
GISELLA GRUBER: So I'd like to welcome everyone today on the APRALO Beijing Events Organizing Committee on Tuesday, the 22nd of January at 04:00 UTC. On today's call we have Holly Raiche, Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Hong Xue and YJ Park. We have apologies noted from Jack Qiu and Olivier Crépin-Leblond. From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Gisella Gruber. If I could also please remind everyone to state their names when speaking for transcript purposes. Thank you, over to you, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you very much and welcome. I trust everybody has seen the updated agenda which is also on the screen. I have one question and perhaps Gisella or Silvia can update us, or Pavan, and that is at the last meeting we did get an update on everybody who has been invited, and we've heard from just about everybody except two. The one update I'm thinking about is the Philippines, and have we communicated to them and have they replied? Just because they're a new chapter, a new member.

GISELLA GRUBER: Gisella here. I'll let Silvia respond to that one. I'm not 100% but if Silvia's not able to respond to that one we will make sure that we follow up shortly and give you the update. Silvia? Sorry, it's Gisella again. I don't hear Silvia speaking. Holly, if we may just update you as soon as possible after the call?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HOLLY RAICHE: That would be excellent, thank you Gisella. The next item on the agenda is request ICANN meeting invitation. I'm not sure what that refers to. Can you update me and then I think underneath there's also the local hotel update – do we have information on those two?

GISELLA GRUBER: Holly, Gisella here. With regards to the hotel update no, we are still in the process of working on that with Meetings Team. And the other question was the request ICANN meeting invitation – I'd need to let Silvia respond to that one. I'm not 100% on that one.

HOLLY RAICHE: That's fine, thank you very much for that. What is next is the Committee updates and planning issues, and the agenda that's actually on our working space has got a number of items. It starts out with sponsorship and promotion and then Item B is Showcase Reception. I would like to change that order because there has been on the list a fair bit of discussion about the Reception itself and is that going to be part of the ICANN reception or is that going to be a separate reception?

And from what has been said on the list the original cost was set to be about \$10,000, and that was in the context of us holding a separate reception. The cost for Edmon when he asked to ICANN about the cost, it was put at \$50,000 – I think that was a misunderstanding or at least that was the price for us being part of the larger reception. What I want to do is ask everybody on this call are we intending that the Reception and the Showcase item be part of a larger ICANN Reception, in which

case the information given to Edmon would refer to that; or are we doing something smaller, which is what I think we all understood would happen. And from the discussion on our own workspace I think that's right.

Now Maureen, you're on the call – is that your understanding? And your hand is up and then Cheryl's, so Maureen first, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Holly. Yes, Maureen here for the record. Yes, the discussions that we've been having of late have been (inaudible) quite interesting. Firstly, just going back to that ICANN meeting invitation, I'm not sure why it's there but I do know it's important if we're applying for a visa or something like that-

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh yes, yeah.

[crosstalk]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, and as well I've actually applied for a [letter] from CNNIC, the Chinese internet group and they've sent a separate one which they also say is important for visas. So just clarifying that issue.

HOLLY RAICHE: Actually...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Go, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: That actually is a separate and first item and perhaps it's noteworthy to say if anybody is having any problem getting the two letters which are required to get a visa, I would say please contact Gisella although it's probably Silvia... You do need both to get a visa. I have received both and I am in the process of getting a visa and it should be no problem, but I think we perhaps, maybe Silvia and Pavan can write everybody asking if they have received those two letters? Okay, I just think that's a separate item. Now Maureen, I'm sorry to have interrupted – please go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No that's fine, thank you – Maureen here again. Now just getting back to the Showcase, the original idea was as you say, we wanted to have a separate Showcase and Reception but we thought that if it could follow on from the opening event... We thought it would be really nice if we could have our Showcase earlier on in the week so that APRALO really did have a sort of focus right from the outset. But it was not intended to be part of the main one – that would just be too big. I think that if it becomes part of the main event, the main reception, we will lose our own identity as APRALO. So I'm quite for having it as a separate event.

Now the discussions that we've had during the week related to the sponsorships has caused a little bit of confusion. So I really have to leave that up to Edmon to clarify what those issues are and also just to

get back to what I think he was prepared to pay for, to sponsor, which was the... I mean I don't think we're asking for too much with regards to tables and chairs and organizing the room and that sort of stuff, but I still have to have some conversations with Edmon and Pavan to find out more about this because we haven't actually engaged as yet.

