
NATHALIE PEREGRINE: The recording has started. We'll now do the roll call. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening everybody. This is the APRALO Monthly Call on the 24th of September 2013 at 5:00 UTC. On the call today we have Holly Raiche, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Siranush Vardanyan, Ali AlMeshal, Karaitiana Taiuru, Pavan Budhrani, Salanieta Tamanikawaimaro, Gunela Astbrink and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

We have received an apology from Hong Xue. From Staff we have Silvia Vivanco and myself, Nathalie Peregrine. I'd like to remind all participants to please state their names before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and over to you Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you very much. Have you got the roll call for everyone?

NATHALIE PEREGRINE: Yes, I'm just adding Rinalia now. She's just joined the Adobe Connect room.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. The first Item on the Agenda is just a review of the Action Items from our last meeting. Siranush has in fact sent an email to all Members to form a Working Group, and that Working Group has already met once and people have been watching their emails. They've got a lot of work to do. KT can update us on that later, if he wants, or Cheryl can.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Siranush and Silvia, you have sent reminders to all ALSes. In fact, people will look at the email that came out today. There is a long list of organizations that are Members of APRALO who have not got a lot of information against their organization.

So could you look at today's email, which I think is from Silvia? And if you're on the list could you please forward information about your ALS to Silvia? Pavan has already talked to KT and KT is giving today's presentation. We have already liaised with ICANN Staff for the meeting in Argentina. So that's done. The spotlight today is KT. Thank you very much. We have got an updated policy issue thing, which has been emailed and I think you have all syndicated, so that's also completed.

Action Items... There's nothing else outstanding that I can think of. The one thing that I would suggest – and I have asked for the [four/floor? 03:02] so I'll do it again – we will be reviewing... One of the Items is a review of the policy items that we're dealing with, and what was talked about at the last ICANN Meeting was that for those that aren't familiar with the particular policies, we could have a webinar. And that seemed to be a good idea at the time.

So what I'm looking for from everyone is – and I think I will go straight over to Olivier – when we go through the policy update, if any of you think it would be good to have a webinar, this would be the perfect chance to ask questions and we can have a webinar on that. And I've noticed we just have a newcomer from New Zealand – Ellen Strickland, welcome. Nathalie, could you put her on the list of attendees?

Now, we've done the Action Items. The next on the Agenda would be... I think we've got... Have we got KT's presentation now? KT can [04:29] spotlight? Nathalie and Silvia, could you put Nathalie's presentation up?

KARAITIANA TAIURU: Sure. KT speaking. I didn't actually prepare a presentation...

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay then, just go for it.

KARAITIANA TAIURU: Cool. Great. Shall I start now? Thanks. We're the New Zealand Maori Internet Society based in New Zealand, down the bottom of the Pacific. New Zealand is a bi-cultural and a bi-lingual country. In the Maori Internet Society we work to enhance and represent Maori Internet users, as opposed to the normal New Zealand Internet users, which Internet New Zealand look after quite well.

We've been in existence since 1997 and it was formed as a grassroots, representative organization so that the government and various Internet bodies could access various Maori views about the Internet. What we stand for and what we do, our policies, change, depending on the environment. A number of years ago we were interested in representation in domain names, interested in bi-lingual issues and IDNs.

Now we're more focused on cyber security issues such as how families can be safe using the Internet from their home, how people can protect themselves from viruses and online scams. We also do a lot of work protecting indigenous intellectual property abuses from occurring. Quite often that can be through Facebook, where various images being reported can be used and paint-shopped up. So a lot of that protection that we do we work in with NetSafe New Zealand, who are quite influential in that area.

In terms of other strategic partners we have, we work with different organizations who provide computers in the home to low socio-economic families. We also work with different Internet organizations and we also work with copyright organizations, such as Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand. Other issues that we're concerned about is the lack of Internet access to a lot of communities of people that we represent.

There are a number of issues with access to even dial-up Internet, where a lot of the people we represent don't even have a telephone line near their house, let alone fiber or any other ways to access the Internet. These families are usually rural communities in the northern part of New Zealand. We're also in the final weeks of completing some research in how indigenous domain names are used in New Zealand.

