

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening everyone. This is the ALAC leadership team monthly conference call, for this to be the Executive Committee conference call, on Wednesday the 30<sup>th</sup> of October, 2013. The time is 13:10 UTC. Let's have a roll call and apologies please Julia.

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you Olivier. Julia speaking. Welcome everyone to the ALC monthly meeting, on the 30<sup>th</sup> of October 2013 at 13 UTC. On this call today we have Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Julie Hammer, Alan Greenberg, Carlton Samuels will be joining us shortly.

We have no apologies so far. And from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Nathalie Peregrine, and myself Julia Charvolen. May I please remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcript purposes. And thank you, and over to you Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Julia, and welcome everybody to this call. Let's go immediately to agenda item number two, the review of our action items, the 8<sup>th</sup> of October 2013 ExCom meeting, that's what it was still called at the time. And I invite you to go over to that page, that Wiki

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

page which is linked to the agenda. We'll go directly at the bottom of the page to the currently open action items.

The first one is Matt Ashtiani and Alan Greenberg to work on cleaning up the various mailing lists. That's ongoing. Alan Greenberg to complete required documents to allow the new rules of procedure to be put in place, and that is complete. And of course, call for members of the Board member selection process committee, and also for the Board evaluation committee has been sent up, and those committees are now populated as well.

Matt Ashtiani is to work with Dev Anand Teelucksingh and Olivier on the development on an overall workspace for the collection of At Large action items. That's ongoing and we heard from Dev yesterday that there is some progress in this, so we'll be working behind the scenes to see if we can do some more testing on this.

Olivier is to begin speaking to RALO chairs with regards to ALS decertification, that's not done yet. I think that was the result that we are having from the request from inputs, ALSs, regarding the opinion poll we had for the At Large summit. That might provide us with some targets for ALS decertification. I certainly heard from some RALOs that they are ready to move forward on decertifying some of their dead ducks.

Olivier and Alan are to inform the ALAC when ATRT II documents are ready for review. That can be marked as done since the ATRT II is now opening up for a public comment period. We will be talking about this a little bit later on during this call. Heidi is to move forward with the

---

appointment of the dot [mobile] liaison as now have a response from [?] and a call for a candidate is to be sent [?] requested and a conference call will be held on the issue.

That, as we heard yesterday, is ongoing. It's probably next week sometime. Evan, Holly, and Carlton are to work together to develop a charter and to propose initial shares for the newly formed regular [tree] issues working group. Again, yesterday we heard that this is in progress. And Heidi finally is to set a call for BCC and BMS PC, that's done. Any questions, comments, or should we just move on to the next part of those action items?

I see no one putting their hand up. Let's move on. Recently closed action items. So Matt sent out the call for comments on the various Buenos Aires workspaces, and we will be discussing this a little bit later on in this call as well. Then we have Olivier to work on a statement to be drafted saying that the board should have us for a cross-community working group to look at the issue of policy and implementation rather than having another GNSO working group look at the issue.

The statement is to be discussed and voted on, if possible, during the 29<sup>th</sup> of October conference call. On that one, we have a – was that a correspondence, I think that we had on this. I'm not quite too sure, we'll come back to it in a second. And Matt and Alan are to finalize the board director workspace on the 9<sup>th</sup> of October 2013. Let's see, Alan has raised his hand, so Alan you have the floor.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah. On the policy implementation, the statement I'm drafting may well serve as the safest, we're talking about a cross-community effort because I'm certainly going to be making reference to that. So it may address it or a separate statement may still be needed depending on the judgment of those involved.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much Alan. We look forward to seeing that statement. Now on the newly assigned action items. Olivier is to work on a statement to be drafted in response to the public comment on policy implementation. You've just talked about his Alan, so we'll work on this. And I can see here the same needs to be discussed and voted on, on the 29<sup>th</sup> of October conference call.

Well the closing date is prior to Buenos Aries, so we will be able to send it prior to Buenos Aries. Olivier...

ALAN GREENBERG: Excuse me Olivier. Excuse me Olivier. Why is your name on that? I thought I was the one that was going to be doing that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm not quite sure, Alan, how that came out. I have a feeling that you might have not been on the conference call, the last ExCom call when this was discussed. So it could be that since this has moved over to you, but at the time it was sent over to me for some reason.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: I think I was but it doesn't really matter.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm happy that it's you [laughs]. You've already started on it. I'm happy to lend a hand if you want, you can bounce it off of me and...

ALAN GREENBERG: The reason I say is it not necessarily respond to questions, I remember explicitly saying...

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks. So then Olivier is to draft an email to Fadhi regarding the tick enforcement in addition to the DRP. That was actually transformed to a face to face discussion in Bali. I can provide you with some feedback on this. So every morning I was invited, as were all the other SO and AC chairs present in Bali, to have breakfast with the Board and with staff that are there, and we had basically sort of a run down on everything that had happened the day before.

And one of the things that I did discuss with Fadhi and [?] was to basically find out under his, on Fadhi's promise that they were going to the other means of [fake] enforcement and other means of providing the community with the ability to call out the pick that was not adhered to.

And so Fadhi confirmed this, and as you're going to see from the latest document, and I see that Alan has raised his hand. He will provide us

---

with further details. This appears to have been words followed by actions. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you. The whole issue is far less relevant than we thought it was, in that we, the pick DRP that was published in October, the relationship to the pick DRP that was published in March, there is two connections. One is the same and two, they're still requiring that whoever reports the problem show harm. Everything else changed and what they're now talking about is not the traditional ICANN dispute process, dispute resolution process as with the UDRP, but an ICANN compliance issue.

