GISELLA GRUBER:

I'd like to welcome everyone today on the APRALO Beijing Events Organizing Committee call on Tuesday the 26th of February at 04:00 UTC. On today's call we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Hong Xue, Holly Raiche, Rinalia Abdul Rahim. Apologies noted from Jack Qiu.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco and myself, Gisella Gruber. And if I could also please remind you to please state your names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you, over to you Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, Gisella. This is Holly for the transcript record. I think we can wait for, looking at the invitation on the Adobe Connect we'll wait for Pavan. I know that there's one action item and I don't know if either Heidi or Gisella have the answer as well, whether we've heard back from the Philippines ALS? Because all the other invitations have been sent, and the other action item, Gisella has sent the plan of the meeting room which was very interesting and useful – thank you very much, Gisella. Do we have information about the video conference facility? This is going to be necessary I think for the Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable, so that would be the kind of one admin thing that we need to do. Do we have an update on that? Do people hear me? Hello?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Holly, this is Heidi. Do you mean the video conferencing in terms of

having a speaker being able to speak remotely?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes I do, and the reason that I ask that is if, I don't know if you read the

two bits of information Rinalia posted in our earlier discussion, but the second topic in the Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable was about IDNs and some people will be participating remotely in that event. That will be on the Monday, the event that's from 17:00 to 19:00. So this was just a

checkup on will those facilities be available for that event?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Holly, this is Heidi – I have not yet heard back from Meetings staff. I'm

going to make a note to resend that request for information one more

time to them. Sorry for the delay.

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh no, that's fine. We do have until April, but thank you for checking

and that will be an action item on ICANN staff so that we know, we've

got to be sure that people can participate remotely. Okay, is Pavan on?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes, I'm here.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, excellent. Have we heard back from all of the ALSes?

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

Most of them, most of them yes. I'm working with Maureen so some of them which we haven't heard from, so I just want to put it all together — I don't want them to keep on getting messages from me and then Maureen. So I'm working with Maureen to see who hasn't responded and then we'll just, I'll respond to them with for example, meeting them for coffee or if they haven't done their questionnaire work on that in that way.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, alright. Is there anything we need to know on how we can help you?

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

I think it's pretty much good. I'll be working with Maureen and hopefully this week, early next week we can get that sorted.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay. Now I think there was a question that we've got two new ALSes – one was the Philippines which was fairly recent and then there was the Armenian Disability Group, which is even more recent. Have we tried to contact them?

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

The Philippines one is already on the list. I've spoken with Matt. The Armenian one I'll have to double check, I think they're pretty much there but I'll double check and I'll get back to the group.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, because they've just recently become a member and it may not

be that they're on your list. So if you can check with the Armenian

Disability Group-

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Sure, if it comes to it that they're not on the list then we'll have to make

sure what we were talking about before with the remote participation

in some way.

HOLLY RAICHE: Excellent, thank you very much.

PAVAN BUDHRANI: No problem. I just have a quick update – is it okay to have two minutes

to update everyone?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yep.

PAVAN BUDHRANI: And so basically, I don't know if everyone knows but at every ICANN

meeting .asia initiated something which is Community.asia where we

bring together members of the Asian internet community, be it

registries, registrars and so on. And then APTLD, APNIC are part of it as

well and we do it at every ICANN meeting where we have a booth in the

booth area. And for the coming one in Beijing, I've spoken to Edmon

about it and we'd be more than happy to have APRALO over there. So

APRALO will have their logo present over there and we can also have some of APRALO's brochures actually over there as well.

And another thing is, I'll be working with Heidi on that one – because we have sponsorship for that one so we have a [bag] insert, so if Heidi's able to send me some brochures because we do the packing here in Hong Kong and we send it over to usually ICANN in Beijing. So APRALO could have their brochure in the ICANN bag insert as well.

HOLLY RAICHE: Heidi, is that an action item on you just to work with Pavan so that you

can get APRALO stuff there and packed up?

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, I've asked my question in the chat for Pavan.

PAVAN BUDHRANI: Yeah, I'll get back, I'll send you a private email, Heidi, and we can get

that sorted as soon as possible.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Excellent, excellent. I trust everything's in the wind, we've worked on that, yes. Okay. Do we need to know anything else? We do have, and thank you, Gisella – the diagram from the hotel and we worked on the facilities. Is there anything else administratively? Maureen, is there anything that we need that you can think of to support either of the two events we're talking about, which would be the...

