

---

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Welcome everyone to the ATLAS II Working Group call on Thursday, 19<sup>th</sup> of December 2013 at 1500 UTC. On today's call we have Roberto Gaetano, Siranush Vardanyan, Christopher Wilkinson, Wolf Ludwig, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Eduardo Diaz and Tijani Ben Jemaa.

We have apologies from Jordi Iparraguirre, Baudoin Schombe, Cheryl Langdon-Orr and Natalia Enciso. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes and myself, Julia Charvolen. May I please remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. We have the Agenda on the right. I wanted to know from the group if there is anything you'd like to add or change in the Agenda, or shall we just go through it? Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I would like to add the discussion of the list of topics that Wolf sent for the Summit. I think it's not something that the Event Sub-Group has to decide on, it's something that the whole Organizing Committee has to agree on. That's why I propose to add the list and to make this group decide which one we have to keep and which we have to drop. Thank you.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

EDUARDO DIAZ:

I don't have a problem doing that. I don't know if we enough time to do all the things we wanted to do in this call, and to include that. my suggestion is – and I'm not saying that the group should not look at it – I think it would be better that if the groups put some kind of proposal out there and we all agree or disagree on what the proposal is, and allow the Events Group to discuss it in that scope; with the scope of the event. Then we just come to the Organizing Committee and discuss it with your suggestions. Do you like that idea Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay, we can do that but it will be longer. Okay, it works. I know in this meeting we have a lot of things to discuss and I understand.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

The aim of this meeting is really to come up with consensus on the overall ICANN theme, and goals for this meeting. I have compiled information from Wolf and JJ and all the people, and see if we can reach that. Once we have that really clear we can take that away and then focus our event and the PR agenda on these items.

Thank you Tijani for this suggestion. I think the Events Committee have to look at events and somehow ratify that that's what we want to do. So thank you. Let's move to Item #3. In this Item in the Agenda, I don't know if you have access to... If staff can put in the Adobe today's meeting? I put a comment, which is the same thing that I sent via email.

---

The email I sent to the group before this call, I wanted people to look at this before we came into this meeting.

Basically, in the last call we had two weeks ago, I think we reached a rough consensus on the theme for the ATLAS II, and that is “Global Internet: the Use of Perspective”. I want to hear some comments about this and see if we can reach some kind of consensus with some discussion; if we need the discussion. Any comments please? Tijani please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. I think that regarding the hot discussion now inside and outside of ICANN, the Internet ecosystem, I think that perhaps we can make it “The Future of Internet Governance: The User’s Perspective”. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. Any comments...? Christopher?

CHRISTOPHER WILKINSON:

What I’m about to say is based on what I said to the ICANN European Briefing yesterday. I think ATLAS II should focus on the internal governance of ICANN. I think ATLAS II is about enhancing the user perspective, and I agree with the primary theme; the user perspective within the decision-making process of ICANN.

---

There are other fora in which we can discuss Internet governance more broadly, but the critical problem today is the inadequate user perspective and insufficient representation of users and civil society, public interest, representatives, in the ICANN decision-making process itself. Thank you Chair.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. Any comments about this? Tijani, in relation to your suggestion, I just have a question or maybe a comment – having the words ‘Internet governance’ in the theme probably means that the event focus will be mostly driven by those words. I’m just making this up, let’s say we have a session on IPv4 – and I’m not saying that that will be one of the themes – but let’s say that we have something like that at the event, how does that relate to something like Internet governance?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

If you can put me in the queue please?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Go ahead Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

The suggestion around Internet governance –and I heard what Christopher Wilkinson just said –I think what we always need to remember is that this is ICANN so we do have to relate all of the subjects that we discuss as related to ICANN and ICANN processes, etc. If we’re

just going to have something about general Internet governance then I'm a bit concerned that we might be going against the disclose of this world and the wider Internet governance issues, democracy, freedom of speech, this kind of thing.

I have a concern that it doesn't directly to ICANN, but I'm absolutely aware that we would be able to discuss Internet governance as related to ICANN, and I think looking at the general movement at which ICANN is moving at the moment, it would be entirely suitable for this overarch of the theme to be the theme that we use. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Any comments? Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I fully understand what you've both said, and my point is that ICANN is part of the Internet governance; it's not outside of Internet government. Secondly, it's only to give the message that the interest of the users is the center of this Summit and we want it to be considered by ICANN and also by the whole Internet eco system. This was my point of view, but if there is consensus on limiting it to ICANN I don't...

