

---

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you Tijani. The recording is on. Do you wish for me to do the roll call?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes please.

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you Tijani. Welcome everyone to the ATLAS II Events Working Group call on Friday, 20<sup>th</sup> December 2013 at 1600 UTC. On today's call we have Tijani Ben Jemaa, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Roberto Gaetano, Allan Skuce, Eduardo Diaz, Baudouin Schombe and Dev Anand Teelucksingh. We have apologies from Jordi Iparraguirre, Wolf Ludwig and Sandra Hoferichter.

From staff we have Carlos Reyes, Heidi Ullrich, Susie Johnson and myself, Julia Charvolen. May I please remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much Julia. We will start our call. Have you looked at the Agenda? I want to see whether it's adopted or do we have any updates, any reviews to the Agenda that you want to make? Eduardo? Okay, it's okay. I don't see anyone opposing to the Agenda so we'll

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

proceed. The first Item on the Agenda will be the definition of the teams for the London Summit.

As you know, Julia, can you please load the first slide? As you know, Wolf Ludwig has sent the thematic priorities for the program planning. You have it on the screen now. It's a table. We have a lot of themes that Wolf selected and proposed to be addressed in plenaries, and for others to be addressed in groups and sessions. This is the first thing we'll do. We need to do it, because normally it's not only the work of this Sub-Group, but we have to start somewhere and we'll start here, and then we'll propose it to the whole group.

You have here the topics and first of all I'd like to raise a point – for our Summit, how many groups do we want to constitute? It's important because all will depend on this. Now we have no more than five rooms, so five groups. If you agree with five groups, or perhaps less, tell me. What do you think? We have the possibility, the rooms are okay. Eduardo is okay. Okay. I see... Yes please, Robert?

ROBERTO GAETANO:

One element is what we wish to have. I think five is a good number but I think we also need to take into account what we have in terms of availability of rooms. I don't really understand, from our previous calls, whether we had the possibility of flexibility? Anyway, this said, five groups I think is a good number.

More would be very difficult to manage. It will be also interesting to know whether this is a limit imposed by the organizational situation, or whether this can be changed, provided that we come up with the decision of adding the sixth group beforehand.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Roberto. After discussion with staff, and after a lot of their faults, we managed to have five simultaneous rooms. Since we only have those five rooms, I don't think we can have more than that for a number of groups. If I remember well, the first ATLAS we didn't have more, I think. It was more or less this number. We can't forget that for the first Summit we had a number of them.

We didn't have only the main hotel for the ICANN Meeting, we had a number of them. So all the parallelizations happened in the other hotel and we didn't have any problem with the staff organizing the ICANN meeting and the Summit at the same time. This is my first comment. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

One question I have is, Tijani, did we get the final okay from staff for the rooms? Secondly, if we have five rooms, I guess we have to select five themes, to do one per room?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, you are absolutely right. We didn't have the final okay for all the schedule, but what is sure is that we can't have more than five simultaneous rooms. We will have them only for two days. I think it's okay for the Summit – that's not a problem. The problem is to have five rooms at the same time. Any other questions? Wolf, you were more or less the engineer of the first Summit. How many groups were there?

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Tijani, Wolf is not on the call today. He is an apology.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Tijani, from my memory – if anybody who was there has a better memory then please correct me – I believe there were five issue groups, five Working Groups and then there were the five GAs. That's what my memory... That's what I recall.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: That's also what I recall.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so again we had five Working Groups, five issue groups, five RALOs. Keep in mind... May I comment on two issue? One is in terms of staff, for the first Summit keep in mind that there was an outside logistics company that was working with us, and there were three women, three people that were full-time helping with this. This time

---

we're not handling anyone from outside so it's basically the meeting staff and At-Large support, At-Large Policy Team.

So it's not going to be that extra help there. Just keep that in mind. Second point, in terms of timing, yes, we have the five breakout sessions Saturday and Sunday only, but during Monday through Wednesday you have the normal ALAC room. You can have one or two groups going in there. You really have most of Monday, if you wanted to have some time for meetings then.

Tuesday's constituency day, so that might be useful to keep that free. Then on Wednesday you have time again. Again, those might be used for the GAs but there still might be some time there for extra meetings. Thank you Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, okay, I understand very well. But Heidi, what I wanted to make our colleagues understand is that we cannot have more than five simultaneous rooms at any time during the Summit.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct, and that's only Saturday and Sunday.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, so it is clear. For the other days, as for a normal meeting, we will have other meetings. As you've seen on the schedule, I planned some other meetings and now we have other elements that we'll use to

update or review this planning. Now, let's concentrate on the themes. Now we are limited to five themes. From those themes proposed by Wolf... There is another question before.

