
GISELLA GRUBER: Welcome. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to everyone. On today's ATLAS II Organizing Committee Working Group meeting on Thursday, 6th March at 15:00 UTC we have Franco Moya, Eduardo Diaz, Natalia Enciso, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Glenn McKnight, Carlos Aguirre, Wolf Ludwig and Robert Gaetano.

We also have Andreea Gherasim, who's joined us. We have apologies noted from Sylvia Herlein-Leite today, and from staff we have Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang and myself, Gisella Gruber. Can I please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Gisella. Thank you everyone. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to everyone.

GISELLA GRUBER: Apologies – Siranush Vardanyan is on the call as well. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Before we start today's meeting, I send individual emails to each of the people who have Action Items assigned in this Committee. I'm requesting everyone to have a simple sentence with the Action Item on the front, so we can pick up the specific status of Items from the chat.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

It would be easier than going through the transcript or the recording. I hope we can do that this time. It will make it easier for all.

The first Item on the Agenda is to approve it. I'd like to ask if anyone has any business to add to the Agenda? If not we can start with the Action Items. The first one is Carlos Reyes, which is Action Items 21, 23 and 29. Carlos, when you go through your Action Items can you spell the description of the Action Items for the record? Thank you.

CARLOS REYES:

Hi, thank you very much. I have [a space? 02:35] for all my Action Items. For Action Item #21, which is to provide a list of all ATLAS II ALS travelers for constituency travel, this was completed on February 20th, and I submitted minor revisions – a few names changed here and there – a week later.

For Action Item #23, which is to create a survey to help with the formation of [medic? 03:08] groups, the survey was completed and distributed. Just over half of the ALSes participated. I left the survey open so we could continue to capture results, so that is complete for now.

For Action Item #29, which is to update the ATLAS II participant Wiki page... Now that Action Items #21 and #23 are largely finished, I'll go ahead and proceed with that. That's in progress.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much Carlos. The database that ICANN Constituency has, can we consider that completed? I knew there were about six people that we needed to have replacements for.

CARLOS REYES: Yes, I would say it's complete. Like I said, there were those few that will be confirmed by Singapore, so between now and then there's not much we can do, other than wait for the various results of those internal processes in Singapore.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you so much. The page that I created in the Wiki for so many of the participants, which is Action Item #23, the reason I put that together is I was looking at the ATLAS I Wiki page and I found that very useful. I added a couple more things, like who attended, so that's something we can add at the end, and also for each participant I have a column that indicates which thematic section they've been assigned to.

At the end I have statistics for totals. So we can have a feeling of how these people have been balanced through the thematic sessions. I think that page will be a good central point; not only for us as an Organizing Committee, but for whoever is participating, so they can know to which session they've been assigned.

I'm also putting in a column for the mentoring; if that person's going to be a mentor, or if that person's going to be applying for a mentor the mentor will be there also. That was the purpose of that. Thank you so much Carlos. Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Has ISOC Kenya been included in the list of participants? They've just had a green light as an ALS, but of course they filed their application before the deadline for filing applications, so I wanted to check on that. Of course, if they are on the list, have they been sent the survey? Thank you.

CARLOS REYES: Yes, I saw your note this morning. I've added them to the list and I'm going to work with Matt or Ariel to send them the survey, as it's via Big Pulse.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. Thank you Carlos. Carlos, I have another question about the survey. After the deadline, have received additional responses?

CARLOS REYES: I'm assuming you're referring to the thematic survey, correct? Yes, we received six more responses since I provided results to you, Tijani and Olivier, last week. Six more responses, but as I said, I kept it open, and I think we'll send out a reminder today or tomorrow.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Carlos. I have Glenn, please?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: Just a follow up on Olivier's question to Carlos: is the cut-off now in effect for any other new ALSes? We've submitted an ISOC Disabled and Special Needs application, as a NARALO ALS. I'm just curious.

