

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Julia has informed me that all the members have joined the call. So I would like to welcome you to the LACRALO organizing committee call, on Monday October the 28th, and I will ask Julia to kindly proceed with the roll call.

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening everyone and welcome to the LACRALO Buenos Aries organizing committee meeting on Monday, 28th of October 2013 at 21 UTC. On the call today we have on the Spanish channel, Alberto Soto, Aida Noblia, Sylvia Herlein, Carlos Dioniso Aguirre, Juan Manuel Rojas, Raul Bauer.

On the English channel we have Oliver Crepin-Leblond and Dev Anand Teelucksingh. We have apologies from Carlos Vera. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Suzie Johnson, and myself Julia Charvolen. And our interpreters today are Veronica and Sabrina.

May I please remind all participants to please state their names before speaking for transcript purposes and also for the interpreters to identify the speakers on the other channel. And please also speak at a reasonable pace to allow accurate interpretation. Thank you and over to you Sylvia.

SYLVIA HERLEIN:

This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Julia. I would like to add that Marcelo Telez has sent his apologies. He sent an email to the group email list. So having said that, we can proceed with our agenda. There were several action items that Silvia Vivanco kindly circulated by way of reminder.

As you can see, in the Adobe Connect room, we can see a list of these action items. The first action item is something that Dev and myself had to take care of. We have been working on a template that we will be circulating among the ALSs so that they can include information they would like to be published in the brochure.

We have run into some difficulties with that, that's why we haven't sent these templates yet. We will be sending it after this meeting. However, since we are less than a month away from the meeting in Buenos Aires, and we need to collect all of this information, and send it out to the printers, well regardless of whether we send the template or not, we, the ALSs – or excuse me.

Dev and myself have decided that if ALSs do not send information, we will retrieve that information from the Wiki, that is the information they posted as part of the ALSs update contained which is now complete. So I don't know if there are any comments regarding this template that we will be circulating so to gather information to be published in our booklet.

Silvia Vivanco, you have the floor, go ahead please.

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Well, the idea was to have a printed booklet with basic information on the ALSs as well as their logo. Something along the lines of what AFRALO did in Africa. However, as you very well know, basically we are two to three weeks away from the event, and it's very difficult to find a printer that will finalize that soon. Maybe it will not possible to have this ready as soon as possible, and we will not have the time to send this out to the printers.

So we would be gathering information so as to have it ready, or readily available, for a later stage, probably after the meeting, or probably to prepare a virtual brochure, a booklet, with standardized information, very nice, very attractive, but it would be done virtually. That's my comment.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Silvia. Yes, in fact, I mean if we have the information from the Wiki, if we retrieve it from the Wiki, we can have these finalized in two to three days' time. However, to date, we don't have any official budget of a printers in Argentina. So this would be our first step.

If this could be printed out within a weeks' time, and can be delivered [?] if not, we will see. Dev, you have the floor, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand. Just a quick concern with Silvia from staff, is there absolute that line by which any sort of booklet or pamphlet could be printed? That's would be my question, and if so,

that would be that hard that line to try to see if we could get the information to, well, sent to staff for printing. So that's my first question.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Alberto you have the floor, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto speaking. Regardless of the time remaining, on the basis on personal experience and in terms of the gifts or souvenirs that we will be handing out, well we need to take into account the budget, sorry the vendor's budget, approval budget by the OC, and then referring that budget to staff.

Silvia, excuse me, before that. If we agree on that budget, we need to get the vendor's invoices. The vendor has to go through their bank to receive a wire transfer from the US, some information is required, then we have to send that information to staff. So in addition, we have some bureaucracy within ICANN in terms of getting that invoice paid.

And I believe that at this stage, if we follow this procedure, we are not going to meet the deadline. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Alberto. This is exactly what I wanted to consult with all of you. Do you think we still have time...? Do you think it is still worth trying to meet this deadline? Or as Silvia

Vivanco said, we will retrieve and gather this information, prepare a virtual booklet and leave this other booklet for a later stage, because Alberto has gone through this experience in terms of, as far as the souvenirs are concerned.