And so the problems are not nearly what they were before. It's easy for him to commit to a button because there is already going to be a button, they've already committed to it in the published DRP. There is still an issue regarding being required to show harm, and that has to be addressed, and have addressed that in the point.

But the whole issue was unfortunately blown out, blown up somewhat because no one seems to have realized that the pic DRP process that they published was radically different from what it was before. All I'm saying, is his commitment at Bali was not quite as impressive as otherwise we would have thought. Thank you.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you Alan. Does this mean... I mean, am I able to say that this action item is complete? Or does this committee still need to draft an email to Fadhi about this?

ALAN GREENBERG: No, no I don't think we need to do anything. We may choose to forward a copy of our statement to him for his personal reference, or to the Board, but that is a separate issue.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Anyone else? Rinalia? Tijani? I see that there is agreement and everyone having put their hand up on this. So let's do that. Thank you Alan for this. Now, the last one of the newly assigned action items is Heidi to locate the wording on crowd sourcing noted by Fadhi [?] during the ALAC Board meeting in Durban, and send this information to me. I have not received such information, maybe Alan...?

ALAN GREENBERG: That's the same issue. I think we can put that one to sleep.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you. Seeing no one put their hand up, I gather there are no further comments on these action items. So I invite you all to look at the action items of yesterday's ALAC conference call, on the 29<sup>th</sup> of October, and we'll just look at the open action items, and the newly assigned action items. Again, same action items in the beginning, they're working on the cleaning up of the various mailing lists.

---

The BMFTC and the required documents to allow the new procedure to be put in place, all of this can be ticked as in having been done. The workspace for the collection of At Large AI's, the spacing on the two RALO chairs on the ALFC certification, same status as we just covered. The appointment of [?] liaison, the explanation of membership requirements, and any other additional details as necessary for the BMFTC, that's done.

And finally, the regular issues working groups. So these are effectively a copy of the ExCom action items as well. On the recently closed one, we've got the same question. Ah, there is one actually. Matt Ashtiani is to double check the ISOC Somalia address and make sure it is working. I notice that this is just recently closed.

Matt, did you find out what the problem was? Do we have Matt? Matt is on the call.

MATT ASHTIANI:

This is Matt for the record. The address works, just not consistently. We were provided with an additional address yesterday. Tijani was able to find one, so we have two email addresses for this ALS.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

That's great. Thank you very much Matt. Yeah I think it is good to have a backup address, if this one shows strange errors, we definitely need to have a backup address to be able to speak to the chair or to someone in that organization. Alan you have put your hand up, you have the floor.



---

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, thank you. On information for the DMSTC members, not for membership but for the actual members, I still owe them a draft preliminary schedule, I and Cheryl, but I'm supposed to be working on it. And I'll have that written in the next day or so. I see they're not meeting this week.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Alan. So let's not mark this one as done then. For staff, Alan Greenberg is to provide an explanation on membership requirements and any other additional details as necessary for members of the DMSTC.

ALAN GREENBERG: Just a note. Tijani, if you want to invite me to a first meeting to explain what would be in that agenda, I will be glad to do that, or I could do that privately to you first, whichever you prefer.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Alan. Thank you. Tijani, could I suggest maybe that you might invite Alan and Cheryl as well, as she was the chair of the prior DMSTC and so on, at least just for the first call so as for them to be able to share their knowledge with, and tips, I guess, of running the BMFCC with members of that committee?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I will invite them, and I would be glad to add them to the committee if they want.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: So, next we have newly assigned action item. That's for Heidi to check if the R3 paper has been mentioned in previous policy updates, and if not, Heidi is to prepare an article on the R3 and the ALAC letter to Fadhi on the Brazil summit. These are the two subjects, an article on the R3 and an article on the ALAC memo to Fadhi. In fact, letter to Fadhi on the [?]. Sorry.

I'm getting confused now. Any comments or questions? Heidi, do you have an update on this? Or when should we expect those?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. As Dev [?] yesterday on the ALAC call, there was a policy update article last year on the R3 paper. So I will prepare a short article on the ALAC letter to Fadhi on the Brazil summit, despite the reference to that R3 article.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Fantastic. Great. Thank you very much Heidi. So, we've gone through the action items. Any comments or questions on any of these action items? No one put their hand up, then we can certainly move on to

---

---

agenda item number three, the ALAC policy development activities. I think that we've already been through the whole lot yesterday, maybe just asking if there is any update on the statements currently being developed.

I note that the final report on protection of IGO and INGO identifiers and all GTLDs, the ALAC is voting. There were some minor, minor changes, amendments I think, just typos, grammatical mistake on those, including one that Dev Anand Teelucksingh raised. Has this been amended?

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not aware of one that Dev suggested. I know that there was one that Carlton suggested, and in fact we were supposed to talk about it yesterday and forgot.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: We did not, no. I mean looking at the amendment, yes the second amendment that Carlton suggested was maybe going to be – make a bit of a difference to the statement, but I just wonder...

ALAN GREENBERG: In my mind, it may be better worded, but given this is being voted on by the ALAC, we didn't get the ALAC to approve the change yesterday. I apologize for forgetting, as did all of us. I think we just have to leave that one alone. If there was a change like Dev suggested, it was after I last looked.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Alan. Rianlia, you have the floor. Rinalia Abdul Rahim.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Thank you Olivier. Rinalia for the transcripts. Just a question about the statement on the ATRT II report, when is that due exactly? Is it possible that it's due after Buenos Aries?

ALAN GREENBERG: No, the official period closes during Buenos Aries. And the reply period closes somewhere around the 10<sup>th</sup> of December, I don't remember the exact date. The dates are setup so that there is a full 21 days comment period and reply period for the language, for the translated versions.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Okay. The reason that...

