'll need to address the process of the policy development.

THOMAS RICKERT: I'm not sure how many sessions we'd need to do. I could offer to do two webinars, if needed. In terms of timing, I guess the best timeframe for me would be either the 28th to the 30th of April, or the 5th, 7th, 8th or 9th of May. These are the days I could offer best for this exercise. I'd also prefer to have the lunchtime slot, 13:00 UTC. I'd have one or two questions in terms of format and content. One is that I can certainly speak to the PDP that's used in the gNSO.

I'm not sure what your expectations are, but if you'd like other PDPs to be covered, that's something I'd need to know up-front, or have another speak talk about those. As you know, the ccNSO has a different PDP and the same would be true for other organizations in our state. If me focusing on the gNSO is okay then I'd be comfortable with the content. Also, I've asked a question in the chat that I don't think has yet been answered.

That is whether there will be staff support for preparing slides for additional supporting material. I'm not sure whether you want or have planned to provide the participants with material they can study offline; to the webinars or in preparation of the webinars. Maybe you can shed some light on that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. For your first question, you need information about the PDP in ICANN in general, and then the policy development in the gNSO and the policy development works or activities in ALAC, and that's why Olivier's here. We have Marika, we have Olivier and we have you. Perhaps we can share this together. I have Olivier and Marika asking for the floor. Olivier please?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Tijani. I would probably just need ten minutes to explain the PDP in At-Large and in ALAC. I have some slides to show for that. Maximum of ten minutes on that. The rest of the session can be handed over to Marika and Thomas.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: That's very good. That's what I was going to tell you, because we'll not make three session. We'll try to make it as short as possible, but very clear for people to understand the process. You'll need ten minutes, that's good. Marika, you have the floor.

MARIKA KONINGS: Thanks Tijani. I think it depends on how much detail you want to go into. As Tom's already referred to, I think we can talk for quite a while on the gNSO PDPs at a very high level, or go into great detail. I actually do have some slides that talk in general about policy development at ICANN. It covers both gNSO but also ccNSO and ASO. I don't know if it

makes more sense that I liaise with Thomas, and then share the slides and see how he'd like to divide those slides and talk about the topics?

Unless you really want to have a very detailed presentation on the gNSO PDP, we have some very detailed slides on those as well. So I think it [partly/probably 38:41] depends on [inaudible 38:43] beginning of the meeting on how high level, and how much detail you want to go into during these training sessions. I think between Olivier, Thomas and myself, I presume we can work out a way of dividing up the work and making sure we cover all the topics, presumably in one webinar. I don't think we'd need more.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, thank you Marika. My understanding is that we can do it all together in one 90-minute session. If we start with you presenting the PDP in ICANN in general, and then give the floor to either Olivier or Thomas to speak about the policy development in the gNSO, or in At-Large, and then the second one. This is my way of thinking, but I don't know. I want your input. Would it be okay with you like this?

THOMAS RICKERT:

I'm perfectly okay with that. I guess we'll take this offline and I'll liaise with Olivier and Marika to actually prepare these webinars. Maybe one comment – I think keeping it very high level, to give people a rough understanding of how things work is excellent. I can [inaudible 40:25] inauguration program at the last but one ICANN meeting. Where was that? Not the Singapore one but the one before Singapore. In Buenos

Aires. Actually, I was asked to talk a little bit on how community input works and whether it's actually leading to some tangible results.

So I tried in my talk there not only to focus on the procedural aspect, but also on some real-life examples where community participation actually led to changes to policies that actually became recommendations. So I think that if you'd like that to happen, I think you should give some examples and show it to the interested parties that will join the webinar – that actually the bottom-up, multistakeholder model works, and that participation is a worthwhile effort.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Exactly. Thank you very much Thomas. That's exactly what I think should be done. We're okay with that, but now I need a date. I need a certain time. When do you think would be best for all three of you? I know that Thomas prefers the week of 28th of April, or 8th of May. I'm asking the two other participants, Olivier and Marika, about those slots. Can you speak up?

MARIKA KONINGS:

My preference would definitely go as well to 13:00 UTC. It depends a bit on the date though, because there are other Working Group calls scheduled throughout the week. Monday is particularly a good day, and [inaudible 42:54], so... Thursday probably would work as well. It depends a bit... Maybe we could talk between Olivier, Thomas and myself and see what would work best, but I think I'm fairly flexible.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Marika, I have a conflict here because your preference is 21:00 UTC and Thomas prefers 13:00 UTC.

