
GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you. Welcome to everyone. On today's call we have Tijani Ben Jemaa, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Holly Raiche, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Sylvia Herlein-Leite, Pavan Budhrani, Wolf Ludwig. Apologies noted from Jose Arce, Garth Bruen, and Yuliya Morenets. From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ullrich, Matt Ashtiani, Julia Charvolen, and myself, Gisella Gruber.

I hope I haven't left anyone off the roll call. If I have, please say so now. And if I could also please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and now over to you, Sylvia.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE:

Okay. Thank you, Gisella. Well, we have this agenda and we need to approve it to include or to exclude any items. As many of you answer my e-mail doing comments about different items, I think there is weight in order to cast or not any item is to read the agenda and decide it.

I would like to say about the item number three, as you see in my message, I [inaudible] in the last meeting and maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. But I think we have discussed it in Durban and I don't know if you have any [inaudible] to say about inreach/outreach or capacity building activities. So I would like to know if we would like to talk about this Item 3 or we can cut it.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi, Darlene.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Hello, Darlene. How are you? Sylvia here. We just started the meeting. Welcome.

DARLENE THOMPSON: Hello all. I'm very sorry for being late. I had a meeting that ran over, so I'll be listening now. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. No problem. We are trying to adopt the agenda and I'm asking you what do you think about Item 3? Shall we cut it or do you like to keep it?

DARLENE THOMPSON: I should raise my hand. Tijani.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Tijani, okay. Please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Okay. Thank you, Sylvia. I think that we have a longer number, seven items. And if we need – if we want to go in depth in those points, perhaps we can suppress the item number 3. Even if for the capacity building perhaps we have to [speak] a little bit about. I don't know if we can do it now, because what we said in Durban we didn't do anything more. So, yes, we can suppress the item number 3.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Tijani. And I have Wolf disagree with that.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Hello, this is Fatimata.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Welcome, Fatimata. We are waiting for you.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Thank you. And I also agree with Tijani. Hello, everybody.

DARLENE THOMPSON: Hi, Fatimata.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Perfect. Do Fatimata – she can only stay with us the first half an hour. I would like to start with Item 6 if you permit me. Because in LACRALO, we start a discussion in order to [sign] the MOU with the – our [inaudible] LACNIC. There are a lot of concerns regarding the scope of this MOU. I would like to Fatimata could explain to us a little more about the process of signing of the MOU and for example who has the idea of that and [inaudible] to be in touch with them or some issues we were talking about in last LACRALO teleconference last – like you said in your MOU like AfriNIC shall provide financial management and administrative charges. So can you tell us something about that?

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Thank you. But I would like to know how important is that for LACRALO? I mean, is this information will help them sign the MOU or – I would like to understand better.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Do you mean about my question?

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Yes. Is this a question for you or for LACRALO?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Repeat please.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Is this question for you or for LACRALO?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: I may say it's for LACRALO because we already have a Wiki page. That's the question I'm asking you. Is it already in the Wiki page? So we have our teleconference. We have a lot of misunderstanding about the meaning of the MOU. As you tell us in Durban, you already signed it with AfriNIC. That's why I'm asking you that, only to have an idea how was the process.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Okay. So this is what happens. When we decided to organize – I mean to reach out to other – to universities and local organization in South Africa, we tried to raise funds and [inaudible] with Google but then

there comes a huge problem about management of the funds because we couldn't give it to ICANN. We couldn't have it in one of the ALS and we don't have an ACRALO recognized [status]. That was one problem.

The second one was about organizing the logistics. Contacting people, booking planes, hotel and all that – all the travel, all the ICANN travel is doing for us. Because ICANN travel was not – it had a very short notice. That was one thing. And the other thing was that it's not even their mandate to do that for us to manage [inaudible] outside of ICANN.

So I knew it really looks like crazy. How are we going to solve this? Even I thought at some point to have my ALS [inaudible]. But it's not possible to [inaudible] and do. And Tijani's ALS could not do it either because it's from [Tunisia]. I mean, it was a real headache. And that's why we thought of AfriNIC.

So we contacted them and asked about it and they said, "Well, we can do it for you because you do it for other organizations for the African regions." That's how the [synch] started. We already had some working relationship with them in terms – with the African Internet Summit and AFRALO was invited for the workshop [inaudible] and that was the first partnership we had. So that was one point.

This is why you have to put all this together, not only the finance and management of the funds with that from Durban. And this will give us a framework for future funds AFRALO will be getting to have them managed by AfriNIC. So that's one side it.

