

JULIA CHARVOLEN: The recording is on Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. Hello everyone. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the Capacity Building Working Group call on Thursday, 5 of December, 2013.

First item on the agenda is the adoption of the agenda. You have all received the agenda. Do we have any update or any modification of the agenda proposed? I see no one raising his hand. We can go to the second point, which is the roll call. Julia, can you please do the roll call?

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you Tijani. Welcome, everyone to the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group on Thursday 5 December at 15:00 UTC. On today's call we have Tijani Ben Jemaa, Maureen Hilyard, Narine Khachatryan, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Ali Almeshal, Pastor Peters, Fatima Cambronero, and Siranush Vardanyan. We have Sandra Hoferichter who may be joining us late. Apologies from Juan Manuel Rojas. And from staff we have Carlos Reyes, and myself Julia Charvolen.

May I please remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you, and over to you, Tijani.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much Julia. We go to the item three of the agenda, which is what are the areas where the ALSes need capacity building before the London Summit. As you all remember we tried to combine the Summit survey with the Capacity Building survey so that we can get this information from the ALSes in the survey. And we have it now. According to survey, normally I sent you two days ago the elements of the survey that concern the capacity building, so that you read it before coming here. Now, we have to decide on what are the areas where we will provide capacity building for the ALSes. Does anyone have something to say before I start? No.

So from the survey as you see we have the table with the preference of the ALSes but there is another thing very important that is happening now in ICANN. There is a big discussion about the future of the multi-stakeholder model of the Internet Governance also. I don't think that we have to miss this point in the summit. And I think that we have to make capacity building for our community, for our ALSes on this point also. This is as the first point, first area of capacity building, and I propose that Wolfgang do this part because Wolfgang has a lot of knowledge about that, has a lot of history with the Internet Governance and I think that we can perhaps ask him to provide this model of capacity building. What is your point of view? Is there any opposition? Okay, I see no – ah, okay. Carlos please, go ahead. Carlos?

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Yes. Can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: A lot of echo. We hear you, but there is a lot of echo.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Okay. Now, is good?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Is better. Much better, yes.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Okay, thank you Tijani. I don't know if Wolfgang will be able to participate in this case because now he is a board member so I think he is very busy now. This is my only comments at this moment. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Carlos. It is only a proposal. We will propose him and we will see what will be his reaction. If someone knows someone better than Wolfgang, yes, we can make another proposal. But in my eyes until now I don't see someone better than him. And he has a lot of experience and teaching. He is academic and he has done the Summer School in Europe and then he got in Latin America and in Africa also and did also the Summer School. I think he is one of the best. Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Tijani. I'm absolutely fine with Wolfgang, but I do remind you that he is now a member of the board [inaudible], so he certainly

has an increased amount of workload, and I would suggest that you also consider – that this groups also considers – other people for this. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Olivier, I hear you very bad. I don't know what happened. You are in front of me. There is only the sea between us. I don't know why I don't hear you well. Anyway. If there is another proposal, I am fine with it. But, as I said, it is only a proposal, and [inaudible], you can see I have a load of work that I cannot do that. Anyway, it is a proposal, and I am waiting for your other proposals. So this is the first point.

The second point I have taken from the survey is the policy. They need capacity building about policy, including security and stability. I can say that this can be found now in the OLP (the Online Learning Platform), but the Online Learning Platform is not enough. We will need more. We will need perhaps webinars to do that, to give capacity building for the ALSes. But I can tell you that the OLP has the basic knowledge and perhaps more. So I will ask people who are working on the OLP to provide us a customized model with our niche. And they told me in Buenos Aires that they are able to do so and they are happy to do so. This is one point.

Policy is very wide. That's why perhaps we have to define more or less what kind of policy we have to give capacity building for the ALSes about. Policy development is another point. They also ask for policy development process. This can be done in one webinar. It is not very difficult to do. But policy, it is wide as I said, and I think that we can

make use of the staff working on the policy development assistance for the GNSO, for the ccNSO, etc. Any other thought about policy? Seeing no hands, I can go to the next point.