CARLOS REYES: From the criteria that I believe was established last fall, the cut-off date for applications was the 31st of December. I don't know if you all want to reconsider that, but that is what was agreed upon.

EDUARDO DIAZ: That is correct. The deadline was 31st December and I believe the Kenya application came in before that date, that's why Olivier was asking the question. Any comments about this? If not, Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Eduardo. Carlos, you said you emailed the results of the survey, but I didn't receive them. Perhaps you're using a bad address. Please can you check with Gisella or IT to get the right address and send those results to me again, because they're very important. We're trying to be sure that we have the right rooms for these breakout sessions. Thank you.

CARLOS REYES: I'll resend the responses that I received, but I'm pretty sure you were part of the thread with Olivier and Eduardo, but I'll resend them to you right now.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, do you want to put your address in the chat? You may want to send your email address to Carlos, just to make sure that they have the right address.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I'll put it in the chat immediately. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Let's move forward. Heidi, you have Action Items #9 and #26. Can you state them and provide any status? Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm looking for #9. Can someone read that? I see them now. Ask Constituency Travel about visa application invitation letters for ATLAS II participants, and ensure that the list of approved travelers is sent to the Foreign Office for distribution to the UK Embassies and UK Consulates around the world.

The latest on the actual invitation letters is that it's still only in English, and the translation that was supposed to be done this past week has been a little delayed. I can go ahead and send the English only, if you'd like, or staff can do that. On the issue of the letter, I'd need to follow up with meeting staff on that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Heidi. I believe last time you were going to send the English version. You can go ahead and send that, then they'll do the translations. I think that's what we agreed upon last time. The next Action Item is #26.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Coordinate having a special lanyard or sticker at the bottom of the nametags to identify ATLAS II participants. I've sent that to meeting staff and it's being discussed internally with them. They'll get back to me. I think meeting staff have just been traveling so that's why there's a delay in getting responses. That's in progress.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you so much. Like I said at the beginning, I will ask you if you can put a little sentence in the chat with those Action Items, and a brief sentence about the status. Olivier, you have the floor?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Just on the subject of lanyards, why do we need approval from meeting staff? I don't think lanyards are particularly costly, and I'm sure that could come under our budget to have 100 lanyards that people can swap when they're in the room, and swap for whatever lanyard they're using for their badge. That would probably be easiest. Changing the badge itself is probably more complicated.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Olivier, you're perfectly correct in that we could go ahead and do that, but that might be Plan B, and Plan A is first to see if meeting staff can provide them at the time of registration, as well as a little sticker at the bottom of the nametag. Once we hear back from meeting staff then we can go to Plan B if need be.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier, do you want to comment on that or is that okay? Okay, Glenn, you have the floor.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: This goes back to Olivier as well. Olivier, I'm assuming you were looking at some kind of identifier with the person. In past events we've had – particularly at the showcases – people either wearing a particular color; whether it's a sweater, tie or other things... Just for identifiers, are we going to have any kind of concept like that for the event? Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Any comments on that? if not, Glenn, you have the floor again with Item #13, which has to do with the Fayre of Opportunities Event. Can you update us with that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: I will, but it looks as though a couple of people are throwing their hands up. Chair, if you want to give them...?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. I'd like to ask Glenn whether he means something to wear during what's replacing the showcase, or is he talking about the whole Summit?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: Again, from my experience, it was for the showcase that we had it, but it's not a bad idea throughout the entire ecosystem. I'm open to any concept, but I'd hate to wear the same outfit the entire time, so I'm a little resistant to that. I'd rather have it that there were just opportunities.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: The reason I ask is because I have another idea. Perhaps all of our ALS representatives should have a badge with a special sticker or color that shows that they're attendees or participants of the Summit. This is important for the rest of the ICANN community, so that they can recognize that those people came, they're At-Large people, and they're coming for the Summit. I think it's not a bad idea. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, that is mostly what Heidi was saying before about the lanyards and having the special sticker and badge. That's exactly what we want o

have – something that identifies the Summit people to the whole ICANN meeting, so thank you for the idea. Glenn?

