

---

GISELLA GRUBER: Gisella speaking. Thank you Diego and I would like to welcome everyone on today's LACRALO Nivelacion Working Group call on Tuesday, the 21<sup>st</sup> of May at 2100 UTC. On today's call on the Spanish channel we have Diego Acosta Bastidas, Humberto Carrasco, Sergio Salinas Porto, José Arce, Aida Noblia and Alberto Soto.

On the English channel we have Dev Anand Teelucksingh. Apologies today from Syvliá Herlien Leite, Antnio Medina Gomez, Alejandro Pisante and Juan Manuel Rojas. We have Staff today; Silva Vivanco and myself; Gisella Gruber. I believe Diego has just dropped off the call but hopefully can still hear us through the Adobe Connect.

Our interpreters this evening are David and Veronica. And if I could also please remind everyone to state their names when speaking. This is very important – not only for the transcript but to allow our interpreters to identify you on the other channel. Otherwise we don't know who is speaking.

And also, just to speak at a reasonable speed to allow accurate interpretation. Thank you, and over to you Diego, we are busy calling you back on the number that you have put in the Adobe Connect chat. Thank you very much.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: José, this is Sergio Salinas Porto for the record. Would you like to [tear? 00:02:03] this call while we wait for Diego to be reconnected, so that we can make the most of this time? Sorry for interrupting you José. José, are you there? Can you hear me? José seems to have dropped.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

JOSÉ ARCE: This is José Arce speaking. Sorry, I was muted. Taking into account what Sergio is saying, I think we can proceed.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Someone seems to have dropped. At least José, Aida and Humberto and myself are connected.

DIEGO ACOSTA BASTIDAS: This is Diego Acosta Bastidas once again. I still have audio issues. I cannot hear you well. I hope you can hear me well? So, for the sake of time and ease, we have already finished with a roll call, well, I don't want to keep on wasting time or interrupting you due to my issue with the audio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Diego, Gisella had already proceeded with a roll call, so we can start.

DIEGO ACOSTA BASTIDAS: Diego Bastidas speaking. So can we start then?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, Diego, go on please.

DIEGO ACOSTA BASTIDAS: So, good afternoon, this is Diego Acosta Bastidas speaking from Ecuador. Thank you very much for participating in this Working Group call. I think

the training element is very important. Therefore it is important to have these calls, which should be structured with the human resources provided by LACRALO.

For me it's a pleasure to be a part of this Working Group and to be the Coordinator of this Working Group because I myself have felt the need to have reliable information told – simply and reliable information told, and friendly tools for those newcomers to the ICANN world – especially those participating in LACRALO.

So I think we have the intellectual resources and the proper resources to develop all the tools that will allow us to create a good environment for newcomers and ALSs, for them to learn about the governance system of Internet in the region.

Additionally, I would like to let you know that we have been working, together with Sergio Salinas Porto, on a survey, a anonymous survey, so that we can learn about the extent and the scope of these training courses in order to establish the different components that might be useful for the users; for Internet users.

This survey is based on the global platform and it is very easy to manage, and it will be very easy to manage with a different input provided by each of the Members of these Working Groups. Especially we will have a basic academic Working Group that will allow us to develop the leveling group or leveling course. That is what I can tell you so far. I can give you details about this platform on which we have been working. So I think it is a good opportunity for Sergio Salinas Porto to provide us with some comments on this aspect.

---

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So, this is Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. Thank you very much Diego. I will be brief. I have posted a link on the AC room. If you click on that link you will see the platform where you will find certain questions that have been circulated on the list. Not long ago, we had some recommendations and since this is not open to the public still, we can review all this information...

For the record this is Sergio Salinas Porto – so we can read those questions and the idea with this survey, which is anonymous, is to learn about the level that we have within LACRALO. This will also help us to have an idea or to test the training to see the knowledge gained by the participants of this training course.

Together with Diego we have been working on a list and the idea is to discuss the topics that should be part of this training course. Is the link working? Otherwise I will post it again. Sorry about that, I will post it again. It is [www.internauta.org.ar/elearning](http://www.internauta.org.ar/elearning).

