

GISELLA GRUBER:

Welcome to everyone on today's APRALO Monthly Call on Tuesday, the 26th of February at 5:00 UTC. On today's call we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Hong Xue, Holly Raiche, Pavan Budhrani, [Dunela Astbrink], Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro, Fouad Bajwa, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Narine Khachatryan. I hope I haven't left anyone off the attendees list. We also have our guest today who is Dev Anand Teelucksingh; welcome Dev.

Apologies noted from Julie Hammer, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, and Siranush Vardanyan. From staff today we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco and myself, Gisella Gruber. If I could also remind you all to please state your names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you, over to you Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you Gisella. The first item of business I was hoping their might be representatives from our new members, including the Armenian Association for the Disabled and the Citizens Chapter of ISOC; they're not here but I guess maybe to record the fact that we are happy to have new members and to welcome them even though their members are not on the call. The first item of business, Dev has kindly volunteered, or perhaps was volunteered making that (inaudible), to talk about the New gTLD Group and the next steps, which will require input from the RALOs. So Dev, over to you for the next five minutes of whatever.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you very much Holly; this is Dev Anand Teelucksingh speaking, and a very good morning or good afternoon to everyone. As per the process by which the ALAC can object to a new gTLD application, the New gTLD Review Group has been working very hard since the deadline for At-Large comments was last month, and have been reviewing the comments and making various decisions based on the comments and our discussions.

Around the 16th of February we decided that based on the comments received and based on the evaluation of the comments we decided to draft objections comments on five applied for strings by five applicants. So our first link in the chat below which will probably summarize this better, so here's what has happened. The review group has now completed it's drafting an objection statement for each of these five strings for applicants for .health and one applicant for – well I'm going to probably mispronounce this, but it's for the IDN application .jiànkāng.

So if you go to that website you will see the applied for string, the applicant, the objection statement that was drafted by the review group. And I would say a lot of effort was put to actually drafting these objection statements. I think those were like eight calls within this past month alone. And the Wiki page where you can find more information and RALO comments. So what has to happen now is this, all the RALOs, including APRALO, has to review each of these five gTLD applications and their corresponding objection statement, and to advise the ALAC as to whether the RALO supports the objection statement to be filed by the ALAC to the new gTLD application.

There can be no modifications can be made by the RALO to the objection statement. The RALO can only either support the objection statement or not support the objection statement. Okay, and the advice for each of the five objection statements must be sent to the ALAC by March 5th. And the reason why is because this allows the ALAC itself time to review the RALO advice, and of course, the objection period for the new gTLD program ends on March 13th. So if the ALAC is to decide to file applications it needs a few days to actually communicate with ICANN to pay the objection fee and so forth.

I think I've summarized the key points. As I've said, it's all on the Wiki page there, and of course I'll be happy to answer and questions or any comments.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Dev, just actually it's the comment to either Heidi or Gisella – it would be useful if you could type in the chat room, or possibly an email, the link to the page that Dev is referring to, so that we can all have a look at what the work group has done and we can make comments as soon as possible. And it may help people around this particular call to have a look, maybe if not now, later. I think Hong has a question, Hong?

HONG XUE:

Oh thank you. Thank you Dev, this is very good update to let us updated what has happened in the review group. I went to that page and I saw this very interesting information. First of all, I declare I have no conflict of interest and I'm fully aware that the review group is independent from ALAC and any other groups, so it can make its own

decision. Dev, if you could kindly refresh our memory about the procedure of the review group. As far as I can remember, when we discussed the function of the review group, the community objection raised by the review group should be based on the comments from the community, from the At-Large community.

If there is no comments then normally the review group would not take action against any string based on community objections standard. Is my understanding correct?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you Hong and yes, you are correct. The reason why these pages probably don't have the comments is because they have just only been created within the past two hours. Because we just had the review group call about six hours ago, and it was the decision at that call to release the statements for RALO review. The comments that were received by At-Large was posted to, and I will post the link here...