ALAN GREENBERG: The comment period ends during Buenos Aries, unfortunately, but as usual, comments will be accepted during the reply period.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Go ahead Rinalia.

---

RINALI ABDUL RAHIM: The reason that I ask is that typically when it is something that substantial, when there is a lot of content in the report, is that the ALAC doesn't finish [thinking] about it until it has gotten to some discussions. And we're likely not going to have discussions until Buenos Aries.

ALAN GREENBERG: I have no problem excepting that the ATRT will continue accepting comments through the reply period, which I believe goes roughly the middle of December or a little before that. So I have no problem with that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I think we're speaking of a problem that isn't there actually because I remember when discussing the [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] reply period there was a request made by me actually, to make sure we adhere to what we were preaching, which was to actually have a black out period during the Buenos Aries meeting. As a result, the initial comment closing date is the 22<sup>nd</sup> of November, that's a week after the Buenos Aries meeting.

So there will be ample time for the ALAC to discuss the issue during the Buenos Aries meeting, and have a consolidated position before the 22<sup>nd</sup> of November. And then the reply period opens on the 22<sup>nd</sup> and closes on the 13<sup>th</sup> of December, that's a long comment reply period.

ALAN GREENBERG: That's interesting, because someone else complained that we were closing it in the middle of an ICANN meeting. I haven't gone actually to

---

look at the actual announcement. But regardless, the comment, the reply period is open and will be usable.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: The 22<sup>nd</sup>, it's the end of the ICANN meeting. It's a Friday, and technically speaking, the ICANN meeting closes on the 21<sup>st</sup>.

ALAN GREENBERG: In theory, there had been passive agreement that the period of ICANN meetings would not count towards the days. That is not being honored in this case. The closing of the reply period is the 13<sup>th</sup> of December, and that is the [?] date.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Okay. Thank you Alan. Right, let's go again to our agenda. So we had jumped to the ATRT II. On the policy and implementation working group discussions, it says here Alan is to draft a statement, there is none yet. I guess that will be forthcoming Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: I hope so.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay thank you. The revised [?] that I must say, I've read through the statement that Alan has put in here, the first draft, and I'm very happy with the way that it is. So, please have a good read of it and comment

---

on it ASAP. I've just sent instructions to Matt for – well, first for sending out an announcement to the whole overall ALAC announcement list.

But also, [?] announcement, and then also to have a closing date sometime in the next two weeks. So we've got one week for comments and then one week for the vote, and that would be enabling us to send that just before the reply closing date on the 13<sup>th</sup> of November. And that's the one. And then the ccNSO framework of interpretation working group interim report on revocation. It says here, ALAC considering drafting a statement.

I recall, from memory, Rinalia did you say you were going to draft something? Who was going to say something about this? I cannot remember now. Not Rinalia. I know that I asked Maureen to provide a bit of information about this, but I'm not quite sure whether anyone has decided to pick up the pen on that.

And I also know that Cheryl has provided us with some details. But no one marked down as picking up the pen. Cheryl, do you remember by any chance? Can't hear Cheryl. [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] ...statement of on the ATRT I believe a short, sharp statement is the optimal form to get the attention it deserves.

So the statement is a point up there. Let's... If you all reload your agenda page, you will note that a new public comment request has just come out. ICANN's draft vision mission and focus areas for five year strategy plan [?]. So there is a, there are a number of documents that are there that have been put out for review.

---

The opening date is today, yesterday. The comment closing date is on the 31<sup>st</sup> of January. What I suggest is that we go through this in Buenos Aries and have a discussion based around this in Buenos Aries, face to face, and see if we have anything to contribute to this process. Of course, the finance and budget subcommittee also deals with all of this work of strategy and so on.

So I'll ask staff to forward the call for comments to the FCFC as well please. Any thoughts or questions on this? I see no one putting their hand up. Okay, well that's the policy development that we have dealt with. Next we have the...

ALAN GREENBERG:

Olivier, Carlton put a message in the chat which perhaps he can elaborate on.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Statement on [?] I believe a short, sharp statement is the optimal form to get the attention it deserves.

CARLTON SAMUELS:

This is Carlton. I actually put the statement in the email that Evan wrote. I personally just think that we should just say without [syntax] procedures and third party ability to file without having to pay. The RP is not worth it. I think it should be like that. I've actually put it in an email.



---

ALAN GREENBERG: Carlton, I did write a statement last night that's posted. For the record, there are no more fees associated with the [?] so I think we need to be careful.

CARLTON SAMUELS: I look at the statement, Alan, and see what happens.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I would suggest also reading the new, the revised ATRT. As Alan says, it's a totally different animal than the first one that we had, and I'm afraid that Evan was still commenting on the first instance not this instance of the ATRT. Okay. Let's move on then everyone.

Let's go on to the next part of our call, and that's the review ALAC meeting that we had yesterday. I invite you all to open your page. It was long, but I think we had a good progress of, naming of BCCN and BMSCC members, went quite well. And I'm glad to see those groups are formed, and happy to see a mix of all the new in there.

Certainly on the working group updates, the ATLAS II organizing committee also met last night, and there was some progress. First instance, first browse of the responses that we were given was a bit baffling of some members of the committee. And the request was ask of Matt to tabulate the results and to make those available very shortly,

---

hopefully before the end of the week, to the members of the survey group.

And that will then get then the whole organizing committee to be able to move forward, and certainly have some progress by the Buenos Aires face to face. At the same time, it was decided to cancel some of the conference calls that were going to involve the other subgroups of the organizing committee because nothing really could be done yet until the results are well ingested and discussed on it.