So we said the future of the governance, this is one point. The second point will be the policy including security and stability. The third point is policy development process. Those are what the ALSes asked for. They also asked for capacity building about the rules of procedure, but I am very hesitant to put it as a point for capacity building, because the rules of procedure are there, so people have only to read them. I don't know what do you think about it, but I don't think is an issue that we have to build capacity for the ALSes about. What is your point of view? Cheryl, if you are here. No, she is not here, unfortunately. Do you think that we have to provide capacity building about the rules of procedure? Yes, please, Carlos.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Yes, of course. I think that we need to give some capacity building, especially for the ALSes in some regions. In Latin America, I think we need a special capacity building to participate in the Summit in London. But I think we are not the [inaudible] we need. I think there are another ALSes in the other parts of the world. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Carlos. I am speaking about the capacity building about the rules of procedure, about the ALAC rules of procedure. So Carlos, I have Ali Almeshal on the queue now, and then I will give you the floor. Ali, please.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, I would agree for the capacity building for the rules of procedure for the ALSes as a part of the [inaudible] policies and procedures as well. Looking into the region and [inaudible], any type of capacity building is definitely required, because the reason that I'm coming from is almost the percentage of knowledge of what ICANN is doing and how they can get involved within ICANN is very, very low. So any type of capacity building [inaudible] good value. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Ali. I understand very well, but my point is what can you give more than the rule of themselves who are very explicit? The rules are there. They are displayed. They are on the Wiki, they are everywhere. So what can we give more than that? It is only articles on rule 1, rule 2, rule 3 and it is very clear. Do you think that it needs a module of capacity building? You are to know that we have limited time from now to the summit and we have to prepare all those modules to find the trainers, etc. Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL: I would say yes, because if we are looking for an active participation, we should not assume that everyone who will read the rules of procedure will be able to understand it easily. So I would say [inaudible] foundation or a basic capacity building for this part, that when the ALSes come to the summit at least they have some basic understanding where they can later on get involved more or participate. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Ali. Carlos, do you have anything to add?

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Thank you, Tijani. I agree with Ali. It's a very good point. I see we need the capacity building, at least some short capacity building. So [inaudible]. It's a very good point. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. So now I see that Maureen also agrees with you. We will put it as a point for capacity building. Thank you. Next point. They asked for capacity building about IPv4, IPv6 migration. I don't mind to do it. It is something that we can do easily because we have [inaudible] in this field and it can be done in two or three webinars and it will be okay.

But I don't know for the summit. Is it really useful for the summit? What do you think? I know Ali said that any capacity building is welcome, I know, but is it useful? Is it helpful for the summit? Migration from IPv4 to IPv6? No comment. Okay, shall I put it? Shall I move it? No comment. Okay, let's put it now and then we will come back.

The next point is the structure of technical support in ICANN. This is also a very technical point and I would like to have your point of view about it. Olivier, do you have a point of view? Okay, go ahead, Ali.

ALI ALMESHAL: I'm not so sure if the rest are aware about this point, but we need to understand your point first of all, so [inaudible]. When you said an overview about the technical structure, what are you referring to?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: This issue was brought from – I got it from the survey. They are asking about the structure of technical support in ICANN. That means we have to go [inaudible] when there is a technical problem. This is a comment of one or two ALSes. I put it for your consideration. I don't think it is something that a lot of people asked for.

ALI ALMESHAL: I think this type of knowledge that the ALSes is asking for, specifically the one you referred to right now, this can be gained as more as they get engaged. Otherwise these things, they will not be aware of. I mean, this is not a [inaudible] that can be taught or transferred. I think they will get it as long as they get engaged with ICANN. This is my point. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Ali. Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Tijani. Can you hear me better?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I hear you a little bit better, yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you. I put my phone down and tried to redial and so on. It seems to be bad communication today. I totally agree with Ali on this. I have a feeling that this kind of suggestion of technical support with ICANN is [inaudible] because it could be any type of technical support. Are we talking about technical support of At-Large people and being able to make use of the Wiki and being able to [inaudible] the mailing list, etc.? Are we speaking about technical support with regards to the wider DNS with any of ICANN's other functions, with regards to the IANA function? Are we thinking about technical support being effectively technical webinars to explain to people how DNS works and what generic top-level domains are, what country codes are, ccTLDs, etc.?

I'm just a bit baffled by this and I wonder since we do have the originators of those questions, would it be worth that someone sends them an e-mail and says, "What do you mean by technical support?"

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you, Olivier. I think the request for the technical support for the DNS functions. That's why I said it is very technical and I don't think that a lot of the ALSes would be interested in. Also, it is not helpful for the summit. It's not useful for the summit and I don't think it is something that we can provide capacity building for the ALSes. Thank you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Tijani. There is, for those people that are interested in technical matters, there is actually a tech day which is organized by the ccNSO. I believe [inaudible] is organized on the Monday of an ICANN meeting. I have been in touch on various occasions with Eberhard Lisse who runs dot-na, [inaudible] and has been one of the main drivers of the tech day. He has regularly asked for members of our community who wish to participate in that tech day.