MAUREEN HILYARD:

The Showcase and the...

HOLLY RAICHE:

Are you okay with that? Do you have everything you need?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, Holly, it's Maureen here. Just as far as (inaudible) I think we're okay at the moment with the Showcase. Are you hearing me okay? And the Capacity Building, I've been just keeping in touch with Janice. There was a little sort of confusion I think about the meeting times but I think it's coming together. I'll keep everyone informed as things happen.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, good. Now, okay. The local hotel update – is there anything that we need to know about that, Heidi or Gisella, or is that okay?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. My understanding is that it is 99% sure that the ALSes

from APRALO will be staying in the Howard Johnson hotel which is

immediately-

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh my God!

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's a lovely hotel. Maybe I'll go ahead and put the link in for it and it'll

be very easy – the commute is literally across the street.

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh my God! I haven't seen one of those since my childhood! Thank

you, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Holly again, the officers and the RALO leaders will be staying in the

venue hotel. This is for the APRALO ALSes only.

HOLLY RAICHE: And everybody else will be staying in the hotel?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well the APRALO and RALO leaders, yes.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Thank you for that. And moving right along, now we're up to the

Showcase and what we've got from Maureen is this amazing Showcase

presentation schedule. Maureen, do you want to go through this, through the schedule that you sent – the draft program? Or are you on track for this?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Can we put it up because I'm trying to find it — I know I was looking at it just a few seconds ago but do you think I can find it now? [laughter] I mean I know I have, I mean as I said before, as I've started to get things more organized and it's working with Pavan, working with Gisella because she's organizing, getting a lot of the tables, table organization and that stuff — I think that I'll, I just want to make sure that everybody knows what's going on as decisions are being made.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, let me just read it to you since I've got the whole thing in front of me, since you don't have it in front of you. By the end of February each ALS will indicate their intention to display as an individual ALS or as a team. Now, I notice the Islands are getting together with the Chinese, right, working together?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No, the Islands are getting together with themselves and the Chinese are getting together. So I think that like a lot of them, (inaudible) yeah.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, then by March 4, which the next time we'll meet will be probably in that week, the local logistics team will explain what basic equipment will be available, right, for the [stay] area. And anyone who wants to

say something, however briefly, should talk to you. Is this something that you and Pavan should get out to each ALS and say?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Well yeah, I've got the preparation dates in front of me now. We have been, I think that when I'm talking to the ALSes I will actually let the...

Now that we're starting to communicate a little bit more although as Pavan said there are some who still haven't, I think it's sort of like (inaudible) for example – you know, a message just to remind him. And I think that they're all aware that they have to do things, they're just like getting down their favorite photograph [wheel] or something, I'm not quite sure. But we will, I'll let them know and I'll invite them if they want to say something, but from the conversations that I've been having with individuals they're quite happy to stay in their own little areas, designated areas and have people come to them. So I mean I think it'll work out fine.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

We'll keep the speeches to a minimum, the official ones really.

HOLLY RAICHE:

That's alright. I'm just looking at the program which will be, for those not looking at Maureen's diagram, it's going to be 12:00 noon to 6:30 is setting up. 7:00 to 7:05 is going to be my good self, I'll make that 7:00 to 7:02. [laughter] It will be my job to give Fadi his five minutes. Olivier

has got five minutes as well. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to put Olivier after me and have Olivier introduce Fadi. I'm just thinking in protocol terms that might make more sense.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Holly, this is Heidi.

[crosstalk]

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, this is Heidi. Holly, yes, that is very possible. In fact that has been the normal way of doing it, is to have... Actually yeah, we can make that change, no problem.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Yeah, and then this welcome to the ALSes from the Chinese ALS community...

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That was just a recommendation but it wasn't anything set in stone.

HOLLY RAICHE:

What do people think about that? And Hong in particular, on Maureen's draft program for the Showcase event, would you or someone from the Chinese ALS community want to say something and in fact would it be sensible for me to be replaced by that?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No.

