

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: We will now start this call of the LACRALO Organizing Committee on the 4th of November 2013. I would like to ask Julia to start with a roll call please.

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you Sylvia. Welcome everyone. On today's English channel we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond and Dev Anand Teelucksingh. On the Spanish channel we have Aida Noblia, Alberto Soto and Sylvia Herlein. We have apologies from Carlos Vera and Juan Manual Rojas. From Staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Susie Johnson and myself, Julia Charvolen.

Our interpreters today are Veronica and Sabrina. May I please remind everyone to please state their names before speaking for transcript purposes but also for the interpreter to identify the speaker on the other channel. Please also speak at a reasonable pace to allow accurate interpretation. Thank you and over to you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much. We will start working right now. I imagine you are very excited because you want to present the showcase and see the effort we've been making during this time, to receive all the ICANN communities in our showcase. Not long ago I read the email sent by Carlos Vera. He told us he was not going to be able to participate and because of his activities he won't be able to participate in Buenos Aires.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

So I'd like to state for the record our thanks to the Chair [manifest? 02:14] Committee, because he has been working a lot and he has participated in many meetings and calls. We regret the fact that he won't be able to participate in the meeting in Buenos Aires due to his new job.

Now, I'd like to start with the first Agenda Item. This is the booklet. I would like to acknowledge and thank Dev as he was the creator of this booklet. He sent me the template and I collected information from the Wiki. I chased some people for them to provide the minimum amount of information required, but what you see on the link, which is posted on the AC room, is what is a wonderful job; a wonderful task.

This is something that's very clear, very technical and basically Dev was the one that did the whole task. Regarding the cover, the first page, we have been exchanging some emails regarding what we could do. My idea is to write something on the three main languages that we have in LACRALO. That's Portuguese, Spanish and English. Some people provided a phrase. If you all agree I would like to hear your comments in this respect.

I also read an email from Aida indicating to place a picture of the Latin American region in green, which is our color as you all know, and to place that phrase. So I would like to hear your comments with regards to the front cover of the booklet. Alberto, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: According to what I have read, we were already agreed on that. So I don't know if it's the identification of LACRALO but the only thing we should define on that cover page would be to place the word "LACRALO" between the words "showcase" and "Buenos Aires". I don't know if Staff will be able to say something else or to place the image.

According to Silvia Vivanco's emails I understood they needed this very quickly so we need to finish with this.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto. Silvia is telling us that we have two days at maximum and together with Silvia Vivanco, I will be providing the translations in Spanish and Portuguese. I would like to ask Dev if he can help us with that picture of the map of the Latin American and Caribbean region to add that image? I see Silvia Vivanco raising her hand. Go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO: First of all, thank you very much Sylvia and Dev for all the information and thank you to all the ALSes that have completed the information. Thanks to you we can have a very interesting booklet with all the information, with a QR code so that everybody that has a smartphone can then see the application to read that QR code.

So it would be interesting to have that cover page between today and tomorrow. That would be wonderful. I'd like to send that information

as soon as possible to the Staff in Los Angeles for them to print that information, because we have many people traveling to Argentina next week. We're now at the last phases of work. So I would like to speed up somehow, but I'd like to have the booklet finished by tomorrow, if possible, so I can send it to the printing house.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Alberto, you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Silvia Vivanco, if you need my help I am here in Buenos Aires at your disposal. I am not usually here in Buenos Aires but due to this meeting I will be able to help you with anything that you need. That's all.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto. This is a show of how Argentinian people are, so they are available whenever you need them. All the Staff has the support of Alberto Soto so anything that you need you can ask him. Thank you very much Alberto. I'd like to ask Dev whether it's possible... The translation will be available tonight but I'd like to ask him regarding the image we've been talking about... I don't know if he has any idea or if we should only have the three phrases? Go ahead Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Well, we could try to find an image but I'm just wondering... The challenge would be to have such an image fit on a 5x8 booklet. The whole South American continent is a big continent and we have to include Central America and then the Caribbean, so that's going to be a big challenge. Let me see if I can find some images from our previous showcases and I'll post them in the chat. I'll do some research.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much. I think that for practical means what we can do right now is leave this issue of the picture of the Latin American and Caribbean region in the hands of Dev, and to let him decide what he can do. Dev will be the one deciding whether the image can be incorporated or not. Do you all agree with that? Alberto Soto agrees. Aida agrees as well.

So for practical purposes, since we have only two days to finish, between now and tomorrow Dev will do the research and it will be up to him to see if we can have the image or not. Right? Are there any other comments regarding the booklet or shall we go onto another topic? I see Alberto Soto is typing. Okay. As you may see, nic.ar has accepted to be our sponsor, contributing with \$400.