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you Tijani. I hear what Olivier and Tijani are saying, and even if we select to use "Global Internet: the Use of Perspective" that doesn't preclude us of discussing the Internet governance issue within

---

events, because this is a hot topic. It might not be related directly with ICANN, but it's something ICANN will get involved in. [inaudible 10:30] understand what's happening out there.

Going back to the overarching theme, do we have any other comments about this suggested theme?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I think that we are in agreement. What I was just saying is that we need to make sure that when we discuss Internet governance, we have to focus it on how that relates to ICANN's positions. So yes, discuss the wider issues out there, as related to how this [comes? 11:29] with ICANN, because ultimately the important thing we need in there is for ALSes to be able to take better part in ICANN's PDPs.

So they obviously have to understand ICANN, understand the inside processes, understand how to enhance their participation, but at the same time also understand the wider environment out there – that's extremely important; to understand the wider environment and the different players, etc. So I think we are in agreement. I don't see a difference in what I'm saying and what Tijani's saying. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Let's move to the next point. I want to hear if anybody is against this theme for the ATLAS II? I'm not seeing anyone using this then I'd say we've reached consensus on this for the ATLAS II. Should we do an [applause? 12:42] somewhere around here? Let me see if I can do that.

Right. Everybody should [applaud] that theme; that we've been talking about this for quite a while.

We can use to the next Item here. In the Buenos Aires meeting, when we met with PR staff, there was a question asked during the meeting. They basically said what sort of strategy, what methods do you want for the PR to be out there for the Summit? I have put it in the mail here in the comments.

Possible clear messages that we can use as strategies for PR, this got some comments from Wolf and JJ, and I just want to hear your comments regarding this – who we add, who we take away, can we use all of them... I need some comments and ideas please. Wolf, you may want to talk about these messages for the group? Any comments? Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks Eduardo. Regarding the first PR message: "At-Large is the natural home of the general Internet user" –I guess my question is regarding the word 'general'. Do we mean to say 'individual Internet user'? Because that's what's typically used in our message when we talk about the At-Large community. We represent the interest of the individual Internet users and so forth.

So I was just wondering if the word 'general' had a connotation to something else. That was my question.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Dev. No, I didn't look at that deeply. I just got this from suggestions that were sent around, but we can change 'general' to 'individual Internet users' if it makes more sense and is something that we've used before. Tijani, please?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. I agree with Dev and I propose to remove 'general', that's all, even not put 'individual'.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, yes. I'm agreeing with Tijani.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I guess one of the PR messages we... If the suggestion is to change 'general' to 'individual' I haven't heard any comments against that, so we should do that. I think for the comments that I've had, I think that's one of the PR messages that we want to have out there, as far as the PR [contained? 16:46] that we'll be having for the Summit. What about 'At-Large provides a broader view to the ICANN community'? Olivier?



OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I heard Dev mention that 'At-Large represents the Internet users'. I think we risk falling into a trap here. It's very difficult to say that we 'represent' people. In general, when representing people you are given a clear mandate by those people. Bearing in mind there are 2.4, maybe 2.5 billion Internet users, we have 150 ALSes... Okay, we're getting there but we're still a long way away of being able to represent the interests of users. 'Represent the interests of users' is also a difficult one, Dev.

I note Dev has put on the chat, "I said 'represent the interests of users'." It is better than saying 'representing the users'. Often, I think we weaken it by saying we 'act in the best interests of Internet users' or 'what we believe are the best interests of users'. Because 'representing the interests of users' would mean that we have some kind of mandate by Internet users that have signed up for us to represent their interests.

While 'acting in the best interests of Internet users' is something that we have been doing, and even if sometimes we might not know exactly what an Internet user wants, the very fact that we are Internet users ourselves, and relate to our local community and even...

I would hope we discuss what happens in ICANN with our local communities, we manage to get a sample of Internet users and can form our own points of view. They'd be pretty much in line with what most Internet users out there would feel about the policies that are being discussed. I hope that makes sense. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivier, nobody spoke about representation here, it is 'the natural home' so there is no ambiguity.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Also, there is a comment by Heidi in the chat that in the ICANN bylaws it says the At-Large AC is the primary organizational home within ICANN for individual Internet users. We might consider changing 'natural home' to 'primary organizational home of the individual user within ICANN.' Any comments about that? Would that satisfy your comment Olivier? Wolf, please go ahead.