It's the first time any research in the world has been conducted in this area, and some of the data and the research has been quite surprising on how indigenous people use an indigenous domain name and how they identify themselves on the Internet via a domain name. We've also

looked at the native American Indians' domain name and their usage as well, as a slight comparison. And other areas we actively support include radio spectrum – we see that as an important aspect of people having Internet access and being able to get economic benefits and employment from that.

We interact with our members via email, Twitter, Facebook and a blog. We're reasonably transparent and we represent whatever our community tells us... Our opinions vary depending on what our community tells us, as opposed to some organizations where the committee or the executive make all the decisions. We generally don't do that. We go out and consult and try to get an idea of what our people want.

And I think everyone can see our website link – it's on the APRALO Agenda. There's a little bit of information there about the organization and some statistics about it. And of course the New Zealand Maori Internet Society was also one of the first RALOs, and I can't even remember the year we joined, but it was the Wellington ICANN Meeting where we joined.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: 2006.

KARAITIANA TAIURU: [laughs] It feels like a lot longer. Yeah. That's a brief introduction about us.

HOLLY RAICHE: KT, that's fantastic. Now, out of that, first of all... Nathalie, would you please note that Winthrop Yu has joined the call and put him in the roll, and [11:58]? First of all, are there any questions of KT before I start with my questions? If you could just put your hands up? Okay, KT, there were a couple of things that you were talking about that strike me as topics for a webinar or information sessions.

There are a lot of things that I know SSAC has done, but I think they would be really happy to brief us on some of those issues. Or the Intellectual Property Group and how they deal with intellectual property of indigenous peoples. Now, do you think either of those would be good for an information session that would be interesting for us, or even a separate session at ICANN, one of the other, or both?

KARAITIANA TAIURU: Sure, I'd be happy to cooperate on both. Yes.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Now, maybe we can tick that... Would other people also be interested in either of those two topics? I know that those two topics are... Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No-no, finish your sentence.

HOLLY RAICHE: In Australia certainly, the whole issue of the... [13:49] is part of the debate on how you keep families in control of the content and that sort of thing. That's certainly big in Australia, but I'm sure they are of interest elsewhere. So that could be a topic that we could talk about? Or we could do an information webinar on intellectual property? Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks very much Holly. Following on from what you were saying, I popped my hand up during KT's presentation on the ALS, because it struck me as he was talking about the indigenous use research that they're doing, that that would probably have a wider cross-regional interest for people, and I wanted to ask him what the presentation possibility or access to publications might be? Because I'm thinking of a number of other ALSes in a number of other regions who might be inspired by that type of work. Thanks Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you. I'm just looking at the chat. Rinalia and Sala, between you have some really interesting input, which is a new convention on traditional knowledge. Now, would that be a webinar that a lot of people would be interested in? I know there are a lot of cultures where there is an issue, so that's something between Sala and Rinalia. KT, I'm

just thinking... If we had a webinar, you were talking about research you're doing, is that complete?

KARAITIANA TAIURU: We published the first week of November and [15:50] New Zealand for the New Zealand Digital Forum I'll be presenting the findings there for the first time.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Could you actually send those details out?

KARAITIANA TAIURU: Sure. Yes. If anybody wants...

HOLLY RAICHE: What I'm seeing on the chat is that a lot of people are interested, so I think that's possibly a really good idea for a webinar. Obviously I don't think we'd want to have it before your research is published, but what about afterwards? Then I'm looking at Sala, which is the mention of the Treaty. And yes, Rinalia, we'd want to take [16:34] contact as well. Is that something we could do in November? KT, what date in November are you presenting your research?

KARAITIANA TAIURU: I'm just trying to find a date. It should be... I'm not too sure right now but I can... I'm happy to present at a webinar.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, well, could I suggest a group of say – I'd be happy to be in the group – three or four of us to develop a webinar? Are there others that are interested in the topic? I'm not seeing anybody. I think it's still good. Okay. Why don't we discuss that as a small group, which would be Sala...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Pavan has his hand up in the chat.