So anyone – with how to work together to undertake legal activities for end users. So that's about it. We [accept] the system works. Right now

we're working towards capacity building program for end users, for example. This is already a global framework where we'll be able to work together to achieve [inaudible] have right now. So that's what it is.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Fatimata. Now it's more clear. Can I ask the other leaders? Maybe Holly please. You have the floor.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you, Fatimata. After the discussion, I had a preliminary discussion with somebody from APNIC, their sort of PR person right under the CEO, and he was I suppose very happy to discuss the concept of an MOU and he said what he wanted was some feedback as to what was in it. What APNIC already does is offer a number of free training. They offer online courses. They actually do workshops and so forth.

So I think the relationship we would have with them would be a little bit different because they already do workshops. They already do a range of stuff and his question was, what is it that we do that you're interested in? And so what I was planning to do at the next APRALO meeting would be to say, "Please, everybody. Have a look at the APNIC site, particularly their training, and see what is it that you're interested in in capacity building and if something costs then it is likely that they would either discount or pay for the cost. But a lot of it is just free and they do it on their own [bat].

So I think our relationship with them will be different but they are keen for us to define what it is they want and that's why I found the discussion that Fatimata has had on this very interesting. I just think

each RALO will have a slightly different relationship with their RIR.
Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Holly. What I want talking – asking to you, if each RALO are thinking to take and to sign an MOU with their RIR, so I would like to know about the other RALOs, if they are thinking to sign too. We have Tijani asking for the floor. Please, Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Yes, thank you. Fatimata explained you what triggered the signature of the MOU. But the MOU was linked about a specific action. The MOU is a general framework. To implement the help they give us for Durban, we signed another agreement which is based on the MOU, and now we are preparing other agreements for other actions.

What I mean now is that the MOU must be the general framework of the relationship between the RIR and the RALO. They think it's a very, very important thing for At-Large and for the RALOs. Even before Durban, in the Summit, the African Internet Summit, which is organized by the AfriNIC, they give us the opportunity to organize enough RALO session that we conceived, we organized, and everything was very good. It was a pity because we had personal problems to go there. But we were expected to intervene not only in our session but also in other sessions. So I think that as much as we have a good relationship with the RIR, we will have more benefits for our ALSs. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Perfect, Tijani. So it's good to know that you have – we are preparing another MOU.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Please explain me again.

TIJANI BEN JEMMA: Sylvia, I said – I say again that the MOU is a general framework. Only one time. And based on this MOU, each action or each operation you want to do with the RIR, we perhaps need a special agreement for it. That's what I said.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Sorry. My mistake. Okay. Perfect. Thank you. Thank you for that. Okay. Darlene wrote here about NARALO. I don't know if you want to say something about NARALO, Darlene.

DARLENE THOMPSON: No. I'm just amazed at the progress that the other regions have made and I feel like NARALO is really lagging and we need to do better. So that is something that I am definitely going to work on. Thank you very much for all of your comments, because frankly, we hadn't even thought of it. So we're going to do better on that. Thank you very much.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Darlene. I don't know if Wolf would like to say something about EURALO about that.

WOLF LUDWIG: Yes, I can. Actually, Darlene, this doesn't mean that other regions are far more advanced than NARALO is. We discussed this issue, this option, some time ago but we never had any, let's say, concrete situation to enter into any action with our regional [RIR] which is [inaudible]. We do have since some years, we do have close [collaborations] for [inaudible] projects like the European Dialogue and Internet Governance (EuroDIG). [inaudible] is a sponsor since more than three years. We do have collaboration and sponsoring from RIPE NCC for EuroSSIG, what is European Summer School on Internet Governance. But we didn't have it so far in closer conjunction with EURALO.

But as the idea was brought up in Durban and a particular session was [inaudible] on this issue, we discussed this [with] the CEO of RIPE NCC. What about formalizing a closer collaboration between EURALO and RIPE NCC and say expressed strong interest to enter into such discussion and such collaboration.

Then we've got a [sample] of MOU from AFRALO and I would like to than Fatima once again for [inaudible] this MOU, because [inaudible] framework which cannot [inaudible] one to one for any other region in my opinion but can offer a frame for discussion. So we will forward it as a discussion paper to RIPE NCC asking them whether they would agree to this type of an MOU, whether they would like to go into more detail, whether it should be shaped as a basic framework as we just heard from AFRALO what is the case there. And all further collaboration, all further

projects, etc. will be dealt with in different agreements on the basis of the MOU.

