
GISELLA GRUBER: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone on today's APRALO Showcase organizing committee call on Tuesday 14 January 2014 at 05:00 UTC.

We have Siranush Vardanyan, Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro, Bikram Shrestha, Pavan Budhrani, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, and Maureen Hilyard. Apologies noted from Yu-Chuang Kuek, Silvia Vivanco, and Olivier Crépin-Leblond. From staff today, we have myself, Gisella Gruber.

If I could also please remind everyone to state your names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you, and over to you, Siranush.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you, Gisella. Thank you very much. Welcome, again, everyone. Good morning from my side to the rest of the world. Thank you joining to this call.

Today, we are going to discuss action items which were put in front of us during our last call, and then we will discuss some updates and our future steps.

So let's start with a discussion of action items, which is here. Gisella has posted action items. So the first action item was for Silvia Vivanco to provide the list of APRALO people who will be funded for travel to Singapore. So it's done already. The list includes the names of ALAC members from APRALO, chair, and vice chair at this point so [nowhere near] update.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

I think that the second action item comes clearly to that point when Maureen [trying] to send and she sent also the e-mails to identify who is coming. Maureen, can you update how many people responded? I know that not a lot of them responded to you, but however how many you received the answer from?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. I've got about 11 names, but they include people – oh, shoot. Hang on. Hang on. Sorry. Sorry about that. I've got about 11 names, but actually [Mahmoud] is the only one who is actually coming that is self-funding. Ellen Strickland and Jordan and Keith from Internet New Zealand are coming, but they're on I don't know what kind of funding that is. I think it's self-funding.

Ali was not sure about whether he was coming or not. We've got two other ALSes coming as fellows that [inaudible] funded, but they will be present. So that makes it about 11 people who are actually ALS people who are going to be present at the moment.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Okay. Okay. So if there will be any additions to that from self-funding, then just we'll be happy to see them.

Okay. The next action item there is to follow up with APNIC and DotAsia as potential sponsors. We have discussed with Pavan, and I just would like to express my great thankfulness to Pavan again and to DotAsia for many of you received the information about the quiz. And I see that also for the winners, DotAsia has some gifts to be taken away.

And also, Pavan, we're going to discuss with Edmon based on the preliminary budget, which I have sent to this organizing committee. Pavan, we're going to discuss with DotAsia. Pavan?

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

Yes. I'm here. I have just sent an e-mail over – not just, in the past week – and Edmon has yet to get back. So once I get a reply over there, I'll let the group know as soon as possible. Like is it going to be the meal or the amount as well. But once I get an update, I'll let everyone know.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Excellent, Pavan. [At least] DotAsia already is doing really good job, and I hope that they will also fund a little bit more for some items in the budget. So as soon as Pavan will have the information, he will get back to us via e-mail.

Also, the next action item is that Susie/Vivanco were going to provide sponsorship packages to apply for sponsorship. Susie is ICANN staff. So Silvia sent me the update that she already sent a couple of packages to Suzie, and she's in progress of awaiting feedback from ICANN meeting staff. So I hope that she will as soon as she gets back from them – now Silvia is in L.A., so she's going to meet also with the meeting staff there. And as soon as she has the information, she will get back to us.

I think that this package also can be helpful for any other people who can apply to different organizations locally or as Sala mentions in a couple of organizations in chat room. And also this will be used by Holly

to apply to APNIC as well. Anyone would like to say something on that? I don't see any raised hands, so let's continue.

Okay, the next one, Kuek was going to check the pricing on Marina Basin. So we were planning to at least try to organize our Showcase there, but I assume that it's really very pricey. But anyway, Kuek is not on the call today, so whenever he clarifies this he will come back to it.

Next action item is Maureen Hilyard to get some information from ALSes to be printed. Maureen, any update on that [site]?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I'm assuming that this is actually about the brochure that we were actually thinking of putting together about the ALSes. And I was going to put together a brochure like [inaudible] that was going to be printed. That's not too difficult to put together from the information that's already on ALSes online, and everyone has been keeping their stuff up-to-date. Well, just about everyone.

And, of course, it isn't mentioned here, but we're still working on the posters. So that's something else, and I'm getting in touch with people about [inaudible] for that as well. So that's something extra. Okay. Thanks.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Okay, Maureen, just for your information, all ALSes except one have provided their updated information, and their logos and information all are posted on our ALS page. So if you need any updates to update the

document you have from previous – the brochure – you can take the information from there.