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Sorry, I was just confirming interest in the suggestion by Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Well, what about Pavan, we could work with you and KT and myself and Sala and Rinalia? Okay?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes, I can arrange that.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. That's an AI on Pavan to get the four of us together so we can talk about a webinar in November, KT, after you've presented your material, not before. But in the meantime, Sala and Rinalia, I think we can follow up on your information suggestions, which would be great. And by the way, Hong has just joined the meeting. Welcome Hong.

HONG XUE: Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Now, the next Item on our Agenda is the... Olivier, we're on Item #4 right now, which is policy issues. Olivier, do you want to talk about those policy issues please?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I'm certainly ready to speak about them. Thank you very much Holly. I'm going to briefly take you through the current ALAC statements or endorsements being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC. You'll see in the list in the Agenda that we've recently had three recently adopted statements, and I thank people who have drafted those. The ones that are at the moment being drafted and voted on are first the CPE update from ICANN.

That's actually been voted on already. Oh, this is no up-to-date. Fantastic(!). Never mind. Let me just go on the main page for this, if you'll just bear with me for a quick second. It would be nice if the

Agenda was updated. It's not your fault Holly, it's the Policy Department. Well, we don't have a Policy Department, but anyway... Let's have a look.

We've got some open statements at the moment. There are several of them. The first one is a statement on confusingly similar gTLDs. Interesting little critter, as one would call it. There have been some determinations that .cam is confusingly similar to .com, but since there were three different rulings about this, on two of the three rulings .cam was visually similar and on one of them it was not. In some cases the plural of a word was confusingly similar to the single instance of a word and in other cases it was not.

There's just a total lack of continuity and replicability in the rulings that have been made, and so this statement effectively addresses it. The ALAC is currently voting on this. The next statement is a drafting consultation on gTLD delegation and re-delegation user instructions, and the source of policy and procedures. There is one that was done for the generic TLD, and one consultation done for the ccTLD. At the moment, the one on the gTLDs is still being drafted by Alan Greenberg.

The consultation on ccTLDs, Cheryl Langdon-Orr has provided a first draft and the draft is up for your comments. And the closing of comments is imminent; probably some time today. So you've got just a few hours left until the end of the day to provide your comments on this. There is a DNS Risk Management Framework Report, which was commented on. The ALAC is currently voting on it. In fact, I think it's in its last couple of days of voting.

And this is effectively looking at the report that was drafted by a consultancy organization called Westlake Consultancy, and looks at a broad DNS Risk Management Framework for the Board and for all of ICANN. The statement is rather long. So any of you that are ALAC Members and haven't voted yet, please read through it and vote.

And finally there's a statement on World Conference and International Telecommunication outcomes. There has been a lot of movement on this in the past... Well, ever since WCIT has taken place. And at the risk of being out of date, this one is shelved for the time being. On the recently closed statements, there's just a couple. There was a rights protection mechanism requirement statement, which was drafted by Rinalia and also by Hong Xue and this looked at IDN variants. AS you know, there is a lot going on in this [flurry? 24:27] of activity.

And then there was a Community Priority Evaluation Guideline. Several statements that deal with CPEs. First there was the one about the Guidelines update from ICANN. There was also one about the community expertise in community priority evaluation, and there was also one about the preferential treatment for community applications in string contention.

The preferential treatment for community applications in string contention, we just received a reply on, which effectively told us: "we're sorry, we can't change this because the Applicant Guidebook is quite clear on this and any applications that have not applied as a community application are unable to change their slot at the moment."

The community expertise in CPE was unfortunately overlooked by the New Board gTLD Program Committee. They received a call yesterday by Cherine Chalaby, who is the Chair of the Board New gTLD Program Committee, who profusely apologized and told me an answer is coming on this. And finally, the CPE Guidelines is a statement that we sent over to the organization that is dealing with the evaluation – that's the Economist Intelligence Unit. Hopefully they will be taking this into account. We haven't received any reply on that.