I know that Tijani, I'm not sure whether you've had some time to look at the results so far.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Olivier, I didn't do only because it is not the final result. We are waiting until the first of November, the new deadline, to get all people voted. So [?] we start seriously, and then with Matt providing spreadsheet as the majority of the group members requested. I think we start then, not now. But I had a look and as I said in the meeting, the format given by the response is not totally clear, and we can use them.

But since the majority wanted a spreadsheet to be done on this page.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thank you very much Tijani. If I could just suggest though, that you make yourself very aware of, you both, of course, make yourselves very much aware of what format there is at the moment. I think we need to think about the time now. We have 137 ALSs that have

---

responded. Realistically, we'll probably get two or three more responses in the rest of this week.

I don't expect any more than that, I have instructed staff not to continue trying to bring a dead horse to resuscitate. I'm sorry, but the last few elephants are not responding are not the most important ones. We need to plow forward. And so I'm hoping that the analysis will not take weeks, but days. Which means that you really need to all be on the starting block to get things moving.

I'm very, very conscious of the time, and that we're wasting time at the moment. And that's my concern, I'll be frank. That's what I'm telling you.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

You're right. You're absolutely right. And it will start exactly on the second of November.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Perfect. With regards to the rest of the call, well most of it... There was one thing the ALAC chair term renewal. Alan did pop the question, my response confused everyone, I'm sorry. I was tired at the time. And I just didn't think that it was correct to just say yes, as if it was a quick question/answer type session.

Alan, did you say you were going to ask a question on the list and I was going to reply then?

---

ALAN GREENBERG:

Heidi will ask the question on the ALAC internal list.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Excellent. Okay. So I'll look forward to being able to reply then. And then the update on the 2013 IGF. I don't know, I know we were in a bit of a rush. I'm not sure whether you wanted to have any further information on the At Large activities in Bali. I'm very, very pleased, I must say, with all of the people that went to Bali.

And I'm actually even more pleased that this was actually noted by staff, noted by Fadhi, who met with many of our community, noted by Board members who were present as well. [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] ...that Board members were, I think they were more involved than last year in what we were doing.

Certainly happy to see the progress in that part. I'm not quite sure how the hunting will take place next year now that we have the crop, the community travel team of some sort. I don't even remember what crop means. But anyway, we've got the crop. I hope that the crop will not entirely completely replace the – what we have over here in Bali.

Since the crop is only for three days and the IGF lasts more than three days. And of course, if we have an ALS that will send three members to panel of some sort, that will be three out of their five slots taken out. Just a bit concern on that, and that's something I guess which we will be able to fight later on. I can even ask staff to make sure that the crop is not going to change.

---

The rapport of what's going in Bali. I see two people already put their hand up, sorry about this. Tijani and then Alan. So Tijani Ben Jemaa.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Olivier. Tijani speaking. First of all, regarding the activities in Bali, I will write the report and send it to you to the [?] what is her function?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Global stakeholder...

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Global, no global partnership something. Okay...

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Global stakeholder engagement, GSE.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Another thing, exactly. So I will send it, and I will put it on the Wiki so that anyone can see what happens, at least from me. And I am sure that activities done by the At Large members, among the ICANN people was really noticeable. People showed and said that the real activity was done by the At Large people. So this is the point.

The second point regarding crop. Crop will not replace this kind of activity. Crop is only for outreach. Crop is a response to all the requests and the additional requests for the budget about outreach that was

---

rejected. It was rejected because ICANN management didn't understand how it can be really useful. So they said we would make it in the program with matrix, criteria, etcetera, etcetera.

This is crop. So crop will not replace... Crop is outreach only. So it will be outreach in the region to get more ALSs for example, for us to be outreach in another place to better outreach with people in other forum. But it will not replace, in my opinion, what is going on now. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Tijani. Absolutely agree with you. Next is Alan Greenberg.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yeah, thank you. Tijani basically raised the point I was [AUDIO INTERFERENCE]. One could readily say that IGF attendance has an outreach component, but the issue of IGF and crop was discussed during the early telephone calls, and if only because of the length of the IGF and the number of people who typically want to go, is I think all parties agreed that crop will probably not be the vehicle used by IGF.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much Alan. And I note from the chat that the IGF is only for regional trips. No, I think the crop is only for regional trips, is what Heidi...

---

ALAN GREENBERG: ...people in that region from using it for that. If that was the only reason.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Correct. Okay. So thank you. At least this is clear. I also wanted to put on the record my thanks to Sally Croston and also to Sebastian [?] for having pushed for my presence in Bali. As you know, I was not funded under any of the RALO subsidies and so only. And it's only from some swift action at the end, just a few weeks before Bali, that I was invited to go as a key component of the ICANN community.

Basically placing some importance on the fact that At Large are really a key to ICANN's future. So I was very pleased to see that. I think that a few years ago we would have never seen something like that happen. That definitely makes me think that we are going in the right direction. We might not be there yet, fully, but we definitely are going in the right direction.

And there is this – there is more understanding now in the upper management of ICANN that At Large is an essential component, and not just there to make the gallery to look pretty at the end of the day. Any other thoughts or questions on this? Looking further down at the meeting agenda, then we had all the big discussions on – well in any other business, and the discussion with regards to Garrett Sherman.

As I mentioned yesterday, I think five minutes would be great. I note that Garth Bruen wants to also put together an article about Garrett Sherman on Circle ID. I entirely support this. I don't know Garrett Sherman well enough to be able to contribute to this, but I know that

---

some of you know him rather well, and some of you might have known people who have known him well.