As you have seen on this table, Wolf proposed that one, two, three, four, five, six, seven... And more, there's eight themes that be treated in plenary sessions. I really don't understand that. How does the Summit give output? It will be done by addressing themes and topics deeply so that we will come up with a statement on each theme. Then we'll compile them to make the general declaration.

Those are the outputs of the parallel sessions, but a main session or a plenary can be something for planning, can be something for example presenting, setting the theme, etc., but not for discussing a theme deeply. As you've seen, I programmed six breakout sessions, six by five – I mean each group will have six sessions to discuss their topic and come up with their final statement.

Because we'll need to discuss it during the Summit, for sure we'll prepare it before, but the real discussion will happen face-to-face. Is this the format you're imagining, or do you imagine it as Wolf said here on his table – that we'd also have plenary sessions to discuss specific themes? Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

I participated in the ATLAS I meeting. I wasn't involved in the coordination. We can have a main session to talk about things that have

---

to do with everyone, and then the specialized fringe there. I don't see why that can't be done. However, how many main sessions do we have, in terms of time? Do you remember, Tijani? For the two days?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

For the two days, if we concentrate on the breakout sessions, I don't see how we can be, at the same time, in the breakout sessions and in the plenaries. The plenaries will gather all the Summit participants. If there are plenaries they'll be on the other days. Second point, we don't have large rooms that can accommodate all the participants in the Summit, except on Saturday and Sunday and on Thursday morning.

Thursday morning is the wrap-up and approval of the general statement, declaration. This is the situation of the rooms. Tell me, what's your proposal, Eduardo? Eduardo?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Eduardo, you may be muted. Did you have a comment?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Me? Yes, I think I was having a comment. I was muted? Okay, sorry, I was talking to myself. I was looking at the Wiki and the only plenary session I've seen in the first proposal put out by Tijani is from 9:00 am until 11:00 am on Saturday. That's it. We're going to do a wrap-up session on Thursday.

---

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, on Thursday morning.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So I don't know what was set-up in Mexico, at the last Summit. I don't remember well but I think we met once.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I was in Mexico too and I don't remember that we discussed thematic things. I don't remember that we had a thematic plenary during Mexico. We had the first day, setting the scene etc., as it's planned now here, and we had other gatherings for everyone. It was in the framework of the ICANN meeting. It wasn't specific to the Summit. Perhaps I'm wrong. If someone else can remember that? Dev was there. Dev, can you remember? Dev?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I suggest, Tijani, that on Saturday morning from 9:00 until 11:00 am, and then there's a coffee break from 11:00 until 11:30, then there will be a breakdown session starting. This is just an idea, we could have a plenary session all the way until 1:00 pm, with the coffee break and lunch break, and all the breakdown sessions at 1400, on the Saturday.

It's just that it might be a good idea to talk in the plenary not only about the welcome and what's going to happen, but also about what's happening in Brazil and a little bit about the Internet governance thing and what's going on outside the ICANN thing, so everybody's on that



---

track. None of the other things incorporate anything about Internet governance. I think we should put something in there, and the plenary would be a good place to report on that. That's just an idea.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Yes, it's a great idea. Thank you. I proposed in the old schedule that we hold a planning session with the ALSes, but I put it in for Wednesday and unfortunately on Wednesday we don't have enough room. I put it like this because it was something we can put what we want in. I put here three and a half hours, so now I'm sure we can't use the room on Wednesday, so I'll modify it. I'll change it to perhaps Thursday morning?

But Thursday morning we have to do the wrap-up. Do you think that the wrap-up will be enough to have two hours for it? The wrap-up is also the approval of the final document. If you see the whole schedule, I put in a session for the reporters and the Chairs and moderators of the groups to discuss together the final statement of each group and try to harmonize them. I planned that for Tuesday, 16:00 - 19:00.

Then, when we come to Thursday morning, from 9:00 - 13:00 we can easily have the document almost ready and only make small modifications and approve it. So perhaps we will not need those four hours, and in this case we can use the two other hours to the plenary that we want to plan. But if you want it to be on Saturday or Sunday, I don't mind. We have to evaluate if it's enough to have less than six sessions for each group, to deeply discuss the... Roberto?