So I wonder if, knowing that there is an interesting side or some ALS – maybe all ALSes – but some ALSes are interested in the technical side of things. [inaudible] it would be worth then being involved in the tech day when we come to the At-Large summit. That would be on the Monday. [inaudible] a full day, but just a few sessions.

The other thing that I have been asked – and this is in a meeting that I had with Eberhard Lisse in Buenos Aires – I was asked by him whether the At-Large community wanted to present something technical on tech day. I said I don't know. Of course I'd have to resort and come back to you and ask you. So I guess this is the ideal working group to ask the question in.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much, Olivier. We can ask our ALSes to remotely participate in this tech day of the Singapore meeting, so that it will be a preparation for the summit if they want more details. I think that the tech day of the ccTLD, the ccNSO, is only about the ccTLDs. I think so. But never mind. It is more or less something that people can follow—

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Sorry for cutting you off, Tijani. Actually, the tech day started out in the ccNSO for ccTLD operators to explain to them technical issues with regards to the DNS. Now it has grown into something that is an ICANN wide [inaudible]. So it's specific to [inaudible] for anything DNS and IP address related technology. It's shepherded mainly by several people [inaudible] ccNSO. But it certainly is for everyone now. That would be the gist, the meaning of the message that Eberhard Lisse gave me when he saw me in Buenos Aires. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. So it is more helpful now since it is about everything. It will be a [great] tool for people who want to know more about that. Very good.

Yes, there is another point that they requested. It is acronyms. They want to have a capacity building about acronyms. This can be done through the OLP (the Online Learning Platform) since the acronyms are very well explained there.

So, now, is there any other area of capacity building that I didn't mention? Yes, there is another thing that I want to say. We need to wait until the final themes for the summit are defined so that we see if there

is a theme where ALSes will need capacity building before coming and addressing this theme. But before that, if you have any other subject that you think ALSes will need capacity building on, please tell me now.

Yes, Maureen. Communication. I understand very well. I see the summit as a place where we provide, if you want, statements or a communique. It must be, in my point of view, something about policy, about important issue in ICANN. We have to be [inaudible] with the ICANN life. If we give capacity building about communication, we can do that. I [inaudible] can do that and we have the resources for that. There is no problem. I can add it with no problem.

What I mean is now we have to also think about the subjects that will help them to understand the themes or issues that will be discussed during the summit. This is, in my point of view, the most important thing. Okay, I will add communication as a module for capacity building. Any other suggestions? Okay, Carlos, it works. Very good.

So Fatima, you said that you are the co-chair of the communication project. Okay. Do you think you can help in this module? Heidi proposed that the training include how the issues relate to At-Large activities. Okay. Thank you, Fatima. Okay, Heidi. I see.

No, if we do capacity building for everything, we need a huge program for capacity building. That's why I am a little bit afraid that perhaps we will make a bigger program than what we can do. Anyway, no problem.

So now we have suggested some issues. I will propose you that you think about it, and perhaps you can add something in the few coming days. You can propose other subjects on the mailing list, and when we

will do the timeline, we will define which is the deadline for the last inputs for the subject of capacity building. Does this make sense for you? Sandra is here. Very good. Okay, very good.

Now we will go to the next point of the agenda, which is point four, implementation of the [inaudible] summit capacity building. As you all know, the ICANN Academy is supposed to be the framework of all the learning or all the training, capacity building, any learning activity in ICANN. The role of the Capacity Building Working Group will be to define the need – will be to define the program, perhaps also define the tools, and then ask the Academy to implement this program.

So I am happy to welcome Sandra Hoferichter who just joined the call and who is the chair of the ICANN Academy. Sandra, you are here. Do you hear me?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Tijani, can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, I hear you very good. Sandra, as I just said, the academy normally will do the capacity building for the ALSes before the summit. Do you agree with that?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: I joined this call a bit earlier on. I was just not on Adobe Connect yet, but on my mobile, and I heard you saying that the online learning platform will be the tool for preparation for our At-Large community for

the summit and I totally agree with that. We have to improve the content of the online learning platform. This was one outcome when testing the online learning platform, but I think this will be definitely the right way to go to approach our community and make them ready for the summit.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Very good. Okay. My question, Sandra, is that it will be one of the activities of the Academy. The Academy did the leadership program. It was the pilot program. But this is another thing, another kind of activity of the Academy. It is capacity building for one constituency, which is At-Large.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER:

I don't think that's the right task for the Academy Working Group because this is a cross-constituency working group and I do not expect the GNSO people working on an At-Large program. I think it just would not work. I think the content for the At-Large community should be developed by At-Large, in the same way as content for any other constituency, like a GNSO or the Business Constituency or the ccNSO should be developed by their constituency.

