
JULIA CHARVOLEN: Welcome everyone to the LACRALO Buenos Aires Organizing Committee on Monday, the 21st of October, 2013 at 21:00 UTC. On the call today we have, on the Spanish channel Raul Bauer, Alberto Soto, Aida Noblia, Carlos Vera, Juan Manuel Rojas, Carlos Dionisio Aguirre, and Marcelo Telez. On the English Channel, we have Dev Anand Teelucksingh. We have apologies from Olivier Crépin-Leblond and Leon Sanchez. And from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Susie Johnson, and myself Julia Charvolen. Our interpreters today are Veronica and Sabrina. May I please also remind all participants to please say their names before speaking for transcript purposes, but also for the interpreters to identify the speaker on the other channel. Thank you and over to you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much. Thanks to interpreters and to the staff for this call. The second item on the agenda is a review of action items. I think that one of the main action items was to send the template by Silvia but Silvia unfortunately is not on the call. I don't know if there are any other action items pending. Otherwise, we can continue with the items on this agenda. Is there any other action items pending?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Alberto, if I may.

ALBERTO SOTO:: Go ahead Sylvia.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I would like to say that Sylvia Leite, Herlein Leite was preparing, together with Dev, a template to be able to present. to show all the information of the ALS. This is part of the showcase. That is to say the presentation of the ALS. And I don't know perhaps if Dev, if I can ask Dev to give us a brief explanation regarding this template, this format that was already [inaudible] in the past because I know this is the template that Silvia and Dev were talking about.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. I'm not in the AC Room so I could say something to this. And I hope I'm coming through clearly. This is Dev. Can I go ahead?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes, you're clear. I think they're just interpreting that still Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I missed that. Sorry I'm on mobile. I'm sorry. I just can't seem to...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yeah. I think they're still interpreting to hang on.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes Dev. Go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking. Apologies. I'm traveling on the road. Yes, myself and Silvia are working on the template to show the ALS information. It's going to be based a lot on what is already existing on the ICANN, on the LACRALO Wiki. So if you haven't updated the information there, please do so, you know, very soon. And it will be – you think some of the information, because we have already collected such information for previous showcases, like in Columbia, for the LACRALO showcase in Columbia, we are thinking now that we may use the information that was collected there, in addition to what's on the LACRALO Wiki.

I'll probably post to the list after this call, probably tomorrow at the latest. There is the template itself so you can see it. But I'm sure it's just the name of the At-Large Structure, the website – the At-Large Structure's website – short description, and short description of activity, and possibly a photo. But we're not too sure about the photo because, given the size of the booklet. That's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Dev. A question, Dev. As you were saying before, this template, because it is template, we would have to send this template to all these ALSs or to the ALS regarding, or regardless they have the information updated or not. Then if they send the template or not, well that would be up to the ALS. But I would like to know if it is a long template, if it is complicated, and when we should request, or when the deadline should be for the ALSs to fill-in this template. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thank you. Thanks Alberto. The answer will be it has to be a very simple template. Name, just the name of the At-Large structure, the At-Large structure website, a short description no more than say two paragraphs, and maybe one additional paragraph for the ALS activity. Okay? And that's it. Thinking of whether to include a photo or not, but given the size of the booklet, it may not be possible.

But those are only the four things: name of the structure, website, short description, and description of activities of the At-Large structure. And a lot of this information is already collected from previous meetings, and whatever has also been updated on the LACRALO Wiki, because that was what was asked for ALSs for the longest while to update that LACRALO Wiki for, to include this information. That's it.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much, Dev. Perfect. So, I would like – I would ask the secretary to send this information to all the ALSs. Now, in terms of the action items, the staff has typed or has posted, sorry, the different options we have for the budget and estimates. The key holders are already requested. The cost is \$281. We have two options regarding beverages. One option or the cost of one of the option is \$509. And the second option, Option B, is \$594.

The first option includes, and here, as a matter of tradition, there is a performance at the beginning of the show, and then a performance at the end. And this makes the performers to be one hour and a half waiting to proceed with the second performance, so that's why the cost

is higher. So in the first part, they propose a traditional Argentinean dance, and then a tango performance at the end. The second option – the second option the order is inverted. First we will have tango dancers. And the second part would be for folkloric dancers. These are again traditional dances but they will use boleadoras. Perhaps you have seen this show.

