
SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Hello. Good evening, good afternoon. We are now beginning this call. This is the call on Monday the 14th at 2100 UTC. This is the LACRALO Buenos Aires Organizing Committee. Now I will give the floor to Staff for the roll call. Please go ahead.

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Thank you very much. This is Julia from Staff speaking. Welcome everyone to the LACRALO Buenos Aires Organizing Committee on Monday, the 14th of October 2013 at 2100 UTC. On the call today we have, on the Spanish channel, Johnny Laureano, Sylvia Herlein Leite, Alberto Soto, Juan Manuel Rojas, Aida Noblia, Marcelo Telez, Carlos Aguirre, Leon Sanchez and Carlos Vera.

On the English channel we have Olivier Crépin-Leblond. From Staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco and myself, Julia Charvolen. We have no apologies. Our interpreters today are Veronica and Sabrina. May I please remind all participants to state their names before speaking for transcript purposes, but also for the interpreters to identify the speakers on the other channel. Please also speak at a reasonable pace to allow accurate interpretation. Thank you and over to you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Julia. First of all I would like to apologise because I was not able to participate in previous calls, so perhaps I will be asking you certain things that are clear for you but not for me. According to the

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Agenda, the first Item that we should consider is to do with catering options. I see that Staff have kindly posted the budget that the Sheraton Hotel has given us for 60 people.

So I would like to ask Silvia Vivanco to give us a summary regarding this estimate for catering and then I'll give the floor to all of you for you to tell me if we know the sponsors for the cocktails. I had the opportunity to speak to someone regarding Google, because Google could help us to fund part of this catering, but I didn't know if the value that the ICANN Staff has spoken about was for this or for another issue. So perhaps Silvia Vivanco could help me with this?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Well, regarding the estimate, the budget I find to be \$1,200 and we can assign a part of this to catering. The rest would be for souvenirs. So we have certain flexibility in this sense. As I said before, we have \$1,200. I had found out with our meeting Staff that I have two estimates for budget; one for 60 people – and this is for the amount of \$3,484. This includes food, wine and beer. Basically empanadas and hot meals are the hot options, and then we have the cold option. This is canapés or finger food.

And for the second part for 100 people we have \$4,800. So we have two types of budget. There is a third option which is not considered in the AC room and it only considers drinks. This could be for one hour or at least an hour and a half for a total amount of \$800. Or else we can have drinks with some snacks. This is the amount per person. As you

can see we have options and unfortunately the prices start quite high. So this is the offer that was provided by the Sheraton Hotel. We could also bring food in from outside, but this is not allowed.

So these are the budgets we are dealing with right now. I repeat, there is \$1,200 that we can provide on the part of ICANN, as At-Large Staff. Are there any questions?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you very much Silvia. Well, we are not having... The budget is not enough for the drinks with the \$1,200 we have provided by ICANN. So, do we know whether we can have an external aid to complete the remaining value or should we also add snacks? Alberto, you have the floor. Go ahead please. He is not hearing us. He seems to be typing. This was discussed in previous meetings. Do we have an external aid, a sponsor, who would help us pay for the cocktails?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

By now, according to our last call, we had several discussions regarding this. We discussed the possibility of contacting different sponsors but I don't know if we have had any positive replies. Up till now we have no sponsor available.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Could you please repeat the amount for drinks only?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, we can have drinks for 60 people for \$800. Then if we want to have snacks we have another option and this will cost \$25 per person.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: And this would amount to a total of...? Well, I don't know what Alberto's comment was, but perhaps since we don't have a sponsor yet do we have a certain deadline to confirm that for or not?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I will take this information – I think we have to do it as soon as possible, perhaps 15 days beforehand would be the minimum, but I will check the deadline.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Well, this is more than double of what we have, so perhaps we should leave the rest and take only the drinks until we get someone who might help us to fund this. Are there any comments? I will read what Alberto has typed. He has problems with his phone.