But by the end of this month, we already need the whole package for identifying the price, how much it will cost, because we also need to apply to sponsorship for printing that. So if that can be – and I know Ali also is preparing a couple of documents with diagrams, etc., for the same brochure.

So if that can be combined, the efforts can be combined together with Ali to finalize that at least by the end of this month and for us to identify the pricing, that will be just wonderful. Is this possible to do that, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Yes, that will be fine.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Thank you very much. Thank you. Great.

The next one is Silvia Vivanco to send map with all the APRALO ALSes to be included. She also sent me the update in that, that it is in progress. And as she's now in L.A., she will try to see if there is any possibility to improve our online map during this week, and she will send it to Ali as it was supposed by our discussion to be included in our brochure.

Okay, the next action item is to follow up with ALSes to get the logos to complete the wiki page. Finally, I can say that during three/four months – even more – all ALSes except one from – at least I didn't hear back

from Azerbaijani ALS with the update information to be posted – but all others have posted their information already. They sent it to me, and I post them on wiki. Any questions on that? No. I can't see any raised hands.

So the next action item, Ali to coordinate with Silvia Vivanco to add some more diagrams in one or two pages to be added to the booklet. Ali, you are on the call if you have any update on that. Ali? Yes, Ali, we can hear you.

ALI ALMESHAL: Good morning, everybody. Good afternoon. I haven't received...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: We are losing your voice, Ali.

ALI ALMESHAL: Any update yet from Silvia. I think I'm going to [inaudible]. Can you hear me?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Ali, we can't hear you.

ALI ALMESHAL: Yeah, yeah, okay. I'm still waiting. I have sent a couple of reminders, but we'll follow up with some more to get [inaudible] to update the booklet...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Can we agree that we will really finalize this by the end of January? We need the brochure, the final...

ALI ALMESHAL: [inaudible]

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes.

ALI ALMESHAL: Have you heard the update I have said?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: No, only clear, I just lost your voice.

ALI ALMESHAL: Voice is on and off.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, yes.

ALI ALMESHAL: I mean, the voice is on and off, so...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: But you said that by the end of January, everything will be done?

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, okay. I will just try just [inaudible]. Okay, okay. That's...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, Ali, I know that you are awaiting for the staff to send the requested info. Can you send a reminder what exactly you are waiting to Silvia and to Gisella if she is already back for her to be on the loop as well what information are you waiting for? Please send to the staff the reminder, and if possible we need this brochure to be finalized by – which is in the process of finalizing by Maureen – this information also to be included, so by the end of January. Okay, thank you. Excellent.

So let's move to another action item. Emani was going to design the lapel pins. So I'm not sure if Emani is on the call. Okay. Yes, Maureen has posted that Emani was in touch with Kuek with regard to Singapore logo for the buttons that he was preparing. Okay. Yes, I have received that information. Emani needed also the bigger size of the logo, so he applied to Kuek. I think that he is in the process of doing that.

So I will send a reminder to Emani to have the final design and pricing for that pins to see if we can [inaudible] them. I mean, it will base on price to see if we have sponsors for that. Yes, thank you.

The next one, yeah, we said Kuek to get the ICANN logo. It's done

Cheryl and Maureen to contact local people in Singapore to ensure quality of the pins. I think that we are talking about [inaudible] here.

Kuek also sent me an update the he's going to find out the prices. I hope that soon he will get back to us with the prices with that [inaudible] which we are going to prepare as takeaways. I hope we'll have [inaudible] for that as well.

So, yes, the next action item to finalize the speakers and confirm them. Let's discuss this right now because we have the agenda posted in our space. Here is the link to our agenda, and there are the names of the presenters. Let's discuss if you want to add or remove someone from here.

So we have me starting and welcoming people. We will have as speakers, we have chair of ALAC, Olivier Crépin-Leblond. We have opening speeches from Fadi Chehadé, Steve Crocker, and Sébastien Bachollet. We also have speaker Kuek as VP for Asia region. We have Save Vocea. We have Holly Raiche and Cheryl Langdon-Orr. Is there anyone who would like to add someone? So no suggestions?