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you Heidi, and thank you Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: And I've also posted the link and Heidi has also posted the link; the one page PDF of the At-Large process by which the ALAC can submit an objection. So to answer the question Hong, yes a comment was received from IMIE, and if you will go to that link you will see what that comment was from the IMIE, the International Medical Informatics Association. And the comment and the discussion we had, we reviewed

the comment and based on our initial reviews felt that an objection grounds on community objection grounds, sorry, could be sustained.

And I should also mention what the community objection grounds are, because...

HOLLY RAICHE: Hello?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: So, there you go. So, the community objection grounds listed four tests for which an objection can be sustained against an applicant. And the four tests are community, substantial opposition, targeting and detriment. And the dispute resolution service provider has to, must see all four tests to be passed in order for the objection to be sustained, and that's what the attempt of the objection statement that the review group provided attempts to do. So Hong, I hope I answered your question.

HONG XUE: Hi Dev, thank you very much. This almost answered my question. I went to the page for comments received, I saw the comments for all four .health that are [key] TLD strings, but I can't see the comments against .jiànkāng, the only IDN string in Chinese. Will you please inform me...

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Ah yes, I forgot. Let me just post that link in the chat. And here is the second link onto that one. Essentially at the time, given that the IME string, comments I should say that started the review initially, we had grouped the five strings on one page. But it was decided after going through the application and raising the concern that perhaps the IDN should not be grouped with the ASCII version groups; that was the reason why this separate Wiki page was then created.

But the comments essentially were the same. The comments were from the same IMIE, and the decisions were based on that comment.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Hong, are you happy with that?

HONG XUE: Well yes of course, but I guess for the IDN at least it is more relevant to the closed generic term rather than the public health concern, because in Chinese we have different understanding for the term. But of course that's not relevant to this one but thank you very much, Dev. Back to you Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay and Fouad would like to enter the room, okay. Are there any other comments or questions from Dev, otherwise we can let him go back to bed or whatever, or get up early, whatever. Dev I think we can let you go, but look, thank you very much. Let me just remind people that in fact any comments from APRALO have to be forwarded to ALAC by 5 March; that's our deadline. So would everybody on the call please

have a link, a look at the work that Dev and the team has done, and provide any questions, any comments, whatever to ALAC before the 5th of March would be very welcome. Thank you very much. And Dev, I think we can let you go, but thank you very much for your time.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, thanks. I'll probably stay on the call just a little while longer, and perhaps not.

HOLLY RAICHE: You want to see if we're nice to each other, I know. Next item on our agenda is I suppose it's action items, and I don't – before the action items, I think what we'll do is first I'll do a quick update about the organizing committee. Wait a minute, we don't have, on this agenda we do not have policy items. That's ridiculous. Olivier, are you in position to talk about the policy items that are facing APRALO and ALAC?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Holly, this is Heidi. Those policy items are on item nine.

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh, oh. Because I'm only up to six, sorry.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah Holly, it's Olivier here. I'm still sleeping at the moment, so it can wait until it's nine.

HOLLY RAICHE:

I'll wait until it's nine, off you go back to sleep. Okay, two items, first an update on the call half of us were on just before this call, and that was the Beijing Organizing Committee. And just to go through up to a lot of the administrative stuff has been done in terms of invitations to people, in terms of acceptances, in terms of confirming accommodations and travel etc for the ALSes, in terms of the actual committees which are formed around the various activities that APRALO will be organizing.

The first set of events will simply be the showcase and reception. Now this event – let me get out my updated event thing – the showcase will be on the Monday evening. It will be 7:00 to 9:00. We had a little bit of discussion as to who should speak and who shouldn't speak. At the moment we have I will start off, I think; followed by Olivier. But I think Rinalia would like it in another order. We will have Fadi and we are certainly thinking about having Steve Crocker at the moment, hoping that everybody will keep themselves to about five minutes or under.