ROBERTO GAETANO:

First, just one thing – you were asking Dev for a comment. He is not on the phone line, so he put a comment in the chat. There was a main session throughout the first day that it was Saturday. My comment is, looking at the proposed schedule, I don't see any plenary sessions. I see a lot of breakdown sessions with coffee breaks. I don't know if I'm looking at the final actual Agenda.

What I was thinking – I don't know if we'll have the possibility of doing this – I saw at the IGF that it was sometimes useful to have every day a sort of plenary where the information from the different groups could be given in a plenary session, so that people are aware of what's going on in the other sessions. I don't know if this is logistically complicated, but it might be a useful thing.

I assume that a lot of people would love to be in different threads, but obviously they cannot attend everything. So to have, at some point in time, some kind of summary, that could be a useful thing.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Okay, thank you very much Roberto. This is something that was proposed by Heidi. She asked me to try to find a slot of time at the end of each day to gather all the participants to have the wrap-up of the day. So everyone in each group says what was discussed and what the level of completion of their work is. This can be done.

It will be done on Saturday and Sunday because they're the two days when the groups meet. This will be at the cost of one less session for each day. That means that we will have not six but four sessions for each group. I hear you very well. I think it's a good thing to do that. Thank you Roberto. Dev, you wanted to say something? I heard you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you Tijani. I see Heidi's found the program of the first Summit and it showed that yes, there was a main plenary session on the Saturday and then on the Sunday there was the previous Working Group sessions, which had a particular theme it was working on. Then on Tuesday I think there were the RALO assemblies and so forth.

My question goes back to – I apologize for probably asking a question that's maybe be answered and settled already – regarding the five rooms, is this one...? Is the main room, the main plenary room, included in those five? Or is it that the same one plenary room is then split up into more rooms? That was my question.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I will respond to your question. We have four small rooms for 15 or something like that, and then the main, big room. So there are five rooms. We have two rooms equipped with interpretation.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks for clarifying that. Well, the thing is, looking at the schedule, that previous sheet that Wolf did that showed the priorities, it was proposing several sessions that were main sessions and some of the other priorities could be handled as a specialized, smaller room session type of thing for those who are interested in that particular topic.

My question is, in your original schedule you have only from 9:00 - 11:00 and then the breakout sessions. Is it that we have to choose say two, or three, main session topics and then the specialized breakout room sessions? That's my question.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Dev. This was the first thing I wanted to address, and now since we have the program from the last Summit, we're sure that there wasn't a thematic main session. There were breakout sessions for the themes, the content, and there was the plenary of the first day, that was for setting the theme, etc., as we will do in our discussion schedule here.

So if we had an unlimited number of rooms we could do all of this, no problem, but we don't have such a number of rooms. We are limited in the rooms. If we use the breakout sessions we will not be able to use the main room because it's included in the five rooms. So this is the... We have a room capital that we have to manage. The main concern is that we are in the venue of the ICANN meeting.

Last time we had another venue for the Summit. We had the ICANN meeting in one hotel and the Summit in another hotel. This was the

difference between the Mexico and the London Summit. Even if we had another hotel in Mexico we didn't do a main or plenary thematic session. Eduardo please?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

I suggest then that we can look at Wolf's... What we have in front of us, and just try to come up with five themes for the breakout sessions, and maybe we can talk about one or two things that we can talk about in the plenaries. We could start from there. Then once we have some idea of what we're looking at then we can see how we can move those within the times and places that we have for that week. That's my suggestion going forward. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much Eduardo. We're now narrowing the differences. We started with very large differences, very diverse understanding, and now we're narrowing that so that perhaps we'll converge to something common that everyone agrees on. Perhaps, as you said, with the plenary sessions perhaps we can use the Saturday morning session for setting the scene and inviting people, etc. – the opening of the Summit.

Then at the end of this plenary session we can address one of the themes from the list. But I don't know what the aim of that is, because will it be included in our declaration? We try to address the most popular and most important themes so that they'll be included in our

declaration. If we make a very long declaration it won't be read by anyone. It must be something reasonable I think.

I think that we have to very carefully choose our themes for the groups, so that those groups will start from now discussing those themes, or to prepare the discussion by choosing the document, by discussing, more or less, the wider subject, so that they come to London to really discuss the main subject that we want to address and have a declaration on. This is the main, core, work of the Summit.

This will bring the statement of declaration, and the declaration is what we want to show to people. This is our work. This is the fruits of our work. If we take one of the main, plenary themes, we will discuss it in two hours among 160 people – what will be the result of that? This is my intervention. If we want to think about whether it's useful, whether it's something that will add value to the Summit, yes, we'll do it.