WOLF LUDWIG: I just wanted to comment on the latest exchanges and comments. I think the previous version we had on the overarching theme was much more political and attractive than suddenly coming back to ourselves, understanding as At-Large being the 'natural', or whatever, 'home' of our community. This is part of ourselves understanding.

Okay, I agree, but this isn't really an attractive subject for the Summit. I think we should take into consideration that if we want to have any impact beyond our community, we cannot speak with an overarching subject to our own feelings, etc., and it should not be an insider discussion. I think there should be a sort of broader context, and

---

therefore and I still believe the previous version, talking about user perspectives.

What could be a 'user perspective' in the ICANN decision-making process? This is much more attractive to other constituencies outside of At-Large than anything like 'the natural home' etc. This is just my comment. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Wolf, I think we agreed to leave the theme of the ATLAS II to 'Global Internet: the User Perspective'. We moved to Agenda Item #3, where we're trying to define what the messages are that we want to send through out PR campaign. This is the PR staff from ICANN asking us what messages we want to send out there. That's what we're discussing now. If you're in the Adobe and move down the page, we're on 'PR message – item #1.' That's the one we're discussing.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Okay, probably I missed that.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Okay. Your comments are well taken. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Eduardo. I was actually going to say the same thing as Wolf, so I differ to him.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Going back to where we were, we're onto public relation message, Item #3, and what we've said there is to say something like 'At-Large is the primary organizational home for the individual Internet user within ICANN.' I think we agreed that that's one of the messages we want to send with the PR campaign there. The second message that I gather from comments... Tijani, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I don't understand why you didn't like the 'natural' home. I think it's very clear that it's any user, the home of the users is At-Large in ICANN. It is clear.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Tijani, the reason I was suggesting this was regarding the message Heidi put in the chat that if you use 'primary organizational home' it links directly into the ICANN bylaws. That's all. I don't think... That's basically why I suggested that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Are we obliged to rephrase what's written in the bylaws?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Well, it's for all of us to decide. Let's hear Olivier please. You have the floor.

---

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Tijani, using the expression 'natural home' would effectively mean that other places in ICANN are not natural homes for Internet users, and I understand that you mean that users do have much strength in At-Large – this is their natural location for them to get involved, but what you're doing effectively by saying this is to stop any business users... People that have their own business are people too.

To stop anyone who is in civil society, non-commercial, non-commercial users... So we're not being very productive at that point by saying that we're the natural ones and the other ones are, by default, the non-natural ones. This is why the bylaws, which have been drafted by this Committee – and trust me, I remember the discussions on the specific sentence – the primary organizational home is something that this Committee has come up with after an enormous amount of discussion.

I think that's the best and easiest way to describe this community. Bearing in mind we want to be included as well, so I was also going to suggest that we have some sessions where we do invite some of the other users out there. So if we said 'welcome to the natural home of the users', I'm not quite sure how that would go down with them.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Got it Olivier, thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: If there are no more comments about number one, let's look at the second one – 'the At-Large provides a broader view to the ICANN community'. It's another message we want to send. It is clear. Any comments please about this second message? I can't hear any. I guess everyone agrees on this. Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Probably the PR message needs to be typed out so that we know exactly what the final text is. The final PR message text is: 'At-Large is the primary organizational home of the Internet user within ICANN' is the final PR message?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I believe we decided on 'the individual Internet user within ICANN'.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Well, Fatima also used 'Internet end users'. Is there a particular... I guess the word 'individual'... There's probably another way of phrasing it. You could say 'Internet end users within ICANN' but I don't know if there's any concern with that. I'm okay with 'individual Internet users'.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So let's take that Item offline and discuss it there, because basically one way or another, it depends on the final wording, we agreed that this is one of the PR messages, which is the important thing. What

---

particular words we use, I think we've agreed on some of them and we just have to fine-tune them. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you. I will speak about #1 and #2 at the same time. For Item #1 I agree with the proposal of 'end users' rather than 'individual users'. For the second Item, we say 'provide a broader view to the ICANN community'. I don't know if the ICANN community would agree with that. If we say 'provide a broader view to ICANN' it would be acceptable.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Wolf please?

WOLF LUDWIG: I think when we talk about messages, messages are not directed to us – messages in my understanding are directed to, let's say the outside environment or the outside world. Therefore they shouldn't be too self-directed. The second point is I think we have to avoid any technical speech, wording, etc., when we do public relations. This is a completely different set-up of language.