HONG XUE:

Holly, if this is a question for me I'll raise my hand – do you see it in the room? Yes, I have two comments. First, for Maureen's wonderful work I'm very grateful, and what we're doing now is a video – it's not really a PowerPoint. I think seven of us can get together to make a video so it could be shown. We don't have sound so it won't disrupt others, just maybe among the other slices – this is a motion picture, this is the first one. But for the presentation, Holly, that is very kind of you – I think it's still proper for you to speak. For these ALSes, according to my memory, we don't like many talks. We want to relax, drink, look around.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Well, I will leave it to you to say welcome to the ALSes and particularly

to our Chinese community.

HONG XUE:

Oh, right, right, right.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Hong, how about the action item is I work with you on how we handle

that one.

HONG XUE: Okay, we can work together. I'll teach you some Chinese and then we'll

be fine.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, yes please. I'll probably ruin it. Look, if President Kennedy can

stand up and say something like "How's your hotdog?" I can wind up

making a fool of myself too.

HONG XUE: Yeah, okay, so that's possible.

HOLLY RAICHE: Alright. [laughter] So why don't we leave the order then as I will say

something in dreadful in Chinese, followed by Olivier who will be far

more-

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh dear. Perhaps, Holly, you should say something but in dreadful

Chinese, not something dreadful in Chinese.

HOLLY RAICHE: I'm sorry, Cheryl, you're right.

HONG XUE: That's important. [laughter]

HOLLY RAICHE: A misplaced adjective. I should say something in Chinese but I will say it

dreadfully, right, there you go. This will be followed by Olivier then

followed by Fadi Chehadé, and after that there will be drinks and

nibbles. So a slight modification, Maureen, from your program.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that's fine.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Holly, this is Heidi.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm looking at the schedule. Do you want Steve Crocker at all or no?

HOLLY RAICHE: Do I want what?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Steve Crocker, the Chairman of the Board. Should he be invited to

speak or just Fadi?

HOLLY RAICHE: No. Oh gosh.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No? Okay, let me go ahead and remove him then.

HOLLY RAICHE: Remove him. I mean I don't-

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It may be a no call, because didn't Maureen-

HOLLY RAICHE: Rinalia has her hand up and then Cheryl, and then- Actually Hong, are

you finished because your hand is up.

HONG XUE: I've finished, yes, thanks.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, Rinalia?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Yes, hi Holly, this is Rinalia. I'm going to object with Olivier introducing

Fadi because Olivier is not the host of the meeting; you are. And I would say the same about Steve Crocker as well, so please take control.

[laughter]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I told you it was a takeover.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Rinalia, this is Heidi. What about the same with Steve Crocker, I'm not

following you, sorry. Do you want him to stay or to go in this?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

I agree. I'm just pointing out that I agree. I'm just saying that Holly, if anyone is introducing anybody it's Holly. She owns the mic. [laughter]

HOLLY RAICHE:

So (inaudible) speak up, thank you. Rinalia, we will sort things out. I appreciate your enormous regard for my enormous capacity to run the Chinese language singlehandedly. I'll tell you what, Heidi, what we're saying is there's probably going to be very few speakers. It's probably going to be very quick and people are going to have their minds on the drinks and nibbles, I can assure you. So anybody who's standing between a glass of wine and nibbles is in a dangerous territory. That's my feeling about that.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, this is Heidi. I'm going to just make a slight adjustment and then you can refresh the... But go ahead. I'll do that and then I'll put in the link when it's ready.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, excellent. Thank you. Now, Cheryl has her had up. Cheryl, you're next.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, Holly. Look, I'm the last one who wants to stand around listening to speeches but you do have to strike the right balance. For many of the ALS members to actually hear Steve Crocker, even if we can string him to two or three minutes, as the author of ROC 1 and 2 – these are pretty important things. If I need a drink I'll pop down to the bar and miss this altogether, right? [laughter] We are not only showcasing our ALSes; we are allowing our ALSes to feel integrated with the wider ICANN as well.