I sent a link. And this is a better show because they invert the order and the end of the performance would be more important. The first option would cost \$1,590 and the second option amounts to \$1,675 approximately. So I think that we can now discuss, or we should in fact discuss which option we will take. Either option A with its traditional folkloric dance plus tango dance, or the tango performance plus the [spectacular], to put it somehow, folkloric dance. So, I would like to know your comments about this.

CARLOS VERA: This is Carlos Vera speaking. I don't know if you can hear me now.

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes Carlos, so go ahead please.

CARLOS VERA: The first option will include the boleadoras performance?

ALBERTO SOTO: I have to go to the Sheraton Hotel and confirm that information. The problem would be a floor and then I have to ask the Sheraton Hotel

about the floor, and then go back to them and let them know the type of floor they have.

CARLOS VERA: Okay, thank you very much Alberto. That was my question. Raul, you have your hand up. Please go ahead.

ALBERTO SOTO: Raul, you have the floor. Go ahead please. Alberto Soto, Raul Bauer cannot hear us. Carlos Aguirre you have the floor.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Can you hear me? So, taking into account the estimates that we have, I think that a difference of \$100 is not a significant, significant amount. So I think that if that we get the necessary sponsors it would be good to have the performance, or the option, considering the performance with boleadoras. So, from my point of view, I think that the second budget or estimate would be better, taking into account the nature of the show. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: I see that Raul has touched something. He is suggesting to wait for the negotiations or discussions with the sponsors. Is there any suggestion? Okay, there is no other comment so I think...hello? Is there any other comment? Carlos is saying that he agree with Raul. Okay, Carlos.

The thing is this. In either case, we have a deficit. Either in option A or B, we have a deficit. That is to say to find sponsors will not change our

position because if we get the sponsors, we can have the option B. I can say "Okay, we can wait" but I would suggest taking into account option B. Then if we do not find the necessary sponsors, then we won't have any show, not either the option A or B, right? So I hear your comments now. Is there any comment? Carlos, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

[CARLOS VERA]: I totally agree with you. It's reasonable what you are saying. Go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Any other comment? Then, if we do not have sponsors then we won't have either option A or B for this show. So, we will take option B if we find the sponsors. That's my proposal. Please let me know your opinions about this.

CARLOS VERA: I agree with your proposal Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, thank you. Now let's discuss item... I see Carlos with his hand up. Carlos, is there anything that you would like to say? Carlos Aguirre? Raul Bauer you have the floor.

RAUL BAUER: I agree with your proposal, Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Okay, thank you very much. Then if there are no further comments, let's proceed with item number three, possible sponsors. As far as I know, and I would think according to what I was able to find NIC, I couldn't contact anyone from NIC Argentina. I am not in Buenos Aires right now so I tried to contact them by phone but they did not reply. Anyway, I managed them to have my name and telephone number, but nobody phoned me back.

Today, I tried again, but it was the same reply. When it comes to LACNIC, I contact Andres Piazaa and he told me that he was going to propose that to Raul Echeverria. I am still waiting for his reply. When it comes to Google Argentina, well they asked me for a brief summary – and I was discussing this with Silvia – a brief summary in English regarding the proposal and the reason for the showcase.

So I will send that to my contact in the Boards of Elector of Google and they will provide a sponsorship of \$500. I was not able to contact anybody else, so I don't know if Silvia has the latest. Well she's not here to let us know, but she has contacted many people but we have no news about that. Perhaps Silvia Vivanco could give us some updates.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Well first of all, thank you very much for all the things you have done for the showcase and of course, to all the participants. I know that Sylvia Herlein has been contacting people but I don't know the type of answer or reply she got. Now if you're going to send something to Google, who are you going to contact there?

ALBERTO SOTO: Pedro Less Andrade is the contact. Pedro is traveling around Latin America. He is a friend of mine and he will try to do his best to help us.

SILVIA VIVANCO: What is the amount we are requesting?

ALBERTO SOTO: I asked with him and talked to him, and it is \$500.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Well then what you need is a letter describing the showcase.

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, but it should be something very, very brief. The showcase and the reason for the showcase, that's all.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, very well, Alberto. I will send that information as soon as possible. And let me ask something. Apart from this procedure, is there any other contact with any other sponsor? Do we have any other possible sponsor or is that all?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is all on my part. This is all I could do.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you very much Alberto.

CARLOS VERA: Somebody mentioned Sebastian Bellagamba and Tony Harris. Have you got any news about that?

ALBERTO SOTO: I did and Aida Noblia as well. Sebastian Bellagamba replied to me that his organization does not cover or sponsor internal ICANN events. So Aida Noblia, could you please let us know if you got any reply from Sebastian?

