

---

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Welcome everyone to the ATLAS II OC call on Monday, 17<sup>th</sup> March 2014 at 15:00 UTC. On today's call we have Eduardo Diaz, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Jean-Jacques Subrenat, Pastor Peters, Beran Gillen, Murray McKercher, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Roberto Gaetano, Thomas Lowenhaupt, Carlos Aguirre and Matthieu Camus.

We also have Wolf Ludwig, who's just joined us. We have apologies from Baudouin Schombe, Natalia Enciso and Sandra Hoferichter. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Carlos Reyes, Ariel Liang and myself, Julia Charvolen. May I please remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you and over to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. The next Item in the Agenda is Item #2. Does anybody have anything to add to the Agenda? This is the time to do this. If not we can... Okay. Carlos Reyes, you are the first one in line. You have Items #29 and #30. Can you state them and provide a status? Thank you.

CARLOS REYES: Hi Eduardo. Sure. Thank you very much. For AI #29: populate the information in the ATLAS II participants Wiki page. This is in progress. If you take a look at the page now, most of the information is there. I'm going to add the thematic groups based on the feedback we have, and then the mentor category. In terms of the participants, the ALSes in

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

their region, all of that information is on the page. That is in progress and should be coming together very shortly.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Carlos. I just want to add to the group that this is a list that, like I said before, I saw that what they did in ATLAS I and it's basically a summary of all the people that are going, which sessions they've been assigned to, and which mentors they're going to be assigned to when that is done. I encourage you all to follow up on that one, and keep looking at that page because that's a summary of all the participants. Thank you. Carlos, you have the floor again.

CARLOS REYES:

Thank you. For AI #30, as of right now we've received 92 responses for the thematic group survey. Since I'm populating this participants' page, I'll have a better sense of which ALSes have not responded and I'll send those ALSes reminders to complete the survey.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you. We should keep going, sending reminders, up until the point that we don't need them anymore, but we need that information. Thank you Carlos. I really have to say that you and the rest of people are to provide something in the chat on the status, like I said before. It will help tremendously for me to prepare for these meetings. I don't want the status of something that you didn't say. Thank you so much.

---

CARLOS REYES: Sure. I'll do that right now. Thank you Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Carlos. Next is Heidi Ullrich. You have AIs #9, #26 and #31. Please state those Heidi and give us a status for those. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Eduardo. AI #9 is to do with [regional? 04:30] centers. I sent the invitation letter request form out yesterday on the ATLAS II participants' list, so that's been completed. They can start following up on that. That's the first step to get [leaders, etcetera? 04:46]. I think that one's basically completed. AI #26, that's with the purple stickers. Julia, I've just sent you the screenshot of the purple stickers. Is there any way that you can put that in the screen? Thank you Julia.

What this is is a sticker that will be placed on all ATLAS participants, and the color is purple for the ALAC. Can we go ahead and confirm that this is what you'd like? It will say, "ATLAS II participants," and that will be on the bottom of the nametag.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Is anyone abstaining of not using this? No? Heidi, we'd like to use this sticker.

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Great. I see Cheryl smiling and now we have two green checks. Okay. I think that's a good combination. We'll go ahead and do that. Thank you. On the lanyards, we're still working on that. I think we need a little more direction on where we want to go with that. What was the information on that again, and what colors would you want for that? I think you may have been discussing that, but I don't have the notes for that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi, I don't think we've discussed the lanyards in every detail, but I remember in the last call that Olivier mentioned something about using the purple color. If you asked me, I'd use it. I'd say a white background with the ATLAS logo for the Summit.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, purple with the ATLAS II logo, and then in purple... What information in purple though? ATLAS II participants again?

EDUARDO DIAZ: No-no. I would just have the logo of the ATLAS II all over the lanyard, and that's it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just the logo? A white background with the ATLAS II logo repeated?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. I was just going to suggest, since the lanyards might be kept by our participants as a bit of a reminder of their trip to London, maybe we could have, "ATLAS II," and, "London," and the dates?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I like that. It's a memorabilia and something to keep. So far we have the logo and the word, "London," and the date.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. We have a white background, we have the ATLAS II logo repeated as often as we can, and then the text in purple: "London 21-26 2014"?

EDUARDO DIAZ: That will do it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sounds good.