So I'm all for not having long speeches but I also will suggest that people, if we move through all of this too quickly – well actually, you know it might be an advantage. I am double booked that night and I guess I could be out the door by 8:00. And so that would help me get to my other commitments. But you see what I mean? Get the balance right. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Maureen? I think there will be a bit more discussion on that, okay? I don't think we can solve it right now, I think we'll go moving ahead but let me say I think there are probably legitimate views on both sides. I think probably what I'm hearing from Hong is that I will happily welcome the ALSes from the Chinese community. I think what we do with Steve, certainly we've got to have Fadi, we have to have Steve and we'll talk about Olivier as well in terms of protocol. And Maureen agrees... Okay.

Next item, we've got sponsorship and promotion. Now, at this stage do we have anything and is there anything we should be worried about at this stage? Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yes, you said is there anything to worry about? No.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay. Do we need any sponsorship or did I just kind of...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

[laughing] I wish you'd stop asking the same question and getting the same answer because we said if there is anything we need sponsorship for we will produce sponsorship. And the answer is no, we don't have anything that we understand we need any sponsorship for. If that changes we'll change it.

HOLLY RAICHE:

I promise never to ask again. [laughter]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I mean you know, I'll let you know if it changes, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

I'm sure you will. Capacity building – Maureen, I hear that you are working well with Janice. Now is there anything that we can pick up there that we should know about? Or is that something-

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Maureen here for the record. I think that capacity building, as far as Janice's program is going pretty, pretty well and we just, I've just got to make sure that our timing sort of is appropriate so that they're not missing out on ALAC meetings time that they need and they're not missing out on the Newcomers' Track meetings and the Fellows meetings. No, I think we're getting it [done] and we're working with Heidi and making sure everyone knows what we're up to.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Right. Now, I have to say-

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Is it that Rinalia can't hear me? Oh!

HOLLY RAICHE:

Rinalia, Maureen is working with Janice. At this stage things are going well. She's working on the timing and if you look at the center screen for the Adobe Connect, what she's making sure is that in terms of timing it all works in. And I'm just looking at the Fellows meeting on Sunday – we've got... Now Maureen, when is the capacity building? That's just part of the Newcomers' string, isn't it on the Sunday? When is the capacity building?

capacity ballanig.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, it is.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, so when we look at the Newcomers' string which is on Sunday,

which is 10:30 to 5:30, that's really going to be capacity building. Is that

right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We haven't called anything specifically capacity building. It's actually

incorporated into the program.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Holly, this is Heidi.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yep.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I'm sorry if I can interrupt and again apologize-

HOLLY RAICHE: I love to hear your voice, okay?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Just again on Sunday, I've just realized that I have not put in the

APRALO ALS Introduction which is scheduled for Sunday 8:00 to 9:00 right prior to the ALAC meeting. So APRALO ALSes will not be going to

the Fellows meeting 8:30 to 10:00; they will instead be going to the 8:00

to 9:00 APRALO Introduction meeting which I believe is going to be the

first fifteen minutes where Holly and perhaps Rinalia or whoever would

like to, just walk the ALSes through the week's schedule. And then

Olivier is confirmed to give an introduction to the ALAC and to At-Large for thirty minutes, and the final fifteen minutes will be questions. And then they'll be able to join either well the ALAC meeting starting at 9:00, and then they may wish to go to the Newcomers' Track meetings starting at 10:30.

HOLLY RAICHE:

That was all terrific. But Cheryl has already beaten me to it -1 was about to ask exactly what Cheryl just asked: "Can you send a copy of the updated events..." Could you actually send to me what you just said will be in that event so I can start planning for that as well? I'm going to add that to the events that have to be planned and then add that to the agenda.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, I will do that.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, thank you. Rinalia will be happy to be there; don't worry, you have been drafted anyway. Now Maureen has her hand up. Maureen, go for it.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, hi. I was aware that we were going to have an introductory meeting but I hadn't, I must admit I haven't been following this overview. And so I had actually told my ALSes that they were actually starting at 9:00 and that they wouldn't be expected to go to the

(inaudible) meeting which I knew. But as long as I can also actually get a copy of that program about that meeting, please?

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, I think the action item is simply to send to the whole of the

Organizing Committee the updated copy of the events with that event

in it, and that's an action item on Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you, I'll do that right now.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, thank you. You've got to be quick out here, otherwise... Oh, I see

Hong has her hand up. Hong, go ahead please.