If not, I think we have to avoid it. So we have to think about it. I ask you to tell me if you find that we can make any added value from those plenary, thematic discussions? Don't forget, we don't have rooms available for that, except on Saturday, Sunday and Thursday morning. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

The third one... Other than a welcoming and opening, I think if we don't discuss... If we were to have discussion on what is going to happen, or has happened, in March in Brazil, it's important that we just report and

---

talk about it. I just thought we should let them know what's happening outside of ICANN.

This other thing about transparency and accountability and the future structure and governance of ICANN, all that can be put into one general theme and be talked about, so we can say, "This is what's happening outside of ICANN, where ICANN has been involved, and this is what is happening on the tracks of ICANN; transparency, accountability, structure and so forth. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Very good suggestion. It can be done. It will be an informative session so that people know what happens in Brazil and what the One Net initiative was, and what was first the Montevideo declaration and then the One Net initiative, and then the Brazil Summit, etc. So it will be an informative session. Don't forget, we will have one group that will address the future of Internet governance and the multistakeholder model.

This will be in informative session for all the ALSes and the core subject will be discussed inside of the group. The statement will come from the group and will be adopted by all the ALSes during Thursday's session. Does that respond to your concerns?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

You're saying that... I was taking that was as an example; the things that will happen in Brazil. You're suggesting that we do an informative thing

---

in the main session and then one of the breakout sessions will use that theme to work on that. Is that what you're saying?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, exactly.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. The other thing I want to add before I stop talking is that in the main session, other than the welcome of everybody, I think we should have a few minutes to tell everybody what processes and things will happen during the week and what the expectations are for each group and the people there. Then everybody will be on the same page.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly. I put a housekeeping point, but it's not only what I put there. It will be about what will happen, the room assignment, the groups etc., and also everything you just said that will be useful for the ALSes. Also, we'll make the ALSes present themselves. We will have a presentation of the ALSes during this session.

It will not be very long but it will be done. For sure, it will be better done during the showcase, and that's another thing. But for the first session I think that people who work together have to know each other, so there will be a short presentation of each one. Thank you Eduardo. Roberto please.



ROBERTO GAETANO:

I was wondering whether – thinking on what we said before – on whether there was a slight misunderstanding on what Wolf has proposed. Maybe we should figure that out with him better. When he says “main session” I don’t think he means the plenary. The plenary is marked as “all”. Maybe he was indicated the main session as the session that indicates the topic of the thread, whereas the other would be the follow-up sessions in the same thread. I would recommend that we clarify that by email with Wolf.

The second thing is just quick – we are expecting 150 ALSes. If we give one minute per ALS that is two and a half hours, so let’s make sure that we don’t have this presentation by every ALS. This means that half the day would be just on presentations by the ALSes. Then the third thing... In the beginning, in the opening, you mentioned the fact that we’re going to have the SO and AC Chairs on Saturday morning. Is that confirmed? Some of the people will not always arrive on Saturday, which means that on Friday evening they have to arrive. I think this is a very important thing, but we need to make sure that everybody is there.

I would also expect, in certain threads, to have contributions from the ICANN community. That’s also the reason why we have the ALAC Summit at the same time as the ICANN meeting. I remember at the time of the Mexico City, I was on the Board and I was inviting people to go to participate in the breakdown sessions in the Summit.

I think this will be valuable. When we make the plan for the breakdown sessions, I think that we should also try to include contributions from people in the community – especially when we talk of engagement in

ICANN. We need to be talking about participation in Working Groups and these kinds of things, to benefit from the contributions outside the ALAC and within the ICANN community. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much Roberto. I very much understand what you said, and especially the AC and SO Chairs that cannot come perhaps on Saturday. There is another opportunity to have them and have them speak for the community. It will be during the showcase. We may do a special arrangement during the showcase for the SO and AC Chairs to speak and take the floor for a few minutes.

It will be done on Monday evening and then everyone will be there. That would be better because we will not lose time during Saturday morning. We will need the Saturday minutes and hours. You spoke about the participation of other parts of the ICANN community. Yes, the participation is possible, it is needed, it is asked for in two forms.

The first form is when we are addressing a subject and we need input from one specialist – someone who is in charge of this matter. We can invite him to give us input. This is the first form. The second form – our Summit is open for everyone who wants to come and participate in the discussion – anyone in the ICANN community. We will make it public.