Furthermore, I think that even because of the great diversity of our community we will have different needs for the community in Latin America and different needs for Africa and for Europe. So I think even on a local level, the RALOs should play a very big role in terms of what is going to be developed. I think LACRALO is the most advanced community within the At-Large because they have a pretty good

capacity building program, as I heard. I have not seen it, and I definitely could not read it because I'm not able to read Spanish.

But what I heard, this should be very advanced and I would really recommend to put this program on the online learning platform and assist other communities within At-Large, other regions – NARALO, EURALO, AFRALO, and APRALO – to assist them to set up their own programs according to their local needs.

And maybe we can also think about an overarching element for all five regions for our At-Large community, because I think there is a diversity on a certain point, but on one certain point all this comes together and it should be at least one or even more modules for the overarching At-Large community so that we know some basic knowledge could be the ICANN 101, it could be something else, so that we know that they are all on one page, at least for the basics. That would be my proposal.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Sandra. You said that [inaudible] capacity building for At-Large, it cannot be done by the Academy. My understanding is that the Academy is working for the whole constituencies without difference, and if the GNSO needs a module for capacity building or for learning any kind of learning for their community, the Academy is the right place to do it I think. This is why I asked that this can be done as an activity of the academic.

You know, Sandra, I am trying to make the [Academy] more effective. That's why I am proposing that it is done through the ICANN Academy. That's all. My point of view is that the Academy is a cross-constituency,

is for the whole ICANN, and it can serve for any of the constituencies alone or for the whole constituencies together.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: May I respond, Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, please.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Here I disagree with you, and I hate to disagree with you, Tijani. We have now, let's say, fresh blood after the learning leadership training program on the ICANN Academy mailing list, which are people from the SSAC and from the GNSO. And we can definitely – I'm so sure about that – we can definitely not ask them to develop something for At-Large. The same way they will never ask us – I mean, they will never ask the Academy Working Group to develop something for the GNSO.

The idea is that everything which is specifically applying to one stakeholder group, to one AC-SO, we can only assist in terms of making recommendations, in terms of showing how it could be done to be included in the online learning platform or whatever possible from our experience we will gain from the future. The Academy Working Group can only assist, but cannot develop a program for any specific constituency. The constituency has to develop it among themselves, and the ICANN Academy group is there to put this in a structured way under one umbrella, so that at least it is listed and somebody was entering

ICANN from the outside is able to get right through all the capacity building efforts within the whole ICANN, within each SO and AC.

So in the same way, I do not believe that the ICANN Academy Working Group can be of any help in terms of developing the program for the At-Large Structure. What we can do, we can do the structure and say, okay, this is the place where we put in that module because it's a module for an entry level or it's a module for an advanced level or whatever, and we mirror it and we show it there. It has its place in the overall ICANN Academy – let's say, ICANN Academy house. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. Thank you, Sandra. I think there is a misunderstanding between you and me. I never said that the Academy would develop a program. I said that the Capacity Building Working Group has to develop the program, has to define the tools even, has to decide on the dates, and then has to ask the Academy to please implement this program. If this is your understanding, we are in agreement. If you still disagree with me, it's another problem and we can go because we don't have to discuss the Academy in this working group. Oliver, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Tijani. Can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

I hear you badly, but I hear you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Badly. Okay, thank you. I don't know why it's very strange today. [inaudible] good communication. I agree with what has been said by Sandra, and of course [inaudible] with you. I think we are on [inaudible] agreement. The only thing that I would say we might not be in agreement with is that you, Tijani, are basically saying that you would like the Academy to [inaudible] capacity building that At-Large is going to develop and I don't think that's possible. I really think that [inaudible] to have our own capacity building [inaudible]. We might be able to use the tools that the Academy has developed, especially for the online training program, for example.

But I agree with Sandra. It would be very surprising if any of the other parts of the wider Academy Working Group would lie to just even lift a finger for anything to do with the At-Large. I also note that Carlos has also written in the comments, written in the chat, that the working group is focused on ALSes and At-Large community and I tend to agree with you, Carlos. You just have to develop this on the parallel track.

