
GISELLA GRUBER: Welcome to everyone on today's ATLAS II Fayre of Opportunities cross RALO working group call, on Wednesday the 26th of February at 17:00 UTC. On today's call we have, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Darlene Thompson, Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Wolf Ludwig, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, and chairing today's call, Eduardo Diaz.

Apologies noted from Glenn McKnight. From staff we have Ariel Liang, Carlos Reyes, and myself, Gisella Gruber. And if I could also to please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you. Over to you Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. This is Eduardo for the record. Thank you everyone for taking the time and participating in this call. We have the agenda online, and I want to know if anybody wants to add to the agenda? Okay. So, let's do some recalculation. I mean, [?] the agenda, let's do some recalculation. I went through the last two couple of meetings and checked what was discussed in those meetings, and basically this is like a summary

What I want to do is I want to go through all of these items and see if any of you have a comment about them. So item 3A, which is [?], it's called – [?] and reached by consensus, the ATLAS II Fayre of Opportunities, and I was told that "Fayre" was with a "Y," not an "I." So I think Carlos helped me change that in the Wiki. Any comments on that?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Okay. The item is item 3B, and the purpose of the ATLAS event is for basically social networking, and that means networking among the ALSs, and between ALSs and the rest of the community. Any comments on that purpose? Okay. So the next item, 3C, which is the main goals, and I captured this from the conversation on basically the – what I was able to get from that is, the main goal is to educate the wider public on what we do, and then learn from each other. Tijani you have the floor please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. I think that it will be better to change educate by inform.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Are you saying... I'm sorry. This is Eduardo. Are you saying change educate to inform the wider public on what we do? Is that what you're...?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. Yes we are not educating the wider public, we are informing on what we do.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. We'll make that change then. Thank you so much. Do you still want to say...? You still have your hand up Tijani. Do you want to say something else? Okay, thank you. So, yes. Okay. So we move forward, we have 3C and 3D [300 room?]. According to what we mentioned

before, we are expecting a maximum of 300 people, so the room has to hold that amount of people at the meetings.

There was also a conversation about having five tables where RALOs can showcase their region, and there was some conversation also to have a small projector in each table, with a screen in the back. They can have some kind of presentation, or slideshow, or what have you, within these tables. Now, there is an action item, and moving forward here. But there is an action item to Heidi, I believe it was, that says, [?]. about five tables.

I'm jumping up on my agenda, but Heidi can you update us on that item? I mean, is Heidi in the call? I don't see here. Does anyone from staff know anything about this?

CARLOS REYES: Eduardo, this is Carlos Reyes. Heidi is not on the call, and I don't – I haven't heard anything but I'll follow up with her.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you Carlos.

GISELLA GRUBER: Gisella here, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Gisella, please.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry to interrupt. Heidi is dialing in now, so she will be on the line in two seconds.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry I'm late. I'm on.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Hi. How are you?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. This is Eduardo again. We were talking about the room for the event, and we were – there was some conversation in the last meeting about having side tables welcome for each RALO, where they can showcase their regions. There was also a mention of using a small projector to – with a small screen, or a screen in the back, that they can use to show, present something or have a slideshow. And there was an action item open in the last meeting about this.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Good timing, actually. Again, Nancy just wrote me overnight, asking – just to confirm that we definitely want to stay in the Hilton Metropole, and then I again wrote back to her just to say – she is aware of the need.

You do want the table to decide, want an open center space, and I think the projector we can handle, but I still have not heard back from her about that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry. This is Eduardo. [CROSSTALK]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Nancy [?], she's with the senior director for meeting staff. So she's the one who is doing all of the formatting for all of the rooms. So I wonder if what might be useful is, Eduardo could you just do a quick, either an explanation or even a drawing that you can send us of what you would like to have this Fayre format look like.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay I'm putting that as an action item, to put together some kind of graphical representation of what we would like to see in this room. Right?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Exactly. And again, I'm not saying that you're going to get all of that, but again, if we have something that we can go by, then hopefully you'll get as close to that as possible. If they cannot change the room, so it would be the ALAC room in that U-shape, it's going to be a very large U-shape, could you, as a fallback, hold your – the U-shape form be the table for the Fayre and the events takes place within the U-shape, and on the other side of the U-shape? Would that be a possibility?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm not sure. I cannot answer that now, but I have a question. In that room, can we fit 300 people?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think the maximum... I have to ask her about standing. I only know about the seating arrangements right now. But let me ask her that right now, so we can get an answer back by the end of this call.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, please. Tijani, you have your hand up. You have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes Eduardo, thank you very much. Tijani speaking. Two things. First, what we ask last time was for screens, for video screens. Not screens for projectors. Because screens and projects would be very difficult to install and to remove after that, but we do video screen [because] it's very easy to put and every easy to remove. And more than that, we hope that each region would have its own video loop that can run on each screen.