So, as I was telling you, we have drafted a list of the minimum content for the course. We are not clear on that so we need to discuss this information with the Group. So I will post the link again because I can open it. Sorry, but I can access the link so I will type it again on the AC room, but I can access it.

So, you'll have to wait, and once you type it on the browser you can access the link. So once you are on the webpage you have to log in and then you can access the list of questions that were sent to the Working Group. On the other hand, I was telling you that I have uploaded this information on our Wiki page.

---

Some of the issues that should be discussed within this structure, this leveling structure, are the following. These are the topics I will post and that you can see on the Wiki page. So I will post it again. I will type the link to the Wiki for you to access that page. It is exactly the same link posted by José.

So if you access the Wiki you will see or you will access the main web page and then you will see the last comment. In the last comment there are certain links regarding the issues that should be considered because they are of great importance when we are discussing or when we talk about ICANN.

Of course, we can add other topics, but I think it is necessary to cover all these issues. Are there any questions or any comments?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This is Silvia Vivanco speaking. Sergio, I would like to ask a question. I have tried to open the link here but it takes me to a web page with a login. I am trying to access it but I haven't been able to do that. Is there any problem with the platform?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

No, the platform is working properly. I have actually just accessed it. It probably will ask you to wait for one second before you start accessing it. José is saying he's raised his hand?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

This was my concern. So I will try to access it again.

---

ERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay, try to see if you can access it with Chrome or Mozilla. José please take the floor.

JOSÉ ARCE: This is José speaking. This is José for the record. One of the items I wanted to raise and discuss here with you... [David: José is very choppy; we apologise... We can't really understand him] ...When we thought about the community for the course we thought it should transcend our people because we do not know where it is going to end up.

And this, I believe should be a very open platform.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio speaking. I apologise, we can't really hear you.

JOSÉ ARCE: Sorry, there is some noise on the line – can you hear me?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: It's very choppy José, I apologise. I can't really hear you very well. Can you just repeat what you said?

JOSÉ ARCE: Do you hear me better now?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Please try to speak slowly and it will be better this way.

---

JOSÉ ARCE:

I will try to summarize what I said before, which was talking about the character of the platform. To say that it's a young platform, it's a very open platform and this course, our idea for this course should transcend the organization and the people who may leave a legacy. This is supposed to be an open platform and the ICANN Staff should also be part of it.

I don't know if in the future there will be an association that will be impacted by this, so my question is, what will happen if the association disappears and I will find myself managing it? Who will do the work? So I would like to ask, what is the character that this platform should have? I think it should be open and that Staff should have intervention and management of it.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Can I answer that José? The access to management to that platform can be in the hands of the Staff; we can provide them with an access code so they can have total management of the platform. Now, with regards to the organization, we have hosting that has been guaranteed for 20 years.

So for 20 years this can be uploaded there with the [inaudible 00:19:53] for it. This is in case I die or one of the Internauta Members dies, the platform has already been paid. So we will be able to use it for 20 years. If it is necessary to sign something with LACRALO, it will be signed so that LACRALO can use this platform.

Anyway, we are not placing conditions to this platform. Now, we have said in the first meeting that we do not want to create additional costs for ICANN and we – and when I say “we” I mean we as LACRALO – have sufficient structure to be able to afford these types of calls. So very humbly, this is what we offer:

If you don’t want the name Internauta to be there; if you are bothered by this or if you have some suspicions on this, perhaps we can put something up so that the name Internauta is not there, if the capacity of the platform is put in doubt; that we are offering this to the community with no hope to have anything in exchange for it.

We are doing it because we want to do that and this is how it has always been. Alberto, I am speaking, that is why I cannot solve your access problem. Actually, you probably need to log in with your login that will be [inaudible 00:21:36], if you can give me one minute I can put up an access for you.

But this is what we are saying: we have no aim on this; we just want to contribute to the common good. If you understand that this group of people is sufficient or you are offended by this... Well, this group of people... [inaudible 00:22:08] then that’s fine.

JOSÉ ARCE:

I would like to answer. This is José Arce for the record. This is not offending or not offending anybody. This is just regarding the initiative. Perhaps there was no decision to use this platform and this is a decision that you have made by the group.



---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We made this decision last week.