I think this is going basically in the right direction and offers some very helpful advice to EURALO in the next couple of weeks or the next months, let's say, until the end of this year. It's our goal to accomplish such discussions and to come up with some concrete results, and we will of course keep you informed about any further steps.

Perhaps one opportunity could be RIPE NCC has a regional meeting in Europe the beginning of October in Greece a couple of days before the next Ukrainian IGF and we will ask RIPE NCC whether they could offer some financial support to one or two EURALO members to participate in the regional IGFs, in [such] national IGFs like the Ukrainian IGF and others because these IGFs offer for us a great opportunity for any next outreach, etc. in a particular country. As you all now, up until now, we never could afford to go by our own means if we are not invited by the organizers [inaudible] organizers, but if RIPE NCC could provide some travel [inaudible], etc. in this direction, it would be already a great starting point. So we are grateful for any other advice and ideas, etc. and we will continue other [inaudible]. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE:

Okay. Well, perfect. Good news. Darlene, would you like to talk?

DARLENE THOMPSON:

Yes, thank you. Wolf, thank you so much for that information. That's perfect. Two points, actually. One, I would also like to see copies of the MOUs if Fatimata, if you could send me the copy of your MOU with your

RIR, that would be so helpful for us to be able to start a dialogue with our own RIR.

Also, I was wondering if anybody could give a quick rundown – very quick. Wolf did mention the travel that would be of benefit, of course, to EURALO. That's a huge benefit. But what other cross-sharing [statements] could we do? What benefits would, say, NARALO get from the RIR? But what also could we give back to the RIR to make it a beneficial win-win situation between the two? Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Darlene, thank you. Any comments about that item? Holly, please. Fatimata first.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Okay. Thank you. I think [inaudible] the MOU draft [inaudible] LACRALO. Yeah. Maybe you can share this with the other RALOs, too.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. I have posted the LACRALO one on the chart. I would post the AFRALO one as well, Fatimata; and I can send you, Darlene, both.

FATIMATA SEYE SYLLA: Thank you, Silvia. I have to leave. But I'm very happy to have you – Darlene, we miss you and I hope you're doing fine now. Hello to everybody and goodbye.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you.

WOLF LUDWIG: Bye, bye, Fatimata.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Holly, do you want to say something?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yeah. I would say, first of all, I'd like to support the idea that everybody gets a copy of the MOU – all of us – so we are operating from the same base. That will be very useful.

In terms of, I think, benefit, Darlene, it's a little bit hard to say. But look, in the ICANN structure, if you think that we are all part of the same structure – and we sometimes forget that – but this is I suppose in a multi-stakeholder organization, which is essentially what ICANN is, to assist multi-stakeholder participation I would think would be very useful.

I think the benefits really are going to differ because of the different offerings and the way that the different RIRs operate. I think in terms of the APNIC, because of what they do, which is an awful lot of training, it may be that our individual ALSs can help them both in terms of I suppose participating in the training, but indicating the needs for outreach in particular areas which will assist them. That was my thought, Darlene.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay, thank you. Wolf, Please.

WOLF LUDWIG: Referring to Darlene's questions on potential benefits or why should RIRs be interested to closer operate with RALOs, we found out on the European level since we started our collaboration at the EuroDIG level that RIPE NCC realized that so far they have acted in a rather isolated matter, concentrating possibly too much on the technical community and they realized that their concerns as our regional Internet registries, they represent one particular point of view, but they haven't included in the context of a multi-stakeholder model, they have not so much included so far other points of view and the concerns of the Internet users and they realized more and more. This is a [inaudible], so to say, because some years ago they wouldn't have taken us so serious.

But since EURALO became a major player and a major driving force for EuroDIG, they more or less realized relevance of EURALO on the European discussion platforms, our close contacts with Council of Europe and other relevant European institutions. And suddenly, they realized there may be a benefit and may be some added value in a closed collaboration and exchange of opinions between the two.

This, in my opinion, is a perfect ground and starting point to enter into closer relationship and now to figure out and discuss in details would could be the mutual benefits for long-term collaboration between the two. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Wolf. Darlene, you can speak now.

DARLENE THOMPSON: Oh, thank you very much, Wolf and Holly. That really did help. I guess what I'm also looking for – and you're right. Even just to start a dialogue is so important because we haven't had that dialogue. And I'm very ashamed to say that [Erin] actually started the dialogue with NARALO in that they have a fellowship program and they sent it to us and said, "Could you put this across your mailing list?" So obviously they are interested in us and we just haven't followed up and I'm very ashamed to say that.