He says that up to now, despite many tries, [Mika Jantina? 09:18] is already available for the Congress. Cabase is not able to provide support because he does not have any budget available and we still have to contact Sebastián Bellagamba from the ISOC International and this will be our last try with Microsoft. We need to have an idea of the value to

see if Google Argentina or Google Latin America would be able to help us. If we decide that the cocktails are the most important, or else if we decide that the souvenirs are the most important things, we can try and get a sponsor aid from them. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you. I'm just wondering if it might be useful, given that right now there is a total budget of \$1,200, if we did just go ahead with the drinks and some light, dry snacks for \$800, that would still allow \$400 for a small number of tango dancers, I believe. So perhaps that would be a good combination – drinks and dancing? And then afterwards people can make their way to dinner for a more substantive meal. So that might be a suggestion; that unless you get additional sponsorship that we just go with that. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you very much Heidi. Could you please rephrase your point regarding the dinner?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Just a comment that if we just go with the drinks and the dancing, for a total of \$800 then people on their own can go for dinner afterwards. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Okay, thank you very much Heidi. Silvia is saying that we can perhaps consider these two budgets. Who is speaking?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto. Well, I have contacted Anthony. He is the Director of Cabase. He told me that they don't have money to sponsor us, but he gave me an idea for ISOC International, led by Sebastián Bellagamba. I have two options remaining because I was considering NIC Argentina but NIC Argentina is sponsoring the whole meeting, so the only option that we have is Sebastián Bellagamba from ISOC International and then our last try would be Microsoft.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Alberto, just a question: despite the fact that NIC Argentina is sponsoring the meeting, we had a conversation with Natalia Enciso in Durban, so were you able to ask them about this? Go ahead Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Well, I was not able to go above them but because I spoke to someone, and since they were sponsoring the meeting they thought they wouldn't be able to do it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: I have another remark. This has to do with the dollar. I sent information regarding the souvenirs and I only got one reply. We do not have time, because we need to [inaudible 13:47] certain issues and we need to have that available for the 5th of next month. For example, we need to take into account if the key ring we were going to use would be the material. We also need to define other issues.

I circulated an email to the participants regarding printing a logo for the Buenos Aires meeting, and I sent on that email the picture of the key ring and the logo, which is the little logo of ICANN Buenos Aires. I don't know if that would cost the 10 Argentinian Pesos that we were estimated, to ask for the 150 key chains that we were requesting. But we need to see how we can get the money for that.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Alberto. I was going to ask you about that. What is the total budget for the key rings? Do we have that in written?

ALBERTO SOTO: Well, that is 10 Pesos and 90 cents with the simple printing and then we have that listed [adidos? 15:25] dollar official value, and that amounts to \$1.85 per key ring.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: And the idea is to have 150, right?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, that's the idea. And that amounts to \$278.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Okay, thank you very much Alberto. And we still don't have a sponsor for that, right?

ALBERTO SOTO: That's right.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: I think it would be convenient to discuss here if we like the logo that was modified, done by you, Alberto, and whether we agree with that. We should wait for them to reply and give you the final cost of the logo on the key ring and then by email we can answer you, letting you know whether we will go ahead with it or not. But it would also be important to have a sponsor to know where the money will come from. I see [Denisio? 16:48] has typed that we will need \$300 to have the key rings.

So, what do you think about this? I don't know if you have read the email circulated by Alberto. I see that some of them have answered that they like it. I would say that I like it very much. I think the logo would be very good. The idea would be to have this printed with the phrase "LACRALO Showcase". Heidi is also telling us about the value.

So, I would like to know, regarding the tango show, if we have written in any budget to have this option, so as to send all these together with the sponsorship requests, to send all the budgets in writing to the sponsors for them. And this would have to be done very quickly because we are very short on time. Do we have the budget in writing for the tango show?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Raul Bauer is not on the call but he sent some time ago an email stating that he could find a couple dancing tango for \$1,000. I don't know if that is the normal or regular value. Perhaps someone based in Buenos Aires could find a more economical option because that would be for the beginning of the showcase and then at the end perhaps the price is a bit high. Perhaps if we could get any other proposals that would be interesting to see.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Okay. I do remember before the creation of the Committee I was finding out about the tango show and I was told that the cost was \$4,000. So if Raul had a tango show for \$1,000 that is a very good price. I see that on the AC room most people have said that they like the logo. Alberto, I can tell you that we like the logo and I would like to ask you to give us the final amount because this is approved.