I think we should use... I made a suggestion of 'broader and user-centered'. In my opinion that's much clearer than repeating ourselves and self understanding that we consider ourselves as the natural, or whatever home of Internet users. Therefore let's be careful about

---

language and wording and come up with messages that are somehow appealing and not the usual technical terms we are used to. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Wolf. Any other comments, suggestions? Okay. Let's move to #3, which is 'At-Large strengthens ICANN as the model case for the multistakeholder participation'. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Mr. Chairman. Question – what did we settle on then for #2, because I didn't hear what we basically said was going to work there?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry about that. My understanding is that to take the word 'community' out of #2, I guess you hear more comments about that. I think Wolf's comment was more – correct me if I'm wrong – about #1? Does anybody have a comment to have message #2 to say 'At-Large provides a broader view to ICANN'? Olivier?

WOLF LUDWIG: May I just.. Olivier, before now it was a misunderstanding. I was referring to #2 Eduardo. My suggestion was 'At-Large provides a broader and user-centered view to ICANN'. 'Broader' means everything, but if we add 'broader and user-centered view' it's getting clearer.



EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you Wolf. Olivier please?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Mr. Chairman. Now I've got a better idea of #2 I was going to suggest that we start that sentence by 'At-Large contributes to providing a broader user-centered view to ICANN', because again, there are some other parts of ICANN that also contribute to [dealing? 34:12], civil society included and the point of view of their users.

So again, I might just be picky by trying try to make sure that our PR message will not be a barrier with the other communities. We want this to be something that brings everyone together. My other comment on this was that looking at the three messages at the moment it's all about At-Large within ICANN and At-Large to ICANN – I wondered whether we could have one PR message that says At-Large provides information about ICANN to the rest of the world.

The outreach element is something that is so big in our community, and it's not mentioned in any of these three messages, so we might think about it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Tijani please?

---

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Eduardo. I think that the addition made by Wolf and Olivier to #2 will not give the same meaning as intended. When we say 'At-Large provides a broader view to ICANN' it is because At-Large is multistakeholder – attached to everything. So it can give a broad view to ICANN, this is the meaning. It's not that ICANN is the only one who gives a broader view, but At-Large has this quality of 'multi'.

We are coming from different perspectives and we can give a broader view because we're not only a contacted party, or only a technical community, or only a policy community, etc. That's why this message is important. If you add 'user-centered' it means that it will not give this broad meaning of what At-Large can give to ICANN. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Tijani. Any comments? Okay, there's a comment in the chat by Olivier that says, "Tijani, be careful of people who will tell you you are not multistakeholder because we are governments." Anyhow, what about #3? I will come back to the transcript of this meeting and try to put something together for everybody to look at with all the comments. What about #3 – 'At-Large strengthens ICANN as [a model gauge? 37:33] multistakeholder participation'?

There's a comment by Heidi that says, "We all saying the same thing – At-Large strengthens the multistakeholder within ICANN," which is another way of saying the same thing. I don't hear any abstain on using #3. Are there other messages that people believe we should include for a PR message? Olivier please?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. I will plagiarize an advertisement that was for a beer in the UK. It's: 'At-Large reaches the parts of the world that ICANN can't reach'. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Nice. Okay, I will pick that up from the transcript. Olivier, are you suggesting that we add a fourth message to the PR campaign? Are you still there? I think we lost him.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Eduardo. I put it in the chat: 'At-Large reaches the parts of the world that ICANN doesn't, or ICANN can't reach'.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, but my question is, are you suggesting that we add that as a fourth message within this list?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Eduardo. The reason is because the three current messages are inward-looking. We haven't got any message that is outward-looking. The PR messages are resonating well with us, but how does it resonate with people who are not part of ICANN? I think if I put myself in the shoes of someone who's not part of ICANN, the first PR message I would say, "Okay, fine, I know what At-Large is."

The second PR message, “A broader view to ICANN, okay, but that’s really something between At-Large and ICANN,” and three, “Strengthens ICANN as a model, that’s again something between At-Large and ICANN, so what does it do for me, and Internet user somewhere in the world?” I think that ‘reaching the parts’, or ‘important stakeholder’ or something like that is something that should be able to make me more interested in At-Large, if I was not interested in it. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. Any comments? There is another message by Heidi that maybe we want to say something about ‘At-Large [inaudible 40:50]: the voice of the end users to the world’. Isn’t that an outreach type message? Maybe. Let’s move on.