GLENN MCKNIGHT::

My report on Item #13 refers to the ATLAS II Fayre of Opportunities. We have had very successful meetings where we've ratified three key Action Items. We need to have a clear scope, and that was our purpose and goal of the event. We've had very creative ideas – thanks to Tijani and Wolf in particular on their ideas.

Two, we decided that instead of a headliner act we were looking at ambiance or background music, and we also discussed the food for the event. Now, we do have some outstanding issues, and I'm appealing to the RALOs, to... One in particular: we're looking for a designate in your community who are music lovers, for example, to come up with a few music selections for the ambient background music.

They'll create this master list so that the audio people can be playing the music in the background, which is a nice flavor of the cosmopolitan nature of the RALOs. Secondly, I think each of the RALOs should assign someone to step forward to be responsible for the table display – the brochures, any background material, and that they coordinate with their Members who are on rotation at the display. That's my report.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Any comments on that? If not, let's move to the next one, Action Item #22. This has to do with an update from the Events Group, chaired by Tijani and Sylvia. Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. In fact we don't have a lot to say today because we advance very much before. But what's now remaining for the event is a more comprehensive survey, so the survey is going on. We'll have more responses, we'll have a better idea about the group.

The results we have so far are good for the available rooms, so there is no problem now but I don't know about tomorrow, because we have a few people who took the survey. The second main thing that I have to work on very soon is the list of rooms allocated to our meetings. I asked Heidi about that, and I hope she'll give me the list for each meeting and what room it's in.

I now have the plan and the capacity of each room, so I'll be sure and make the Organizing Group sure that the rooms available are really what we need for the Summit. This is the only thing that... I think we're more or less ready for Singapore, to finish everything regarding the event. Another thing related to the Summit is the capacity building [free? 20:14] after the Summit.

In the Capacity Building Working Group we worked on the trainers and we identified a pool of trainers. Staff is discerning the availability of the trainers, and I think we'll soon have the confirmation of all the trainers. We have to submit, in Singapore, the final program for the capacity building. It will be the final, because we should start implementing this program in, say, two weeks after Singapore.

We didn't want to implement it earlier because we want our ALS representatives to be fresh with the information when they come to the

Summit. We didn't want it to be very close to the Summit because people will be busier and perhaps we won't have an available trainer that can do the job at the last moment before the Summit. That's it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. Any comments about what Tijani said? With regards to the survey, Tijani, Carlos is going to resend a reminder to the list to see if we can get more responses. I was going to say that in Wednesday's meeting in Singapore, in the morning, the ATLAS II meeting, I reserved half an hour for you – and I think Nancy from meeting staff will be there – to discuss any details about rooms or any logistics or anything like that.

That would be a good time to talk face-to-face with Nancy and talk about all of these issues that are hanging in the air. You can finalize them then somehow. I also have a question for you. These thematic sessions – how are they going to be run? Is there going to be a Chair and a rapporteur and some kind of moderator? Can you give us an idea of how it's going to be done?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes. Thank you for this question. When we'll form those groups, before the London Summit, those groups will meet and have calls, and we'll choose the Chair and rapporteur for each group. They'll start discussing the subject, especially to speak about the recurrent document, about their resources, etcetera. The thematic work will start before the Summit, but not in substance. The substance will be done in London,

but before that we need to organize ourselves; who'll be Chair, who'll be rapporteurs, what are the documents needed for this work, etcetera.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Tijani. Any comments? Thank you Tijani for your status and for your hard work. Yes?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I wanted to say something but I've forgotten. When I remember I'll tell you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: No problem. [inaudible 24:26] the Group of Communications – Carlos, Natalia and [Marika?] had these Action Items of #16, #27 and #28. Please, Carlos or Natalia, [inaudible 24:41], if you want to tell us something on these Action Items, state them and then give us a status. Once you've finished I want to comment on yesterday's call. Carlos, you have the floor.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Thank you Eduardo. We combined Natalia's [start? 25:03]. Natalia, are you here?