EDUARDO DIAZ: is everyone okay with that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl here. I will just say one thin – with the lanyards, I don't know if anyone else is as [inaudible 08:34] by lanyards that have glue or stitching

---

---

at the back of them that annoy the neck so much. There are good lanyards and there are bad lanyards. Could we choose the [good lanyards? 08:45]?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Cheryl, thank you. If you can volunteer to be my consultant I would agree with that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: My neck is at your beck and call, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you. I am looking at the chat and Siva is saying, "Why not also say "ICANN At-Large"?" Do you want to add "ICANN" to that?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know what other people might think about that but Cheryl, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Again, I don't have any problem with more information, but do remember that the main area you actually read the information on is about a hand-span long between usually the tip of the collar and the start of the where the type would be.

Whatever artwork you do decide on, yes, it will be repeated everywhere, but make sure the balance of it on either side works. The other thing of

---

course is to make sure there's no [significant problems? 10:06] with too much additional information. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I'll take a look at that and see what the [inaudible 10:13]. This is Heidi. Glenn agrees: "Too much information reduces the impact." We'll have plenty of time to look at examples, you can confirm exactly which one you...

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi, why don't we let you do some examples of the lanyards and then we'll look at them just like we did...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, we'll get you some examples of a good quality one. Okay. It'll likely be after Singapore though, just to let you know that. But we'll see, we'll see. Maybe we could get something quickly. AI #31, that's updating the schedule and the room assignments. Again, I think we should wait until Nancy Lupiano meets with us on Wednesday. She's now confirmed...

Also, we'll now have a higher number of people completing that survey so they'll know exactly which of those plenary rooms will need to go in which room. I think that one's just in progress and will be reported on in Singapore.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you Heidi. Murray, you have your hand up?

MIURRAY MCKERCHER: Just a quick idea that we don't necessarily need to implement. I've done this before, where we have an RF ID tag as part of the badge. It allows the participants to connect to the Internet in a mobile fashion. I could look into that, or if anyone else has any connections – perhaps Olivier in the UK – if that's something that people think would be useful.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Cheryl, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Bless you Murray, is all I can say. I've wanted an RF ID tag for so long it's not funny. There are so many reasons why it can be handy. I must say, I've been threatening to subcutaneously put in RF ID tags, but just a simple bracelet on the ID tag is fine. If Dev is on the call... He's not, so if staff could mention to Dev, if you do go ahead with that, you can make some very interesting metrics analysis and it would be something I'd be very excited about.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Any comments on that? Okay. I'm not sure what the next steps are on here.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If I may, Murray will get you more information including unit costs and I'll notify Glenn that a QR code should also be there. I'd suggest it would



---

be extremely wise, and that we do have less than 200 people being involved, and it would be the cost-benefit and [inaudible 13:30]. I could drown you in the benefits and cost-benefit analysis.

Murray can give you lots of features as well as probably a lot of information as well. QR codes, Heidi, I was just going to speak to that. Because there is less than 200 of them it would be a very good idea to in fact have the QR code, which would almost somewhat personalize it, in as much as it's got the master information, and that would include a link to our main landing page for the event.

You could also have embedded in it the actual participant's identity. So those two things are I think a smart way forward, and the QR codes would mean people could scan each other and we don't have to go through as many business cards in the average meeting. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Cheryl. Let's move on. For the next one, Glenn, can you tell us a little bit about the Fayre of Opportunities?

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure. We had a meeting last week. We're moving along on a number of fronts. We have an assigned room. We're still discussing the logistics of the layout of the room. We have sent a sketch that we'd like. The main ambience of the room is networking, we have 200+ people there and the QR codes and RF IDs are all going to help that.

We've obviously discussed the budget, and there is a page for the budget. It's very rudimentary right now because we're waiting for what

---

kind of funding we have. We're also waiting for staff to give us feedback on whether Tim Berners-Lee is available. We do have a few other names as back-up.

There are a number of outstanding items yet, but we hope to have a face-to-face discussion. We have 20 or 30 minutes assigned in Singapore to nail down some of these items. Yes, I think we're on target. Over to you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you Glenn. Any comments on what Glenn has said?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Eduardo? I've been in touch with Nancy Lupiano from meeting staff over the weekend and she's still working on that. She confirmed that she'd be able to let us know more information when she speaks to the ATLAS II OC on Wednesday. Maybe you could print out those sketches and everyone can have those sketches at hand, and then you can see what the options are.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, that's great. Thank you so much. Cheryl please?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks. If there's any chance to get Tim involved, please work with his foundation organizers as much as possible, because even for things like his much loved open-source group activities – and I've also been involved with his tour down under – he is far from a cheap option and to

---

get him pro-bono you would have to get him to agree, but more importantly get his handlers to agree.