I see that Carlos is saying that with the \$1,200 from ICANN we would have budget for the drinks and key ring, but we would need to ask

Google for \$1,000 for the tango dancers, or even for the key rings. Perhaps there might be someone who can contribute with \$300 and we can leave the rest of the money for any other issue. Heidi is typing something. She's asking whether we would like ICANN to pay for the drinks and the souvenirs.

Well, I think it would be a question of going out and finding sponsors, and if there is any sponsor who would like to pay for anything and then redistribute the money – that would be fine. Dev is requesting the floor. Go ahead Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Apologies for my being here late, there were traffic delays. I'm going to ask a question that perhaps has been answered before. I'm looking at a chart and a table here and I'm seeing relatively high costs for catering. But I just want to find out – we were supposed to be approaching Anthony Harris and so forth. Is it that he declined to sponsor any amount for the showcase? Thanks for that.

Can somebody answer that? I'm confused as to why we're not approaching any sponsors, from what I'm hearing, and asking ICANN to pay from what is a very limited budget. Thanks.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Dev. I will give the floor to Alberto because he can address Dev's question. Alberto, go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO: I sent an email to Dev, if I'm not wrong, and I told him that I would contact Tony Harris. Tony Harris was contacted before by Raul Bauer on behalf of his own organization that couldn't be the sponsor. When I returned to the country I participated in what was my first meeting last week. I contact Tony Harris and he confirmed that eCom-LAC cannot take this responsibility. And Cabase doesn't have a budget either.

So Tony Harris couldn't work out the sponsorship with either of these organizations and he couldn't take the responsibility of seeking sponsors. He just gave me a couple of contacts or people to contact. I tried with one of them to no avail and I'm seeing if I can go further up in these organizations. That is my reply. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Alberto. And to complete this reply to Dev – Dev, we have a third budget, only for drinks, for the amount of \$800 and for the time being we'll have to stick to this budget with this service only; only drinks. Although we will keep on trying to get a sponsor for this. Carlos Aguirre, now you have the floor. Go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Can you hear me?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Yes, go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: I think that we should expediently resolve this in the interest of the tight schedule that we have between now and the meeting. And for instance if we don't decide on the key rings then the key rings will not be ready on time. It would be great to decide to use this \$1,200 provided by ICANN to pay for the drinks and the key rings. In that way we have the drinks... [Carlos disconnects]

We can also get a musician instead of dancers and that could be less expensive than the dancers. I believe that figure is quite high. I believe that Alberto could get somebody else for a much lower price, but I would definitely allocate the \$1,200 to the drinks.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Carlos, your audio is a little bit choppy, we cannot hear you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: I can sum up what Carlos said. His proposal is to use... [overtalking] Carlos's proposal is to use the \$1,200 provided by ICANN and allocate it to the souvenirs that Alberto is working on and to the drinks. Can you please let me know if you agree on the Adobe Connect? Can you show whether you agree with Carlos's proposal please? Aida agrees with that proposal. I agree with that proposal because this is something we need to have – at least drinks and souvenirs.

Alberto also agrees with this proposal. Marcelo Telez also agrees and Heidi is asking: "\$800 for drinks, dry snacks and \$400 for souvenirs?" Yes Heidi, this is what we are agreeing on right now. And we would work on obtaining a sponsor or a sponsorship for the dancers. Luis is also in agreement. Thank you very much Luis. So most of us agree with this proposal. Tomorrow Alberto will give us the definite cost of the key rings. Alberto you have the floor.

ALBERTO SOTO: Sorry, that hand was from before. I put my hand down. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Yes, but in any event, Alberto, tomorrow you will have the final cost of the key rings. Let us hope it does not go beyond \$400.

ALBERTO SOTO: I think it will be even lower than that and I will look for another type of show that may be lower than \$1,000 or cheaper than that.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Carlos, you have the floor.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Thank you Sylvia. I just wanted to make sure that you had heard my proposal and I see that you had. My proposal was to have, instead of

tango dancers, to have a tango musician that is very traditional, very... Aida Noblia agrees. And we can get that musician for \$500, 1,000 Pesos, instead of \$1,000. Of course, these events are very important and people want to charge a higher fee, but Alberto can look for a much cheaper or less expensive option.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Carlos. Let us hope that Alberto finds a less expensive option. Heidi wonders if any of us can dance tango. Well, let us start rehearsing. Any comment on this? You have one month to practice. You have one month to get in shape. Aida likes the idea and I support it. I support Carlos Aguirre as the dancer. [laughter]

ALBERTO SOTO: Please do not count me in for that.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: You too, you are very good looking Alberto and I will not read Carlos's comment on the chat. Basically we still have some time and we will wait for Alberto's budget in writing for any other dancing show or music show with a musician instead of dancers. Regarding sponsorship there are plenty of things to take care of but we have analyzed or discussed this topic. Is there any further comment on this topic at this point?