NATALIA ENCISO: Yes. Hello. Shall I do all three together or point-by-point?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Just a very brief summary based on the Action Items that you have here. We don't want the greater details that we had yesterday.

NATALIA ENCISO: Okay. I think #16 is about coordinating the ATLAS II Communications Working Group. This Team has been created for the newsletter and web-based design work. We've already had two calls. The timeline is established. Staff has been assigned to Sub-Team Leaders and Members, and for next week we are to [inaudible 25:53] Team Leaders to coordinate the work.

Item #27 is a proposal for a design for a special lanyard or special sticker at the bottom of the nametag that will be used to identify ATLAS II participants. This is a work in progress. Designers are working on a new design for the ATLAS II, following the ICANN profile and color use in the Mexico Summit.

Item #28 – prepare a wish list of [items? 26:17] and [different ways?] memorabilia for the ATLAS II participants. This is also related to Item #27. The same team is also working on this. We have been asked to provide [inaudible 26:30] for the newsletter, webpage, [letter?] and memorabilia – for design, sorry. Carlos, do you have anything to add?

CARLOS AGUIRRE: No comment. We're ready to [inaudible 26:44].

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi please, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Natalia, I didn't quite understand what you said about the designers working on a new design. Could you just clarify what that is please?

NATALIA ENCISO: They are working on the... About the logo, the newsletter and the webpage, they're using the logo that was used in Mexico and basing their work on that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, just to clarify... Staff provided a template for a newsletter. Are you going to use that to some degree, or are you designing something completely new? I think we all...

NATALIA ENCISO: They are still working on that, so we don't have the final draft yet.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you very much.

NATALIA ENCISO: On the chat I've put the written report.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Natalia. I want to add what you said, and the question that Heidi's asked about the lanyard and the design. It's very important for the Communications Group to work in conjunction with staff, just to make sure that we're following standard designs or what-have-you, and keep them in the loop.

As soon as you have some kind of design, share that with staff so we can all work together and see what the best thing would be to be used for the Summit. I also want to comment on the call yesterday, that the Communications Group had. I just want to clarify that one thing that was missing from that call was some kind of framework that could identify why the group was having so many little Working Groups to throw out this framework.

I will get together with the Communications Group to clarify that, because it sounded like a lot of work. Really what they're doing is they're trying to sub-divide the Group just to get people to do little things, and at the end it'll all be compiled. So I just wanted to say that. Carlos, you have the floor.

CARLOS AGUIRRE:

Thank you. Yes, yesterday in our call we decided on many issues related to our work. If you want to know more about our work, we've posted the timeline of the Sub-Teams in our Wiki. We have planned for next week a call with each Sub-Team Leader to fix some troubles or questions or come up with any needed solutions for problems. We have very excited and interactive volunteers in our group, so we can do it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Carlos, those calls that you are doing, are you doing is using other types of tools? Is there something within the group to coordinate what you're doing and do staff not necessarily have to be involved in this? is that correct at that point?

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Yes. We planned a call with each Sub-Team Leader via Skype – no need for another tool. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Heidi, you have your hand up. Can you comment on this?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, that was an old hand. If I could just echo what Eduardo is saying – it would be so much better if this group could closely coordinate with Eduardo, Olivier and staff at every step. We're working on many of the same things and we're constantly in touch with the relevant staff who are going to be helping with this. We really need to work closely together on this. Thank you Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Any other comments? Natalia, you have your hand up?

NATALIA ENCISO: Yes, I just want to clarify that we're only Working Group and we've divided the work between [inaudible 32:15] Teams. We are going to have a private call between the Co-Chairs and the Leaders of these two groups. We're not going to burden the staff with more work. This is just for our internal work. I also want to ask the Chairs of the other Working Groups whether you have anything important to publish on the newsletter or the webpage? Please provide us with that information.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Any comments? Questions? If there are not other comments and questions the Carlos, Natalia and [inaudible 33:03] online, thank you so much for your status on your work. I will call you offline and we'll get this going. I want to give you some input on the things that I mentioned before. [Ray] from the Public Relations Group, I don't see him on the list. Is he online? No? Okay. Let's move to the next one.