Dev, I don't know if you would like to take the floor. Okay, no that hand was up from behind.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. If I may? Silvia Vivanco speaking. I have just received some news from Haley. If we have the information, the complete information and well-presented and prepared by November the 8th, then this is doable because LACRALO wouldn't have to find a printer.

Our printing department will take care of, or would take care of that directly with the printers. So we have this deadline that is November the 8th, and this is a definite, conclusive deadline, in order to have all these complete information.

SYLVIA HERLEIN:

This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Silvia. This is great news. I think that no doubt Dev and myself would be able to retrieve information from the Wiki, and new material or new information submitted other ALSs by November the 8th. Once we send the template that we will be sending out today with Dev, I believe that November 8th is really great.

Is there any comment at this stage regarding these deadlines? Carlos go ahead please, you have the floor.

CARLOS DIONISO AGUIRRE: This is Carlos Aguirre for the record. I believe this is a very good idea, so the template has to reach the ALSs as soon as possible to get this going to and to meet these proposed deadlines.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Carlos. So we have Carlos Aguirre's vote in favor of this booklet. If you can please let me know if you agree on this. Juan Manuel is saying yes, let's do it. He is typing that. And Alberto, we will be taking care of this today and if we receive no answer from some ALSs, we will retrieve the information from the Wiki.

So I see that Carlos, Dev, and Juan Manuel have agreed with this proposal. This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. And I agree with this proposal as well. And if ICANN's printing department can take of this, then we avoid that hurdle regarding the invoice. Excellent. We will be sending out the template today, and with Dev we will prepare the booklet. Great.

Okay I am now checking other action items. Silvia Vivanco has taken care of the next action item. Have you got any comments?

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Yes, I have drafted the letter. I have sent that to Alberto Soto. It includes a brief, a summary of the showcase so that's to be sent to Google.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Alberto Soto, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. I received that letter, I sent it to Google. The contact in Google said they would address that internally within the company. I received no reply to date. I thought I would before this meeting. I sent you another email before this meeting, and to date I have received no reply.

I did not ask for an extraordinary amount of money. I just requested 500 US dollars.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Well, 500 is 500. It's always welcome.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. If they do give us the 500...

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. Yes, Alberto, you're right. You're right, that's true. Regarding the sponsors, I have sent several emails and today,

happily, I received Rodrigo de la Para reply. The very first reply, he hasn't indicated the amount, but he said he would be very happy to help us, and he will contact finance.

So I believe we will have funding from our regional VP. So let us hope we will have that funding provided by Rodrigo de la Para. Also, you must have seen that I sent an email to the LACRALO list on two occasions requesting a donation of 25 US dollars. And I have six ALSs that have replied affirmatively.

They agreed to donate 25 US dollars and one ALS has volunteered 50 US dollars. So I would like to ask you, members of the committee, if we obtain 500 US dollars from Google and 500 or a little bit more from Rodrigo de la Para, are we going to use these donations?

A second question, if we want to use these donations, how are we going to receive this money because some of the people that volunteered funds will not be attending the meeting in Buenos Aries, so they would use PayPal or Western Union, who would be receiving this money? I did not attend the meeting in which this idea came up.

So is there any clear idea of how to implement this? This is Silvia Herlein speaking. So these are my two questions in a nutshell. If we get extra funding from Google or from Rodrigo de la Para. Are we going to accept these donations from the ALSs? If so, how are we going to receive the money? Dev, you have the floor, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thank you very much. This is Dev speaking. To answer the first question, I must say very good news to hear from Google and well, Rodrigo de la Para, if the offers of money of sponsorship comes through. So if the money is definitely coming from Google and the ICANN regional VP sponsor, then great, and then we don't need to collect the money from At Large structures.