So we have these names as the speakers, and we have approvals from Kuek, Save, Holly, and Cheryl. I would like to staff. I think that Olivier also is okay with that. I would like to ask staff who is going to receive okays from Steve Crocker and Fadi and Sébastien. I think Sébastien also will be okay, but we need official confirmation from Fadi, Steve, and Sébastien. Can I ask the support from staff to have their confirmation as speakers? Yes, it's posted as a... Yes, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, Siranush. I just noted that as an action item for staff to confirm Fadi, Steve, and Sébastien as speakers for the Showcase. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you very much. Yes, Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, darling. I've been on mute for most of the call. I've got some family here. So that's not my usual background noise; I've got additional background noise.

I was just about to suggest, but it's easier to speak than type. I think the invitation should come in your name, Siranush, as chair but via Heidi. I think that's the most appropriate protocol.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And that would be for Steve Crocker, for Fadi, and for any of the executives who may also wish to attend. Thank you. I'll go back on mute now.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you very much, Cheryl. This is really very good help and [inaudible]. Probably I will talk to Heidi if there is any indication already on the table. So we'll prepare invitations and send to Fadi, Sébastien, and Steve. Thank you for the suggestion.

So the next action item is, yes, we have quiz and Pavan has sent the questions for the quiz. I would like to ask you if you all are okay with the five questions which were posted as a quiz. And Pavan will be leading this quiz part during the Showcase itself. Pavan, I assume you will be in Singapore?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes. Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I'm saying that you will be leading this, but I was not sure. So will you be there?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes, I will be there.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Excellent. So Pavan is leading the quiz, and are there any suggestions for the questions? Because no responses were via e-mail. So if we all are okay, Pavan will take all those questions. And he has already the prizes for the winners.

Okay, so now a suggestion. Pavan, you are taking this quiz. And you can prepare this as a postcard as Cheryl suggested during the last call. So prepare it in whatever way you would like to take care of this quiz during the Showcase, okay?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes. Sure thing.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Excellent. Thank you. We can report it as a finalized action item as well.

So we have another action item. Yes, it's completed. Silvia sent the quiz questions to members, and they review. It is completed, so it's finalized.

Kuek sent the information regarding local dancing performance. So it will be about \$600. And we need to find the sponsor for that. So I assume after finalizing a couple of action items as well here and having the sponsorship package, we can apply with this funding to some of the – or we can ask DotAsia or we can ask APNIC to see who can fund which item. So we just have the pricing for that, and whenever we have a sponsor, Kuek said that he has no problems to go and to find out the people who can come and perform.

And also the information about the possibility with disabilities, I have sent the information that this will be just a mentorship program. This is the first one ever we are planning, so there is no specific proposal there. But Kuek sent me the information that [inaudible] also was in connection with him that he has several people in Singapore working on disabilities, so they will contact them.

But I think that the main purpose of this will be mentorship and Cheryl really agreed to be one of the mentors for that group. I don't know if [inaudible] also will be in Singapore, but at least we will try to make this participation like a fellowship participation so it will be introductory. And the possibility for them to participate in [inaudible] meetings for

the newcomers also will be as an introductory meeting for them to see how in future we can be helpful and how we can develop the idea with this disability participation.

Any suggestions on that side from participants? So I don't see any suggestions, but I will be in contact with Kuek related on this to see any additional information is needed for that. So we'll come up with more during the next call.

So these are all the action items we have. Yes, thank you, Cheryl. You said that you will be doing that. I know, and I'm really thankful for your support. Ali, you have your hand, please.

ALI ALMESHAL:

Just a quick inquiry about the process. Maybe I lost that part or I don't know if you have discussed that one. As we have seen that Maureen has sent some posters from the Pacific from Australia, and I have the posters for Bahrain, and I think you have the one. So are we receiving all of them, and are we putting them all in one? I don't know how Maureen was [inaudible] that or we have different pages of the posters. Maureen is [inaudible] something.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

I think, Ali, if you are done with all those posters and you send to Maureen, she will have all in one format and we will also identify how to print them because she will identify the pricing for them. If she has the whole package, then we can see how much money she will need for printing them. Can you send them all to Maureen? Yes, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. I was just going to ask Ali if he can just send it to me, so then I've got them all. I think there's actually going to be three, and I just want to get some costing for the three. So you've put yours together then, Ali? All done?