From what I’ve heard in the discussion I don’t think we’re going to reach some kind of real consensus on this, so let’s take this offline. I’ll pick up on some things we’ve talked upon and I will send a message to the group and we can discuss this offline to see if we can come up with something more specific for our next call. This PR message is important but it doesn’t have to be done by today or tomorrow. But we need to have this very clear.

We have another point in the same Item in the Agenda and we only have about 15 minutes left in the call. I want you to look at the ATLAS II goals, and this has to do with our goals and going forward with the Summit. This is for us on what we want to achieve by doing a Summit within At-Large. For example, achieve a better and powerful

representation of user interests at ICANN. Second, organize and empower Internet users, consumers or civil society to make their voices heard in ICANN, ICANN's PDP and so forth.

I don't want to go into each one now because we're going to end up going for two hours, but I want you to look at it. Let's take this offline and pick it up in our next call; if we can very clearly define what our roles are... The reason this is important is because at the end of this Summit we have to come back to these goals and say, "Hey, we met one," or, "We met two or three," and it will help us with our wide document we're putting out at the end of the Summit.

The fact that we can come back to this goal and say, "Yes, we met this goal and this is what we did, these are the results and Action Items," and so forth, this is why it's important that we agree on these goals. There can be five, there can be ten, there can be 20, whatever we decide. Again, these are ideas that came from Wolf a long time ago, and I think they were very good ideas that we had from that, to talk about.

In any case, I just wanted to move to the next AI, and these are those that are open that I just wanted to update for the ATLAS so we know where we are. Can staff put that page online? I'll put the link here. Thank you Carlos. We have put together these AIs and basically all the AIs that were related to ATLAS and that we've been talking about in Buenos Aires and in other meetings, I've consolidated them here with the purpose of keeping them in one place.

So what I want to do is... There are some AIs here that have not started, and I just wanted to know what the update on this is. For example, the AIs we opened up in November, in Buenos Aires, there was an AI for staff to create [penalties? 45:00] for all the ALSes that answered the Survey. Can anybody in staff update us on this please? Have they started?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think that's still underway but I'll follow up on that immediately.

EDUARDO DIAZ: It's already started or...?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'll have to check with Matt on where we are with that, so I'll double check and report back.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi, is this something that can be done by the end of the year, or do you have to talk to Matt to see if that can be done? Because I know you're going off for a couple of weeks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: IT will be doing that and they have a large team, so we can follow up and hopefully they should be able to do it by the end of the year. Again, for ICANN, working days are through Tuesday 24<sup>th</sup> so we have four days for that. That should be possible.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. On the last call there was an AI to follow up with the Meetings Team. I'm not sure what was meant there. Were we talking there about rooms?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Tijani might know more about that, but I believe that that's what that was. The Events Group did discuss that and I think Tijani is preparing a note to the meeting staff.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you. The next AI here is the [inaudible 46:45] theme that we've been discussing. I think we've already been over that and it's completed. Maybe strategy points, goals are not, so I'll leave that open for the time being. For Carlos Reyes there's an AI that's due at the end of January, to finalize the list of the ALSes.

I think that list is for... We have to comply with ICANN constituency travel, to send the final list for them to coordinate whatever they do there. Is that started, Carlos? Is Carlos on the call?

CARLOS REYES: Now that we have the ALSes that have completed the Survey, they've all provided information in the Survey on who will be attending, so I'm working with constituency travel on the best way to collect that information, and provide it to them.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Shall I mark this as completed or shall I leave it there?

CARLOS REYES: Well, the end of January deadline, January 31<sup>st</sup>, is our own internal deadline. Constituency travel needs it by February 14<sup>th</sup>, so that gives us a few days, about two weeks, to work on any last-minute issues or problems that may arise. But I think that once we have the new year upon us it'll be easier to move forward with everything.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you Carlos. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Eduardo. This list is not only for constituency travel to prepare the travel; this list is more useful for the [inaudible 48:50] of the UK Government. We need to make a comprehensive list with passport numbers, etc., all of their information, and we need to start making the arrangements with the UK Foreign Office to avoid any problems with visas.



So I want to emphasize and be insistent on this point, because if we have problems with visas for the Summit it would be a catastrophe. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: In fact, Tijani, that's Item #9. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Eduardo. On the point of the mailing list, what should the name of that mailing list be? I've suggested 'ATLAS II participants'. Is everyone in agreement with that?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, whatever makes sense. Let's do it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That basically goes along with a lot of... We do our mailing lists for the various GAs for the various RALOs, so that might continue the trend.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I see a few 'okay' checks in the chat, so I think that's fine. Let's do it that way. I have an AI here. I have it, I don't know how, but I have to make sure to incorporate global Internet governance issues as planning continues. I'm not sure, other than having probably some kind of discussion during the event about Internet governance issues, we should

do. I don't remember in what context this was given to me, so I'll find out and try to make sense out of that AI.