So that would be the answer to the first question. With regards to the second question, I was thinking that the way it would work is that the persons actually coming to the meeting would be the ones willing to offer funds for the showcase. And then that will be cash donations in whatever domination is suitable. That is how I was thinking of that, how the collection of funds could work. But again, if Google and Rodrigo de Para are contributing, are being sponsored for the showcase, then there is no need to collect from the At Large structures. Or to, that's it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Dev. Carlos Aguirre, you have the floor, so go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISO AGUIRRE: This is Carlos Aguirre speaking. Of course, I agree with Dev. If we receive this money, we have a showcase, we will have a great showcase with all the bells and whistles. We do not need donations from the ALSs. I think that ALSs need to use that money, or to allocate it to their daily activities.

So if we receive this funding then we should thank the ALSs but do not use their money because it is not necessary. This is my viewpoint.

SYLVIA HERLEIN:

This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Carlos. I would like to say that, please bear with me because I'm looking up the email, looking for the emails. I also requested \$500 of Carlos [?] from NIC AR, and he said that he needed some days to consult. So maybe we would have another 500. So Carlos Aguirre said we can even have fireworks, we'll have a LACRALO show.

So that would be interesting. And Silvia is displaying the very high budget penned by the Sheraton so we need several 500 US dollars donations. I have also requested funds from Google. We know that there is bureaucracy involved in these procedures, let us hope that we do not need to use the money contributed by the ALSs. Silvia Vivanco, go ahead please.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. I have posted the budget on the Wiki, sorry, on the AC chat room so that we know what we have and what we don't. Okay. We have 400 US dollars for catering that will cover 60 people, 40 bottles of beer, sorry, beer glasses, 10 bottles of wine. So that would cover 50 glasses of wine.

This is what we have to date. So if we received more money, we should allocate that money to some snacks because so far, we only have drinks. But this is not that bad because at least we have enough drinks for 60

people, I think, this is quite a sufficient amount of beer and wine. I think we do have enough. So you can see what we have already covered in terms of the budget posted in the AC chat room.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Is there any further comments regarding donations? Carlos, go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISO AGUIRRE: This is Carlos Aguirre speaking. Thank you Sylvia. This is a rip off. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Okay. Your comment has been noted. Silvia Vivanco asked whether we could only pay for he drinks and buy the food elsewhere, but that is not allowed. So we have to accept the budget for the drinks and then see if we can manage to get some snacks.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. I also... Okay. Maybe I had the chance of getting beverages from a company, maybe we could get a sponsor buying the drinks, but this is not allowed. Not even if we pay a third party vendor or not even if we can prove that the drinks will be or would be donated.

On a separate note, the people that are manufacturing or making the key rings, will have plenty of work to do and this work takes some time.

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Regarding payment, I am working with Suzy Johnson who is now on the call. She is on the English channel. We have been coordinating this payment with finance. I believe that the payment may be ready at any time now, but maybe we can exchange emails to see the details with Suzy and I will take this as an action item.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you [?]

RAUL BAUER: This is Raul Bauer. So I'm not going to be in favor of the Sheraton Hotel, but I would like to share with you that I work quite a lot with the hotels, so I'm not surprised at seeing this, this rip off, if you will from the Sheraton hotel.

This is not something special [?], this is part of their policy. I think that I mentioned that before when someone started talking about this. So they don't even allow to take away the remaining food, for example. So I would like to make clear the fact that they're not [?] that this is part of their policy.

SYLVIA HERELIN: Sylvia Herelin speaking. Thank you very much Raul for your remarks. So I think I will have enough wine, because we like wine in this group.

RAUL BAUER: Raul Bauer speaking. Yes we have to drink all the wine because otherwise we can't take it away.

SYLVIA HERELIN: Sylvia Herelin speaking. Okay thank you very much. So I have good news to tell you about the speakers. Carlton has confirmed his presence. He said that it would be an honor for him to participate on the showcase, and I'm still waiting the reply from Nathalie, but I think that this is because she is returning from a trip.

So we still need to confirm the second speaker but I'm sure Nathalie will reply in a positive way. And now I will have to speak about the master of ceremony. I don't know if there is any comment, we have all the comments posted on the list, and suggestions, and you all know my standpoint.