ALI ALMESHAL: Yes, I do have. I will do that. Not to worry. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, great. Oh, awesome. Okay. If I can have that as soon as – as long as I can get it before the end, well, in a couple of weeks max, that will be really good and I'll work on that one. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, thank you, Maureen and Ali. So by the end of January, we'll have all this stuff to be identified and finalized and printed, meaning pricing will be available for that as well. And I know also Emani is preparing the video. I haven't heard from him related to the video so, Maureen, if you have any updates from Emani on that? Or if no, I will send an e-mail to him to see where he is on that stuff.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. He did mention that he was working on the video and that he has been receiving some clips from various people, which is really great. But I can't give you an absolute update on that. Sorry. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Okay. Thank you. So I will [inaudible] information to him. Can I ask Gisella now to post the agenda which we have prepared, the draft agenda? And I posted the link here in wiki for people to see.

We have a couple of items already finalized. So we have finalized the list of speakers for now, so no additions were done to this list. We have finalized the quiz, which Pavan will be leading. We have finalized the process how we'll get the confirmation from Fadi, Steve, and Sébastien that will I do with support Heidi and Gisella.

So I would like to see your suggestions as well to have the final agenda as well because we need to start already finalizing all items we have because we will have only February to start printing materials to get all promotional materials and just a couple of days in March to have all this finalized.

Any suggestions for the agenda? Did you go to agenda and see what is there? Are you able to see the agenda? So I can't hear anyone, but I don't see also any raised hands. So, okay, I assume that everybody can see it. So if there is any suggestion, please come up with via e-mail. But we need to finalize it by the end of this month. [Excellent to Heidi]. Sorry. So no suggestions on this item.

So I'm just trying to review the action items which Gisella posted here. So we have a couple of items to finalize and to summarize what we have discussed. We have Maureen and Ali leading the part of posters and brochure part to be finalized by the end of January. We have me and Heidi to finalize the speakers with the invitation. We have me to follow

up with Emani about video and lapel pins and pricing for them. And also with Kuek related to disability part. And also to hear that Cheryl. So yeah, we have agenda posted here. Thank you, staff.

And I think we are on a good track. So let's discuss. We have our APRALO monthly call on January 28, so by that time we will have some updates for this. Are you okay if we have our Singapore organizing committee meeting in the first week of February? Is there any suggestion we should do it earlier? I think the first week of February, we'll have all the documents finalized and all the prices there.

Though during this period we will be discussing this via APRALO mailing list as well. So if there are any updates coming up, we can send it via e-mail, but to have the final call, we can have it...

Yes, [inaudible] I agree we can discuss it during January APRALO call as well because it will be one of the agenda items for the call. So first week of February. So staff will send a Doodle for first week of February, and we'll see if there will be good timing for Asia Pacific region.

[inaudible] comments.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

[inaudible] coming through the AC room. I just noticed it still has Holly listed as the acting chair of APRALO. We just need to update that "Who" list just so it's appropriately respecting your role. That's all. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Maureen, I'm sorry, but I really couldn't hear what you have said. I only heard the name of Holly.

GISELLA GRUBER: Siranush, it's Gisella here.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes.

[MAUREEN HILYARD]: Siranush, that was Cheryl.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: That was what? I'm sorry.

[MAUREEN HILYARD]: Yes, it was Cheryl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Ah, okay. Okay, it was Cheryl.

GISELLA GRUBER: Siranush, it was Cheryl just on the Showcase agenda that towards the end the “Wrap-up” is acting chair is not Holly Raiche. It will be changed. I’m in the process of changing that now. There’s an error.

Sorry, everyone. Siranush has dropped. We are just dialing out to her again.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I am online? I am on the call already?

GISELLA GRUBER: Siranush, you’re back. Thank you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, I am back. Thank you. Yes, Cheryl, thank you very much for noticing it. I really even didn’t notice that. So, yes, we’ll change the name here. We’ll put my name. Thank you. So as usual, Cheryl is attentive to everything. Thank you very much.

So I think that – is there anything we would like to discuss for now? Thank you, Gisella, for correcting the page as well. So no any suggestions? Everybody knows what we are going to do until the end of January, so I assume that everyone is doing whatever is needed. So thank you very much. I think that we are done for that call, and we’ll do our next one in February based on the Doodle which will be sent by the staff. Thank you all, and I hope to talk to you during our APRALO calls.

[PAVAN BUDHRANI]: Thank you. Bye, Siranush.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Bye-bye, everyone, and thank you. Thank you Pavan, Ali, Cheryl, Sala, [to Heidi], Bikram, and Maureen. Thank you for your participation and, of course, thank you Gisella.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]