So I would love to hear what the models are. Maybe not on this conference call, but maybe in e-mail, to say what kind of sharing that is happening within the other RALOs to the RIRs are happening right now so that I can get a fuller idea of this and to propose it to the NARALO since this is obviously not being done here. I'd like to present this in a way that will make people go, "Yeah, we need to sit up and listen and do this." So I'm hoping I can get the support from the other RALOs to help me to do this, because you guys are obviously doing so much better in this than we are and we need to do this big time. So thank you very much all.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Darlene. Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you, Sylvia. To respond to the question of Darlene about the benefit, the material benefit, I think that RIR will also need our help. First of all, when we signed the MOU, it wasn't for benefit. They are not

to [gain] for benefit. In fact, they will have benefit. I will give an example.

You know that now, especially in our region, we have a problem to convince people to [immigrate] to IPv6. AfriNIC have [inaudible] in each country of Africa. But they are more technical [inaudible]. They are not able alone to convince the users, the [older] users because we need to outreach to all users because they are the users who will decide to [immigrate] to IPv6.

We, as AFRALO, we have ALSs in almost each country and we can organize events to outreach to the users, to the companies, to all kinds of users and convince them of the benefit to [immigrate] to IPv6 and I think it will be for the benefit of AfriNIC.

It is not the only way they will get benefit. I think that any corporation, they are convinced of that. They want to work with us. I am so happy for that because people there are very open and they understand very well the role of the end users. That's all. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE:

Thank you, Tijani. I think we are done with that item. I would like to ask Silvia to send us the two models we already have. But I would like to say that LACRALO models, it's only a copy of AFRALO models. So I think we can concentrate in AFRALO model and it's okay, right? Okay.

So I think we can go to talk about our action items. As you know, now we have a special Wiki page where we can get all the action items. From there, we have two for this meeting, and the first one is about the ALS application form. I saw Holly answer something in my e-mail talking

about this point. I don't know if she wants to say something about that action item. Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, Sylvia. Yes, I did have a little look at the action item. I was trying to remember the discussion at Durban. I think the question of accessibility was really how do people find out where the form is. Is it clear? Now, I was supposed to talk to Dev, and maybe Dev can add to this. I think my problem is I found it so easily I didn't understand that was the problem, so I was a little bit confused about the action item.

I also had a look at the application form itself. It might be simplified a little bit, but the information that is sought is the sort of information that we as ALAC and ALSs actually need in order to make a decision on individual applications.

So I'm not sure what further we have to do. But Dev, if you are on the phone, I'd appreciate you having a comment on what we meant, because I was a little bit puzzled as to why we thought the form wasn't particularly accessible. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE:

Thank you, Holly. I don't know if, Dev, would you like to say something about that? Okay, we have Tijani. Please, Tijani, go on.

TIJANI BEN JEMMA:

Yes, thank you. In Durban we spoke about the application because it is a Word format because it was not online. Also because there is not all the information required. So that we will not ask if this application is valid or

not, because you remember, when we got applications and then we looked after and we saw that perhaps it's not a good application afterwards because [inaudible] application all the information we may have to ensure that the application is very good.

So this is what we discussed in Durban. I think that we have to look at the content of the application, but also we have to think about putting it online using another format, etc. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Tijani. Dev, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Can you hear me?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Yes, perfectly.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Great, thank you. Well, Tijani touched on a key point that [inaudible] was that the form was just a doc file that somebody had to download, print, and fill out manually and then scan it in and e-mail it. So [they] wanted to make it online so it can be an online form, you fill it out online and then click "Submit" and all the information is sent. So that was his key concern on that point.

I agree that you have to look at updating the form a little bit. I'm not sure about subtracting information, though. I think all of the information is important and does need to be asked in the first place for

us to make an appropriate decision whether to accredit them or not.
That's it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Dev. Please, Wolf.

WOLF LUDWIG: I was surprised when I got to know that findings of [inaudible] application form onto [inaudible]. I checked it and it's easy to find on the EURALO workspace, so I never could see it as a basic problem of the RIR [inaudible] procedure. [inaudible] the point of concern that came to our mind, and actually this was raised last year when we had applicants from Europe, from Switzerland. It was Swiss Privacy Foundation. They sent the application form, and as you all know, this goes into a due diligence procedure, etc. until the regional advice is – until it's getting certified by At-Large. Then the Privacy Foundation pointed me to the elements that the [DD] Forms, which contains confidential information openly sent via e-mails and they are easy to be retrieved by any Google research, etc. But is according to their feelings violating any basic principles of confidentiality, etc. And as a matter of fact, immediately afterwards, they destroyed the application and didn't want to become a member of EURALO.