HONG XUE: I have a question. On the draft agenda we can see that APRALO has a

joint session with the Fellowship on Monday through Thursday. Are these mandatory to the At-Large Structures in APRALO? They are

recommended to join... I think this is important information they should

circulate beforehand. Back to you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Heidi, what would be...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Can I answer that, Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE:

Maureen, go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, sorry – the APRALO ALSes have been invited to attend the Fellows meetings Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and this is the program that Janice and I have been working on. I understand that, I mean all the ALSes that I have been talking to, I actually have told them that they are not mandatory for them but I'm just wondering what your... Have you got a separate program going on at that time, Hong?

HONG XUE:

Oh, well no, just a little overlap on Thursday morning. My question is that Fellowship has its own policy and is disciplined and is very strict. All the participants must be there at 7:00 AM sharp, and for the APRALO At-Large Structures of course, it's also our policies agree with that. I could be there, but we should let them know before they're coming to Beijing that this is a heavy program.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, I did let them know. They have been informed that that's what the program is.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Maureen, I'm going to go to Heidi next but just to say something that Hong has pointed out in the travels, in the emails, and that is for some local ALSes the time of 7:00 is fairly difficult to meet. So I'm not saying

change the time, but I'm saying I think we have to make it clear to the local ALSes that it may be difficult to meet this time and in fact we should kind of leave a little bit of slack or something I think, you know?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE:

Yes, is this Heidi? I saw your hand, I was going to go back to you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

I'm just urging, I just want to say — it's good news because Janice has already incorporated this flexibility into her schedule. For the first 30 minutes, so from 7:00 to 7:30 is sort of just a coffee and everyone can be a little bit more of a social time. 7:30 is when the presentations from the various AC/SO leaders start, so again, the first thirty minutes it's not absolutely necessary to be there.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay. Hong, does that help out a bit?

HONG XUE:

Oh yes, for me I can do. But for my Board members leaving another part of Beijing it will be difficult. But still, if only one representative from one At-Large Structure, we can make it.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Alright, good. Next, let's see... Now, (inaudible)... Okay. We've got capacity building, General Assembly – just something to say about the General Assembly is it's just a standard meeting. What I'll do is I'll turn what I've said into an agenda but unless anybody can think of anything startling, it's a normal General Assembly that we have. What I'll do is I will turn that into an agenda.

And noting that what Cheryl suggested last time was that part of the General Assembly would be a thorough review of the Rules of Procedure and if Cheryl's not careful, I've put her hand up already to talk about it. So I'm so pleased that she's volunteered to do that; I can't tell you how pleased I am, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I only need the timing in my calendar, so I'm certainly planning on doing it, Holly – Cheryl for the record. It's not just the Rules of Procedure; I think this is an opportunity where we can do a bit more of the specific inreach as well. So it will be as much an empowerment exercise as an explanatory one. What you need to do, however, Holly, is get to me and Gisella as soon as humanly possible to block off time that that is going to be; because as Gisella knows, I'm already triple booked for most of the week and I literally am running things in... You know, I'm not putting up blocks of an hour; I'm putting up blocks of ten minutes.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay. Could you-

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Twenty or ten, but get it into the [fair] system so I can juggle other

things around it.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, what would you like me to call your session? APRALO

Processes, something like that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Your Region: An Overview. Your Regional Involvement: An Overview,

there you go.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, I can do that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's being done by the Queen of Processes so we'll probably lead it in

that direction. [laughing]

HOLLY RAICHE: I've put Queen of Processes beneath it so thank you very much.

[laughter] I'll leave that one off; people will find out later. Okay, local

engagement – now, is this being absorbed into anything else we're

doing? I would have thought that the local engagement is coming from $% \left(1\right) =\left(1\right) \left(1\right)$

this joint Fellows and APRALO ALSes but Maureen, do you see it that

way? And Hong, do you see it that way because it's separate from the

Chinese event? Cheryl, hand up?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, I just... It's related yeah, absolutely, but it does include a few things like making sure that a representative at least from each of the ALSes spends some time in the booth and outreaching to anyone who happens to come along at the ICANN meeting. Now we've been offered space and place to promote APRALO by .asia – it would be obviously Pavan can only wear so many hats, as can Edmon. It would also be appropriate if we encourage people to do some time over there.