Carlos? You have your hand up? I don't know if that is from before or if you would like to take the floor at this point? Okay, I see you've put

down your hand. Thank you Carlos. Okay, so we have received some emails... Surely you must have read them on the list. We received emails from Johnny Laureano, Fatima, Alejandro Pisante, Leon... Regarding the activities that will take place not during the showcase but throughout the time we will spend together at the Buenos Aires meeting.

I don't know if you have addressed this topic within this Committee or if we should address this topic on our next LACRALO call. Does anyone want to make a comment on this? I see that Johnny is on the call. I don't know if he would like to comment on this. Johnny? [silence] I am worried because I have seen several emails on the list about making the most of this time; making the most of a time in which many LACRALO organizations will get together for the occasion of the Buenos Aires meeting. So we should make the most of this time for some activities.

So I would like to know if anybody would like to make a comment on this topic or if we should address it on our next LACRALO call. Okay. Another topic we need to address today is... Excuse me, Silvia Vivanco would like to take the floor.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes, on this note I have a questions of all of you. I wanted to confirm the speakers for the showcase. As I said, we have a welcome address by José Arce. Then I have Olivier as one of the speakers, then Fadi Chehadé, then Carlson and Natalia, then LACRALO ALSes presentation.

And I don't know if you were going to use a video to this end? And finally a wrap-up speech by the sponsor.

So I wanted to reconfirm this so that we can invite the speakers and give them one month's time to write this down on their schedules, because as you know they are all very busy. Then, if you're going to use a video, please let me know.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Silvia. Heidi is asking whether Sebastian could take the floor for some minutes? Carlos is asking for the floor. Carlos, go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Thank you Sylvia. I agree. I think those are the speakers we had thought about – José, Olivier, Carlson, Fadi and Natalia. Of course I do not mind giving Sebastian a few minutes. [audio unclear]

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Carlos, your audio is a little bit choppy, please excuse us.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Can you hear me now?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Yes, go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: As I was saying...

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Carlos, you were speaking about the video. That is where your audio cut off a little bit.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Yes, about the video... If we do not have someone that can edit all the videos sent by the ALSes it's going to be very hard to prepare a single video to showcase during this event. If we had someone in charge of the addition, okay, great, go ahead with the video. Each ALS could send a very brief video and then we could have that edited and compiled.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Carlos, have you dropped?

CARLOS AGUIRRE: So, if we have no person in charge of editing these videos sent by the ALSes, the best option would be to introduce the ALS representative and have them tell us about the ALS – what the ALS is, the name, and we would be showing the faces of the ALS. Except if we had someone in charge of compiling and editing the videos sent by the ALSes. If not it's going to be rather complicated. Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Carlos. Dev, would you like to take the floor?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. First of all I agree with Sebastian being added to the showcase. I think three to five minutes could easily be added for him to speak. He could be added after Fadi speaks or after Olivier speaks. So that to me is fine. Regarding the video aspect for the ALS presentation I'm a bit worried about it. As Carlos has mentioned, editing a video is not a trivial task. Also, let's say there are... Just to confirm something, there will be about 20 of the At-Large ALS representatives in Buenos Aires.

So say ten would submit a video, that's easily ten minutes of video there, and that will take quite a lot of time. Or even asking, in absence of a video to have the ALS introduce themselves and then speak for a minute about who they are and what they do, I'm a little bit worried about that. I remember what happened in 2010 when this idea was approached and everybody – because they were happy to take the floor... There was interpretation and they can't speak very rapidly so everyone went beyond a minute.

So if 20 persons speak at one minute each that's 20 minutes there and I think that's way too long. Unfortunately I think we're going to have to simply do a roll call of the ALSes. Call out the names of the ALS

representatives and have them come to the front or stand and be applauded. That's my suggestion, to just have an ALS roll call.