I wrote this to At-Large staff during the procedure and I asked whether this could be treated in a better way to provide a better confidentiality during the [DD] procedure, etc. and I consider this as a far more relevant problem than the point of [inaudible] to the application form.

From my point of view for European feelings, accessibility is not the key issue. It's a question how we can assure a better confidentiality during the DD procedure. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Wolf. I think we have another action item related to RALO policy development. I saw Wolf and Holly send something by e-mail. I don't know if they want to say something here to be on the record about that. Holly, please.

HOLLY RAICHE: I think before we do that, I'm just wondering how we sign off on the issue of the form, because there are, to me, two issues. One, now, Dev, I really do remember the discussion. And when I think about it, a Word document is really not something we should be doing. Is there an action item that is about not only being able to fill a form in online but then to ensure confidentiality? I think maybe there's an action item on us to look for solutions on both of those areas.

Anyway, that said, when we looked at the workspace, it wasn't clear to me what we would want to put on it because we have a policy development page and I really don't want to have lots of policy development pages because people won't know where to go.

So before we have a cross-RALO page, I'd want to be really clear as to what it does, the sorts of things that are on it and the way it's used; otherwise it's going to be yet another page and it won't be populated.

So my thoughts were that it would be used for things such as the action items and discussion on what we talk about in this meeting. For example, we would talk about content use. We might talk about how we progress accessibility. But I don't think I want to call it a policy page. I think that's just confusing. I'd like to have it simply as a workspace for cross-RALO. I think that's the summation of what I had to say. I think Wolf agreed with me, but I'll let Wolf say so. He's checked off. Okay. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE:

Okay, thank you, Holly. Yes, Wolf agrees and me too. And I think we need to think about that. I don't know if Wolf wants to say something about this.

WOLF LUDWIG:

Well, if you ask me directly, I will [inaudible] again for the transcript. Let's make it short. I completely agree with the reasoning of Holly. Please keep in mind we are inside us and inside us we can overlook the variety of existing spaces. But for outsiders and newcomers, any high number quantity of spaces is easily getting confusing and doesn't offer much orientation.

Therefore, my approach to this question would be not to create for each particular need a new workspace, but trying to optimize existing spaces where we can offer new information in a more structured [inaudible] easy to access and can be found by interested people. It's not so much the quantity that counts. I think it's far more the quality. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thanks, Wolf. Dev, please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Actually, I do agree with what Holly is saying regarding using specific action items, keep it under the cross-RALO workspace. I just [inaudible] move away from the application form because my comment is more directed towards that.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Yeah.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, very quickly. My question was, regarding Wolf, the thing is regarding due diligence forms and so forth that typically those aren't supposed to be shared publicly in the first place. I think what happened with [inaudible] process due to [inaudible] the public list [inaudible] in retrospect should not have been.

So my thinking is that if the information regarding the application form should be – oh, dear. I'm sorry, I'm breaking up on you. My [inaudible] listed on the form I think should be public. That's it. I'll stop now.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Dev. Please, Darlene. You have the floor.

DARLENE THOMPSON: Dang, Dev. I really wanted to hear what you were going to say. I guess I'm forwarding one of Garth's concerns, which may not necessarily reflect my own concerns. It's worried about should the form be a Word document? Well, no. A Word document seemed to be out. So how should be we be doing this? Should it be an online form or what?

So I think he would like to see if I'm reading his mind properly, is to get – what type of form should we have there? Should it be an online form, which I think is what he's pushing for, or what should it be? I guess that's my question to the group. Garth isn't here, so I'm kind of, as I say, trying to read his mind and push that out there.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Darlene. Because we have only four minutes, I would like to say in Durban, we [raised] the necessity to have an At-Large regional leadership meeting in order to prepare the ATLAS-2. I would like to suggest not to have a separate meeting. I don't know what you think. But I think we can manage to have maybe half-an-hour of our Secretariat meeting to talk only about ATLAS-2. Maybe we can have a one hour-and-a-half meeting instead to have another separate meeting only to talk about ATLAS-2. I don't know. What do you think about that? We have only four minutes. Darlene, please. You are the first one.