I sent an email with the samples of the keychain and I told them that instead of using the money for the keychains we will use the money for the catering. I sent that information to Silvia Vivanco, and together with Susie Johnson we are working to make this possible and to make the [11:03] \$400 possible.

I also asked them if they were willing to speak to the [lever? 11:14] speech in our showcase and they said that no, they weren't willing to do that. So we're only going to post the logo on the presentation of the showcase for people to know that they've collaborated with us. The same applies for Google. We are still waiting for them to confirm if they want to address the audience at the showcase.

According to what I saw in the program we have three minutes allotted for the sponsors so the time is already allotted for that. On the other hand we are waiting for Rodrigo de la Parra's reply. I'm still awaiting his reply regarding his contribution and in case he replies affirmatively, that money – since the show is already funded – will be destined for the catering. Perhaps for wine or empanadas or something else. Alberto, you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Regarding the discussions with Google I know that José was in charge of that. He was told that some recording was required but I don't know the status of that issue.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto. I understand that Susie Johnson and Silvia Vivanco are dealing with this regarding how Google will provide the money. Can you confirm that Silvia Vivanco?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes Sylvia. When it comes to Google, we can coordinate with them with whatever they require. The only thing we need is to know their requirements. I don't see José Arce connected but the only thing we have to do is coordinate details if Google has already expressed their willingness to participate.

Perhaps we need to take into account whether we're going to have any speaker from the government, because if that's the case, well, there is another [intern? 13:40] within Google for approval. So I confirmed, José, that we're not going to have anyone from the government invited. That was our main concern in this regard. But I don't know whether they need any type of letter or document. There would be no problem in issuing that document.

So what I need now from José is for him to send me what he needs to proceed with this.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Okay, thank you very much. I would suggest you take the first Action Item of this meeting, and this is to contact José urgently so as not to lose this \$500 that are necessary to us because we need them for the drinks. So please Silvia, this should be a new Action Item.

Okay, so we have that extra \$400 coming from nic.ar and we are still awaiting Rodrigo de la Parra's reply. We hope he replies affirmatively. Okay. Are there any other comments regarding the sponsors? Anything you'd like to say about this? Okay, so now I'd like to ask you about the

schedule... Let me see if I can find it on my computer... When you said “presentation or introduction of LACRALO ALSes” the idea was at that time to introduce all the ALSes.

There was the official presentation of the booklet, because in there we have all the ALSes included, and on the other hand the idea was to emphasize or focus on the ALS representative who will be present. So my question was, how would we do that? The idea is for Dev to be with me during the presentation of the booklet, and perhaps we can have a kind of participation by means of the audience to deliver the booklet at that time. I don't know what you think about this.

On the other hand – and please bear in mind that we have only five minutes available – I thought about creating a PowerPoint presentation with the representatives of the ALSes and the names of the ALSes, even with a page of the booklet and perhaps a picture of that person, so that that person can stand up and be applauded by the audience. What do you think about that?

I commit myself to request the information and to send an individual email to those that have confirmed their presence, so they can send me a photograph. Perhaps I can work on that. What do you think about this? I see Dev has posted a link from Costa Rica. Can you open the link? Alberto, you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, if we can do that within the five minutes allotted that would be fine, because even if it's a little time it's enough time, because we have enough time to work. I remember that in Costa Rica we had something similar. It was a five-minute PowerPoint presentation introducing all the ALSes. That would be one possibility. The other possibility would be to have the representative of each ALS, but I think this would be more than enough.

Okay, I think those five minutes would be enough.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto. I remember that in the LACRALO showcase the secretary would mention the representative and they stood up where they were and just stood up and then sat down. To me this wasn't very good because the people sitting behind them were not able to see their faces. That's why the idea of having a presentation, as Dev has posted, with a name and title together with a picture, that would help.

Or perhaps to mention the people and make them go to the front for everybody to see them. Of course this would require more than five minutes. Dev, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. I just posted some links to the speaking slides. One of the ways was to announce the ALSes present and their representative and

for that person to then stand up and be acknowledged with applause and then they sit down, because I would think that's the most time-efficient way to acknowledge everybody. To have persons come up to the front or walk from where they're sitting will take more than five minutes. That would be my only concern.

What could happen, if they want to have the presentation of the booklet, would be to have the persons lining up at the side like in a graduation ceremony. You have the persons standing up in a queue on the side there and as they're called they are presented with a booklet and for a quick photograph, that type of thing. Then they would walk away.