That's all from me for the time being. If you have any questions on any of these statements, or the replies or their follow up, then that's your time to ask.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Excellent. I have a question and it came from an ICANN email saying they were [basically? 26:34] or they were calling for a couple of [membership? 26:38] Working Group. One was a follow on on consumer metrics. Now, some of us think that we buried that one. It seems to have risen and has a new life. Do you know anything about that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Absolutely. There was a Working Group, a gNSO Working Group, which put together a very long list of consumer metrics. And if you recall, at the time when this came up for review, some in the At-Large community felt that there were a few metrics which had also been dropped by this

Working Group because some people in the gNSO were against those metrics. So the ALAC produced an additional set of metrics, which it's sent over to the Board.

Then the Board adopted everything – adopted both the gNSO Working Group metrics, plus also those developed by the ALAC, and said, “go ahead, implement them.” So now we are at the next stage, where we have a review group that is looking at the whole list of metrics and starting the implementation of these, and basically reviewing how these are going to be implemented and put together.

That's basically a Working Group that runs directly under the Board – that's why it's called a Review Team – and there has been a public request for candidates, and so everyone who is interested in this Working Group is requested to send their candidature – you have a file that you have to send over, and your CV, etc. – and at the end of this month the ALAC will be constituting a Working Group a little bit like the team that was assembled to select people for the ATRT 2.

The previous one was chaired by Rinalia. The next one Rinalia has let us know she's not able to chair, so we'll find another chair and we'll take it from there. The ALAC will be asked to endorse people who have said that they come from our community. It's quite likely that the Team will be reviewing the CVs and then providing some recommendations to the ALAC for who to endorse, and they'll have the same sort of process as we did for the ATRT 2.

The ALAC has until the 31st of October to make its endorsements, so it's just in time to be able to proceed forward with forming the little Team to review candidates and to then make recommendations for endorsement.

HOLLY RAICHE: So there's nothing of significance in the fact that Halloween is the deadline?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: You can draw your own conclusions on this.

HOLLY RAICHE: For anybody that's interested, what would be the process in which people could put their hand up for this?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Holly. The process is quite simple. Send your candidature on the workspace, which is indicated in the call for candidates. And this has been sent to the ALAC Announce List, but no doubt Staff will also be showing the page now on where you'd need to go. And apply! And in there I think there's one thing which asks: "are you from any particular SO or AC?" and you can put your name, the At-Large in there, or what you can also do is carbon-copy staff@atlarge.icann.org when you send your application over. So Staff will be putting you in the shortlist.

HOLLY RAICHE: Excellent. Now, are there any questions on any of those policies? Cheryl, do you want to talk a little about the ccTLD thing? I know Alan's not here but... Or is it just that it's too close for any comment to be made?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Well, it's not that it's too close for comments to be made. The door closes today in UTC time, but we have in fact had comments from the region; Maureen has commented and we've had other feedback that's come in via private email, directly to me, so I would be delighted if others wanted to wander into the Wiki and make their final comments. But it's currently in a form that is ready for the ALAC to vote on.

HOLLY RAICHE: Excellent. Does anybody have any questions to Cheryl about that particular statement? If you don't we can move right along. Otherwise you can also just email Cheryl directly about that. Now, the next item we've got...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry to jump in, I'll go back to my computer and put my hand up next time. I just wanted to follow on on what Olivier was saying with regards to the Review Team. Olivier is probably far too polite and I don't mean to be – if you put your hand up for this and you're lucky enough to not

only get endorsed by your AC or SO but then get selected by the CEO and/or Chairman of the Board and/or Chair of the GAC to serve on it, it's no picnic.

These Review Teams are very demanding, unlike other types of Working Group, so you do need to ensure that you are able to make the commitment. It's not just something like a [33:22] Strategy Committee. And Olivier, if you would care to give them a hint on some of the workload demands that you and Alan have been under, acting on the current ATRT 2...

I could bore them with what we had to do for ATRT 1 but the fresh part is that these are things that require serious dedication. These are not things to pad your CV out with is all I'm trying to say.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Olivier, could you give us a brief outline of what kind of workload... For those who don't know... Did you want to go ahead and say what the workload is? Because I know it's huge.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Holly. The ATRT 2 workload makes me wish I was never born. No, okay, maybe not that bad, but it's particularly strong. For example, last week I had to be in Washington DC for two days, where we started at 8:30 in the morning and finished at 6:00 at night with a one-time 45-minute break in the middle and a mountain of work before that and a mountain of work following it now; with the report

having to be drafted and the whole team having to... It's not a large team, you know?