Because showcasing papers is not now – I think it is better to have digital, it is more expressive, people understand more and people don't read unfortunately. So it's better to have the screens and also the tables because we can show other things than papers. The tables must be very think because we need space. This is one issue.

My second issue, is that we cannot give any drawing, or any graphic, if we don't know if we will be in a closed room or in a foyer, for example. For me, the ALAC room with the U-shaped table wouldn't be adequate for our work, for this event. First it will not be able to accommodate as much people as we have. Second, the U-tables will prevent people to circulate inside the room.

So it will change, more or less, the nature of the event. So I think that I don't know, I spoke with Nancy and she told me there is not a foyer there. There is not a foyer available. But we need to have perhaps a larger room without tables inside, people are standing up, only five tables on the corners so that people can circulate and can take a drink, and can take food, etc. So this is my point of view regarding the room. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani for your comments. I see [?], I agree with you. I don't think a room with U-tables will allow people to circulate. I also have a note in the chat from Olivier that says the ALAC room might be too small. So I suggest and I recommend that we do the following. We are going to send some kind of diagram of what we would like to see. Send it to staff, and then the people from the meeting staff tell us what they can do for us, and then we will take it from there. Tijani you have your hand up. Do you want to talk again?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

I am so sorry.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Who wanted to talk? Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Eduardo. Again, Nancy asked us just to confirm that we do not was the Hilton Metropole stage. Now that is a larger stage, but it is a five to 10 minute walk away. So just to confirm, that is completely out, correct?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I don't have an idea of what this other room looks like.

HEIDI ULLRICH: But again, could you see taking 300 people down five to 10 minutes away from the main venue for the showcase for the Fayre?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Well, for me, I don't think that will be practical, but I want to allow Olivier talk about it now. But I remember the conversation from last time that, if it's raining, no one is going to walk to the other meeting. That's one of the things that I need to be aware of, the rooms in the other hotel. But that was one example of what might happen that night. But Olivier, you have the floor, please if you want to add to this. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. Can you hear me?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, we can hear you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Well, that's because I'm in London now. I was on a normal telephone, using the same handset, but being in London now is terrible network. What can I say? I'll try and speak a little louder. So the capacities of the, since I put on the chat the room capacities in there. And you can see on there that the ALAC room, the Windsor suite, which is completely at the bottom.

And then if you click on the floor plan, you can see how the Windsor suite goes. It's not very large. There is a small reception area, and then you've got the Windsor suite which is composed of two rooms with the removable partitions, which will be removed. [?] room and Lancaster room. Now, speaking about the other thing. I think Heidi mentioned the London Metropole, we are actually in the London Metropole. I think she meant the London Paddington, the Hilton Paddington, which is in [?] Station, which is, I would say, 200 meters away, 800 meters, or 500 meters away.

The concern I had with the [?] is that if there are other things taking place in this same meeting, being outside is effectively not going to bring the crowd. It's not going to be as well attended if we do it in house, if you want. But then the other concern we have is having it in the ALAC

room, I think, is probably impossible. Looking at the room capacities, looking at the fact Windsor suite is – the complete suite, [?] 200, [?] 250, classroom 150, lunch and dinner 250, dinner dance 140 [?].

We probably have to take the [?] the U-shaped away, and then we could probably fit 250 people in there, maybe a bit more because everyone would be standing. Sitting down, I think that might only fit a couple of hundred. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. And the other question. I mean, I haven't been to the Metropole Hotel, but you know, the place where everybody gathers for the welcome ceremony, is that an open space? Where they put chairs in it and, you know, is it possible that if we move the chairs for this event, and then we go in there? I don't know. That's a question I have. Because asking that, we go somewhere else. They use space, and then they rearrange it for an event, and then put it back the way it was. Olivier, please, you have the floor again.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So, I didn't quite understand your question. You meant the room where the opening ceremony takes place?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I have a feeling that is already being used at that time, for the [?]. It's still being allocated. The room that they are speaking about, looking back up, I think it's the Palace Suite and the Kingston are the two largest rooms, you'll notice. Sorry, the Monarchy and the Kingston suite are the two largest rooms. [?] is that during the ATLAS work [?] that we're going to do, we're going to have a section – I can't remember which one of the two, either the Monarch suite or the [?] suite, will have a section that will be large enough to accommodate the other one.

But afterwards, come Monday, across that room is going to be completely used up for the [?] etc. And I think that section will be used by someone else. And it will not be possible for us to use it. That could be just a matter of time, maybe we can try a little later to delay our own ceremony a little bit later, or celebration, and then maybe they might be able to do something about it.