MARIKA KONINGS: No, my preference is also 13:00 UTC.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Very good. So you don't have a particular time? You're okay with both times but you prefer Monday or Thursday. That's it? Olivier, what do you think?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I've put it in the chat. Either week is fine with me and either time is fine with me. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Wonderful. This is something solved. Now we have Nathalie with us. Nathalie, we've already spoken with Dev about Communication. Nathalie, do you hear me?

NATHALIE PEREGRINE: Yes, I've been talking to Dev via Skype and he's been updating me about what I've missed.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, so you're okay? No problem?

NATHALIE PEREGRINE: No problem at all Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Very good. Thank you very much. Dev, please go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Sure. I'm just thinking, for our session we'll probably be 90 minutes. That's [inaudible 44:54] and the call will be interpreted, so everybody will have to speak slower, so it would be 90 minutes for our session.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, 90 minutes noted. Thank you very much. Coming back to the table, PDP and Rules of Procedure. Alan and Cheryl.

ALAN GREENBERG: I guess my first question is – and Cheryl shares it to some extent – is, exactly what are we trying to accomplish with this? Certainly we're not going to give all of these people a tutorial on all of the detailed ALAC working procedures. Is the thrust of it on the performance and measurement issues? Exactly why was the subject put on the list of one of the things to provide a tutorial on? I agree to talk on it, and I'm willing to, but I'm not sure I understand why.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: What are the objectives for this? What learnings do you intend for ALS Members to come away with?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, I think the ALS representatives asked for this topic because they feel lost. They don't know the Rules of Procedure of the ALAC. You'll tell me it's on the pages and everyone can access it – yes, I know, but if you can make it easier for them – and I know Alan is very skilled in this exercise – I'm not asking you to repeat or give material on all the rules with all the details, but try to give them the most important things in the Rules of Procedure.

As you said, the performance is something very important, I think. Also try to give them the structure and how it works, but not with a lot of detail – just to make them understand how it works.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, so if we're talking about the structure of the ALAC, how people are appointed to it, and a little bit on what we expect of the people in the various roles – you think that's a reasonable start? Clearly, as Cheryl and I start working on it we'll refine that, but it sounds like... We're certainly not going to give them a tutorial on the detailed rules of how the ALAC conducts [meetings? 47:53]. That's not of any real interest I don't think.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If I may, I might suggest... We have a good idea now. It's going to be a, what is ALAC, why is it, who should go to it, what to expect from them when they're there. That sort of stuff. Alan and I will bludgeon that into an acceptable... Now, did you want 60 or 90? I wasn't here at the beginning of the call. What's your timing on these webinars?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: What do you think Cheryl? Tell me.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think we can do it in 60. I'd be bored with 90 minutes of it.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm sure we can do it in 60.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I think so too.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: While I have the microphone, I did not have any particular fuss about date or time. I'm going to leave that up to Alan. However, I would be willing to do two, if you think you need me to do two, and if so we should do them at both times; 13:00 and 21:00. The rest is up to you Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: When you say two do you mean two of the same thing or two sections?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Two of the same thing.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. I thought we'd decided we're not going to do that. I thought Heidi rules that's not going to be done.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I believe Heidi said anything is possible, but the presenters would have to do it twice. I don't have a problem doing that.

ALAN GREENBERG: I have no problem doing it twice also. If that's an issue, I don't care which day, I don't care which time, other than conflicts with other meetings that I'm scheduled for, obviously.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. So if you like, Tijani, you can use us pretty much where you want, but Gisella has to be able to know that it's not going to conflict with any of our previous bookings.

ALAN GREENBERG: From my perspective, given that the next few weeks for me are heavily booked already, I'd prefer towards the end of the overall period, rather than earlier.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm happy with that as well. So I'll fit in where you want, as late as is practical in the process.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Alan, can I ask you what is the starting date that you will be available?

ALAN GREENBERG: I'd say the middle of May is my preference, so if we're talking about going through the full month of May I'd say no earlier than the week of the 12th, but preferably the 19th or the 26th.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Very good. I don't have any hands, so I'll continue working through the table. Leo, for the IPv4-IPv6 migration we said that you are okay with your week of Net Mundial, which is the week of the 20th.