The next one, #4 – Wolf, one of the things that the Survey Group has to do as part of the outcome of that Group, is that fact that we need to come up with a survey form, and this needs to be worked out with Cheryl in the [outline? 51:25] Group and this feedback form is the form that is going to capture the feedback from all the participants from the Summit.

This form is very important – it's to design in a way that we will be able to measure or capture information regarding ATLAS II if we meet the goals or the meeting or not, or whatever other information we need. So I just need to talk to Cheryl and talk about this. Let me know when your group can start working on this form.

We need to have it some time before Singapore, or even before, so we can start discussing that feedback survey some time before Singapore or during Singapore. Wolf, do you have any comments on that?

WOLF LUDWIG:

To be honest I still don't really understand the proper purpose of this. Going back with other demands to our members, submitting them with another feedback form... A feedback form in my opinion makes sense to have the feedback form ready for the Summit and distribute them at the Summit to all the participants, asking them for their feedback at the Summit.

---

It should not be done beforehand; bothering them with another sort of post-survey: “We now want to know if you are satisfied with the program or with the outcomes we have taken from the survey,” etc. I would be very careful with bothering ALSes. Again, a feedback form for me only makes sense in the way I’ve said – having it ready at the Summit and trying to get as much feedback from the participants, but from the Summit itself.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Wolf. Maybe I wasn’t clear, but what you’ve said, having a form to hand out during the Summit is what I meant. I didn’t mean to have a post-survey, I meant to have it during the meeting.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay, so we can agree we need a feedback form for the Summit itself, and while I wouldn’t necessarily think this was a task of the Survey Sub-Group, if you want us to do it there are several such feedback forms available already, like the ones we have for EURODIG etc., and we can adapt something like that for the ATLAS II.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Wonderful. Wolf, the idea is that you work in collaboration with the [RIR Group? 53:00] and get something in there. That’s the idea here.

WOLF LUDWIG: Okay.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I just want something to start this discussion and then we can talk over developing the final one. Thank you. The next Item is #3, which relates to the room allocation. We can skip that I think. We've had that one about three times. Provide [inaudible 55:36] with a list of the rooms, again also... There is, in the logistics part, ask constituency travel about this application. I think this has to do with what Tijani said, and we can talk about that; about how we can somehow we can incorporate all of them into one.

Ensure that the list of approved travellers is sent to the Foreign Office. We've got that one. #10 in public relations – ensure that an ICANN staff PR Working Group for ATLAS is established with Duncan Burns. Heidi, is this done? I don't know... Heidi, you might be muted?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, could you repeat the question?

EDUARDO DIAZ: We're on Item #10. Do you have any problem here? It's at the end where it says public relations. You're supposed to ensure that the PR Working Group...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, yes. I have invited Duncan Burns to be part of this mailing list in this group. I haven't heard a response yet but I can follow up with him.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you. Also for you Heidi – ensure that the ATLAS II PR Sub-Working Group convenes and discusses prospective achievements and has a joint meeting with the ICANN staff’s PR Working Group. I guess that’s something that will happen sometime in the future?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Now that we’ve agreed the theme and we’re getting close to the PR messages, I think we can have another... Did you want to convene a PR Working Group joint meeting with this group so we can discuss the actual type of PR that you would like, based on the theme and PR messages?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I don’t think we’re ready for them yet, but we can send them some of the information that we’re thinking about, and get some kind of discussion going with them. I think that will help. But we don’t need this meeting yet. I don’t think we’re there yet. Thank you. So we’re out of time. Thank you so much for... Well, the next steps are... I’m moving to the final Agenda Item.

I suggest that we have this meeting again on January 9<sup>th</sup>. That’s a Thursday. Same time. I don’t hear any abstention so we can agree on that. One of the next steps is I’m going to try and put together a detailed timeline so we can look at all of the activities that I can think of, that will be necessary to accomplish to get this thing going, and the idea

with this timeline is to have a discussion and conversation, and collaborate and to get this thing going.

So if I don't hear any other comments I'd really like to thank you. Enjoy your time with your family during this time and all have a happy holiday. I will hear you or meet you somewhere else until January 9<sup>th</sup>. Thank you.

[Goodbyes]

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]