However, there is also another problem and that [?]. themselves unwilling to start moving chairs around, which I found very helpful indeed. That was my sarcasm to note on the transcript. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Eduardo. Olivier and Eduardo, what about if they give us a choice between going off site or taking the ALAC room with the U-shaped tables? I don't think our ALAC room with the U-shaped tables is adequate for our event, and it will not be successful at all.

So is it better to stay in the ALAC room than offsite? Is my question.
Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Tijani. Well, I look at this capacity of an U-shape, and you can fit there only 55 people. I mean, according to the capacities that Olivier... [CROSSTALK]

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Eduardo, 55 people are sitting around the table, but we would be standing up. It is different.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I'm using... The U-shape doesn't have any room. U-shape would be conducting for networking events, but the people will not flow. So I agree with you that that's... So, let's do something. I'm going to talk to Glenn, and I'm going to put a picture of what we would like to have, and then we will take it from there, and we will discuss it with everyone and then we'll take it from there.

Because until [?] staff, how we would want to set it up, maybe they can find another way of doing it. I don't know. Olivier, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, Olivier first?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier was first.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. I notice in the chat that Heidi mentioned the Westminster suite, which is – sorry, [?] room, so effectively there is another suite that is possible to follow, and that is the one which has come to be known as the palace. The only problem with it is that if you have the GAC, so I mean, you see all of the different rooms link to that page which I posted there.

The Palace suite is physically in the third basement, we are in the second basement, the ALAC room is in the second basement, the ALAC room is basically above the Palace suite, sub section as far as the site is concerned. So that room would be apparently for the GAC, the Palace suite. So if the GAC is not meeting in the late afternoon, then maybe that could be.

But I don't know, that could be being used by someone else as well. [?]

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. Heidi please, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes thank you Eduardo. I do note that in this document that shows the various capacities for the rooms, it does say that the Windsor Suite, the complete room, was 55. But we heard from meeting staff that they are going to be sitting about 160 into that, with the U-shape and some extra

chairs. So I think that we shouldn't take this document as the complete truth, fi you could say it like that.

So I think maybe if you could just wait for Nancy to come back to us with her thoughts on whether the tables could be moved aside in the Windsor suite, and then we'll go from there. Yeah, I think, also Eduardo, if you could draw a diagram, that would be really useful.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yeah, I agree with you Heidi. This is Eduardo. So Olivier, you have your hand up again. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So the second thing I wanted to say is that [?] Sunday, next week sorry, [?] from Sunday, is going to be the Internet Engineering taskforce meeting, the IETF, and I'm going to attend that. And I will go into those rooms. I've already taken some pictures of the other rooms, but I have not taken any pictures of the actual Windsor suite itself because that was being used.

But on this occasion, I will go into that room and take a few pictures, and we'll gain a better idea of how many people can be fitted in there. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: This is Eduardo again. And Olivier, thank you very much. Yes, that is helpful, taking the pictures [?] video of the place, so we can have a feeling of how big it is. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: If I get killed, I'm not quite sure – I don't know. The people at IETF [?] some people are very worried about taking videos. If I get killed, then it will be all your fault.

EDUARDO DIAZ: [Laughs] Okay. Let's move forward. And we'll fix it, one way or the other, before we get – in the next few weeks I guess. We will try. So next item, is 3E, which has to do with [?]. And the 20 minute max, that's something I just came up with. I mean, that's what was on this call last time, said we wanted to make it short. So I said, we have a welcome message for five minutes, and a key note speaker for 15 minutes to talk about whatever.

I remember in the last call that we wanted to get Ken Burnet, I guess that is his name. That's one of the main speakers. And I believe, Heidi was going to talk to Sally to see if they can get in contact with him, to see if he is available and second, if he is going to charge. If he decides to come, he's going to have, if we need to pay a fee for his appearance. Is this correct? Any comments about this?

Okay. So, my question to Heidi. Heidi, have you been pursuing that with Sally? Or can you do that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I can do that. Yes, this is Heidi. I can do that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, let's see if in the next two weeks, we can get an answer from him or Sally or the PR people about if this is a feasible keynote speaker. I think having somebody like him here, in this event, will attract lots of people, and that's my feeling. Any other comments about the ceremonies?

Okay. Item 3F has to do with the food, and basically what it was mentioning, what we would like to see a diverse food in the event. I don't know if this is possible or how this is arranged. Does anyone... Heidi, do you have any ideas about this? Any comments that you can give us? I mean, is this something that is possible?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry. Could you repeat that? I didn't quite...