I don't know whether you've worked with some of these handlers, but that could be easier said than done. They're very expensive.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Cheryl. That's informative. I've been in touch with Sally and Duncan about that, and Duncan is working with a PR company reaching out for that. Duncan should be coming to one of the OC meetings, so he'll have an update with that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Make sure you get [tops? 17:32], because there's a big difference between, in principle, agreement, and dollars on the line. It will really throw our return on investment out.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. I didn't realize that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Any other comments please? Thank you so much Cheryl, Heidi and Glenn. Let's move forward to the next item, which is Tijani Ben Jemaa. I don't know if he's in the call? You're not right, Tijani? Julia, is Tijani online?

JULIA CHARVOLEN: Tijani is not online.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so we'll move to the next one. Carlos Aguirre, Natalia Enciso and [Mari Carmen? 18:23], you have AIs #16, #27 and #28. Please state the AIs and tell us the update on those. Carlos, if you are on, please, you have the floor.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Yes, thank you. I will report these short. We are almost ready to start with our work in the ATLAS space. We've been [writing? 19:07] our logo. Tomorrow we have a call on this. We expect to approve and adopt a webpage template.

Also we sent the interview questions to our team [inaudible 19:25] for each newsletter and we are very happy with a few of them. Siranush and Wolf sent the [Doodle? 19:37] and we expect... Olivier was sent the questionnaire because we tried Olivier with the first interview for our first newsletter, so we are waiting for Olivier's response.

Our Logistics Team have already sent us the information to post on our webpage and newsletter, and now they're working to translate it to different languages. We are coordinating the ATLAS II social media work with Ariel and staff. That's it. No more on that. Thank you.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you so much Carlos. I just want to ask that you include AI #27 that has to do with the lanyards. I'm going to combine that with #26 since we already talked about this with Heidi. I think we have that one pretty much set up. Thank you Carlos. There was an email yesterday or Saturday about a recommendation by Evan and Glenn that we should select a hash tag for the ATLAS II event.

I was putting it in the Agenda to talk about it. I'm just suggesting to use the hash tag that we use in the Agenda; ATLAS II? Or does anyone have a better idea than this one, please? If you are okay with this hash tag... Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm not suggesting a better idea, I'm asking who the hash tag is for. If it's the wider community, general community or press, it may be wise to use "ICANN ATLAS II" or "ATLAS II ICANN" or something slightly longer, but nevertheless more descriptive name. Otherwise you may be confused with some muscle-bulking help product instead!

EDUARDO DIAZ: [laughs] Okay. Murray?

MIURRAY MCKERCHER: I agree with Cheryl's comment. We use a lot of acronyms in ICANN that are relevant to ourselves, but if we're reaching out to a larger audience – and I'm not a user of Twitter and hash tags from the Twitter perspective – we could have something that might be a little more consumable. I don't know what that is but I'll just throw that out. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Murray. This is what I suggest we'd do – since in the Communications Group we have a person that's working on the social media strategy with Ariel from staff, I'm going to suggest that Ariel and Sergio work on what the best hash tag would be, and what it's going to be used for.

That's going to be part of the strategy; whether it's going to be for general purpose or for the rest of the public out there, and we'll take it from there. Glenn, please?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: We just came back from the [Enten? 23:56] session and I can assure you, so many versions of the spelling of a particular hash tag, even though it's very small, can water down the whole thing. So whatever we do in the sessions, if we can make sure the hash tag is on the screen and people know it, it would then be consistent and people could gravitate to that one hash tag, if that's the way we're going to go.

It's just that the longer the hash tag, the more chance they could be screwed up and more people start putting more hash tags in. So just for the sake of communication, if we could make sure that they are consistent that would be good. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Are there any other comments about this? if not, let's move to the next item. Murray, you have AIs #17, #19 and #25 please.

---

If you could state them and provide us with an update on those? Thank you.

MIURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes. The AIs are all interlinked. AI #17 relates to developing an outreach ATLAS II strategic goals. Some of those have been done, and I am waiting to connect more closely with ICANN PR so that we have appropriate roles lined up. That speaks to Item #19 where I did open a status on that, about working again with the communications staff. AI #25 is to coordinate the PR Sub-Working Group.