Similarly I haven't been able to touch base with the ALSes yet myself anyway, because I know that they're being finalized, but before we can progress anything more formal we do need to have... I mean I would like to have some conversations with the ALSes just to let them know first of all what our plans are but also then to have some conversation with them to be more inclusive about how they might like to participate – and that we can negotiate some involvement leading to that, especially with respect that we've only got a short timeframe so they'll have to cut down, speeches must be kept to a minimum, those sorts of things.

So there's still quite a lot of work to be done with respect to this but I'm sure it'll come out in the wash, but yeah, there are some issues that need to be dealt with between Edmon and the ICANN Organizing Committee, so I'll wait until I hear back from him. That's my report regarding the Showcase.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, and we'll get back to that in a minute and we'll get to Cheryl in a minute. I think this meeting has to decide now to confirm our concept of what the showcase and Reception is, which is that it is separate from the ICANN reception because my reading of emails has been the cost that was quoted to Edmon related to participation in the main event, not in what we were doing. And I think once we confirm

that this is what we're doing, which is a separate event, that in fact we will be back in track and we will be back to where we were.

Now if people can just on the Adobe, could they just put a tick if everybody is comfortable with the Showcase Reception being a separate event to the larger ICANN event? Are people happy with that? Just thank you, Maureen, one tick. Do we have other ticks? We've got YJ, we've got Cheryl, Rinalia... Thank you. Alright, that confirms it – we are talking about a separate event to the ICANN reception. Gisella, do we have a set time for the Showcase? It's down as Monday, April 8th, 7:00 to 9:00 – so that's what we're talking about. Is that right? That's on the screen that we've got. That's what we're having? Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: It's Gisella here for the transcript. Holly, yes, we're confirming the time from 19:00 to 21:00 local.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you very much, okay. Now Maureen, that should help you in your planning, okay. Edmon, your hand is up; Cheryl, your hand was up – would you like to speak first?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl here, it took me a while to unmute. I ceded to Edmon. I may put my hand up after he speaks though.

HOLLY RAICHE: Alright. Edmon, would you like to go ahead, please?

EDMON CHUNG:

Thank you, Holly, and I just wanted to I guess clarify a few things. First of all, when we first started talking about this certainly the Showcase would be separate from, an independent event. As we went along, I just want everyone to know, the exploration was especially with Hong and with CNNIC people – we were exploring whether if there was... Because in the last couple of ICANNs there wasn't a welcome reception, at least for Toronto I believe there wasn't one, and I don't remember for Prague – there might not have been one.

So given the timeframe and given if there wasn't going to be one, that CNNIC or CONAC or ISC wasn't going to put one together and was going to focus on the Gala, then the idea is that we could turn this into, also invite the entire ICANN community and make it the Welcome Reception as well. So that was the thinking behind it, and hence probably that was the confusion that was created.

So we did explore and I did ask CNNIC and the hosts and they were not planning specifically for, at least when I was asking they were not planning specifically for a Welcome Reception on Monday but instead focusing on the Gala, so that's why the suggestion was made. And my original idea was that we can make this one, we can increase the budget a little bit so that the food and drinks would cover let's say 1000 people – that that would be a possible scenario for us. So I guess that rolled into it then being a sponsorship for the particular event and hence the increased amount and all those kinds of things.

So I'm pretty flexible in which way... I think we'd like to make this happen. And the bigger item is that we'd like to make sure that it

doesn't conflict with other events, and I think we are happy to try to invite everyone from ICANN to come by as well. So that I think hopefully gives a little bit of history of what transpired.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, Edmon. I think that does raise questions in terms of the appropriate venue, the appropriate costs, and how we actually plan this because the planning as Maureen will say as soon as I let her speak was for a smaller event. Now, I think we've already got the actual Showcase and Reception scheduled in for the Monday night. I think the event that you're planning is going to have to accommodate what your aims are. If it's just APRALO then it's one venue size and activities. If it's supposed to accommodate a lot of people actually visiting and being welcomed and having food for them, that's probably different.

Now, if you and Maureen can between you work out... Because the two of you need to plan what kind of event. I think we've clarified it is not an official ICANN event – it is something that APRALO is doing. But what you are saying is you would like to expand it or do you want to actually change it into an ICANN event rather than an APRALO event? What are the implications, because there are implications?