Fatima Cambronero –an update on the Mentoring Group please. Fatima, you have the floor. Fatima, you might be muted because we cannot hear you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: She doesn't have a mic.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. She's stated in the chat the following status: "We are working to modify the drafts of the Mentoring Program. Staff has already created a

mailing list for the Mentoring Program. This is the update.” Glenn, you have the floor please.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: Yes. I’ve gone to Item #14 and I notice that in their minutes they didn’t have a NARALO representative on that Organizing Committee. I don’t recall ever being approached. I have very little details on the actual Mentoring Program itself. It’s something Garth and I have actually had conversations on, so the more details I have, I’m sure we can find someone within NARALO to participate.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Glenn, do you want to participate in that group?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: Yes, that’s fine, I’ll volunteer.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Please go to the page and add your name to the mailing list there. To give you a glimpse of what the Mentoring Program is, basically what we’re wanting to do is take the ALSes that are going to be in the Summit, and divide the ALSes within the ALAC, or all the people that are willing to mentor.

At the very end, you, me, or whoever is going to have two or three people assigned to us. Then we’ll be responsible for them; to help them and be mentors to them and help them go through the Summit and the

ICANN Meeting. That's what Fatima is putting together. Does that answer your question, Glenn?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: Yes, I see the concept. It's the logistics that I need details on. Okay, I will follow up on that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. Any other comments? If not, Olivier – sponsors. How is that going?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. I've just put a little update on the Wiki for Action Item #15. I've received direct feedback from the Chairman of [Afilia? 36:26], who has told me the numbers we were asking was a little bit high, but they were going to come back to us with a counter proposal. In the next week or so we should have a counter proposal. It's something they're looking at quite importantly.

With regards to the other request I've not had any other feedback, but from Microsoft, where the request has now been passed up the hierarchy to the people in charge of sponsorship, and they're currently looking at it. They might have some more questions to ask me in a few days time, but they've let me know that this has been escalated up the hierarchy. Apart from that, no other news. Thank you.

What I will do is follow up with everyone. I can do that immediately. Whilst this call is taking place I'll be sending a follow up email to those who've not responded so far. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much Olivier. Any comments on what Olivier's said? Glenn, you have your hand up. Do you want to comment on this?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: No, sorry. I'll take it down.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Wolf and Cheryl, this is Action Item #4. It has to do with the feedback form that will be used to get some feedback from the actual Summit at the end. I know you've send a draft to the list. Do you want to comment on this? Wolf, you have the floor.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, a couple of days ago I send a draft for such a feedback form. It's a good frame, I think what's still to be updated once the program for ATLAS II is accomplished; to add the sessions onto the feedback form, that there's an opportunity for participants to make comments on particular sessions. This needs to be updated but I think the frame I've suggested so far – and I haven't received any comments from Cheryl – but [I take more or less a Google? 38:51] and I will [care for?] the update once a program is accomplished.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Wolf. Any comments on what Wolf said? Okay. The next point for Cheryl has to do with an update on the ROI. I will see her in the call. So with that we're done with this call. Any other business? Any comments? Okay. I propose that we have our next call on Monday, 17th.

That's the week when everybody's going to be traveling. I propose to have a meeting that day – on Monday, at the same time. Any comments on this? If not, this meeting is adjourned. Thank you so much for your time. [inaudible 40:18] Today we have a call with the candidates. Heidi, what time is that?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: 5:00 EST I think?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: 21:00 UTC.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I guess I will hear all of you this afternoon.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:: I guess so.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Keep those questions coming in. Put those questions on the Wiki and get those questions coming in for the candidates. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]