That could work but it requires a lot more coordination to make sure everybody is in the right order, etc., because you want that to work like clockwork with 20 seconds per ALS.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you very much Dev. To sum up your idea, it would be to have all the representatives near the atrium where we will be speaking and to give a kind of "diploma", together with a booklet, to the representative. Is that what you're saying Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Yes, it could be just a booklet and to shake hands with José, who'll be giving them to each of the ALSes. The concern on that would be that

that could take time if they're not organized. That would be my only concern. The alternative is that you just call their name, they are acknowledged by the crowd and then they sit down. That's the simplest and most efficient way. Those are my two realistic alternatives.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Dev. Alberto?

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, I can add to what Dev's said. Perhaps we can have the representatives gathered together, but as they're named we can have a row in the front, or a line in the front with the representatives. We can have them all together in the front. We speak about the ALSes and all of them are greeted all together and that would be very quick.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: I do agree with you because this is a way of giving relevance to the persons and everybody will be able to see the representatives. That's a good idea. Aida, go ahead.

AIDA NOBLIA: Yes, I agree with that idea because we do not have enough time, so if we could have all the representatives lined up together that would be a good idea. The other option is the one from the Costa Rica showcase,

which is also an interesting option, because we can have them all if we have the time. That's it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Aida. For me it's very important. Let's take into account that these people go to participate in our showcase and in ICANN, footing all the expenses by themselves, so they are self-funding. I think we won't have any problem and this will give a kind of motion to the presentation. Go ahead please Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Maybe I misinterpreted what was said by Alberto. When he said to allow the presentation of the ALSes, just to confirm, it's only going to be the name of the At-Large structure and the representative present and then that will be it? Because to have something saying what they do... That will take a long time, especially if there is about 20 ALSes present.

So it has to be the name of the At-Large structure, the representative, the person comes up, they shake hands and that's it? Okay. That's what I wanted to make sure.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Dev. Yes, you understood correctly. We are just going to mention the representative, give the person the booklet, shake hands with the person and that's it. They will all be standing in line. Maybe they will step forward when they are mentioned or named, or maybe we

can have somebody naming them and somebody else presenting them with the booklet and shaking hands with them. But that's it.

So to speak to the time allocated, to the ten seconds timeframe for each ALS, considering we will have 18 ALSes, I don't know if there are any comments at this point? Well, that doesn't mean that we could have a presentation along the line of what Dev shared in that PowerPoint link he posted. We could have them at the same time, simultaneously. Why not?

We could have the 18 ALSes included or showcased in a PowerPoint presentation and do that at the same time so that people can read the complete names of the ALSes, the names of the representatives, etc. I don't know if there are any comments about this? Alberto?

ALBERTO SOTO:

I suggest we should include all the ALSes in the PowerPoint presentation because some people are willing to attend but are unable to do so. The ones present will be named right there and then, but all the ALSes should be included in the PowerPoint presentation.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Yes, that would be feasible. Are there any other comments? So I believe then that we agree and we can do it this way. If there are no objections or other comments...? Well, Aida says that all the ALSes

should be included in the PowerPoint and so it will be. Let me see... I have the Agenda here on the right-hand side.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Excuse me for this interruption. So what would be the procedure for this part of the showcase?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Well, we are going to have a PowerPoint presentation including the names of all the ALSes representatives and we will present the booklet personally to the person or representative of each of the 18 ALSes that will be present. They will be standing in line, José will present them with a booklet and I will be naming them so that they can be easily identified in the room.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, so about the PowerPoint, whose Action Item is that?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: I will take care of that. Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I'm just doing the math here. If we allow for 30 seconds for each ALS and we're going to see all of them; all their names and representatives, that's going to be a problem because that's going to be 30 seconds times

40 ALSes. That's 20 minutes. I'm a little bit worried about actually seeing... Counting out every single At-Large structure, unless all of them were there. Ten seconds? Well... All right. Let's say 15 seconds then.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Only for the 18 ALSes that will be present Dev, only for them. The PowerPoint will include the 40 ALSes. The 40 ALSes will be showcased in the PowerPoint presentation and we will only name the 18 ALSes that will be present. So it's going to be 18 names and 18 handshakes. Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: What could happen then is that you have the speaking slides, saying the name of the At-Large structure and the representative, and then they come up to the front and then the rest could be... Are you saying that we put all of them on the last slide to say: "these are the At-Large structure in LACRALO that could not be here this time"? And then we just have them on the slide itself? We don't call their names and representatives? Or are you going to do a roll call repeating...?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: What I was thinking was the following: we could have the 40 ALSes in our region displayed or showcased in the PowerPoint presentation, and we can say that we have 18 ALSes present standing to my right, for instance, and we will present them with a booklet with information on our region, in which all the ALSes are included. This booklet is not only

going to be presented to the ALS representative; it will be presented to the public in general.