Those are all interconnected. At this point I would look for a little guidance from staff in getting into appropriate groups at ICANN to coordinate that. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, JJ, your hand is up please. You have the floor. Jean-Jacques?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Just about Item #17, and perhaps #19 as well, it seems a bit paradoxical that something as important as fixing the main goals of the whole exercise should be left to the CEO or staff, or the Vice-President in charge of Communications, etcetera. Maybe for the formulation, once ATLAS II Members have decided what they want, they could then ask for advice on how to present the package.

But I'm a bit puzzled that it's the very definition of the purpose that would be handed over, in a way, to someone else. I'd like some explanation of that. Thanks.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. Does anyone want to comment on that?

MIURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes. I can make a general comment. It was obviously important to align certain messages. That is to say it's a participatory aspect of that. We have some stated messages for ATLAS, and I'm certainly going to propose that we go with them, but I certainly don't want to have confusion between ATLAS and ICANN messaging, which may in fact have changed a bit due to recent news. Jean-Jacques, does that help your question?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you. I'm not entirely satisfied with the reply because that's exactly my point. I've [inaudible 28:35] Sally Costerton and her team have much more experience in establishing messages, making [inaudible 28:45] with other parts of ICANN's messages. That's not the point, I think. ATLAS II meant to be a bottom-up process in which we, the At-Large, have a message, and so we should define it.

Whether it's consistent or not with what one of the Members of the Board, or the Board wishes or advocates is completely not the point. I suppose that no one in the ATLAS II is going to [fall for the demise? 29:22] of ICANN tomorrow morning. I really don't see what the problem is in calling upon the ALAC to define that purpose first. Thank you.



---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you JJ. The communication microphone is not that good, so I understood half of what you said. If somebody can summarize what JJ said so that we can all understand...?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Eduardo, would you give me just another try?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, of course.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Briefly, I was saying that I can understand the advantage of working with Sally Costerton and her team to professionalize our message, but the whole idea of ATLAS Is to come up with a bottom-up process about defining our own goals. So I'm a bit surprised that we would want to go to staff to have this validated, in a way.

If it's about how to communicate it, that's fine. We must do it in fact with staff. But if it's about the message itself I think we should do that. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you JJ. We selected and ratified the proposals a few months ago, and the reason that this AI is there is because most of the purposes or goals that we set up at that time were inreaching goals and there was a question about whether we have any outreaching goals. That's basically what that's supposed to be.

---

The reason, I understand, that we need to get involved with PR from ICANN is to help communicate these strategic goals and purposes to out there. I don't think it's of interest... I don't think we're asking the staff or communications to ratify these messages for us. It's to make sure that what we want to say is being said correctly. I don't know the difference of public relations. I don't know if I'm answering the question, JJ, or the comment.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you very much Eduardo. Briefly I'd like to say I agree with Eduardo's explanation, but what I was probably a bit worried about was the comments by Murray that... Sorry, I don't remember the exact wording you used, but it was more or less: "Then we will go to staff and the experts to see if that fits or is consistent with the overall ICANN message."

GLENN MCKNIGHT: I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time hearing Jean-Jacques.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Murray, do you want to comment on that?

MIURRAY MCKERCHER: Yes. I do agree with Jean-Jacque's sentiment, that we should have our own messaging. It wasn't my intention to have any approval by ICANN of our messaging, but simply to have that affirmation perhaps properly aligned and in the process of getting those messages out during the

---

conference. So I'm completely on side with Jean-Jacques about us designing our own messages.

Some of them have been done so broadly and I think we need to drill down and have a specific meeting do discuss exactly those messages that we want delivered. I'm in no way disagreeing with Jean-Jacques.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Murray. Cheryl, you have the floor now.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Eduardo, put me in the queue as well.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Hear hear, Murray, I agree with what you said and I just want to remind you that unless a communications package is very professionally and very correctly done, it will become a good story that is out on the sidelines. Again, we do need to analyze what the message and message components are and whom they're meant to go to. There's a whole lot to it. To get the professional assistance is going to be very important; particularly if we're going to try to communicate beyond our own community.

Again, the analysis, the guidelines and – most importantly I would have thought – making our ATLAS II message an integral part of the ICANN communications during London is going to be essential, because there's an awful lot happening; 50 meetings, blah blah blah. I think I might be stealing some of Olivier's thunder, so I'll stop.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Cheryl. Olivier, you have the floor now.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Eduardo. Actually, what Cheryl just said now I can follow up with. There is a Working Group that works in London, and I have met on a couple of occasions so far, with regards to the overall messages and the overall coordination of all of what's going to happen in London in June.

This is led by Sally Costerton and her team, and also people at Edelman, which is the PR agency that will promote some of the messages. I think that I might not be able to attend the next meeting, however one thing that is important is I think that we are going to be meeting with Sally and her team in Singapore.