This will be followed by the event where all of the APRALO ALSes will have their own little displays or videos or whatever they want to do within the area. And there will be drinks and nibbles for everyone. And Maureen has done an absolutely smashing job in getting this organized. We're pretty well on track with getting it organized and getting the participation with most ALSes; I'm very happy about that.

We have a committee called Capacity Building, but we're actually weaving that into the Newcomers Stream, and then some of that is also going to go into the APRALO meeting. The Newcomers Stream is really the normal meeting, which is in the mornings of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, no sorry, Monday, Tuesday,

Wednesday, Thursday. We are going to include the Chinese ALSes as well, which is going to mean they have a little bit of difficulty getting across Beijing; we're going to let them have a little half hour of slack in terms of giving time to get there, but we will be weaving the Capacity Building into that.

And then some of what we want to get across, which will be a discussion about our around processes including the rules of procedure, will also take place in terms of an ALAC meeting, which we'll fit into, and I haven't got this latest update, but we're fitting into a session we've got, that the ALAC itself has.

The General Assembly – I'm sorry, that's when this will happen. The General Assembly we're going to have a number of items to go on in the General Assembly. Cheryl is going to be talking (inaudible), the title of her talk is going to be The Regional Involvement; an Overview of APRALO. And then the normal items for that. Now the multi-stakeholder meeting which we are planning for Monday, we had originally scheduled that from 5:00 to 9:00.

Sorry, originally it was 2:00 to 4:00 and now it's 5:00 to 9:00. We've invited people. There's some discussion as to whether that clashes with other events. Rinalia has done a terrific job of organizing. We've got two main topics and speakers for both. The first of the two topics will be the new gTLDs and we're having speakers from the GAC, speakers from compliance, speakers from consumer organizations.

And the second item is going to be IDNs and we're going to have speakers from various language groups within APRALO, and we are organizing that at present. Some will be coming in remotely, so we're

actually worrying about the facilities for that, but that's sort of in [train], we're happy with that. Hong has been organizing an event which will be particularly for the Chinese ALSes and we've found a time for that, which is great, which is on the 11th of April, the Thursday, and that will be 8:00 to 9:30. We had a little trouble setting that (inaudible), and we talked about other outreach events as well.

So we're pretty comfortable with the planning, everything seems to be going very well at this stage. As I say, the only – oh we are organizing everything, we're going to have event things to hand out including pens and pins and a banner. We also decided...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Leave some mystery to it, will you.

HOLLY RAICHE: I'm saying nothing else except you all better be really nice otherwise you won't get the little red (inaudible), so there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [laughter] That was Cheryl for the transcript record.

HOLLY RAICHE: Go back to sleep Olivier. Anyway, it's really starting to look really well and I have to say I would like to specifically thank Maureen for an enormous amount of time and effort that she has put in, and I would also like to specifically thank Rinalia, even though she's not here, because she's also put in an enormous amount of time and effort. And I'd also like to specifically thank Pavan and Heidi and Gisella and everybody else because it's all coming together very nicely.

Now, I don't think anybody's going to correct me on that summary, are they. Good. Anybody could correct me and say things aren't going swimmingly, good. My next event I'm going to have to wake up Olivier for. The topic is the budget for 2014. I've had a look at the budget for 2013 to have a look at what was and was not granted in terms of the things that the various RALOs including ALAC asked for and the amount that was given and for what, which will form an excellent basis for the sorts of things that people in various RALOs want to put in applications for.

Now, Olivier, are you awake?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes I am indeed awake or I am not and I must be talking in my sleep. It's Olivier for the transcript record. Can you hear me?

HOLLY RAICHE: Of course we can hear you. When would you like APRALO to start thinking about what it wants to ask for in terms of money for 2014?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Right. Olivier for the transcript record. There are two things actually. The first is that there will soon be a call between the RALO Chairs and leadership and the At-Large Finance and Budget Subcommittee due to two reasons. The first one is there will be a call for RALO input on projects and so on. However, there is likely to be a main item that the ALAC is going to ask for, and that's the holding of an At-Large Summit, second At-Large Summit that would take place over in London in June 2014.