So I think what we need to see under that is a few sign-up sheets for who can do what when, and to that end I would think we should still leave it as a separate item but it does integrate a number of the other things. It would also include materials and mechanisms, and that crosses over to some extent to the promotion as well. But I certainly think that it is an opportunity for us to promote APRALO, not just ALSes but to all sorts of community interests that we may come across during the Beijing meeting – network, network, network. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you. Hong, you've got your hand up?

HONG XUF:

Okay, I agree with Cheryl. I think yes, the Chinese meeting so-called, it can be a part of the local engagement program. In addition we have the Showcase, Reception, Capacity Building in the morning – all these can work for the local engagement. And I hope we can have the brochures distributed, especially the Chinese version at the venue so that will be good for the local outreach. Back to you, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, and earlier in the discussion we did have an action item on Heidi which she will do of course, which is to send the brochures. So I think we have that under control. Now, the Multi-Stakeholder event – Rinalia has been slaving away.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

Hi Holly, did you want me to speak?

HOLLY RAICHE:

Of course. You've been doing so much. It's like the whole thing's organized already. [laughing]

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

Ah, thank you – this is Rinalia for the record. Yes, I'm following up and we have confirmation from all the speakers with the exception of three, and I've gotten Edmon to agree to chase them down at [Epcot] in Singapore today. And so we should be able to get confirmation by the end of the day if not tomorrow, and if there is anyone who has not confirmed I'll have them replaced immediately or just drop them off the list.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Whoo!

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

My only concern is – don't worry, it won't affect the New gTLD Panel, only the IDN one: I know which ones to substitute and which ones to drop just based on the issues themselves. What I'm concerned about is

pM and I need to know from Heidi as to when can we get some more information about the (Inaudible) session and the DNS Industry session? Barring which I would then just make a decision without that information, and if that is the case then I really need staff support to help me follow up with all the confirmed speakers to check whether or not it will affect their availability and to confirm whether or not they will be present or participating remotely, because my sense is some of those speakers don't realize that there is no travel funding. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, this is Heidi – I've just written to Rinalia. Regarding the topics for the meeting on internet governance, I'm going to find out ASAP on what their topics are. Regarding the possibility of remote participation for your presenters, I've just followed up with Meetings staff again on that question so I hope to have a response in the next day or so.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, okay. What I'll do is I'll flag in my little meeting notes that we need to, well... It's 5:00 to 7:00 unless we have to change it, and if we have to change it then in fact there's going to have to be a lot of help for not only Rinalia but for some of us to actually make sure that these speakers that we've already lined up can meet at another time. That's an (inaudible) that may be a big one, but we're sort of there.

Now speaking about the local Chinese event, Hong, are you happy that it's now moved to 8:00 to 9:30 on Wednesday and you need support from ICANN staff to help you out with this particular event?

HONG XUE:

Holly, thank you and special thanks to Heidi for kindly rescheduling the time. I guess this is the best time we can possibly get. This is already very tight, a tightly scheduled meeting. So okay, I'm okay with the time and looking forward to get the room confirmation. One suggestion that there could be some Chinese version brochures available in the room, that would be good. And Holly, would you like to speak at this Chinese meeting, to meet these-

HOLLY RAICHE:

It depends on whether I've been provided with [rotten tomatoes] from my bad Chinese earlier. [laughter] I'd be happy to, I'd be happy to.

HONG XUE:

Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

What you have to do is you have to tell me what to say.

HONG XUE:

Not in Chinese; there's going to be translation.

HOLLY RAICHE:

I don't think I'm going to try Chinese.

HONG XUE: Okay.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, I'm happy to (inaudible), that's not a problem. Okay. I think, do

we have anything else that we need to talk about? It seems to me that the only major outstanding issue right now is the timing of the Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable but everything else seems to be going along

very well. Now my one question: are we going to have nice red things?