EDMON CHUNG:

I guess the critical factors are really just two things: one is whether ICANN needs to charge a premium because of that, and the other one is whether we want to invite the broader ICANN community. So those are the two questions I guess we should resolve here.

HOLLY RAICHE: Well, we should resolve here and we should resolve right now because whatever planning is going to go ahead is going to depend on venue, on I suppose the kind of event it is and the necessary sponsorship. Maureen, do you want to say something now? Maureen? Ah, she's gone away, she's completely gone away. Cheryl?

GISELLA GRUBER: Holly, it's Gisella. Maureen seems to have dropped. She's just entering the room again now if you would like to.... She should be hearing us now.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, thank you. And meanwhile Cheryl, you have your hand up.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you. I just put my hand up just to make very clear that from the very beginning of any of the Showcases they have always been open and we have always invited the wider ICANN community. Now, sometimes that's turned up with a huge number of people, for example in the NARALO event where Vint Cerf was the keynote speaker we got as many as you would have at a Reception. And at other times it's been less than that and sometimes it's been rather sad and pathetic, but it really depends on what other competing events are on.

The advantage of course, I mean to be honest show and tell to each other is a pretty worthless exercise. The only real purpose in doing these sorts of events as an outreach is to do show and tell for those of us who are not ALSes and do not have the opportunity to find out what

we're doing by looking at each other's [notes]. So just keep that in mind while you're doing your deliberations. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you. Maureen, you're back and you have your hand up?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, sorry about that – I just pressed the wrong button and I got myself lost completely. Yeah, like Cheryl says, I don't have a problem with opening it up for the whole of ICANN to come along and visit the displays and the APRALO event as such. I think we need to have some clarification as to whether, does Edmon... Edmon, I'd just like to know, are we actually including ALS displays that are not APRALO? Are we actually including ALS displays from other RALOs as well? And I think that this is where I have a little bit of a problem because I really think it's important for us, if at all possible, have the focus on APRALO. I'll just leave it at that for the moment.

HOLLY RAICHE: Edmon?

EDMON CHUNG: Okay, so no, I think for the ALS part we're focused on APRALO, at least from my perspective. The event is a Showcase of APRALO and that's the idea. And in response to what Cheryl said yes, certainly – we have always invited others and that's the whole point for it. Sort of the gist of trying to talk to the hosts and ICANN and say "Why don't we call this the official Welcome Ceremony, Welcome Reception as well?" is to

make sure we do invite the people, because regardless, the RALO Showcases have always been on the ICANN official agenda. The question is sort of how we advertise it. If we just say it's an APRALO Reception, the number of people we get will usually be smaller unless, as Cheryl mentioned, that we have a prominent speaker there and we're able to get the message out.

That's why the idea took that turn and in terms of... Because if we were just going to advertise this as a RALO Showcase, as an APRALO Showcase and have a reception there I think we probably don't need additional sponsorship. There is some budget for APRALO to handle something like this as far as I understand, so that's another part I'd like to get a sense of as well. But in order to be able to cater to an additional audience coming in and looking at what our ALSes have done, that's where I put my .asia hat on and say "This is worth supporting and we'll chip in so that that can happen." So that's where my head was and also is, has continued to be, but I am perfectly comfortable with whichever way we take this.

And I think in terms of trying to make it happen, you can count on .asia to support it but we're not looking to make a big splash and make it like a sort of marketing ploy for this. So I just want to make sure that's the understanding.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Could I sum up this discussion because we have a bit to go through for the next half hour? This is in fact not an official ICANN Reception; it is an APRALO Showcase reception that is open to everybody, that will be advertised to everybody; that perhaps should be planned such that a

range of people can be there, can have their little nibblings or whatever, and therefore this will impact a bit on the size of the room and it will impact on the refreshments that are available. But we will leave it as an APRALO Showcase and Reception, and perhaps if we have a stunning speaker or two this will attract a range of attendees. As Cheryl said, that's the intention anyway.

Now there were some questions that needed to be answered in terms of the Showcase. We have confirmed already that we do want the Board and the CEO to attend. Have we said whether interpreters are necessary? And I think Maureen and Edmon, if I can ask you to work through some of the questions that were raised at the past meetings, which were do you need interpreters?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Holly, this is Maureen here. Yeah, I think yeah.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. What you need to settle would be... If you can do all of that that would be great, and by the way, did you get [Cathy Tan's] email address and are you working with her? Hong was supposed to send her email address to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I did get Cathy's email, yes. It's Maureen here. I did get her address and I have written to her but she hasn't responded yet.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Are you happy that we actually leave this, now that we've actually clarified the sponsorship levels we need and the questions that have to be asked.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [I'm happy with that].