Certainly I can confirm that the ATLAS II is firmly on her radar and on the radar of her staff. So whatever messages we'd like to send out there, we can count on her and her team to help us out there, and indeed I think we should make sure that we make use of that opportunity. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. Thank you for your comments. Any other comments about public relations? If not, the next person in line is Fatima Cambroner. I'm not sure if she's online. Can you tell us, staff? No?

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Julia, is Fatima online? I'm not on my Skype so I can't see what Adigo is saying.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I suspect if she was on the call she'd have been responding in some way, shape or form by now?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I think so too. In any case, if she's around or able to connect then we can go back to her AI. Next in line is Olivier on the sponsors. Is there any news since last time?

PASTOR PETERS: Pastor Peters please, quickly?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Go ahead.

PASTOR PETERS: I know I was supposed to be in the Public Relations Committee, but I don't think I've received any notifications for meetings or conferences. [inaudible 38:50].

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. I don't think Murray's group has had any meetings yet, right?

---

HEIDI ULLRICH: Which group, the PR? They've not yet had any meetings.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Pastor Peters, that's why you've not received anything.

PASTOR PETERS: All right then, thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier, you have the floor.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Just to let you know that there has been no movement yet on the sponsors since last week. I'm looking forward to meet with several of the people that I have spoken to in Singapore, and hopefully we will be able to move forward with the sponsors. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you so much. JJ please, you have the floor.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you Eduardo. May I put a question to Olivier? I know that usually when we look for sponsors we go to the [inaudible 40:45]. In the case of ICANN, at this point in the history of the Internet I think that ICANN has been identified as part of the domain name [inaudible].

I was wondering whether there had been any discussion among you about approaching groups which do not provide equipment or software,

---

but rather promote the [sentiment? 41:19] or principles which are very close to the hearts of users? For instance, the W3C Organization, which was founded by Tim Berners-Lee, but also the American Civil Liberties Union, etcetera.

Of course, the sums involved may not be turning out to be as important as something from some large American network provider, but it could have some significance, at least in terms of visibility and [content? 41:56]. Olivier, would you mind answering my question? Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Jean-Jacques. That's a very, very good idea. I would thoroughly encourage this being pursued. There is a presentation proposal that's been drafted, and that could be sent to these people, but I'm not quite sure who to send it to. That's the question. So if you have contacts or entry points into these organizations then these are very welcome indeed, and indeed if you could act as a relay to them?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. I also want to add, Olivier and JJ, that the W3C Organization, I remember ISOC gave quite a lot of money to that organization. I think they might have a very good contact through ISOC somehow. I think they provided \$1 million or something, about a year ago. I think it's a very good idea JJ.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. ISOC indeed is a possible entry point. I have something else to share with you regarding ISOC. There is some interest

---

in ISOC sponsoring maybe a cocktail, possibly on the Thursday night when people are arriving. So that's also a parallel discussion, but it's not as part of a wider overall sponsorship thing.

I'm due to speak with Ted Mooney from the ISOC Chapters side. Unfortunately he has been unwell after his return from London, so that's still to come. But maybe there should be a call on the Sponsorship Sub-Team to suggest more organizations to ask. Although the sums that we are asking are rather large, I think there's a question of maybe \$20,000 or \$30,000 for some of our events.

We have to remember that we have 160 At-Large structures, so that's a larger event than usual. Certainly being able to have more than one sponsor for an event will make the sums more palatable for sponsors. It's obviously something we should consider and offer as well. So more potential sponsors would be better. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Olivier. JJ, please, you have the floor. JJ, we cannot hear you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Eduardo, can I jump in then?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: My response to Olivier is I think we have an opportunity with the Google-funded ISOC new toolkit, the IXP Toolkit, which is managed by



---

Jane Coffin. I think they want to launch it in June. It is a great audience. It would get more mileage for them. I think that might be an angle. We met with Jane Coffin in Washington last week and we're giving feedback. I think it would be a nice coming-out party for them, for the manual, so I just wanted to mention that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you Glenn. Olivier, we should activate the Sponsorship Group and have a meeting, but should we have it after Singapore at some time?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. I think we're not going to be able to have a meeting before Singapore. We could have basically a discussion in Singapore, but I don't think it would take a full hour to have a discussion on sponsorship.