AIDA NOBLIA: Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, go ahead please.

AIDA NOBLIA: Well, I sent an e-mail to him and he replied exactly the same, that unfortunately that they were not able to fund any event. So I don't have any other contact to resort to. Up to now this is all the information I've got, unfortunately. This is all I have to say. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Aida. Any other comments?

RAUL BAUER: I talked to Tony Harris and he told me that he was not able to help us this year because they have a very short, a limited budget and that they are not able to help us this year.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, thank you very much Raul. Aida, Aida you have your hand up. Is there any comment that you would like to make?

AIDA NOBLIA: No, it was from my previous intervention.

ALBERTO SOTO: Silvia, any comment? Go ahead please Carlos Vera.

CARLOS VERA: May I suggest that we can have ten ALSs so that we can propose funding? Could we have that option?

ALBERTO SOTO: I don't know if you were able to hear well, but Carlos Vera's proposal is that among the ALSs participating, we can cover the deficit or the amount that is missing in order to have the show funded. So, I hear your proposals now. Is there any comment regarding this proposal? Raul Bauer you have the floor.

RAUL BAUER: Well there is no comment for that proposal. I must confess that I cannot confirm that my organization will be willing to pay money or provide

money for this. I should ask about this. I don't think this would be something easy because this is something that we are not used to doing. So perhaps I should ask for an exception to our normal, our regular, proceedings. And I don't know if that will be accepted.

CARLOS VERA: But we are talking about only \$50 approximately, so it is not a high amount, just to see if we can cover the amount, the remaining amount for the showcase.

ALBERTO SOTO: There is another option proposed by Heidi Ullrich, which is not to have the drinks and to devote that money to pay the dancers. So [inaudible] says that with that we would just have the key chains. Both things in [inaudible], the dancers and the key chains. Is there any comment regarding this?

RAUL BAUER: Have we contacted all the possible sponsors that we have? Can't we find any other sponsor?

ALBERTO SOTO: I see Dev with his hand up. Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: My question was going to be exactly that Alberto. I just wanted to find out well what sponsors have we approached and which ones have

already said no, so then we could decide well, if there's any other sponsor that could be found, one. So that's one thing.

With regards to the second question about having the At-Large Structures put to, you know, contribute a small amount. So if it's say, close to 20 ALSs present, and it is only \$500 – I believe it's \$500 needed. If that is the case, then that's \$25, \$25 per ALS, if, assuming 20 ALS turn up. As they have said, according to the survey. And I mean, I'm thinking that's a reasonable amount. I mean that's – I suspect the per diem for that day would still be, is even more. So it would be like donating part of the per diem for that day. And I would think we should have drinks and food, otherwise it would be a very, very short showcase. As soon as the formal presentation is finished, everybody would leave. That's it. Thanks.

ALBERTO SOTO: Carlos, go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Can you hear me? This is Carlos Aguirre for the record. I think the option would be to find any other sponsor. In the case, of the ALS I represent, well we have a yearly event that we hold every year. And this year, this event will be carried out on December the 22nd. That is to say exactly after the end of the ICANN meetings. So for our event, we are also looking for sponsors because we don't have enough budget and I don't think that the ALS that I represent will be able to contribute, not even with five dollars. So the idea would be to find other events. And I do agree with Dev in terms that if we don't have support well Alberto, as

he said before, we won't have either option A or B, only the food and the drinks and that's all.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Thank you very much. Dev, it's not that we do not have any possibility to get other sponsors. The thing is that we don't have enough time to get other sponsors because the possible sponsors take their time to reply, or to reply to our requirements. So that is something very important to be taken into account. I see that the amount of the key chains plus the most expensive option for the usual performance amounts to \$876. So we have extra dollars to spend. I think that we should, that reduce the amount from \$800 to \$300 is not good but perhaps we can reduce the amount of beverages perhaps, and we would be able to cover all the expenses without depending on sponsors. But of course, we should continue asking or looking for sponsors. Is there any comment? Hello?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

I have a question. Is Jose Arce on the call? I don't know if Jose is listening to us, but I would like to ask him if it is possible to be in contact with LACNIC to see if there is any possibility for them to contribute with anything?

ALBERTO SOTO:

Jose, are you on the call? Go ahead please. Jose? Can you hear us? I don't think he can talk to us. I don't know if he's on the phone.

CARLOS VERA: I have other proposal.

