

Zoom Chat Transcript – At-Large Small Team on ALAC Objection Procedure for Next Round Call – 3 September 2024

00:32:42 Justine Chew: Apologies from Cheryl also

00:32:59 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Welcome all

00:33:16 Christelle Vaval: Good morning everyone

00:33:32 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Welcome Christelle and all

00:33:35 Hadia's iPhone: Hello all

00:33:44 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Here is the small team wiki page:
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Small+Team+on+ALAC+Objection+Procedure+for+Next+Round>

00:33:59 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: With all the resources available for this team

00:41:23 Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Here's also a one page fact sheet done in 2012/2013 describing the process :
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/31178691/alac-facts-objection-final.pdf>

and
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/31168785/procedure+for+the+ALAC+to+submit+public+comments+on%2C+and-file-objections+to+new+gTLD+applications-14-March-2012.pdf> is the detailed procedure steps that the ALAC approved in 2012 before the gTLD round

00:44:42 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Okay understod

00:44:48 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Understood thanks

00:48:39 Dev Anand Teelucksingh: <https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/odr/determination>

00:49:09 Hannah Frank: Reacted to <https://newgtlds.ica...> with "👍"

00:51:35 Dev Anand Teelucksingh:
<https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/At-Large+new+gTLD+Applications+Dashboard+Workspace>

00:51:57 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "<https://newgtlds.ica...>" with 👍

00:56:25 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Workflow subteam - please put your names here

00:56:30 Barkha Manral: Workflow sub team-Barkha Manral

00:56:30 Christelle Vaval: Hi Process Subteam for me please

00:56:30 Tijani BEN JEMAA: me

00:56:34 Kathleen Scoggin: Would prefer workflow

00:56:47 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Scoring

00:56:48 Hannah Frank: Workflow

00:57:33 Emilia Zalewska-Czajczyńska: Workflow, but if needed I can join scoring team

00:57:36 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: That's right

00:57:54 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Hadia is the only one in scoring

00:58:59 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: So I will note Tijani in scoring

00:59:10 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: And Emilia I will note you in scoring - ok?
00:59:21 Emilia Zalewska-Czajczyńska: Yes
00:59:46 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Thank you Emilia!
01:00:05 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: So Christelle - scoring
01:00:10 Christelle Vaval: yes
01:00:16 Christelle Vaval: Sorry for the confusion
01:00:27 Jenna Manhou Fung: I would like to join scoring
01:00:32 Jenna Manhou Fung: Sorry for the delay
01:00:40 Mutegeki Cliff Agaba: Please accept my apologies for being on and off.
Am in a place with limited connectivity
01:01:09 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: G'day
01:01:17 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Welcome Cheryl!
01:01:36 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Hi Mutegeki : you need to pick which subteam would you want to be on? Scoring or workflow?
01:01:53 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Yes Mutegeki
01:02:27 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I'll lightly engage in both Sub Teams just to overwatch activities
01:02:40 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "I'll lightly engage ..." with 👍
01:02:46 Mutegeki Cliff Agaba: Replying to "Hi Mutegeki : you n..."

Hi Mutegeki : you need to pick which subteam would you want to be on? Scoring or workflow?

ok. can I get an explanation for both. Whats entailed in each of those.

01:02:46 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: YES 1 Skype
01:02:49 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): +1 to one group chat
01:02:57 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "I'll lightly engage ..." with 👍
01:03:30 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Why 2 Docs?
01:03:41 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: not 2 sections?
01:03:59 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): +1 to two sections
01:04:07 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: version control
01:04:31 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): So that we can all log on to one space and see everything
01:05:03 Barkha Manral: 2 separate document idea is better
01:06:01 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "version control" with 👍
01:06:03 Justine Chew:@Brenda Brewer - ICANN Org go back to the wiki page please
01:06:23 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Re length of Doc if there is a link to each section it is a click hardly an impost even in a long doc and definition of long Well glad you didn't work in actual SubPro if you think under 100 pages is long
01:06:31 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "Re length of Doc if..." with 👍
01:06:37 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: But whatever your all comfy with
01:06:39 Justine Chew:Replying to "@Brenda Brewer - ICA..."