So what we can say is that we will first present the booklet to the 18 representatives present, but that we will also give it out to the public. And we can ask the audience to kindly pay attention or visualize or look at the 40 ALSes whose names will be displayed on the screen to my left. Something like that. Is it clear now Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Yeah.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Dev. Great. I don't know if I have overlooked any item? Are there are any outstanding items? Silvia Vivanco, can you please remind me?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm reviewing the different topics or items. Catering is under control now. We have information on the screen. We will have water, sodas, red wine, white wine and some empanadas. Then we will have a typical dance show that will be paid in cash, as requested. And we will have two shows – one at the beginning of the showcase with the dancers and then the dancers will perform at the end of the showcase.

Since they need a hard floor they will perform outside the meeting room. There is an area with a hard floor surface on which the dancers can dance tango. Susie, the Staff and myself will kindly escort everybody in and out of the room so that they can enjoy each section of the show.

Then we have to focus on sponsors. We already have nic.ar. Sylvia, you'll have to give me their logo and we need to finalize obtaining the funds from Google. I will focus on that with José Arce. With regards to the booklet, that is also under control. I'm looking forward to receiving the cover page with the colors, the map and the image. Dev and Sylvia should send me that.

The program is finalized and invitations are being taken care of. Just one more thing. I would like to request the following Alberto. I think you'll be in charge of bringing the keychains?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, I hope the money arrives on time for the keychains because the manufacturer needs the money to start working.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, I will work on that so that the payment is processed expediently. I will process that as an urgent request.

ALBERTO SOTO: This person needs between eight to ten days in order to start working and he needs full payment upfront. I will try to get him to start it. I don't think there will be any issues but I hope payment is not going to be delayed.

SILVIA VIVANCO: How many keychains did you order?

ALBERTO SOTO: 150. I have an invoice. It's the dancers' invoice. I have the original invoice and I have the three original forms that had to be filled out. I have all those with me.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you Alberto. As soon as you arrive please contact Susie Johnson and myself and deliver the original invoice and we will pay the dancers.

ALBERTO SOTO: When are you arriving?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm scheduled to arrive on the 14th but I believe Susie will be arriving two or three days before that. So I believe you can contact the Sheraton Hotel, maybe on Monday. I'll be arriving on the 14th, which is the

Thursday. But Susie should be there already in case of any doubt or you need to coordinate anything.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, fine, perfect. The dancers will be arriving one hour and a half before the scheduled starting time. This is what they usually do. They have a sound check and I'll take care of that as well.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. Those were all the pending or open Action Items. I will circulate the Action Items. I'll send them to the group so that we can finalize the final details to coordinate this event. That's all from my part.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Silvia. Thank you Alberto. I don't know if you have any comments or if we've overlooked any Items? Is there anything you'd like to say? I wanted to tell you that since the date is getting closer and closer and we have worked everything out, I don't know if it makes much sense for us to meet next Monday.

Eventually, if anything cropped up we could work it out on Skype or by email exchange. How do you feel about that? Okay, I see that some people are typing comments. Aida is thanking everybody in the team for their hard work. Dev says that he thinks everything seems to be in order, so I believe then that we're not going to meet again in this way – I

mean by holding a conference call. So this will be our last conference call.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

I want to thank you all for your commitment, for your enthusiasm and for supporting and helping us put together this showcase. We are very excited to see how happy and enthusiastic LACRALO Members are. We are very pleased to be able to see you in person once again in a few days in Buenos Aires. I'll be arriving on the 14th. Susie will be arriving on the 13th, so we will be there in person to help you with any final details.

So this is the last lap of this race towards the showcase. We thank you for your commitment with LACRALO and with ICANN in general.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you Silvia. I believe I am saying this on behalf of all the Team Members. We do this from the heart because we love our region and we want to thank you for your support, because we are working in conjunction and we are working very well. Please tell Fadi Chehadé about the strength of this region. We want to grow together with ICANN so that everybody is equally represented.

I don't know if anybody would like to make a final comment before bringing this call to a close? Alberto is thanking everybody. Olivier is typing "bravo". Thank you Olivier. Thank you for always being there listening to us. Please remember to pack something green. Remember

to wear the color green. We will be on touch on Skype or on our email exchange list. It's going to be a great pleasure to meet you all in person once again.

Thank you and let us keep working for LACRALO because LACRALO very well deserves it. Okay, goodbye then. Goodbye everyone.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Good call. It's a shoestring budget but it came out quite well.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I'm very surprised about the cost of the food and all that kind of stuff though, I mean... Wow. But it's come together well I think, so... At least I'm not so worried about this so much anymore. Okay.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Indeed. Thanks everyone.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: It's amazing how they keep up with the quick conversations.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I agree. Well good morning, good afternoon and good evening.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Take care.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]