ALBERTO SOTO: Jose is telling us that he has no microphone so I think that perhaps Jose's contact is the same that I have, and this is Andres Piazza. Andres Piazza told me that he was going to talk to [inaudible] and then that he would reply to me. I don't know if that is possible I know that he is coming back to Buenos Aires. Carlos, I see your hand up. Please go ahead.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Thank you very much Alberto. I see that Jose's typing on the AC room and he said that he would prefer to have food and drinks. And he told me that he spoke to Ernesto from LACNIC and not Andres. Andres is already in Bali and he is surely very busy there. So the option I think is to get money from any other sponsor, or else to do what you said before. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, thank you. Any other comment? Carlos Vera, go ahead please.

CARLOS VERA: Well I think that there are, sometimes for example in Ecuador, certain companies that deal with the ministry, so perhaps we can have some Argentinean companies to deal with the Ministry of Commerce to ask for sponsors, so that they can have representatives. But I will see if we can have any possibility on that side.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Carlos. Whenever you have that information available, please let us know. I will contact the ministry myself. Now, according to the estimates, we will need \$270 – extra \$270 – to have the drinks, the key chains, and the option B. As far as the key chains is concerned, I would like to tell you that the invoice is available already in the U.S. and we still need some information from the supplier.

One is information regarding the bank. So as some other internal information, so as to finish with the procedure and to complete the payment. But, as I said before, in order to complete and have this show, we'll still need \$270. So I think that we can have a sponsor contributing to, or we have \$300 and that would be enough. Is there any comment? Raul Bauer, go ahead please.

CARLOS VERA: This is Carlos Vera speaking. I think Alberto, you have made a lot of effort and I would like to thank the staff and the participants as well. But I think we have still some days available to see if we can deal with this in order to have the program or the schedule complete.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Carlos. Raul Bauer, go ahead please.

RAUL BAUER: Well, thank you very much. I think that we need to make a decision, taking into account the worse-case scenario. So in this case, I propose giving, or delivering the key chains and [carry out] the show, the dance

performance, and let the participants, say, pay for the drinks. But of course, if we can get the extra money to pay the drinks, well we can ask the hotel to provide the drinks for this the day before.

So we do not need much anticipation for that. But, of course, the hiring of the tango and folkloric dancers, and the key chains, we would need more time for this. So I suggest agreeing on that and then keep on looking for sponsors. As Alberto said before, we are lacking time. We don't have enough time and we need time to implement these ideas and that is not simple. So that is my proposal. Thank you very much.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Raul. Carlos, go ahead please. Carlos Aguirre, go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Thank you very much Alberto. I was supporting Raul's comment, only that. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Carlos. Is there any other comment regarding this issue?

CARLOS VERA: I do agree with Raul. I think it's a good option to have the showcase, or to have the dancers and the key chains.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Okay, thank you very much. I think that most of the members, if there are no other comments. Aida? Okay I see Aida's approval. So, up to now, up to now, the option is to have the option B, the performance. Option B plus the key chains, and we need to find sponsors for the beverage or drinks. But I also understand what Silvia is saying, that in order to get a sponsor, the deadline to be next Monday which is Monday, the 28th.

So we still have seven days, and of course, if Google agrees to sponsor, we will ask them for two options. Plus we need to get the \$500 and we should ask the performers, or the dancers to provide the invoice directly to Google. So, is there any comment regarding this? Is there any other comment? I see no one writing, no one speaking.

I see Jose Arce typing. Jose Arce is speaking. He says that three ALAC members and the two officers might contribute with \$50 from their per diem. Is there any other comment? I see Dev is typing. He says that he still thinks that ALSs is intending to donate \$25 from their per diem, which is something that is still worthwhile. That's fine. And he says that with that, there will be no need for sponsors.

RAUL BAUER:

I think that we're devoting a lot of time to this item on the agenda. We have ten minutes only to the end of the call and we've still some other important issues to discuss.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Sorry for interrupting you, Alberto. So I would like – I think we can ask Sylvia Herlein Leite to ask all the ALS if they're willing to donate money,

\$25 to this topic, for the showcase. So I can take this information and action item for it.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Silvia. So now we can go to the last item on the agenda. This is item number five. Silvia, if I am not wrong, the explanation I gave regarding the charge and all the other topics, I think that this item is clear, right? Am I right?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Regarding the budget for catering, that's fine. And we now need to define the organization of the showcase itself, that is to say the speakers and a moderator. And then we have to decide the theme. We always have a theme that gives cohesion to the discourses, all the speeches that will be delivered. I see that is on the agenda, many proposals by Alberto and Carlos Aguirre. They're in Spanish and in English for the participants to decide. Go ahead Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: I think we have received this e-mail by Silvia, sent by Silvia and I think we were all able to read this e-mail so I would like to hear your suggestions. So please, go ahead. Raul Bauer you have the floor.