If one day, it [inaudible] within ICANN that the list would be an overarching central coordination between the different capacity building and the different groups, then so be it. We will be able to address this at the ICANN Academy level. But at the moment, I certainly don't see the interest for this. It's just that it's a long pipeline until we reach this point. There are several steps to be undertaken, and we've just gone through the first instance of the leadership training. There are other bricks in the edifice that need to be put in place and secured before we can think of an overall coordination. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay. We will stop this discussion because we will not discuss the Academy here. So it will not be done by the Academy. We will implement it ourselves and we have the capacity to do so. We did before and we will continue to do that. I have the [inaudible] help of Fatima, who has experience also and Carlos and the others. So no problem.

Now I think that we need to establish a timeline. For me, I think that we have to give to the people who are not on the call today, to give their inputs and we will give them until the 12th of December if you want. I propose that. So the first action item is that I send an e-mail to the list asking the members to give inputs to this list of subjects to be used for the capacity building for the ALSEs. This will last until the 12th of December – one week. We give them one week.

And then on the 18th of December, between 12 and 18, we have to develop the program according to the subjects listed. On the 19th of December, we have to present it to the ALAC meeting for discussion and approve it. Things will change in my mind, because before I thought about using the ICANN Academy, and now after that – after the ALAC approval – we need to go and documentation of the capacity building.

There is two important things. First of all, we don't have to give the capacity building to the ALSes very far from the summit, but also we don't have to be in a rush. We don't have to do it very late. So I think that if we start on [inaudible], it will be good. We will have [inaudible] March until May, four months for this. I think it will be a good approach. What do you think about that? So I propose first to give the opportunity

to people who are not on the call to give their input until 12 December.
Yes, Sandra please. Go ahead, Sandra. You are muted, *7.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Can you hear me now?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I hear you, yeah. I hear you now.

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: It was *6 I pressed and not *7. I'm sorry. Taking into account that we have the seasonal break now, Christmastime and not much other time, and I generally agree here that we have to rush, but we don't have to rush too much because we have to get it right.

I would propose for our ALSes, at least for a sort of comment entry point of view, that we use the ICANN 101 module, which is already implemented in the online learning platform or if you use part of our leadership training program, which is on some points also at the ICANN 101 content. If you go through this content and see if this would fit or if this would accommodate the needs of our ALSes.

We offer this as a first step to go through this program after we revised the slides and maybe revised the material, but we offer this to our ALSes to go through it and then we can at least be sure that they are somehow all on the same page, content wise.

We will also get some feedback from them in terms of usability and maybe some questions, and then we can actually develop NARALO level I think early next year. Then we can develop on NARALO level tiny little programs for specific needs for each region. This would be my proposal. This gives us first opportunity to offer something rather quickly, which is already there, the 101 content slightly updated. And we have a bit more time to think about in depth how we improve or what content should be developed on NARALO level.

And here I again think about learning from what LACRALO did so far. Maybe we can have a special call only for going through the capacity building program of LACRALO and they are giving advice to all the other RALOs. I think there should be sub-working groups on NARALO level, which are [inaudible] users have suspects which are people from At-Large and not from the ALAC, so that also these people are involved on a very early stage would be my proposal. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Sandra. So you are proposing to form subgroups at the RALO level to define the specific needs of each RALO in capacity building. Is this your proposal?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER:

Yes this is my proposal.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Very good. Also you propose to use the leadership program after reviewing the slides, etc. as a first, if you want, thing to give to Kuek and first thing to give to the ALSes, isn't it?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Yes, that's right. Either the leadership training program content or there is another track which is called ICANN 101. We can look at both.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: ICANN 101, Sandra, is on the online learning platform and we will try to customize the content of ICANN 101 for our needs and I had approval of the people working on it that they will do this customization and they are happy to help in this sense. ICANN 101 will be differently used because it is something that exists already. If there is no effort to do and it is something that can be customized to our needs, I think it is a good thing. Thank you, Sandra. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Tijani. Just regarding ICANN 101, I was going to ask from Sandra whether this has now been updated including the feedback positive or negative that was received from the participants of the ICANN leadership program.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: The question is for you, Sandra. Sandra?

SANDRA HOFERICHTER: Olivier, I sent Nora the outcome of the survey which had some questions about the online learning platform but we never discussed in detail what content should be updated. I have no knowledge currently if they were working on this after the presentation [inaudible] Buenos Aires. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Sandra. Olivier, did you go through the ICANN 101? Did you go through it? Because I read it from the beginning until the end and I can tell you that it is very helpful. It is right that it is not in a [inaudible] way. It gives material on the shelf. That's it. But it is very helpful because everything is in and it is well categorized, if you want. There is a lot of remarks that I made and they told me they fixed it, they fixed them. I don't know if they did because I didn't come back and verify.