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, excellent. Now, going back to what was supposed to be the first item on the agenda, which was sponsorship and promotion – this was Edmon and Cheryl and Jack. Edmon, does that help you in understanding and getting and wondering about what sponsorship was available?

EDMON CHUNG: This is Edmon speaking. Generally I'm fine with it. There is one clarification thing I did want to get, is what budget from ICANN are we getting and how are we planning on spending it? That part I'm not too sure about.

HOLLY RAICHE: Gisella, may I put that down just as an action item to see if there is a budget? I think the point that Cheryl raised either this past meeting or a meeting before is what else if anything do we need sponsorship for? And where will we get it? Because I think we were talking... Certainly from what NARALO did, they had t-shirts and they had little trinkets and stuff. I'm not sure how much that cost but the main event, the main sponsorship thing was always going to be the Showcase. So I think what

we need by next time is do you need any more sponsorship? If so for what, and where would you get the money?

Cheryl, do you have your hand up? No? Alright. Because I've always thought that sponsorship was really about the main event, the Showcase. So Edmon, I think I'd like to hear not only if there's an ICANN budget but what would you need a budget for, okay? I don't understand what other than possibly little trinkets and things we've got. Okay?

EDMON CHUNG: Right.

HOLLY RAICHE: I just don't know at this stage. The next...

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: Cheryl, yeah, go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Cheryl here. As I said in the chat, my memory and it happens to match with Rinalia's memory is [about \$7,000 in the contingencies] for "events." That, Edmon, obviously you need to know about any bling – and I don't think we need to do too much bling but we certainly need to do something that identifies all of our people as our people, so it's part

of the branding that everyone can notice. But we can obviously look at what existing costs are for that or we can go to specific sponsors for \$1000 there, \$2000 somewhere else – that sort of sponsorship level is much easier to get than funding the Showcase, feeding and watering.

So and then I don't know if you want to assume \$5000 of the \$7000 going into the kitty for the event, or \$7000 of the \$7000 and we'll go elsewhere for any bling, but perhaps that's something that Maureen, myself, you and Jack need to have a little teleconference about. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you, Cheryl. Just one word of caution on that, the last time I mentioned the sum that was in the budget, and I think it was \$10,000, I had a very kind of hesitant Heidi saying "That's contingencies" and I got the feeling from her that she didn't want to commit it. So there's going to have to be some discussion between Heidi and the rest of you as to whether bling or t-shirts or whatever are contingencies. I just don't know what she had in mind for contingencies but she seemed to have something. So-

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

...and Rinalia and the rest of us can have that conversation with Heidi.

HOLLY RAICHE:

If you can have that conversation that will be great. Now the next item we've got is Capacity Building. Maureen, you were going to get in touch

with Janice – have you been able to work with her on that and do you want some help?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, thank you Holly. Yes, I have been in touch with Janice and we are going to be working together. She's actually a little bit busy at the moment with the ICANN Ambassadors Program but she has promised that she will get back to me as soon as she starts working again on the Fellowship Program and the Newcomer's Day which are both now her responsibility. I'm not even quite sure if she has a team with her or what, but yeah, she seemed quite happy to be able to work with us anyway so I'm very happy to do that. So we will work on something.

The thing that I do want to get, so I can get some feedback on, is the template that was actually raised earlier about information that we'd like to get back from the ALSes – and this is where I'd like to make an initial contact with the ALSes just to talk to them about how our planning's going and how they can be involved and that sort of thing; but also a template to which they can respond, like this is how they'd like to participate in the Showcase – although once it's been explained to them, we'll say "more discussion" because we're looking at time constraints and speaking constraints and all that kind of stuff.