RAUL BAUER: I think that all the proposals are very interesting. I apologize if I am having any other option at this moment. But I would like to have something, or a statement referring the external community. I mean, something related to a better communication with the users or the

more active participation. An opener, or a wider Internet. I think this would be something good to add. I don't know if my comment is useful, but this is something I would like to see reflected on the theme.

ALBERTO SOTO: Carlos Aguirre, could you briefly explain, in less than 30 seconds, your proposal? Go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Thank you very much. I think that the three options that we have speak by themselves. But anyway, if Raul considers that we need to have this new proposal, we can add this wider participation of end users, if you will. I think we have to think about any other alternative, if the ones that we have chosen are not enough.

ALBERTO SOTO: Aida Noblia, you have the floor. Go ahead please. Aida, go ahead please. We cannot hear Aida. I think she has dropped. I see she's typing on the AC room. While Aida is typing, I would like to explain my proposal. When I said more and better ALSs in our region, the idea is to incorporate more ALSs. We sent a proposal that was not accepted unfortunately. But talking with Jose, I think we can carry out this by our own, within [LACRALO]. So this means to have more effective ALSs and if we're able to add or incorporate more ALSs, that would be great.

And the second part is to have a better integration or to reach a better integration of the final and Internet end user. Well the idea is to explain the mission of the ALSs and this is the goal, to get or reach the Internet

user; the final and or end Internet user. So perhaps this has to do with what Raul Bauer is suggested. On one hand, we are getting ready. But on the other hand, we are also getting ready to perform better. Is there any other option or any other suggestion? Is there any other comment? Aida, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

AIDA NOBLIA: Can you hear me?

ALBERTO SOTO: Go ahead Aida.

AIDA NOBLIA: Well this should be something comprehensive. The final part of the phrase, which is "A better participation of the final end user, end Internet users." This addresses all the ALSs, not only the ALSs in the region. So this is something to take into account.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Aida. Is there any other comment? Carlos Aguirre you have the floor.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: I was reading Alberto and Raul Bauer's statement and I translated that into English, so sorry if my English is wrong.

ALBERTO SOTO: Carlos, sorry but we cannot hear you. You're audio is not well so could you repeat please?

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Yes, well, I see Raul wrote on the AC room something and I translated that into that English. But I think we should take that into account.

RAUL BAUER: I think that what Dev wrote also reflects our intention. I think it is an issue of wording, in fact, but the concept is the same, and perhaps if this makes our decision easier, I think, or I would support Dev's proposal.

ALBERTO SOTO: Aida, you have the floor please.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Sorry for interrupting you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Sorry, Carlos, we cannot hear you. Interpreters, I apologize but Carlos Aguirre's audio is not clear and it is not possible to interpret him. Carlos, Silvia is asking me to, if you could write that in Spanish so that the text is translated in English? Jose is, are you proposing [inaudible] as the moderator? Is that right? I think Jose Arce's typing.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I think it was just ask for money.

ALBERTO SOTO: I see Carlos Aguirre is speaking. And to make the most of the remaining time, who are we going to select as the moderator? I understand that this person should speak Spanish and English, so as to have a double presentation in Spanish, as well as in English. So I am open to proposals. Carlos Aguirre, you have the floor.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: I think that we can ask for money, or we can...

ALBERTO SOTO: Interpreters, apologies but we are not receiving Carlos Aguirre's audio. I think Carlos has dropped.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: I think we should ask Olga Madruga for money and she should also be the moderator.

ALBERTO SOTO: Sorry Carlos, I was not able to understand you.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Okay let's see if you can hear me now better. I was saying that, along Jose's line, we should also Olga Madruga for money. She is the Argentinean representative at the ICANN board. So I was thinking about asking her to be the moderator.

ALBERTO SOTO: Jose Arce, what is your opinion about this? And who should contact her?

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: I think the staff should contact her.

ALBERTO SOTO: Carlos, your hands are still up. Is there any other comment you would like to make? Any other comment? Any other suggestion regarding the moderator for the showcase?