One more thing, if there are persons willing to submit videos, I see them being shown after refreshments and so forth but not during the actual formal, speaking part of the showcase. I'll get the actual numbers from the survey right now. I'm pulling it up right now. That's it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you Dev. Yes, unfortunately the idea of having a video is wonderful because you know that images are great, but the reality is that we have tried to have the ALSes send videos in Cartagena and Costa Rica and unfortunately very few of them did so. And then we have the additional editing problem. Also if we mention the ALS representatives present, well, we have to do that but they have... We have to focus also on how to showcase the ALSes that will not have representatives present at the event.

I think there should be a level playing field for all the ALSes on the part of LACRALO, so we could have the ALS representatives present in Buenos Aires come to the front, but we have to think of a harmonized, uniformed presentation of all the LACRALO ALSes. That is my point of view. I don't know if anyone has any comment on this. Carlos, go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Can you hear me?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Yes, go ahead please.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: I'm on another phone now. Great. I agree with Dev's comments and I also agree with your comment, Sylvia. I believe that this presentation could very well be carried out according to what Dev said – mention the ALS, have the representative come up to the front, give the representative a round of applause and that's great. Now, as far as the video is concerned, maybe we could have a couple of screens displaying logos of the ALSes only and in that way we achieve consistency and uniformity and we showcase all the ALSes in the region.

It's an option that comes to mind right now. I don't know if you agree. As Dev was saying, editing a video is not only complicated but also expensive. So this is my alternative.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Carlos. Alberto is asking if that would be a PowerPoint presentation. I guess so. I guess we could have a PowerPoint presentation with their logos. Maybe Matt from Staff could help us? Are there any other comments on this topic? Heidi is reminding us that there will be a LACRALO ALS booklet produced and that can be part of

the showcase. That can be a way of showcasing the ALSes. Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. A question regarding the booklet: how much space will be made available for each At-Large structure to describe themselves? Is it one page? And how many words can be used? I guess this will lead up to the question that we should of course encourage our At-Large structure representatives to submit material to the Wiki. But I just wanted to find out what size booklet it is. Is it a 8.5cm by 11cm booklet? One page per ALS? Thank you.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you Dev. What I can tell you right now is the following. On the basis of the booklet produced by AFRALO I can tell you that that varied quite a lot depending on the ALSes. There are some ALSes with plenty of information on the Wiki and others with very little information. In that booklet that I saw some ALSes had two pages and others had only one page. I don't know how this will work out here. Our booklet should have a little bit more than 40 pages because we have more ALSes, but nothing has been said yet.

Of course there is going to be a maximum page number but as I said, some ALSes had pictures of photos and two pages and some others just had their logo displayed and just one paragraph. So maybe we can agree on one page per ALS. Why not? But nothing has been determined

so far by Staff. So far we have tried to have ALSes update their information on the Wiki and then Staff would retrieve the information from the Wiki. That's why I sent an email to the list setting October 20th as the deadline to update the ALS information.

With regards to the size of the pages it is half the size of a legal sized page. That would be the size of the booklet, or the page size. Carlos is asking how many words, page size, picture size... Well, nothing is predetermined but we know that some ALSes have a lot of information so we could agree on one page per organization. One page with a logo. So that's why it's important to have the information updated as soon as possible.

Is there any other comment at this point? I see some of you are typing comments on the chat. Alberto is suggesting to use Arial 12, the font. Dev is suggesting about 5,000 words. Dev, would you like to take the floor?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Quick question. It's only just that we should narrow down the amount of words as part of the description for the At-Large structure. I think we probably need to come up with an absolute limit. The reason why I'm asking about the page size is to get an idea of how many words are acceptable. Is it 5,000 words, 6,000 words? What's the upper limit? And I think once you get that actual limit then we can inform all the ALSes to keep their descriptions to that amount.

I should mention that when we did the showcase and we asked for one page from each of the At-Large structure we then did a template and essentially everyone had to fit that template exactly; one picture, descriptive text and their ALS logo. And that was it. Again, I would say a firm limit should be specified as to the amount of text needed. That's it.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Thank you very much Dev for your comments. I'm really concerned about the template because today it's October the 14th, so it seems that for several months we have been trying to have the ALSes to update their information and this is taking us quite a lot of time. So now if we propose the idea of the template and they have to adjust to the template and do the work again, I'd be worried about not having them back for the established deadline.