So maybe if we could be allocated, in the wider ATLAS II Organizing Committee meeting, maybe a 10 to 15-minute discussion on sponsorship, and then a conference call after the Singapore meeting and we start acting on things... That would certainly be good.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier? In addition to the ATLAS meetings there's also a Hot Topics meeting on Sunday morning for about 30 minutes or so. That would be the ALAC, as well as the At-Large Regional Leaders. Maybe that would be a good time for that discussion. For example, Jean-Jacques, you could be at that one, etcetera.

---

EDUARDO DIAZ: Olivier, do you have any objection to that?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Eduardo. I'm a bit concerned that we use what are generally policy sessions and add more to the ATLAS II. We've already got a lot of things on ATLAS II. Really it's for us to draw those people in the ALAC who are not currently involved in ATLAS II, to pull them into ATLAS II, rather than go into their world and put the ATLAS II on them. There's just a slight difference between the two.

I think the ALAC Members should take a very active part in ATLAS II. But that said, it might well be that some ALAC Members are not conducive to work on this, or at least currently focusing on policy rather than on process. I see a little concern about having this on a Sunday.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, that's fine.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Heidi and Olivier, I think we can find ten minutes in the meetings that we have on Wednesday, in one of them, and we can squeeze that in there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, we can do that.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes. I don't see a problem with that. Cheryl, you are last in the line.

---

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I put my hand up not to be in the line – because I knew I was on the Agenda next – but I did want to follow up with the IXP matter that Glenn raised. I think the timing to that is idea, and I agree with what Glenn has proposed. But Jane and I were also talking in Kuala Lumpur recently, and there will be even more bling.

They've got a bit of bling already – pens and various bits and bobs – but there will be more bling by launch time, and it might be appropriate with not so much sponsorship in cold, hard cash, but sponsorship in goodies for our people. The ATLAS II participants could perhaps also be in the giveaways list. You might want to pursue that as well.

That probably falls under a different work item [color? 49:55]. I'm not sure who's it's going to be; whether it would be Carlos's group or what. Anyway, somebody needs to pick that up, or a new work item needs to be picked up. I also wanted to let Olivier know – who is not in the Adobe Connect room, Glenn, which is why he's not responding to what you're saying to him –, Glenn suggested that if you wished, Olivier, that he could follow up with Jane.

I assume you'll want to respond to that, maybe even in Singapore, if not now. He also suggested that assigning an [inaudible 50:35] in the Fayre would be a good idea. I think that's an excellent idea. I think any responses, be they actual in-kind, or someone we want to be pro-bono and generous to because we like what they're saying, should be given a table in the Fayre where possible.

Now to my Agenda Item, which is reporting on #024, which is one of a couple of Items that will hopefully stay rolled up into #024, but we've still got an early one... I think it's number #2 or #3 up on the list. It's

---

called return on investment. I put in the chat earlier – and it was much earlier – a bit of a tome, or reporting.

I've actually thought now, as I'll not be able to join the ATLAS II Organizing Committee, or whatever the meeting is we're having on the Wednesday in Singapore, if I could ask Eduardo that you and staff accept what I put in the chat as more of a report for the meeting in Singapore, that would be appreciated. For the purpose of reporting here I'll put into the chat a much shorter version.

It basically says that most of our work for return on investment goes on after the event, but most of the preparatory work goes on between Singapore and London, where data sets and data capture points are available. For example, softer measures, such as percentages of participants per total number of ALSes and that sort of thing, all of those statistics and things really be completed – even if we decide to use them – until we have our final list done.

So a lot of return on investment is contingent on having the facts. It will be a lot closer to the event before we know what the total per capita and per topic expenditure is going to be for this little event. There's a bunch of decision nodes that will be going on between our Singapore meeting and our London meeting. I would encourage those Members to identify themselves as being in our Working Group, to get to the Wiki page and make some more contributions.

If I may, Eduardo, if you could, at the meeting on Wednesday, also make a call for anybody who's passionate about the arcane and black magic art of return on investment analysis and reporting, that they are welcome to join our little group? We will need more hands to make

---

light work, and that will be particularly the work that needs to be done after the London meeting.

That said, anyone who's also willing to just be an observer can contribute directly to the Wiki page. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you Cheryl. I will do so, and make sure that more people participate in your group. I will do that in Singapore. Thank you for your status. Does anyone have any comment on what Cheryl said? If not, I guess the next step will be to meet in Singapore and we'll take it from there. With that in mind, this meeting is adjourned.

Everybody, have a safe flight to Singapore. We will see each other sometime during the Saturday and Sunday timeframe. Thank you.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPT]**