DARLENE THOMPSON: Yes, I think that would be an excellent idea. I would gladly give my time for that. Also, I'm wondering what the privacy concerns are in regards to the way that we deal with the new ALS applications right now, because right now they're only given out to the ALAC into a group which includes

leadership. So that seems to be fairly private to me. I'm just wondering what other concerns there are. I'm sorry if I'm playing catch up here because I wasn't at Durban, and I'm sorry for the stupid questions. Thank you all.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Darlene. Okay. I see Holly [inaudible] to have one hour and a half meeting. I don't know if anyone could agree with that. Yes, Tijani, thank you. So maybe we can ask to Gisela or Silvia maybe we can prepare Doodle to have – I don't know – in four weeks, we can have the next meeting. I think at least we have less than a year to London for [inaudible] so maybe we can have a monthly meeting. So maybe Gisela can do it.

SILVIA VIVANCO: We will send a Doodle for a monthly call for this cross- RALO Secretariat meeting. I just wanted to mention that I think Heidi will also have a special Organizing Committee for ATLAS-2. So perhaps it may not be necessary to have half-an-hour of this cross-RALO meeting dedicated exclusively to ATLAS-2. Perhaps less time, because we will have a special meeting for ATLAS-2 [inaudible]. Correct, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just to clarify, there is already an ATLAS-2 Organizing Committee and it's very well represented by all of the RALOs. I assume that, as in Durban and as we get closer to the London Summit that there will be a formal meeting of this Organizing Committee. I didn't quite follow the

suggestion of Silvia. Was it to not have a regional meeting in Buenos Aires [inaudible] meeting, the ATLAS-2 Organizing Committee meeting?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: I'm asking that because Jose in Durban suggested that we have a separate meeting all the leaders. In our Secretariat meeting in Durban, Jose suggested that. That's why I'm asking you and I'm suggesting not to do another meeting because we have a lot of work already and I know we have a committee organizing that. That's why I'm asking all you about that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So just to clarify, Jose is asking for a meeting of all of the RALO Secretariats with the Organizing Committee?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Or just a regional secretariat's meeting?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: No.

HEIDI ULLRICH: A combined one, a joint one. Got it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: So that's why I'm asking you because I heard the audio from the Durban meeting, so that's why I'm asking all you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Could we possibly suggest to Eduardo and Olivier who are the co-chairs of the ATLAS-2 Organizing Committee whether there should be a joint meeting of the RALO Secretariats and the ATLAS-2 Organizing Committee maybe in a two-hour meeting, so all issues can be discussed?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Yeah. [inaudible]. Maybe it's not necessary.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, could I ask for your thoughts, please?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Olivier is agreeing.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It takes a little while for me to unmute. I'm open to any of the meetings, really. If you think it's going to be helpful to have such a meeting, then let's go ahead with it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Olivier. Tijani, please.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: I agreed with Silvia's proposal. I agreed to [educate] part of the [inaudible] meeting to the ATLAS-2. It's because I want the RALOs to see how ready are the ALSs and to exchange experience in this [field]. It is different from the ATLAS-2 population work. So it is a part of the Secretariat meeting dealing with what each RALO did to make the ALSs ready for the Summit. This is the idea behind my approval of the idea of Silvia. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Thank you, Tijani. I agree with that. Please, Darlene.

DARLENE THOMPSON: I totally agree with Olivier. Any extra time that it might take on my part, I'm willing to give. I also agree with Tijani to hear what the RALOs are doing to prepare their ALSs. However, I would also encourage perhaps the Secretariat's Group to be in communication with the ATLAS-2 Group to communicate those needs to the ATLAS-2 Group so that they can be working on them and perhaps have some kind of report coming back to us. I feel like I'm wearing two hats here because I'm in both groups and I feel like I'm talking to myself. But really, that's important.

And to say this is a requirement or this is what we would expect and this is what we would expect in a meeting at the next face-to-face meeting. So could we please have a report on this and what are you doing? I think then we could perhaps maybe hopefully cut down on the length of the time of the meeting if we can have this conversation online prior to that. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Darlene. Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just to clarify. You're asking to have the ATLAS-2 Organizing Communicate be in contact with the cross-RALO Secretariats prior to Buenos Aires, and then in Buenos Aires have a joint meeting perhaps of 90 minutes to two hours. Is that correct?

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, great. Let me go ahead and I'll send a quick note to Eduardo and to Olivier and they can respond. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN-LEITE: Okay. Thank you, Heidi, and thank you all for your time, for your patience with my English. It was a pleasure to be with you and I think we are done here. Bye, bye. Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you, everyone. The meeting has been adjourned and the audio will now be disconnected. Thank you for joining.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]