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I'm talking about food. We want to have food during the event, so we would like to see food from all of the regions. I don't know if that's possible. Or many of the regions are there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I understand. That's a very good point. No, we have not followed up with that yet. We can do that. We've been actually working on the dinner, and it's a lunch on Sunday, so yes, we can follow up on that. So you would like to have food from around the world, as hors d'oeuvre, canapés, etc.?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yeah. That's, please give us your opinion that, you know, for people to taste all of the flavors. That would be great.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I will... Actually, I'll have Gisella follow up with our catering staff on that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so if you can get something back to us in the next week for the next meeting, I would really appreciate it. So we know more or less if it is possible or not. So the third item [?], we mention that there should be music in the background. And this was an idea by Tijani which I think is a very good idea.

So having a compilation of music from all of the regions and have it in the background, going on a loop. And also if we can synchronize that with some kind of slideshow, from different parts of different regions, that would be nice too. Any comments?

The other items that are on this list, are [?], we're going to give... This is just for people to think about. I would like to give something away for the people that come as a gift. That's a question. Budget wise, would this number 31, I heard that there was \$30,000 that ICANN was going to put for this. Heidi, is that right? Or did I hear wrong?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry, for how much? For what?

EDUARDO DIAZ: 30,000.

HEIDI ULLRICH: For the music?

EDUARDO DIAZ: No, no. For the event. For the whole event.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, no. This is basically what we've heard recently is that there is 20,000 overall in the ATLAS II budget for catering. And that includes a dinner, a lunch, and this. So, by no means is there 30,000 just for the showcase, but there might be if the sponsorship that Olivier has followed up with, if that pans out, then yeah, that would be – there should be a good amount of money for that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry. This is Eduardo. I'm sorry, I misinterpret that. Olivier, can you tell us something on the sponsorship for this event? What are your thoughts? You have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. So at the moment, no feedback involving the sponsors, just a note saying thank you and we're really eager to do something. But they haven't come back with

anything concrete yet. I have spoken to someone from Google, who says, "Yes, please follow up. We're very eager to be involved with this.

And even when I mentioned a number, they weren't publically shocked or anything like that. Bearing in mind that apparently some salaries in Silicon Valley these days are more than – is it 20 million per year or something? So we're asking for much less than that. We'll just have to wait for the time being. I'm going to follow up with them actually, probably either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll follow up with everyone.

Hopefully I might also do something for next week, at the IEGF. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Olivier. So, you know, going back to the money, I think independently if we get the money now, which is – this group shall come up with some kind of budget for how much this is going to cost, which is something we don't have to do now, but we have to do that in order to see if we have the money, or how much money we're going to need, and then we can work with whatever we get finally.

So, the next item is the action items, which basically – there was one, many of the action items, that this is the business with the five tables, and we already discussed that. And the other one, it says just to [?] about the speaker, but I think we're looking for one speaker right now. And we're going to get some kind of feedback from that once Heidi talks to Sally.

So, the... The next item is... I mean, we're done. Does anybody have anything to add? Or comments? If not, I suggest that we have our next meeting in two weeks, same time, same date. And if there is nothing else, we can adjourn this meeting. Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: The next meeting, 6/12/14, I don't understand what is the date.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Wow. Yeah, you're right. Oh, I'm sorry. Two weeks, yeah, you're right. Sorry.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: 6/3, I think.

EDUARDO DIAZ: [Laughs] It should be the 12th of March, if I'm correct.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: 6th of March.

WOLF LUDWIG: 12th of March.

EDUARDO DIAZ: It should be 12th, 03, 14. I'm sorry.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: That's what it should be. Thank you for catching that. Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. It's Olivier speaking. I was just going to suggest that we have a link to those room capacities, which also show a map of the rooms, put it somewhere on the website so we can all have easy access to it. In the next call, we'll be able to discuss it more. We can [...]... we're able to allocate the X, Y, Z [...] information at hand. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you for your suggestion. Tijani, please, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. Thank you Eduardo. Tijani speaking. I am [...] on what Olivier just said. It would be better to have the plan, or the drawing for all of the rooms, and also to have the allocation of the rooms that is now done. So that we can see. For example, if we have all the rooms, and for us, for example, the breakout sessions would be in room X, Y, Z, and A, for example.

With this document and with this information, we can check, double check that it would not any problem for this [?] for this allocation. It is not only for the showcase, it's for the whole summit. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. Heidi, please, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, thank you Eduardo. Tijani, just on that note, since the meeting that we had with Nancy we had a few weeks ago, I have not updated the schedule according to what we talked about. For example, we can't have parallel general assemblies, etc. Are you going to do that or should I do that? And then at that point, we can perhaps start allocating the rooms. We need to finalize the schedule first.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, you can make the proposal Heidi, because you have more information than me about the rooms.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I'll send a draft through and then we can send that out.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you very much.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Heidi. Thank you Tijani. Thank you every one. Any other comments before we adjourn? If not, this is the second adjournment of this meeting. So thank you so much.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]