So I think that would be the correct idea. I understand that for AFRALO the Staff organized the information based on the Wiki and that was the information that was circulated to LACRALO people. We tried to have that information updated. I don't know if we should now send the template for people to use. A certain amount of would be useful. Carlos... No template or document was sent for this booklet.

What they were told was that they had to update the information of their ALS in the Wiki page and from the Wiki page Staff would take that information to produce the leaflet or the booklet as it was done for AFRALO. That information was sent some months ago during the update campaign phase one and the update campaign part of phase two. If you

see the mail that's been circulated to the list, everything has been mentioned there.

As I said before, I am a bit concerned about the idea that it mentioned of having a template with a certain amount of words, or a word limit, for the 20th of October. Alberto, you have the floor. Go ahead please.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Well, even if we don't say anything to the ALSes, such a modification shouldn't be too difficult to be carried out. In the case that we include one page per ALS we should indicate to the ALSes the word limit and with a template we would be providing uniformity to the whole publication, and as I said before, we have a predetermined font and size and they would adapt to that content. I believe if we sent the template immediately there should be no problem.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Regarding the AFRALO booklet I would like to mention that the template followed was organized by the AFRALO Secretariat. So they were the tones organizing the update. [audio echo]

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Sorry Silvia for interrupting you but there is a lot of echo on your line. We could do that, we could do that for the template, but if we look at the AFRALO template you will see that there are ALSes having two or three pages and others with only one page. I do agree with what

Alberto is saying but in fact the reality is not so. We know that our deadline is October 20th so despite that we have been trying for several months to get the information, there are certain ALSes that have not updated the Wiki page.

Of course we can have a try with that but my question is that if most of the ALSes do not send the information for the template with the word limit of 5,000 words, what shall we do then? Carlos, you have the floor.

CARLOS AGUIRRE:

Thank you Sylvia, I will agree with Alberto and Heidi and Sylvia. I think that the template is the more appropriate idea for all of us. In the case you are expressing Sylvia; if the ALS does not complete the template, well, it would be out. And on the other hand, regarding the Wiki page, I should apologise because I am reading all the emails and perhaps I did not pay attention to that. But my ALS for example was not aware of the issue of the Wiki page. So I apologise for that.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE:

Are you talking about the update?

CARLOS AGUIRRE:

Yes, about the update.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Well, perhaps you are not receiving all the emails that are being circulated, but the emails circulated regarding the update campaign have been sent to the LACRALO list. So please check your emails again.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Okay. It could be because I am a representative of my ALS and perhaps I missed some emails.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Okay Carlos, thank you very much. Is there any other comment? Okay, so as part of the campaign number three, we will launch the template for the booklet asking – let’s say Matt or Dev – to determine the font, the font size and the work limit for the ALSes to choose or select the information that they want to supply for the booklet. Unfortunately I would disagree with Carlos in terms of if the ALSes don’t sent information.

We would have to get that information from some other place, because having a booklet with 20 organizations or ALSes when in fact there are 42 makes no sense. We should have all the ALSes included. This is a difficult commitment but we have to go ahead with that. Are there any other comments? Now we will deal with Item #6: any other business.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Just to confirm, we will have Sebastian as a speaker for our showcase, right?

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: I think it would be a pleasure for us to have him. As an Action Item Silvia, we could add the template and perhaps the Secretariat could urgently send an email to all the ALSes saying that no information will be taken from the Wiki but that there will be a template circulated for them to fill in with their concrete information for the booklet.

And if there are no further comments we'll keep in touch by email regarding the remaining budget, regarding Alberto's confirmation in terms of the key ring and whether we will have a dancer or a musician. So we will keep in touch until next Monday when we will have our next call to define the remaining Items.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you very much Sylvia and thank you all. Let's keep in touch. We will keep in touch via email.

SYLVIA HERLEIN LEITE: Thank you very much Sylvia. Thank you very much Sabrina and Veronica and the Staff. See you next week.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Bye-bye all.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks everyone and thank you to the interpreters.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]