Anyone in the ICANN community, the staff and the Board, can all come and participate in our breakout sessions. Does that respond to your concern, Roberto? He must be muted. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Tijani. A couple of things. First, what part of the call are we in? Are we in Agenda Item #3 or #4?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: We are in #3 because we're still in the themes, but we cannot... They cannot be separated – they are linked. We are still in #3.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: There is some different between the two. One is to do with the actual structure of our workshops, etc., and the other one is to do with the themes themselves. I'd imagine that any workshops would be of a standard length so it doesn't really matter where they are and how they're located in the week, as long as they're of that standard length.

Several things – the first one is to do with having ALSes introduce themselves. I think you mentioned an AC Chair's introduction. I wasn't quite sure what you meant by that. I know that I've got an Action Item that I think was from the ALAC or from this group, to contact all of the AC and SO Chairs and invite them to come and speak to our At-Large structures. That will have to be put in the Agenda.

The other thing is, continuing on the theme of the London Summit, I thought we had determined what the theme was? We had a good brainstorm last time and we actually had a result for that, so I'm surprised to not see it on the screen. Then with regards to the actual...

If one can jump to the Summit program schedule in itself, I'm seeing the number of sessions you want to have in one day as five parallel sessions.

I think it's a breakdown... Seven parallel sessions, and there are five sessions for each. I have a feeling that this is way too ambitious, and the reason why I think that is that these are the first two days and you're going to wear the ALS representatives out altogether. Remember, they would have arrived the day before. You need to ease them into the program.

You can't just smack them with a full day, end-to-end, with parallel breakout sessions. So I'm a little concerned about this. You might wish to mix things. For example, on the Saturday or the Sunday, you give them only a one-hour lunch-break. I wondered whether a couple of hours' lunch-break would be a good thing, so as to give them a bit more time to breathe at lunch and get them to talk to each other in a more social element than just being in meeting rooms.

So, several ideas I've just set forward. There's also a lot of chatting going on on the Adobe Connect chat, so I suggest that you have a look at this. There was one thing with regards to the introductions. I think... Was it Roberto that said there are 150 of them, so even if they take one minute it will take 150 minutes to go through them. We can't have that. ISOC used to do something very similar, where it let the Chapters speak for one minute; telling people what they were doing, what projects they were doing.

---

After ten Chapters had spoken it continued going around the table and we ended up having two hours of people saying what they were doing back in their part of the world. I think that most people were just checking their emails and just not listening whatsoever. It gets very repetitive, so we have to think of something other than that.

I'd suggest that you get people to meet each other during the social events, perhaps herding them into finding a system using colors and numbers, things like that – having a system of buddies? Sandra Hoferichter is very good at this – getting people to have buddies in a group and then getting people to move from one group to another.

So you effectively break down the 160 delegates into a smaller set of people and then get them to jump from group to group. We still have to work this out. That's it. Thank you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you Olivier. First of all, I think that the showcase will be the perfect place for that, and even the introduction of the ALSes must happen there. I agree with Robert that it will be more than two hours to present each ALS, in one minute each. There is a confusion Olivier. What we discussed yesterday was the overarching theme. The overarching theme is always there. It will not be... Wolf said that we have to discuss the overarching themes.

I don't understand it like this. It is the... In the IGF the main theme is not discussed. You have the sub-themes that are discussed in workshops

and main sessions. But the main theme is the title of the event. This main theme is there – the overarching theme is there. It will be the one we discussed yesterday and that we approved. The other thing was the PR messages, for the communication.

Now we're discussing the thematic work of the Summit, and those are the themes that will be discussed; that will generate statements and the statement that will be compiled in one declaration – the declaration of the Summit. These are my remarks about what you said. Indeed, you are speaking about the other days and the other work of ALAC. Yes, I cannot put it in because I don't know what will be needed for the ALAC. We have to decide on it.

Yes, we will keep the constituency day. I will change it now. It is not like this. I will change it because I will put constituency day. We will not change it from Tuesday, we'll have it like it is and we'll try to make the ALAC work sessions happen in this day too. But all this has to be decided inside ALAC. It is not the Summit, it's ALAC work, and we need to have feedback from ALAC to put it in the schedule.

It's not an easy operation because nothing is very well known, and even with the logistics we're building on something that we still don't have the final, final decision on. But we have to advance, we have to work, we have to go ahead. This is why we're trying to narrow the differences. We're trying to make our views closer so we can work better on the next call and get a better result. As we're going ahead I think we'll have better and more precise information that we can use. In this case we'll have something that is workable, doable.