So it would be good if you could get in touch with him, and make them – as them if they could contribute to this article. That would be really great. I'm not sure anyone else from the ALAC, I know other members of our community have passed away in the past, but not sure whether ALAC members, or ex-ALAC members have passed away.

So that was a bit of a shock when learning of the news. Any other thoughts on the ALAC meeting? In general? Seeing no one put their hand up, let's move on with our agenda and let's look at the Buenos Aries meeting. As you know, yesterday there was a call for questions to fill those different parts. The first one in there was the Buenos Aries ACSO leadership meeting questions workspace. And of course, that could be in the sort of different ways.

There was the leadership meeting which was the meeting that I had with the other SO and AC chairs [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] ...today on a call just before this call, was there was a comment on SO and AC chairs with regards to the public meeting that will take place right after the opening ceremony.

And I suggested that we might wished to discussed policy versus implementation. The response from the GNSO was very positive, however I was told that this was not an issue in the ccNSO. What we decided, that was just a few minutes ago, was that there would definitely be time for two subjects because the session was 90 minutes in total. One of those two subjects should be, well there was a list of



---

the different subjects that could be used, but one of them was going to be Internet governance as a whole, and that's of course is a follow up to the [?] video announcement, and also the announcement about the Brazil conference that might take place, and I'm using the word very carefully, might take place in end of April/early May 2014.

Definitely there needs to be a debate within ICANN to discuss which direction this community wants to go. Whether this is all mission creep for ICANN to be involved in, whether it's not, whether it really is in defense of our motto. That is in place here.

So I hope that we will be able to show up at that session on force. Hopefully, and I think the suggestion will also have the ability – those green papers and white papers and red papers, for those that agree and don't agree and so on. And it looks as though the moderator is likely to be Brad White. I did suggest Patrick Sherry who used to run those sessions back in the days, but Brad is internal and also equally as qualified, and therefore I think has got the ability to run those sessions very well, as well.

Regarding the SSO leadership meeting, questions? I guess at the moment has only got Evan's suggestion for the policy versus implementation, and that is definitely we'll be bringing forward when asked about what topics we are to discuss at the SOAC leadership meeting. With regards to the GAC question workspace, any further thoughts at the moment? Evan as suggested the new gTLD is in the public interest, and also the subject of a liaison.

---

I fully support his suggestions. But we usually come up with three different topics, so if you have an idea of another topic, then please let us know, and we need to know that very soon I guess. Heidi, what's our deadline for this? Because on the Wiki page, it says 22<sup>nd</sup> of October, and of course, we're past that date. What's our absolute deadline before you need to let GAC Secretariat know where we, what we want before we collect the questions from the GAC to us?

And we can't hear you at the moment Heidi. Hello? Have we lost Heidi?

CARLTON SAMUELS: It seems that we have lost her.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: We've seem to have lost her. Let's move on to the next thing, and we'll ask the question again later on. ICANN Board questions. Two suggestions again from Evan, policy implementation and also customer service. I fully support those as well. I note that others also supported, seeing that other people saying that they like this. I don't know who said.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes Tijani, please go ahead. You have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: It says we make statement about the [?], and we didn't have something we can consider as convincing. Can we put this issue on the agenda for discussion?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Very good points, Tijani. Just for the record, we have received a reply for our statement on [screen familiarity]. The reply basically said that the Board, the new gTLD program committee was examining this very carefully, and was monitoring this. I agree with you that certainly fell short of an explanation as to why in some ways dot com implemented dot can and in some ways it's not.

The discrepancy in the ruling, which is of great concern to our communities. So definitely let's put this down as well. Would you be able to type...

CARLTON SAMUELS: [?]...dropping off. Olivier you're going.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm still here. Can you hear me?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, yes. It's Carlton, this was Carlton.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: This was Carlton, yes. But Carlton said I was gone for some reason. Sorry it was Carlton that was gone that couldn't hear me, you can all hear me. Tijani, if you could please let me know, sorry not let me know. If you could please put your suggestion on the ICANN Board questions workspace.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: And then so staff can pick all of these up and send them to the Board ahead of the time when we need to send it. Heidi are you back with us?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Sorry. I believe the question was, why is the deadline the 22<sup>nd</sup> of October on that ACSO question page?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I don't really care why, I want to know what the new date is.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let me ask. Let me ask, I'll see if I can get Rob or David now, just a moment.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: When is our deadline basically for Board, GAC, etcetera. We need to populate those pages, I understand. We're only three weeks away from

---

the meetings. At some point, you're going to have to fire an email to the staff in charge of Board, and staff in charge of GAC, and also obtain their questions. When do we need to do that by? End of this week? Middle of next week? Would be good to know.

HEIDI ULLRICH: The lines have not really been set, but these emails are starting to go back and forth, but [?] yet. But there is always, well the earlier the better, basically.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thanks. Global stakeholder engagement questions. Rinalia has suggested...

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier....

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: ...provide a briefing. Yes Alan go ahead.

ALAN GREENBERG: ...sorry.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Please go ahead, sorry.

---

ALAN GREENBERG: One that is bothering me, and maybe I'm the only one on the ALAC that this bothers, there is a huge increase in reconsideration requests related to string similarity. And I'm really troubled on the transparency of all of these decisions originally being made by the Board Governance committee, several members of whom do not sit on the new gTLD committee because they're conflicted.