Oh, what happened to the red fans?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi-

MAUREEN HILYARD: This is Maureen here. I think we'll just start working on that one, won't

we Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, Heidi's got an update.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, just really quickly – this is Heidi. I spoke with Lynn today and she's

again happy to work with Pavan and anyone on the local sourcing. So just to go over if I may where we are with the various items or what the

plan is.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Great.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. So Lynn is working on the pop-up banner. So what we do need, Pavan, is if you can please send me the logo for .asia we'll get that going. That's going to be sourced locally here in Los Angeles; however, Lynn is going to be reaching out to Cheryl and Maureen and Pavan to work with the lapel pins — again, those rosettes that we're looking at. Pens, the outreach business cards and also red fans if we can source them at a good price because we're thinking our budget's going to be approximately \$1000.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Heidi, we could actually sell them – have you heard of that? Or we could give them as prizes. We could give an APRALO fan, one for every ALS only plus one as a prize. What do you think?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Holly, Cheryl here. Unfortunately that wouldn't meet the minimum requirements. The lowest numbers you can order on these things is usually 300 or 500, so that's the issue.

[crosstalk]

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Cheryl, that's actually what I wanted to just confirm. We did have, on the last promotional items call we had, or at least I took the note that

we wanted 1000 of the business cards. But we just wanted to know whether that was the same for the pens as well – Pavan and I wanted to know that. Do we want 1000 pens as well?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

If I can kneejerk on that I'd rather have more budget spread over a variety of things and have less total numbers. So I would suggest that if there's a minimum under 1000 for the pens we go for that and we can leave the audience wanting.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, so we can say try for 500 of these, let's see how they go, and maybe a lot less fans – I think if we had 200 fans is that plenty?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Whatever the minimum is.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, the minimum. Pavan, maybe we can work with Lynn on that?

PAVAN BUDHRANI:

Sure thing, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Heidi, I will sell them. If there are any left over...

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm not sure you can do that. [laughter] I don't think you can sell them.

HOLLY RAICHE: We can make them collector's items. On the first day we can say

"Everybody gets one today, and if you don't get one today you're going

to miss out!"

[crosstalk]

HOLLY RAICHE: We have to give them to .asia – everybody who's involved with .asia,

the people in .asia get some. The people from, at the Chinese event get $% \left(1\right) =\left(1\right) \left(1\right) \left($

them. What are we going to do? Let's make it a scarce and valuable

[item]. We don't like the (inaudible).

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We're not answering, Holly. Take the silence for what it means, dear.

[laughter]

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh Cheryl, you (inaudible). It's not a [new fan].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We'll have one I can assure you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh I know, but will I? I will leave this to Cheryl and Heidi to work

through how many of what we are getting.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And Pavan, okay. I'm just going to write a note to Lynn and Pavan and

Maureen, and etc., on this. Okay, thank you. Oh, also an update – Lynn would be happy to join the next promotional items call this next week.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Terrific.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, excellent, okay because we're pretty well [on track on that]. In

fact, people, we have almost six minutes before we're on an APRALO call. Are we allowed to take a break? Or first of all, is there anything else that really needs, or something other than the Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable which is going to take some doing, but anything else that is not on track at this stage that people would like to discuss? Going once,

going twice... The final thing I'll do is-

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh Holly, just one from me? One from me, Maureen?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

If we can actually have the events overview changed as soon as possible, yep.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Okay, Gisella, can we have it ASAP? Well, we have not actually worked through the APRALO Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable. It is now scheduled from 17:00 to 19:00. There was discussion about moving it so that it wouldn't clash with a particular event. Now what Rinalia has said is if we move it there is some work to do in terms of letting speakers know, and I would suggest within the next two or three days at a maximum we must make a decision to leave it where it is or find a good decision to move it. That's the one outstanding item that's really major. The rest of it is going along really well and I'm very pleased.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Holly, Cheryl here.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Yes, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I literally reorganized the NomCom schedule of events around that time already. So if it's going to move, first of all yeah, real fast knowledge would be good and secondly I make absolutely no guarantees for all of your regional people who are involved in NomCom.

HOLLY RAICHE:

And I think Cheryl, there was a certain reluctance if I may use the word to move it. I'll go no further than that, but simply to say that I think the point has been made that there has been a lot of effort put in by Rinalia to organize the speakers and so it will not be an easy task to reorganize all those speakers. So it will not be a decision taken at all lightly, trust me if I can put it that way.

And we will work in the next couple of days, Rinalia, to either confirm or then do some really heavy scratching around, okay? Now, is there any other matter...

[End of Transcript]