JOSÉ ARCE: Just please let me finish speaking because it is a bit complicated if the order is not good. So, I invite you to listen to the audio that we recorded in last week's call, and you will see that there was actually no consensus, no agreement with the Members of the group that this was going to be the platform used; that the Internauta platform was going to be used.

As the Chair of LACRALO, I think there should be a transparent process in the decisions made, that there should be a consensus in decisions made.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I agree with you José, so perhaps now we can decide it. I think there's still Alejandro and [inaudible 00:23:36]. We can decide this in the group, we can decide what to do and perhaps we should discuss the important issues and not minimal issues. So perhaps we should put this to a vote or a definition; we should say whether it's good or bad.

If it's bad, we can go for another platform. If it's good, we can go ahead with this one and we can just continue working. I don't know if you agree with this?

JOSÉ ARCE: [David: We can't hear him].

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Should we decide this now? What does that say?

---

JOSÉ ARCE: I think Dev has raised his hand. I don't know if we can actually give the floor to him? I don't really know... Can you please wait one moment. My machine has frozen and I can't really see anything. But let's just give Dev the floor. Please go ahead Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. This is Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking. Regarding the survey, I mean, once we've decided on the questions, I would suggest that ICANN At-Large Staff should administer the survey. Once we finalize the questions, we just give them the questions, they can put it up on the survey tools – and ICANN uses several survey tools to answer... And they would allow for anonymous logins to fill out the survey.

And then this can be returned to the group to ensure anonymity, and it can be returned to the group for analysis. And that's my suggestion. So I would very much like to see the questions though. If these questions could have been put on the Wiki; that would be good. That's it. Thanks.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I just wanted to add, we have no problem. We can create a Wiki with the questions and just post them immediately so that the whole community can have quick access to it. This is a very quick platform. I have... Actually, this is not a quick platform. I haven't been able to access it yet, so it would be nice to have the questions so that we can post them on the Wiki, so that people can be familiar with it, and then we can launch the survey.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Can I speak? I don't really know who is coordinating this, but if you can actually give me the floor? This is Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. I will just say this: give the platform an opportunity before you put it down. The platform is the one used in most universities, at least in Argentina.

It's a very good platform; it's very solid and the fact that you can not log in now, the fact that you can not access it now is due to the fact that we wanted to respect privacy and that is why this takes some time from when you just register and you can actually see...

I will now prepare Alberto's login so that he can have access to it. And so with this login, maybe you can now access the platform. The questions have already been sent; they have been sent via email. I will write Alberto here. So before you kill the platform, give it an opportunity – to see how it works.

It's a very streamlined platform that allows from the videoconference to audio, going through downloading documents and the possibility to prepare different kinds of assessment. It also has the possibility to control the number of minutes or hours when the platform was used. It also allows for chat rooms. There are many particularities that this platform has, and that is why it has been chosen by so many universities.

So my suggestion is that ICANN Staff will have full access to this platform, and so I suggest that you use this, that you see how it works and then based on that, you can decide whether you will use it or not. But let's not just stamp it down so quickly – let's at least give it an opportunity; to see if it works and see if it can be good or not. That's all. Thank you.

---

UM: This is [Coterco? 00:30:40] speaking, for the record. I don't know why, Sergio, you think we are killing the platform. At no time have I said anything related to that. I just want the decision to be made by the consensus of the Working Group. Because we have never discussed this issue, perhaps it would be good to say that we cannot contribute our ideas irrespective of what will be the platform.

I actually just raised this issue. I gave my opinion and that's it. I see Alberto has raised his hand. Alberto, please? I think there was a meeting, I believe?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Can you say that again please?

DIEGO ACOSTA BASTIDAS: This meeting is a [cow? 00:31:46] because nobody has made the decision to share it.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, that's correct. Alberto, can you please give me your email or write your email in the chat room so I can provide you with an access password? Thank you. Okay, so how do we proceed now? José, can you chair the meeting?

UM: This is [Cosete? 00:32:38] speaking. I personally believe this is a loss of time, so I will take the floor and say something. I'm going to post a link

to the chat room. In that web page, you will see there is a Word file on that file I provided a small improvement to what has been posted on the Wiki, considering one of Sergio's ideas from the last meeting, which is to have the basic concept of what the Internet is and then I also provided a summary with the materials we have so far.