LEO VEGODA: if I remember correctly from our email discussion in the lead-up to this call, my proposal was to cover five little segments in maybe five- to ten-minute sections so that we could fit in the hour and have time for questions. There would be a little bit on the history of addressing, the relative sizes of the IPv4 and IPv6 address spaces, feature equivalents, transition technologies and carrier grades network address translation, and then something on current IPv6 deployment status.

Those were the five topics I think we agreed on. I think that we could easily deliver an introduction to those, and have some discussion time, within an hour.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly, and we agreed on that, that's right. Thank you very much Leo. I think everything is okay for you now. What is your preferred time, 13:00 or 21:00?

LEO VEGODA: I'd prefer 21:00 but I can do 13:00 if that's what's needed. I'm at your disposal rather than you being at mine.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Leo. Okay, this is done. We've done Communications so we're okay. Now we have almost everything more or less decided. Now the effort will be done by staff to coordinate all of that, and perhaps a little bit of coordination between Olivier, Marika and Thomas to finalize the dates and the times, so that we'll have the final slot. Otherwise I think we have everything. Do you have any question or anything to address? Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Just for clarity, under the Action Items, the Rules of Procedure should be middle to end of May. The first part of the sentence does not correspond to the last half.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Alan, excuse me, but I put that the starting date that we could program the webinar for will be the 15th of May – so starting from the 15th of May we can put any date, assuming that it is not conflicting with any other calls. Yes?

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm agreeing with that, I'm just noting that what it says is, "Middle of May," followed by that. So for clarity, if it says, "Middle to end of May," then it matches what you just said.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, thank you very much Alan. Any other remarks or questions? otherwise we're almost on the top of the hour and I'll thank you very much all. Thank you. I hope we'll have a very fruitful Capacity Building Program, and we'll start... Yes, I have to tell you something about ICANN Learn. I have received, from [Jeffery? 55:03] a course dedicated to us, but unfortunately it wasn't a course, it was a collection of information, put into sections, which match more or less with our topics.

But unfortunately, for example, for the "Future of Internet Governance" it's more about ICANN and nothing about the future. So I'm asking [Jeffrey?] to try to customize it so that it will be more matching with what's happening now. This is intended to help the trainees, the ALS representatives, to have more information and perhaps more clarity about subjects, and to try to ask questions during the webinar.

If they go to the ICANN Learn and go to the [concern? 55:57] before the webinar, they can come to the webinar with a better idea and they can ask questions. This is the aim. The glossary, the acronyms, will be done by ICANN Learn, since they have the acronyms very well explained there. Cheryl? Go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just on that Tijani, is it possible for you to do two things – one for all of us –; if you could send us that link to the section in ICANN Learn, so that we can all, as instructors, have a look at what is there, as supposed background material? That would be very helpful. Also, specifically for the Rules of Procedure, which Alan and I are dedicated to, perhaps [Jeffrey] would like to give us the ability to send to him material that is appropriate to go up. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: That’s a very good proposal Cheryl. If every trainer... I will ask [Jeffrey] to send you the credential to access the platform. You can subscribe yourself. You don’t need any authorization...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Tijani? I for one, and I guess a number of us, have gone through the “supposedly useful tools” –I put that in inverted commas –, that is ICANN Learn, and there’s not much to drag you back to it, other than the motivation of seeing what is specific to my interest I certainly haven’t bookmarked the bloody thing. So send us all the link and give us the

ability to actually make it into something meaningful, and we'll probably play nicely.

Having gone through the experience of seeing a perfectly good tool basically under-utilized, if not wasted, nothing much has taken me back to it. I'd like to see it work and therefore I'm happy to try and help it work. Send it, refresh it, and then [once we're all? 58:05] subscribed, or that we don't need to be subscribed, let's just start again.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Cheryl. [Jeffrey] has tried to put a new lesson, or a new section in, which is called "An Introduction to the At-Large" or something like this. This is what is supposed to be our support. I will ask him first of all to make sure that everyone has access, and then I'll ask him to get your remarks about the sections, for example for you, Cheryl, concerning the Rules of Procedure. Then he can include them or integrate them inside the section. Are you okay with that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yes.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay, thank you very much. We'll be done. Thank you Cheryl. Any other remark? Any other business? No hands? Thank you everyone. Staff will follow up with you about all of this. Thank you again. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]