That's a sizable, a very sizable chunk of funding that would be asked. And as you may understand, if we do ask for this Summit, and I really recommend that we do because it's a chance that we're being given here, if we ask for that it would be unwise to ask for a lot of other funding for a lot of other activities as well. So this is where we're going to have a call with all of the RALO Chairs to explain this in more detail. And I understand that this call is imminent; I haven't managed to read all my emails yet. I gather maybe staff hasn't managed to send this call out yet, but it might come out today. I'm open to Heidi letting us know when that would be sent.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm going to pass it over to Gisella. I think that's probably going to be sent today, the Doodle for that, if I'm guessing correctly.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Gisella here. I was muted. Gisella here just to say yes, it will be sent today.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay perfect, so it's Olivier again for the transcript. So this is all in progress and all will be explained at that time, but yes, one thing that would be appreciated is if RALOs do not submit a dozen items, which is on one side, I guess, good news because that's less work for the RALO, but on the other side it's also good news because if this item of the At-Large Summit Number Two passes, then we're all going to be able to have a face-to-face and be able to talk to each other and work together in London. So, that's all for the time being.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Holly, Cheryl here. Another very good reason to allow, if not encourage, as many of the Board members, Chairmen of the Boards etc, who might want to get to know us all better in Beijing and future meetings to do so.

HOLLY RAICHE: Indeed.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Back to my, if I need a drink I'll go to the bar, but a showcase should be a showcase, [golly].

HOLLY RAICHE: Right. Okay, well and the same of course is that the next IGF will be in Bali. There you go. In our next of the woods, we're going to just go up there, that's like going to the beach in [Bondar] but we won't go there either. Now I really do want Olivier to be awake for at least the next 15 minutes for the policy...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think he's officially started his day now Holly, so – Cheryl here – we probably don't need to worry too much about him snoring off at this point.

HOLLY RAICHE: If we can be on a call at 2:00 they can be on a call at 2:00 can't they.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Absolutely Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you. Olivier, it is lovely to hear your voice, and if you could continue by putting on your policy advice development hat it would be wonderful to just review what policy we've done and what we're doing would be great.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Holly; it's Olivier for the transcript, and I'll take off my night hat or night cap one might call it, and put the policy advice hat on. So pay attention everyone. You also have a look at the policy advice development page which will have a link to, which has links to all of the statements that are under development; all of the statements that we've actually drafted, we as in the ALAC, and At-Large members as well who take part in these policy statements.

So there are a handful of statements that have recently been adopted, and so the first one is the ATRT 2 candidate endorsement. It wasn't a

statement per se, it was just an endorsement of candidates that have been, that came forward to serve in the second Accountability, Transparency Review Team. The selection was made by the Board Chair and by the Chair of the GAC. In our community we had two people that were chosen as representatives. From the ALAC that's Alan Greenberg and myself, and we also had someone who is holding a function in the community, that's Avri Doria who is Chair of our New gTLD Working Group. And Avri has also been selected as part of her GNSO hat, or wearing her GNSO hat. I guess she can't be just part of the GNSO hat.

Next, the Thick WHOIS PDP Working Group; that was a statement, as it says, on the Thick WHOIS, and there was a lot of discussion centered around the subject itself. That was adopted with 40 votes for, zero abstentions and zero votes against. The next is the At-Large IDN Variant Top Level Domain Program – procedure to develop and maintain the label generation rules for the root zone in respect to IDN A labels. And this is all to do with the complexity of variants and how to, well as you know, the variant working groups, and there are quite a few people involved from At-Large in this program, have been working for at least a year if not two, time just flies so quickly, and they're reaching out some results in their work, so we've commented on the actual procedures to work this out.