You will see that these will be the material we will use for the content. And there are also some ideas that I added there such as having videos to present each of the modules in the regions. It would also be useful to have a glossary, etc.

We wanted also to see if we could take some of these modules and put them on the survey. [David: We apologise, the audio is very choppy] I started with an Internet governance module. I have progressed very much on it. I think each of the modules should have no more than eight pages.

We should also have the rationale of why it is that we have eight modules. We can't hear José. I have just found the document. I am going to translate it in the rest of the week, so I apologize for that. I will translate it next week, and I will ask that you post comments on the Wiki so that we can proceed.

In the meantime, I will continue drafting the content, at least for the Internet governance module, until we can just distribute the different work. That's all. Thank you.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio Salinas Porto speaking. José...? There are many issues on the Wiki. José has talked... So I think it would be interested to discuss... And this is a question for you, Silvia Vivanco, and as I said before, this is Sergio Salinas Porto speaking, can we have our own mailing list or just an email address with a different email?

SILVIA VIVANCO: We have... There is a list, but we are using the existing LACRALO mailing list. There is not a separate mailing list.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Is there any possibility of creating a separate or a new mailing list? Because we need to discuss other issues in this Working Group.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, we can create another mailing list.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, the name could be a leveling of Nivelacion, the name of that mailing list, so that we can communicate. Because once we are not participating any more then new participants may be able to see our discussions in the future.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, it is possible. We have created mailing lists for other groups, so we can create one for this Working Group.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Alberto, I see your hand is up? Would you like to take the floor?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto for the record. We have been... This is 48 minutes now since the beginning of the call and we have done nothing.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I don't agree with you Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Please, let me finish my statement because I was not interrupting you before. So, as I was saying, regarding the platform mentioned by Sergio, I know that platform and I think it is excellent. But, my point is, it is not an issue of not being able to access today, because this is something temporary – I would like to be able to find all the information in the same place.

Because we have a tool, perhaps not as good as the one being proposed by Sergio, but I would like to have all the information contained in one single place. So this is not a question or an issue of using the platform, but the idea is to use only one platform – a single platform, a multi-platform.

So please, José, I read what you said, and I have just one suggestion or proposal. On the Internet we have the structure of the course and we have the principles and we have some other information. The idea is to give our users the basic knowledge for them to understand ICANN.

---

Perhaps they might know the Internet, they might know the principles of the Internet, but they do not know the functionality.

So, if we add a paragraph or certain words, and ICANN drafted it, if you will, we can add information regarding the definition of a DNS, the definition of certain key terms.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is Sergio Salinas for the record. Alberto, if you read what is on the record – well, it's exactly that. I do agree with you and I'm sorry for interrupting you. As I said, I agree with you on all your suggestions and points of view and regarding the platform, well, I'm not going to discuss that. Because it seems that I am defending or in favor of Internauda.org, in favor of the platform, and this is not so.

So I don't want to discuss or waste time discussing. The thing is, every time we decide to perform a course or deliver a course, we cannot work together – so we need to compile all the information. We can use the Wiki. So there you'll see on the chat, I've posted the password – of course you already know the platform.

Many participants here have already worked with this platform, the Moodle platform, so I don't see... They won't have problems in working with it, or when working with this platform. Please, let's be sincere, let's be honest: LACRALO is providing this information to the users, to the Internet users and, well, this is the situation.

So I think we ourselves can decide on our own platform and work together. Of course we are Internauta but that's only a name – for the



---

rest, everything is at your disposal, and we are offering this to you because this is what we have.

If any of the organizations participating in this call would like to offer perhaps a platform or any other tool, of course we can accept it, we can consider it and work on that. I'm not in favor of Internauta and I'm not defending this platform. I would like you to have the same right.

But what we say is this: we have this platform and we are offering this platform to you, if you want to use it. And if other tools are required, okay, well, we will see what we can do about that. Staff has access to this platform, which is a separate page or a separate platform from the Internauta web page.

And you can also have a database apart from the Internauta web page. So Staff and all the participants and the technicians can access this information. And the idea was to offer this here for us to be able to work.