We also want to identify what their capacity building or training needs might be just to get some feedback on that. And it would be very helpful to have that sort of feedback so we can discuss it with Janice and her team, sort of as how it might be catered for within the program she's already planning. And I also wanted to know if there were any other questions to other organization leaders [that might help], that

they might want to know from the ALSes as they're planning to come, or if there's anything that you would like to know from them. So if there is, if you can send me what questions you might want to ask I'll put it into this little questionnaire template thing that I can send out to them after we've had a little chat. So that's where I'm at at the moment with regards to working with Janice, work between Janice and I at the moment anyway. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE: Maureen, would you want to work with Pavan just to get in touch with all the ALSes?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I have actually made a request to Pavan just assuming that he's resisting giving me the list until he's absolutely sure who's on it. So I'm sure he'll contact me when it's all done. I just hope it's soon.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, well I just put an action item on him to get in touch with the ALSes, and what you're saying is you'd like the template. Now, I'm assuming that capacity building does refer to the kind of Fellowship and the Training that happened in NARALO – are we planning to do what NARALO did, and that's to get everybody up at 7:00 in the morning every single day? Everybody went quiet?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I'd really [want to look at] what their program is, I'm sure. But the template is something that I will actually devise depending on what the

needs are, but the template is really just seeking information about the ALSes and what... So I don't think, this definitely won't be... Yeah, I wouldn't like to put them under that kind of pressure.

HOLLY RAICHE: I think you should note that Cheryl and probably myself included have a big fat "NO" in terms of capacity building at 7:00 in the morning.

[crosstalk]

MAUREEN HILYARD: ...and I've been a Fellow.

HOLLY RAICHE: Right, okay. I think we can account on either attendance or something really early. Rinalia and I will be in the gym at 6:00 but that's alright. Next item, let me get my agenda here... So we've got capacity building. Now I think there is something we really do have to clarify. Jack is not here so we can't talk about local engagement at this stage. Edmon, do you want to talk about local engagement? And can I just clarify, is Hong on the phone because Hong was proposing a second meeting for...

HONG XUE: Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes?

HONG XUE: Sorry to intervene, this is Hong. I was not able to get in the Adobe room so I cannot raise my hand virtually.

HOLLY RAICHE: That's fine.

HONG XUE: Great. For the local engagement that's right, yeah – the meeting is very much in good shape. It is being sponsored by the Chinese government and Chinese civil society, and all seven Chinese-speaking At-Large Structures will be invited as representatives of civil society. The only problem is the logistic constraints. We want to make it on Monday after the Welcoming Ceremony but it seems everyone is fighting for that timeslot. If it's possible at all it will be from 11:00 to 12:30 after the Welcoming Ceremony and it's a Chinese session with some Chinese translation. Everybody's welcome. It will be in the main room so it seems it's a good one. Of course, APRALO is one of the co-hosts of the event so I guess it will be very good for local engagement.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Hong, you were saying is this going to be on the Monday night?

HONG XUE: No, Monday noon.

HOLLY RAICHE: Oh, Monday noon, okay.

HONG XUE: Sorry. The Welcoming Ceremony is 9:00 to 10:30 so what I'm working on... Right, yeah.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, because remember the Multi-Stakeholder Meeting is 2:00 to 4:00 so what you're saying is this session will come between the Welcome Ceremony and the Multi-Stakeholder Meeting?

HONG XUE: Yes, and I'm working on that. I cannot confirm yet on the ICANN schedule.

HOLLY RAICHE: Hong, if you can send details that would be very interesting, thank you.

HONG XUE: Sure.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, let me just make a note of that... Now, in terms of the General Assembly, I've had a look at what they have done with the General Assembly in the past couple of meetings and it looks to be a very, very simple outline and agenda which is not worth talking about except to say it's a matter of reporting on what the hot topic issues are, which is really a policy thing that we do anyway at the APRALO meetings; talking

about outreach, how we get the communities and stuff [working]. But it doesn't look like much of a meeting so I will put up my suggestion but it's perhaps the least contentious of all.

Can we spend a little bit of time on what we think the topics are going to be for the Multi-Stakeholder Policy Roundtable? And Rinalia, you had come up with a really good list. Do we want to talk to that now so we can actually start to work through? From your timetable, Rinalia, we should be working through what the topics are so from now on we can start to get the speakers we want for the topics we want. So Rinalia?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM:

Yes, Holly, thank you. So basically there have been various threads of discussions about possible topics for the Multi-Stakeholder Policy Roundtable in Beijing and I've listed these topics in our Wiki space. There are about ten suggested topics and I've also put up thoughts on how we should evaluate the suitability of the topics themselves.