And although the Board Governance committee is passing them on to the gTLD process committee for ratification, I think this lacks transparency, and I wouldn't mind bringing that up if there is any more interest other than just me. ...as such, but it really goes to the credibility of ICANN on an issue which is contentious, and that we are concerned about.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Let's get this clear Alan. It's Olivier speaking. So the BGC has to make the decision whether something can be reconsidered or not reconsidered. Is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: To accept the reconsideration or not.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Right. So what you're basically saying is because some members on the BGC are conflicted, it might be in their advantage to refuse a reconsideration request or – whether they should refuse...

---

ALAN GREENBERG: I'm not presuming that those particular members have a particular conflict, but certainly there is the perception of it and it seems to be violating the clear removal of people who are potentially conflicted from any decision. It's likely worse because BGC in fact has the right to make their judgment final. They have not, but they have sent them for ratification.

But they're actually not obliged to under the by-laws. And I just think this lacks transparency. And therefore, although I don't believe anyone is misusing their prerogative, there is a perception or potential for perception of decisions being made because of other situations. I will put it on the Wiki if you'd like. But I wanted to pass it by people and see if there was any interest.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Just, Alan, for the record, so the BGC integrations are behind closed doors. Is that correct?

ALAN GREENBERG: They publish minutes, but yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Yeah, if you can put that on the Wiki and we'll see if there is any like or any support for this.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Global stakeholder engagement questions. This one we have, okay so we've got a briefing that Rinalia is asking for. I think that's pretty much a given. Anything else on this? Are there any questions? I know that Tijani, you've spoken at length, well maybe not at length, but you've certainly interacted much with the global stakeholders now since Bali. Is there anything you'd like to add to this? Or you think that basically provide a briefing and then just have like questions and answers that just go like that.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you Olivier. I have spoken at length with Sally in Bali. And I can tell you that I am really happy for this discussion because the impression that I had before is that Sally stick with you but don't hear you. Now, I am sure she is hearing, and she is reacting. This is a main point because the thoughts of this [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] ...of ICANN don't hear you nothing will work.

I think that today we are on the right way with this global engagement, and we – there is a lot things. I don't have question, I have more if you want, interaction with them regarding their projects. And they have a lot. One of them I cannot. [CROSSTALK] Yeah.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Well, we will have not only GSC, but not only Sally, but we'll have everyone else also coming at the same time, so I guess they will be providing us with an update on all of their activities. Next, the



---

communications department. And that, again, is questions for Evan. What access does the At Large community independently have to ICANN's communication channel? Oh, Alan, your hand is still up. Is that an old hand, a new one?

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, old hand. And I'm going to be leaving again in a few minutes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Well, I think we'll probably be finished pretty soon. I'm just going through these. Buenos Aires communications department. So what access do we have? And that actually stands also – was reflected in a question, or discussion that I did have with some people in Bali. I spoke to members of the council of Europe there. And they were pretty much unaware of many of the statements that we had put together, and also unaware of the public periods.

Well, they were aware of the public comment periods, but unaware the spread of basically requesting inputs. And it came down to the question as to whether ICANN should be seeking input or ICANN should be open to input. And at the moment, it looks as though ICANN is just open to input from the public, but actually not actively seeking it outside.

Now, the At Large community is somehow seeking it, since we are trying to rely on our network of ALSs worldwide. The problem being that we don't seem to be able to have the reach that is required to get that input from out there. And certainly being able to make use of the ICANN communications channels would, I think, definitely be

---

welcomed. And so, Evan's question I think is very well received, and I hope they will be able to have a discussion with us.

Does anyone have a comment or would like to add to Evan's question by any chance?

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: Hi there, it's me.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, hi there Evan. Welcome.

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: Sorry about coming in late. The only thing, and this sort of goes to the issue, for instance, that I suggested yesterday, that if there were channels we would be able to get, you know, when we do something like the RS, or we do something like the letter we do to Fadhi.

That we should, if ICANN already has a mailing list, a media list, and things like that that get out, then we shouldn't have a difficult channel to say, okay, the At Large community has something to say to the public as well. I mean, getting resources to be able to do outreach beyond the ALSs has been very, very difficult, and this is something that would seem to already to exist to ICANN to provide without additional cost internally, simply to use existing channels to give messages of ours.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you here, so that's great. And that's it really. The topics for the public comments, public forum workspace are still empty. I haven't been asked yet to supply topics for this. As you know, the pressure on topics to be discussed in the public forum has somehow subsided a bit from the topics that will be discussed in the whole Monday afternoon.

But one thing we do have to note is that it doesn't look as the policy versus implementation will be treated on the Monday afternoon. So we might wish to bring up the policy versus implementation during the ICANN public forum as a backup to, if it's actually not picked up in the Monday afternoon session. Tijani Ben Jemaa, you have the floor.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes thank you Olivier. Tijani speaking. For the open forum, I think that the community relation guidelines made it, yes to be addressed there. Because we made statements, but the answer was really, really disappointing for me. And I'm sure it will not change the African guidebook, but inside it, we can add things, we can be, if you want, [?] and try to make something to really precise the community applications.

Other thing, the panel. Why don't make use of the community because the community has more knowledge about this process, about the – how do you say? The community applications? More than the panel that is now – that we used. I don't say that we don't have to use it, but we can make use of the community, of the knowledge of the community, and empower it. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Tijani. Any reactions from anyone from this suggestions of topics for the public forum?

CARLTON SAMUELS: This is Carlton. I agree with Tijani, that maybe the response itself was very disappointing, but I will tell you that I did expect it. One of the things we might probably do, I think is to get much easier to have them where they – the commitment, the contract they have with the economic intelligence unit, to include community voices than to get them to put anything new in the applicant guidebook.

So I'm just suggesting that maybe that's a suggestion we make that a very late contract with the EIU, and provide with the community, the opportunity to provide some additional community input.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, thank you Carlton. Hasn't the contract already been signed though? And isn't the EIU already engaging in the work? I wonder.