RAUL BAUER: I don't understand something. Carlos is proposing that we request a moderator to help us with the sponsor, with the sponsorship. Is that right? Am I right?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, that's it. That is what he proposed. This is Alberto Soto speaking. Is there any other suggestion for the moderator? We need to finish with this call. Dev is saying that he does not understand the issue of the moderator for the showcase. Silvia, I would say what I understand. The moderator is the one performing, or making the presentation. He is the one announcing the speakers, the one who opens the sessions, and the one who can present the show. Is that right?

SILVIA VIVANCO: That's right, Alberto. That was the role of the moderator in the showcase at Costa Rica. He had a guide to follow so this is something

that might be done by the, any member. I mean this is an internal task so if I may, perhaps someone from the board might perform this role of the moderator. But perhaps a board member should be a kind of speaker, and not a moderator for the showcase. So that is my humble opinion, if I may.

ALBERTO SOTO: I totally agree with you, Silvia. The moderator should be a member or someone inside LACRALO. And please let us not ask Jose to be the moderator. Not because he may not do it. I was not present at Costa Rica. But I think there should be someone else performing the role of the moderator and this person should perform a double presentation in English and Spanish and I would suggest Carlos Aguirre.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: I said that I was opposing Alberto Soto, but I think that it should be someone, a local speaker.

ALBERTO SOTO: Carlos masters the English language so I think it's more appropriate than me to be the moderator. Carlos, go ahead please.

CARLOS DIONISIO AGUIRRE: Okay Alberto, I accept your proposal. Go ahead, I accept.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, we have selected. We have already selected the moderator. Is there any other comment? Because we have reached the top of the hour.

RAUL BAUER: I would like to make a question. I wanted to know the amount of ALSs that will attend the showcase. I know that Dev was checking that information.

ALBERTO SOTO: I think Dev has answered that question with 14 ALSs. Dev could you please give us an update on that information?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: 18 ALS responded saying yes, and with one maybe, and one saying no. I can send the list of all those ALS that said that they would be attending. That's it.

RAUL BAUER: Alberto, this is Raul Bauer. May I speak?

ALBERTO SOTO: Go ahead Raul.

RAUL BAUER: Okay. So in that case, I would like to remind you that our organization will kindly invite all the ALSs in Buenos Aires on Thursday and we'll be in

charge of that celebration or that event. We will be in charge of the barbeque, of the drinks, etc.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Raul. I think we have agreed on that proposal. If we still keep the same amount of ALSs that would be possible. I think that the limit was 20, right?

RAUL BAUER: Yes, we have a capacity for 20 people. You know the heart is big, but the room is not enough. But anyway, we have people from the staff, from our staff, who are working on this. But if we still have 20 participants or less, we will be able to [inaudible] or carry out this event.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay. So, we need to discuss this with certain anticipation so I would like the, ask the secretary to confirm this information I think that on the 28th or the 30th of October, to confirm the amount of people that will attend. Is that okay for you Raul? Raul Bauer? Okay. If it is the secretariat I should contact, I will do so. It's not necessary that all of us be involved with this. Perhaps you can contact Sylvia. Silvia Vivanco, if there is no other comment I think we should finish this call right now.

SILVIA VIVANCO: So, it's still not clear to me what the theme would be.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, this is something that is still pending. So, I suggest that by Thursday, we propose Raul and Carlos, all the amendments to the theme so that we can approve this by e-mail and we can send this to the staff on Friday, by the latest.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay, I would appreciate that because we need a list to send an e-mail to the speakers to invite them. And of course, we include the theme of the showcase in that information so that the speaker can prepare his or her presentation according to that theme.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Silvia. So is Friday suitable and okay for you, or should be before that deadline?

SILVIA VIVANCO: It should be as soon as possible.

ALBERTO SOTO: Okay, so perhaps Wednesday. So we can work today and tomorrow, and we can send that information to the staff on Wednesday. Please, let's coordinate and discuss a list of the issues by e-mail because we need to put an end, to finish this call right now.

RAUL BAUER: May I speak? Okay I see that there are some comments or certain comments regarding the appointment of the moderator. So I wouldn't like to leave this topic open right now.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much Raul. Okay so I understood this was by consensus Silvia Vivanco? Please? Together with the theme that we will sending you on Friday – on Wednesday, sorry –, we will send you the name of the moderator as well. Thank you very much.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay Alberto, thank you very much.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you very much. Have a nice day. Thank you for your participation.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: By everyone. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Oh okay. Thanks everyone. Thanks again to the interpreters.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]