the wiki space

01:08:36 Emilia Zalewska-Czajczyńska: I agree with Hadia

01:08:49 Hannah Frank: Agree with Hadia
01:09:17 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Did anyone look at what I scratched up as a simpler Work Flow based ON the existing methodology? it might be a helpful staff
01:09:20 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: start
01:09:31 Justine Chew:@Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org move Christelle to Scoring Subteam
01:09:39 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: @Christelle Vaval noted, you are in scoring now
01:09:48 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Reacted to "@Silvia Vivanco - IC..." with 👍
01:10:16 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: because *if* it is of use then we should move it to whatever Workflow tool our ICANN staff uses
01:10:41 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Yes ICANN 81- 9 Nov
01:10:49 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: How often do you wish to meet
01:10:55 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Every 2 weeks?
01:11:04 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: 2 weeks
01:11:10 Hannah Frank: 2 weeks
01:11:23 Barkha Manral: In 2 weeks
01:11:24 Tijani BEN JEMAA: 2 weeks
01:11:28 Kathleen Scoggin: Agreed!
01:11:30 Christelle Vaval: 2 weeks to start
01:11:38 Christelle Vaval: Then if needed every week
01:11:53 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Is this time and day ok?
01:12:00 Christelle Vaval: yes
01:12:05 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I prefer 1 hr later
01:12:06 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Or should staff send a doodle to set up one day and time
01:12:09 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: so my 0400
01:12:15 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Ergh to doodles
01:12:20 Barkha Manral: Yes perfect or half hour early if possible 😊
01:12:21 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Reacted to "Ergh to doodles" with 😞
01:12:33 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "I prefer 1 hr later" with 🤔
01:12:37 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "Yes perfect or half ..."

so my 0230 gee thanks

01:12:40 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: That would be great Justine
01:12:46 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "so my 0230 gee thank..." with 🤔
01:13:25 Christelle Vaval: I can do earlier 16:00 UTC
01:13:53 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: if it is earlier then I will need to considered as irregular or you will be killing me
01:13:56 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Doodle to be sent to set up the time for a recurring call every 2 weeks - day will be Tuesday times to be offered 16, 18,19
01:14:05 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "if it is earlier th..." with 😊
01:14:29 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: majority rukes in doodles
01:14:33 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: rules

01:14:42 Hannah Frank: This time is bad for me too I am working now 😞 my boss is going to kill me 🙄

01:14:46 Kathleen Scoggin: I am unfortunately not available on Tuesdays, will we alternate days at all?

01:15:24 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: change day Kathleen better on e id=f your doodling anyway?

01:15:30 Kathleen Scoggin: *most Tuesdays but I'll try and make it work!

01:15:58 Brenda Brewer - ICANN Org: Also, Alan G is not here today.

01:16:09 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "Also, Alan G is not ..." with 👍

01:16:25 Justine Chew:Let's put Ernest in the workflow subteam. Muahahaha

01:16:31 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Do you need a mailing list?

01:16:44 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "Do you need a mailin..."

hopefully just a single one

01:16:44 Kathleen Scoggin: Reacted to "change day Kathleen ..." with 👍

01:16:52 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "hopefully just a sin..." with 👍

01:17:15 Kathleen Scoggin: For the sake of everyone else in the OFB, please create another!

01:17:27 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "For the sake of ever..." with 👍

01:18:24 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): I am fine to go ahead with/without a mailing list

01:18:32 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): No preference

01:18:32 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: yes

01:18:35 Mutegeki Cliff Agaba: I think we need a mailing list is ideal.

01:18:35 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "For the sake of ever..." with 👍

01:18:45 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "I think we need a ma..." with 👍

01:18:46 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: my care factor on mailing list is measured in Kelvin scale

01:18:52 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "I think we need a ma..." with 👍

01:19:00 Justine Chew:Does anyone have questions on the work?

01:19:44 Barkha Manral: Replying to "Does anyone have que..."

No as of now

01:20:52 Kathleen Scoggin: Replying to "Does anyone have que..."

Are there specific action items before the next meeting that aren't involving the doc?

01:20:57 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: cal me if you need to Brenda I can probably dig

01:21:07 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: and again IF we need it

01:22:06 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Can my Q re the workflow edits be answered

01:22:30 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: depending on that answer there is another Action Item

01:22:44 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: let's not micromanage

01:23:25 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: describe what your expecting

01:23:56 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Cheryl is in both

01:24:12 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: also lurking

01:24:25 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Reacted to "also lurking" with 👍

01:24:52 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: self organis IF you need one and I doubt you do in a collaboration Doc exercise

01:24:57 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Cheryl and Dev could lead

01:25:27 Justine Chew:+1 Cheryl. Everyone should be working together!

01:25:43 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): +1 Cheryl

01:26:39 Justine Chew:And we have to take it to ALAC for endorsement too!

01:26:45 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): And who presents/leads can differ from one meeting to another

01:27:07 Barkha Manral: Reacted to "And who presents/lea..." with 👍

01:28:14 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "And who presents/lea..." with 👍

01:29:12 Justine Chew:Lucidcharts

01:29:28 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: and regaerdless the sub team will need to use something

01:29:55 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: We will inquire

01:30:16 Kathleen Scoggin: I have to run but thanks all!

01:30:21 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: but the answer needs to be SOON! like tomorrow soon

01:30:45 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: so the aub team can start tabla rasa or otherwise

01:30:53 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: sorry typing in the dark

01:30:58 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Thank you all

01:31:06 Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC-member): Bye for now

01:31:07 Justine Chew:Al to staff to create a new googledoc?

01:31:14 Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org: Yes Justine

01:31:17 Cheryl Langdon-Orr: bye

01:31:21 Christelle Vaval: bye