I mean, we have all spoken out. So I think that today, now, is the moment to decide who the MC will be. And before that, before addressing that issue, and regarding this issue, we have decided – we have received a request from [?] requesting to speak, or to address the audience for three minutes, and she also asks us in turn to these [?] people, or working group working with Rodrigo de la Para, we have Dev also working on that working group, and [?].

On Monday after the welcoming ceremony, they will have a 90 meeting, and they offered us five minutes for someone from LACRALO to go and speak about the night's showcase, and invite people to participate at this event. And of course, these are people from Latin America and the Caribbean region.

And in turn, she asks us to have five minutes in our LACRALO showcase, for them to be able to speak about their activities that are being carried out in the LAC strategy committee. So I think we need to incorporate to the schedule that we have five minutes for [?]. Is there any comment? Juan Manuel, go ahead please.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Juan Manuel Rojas speaking. Can you hear me? This is Juan Manuel Rojas speaking. I hope you can hear me well.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Go ahead Juan Manuel please.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Juan Manuel Rojas speaking. Well regarding your comment about [?], well I must say that I do not agree with that because we're not having plenty of time for the other speakers, and if this is case, I think we need to give up plenty of room to other speakers. So I think it is positive to use that space to use the time they're offering us to promote our event, but I think that we have little time in our agenda. So that's it, thank you very much.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. I would like to hear other comments regarding this option.

CARLOS DIONISO AGUIRRE: This is Carlos Aguirre speaking. Thank you very much Sylvia. I must say that I do agree with Juan Manuel, I totally agree with him. I think we have already defined the issue of having some many speakers in this current showcase [?]. It really is a miracle to have such an event with so many speakers.

So this is something that caught my attention in fact, but I do not agree and I support Juan Manuel's opinion. Thank you very much. Okay, Dev, you have the floor, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand speaking. I think I'm going to agree with Juan and Carlos that, I think an additional speaker to talk about the LACRALO event and so forth, what I think it will also add more time to the showcase. And keep it mind, but I should say but keep in mind that regarding that if the sponsors come true, Google, NIC dot AR, and Rodrigo de la Para come in, then we'll have to allocate speaking time to them because they are sponsors.

So I would say that if Rodrigo is going to be a sponsor as part of ICANN's regional VP, then he can say a few words regarding the whole LACRALO strategy plan and so forth without having a separate speaking time allotted to that. Because... And also, this is not to say that we should

not promote the Latin American events and Caribbean events happening at the Buenos Aires meeting.

Perhaps in the closing remarks, a mention can be made of this, that this event is happening is happening at this time, on this time, and so forth, during the closing remarks. So that's my comment.

SYLVIA HERLEIN:

This is Sylvia Herlein. Thank you very much Dev. Now I would like to read a comment from Roberto Soto. He says that if Rodrigo is asking that, okay I do agree, but if not I won't agree. And I would like to say that Dev is right. If Rodrigo de la Para is going to be a sponsor, of course we should give him some minutes to address the audience.

And I would also like to say [?], in fact Rodrigo did ask for that formally, it was [?] but on behalf of the whole LAC strategy committee. So I think that perhaps they have discussed that internally, and that was the speakers of the group. But of course, I must say that I do agree with Carlos, Juan, and Dev, that we cannot have more speakers on our event.

So perhaps the decision to make is that if Rodrigo helps us with the showcase or not, then we will see. Is there any other comment? We can define this issue as follows: if Rodrigo contributes to the showcase, we will allot him five minutes to be [?] presiding over, if that is the question. Do you agree with that?

And I am not receiving any comment. I see Carlos typing if we have contribution from Rodrigo, it would be good for him to have comments

regarding the LAC space. Okay Carlos, I agree with you. Any other comment? Raul Bauer says he agrees.

Alberto also agrees. Dev? I think he is typing. Juan Manuel says he agrees and Aida as well. And Dev of course because he was the one who mentioned the idea. Okay. Now I would like to ask to Dev, regarding his fantastic offering, I mean typical dinner, this was the offering by Raul Bauer.