I'm not going to go into details with it because I understand half of what's going on in this, it's impossibly complex. But it is excellent work and I have to thank those who are involved, namely or mainly should I say, Rinalia Abdul Rahim and Edmon Chung as well as our IDN Working Group, because we do have an IDN Working Group. So if any of you are

not part of it but are interested in internationalized domain names, then I would recommend that you join our working group.

And next the ICANN Volunteer Engagement and Travel Support Issues – now this was sent as a correspondence rather than a statement. So I just sent this over and you can click on this to see what that was about. The next, the statements or endorsements currently being developed or voted on by the ALAC – there was one on the report of the GNSO Working Group on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice and Competition; much discussion going on regarding this statement, because the original first draft was put together by Evan Leibovitch was a little should we say, well it was quite critical of the process.

It was softened up after many iterations, and it was finally decided that this was not going to be a statement, but was actually going to be a correspondence; a letter that was going to be sent to actually not to Steve Crocker, to Shareen Shalabe who is the Chair of the New gTLD Program for the Board. As we know, Steve Crocker, with a few other people, are conflicted, so there was a sub-working group that was created by the Board that included all of the non-conflicted members, and that's Chaired by Shareen Shalabe.

There will be a carbon copy sent to Steve Crocker. I'm happy to also announce that only is this correspondence going to be sent I think tomorrow or the day after, as soon as the voting ends, if of course the voting says that it has to go forward, not only will this be sent over to Shareen, but I will also be holding a call, a conference call with Shareen Shalabe on Wednesday morning, my Wednesday morning, if I wake up.

Next, there will be a statement on WCIT outcomes; that's the World Conference on International Telecommunications. I was, last year, sorry not last year, last month I was saying that this was in progress, it still is in progress. In fact, I have finished the report, the overall report and I have gotten a green light from the UK Government to release it. So that's imminent as well. As soon as this report is released then I'll produce a first draft summarizing a few points from that large report, which I think is about 30 plus pages or so.

Next is the consultation on gTLD Delegation, Re-Delegation Performance Standards, also the same with regards to the ccTLD Delegation and Re-Delegation. Cheryl and Alan are drafting a joint statement and I know that Alan has been very busy with the Rules of Procedure, the last few iterations of the Rules of Procedure. It's an enormous amount of work so.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We're drowning, not wading but we don't need a lot on that one if something is to be done, yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: The comment period closes on the 28th of February, that's in two days time; I don't think that...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Well if that's the case, as we said at the previous meeting if I may just because it does, I think, affect a lot of the large number of At-Large structures represented in the region would be keep to have an answer

to at least some of the questions on local internet community input. I would suggest that what Alan and I put together go from the ALAC as a piece of correspondence advice and not within the normal constraints of the comment program.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thank you very much. And for the benefit of the transcribers, this was Cheryl Langdon-Orr. Next, the closed – so sorry Cheryl, we will just be waiting for this. Do you expect this in the next couple of days?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Alan and I haven't even spoken on it.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, so maybe more than a couple of days.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I would still think a couple of days, but.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay I will ask you the same question during the ALAC call, and I will also ask...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And you'll get exactly the same answer this evening sir, yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: The further question I will ask at that point will be whether you require the Chair of the ALAC to ask for an extension or to notify the staff in charge that we will be submitting a statement during the reply period. Anyway, you don't need to answer this now. Thank you. So next the Closed Generic gTLD applications, and Evan Leibovitch has drafted a statement. In fact, I would like you to pay some particular attention on this one, because there has been an important discussion that has taken place regarding this.

Evan was of one mind. That in fact the Closed Generics are not great, but they're not harmful. And he personally was not against the Closed Generics. However others in the At-Large community felt differently and felt that the Closed Generics were harmful. And it was quite clear after a few days of seeing the input from At-Large, and Evan has sorted the input for many members, that there was no real consensus on this within the At-Large community.

And so, the statement that he has drafted, and I understand that there's a latest version that will be up later on today, but we can have a look at the temporary or sort of the first draft, or in fact, it's not even the first draft it's probably the 10th draft after the number of times he's reworked on this, basically says that the attitudes towards the closed Generics can be distilled into two general camps. Number One, Closed Generics are harmful and Number Two Closed Generics are not great but not harmful either.