Any other comments please? Olivier, also, I have your comments in an email. They will be taken into consideration. I also asked Heidi about her concerns and she wrote to me. I have all of them. They will all be addressed. Now we have one main thing to think about, and that's the choice of the five themes that will be allocated to the five groups. We have a selection given by Wolf and we have to choose from them and it's something we have to do together.

It's not something that one person can do. It's an appreciation and it's very subjective. We have to be set on doing this work so that we get a final result that will be acceptable. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

We have ten minutes to do that. I suggest that we do it offline and you and Silvia can put something together for our next call – say the best and closest thing that we can propose, and then we can go from there?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Exactly. This call is, once again, to make our views closer. To try to find a common understanding. The problem is that at the beginning everyone was thinking about it differently. We have to know what the logistical limits are that will lead us, and we also need to know what activities the ALAC wants to hold during this Summit. I think that we will not do as many sessions as we normally do because we don't have time or the place to do so.

---

Also, we don't have to do anything at the price of our inter-constituency action, so the best way is to always have our meetings with the other constituencies and to try to have the main work done in a manner that can take into account the constraints of the Summit. Any other comments please? If we don't have any other comments I will perhaps stop here.

We are at the top of the hour. Thank you very much. This was very useful to me. Now we know, I will please ask everyone to try to choose the five themes. If we exchange, everyone will give his five themes and we'll try to find the intersection and at the end we'll get the ones that have the most support inside this group.

Then we'll propose it to the whole Organizing Committee and the whole Organizing Committee will propose it to the ALAC to approve it. So this is the beginning of the work now. Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Before we end the call can we set up our next call for this Sub-Group?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes. What do you think of two weeks from now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I suggest January 10<sup>th</sup> and the reason I suggest then is because on January 9<sup>th</sup> we have the Organizing Committee call.



TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Exactly. Okay, I agree, I think that's a good suggestion. So, January 10<sup>th</sup> is our next call. Between those two calls we have to work, and especially, please try to work on the themes. It's the thing that I cannot do alone. We have to do it all together.

I see a lot of green ticks for the date of the next call. If we all agree on that, thank you very much. I'm awaiting your proposals for the themes. I'll compile all of this and send you the result before the next call. I hope that next time we'll be better prepared to get a real result. Thank you very much and have a good night.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Tijani, I was going to suggest in order for us to make progress between now and the next call, which is at least three weeks from now – perhaps we could ask staff to set up a list of those subjects that we now have that are all listed here, and basically get ourselves to be able to put them in order?

This Sub-Set Working Group, this is our Working Group working on this – for us to choose which ones of those should go first and which ones are of most importance? Then we'll be able to reduce the overall list even further than what we have so far.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Oliver, if I have understood your proposal, you want us to rank those themes? Yes. This is what I'm asking each of you to do, and I will do the same.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: But we're doing it by email, or do you want to do it using a tool?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: By email. I am very happy with the Wiki but I'm sure a lot of us don't go to the Wikis.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I didn't say Wiki, I said a survey. That's a different thing. Not a Wiki.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, on the Wiki.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: No, not a Wiki, a survey. We just put together a quick survey with the list of those things cut and pasted into it, and ask the members of the Working Group to please rank the...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Ah, I understand. So you want us to ask staff to do this work? I'll give them this list that's here now and they...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's a short list. I'm just thinking... I just want to ask Heidi, because I know staff is going on holiday... Heidi, would there be some cycles to be able to do that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: When did you need that by? Just keep in mind please that staff and ICANN also will be closed for basically the next two weeks, so...

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. This is why I'm saying this needs to be done before the office closes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, Carlos... Basically we have two days for that. If Carlos can do that in that time...? Carlos, do you have time to do that?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Carlos?

CARLOS REYES: Yes, that's fine.

---

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. So you have the themes here on this table, displayed on the Adobe. If you don't have it I can send it to you by email?

CARLOS REYES: That would be helpful, just to know that I'm working off of what you're referring to.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay, I'll send it to you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That way, you can open that call and we can keep it open until January so that people in the holiday period will be able to, in their own time, go into that list and put it in the order that they want to, just so that we can start out next call having all the answers and being able to proceed forward, rather than revisiting the same question and nobody putting their first step forward. Let's try and crank this up.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Good idea.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That's all. Thank you Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Any other remarks? Otherwise I'll close this call. Thank you very much.  
Have a nice holiday. Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]