CARLTON SAMUELS: They have, but they have. But because it's a contract Olivier, I think it might be, the EIU itself might see it as advantageous to add community voices, and it's not going to be in their time, so they wouldn't care. But the product they would come out with in the end might be that much more robust. So I think it's a win/win, they might see it necessary to do

---

that if you could get a contract that would make the variations because of good business reasons, and they might do it.

As opposed to getting the applicant guidebook all started again. That would be Pandora's Box in my opinion.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Good point. Tijani your hand is still up and I know that Alan hand was up at some point and is now down.

ALAN GREENBERG: I was just going to comment that, unless we can come up with very, very specific and implementable things, it's really a bit late.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: The ship has sailed in your view.

ALAN GREENBERG: Well, I'll just say that if we can come up with something, and Carlton is making some general comments, if we can be far more specific about it, and I'm not sure we can since I don't believe the contracts are publically open, we may not even be sure of what the details are. I just don't think there is a lot that we can probably do.

We can reiterate, but it may well be possible that it's too late. I just don't know enough about the details. It's clear something else could have been done better if we had the foresight, but...

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: What we do have Alan is, I believe we still have the details of the public comment process, which wasn't a public comment process actually, was the direct input into the EIU regarding their way of weighing in the questions they were asking. We could make sure that to [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] and to let them know that they should consider perhaps also asking community members to join their panels.

But I do agree with Alan that this may be a little bit late on. I see Rinalia put her hand up...

ALAN GREENBERG: If that is still open, then we need to do that quickly. This is the case for specifics not generalities I think.

CARLTON SAMUELS: My is very specific. That's precisely what I was saying, Alan. You can ask them to add the community members to their panels, and do it in a way that doesn't cost them anything, but has benefits for them, public facing benefits. They can understand that kind of thing.

ALAN GREENBERG: I think you need to think of who the community members are we're talking about. Is it members of the community in question for each application? Or is it a generic statement? In any case, I've got to leave in three [CROSSTALK].

CARLTON SAMUELS: That would be [?] of their panels are constituted. I don't mean they're constituted the panels on a case by case basis, or a community case basis. That's not my reading of it. They have a set of people that would say, that they were [?] panelists to evaluate, and that's it. It's locked.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, I've got to leave in a minute. Olivier, do you want to quickly address the question of the ExCom mailing list or defer to another time?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I was going to first let Rinalia speak, she has been putting her hand up before both of you...

ALAN GREENBERG: I will have to leave in a minute.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Well, I'm sure Rinalia can be brief. She usually is. Go ahead Rinalia. And we can't hear you Rinalia, that doesn't help with the...

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Thank you Olivier. This is Rinalia for the transcript. I think the [CROSSTALK] in the community expertise issue...

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yup, go ahead.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Can you hear me now?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes we can hear you. Go ahead.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: I think the ball was dropped on the community expertise issue. There was a set of questions supposed to be sent in follow up to the Board's response, and the point was to basically get clarification on to what extent the EIU actually had expertise on their panel to begin with, and that question was never clarified.

Now we're in the position where we want to sort of suggest that we have community expertise, and we are offering it, and that was stated in the statement, but then the demand and supply are not meeting, because we don't know what the gap is so we can't customize it to that situation. And I think that Carlton is correct, I think that the panel will be constituted in a somewhat general way, and then try to constitute the panel to address all the variations of the cases that they agreed to do.

And I think that it's still possible to make an intervention, but we need to ask the question, sort of like, how are they dealing with community expertise on the panel that they are going to constitute? And that was never asked, Olivier, you said you were going to follow up.



---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Follow up with who? Follow up with the EIU themselves? Or follow up with the NTCP? The NTCP has basically closed the door on this, and have said, we've made a decision. We've decided that community members from At Large [AUDIO INTERFERENCE] ...correct in serving as panel members. And that's it, good-bye. That's the answer we received.

And with regards to the EIU, it's unclear as to whether the EIU is creating panels themselves. Now, the thing that we can do is to follow up with the EIU, which is what I've just mentioned, and actually ask them what their panels are made up of. It might well be that they'll also slam the door on us and say, "Well, that's none of your bloody business." Which is, I think, what they might actually be doing.

But I'm happy with following up...

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Well, actually, the ALAC has the remit to basically comment on any aspect of ICANN work, isn't it? So if the ALAC has a remit to comment on any ICANN work, and any EIU's work under ICANN's work, then you have the right to ask and they have the obligation to respond, and you can copy that to the Board as well.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Will do. Okay. Is that the message from this committee, I'm find with doing it.

---

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Alan had to leave.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Do I see anyone objecting to this? So what I will do, just to make it clear, is to write to the EIU and ask what their component is of community input in their decisions, on their panel, on their so-called panel. Is that correct?

CARLTON SAMUELS: Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [?] but we don't really care about the response from the [?] at the moment, if they decided that it was not something that they wanted to take up, then we can ask whether the EIU wants to take this up, and that will be just up to the EIU to respond. Happy with this.

CARLTON SAMUELS: Yes you can do that to make the point. Yes I think you can do that. I think it's safe for you to do that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [?] I see agreement from Tijani. I see agreement from Carlton, from Evan as well...

---

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: Sorry, I don't have Adobe Connect, remember?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, but I see that you mentioned on the Skype that ALAC has the right to ask...

CARLTON SAMUELS: By the Skype chat.