To give you an idea, Closed Generic top level domain, let's take an example like .book, for example. .book, to be registered by a single organization that does not open it to anyone else to register sub-

domains under that top level domain. So if company XYZ had .book and would use only .book for its own internal purposes and therefore would not allow anyone to have ABC.book or Car.book, or I don't know, hotel.book or ALAC.book underneath then it's a Closed Generic TLD.

So because we have these two camps, the discussion that took place yesterday regarding this was that we would divide, we would basically present the statement as the two general camps and ask the ALAC in consultation with their RALO and basically consulting their community, which of the two would they prefer. And in such a case then providing the results to the Board in that statement and saying "The vote of the ALAC was X number for Closed Generics are harmful and Y number for Closed Generics are not great but not harmful either.

And we are hoping that this would provide the Board with a reasonable view of which way the ALAC feels and basically reflecting the view in our community. It's not a simple yes or no answer, it's one which I think is as neutral as possible, if we could provide both sides and then the ALAC would be asked to vote on it. Now the question and the reason why I'm spending time on this is because I want your ALAC members in your region to consult with your region. And I know that there will be a call for, not for comments, but for the ALAC members of each region to liaise with their region and I wanted you to be aware of that.

This is all going to happen later on in the next few hours. So that's the one on the statements currently being voted on. Now the next one is the currently open public comments. The first one is the consultation on INS Secure Notification Process. Now this is a technical process on how IANA receives notifications. We haven't provided any statement in

the past on any of these procedural things, so there's no statement on this. The next one, the IDN Variant TLD Program, draft final report examining the user experience implications of active variant TLDs.

Again, it's to do first with IDN Variants, which does introduce some complexity because you do need much of the background knowledge on this, but it's primarily on the experience that users have when they use different types of browsers and different types of applications in active variant TLDs. No statement for this. The work of the Variant Team is really amazingly good and rather than just say yes, in the interest of saving some of our resources it was decided not to have a statement on this.

Next, the policy versus implementation choice that staff has been developing. No statement on this. We are monitoring the direction in which this is going and there will be ample opportunity in the future to make more statements once this procedure is ready and more cooked than it is at the moment. Next, the interim report IDN/ccNSO Policy Development Process. I will be asking the ALAC later on today for me, tomorrow for you on whether there should be a statement or not on this. And I gather that Cheryl will be able to provide us with a reply; either Cheryl or any of the people in the IDN Working Group.

And next the revised new gTLD registry agreement, including additional public interest commitment specifications. That's a question that I'll be asking Avri Doria. I'm not sure whether she'll be able to make it to the call, but any other members of the New gTLD Working Group will be asked to comment on this to find out if a statement is necessary. I note that the comment period here closes on the 26th of February, which is

today, so it might be likely that we will not be able to draft a statement in time, but we'll see.

Next, the WHOIS registrant identification study, Carlton Samuels who is our WHOIS Working Group Chair will be able to let us know if a statement is necessary on this. I must also say that Carlton was selected to work in the, I can't say it, the WHOIS Replacements, because it's a program that runs in parallel that ICANN has just launched to identify and design a system that will provide identity system for domain names. I'm not sure what they call it but it's still an acronym being worked out at the moment I think. And so Carlton has been traveling or will be traveling or maybe is traveling at the moment to Marina del Ray, well what used to be Marina del Ray and what's now Playa Vista in California.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, this is Heidi.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Is Carlton around?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, he's actually going to be taking that meeting remotely.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay remotely. But he'll be part of this and so he'll confirm if a statement is necessary on the WHOIS registrant identification study. And may I add also that for any of you who are interested in WHOIS and

have missed the call that took place earlier last week, I would highly recommend that you listen to the recording or that you read through the transcript; very, very interesting discussion and very, very insightful discussion.