You're looking at just less than a dozen people, and I would say about half of them need to get down to doing some serious drafting on this. The consumer metrics will also... And the consumer choice will also be the same sort of thing. It really is part of the core work that ICANN is doing, and because it is that there is no such thing as being able to have a slipping schedule.

If things have to be done in a week and there are 300 pages that have to be drafted in a week, just do them. If you don't do them then you're going to be in some serious trouble. So think very carefully before you apply for these. I've also put the URL to apply on the Adobe Connect chat.

So it's a lot of work and of course the ALAC will be making some demands on you for anyone who is applying for this. There's no such thing as, "I'm sorry, I'm missing all these calls," because at that point we'll probably be going medieval on you, which if any of you have not lived in medieval times, medieval torture is known to be rather [radical? 36:10]. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Of course, you can always withdraw your endorsement and have the public embarrassment of the replacement. That would be interesting. The only other thing I'd like to say on that, if I may Olivier and Holly, is

that one should predict that the masses of consumer confidence and choice and trust are politically and business-wise very serious matters for a large proportion of the ICANN stakeholders, that have put a lot of effort into either [36:50] gTLDs and ccTLDs, or to come new gTLDs and other forms of ccTLDs within the [37:02].

Everything you do and say will be highly scrutinized. As I say, this one is not going to be for the faint-hearted. I'm not trying to put you off but I am trying to make sure that neither the organization or yourselves are embarrassed if you pass the packet.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you Cheryl. Next Item on the Agenda... And by the way, offline, maybe Olivier could explain to Rinalia what you mean [37:35]. Next Item, Siranush and I have looked at the November meeting in APRALO. Siranush, do you have any thoughts so far about the Agenda, because I've got a couple of things that I've had a look at on the Agenda as well for APRALO.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

First of all, we have already decided with Staff that we will be holding our APRALO meeting on Wednesday during the ICANN Buenos Aires Meeting, so everybody who will be there in person is welcome to come there and to join in online remotely. We'll also be discussing prior to that, with Holly, some AIs to be taken during that meeting. But we'll be reviewing the information provided by all ALSes.

I hope that by that time we'll have updated information from each and every ALS on the Wiki. Parallel to that I think that by that time there will be also the survey for all ALSes to fill in. The survey is related to the upcoming ATLAS II Summit, and also the upcoming Capacity Building survey, which will be merged according to discussions taking place in those two groups. So we probably will encourage and give some details for all ALSes to fill in that survey.

Also I volunteered to present my ALS, the Armenian Association for the Disabled. Yes Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: I was just going to remind Ali that he's presenting in October.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, Ali is presenting in October and I will be doing this in November.

HOLLY RAICHE: That's right. I think...

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Is that clear Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: Look, that's fine and I think that the survey is probably... Will we be doing a survey at the meeting?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I didn't hear you Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: The survey, is that going to be done in Buenos Aires or beforehand?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: I think the survey will ready by then to go for all ALSes to fill in, because the deadline for the filling in is somewhere in December. But by that time, all ALSes will be informed to fill in the survey so we'll probably send a reminder to everyone to fill in that survey, because it will be very important for both ATLAS II Summit, which is planned for London and for the Capacity Building.

HOLLY RAICHE: And in fact it might be an Agenda Item for November, to talk about it. Before I go ahead, Olivier has his hand up. Olivier, did you want to speak?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It was an old hand. Sorry.

HOLLY RAICHE: Cheryl, I'll give the floor to you and if Olivier's hand goes up again then I will call on him.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It was an old hand Holly. I'm sorry.

HOLLY RAICHE: Neither of your hands is old Olivier; they're young and useful and whatever.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Hush! Please!