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: Yeah, I was responding, sorry Olivier. This is Evan. I was responding to what Rinalia was saying. We have the right indeed to talk to ask anyone about anything on ICANN's remit. Unfortunately, there is no mandated obligation on anyone to respond to us.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, we're in violent agreement. Let's continue. Matt is asking who am I try write. I'm to write to the EIU and ask them about the community component of their panel that they will be using. And pretty much suggesting that At Large membership, At Large members should be considered on those committee panels.

It's the same way as we have suggested this over to the NGPC. But the NGPC, we mentioned that we would have the At Large to be part of the panel, I guess outside the EIU, whilst here we're saying within the EIU. I'm hearing no shouts, I guess that's captured correctly. So let's move

---

on to the next thing which is the any other business, and I realize Alan has to go. Alan you have the floor.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Actually, I already went but I'm still on the phone anyway. The question I put in the chat, I think we, for optic sake, want to get rid of the name ExCom, and do we want to change it to ALT AT, or ALAC dash LT, since the part to the right of the at sign no longer has any reference to ALAC or At Large, I would suggest the ALAC dash LT.

The caveat on the whole thing is if we can't do this transparently, the two lists are equivalent and the archives are maintained, we'll come back and talk about it. Anyone have any preference?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for this Alan. So this concern in knowing how the mailing lists are run, is that every mailing list is entirely independent of other mailing list. So one would have to close the ExCom mailing, and open an ALT mailing list, and then there is no guarantee as to how one would continue to access the ExCom mailing list archives, whether they would remain behind or not, and how the two would be linked together.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Can I suggest...

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: ...basic concern on it. The second concern on it is that the hierarchy on the Wiki also makes use of ExCom, and then we would have to move on to ALT. I'm not sure how that would work. But that's, you know...

ALAN GREENBERG: Let's defer this to the mailing list. I really have to go at this moment now. Let's defer it to the mailing list and we'll follow up.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, thank you. As for the name, Alan suggested that this will be ALAC-LT. It would be ALAC-LT, since the first A is ALAC.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yup. Correct.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: So ALAC-LT.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. ALAC-LT is fine as well. That's just for the nomenclature, with regards to the mailing list, that is a different problem. Heidi asks in the chat, "Should Matt ask IT regarding this mailing list?" What do you mean by should Matt ask IT? [AUDIO INTERFERENCE]

---

CARLTON SAMUELS: Or you convert them.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Basically the issue about the archiving and whether they can be connected, etcetera.

UNIDENTIFIED: [?]

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I run mailing lists like those, these use mailman's, they can't be, they're all separate. They cannot be unfortunately, even the archives cannot be because it's a different archive structure so that's the big concern.

CARLTON SAMUELS: I'm amazed somebody never come over there and [?]

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Well, let Matt ask IT if they could converge these two mailing lists. One thing that can be done is to change the header on the name of this. So whenever you send an email...

CARLTON SAMUELS: Yes.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: ...or when you still have to send to ALAC ExCom, the header will actually say ALAC dash LT, rather than...

CARLTON SAMUELS: ALAC dash LT, yeah, right. That's what I thought was possible. You could, yeah.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: ...address to which you send the email to, cannot be modified, only with one [?] as one would say, and the way to do it would be to change the [alias] with sending an email over, so when email is received to the ALAC dash LT at ICANN dot org, or at At Large dash list dot ICANN dot org, that then get translated to the old mailing list address and send it to the old mailing list, so it remains there, but the header changes.

CARLTON SAMUELS: Yes, that's the way to do it.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: ...can think of. Well, that's really...

CARLTON SAMUELS: I think you're right about that.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [?] Let Matt ask. Tijani, your hand is still up. Okay, thank you. Any other, other business? I don't see anyone put their hand up now, so... Yes Evan, go ahead.

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: I apologize, it can wait. Do I assume that one statement on the pic RP is already been discussed. I don't want to...

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: It's already been discussed, yes, that's right.

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: All right. I'll put my comments into the chat. I have some real problems with it, but I'll deal with that offline.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Yeah, please put your comments on the Wiki, and there will be a week of discussions on this. The closing date for this, for ALAC and At Large comments should be the sixth, so we've got a full seven days to do this justice.

EVAN LEIBOVITCH: Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay. Thank you very much everyone, and this has been a good call. Slightly shorter than [?], which is great...



RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Olivier, I have a question.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, go ahead Rinalia. Oh, your hand is up, yes. Please.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Yeah, sorry about that. I was very pleased last night to see Leon Sanchez in the ALAC call, and it's a good sign that a new incoming ALAC member actually participated in a meeting before the official appointment takes place. I was wondering about the other two, and I was wondering whether an invitation was sent to all of them, or was that just his imitative? Does staff know?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Rinalia. Go ahead Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I'm asking Julia. Did you send the, actually they are all on the ALAC announce list already. So they all received the invitation.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: I see. Leo was the only one who basically decided that he wanted to join.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's correct yes. So, so far if I remember correctly, last month we had, we also had [?] on one of the calls, and I haven't seen [?] yet on any of the calls. But certainly it's great, and I agree with you it's great to see this gentlemen on it. It was really very positive and good to see some potentially new, very active, ALAC members.

So with these great words, thank you for reminding us of this Rinalia. And I ask any other, other business from anyone? [?] ...and having had yet again another huge blow of the well, AKA Carlton's microphone being way too loud for our ears. Carlton, you're going to have to do something about the strength of the microphone. We can hear every single sigh.

I thank you all for being on this call, and I hope that you all will have a, well, it's only Wednesday so it's not a good weekend yet, but a very good rest of the day or rest of the night. And with this, this call is now adjourned. Thanks and bye-bye.

[Various people say thank you and goodbye]

**[END OF TRANSCRIPT]**