So I'll just very briefly mention what the suggested topics are to date: number one – implications of the WCIT for the internet and the multi-stakeholder model; number two – new gTLDs and implications for the region; number three – IDNs and implications for the region; number four – IPv6; number five – international privacy policy for cloud computing; number six – WHOIS in terms of registries audit and IDNs; number seven – IGO and INGO name protection; number eight – access or connectivity challenges for the region; number nine – internet-related public policy matters in relation to the World Telecommunications Policy Forum; and number ten – compliance.

In terms of thoughts on how to evaluate the suitability of the topics: number one, the topic must be highly relevant and important to the region and ICANN; number two, they must require multi-stakeholder engagement to address; number three, they must transcend ICANN's structural issue-addressing mechanisms, meaning that these topics cannot be absorbed into an existing forum within ICANN meetings such as working group sessions, SO/AC sessions, etc.; and globally diverse and respected speakers that are readily available.

What I would actually like is for members of the Committee to go to that Wiki page and put in their thoughts in terms of which of these topics they think would be suitable based on the criteria so that we can do a process of elimination and narrow it down, and then send out another request for suitable speakers. That's it, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE:

That's excellent. I hope everybody else has read the list. I have to say I have just come out of a briefing from one of our delegation members from Australia's presentation on WCIT and I have now decided that there's not much to say on WCIT at all. There may be something that is relevant to the World Telecommunications Policy Forum, I'm not convinced, but I think there's plenty to talk about in the other eight topics. So could I ask everybody to have a think and may I suggest I absolutely agree with your criteria, Rinalia – I think they're great.

So could people please in the next week or so have a look at the topics because they are on our Wiki space, and not only sort of rate them – and I think however, yes, no or whatever – but in making decisions

about which topics we should focus on? And I would suggest, Rinalia, do you think we should have more than about three or four?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: No. I actually think that it should be less than that if you really want to go a little bit in-depth.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, a maximum three?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Yes, a maximum three.

HOLLY RAICHE: So would people please pick their three favorites with reasons? And do you also want suggested speakers?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Absolutely.

HOLLY RAICHE: Now, are these people we know will be there anyway?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: If we have budget to bring speakers who are not going to be there anyway that would be great, but otherwise it would have to be people who are amongst the pool of ICANN meeting attendees.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. So if people could please do that. I think at the next meeting we need to finalize the topics and the speaker invitations – we can't leave it any longer than that. Do you think we could? I don't. Anyway, so at the next meeting we will finalize three topics and three speakers. Is that where we're up to? Rinalia, is that where we want to be by the end of January?

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Yes. Yes, we need to have a finalized three topics with speakers.

HOLLY RAICHE: Right, okay. Okay. Now the final is the Youth forum. Hong, this is something that you and Jack and Edmon were going to do. Edmon or Hong, do either of you know anything about this or is this going to be absorbed by the meeting that Hong is planning with the local Chinese community?

HONG XUE: Hello Holly, can you hear me?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes I can, thank you Hong.

HONG XUE: Okay. For the Youth forum, I've returned to [Sally] and her team has ICANN staff taken care of this outreach project? They haven't

confirmed to me but they said that it's interesting. They want to know how this forum could be put into the general schedule of ICANN because it's not [restricted] to At-Large, yeah. So if there's any update I'll put it on the Wiki.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. In terms of the Youth Forum, because you've got the separate meeting that you're organizing, could that incorporate a Youth Forum or are you thinking something separately?

HONG XUE: Well, the Youth Forum is according to Fadi, the new CEO, that's for young people in their 20s. What I'm doing in the Chinese session in Chinese language is primarily for Chinese users. But I don't mind to combine them or merge them into one.

EDMON CHUNG: This is Edmon, if I can add...

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, absolutely. Go ahead, thank you Edmon.

EDMON CHUNG: Okay. Actually as Hong mentioned, in fact this was an idea that came about when our team from NetMission was chatting it up with Fadi and we've been, I understand that my team has been following up with Sally and Fadi on this as well. At this particular moment, as Hong has mentioned as well, the idea is probably to take it in a more general

direction. But I actually just got an update from the NetMission guys that what they are proposing at ICANN and they're talking about is to try to have sort of a Youth ICANN pilot in Beijing and that would be focused more on youth from Beijing; and we are trying to perhaps support some of the students from Hong Kong to have a pilot in Beijing.