But, all the tools that will be used to work will be in one place. We will have all the information in one single place; videos and so on. And we can have it on the Wiki as well, posted on the Wiki, so we can still use the Wiki. So we can access all this information from the Wiki. Thank you very much.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Alberto, would you like to take the floor?

---

ALBERTO SOTO: No-no.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Are there any other comments or questions? Humberto?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Silvia Vivanco speaking from Staff. I have heard the different opinions and I would like to repeat that you have the support of the Staff with this project. I think it would be good to have or to create a Wiki page so that we can have all the information there and within that Wiki page we can post the questions and then create a link to the Moodle platform, so that we can access that Moodle platform.

Once this platform is used by members of the community we might generate a password. But the idea is to have all the information in the Wiki because the Wiki page is the formal... Or it is a kind of formal relationship between the ALSs and ICANN, so this is the formal page, or the formal method for which ICANN provides information and access to different information to these ALSs.

So these can be a kind of bridge to another platform, for example the Moodle platform, but our policy is using tools to improve communication. And I would like to thank you all because you are always bringing up new issues and new topics. And we need to arrange the logistics of these conference calls. So of course you have our support for this initiative.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much Silvia for your comment. The survey was sent by email. I don't know if you have received the email, otherwise I will send it to you again, or if you wish I may upload this survey on the Wiki, but the idea is first to try the survey here – that's why we had this call. The idea was to discuss the platform, but since we're not able to log in...

I don't know if Alberto was able to log in...? But anyway, we can upload this information on the Wiki, but first of all we need to discuss that. So I don't know if it possible to test these or to perhaps post a test for participants to answer whatever they know?

The idea here is to know the basic knowledge in our region. That is the basic idea or the main idea of this. Alberto, were you able to log in?

ALBERTO SOTO: I don't have a link?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I have posted it on the AC room. So the password is Albert, with a capital A, 2013. Humberto, I see your hand up. You have the floor – go ahead please.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Can you hear me? Okay, I think we need to give this a pragmatic approach. The Staff itself uses the Doodle tool to arrange meetings, and this is a very good tool, but it is an external tool; it does not belong to ICANN. So I think that if we can store all the information on the Wiki and

---

we can make the most of this system, well, that would be a great option. So I don't see any problem with this. That's all, thank you very much.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Aida, do you have any question or comment? You are not obliged to give your opinion, I am just asking you.

AIDA NOBLIA: Aida Noblia speaking, can you hear me? This is Aida speaking. I was listening to you all. We are newcomers so I wanted to listen to you. I know the Moodle platform and, well, it's just that: a platform. But there's nothing in particular about it. It might be useful. I don't know how well organized it is, but the tools are good, they're okay.

Now, thinking about practical issues, well, the fact of having all the information in one place is much better. So I would like to thank you for all the input, but what I can say is that I'd rather use something that has been tested before and something... Or use a tool where we can have all the information together.

But if we could have this bridge that Silva mentioned before, that would be another possibility. But of course I respect all of your suggestions, because as I said before, I am a newcomer so I cannot give you a concrete opinion about this. So I don't have any problem in using any of the tools, of course, these tools know the organization much better than I.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much Aida. There is something else I would like to mention, and this is a question for all of you. When you say, “To find everything in one place,” are you referring to the documents for the training? This question goes to Alberto, Humberto and Aida.

AIDA NOBLIA: Aida speaking. Well, I was thinking about having all of the tools there. Accessing... Or to access through the ICANN web page, because if there is everything in one single place then it is much better. But I can access Moodle, for example, due to other reasons, so it’s fine for me as well. But I think it would be better to have all the information in one single place.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I would like to ask you something else. If the Moodle platform would be linked to the Wiki page, which is our working space, would you all agree with this: with having Moodle on the Wiki or inside the Wiki?

AIDA NOBLIA: I think it would be okay.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Alberto, what’s your opinion about this? Alberto is not connected... Humberto, what’s your opinion?

ALBERTO SOTO: Yes, I am connected; I am online. I have typed my answer.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So, I will discuss this with Dev and with the Staff to see if we can have a VIPER of a Moodle platform. Dev, this is Sergio Salinas Porto speaking, how are you? We are not avoiding the Wiki, we are integrating the Wiki with an e-learning platform, so it's just the other way around.