And then finally, the At-Large preliminary issue report on uniformity of reporting. Evan Leibovitch is going to confirm if a statement is necessary on this one, and the comment period closes on the 22nd of March, so we still have a little bit of time ahead of us. And that was a mouthful, but I know hand the floor over to you all if you have any questions on any of these comments, public comment periods. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you Olivier. Does anyone have any questions of Olivier so far? And I will just remind you, we will be asking all of you for your opinions on that closed gTLD issue just because there was a great deal of discussion on the ALAC list about it. So I will be sending, actually Heidi could you send a link to me and I will just forward it to the RALO list and start consultation as soon possible. We will be looking for feedback from everyone on that one.

So any questions, particularly on that issue, but does anybody have any questions on any of the issues that were raised by Olivier? We might be in...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Holly, Cheryl here.

HOLLY RAICHE: Cheryl, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, this is Cheryl for the transcript record. Not directly related to this huge number of public comments and out to public comments and soon to be closed public comments, but I did wonder Olivier, on a related item to this. Have you or the ALAC Executive been given any idea from ICANN whether there is going to be a tailing off or a building up to an even more ridiculously large numbers of requests for comments, etc, between now and Beijing; remembering, and I am putting on my [AOC-er] hat here, so perhaps you'll want to listen very carefully Olivier, that the last Affirmation of Commitments Review Team was very, very particular about things like not overloading the community before face-to-face meetings and immediately after and things like that.

This is a scarily large number and I think ALAC needs to watch it very closely. Thank you.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Cheryl; it's Olivier for the transcript record. The only amount of information that we have been provided so far is the officially published table of public comments and it's got one tab which says "upcoming". So in theory these are the only public comments that are upcoming between now and Beijing is actually nothing. There's draft report on overall policy selection of IDN, ccTLD and then there is absolutely nothing until the 18th of May. Sorry, what am I saying. I'm

looking at 2012, that's even better. A trip into the past. So the upcoming public comments are all based on last year, goodness.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think (inaudible) changed.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I'm just discovering this by the way, so I do apologize for my mistake just now. That might provide you with an answer.

[crosstalk]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl here. I think your discovery is important because I suspect that this is something that has dropped through the cracks well and truly.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Cheryl. And I take note, and I think that one action item which I will immediately take on is to write to the people in charge of public comment and asking WTF is going on on this one.

[laughter]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you kind sir.

HOLLY RAICHE: Alan – I'm thinking of Alan. Olivier, I think we will allow you to have a little bit of sleep between now and 10:00 in the morning for us, thank you. Okay it's daytime now. That's really very distressing.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah his day is just starting.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I'm wide awake now and it is very distressing because it's a full day.

HOLLY RAICHE: Right well, we have a full week. If there's no other comments or questions of Olivier, I will let you go. And are there, actually since we've got five minutes left, does anybody have any other business to raise or questions to raise? Otherwise everybody gets an early mark. Ah...sweet. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Early mark sounds good to me.

HOLLY RAICHE: Early mark sounds good to me. Finally, Gisella, could you send around, and I forgot to ask this in the Beijing Organizing Committee: could you send around a Doodle for the next Beijing Organizing Committee? I would be very grateful for that, thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Actually Holly. Sorry, Cheryl here. Just before we lose everyone, while you're sending out things to the list it might be a good idea just to remind them all to contact Maureen and Pavan if they haven't. I know they're reaching out, but sometimes a nudge from another email address can be a little bit differently dealt with, so I just wanted you to push that.

HOLLY RAICHE: For what? For the Beijing Organizing Committee or for...?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: For their material packs for Beijing. The survey, the questionnaire and all that sort of things.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yep, okay. Thank you, thank you Gisella and thank you everybody. We have a five minute early mark and for those on the Beijing Organizing Committee, we will talk to you very soon. Thank you very much. And thank you Dev if you're still there, and thank you Olivier for getting up a little bit earlier than normal. And thank you everybody.

[End of Transcript]