So it wouldn't be specifically just for APRALO, but if the pilot does happen it would have more relevance to APRALO because they're coming from this region. But the idea is that in the future it could be expanded to other regions as well. So I think we should probably keep an eye on it and see how we can support it, putting my APRALO hat on, and try to see how we could insert ourselves through the process. And I don't think we need to try to merge it with any particular thing that we are doing at this point.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Edmon, thank you. Could you send me just a little note about that so that we can talk about that at the next meeting? Would you see that as fitting somewhere into the schedule that is already on our screen, for example? I mean is this something that has to be scheduled...

EDMON CHUNG:

As I mentioned we let the NetMission team, we give them a lot of autonomy and they're running with it. I'll send a note into the mailing list and get Yannis to explore it with them and have them give a fuller update so we can see how we can work with it.

HOLLY RAICHE: That would be fantastic. Go ahead.

HONG XUE: Holly, I think what we really need is to have a draft general schedule for the APRALO meeting series over the week. Last time we talked about Monday or Tuesday and we have several meetings open. So to avoid conflicts it's very useful to have a general picture in mind, yeah.

HOLLY RAICHE: Well, in fact those of us who are on the Adobe Connect are staring at, just exactly at that kind of thing. So I think the schedule is already on the Adobe website; if not I can make sure it's sent to you. But we've already got one, Hong, and I'm looking at it right now. So that will help you plan. Right, oh... And YJ, a Youth Session in Cyberspace Conference is also being discussed. Is that part of this meeting or is that something separate? Oh, in Seoul, thank you. And Gisella is sending an updated schedule to everybody, so Hong, you and the rest of us will actually get a copy of the updated one so at our next meeting the events that aren't there will be put in there.

Now, we've got exactly two minutes before we have to get on to an APRALO call, so is there any other business? And Gisella, can I ask....

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Holly, it's Rinalia.

HOLLY RAICHE: Go ahead.

RINALIA ABDUL RAHIM: Given that Heidi is on the call, I think she needs to clarify the issue about the budget for Beijing and whether or not the contingency funds can be released so that Edmon and Maureen know what the line is.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes. Heidi, in the budget you've got \$10,000. My understanding from you is that's for contingencies and the question was can that be used for sponsorship purposes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Hi, this is Heidi. No, I don't believe so. What that is for is for extra, additional fees or costs that might come up. In fact, one might be a shuttle going from the hotel that the ALSes will be staying in to the venue – so I mean things like that. Travel, logistics, visa applications – those are the types of things that the contingency fees cover.

HOLLY RAICHE: Thank you, that's what I thought. So I would suggest that if we want bling we're going to have to find some sponsors for the bling. I don't think that should be trouble. I bet we could hit APNIC and we can all walk around with happy little APNIC t-shirts on. And I'm sure we can call Paul tomorrow and do that.

Okay, Gisella, can I ask you to circulate a Doodle for the next meeting? Are we comfortable that we can wait two weeks? And mainly, Maureen and Edmon, I think the thing that's going to require the most planning is the Showcase. Can you wait two weeks for that? Because the rest

seems to be on track. Hello? Maureen, Edmon, can you wait two weeks? Okay, you're fine. I'm sorry, I didn't see you on the chat.

Okay, Gisella, could you organize a Doodle then for two weeks' time and we will meet in two weeks for this? Excellent. Ooh.... Lunar calendar's New Year holiday, what?

HONG XUE: It's before the Lunar New Year holiday.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, of course.

HONG XUE: Gisella, Heidi, would you please record my apologies for the APRALO call? I'm now in the middle of a meeting. I've been standing in the corridor for an hour and I need to go back. Holly, sorry, I've asked [Cathy Tan] to join the meeting from 04:00 UTC. I don't know why she's not here. Cathy, if you are on the line will you please identify yourself? Okay, anyway I have to go.

HOLLY RAICHE: Hong, thank you for that. Thank you for attending and we can all say thank you very much for attending. We've got two minutes to hang up. Gisella, do you want me to stay on this line?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Holly, Gisella here. Yes, for all those attending the APRALO call you may stay on the line. Holly, if you'd officially like to end this call and at that stage we'll be able to edit the recording and everyone is able to stay online. Thank you.

HOLLY RAICHE:

Thank you. Thank you. I'm not hanging up on everybody but I'm saying good bye for the Beijing Organizing Committee meeting. And we will get out of this Adobe Connect room and go into another. So I'll talk to everybody soon, thank you.

[End of Transcript]