He mentioned a dinner, a [typical] dinner. This was for only 20 people. And I don't know if Dev, if you have the confirmation of how many representatives, ALS representatives will be attending the Buenos Aries meeting. Dev you have the floor, go ahead.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev speaking. According to this poll, 18 ALSs, let me just pull up the information, sorry. Yes, sorry, 18 ALSs responded yes, and one no. I don't repeat the entire list, but what I will do, I'll post the list of the summary of the who said yes, and who said maybe, and who said no. I'll do that immediately after the call.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Thank you very much Dev. Okay, 18 ALSs, that's a good number. Raul, go ahead please, you have the floor.

RAUL BAUER: This is Raul Bauer speaking. For us that would be a pleasure, but I would like to shed some light, and I am not apologizing beforehand, but

I won't be available, I won't be in Buenos Aries during the next week. So, I apologize, I won't be attending the conference but this is already confirmed. I will be in Buenos Aries on Monday, but this time – this other time I might not attend to this, I confirm this event. And then I will give the instructions to get to the place.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you very much Raul. Roberto you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Since we're reaching 20 attendees, I am in Buenos Aries, I reside in Buenos Aries, so I have barbeque outside very frequently, so if there is any extra or if we need extra place for any other ALS, okay, I can give up my position or place.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: This is Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you very much Carlos, but we won't accept that. We enjoy your company and want you to be with us.

RAUL BAUER: This is Raul Bauer speaking. So if that won't be necessary, you know the problem is not the lack of food, but lack of space, lack of room. And that's why it's important to take into account the amount of people and capacity of the place. So, I think that it would be good that local people give up their seat for the new ones.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you Raul. Thank you very much Carlos.

CARLOS DIONISO AGUIRRE: Thank you very much Sylvia. This is Carlos Aguirre speaking. I give up my seat if you want.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein speaking. Thank you very much Carlos. Now we are dealing with item seven, so is there any other comments that you would like to make?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Sylvia, this is Silvia Vivanco. If I may, I would like to say that I am coordinating with the ICANN staff to see the place where the dancers will dance. We have think that the most adequate room will be outside the meeting room, where there is a kind of hall, with hard floor because a hard floor was needed.

So I am coordinating that probably with Alberto Soto because he is the liaison with the dancers and the ICANN just to see and make sure that they will have the appliqué floor and the provided equipment and the changing room for the dancers to change their clothes. So I am coordinating all of that those details with Julia Johnson and Carlos Aguirre.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much. This is Alberto Soto for the record. The other issue regarding the dancers was the invoice. If this is already approved, I think we need to request the invoice so as to present statement. The same thing would apply for the key chain provider, vendor.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking. Yes, Alberto, we need to start with the procedure as we did for the [?] vendors.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto again. Silvia, let's see if I can do that. I will take the some of the same forms that you sent to me, and I will notify that information according to the information sent by the vendor, and that I will forward that information to you. Is that alright for you?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking. Yes that's perfect. Thank you very much.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto speaking. Okay thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN: Sylvia Herlein. So Alberto Soto is also proposing to address the question of the issue of the sponsors proposed... Are you referring to the [?] proposal? We haven't contacted her yet, but I think I can do that now, today. And I hope we can have that with her. Is there any other comments?

I think we will meet again next Monday at the same time. Okay. Thank you very much Carlos for your comments. You know that something difficult is here, but we will do it all the same. So if there are no further comments, let's keep in touch by email. And we promise, today we will send the template for – to gather the information for the ALSs, that information will be included on the booklet, and those ALSs must reply to that template to give that information or their information will be obtained from the Wiki page.

Okay. Thank you very much to you all. Thank you for your participation and let's keep in touch. I'm sorry, before leaving, please do not forget to put on your [?] green, that is for Monday night because I would like to have all the attendees dressed in green or wearing something green. It could also be a [?] if you want.

So thank you very much and let's keep in touch.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]