And I think that if you read it you will see that it is very helpful, really. Especially for people who are in At-Large [inaudible]. For the newcomers, perhaps they need more guidance. I said it is not [inaudible] way. It is not put in an [inaudible] way, but it is there. It is only knowledge on the shelf. Olivier, you have your hand up. And then Ali.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Tijani. My hand should be done. For some reason, I've got a super slow connection as well at the moment. I don't know what's going on. I'll put it down. There you go.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. Ali Almeshal?

ALI ALMESHAL: Tijani, maybe if you notice they're not [run] by Carlos. I would agree with that because I think if we are speaking about startup ALSes or the newly-joined ALSes, taking them to the online platform immediately will not give the expected result or value or feedback that we are looking for.

I'd rather go to even Carlos [inaudible] short videos. I would even [inaudible] an interactive webinar because those ALSes who would like to understand and learn something, they would have a lot of questions and so they would need a lot of answers. So it should be an interactive, let's say, a webinar, an organized day [inaudible] webinar will be organized. So ALSes have to sign in for that and have sort of an interactive about the topics that will be explained in that webinar. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Ali. Definitely we will need webinars. I never said that the OLP will be sufficient for any of the subjects. The OLP is, if you want, a collection of information and of knowledge and we can refer to that if we need, for example, to see the glossary for example. If you want to understand the acronyms, you can go there. It's not a problem.

But for the other issues, for the other subjects, definitely we need to organize. I never said that OLP will be the only tool used for any

subjects. It will be helpful, but it will not be enough. That's what I said.
Ali, you have your hand up. Go ahead.

ALI ALMESHAL: Sorry, I was not [clear]. Sorry.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. So Carlos, [inaudible], I never said it is enough, but there is a lot of information there and there is I think enough information for our ALSes. What we need? We need to make it more [inaudible] and that's why we need the webinars. That's why we need organized capacity building, not only the OLP. But the OLP can be something that we use to help doing this capacity building. Okay, thank you, all.

Now we are almost at the end of the call. Do we have any other business? No. We didn't finish the timeline please. I am sorry. So we said that after the approval of the program by the ALAC we need to go the implementation. And Sandra proposed that we use the leadership program given in Buenos Aires. This is a good thing and we have to review the slides, as she said.

This is something quick, ready that we can get now after the holidays, after December. But we need to think about how to implement the program – our program. Sandra proposed that we make something specific for each RALO. This is something that we can do, but it must be agreed. We will have to rush in this because we will have this program those issues that were asked for by the ALSes, which is global which is for the whole ALSes and we will have to do something specific for each

RALO. So this is something that we need to discuss more and I propose that we continue the discussion about that and we continue to develop our timelines by e-mail because now we are at the top of the hour. Do we have any – yes, Ali. You have your hand up.

ALI ALMESHAL: Tijani, I did not get the point of different [inaudible] for each RALO. What are you referring to here?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Sandra proposed that we form subgroups at the RALO level so that each group defines or tries to see what are the specific needs of this specific RALO. Understand? And according to their work, we can define a [regional] program more or less. A program for each RALO [apart]. So this is the proposal, Sandra.

ALI ALMESHAL: But I would think that it should be around 70 or to 80% common between all the RALOs and maybe [inaudible] percent of the customized or special needs, because the needs from region to region on the capacity building, it could look like sort of [common] but different in the lower percentage if I'm not mistaken.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. What are you proposing then, Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL: I said okay, fine. If there is a real need for a customized requirement from RALOs to RALOs, that's fine. Maybe I'm not aware about the other RALO requirement, but I would say that the capacity program should be sort of unified, at least 80%. Whatever the APRALO has is the same as LACRALO and there might be a small version of it is customized, if that is required for that. That's my [inaudible].

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Ali. Carlos, please, my friend.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: [inaudible] that too many customized models might be confusing.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, Carlos, go ahead.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Badly, Carlos. Badly. Can you improve a little bit like last time?

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: My [inaudible] is to re-read the [inaudible] because there are good and rich ideas in the chat today. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. I am sorry that I couldn't follow all the things written in the chat, so I will come back to the chat and read it. Okay, thank you, Carlos. Any other comments? Any other business? Okay. So I will declare this meeting adjourned. Thank you very much and bye-bye. Have a good night.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Tijani.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]