HOLLY RAICHE: Cheryl, if you could give a quick update on the Rules of Procedure Working Group and how that's doing, that would be fine.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Certainly. I'm delighted to say that we've had our first meeting already. That was only last week, but unfortunately we were a fairly low turnout, so we have another one coming up this week – tomorrow in fact – and we'll be taking things to the next step, and by the next step I mean the reviewing of the reference documents, including the At-Large Advisory Committee new Rules of Procedure and having a look at what our framework might be suggested to change if many changes are desired.

My guess is that there will be, but I'm not going to preempt the work of the Working Group. We've already decided on a couple of

methodologies that we were going to break up into Work Teams and one of the things that I'm particularly excited about is the fact that Ali has expressed interest in working in one of those Work Teams. We put him in as a penholder, but he's since suggested that he'd like to work with a more experienced penholder, which is something we'll be calling for at this upcoming meeting.

KT wasn't quick enough to hide behind a door so we've given him the pen for some of the framing work and in ensuring that the proposed changed or any of the matters that we're going to be discussing, properly cross-checked and interrelated with the [15? 44:01] ICANN bylaws and any other reference material, and he's already gotten ahead on that so we'll give you all more on that when we've had our second meeting.

And lastly, but certainly far from least, Maureen is going to be replicating what she's doing, to some extent. She doesn't know this yet but she will when she comes to the meeting. She's taken a role in the Metrics Working Group for ALAC, which is a particularly important one, and that's the outreach and interaction with the regions and ALSes.

And whilst she's doing that work we thought it would be a good idea if she doubled it and whilst she's working on the ALAC metrics aspect of things within our region, she can also dot a few 'i's and cross a few 't's for any metrics that we may want to seek for At-Large structure behavior or indeed our leaders and representatives. And I think that's about it from me, until we actually have a second meeting. And of course, anyone who wants to join is still welcome.

Mailing lists and set up and Wikis are on the go. Watch this space.
Thanks Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thanks Cheryl. Next Item, Pavan, did you want to do a brief report on the Asia Pacific Regional IGF in Seoul? That would be really helpful.
Thanks.

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

Yes, I'm ready for it. I just spoke with [admin and the NSA? 45:39] yesterday and got a summary of the whole regional IGF. The number of delegates was up from last time; it reached 300+ this time, up from 270 last year. And the number of sessions also increased; there were around 20 last year and this time there were 26. There were four main streams, as you can see from the website it was a multi-stakeholder and enhanced cooperation, openness, access and security.

There were delegates coming in from around 28 countries and the encouraging aspect was that there was a number of government representatives in this Regional IGF. This was mainly due to the support we got from the organizer host, [Akisa? 46:30]. Next year's Regional IGF has been confirmed to be held in India, Hyderabad and in the coming few months the Organizing Committee will be set up. There will be emails going around for that.

We also have a session in Bali where we can report back to the Global IGF and the Regional IGF will also be involved in other workshops there

as well. And that's pretty much it. If anyone on the APRALO would like to be part of the general mailing list, they could just contact me and I could help them to be part of the mailing list as well.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, thank you Pavan. Now, is there anywhere people can go to to read transcripts or outcomes or papers or anything like that?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Sure, I'll ask [Yanis? 47:24] in Admin and once I get the information I'll send it over to APRALO.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you. Did you attend? Sorry, Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just on that, I attended remotely. This was the Regional IGF that I missed but I did attend remotely, and I wanted to mention and thank the host in Seoul who has obviously made it so easy for remote participation. Well, it's not a perfect model yet; it's a model that's continuously improving, so I'm happy with that.

I just wanted to mention – [48:00] what Pavan was just saying – I've served on and I continue to serve on the Multi-Stakeholder Group, whose task it is to now manage the processes of Regional Asia Pacific IGF, and yes, our lists our open and we'd most assuredly appreciate

more diversity in not only our list membership but our attendance at our meetings.

Whilst there is the necessary work that the local host does, it is up to what's called the Program Committee, which is a sub-unit that's created of the Multi-Stakeholder Group, it's very much engaged in program organization and calling for any acceptance for papers and presentations, etc. So there's much work to be done and it would be delightful to have greater diversity, particularly if we could get more through the Pacific.