The idea is to use the Wiki page, or to use Wiki, but when it comes to e-learning, Moodle is better because for e-learning we have Moodle. I know that you know that tool. So the idea is to see if we can create a VIPER and see if we can include the Moodle platform, so that we can have all of the information together, and on the other hand we are using a new tool. Alberto, were you able to access the Wiki?

ALBERTO SOTO: This is Alberto Soto speaking. Sorry Sergio, I couldn't find the link on the AC room, but anyway, I think that I have the email with all the information so I will try it later.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I will repeat my question. Were you able to access the Moodle? Not Wiki, but Moodle?

ALBERTO SOTO: No-no, Sergio, I understood you well. I was not able to find the link on the AC room.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay, I will send the link via email for you to have it. And now we will bring this meeting to a close, but we need to agree on two topics, or two things. First, our next meeting, to decide... Not regarding the platform but regarding the content or concrete issues. And on the other hand, we need to index the Wiki to keep on debating these issues.

But in our next meeting we need to start working. Once you access the platform you'll see the different dates... The start date for the course. This is just an idea – I think it was June the 6<sup>th</sup>. This is just to provide a deadline, but we need to seal this deadline. So perhaps we can meet next week? What do you think about that?

Humberto agrees on having this meeting next week. Alberto, what do you think?

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto Soto for the record. Well, to tell you the truth, I can tell you that I may agree with certain issues, but I am really disappointed with this meeting, because we need to discuss other issues that are much more important than a platform. So, my time is valuable and I think your time is as well. We need to improve the efficiency of our Working Groups, because we cannot waste so much time in explaining issues that are totally understood by everyone.

Trying to use a platform and trying to justify this... Well, it's not useful because we are not associating a platform and an organization. I will say that the idea is to have only one place to find all the information relating

---

to ICANN and we wasted more than half an hour discussing this and trying to find a link.

So this is an absolute waste of time and this is not possible. We cannot have this same situation again because this happens in every single LACRALO Working Group. So, please, let's think about LACRALO and not about ourselves, and let's learn to work together – we need to start working together as a group. Thank you very much.

Dev, you have the floor, thank you very much. Please, be brave because we only have... We don't have...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Are you hearing me?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Hello? Are you hearing me?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes Dev, go ahead please.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. Good. This is Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking. You know, I can empathize with Alberto because this is my first time attending this and the Agenda here was to look at the progress and I understood this



---

to mean that it was to look at the questions for the survey that we were planning to issue anonymously to the ALSs.

And we got bogged down in terms of content management systems, which are, in my mind, not appropriate to have at this point in time. You know? So I'm hearing the conversation about using this Moodle platform, and it's on this system and so forth, but to me there are two significant issues with this.

One, we are developing content, and I think one of the goals of this group is to be able to share this content with the rest of At-Large. Because by putting this in a platform that is not known to the regular At-Large, and it's not a common tool within ICANN, we are potentially putting things in a silo which nobody else can access.

The second problem here is this: Moodle allows for testing and quizzes and so forth. I don't claim to be an expert in Moodle but this brings up a concern here. That means that information about when an ALAC logs in to test his knowledge, then that information is going to be stored on the server. So that means that, in a sense, that ALSs knowledge, or lack of knowledge is going to be tracked when they use the system.

And this, in my mind, is a little bit of a privacy concern. So I would really recommend that we really focus on the content, as... I saw the document that Sergio posted on the Wiki, in terms of what content we are looking for.

Let's develop that on the Wiki and please, let's put the questions of the survey on the Wiki so that we can all comment on it and move on.

---

Because the implementation issues that are being raised here aren't survey ones, in my opinion. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We have exceeded our time so we will bring this meeting to an end. I suggest going on with the discussion on the mailing list. We have a Working Group so now we will have a list to discuss all this information. This will be an efficient list in LACRALO, and I hope we can meet soon to keep on discussing this topic.

So thank you very much for participating and we will now adjourn this call. Thank you very much.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you again to the interpreters for this.

VERONICA: Thank you Dev.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPT]**