It's not that I'm tired of hearing Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong all the time, it's just [laughs] we could do with a little bit more company. Thanks for that.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you. Gunela, you have raised your hand?

GUNELA ASTBRINK:

Yes, can you hear me? Good. I was at the APriGF too and you mentioned about the [Pacific/specific 49:41] and other engagements, and there was a panel from the Pacific and we're very keen in the Pacific Island Chapter. I'm the ISOC .au liaison in the Pacific Island Chapter, so in that case I'm saying "we" in regard to the Pacific, are very keen to engage more with the APriGF. And we actually found that having four parallel sessions meant that there were quite a small number of people to [set it off? 50:26] before [50:29].

So that's just a comment to make. Also, I was involved with an ISOC Panel and it was very much talking about what different ISOC Chapters were doing and raising some issues and also contributing to the work in Korea to try and set up and strengthen a Chapter in that country. I just wanted to report too that I had the opportunity to talk directly to Fadi Chehadé, who was a the [Akino? 51:17] speaker, in talking about how, as we all know, ICANN now has an office in Singapore.

I talked to Fadi about whether [disability 51:30] in ICANN and the role that ICANN can play in encouraging that, and since that time I've followed up with [51:44] and [51:46], and I'm keen to look at how we can work with that – maybe doing a webinar from [52:00] and sharing some information. So they're just some ideas to start off with. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you very much. I think that's a lovely idea of another webinar, and we can follow that through as well. I'm very conscious of the time though and I know that Siranush would like to update us on [52:24] Armenia as well as the first IGF in Armenia. Siranush, do you want to...?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Yes Holly, this is Siranush. Actually, in the coming few months we have two major events taking place in Armenia. One will be our Armenia conference on October 8th-9th, [52:48] Internet in Armenia, "Paving a Road to the Future". We are expecting a lot of guests from [52:56]

countries and also the leaders of ISOC from Regional Bureau, from European [53:06].

We're doing facilitation of the workshop related to Internet penetration in Armenia, where we'll be speaking about Armenia language content and also the directions that ISOC Armenia already started to take – a step forward towards the establishment of an Armenian IDN. So there will be a lot of discussions taking place during those two days. And also in November we're planning to hold the first Armenian IGF in Armenia and we hope that a lot of guests will come to that also.

We've already asked Staff to send some ICANN-related documents for the first Armenian IGF. We'll also be discussing the idea of a permanent IGF establishment in the country. This will be some kind of institution already working on that issue, which is a very good idea. I also volunteered to do a presentation about helping encourage young people from the developing country to participate in these global discussions, and will be providing information about the ICANN Fellowship Program and ISOC Next Generation Program.

So these are two major events coming up in the country and I will come with more updates in our future calls.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Now, I was just thinking, I think it would be useful if there was a link either to information about the [Arnet? 55:00] or the Armenian IGF. That would be really useful.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes. I think for the first Armenian IGF there will also be a web page, and I will share the link to that with you. I'd also like to mention that Lianna Galstyan, who's in this call, from ISOC Armenia, she's also a part of the Organizing Committee of those two events. So I think that there will be some links to that, and we'll send you updates on that.

HOLLY RAICHE: I just noticed Olivier is going to be taking part. I think that's terrific.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Yes, great. We hope to host Olivier, finally, in our country, and hope to see others here.

HOLLY RAICHE: Excellent. Now, finally – because we really are out of time – please look at the ALS Wiki. Silvia's gone to a lot of trouble to list in her latest email all of the ALSes that don't have information. So if you are listed there, please have a look and please provide Silvia with some updated information so that she can update the information. And finally, just a reminder, we've got the next presentation in October, which is going to be Ali, and the one in November is going to be Siranush.

But start thinking about putting your hand up for after November. And in the meantime, thank you everybody for your time. We will talk in October. Thank you very much everybody.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Just one quick point Holly, we've already put as an AI here that probably, with the Staff, support will go to each and every ALS in APRALO and ask them to update the information there. I think the private emails are the next step for us to take.

HOLLY RAICHE: I totally agree. Well done. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you for listening.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]