

Nathalie Peregrine: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the At-Large Improvements Project Task Force call on the 4<sup>th</sup> of June, 2012. On the call today we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr; Tijani Ben Jemaa; Charlene Thompson; Sergio Salinas; Rudi Vansnick and Yjro Lansipuro. We have apologies from Natalia Enciso and Olivier Crépin-Leblond. And from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani and myself, Nathalie Peregrine.

I would like to remind you all to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and over to you, Cheryl.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr Thank you very much, Nathalie, and welcome to one and all. We've got a good turnout for what I hope will actually be a shorter than usual call and it does take us through a longer than usual document. So it really depends on how much time you want to spend on the big half of it, so it's all in your control, ladies and gentlemen.

The first thing I'd like to just briefly look over is, of course, the summary minutes from our last meeting which will be the 25<sup>th</sup> I think... no, the 21<sup>st</sup> of last month and there is a link in your agenda and don't think the link is in the Adobe Connect room, but it certainly is on the agenda. Perhaps somehow someone could quickly pop it into the chat just to make sure that we all have an ability to look at it.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

The summary minutes are in the form that we've had recently which is I say this; you say; someone else says something else. These are not formal minutes by resolution but rather more a transcription and I see no issue with them. But if anyone has any issue with those, to raise them now. If you do find something during the call and you're not quite so quick to read, then mention it to us so we can rectify the report if there is any issue.

Moving then rapidly away from the improvement meeting of the 21<sup>st</sup> to the action items and if someone could magically pop them into the action items for me which is also on the agenda, perhaps you can pop those into the chat, you'll see there a very short list of action items from our last call and the first one was for Matt to make a work space and for the project status report in the appendix where individuals can comment on that section, breaking up the documents into different sections and then the comments. That's almost moot now but I believe it was done. And today what we're looking at is the finished product anyway.

The second one was Olivier Crépin-Leblond to follow up with Beau and Holly on the consumer documents and then Silvia would then send a message to Secretariat's List and having the ALSs look with particular focus on the consumer issues to assist in early drafting and editing of consumer, organizational and individual interests document.

That too has become moot and let me tell you why. It's because the document that came out of that very important work that Beau and Holly produced in response to Olivier really was focused less on what we needed it for. It will be well used by ALAC and At-Large, but it didn't

---

specifically make the consumer organizational involvement issue which one of our tasks made it [to the box of].

So Heidi Ullrich, as we mentioned in our last call reviewed an existing document and in fact that has been what we've used to tick our box. So that one was (inaudible) and superseded by something else.

And then finally the – I don't know if it's been done. Matt, I hope you're going to tell me it has been – that he records and discussions from the Costa Rica meeting is to be made accessible, including any recordings or transcripts, etc. It is on the [note] from Costa Rica but we do have it embedded with our records and hopefully that has been done. Matt, has the magic happened with that?

Matt Ashtiani:

No, from my understanding, people are still following up on the records and discussions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

Okay, fine. So that one's slightly hanging but it will be happening. Terrific. Moving then to our somewhat more exciting – and I'm certainly thrilled – work for the day and that is to look at what is now a final-final subject soon – likely to day I believe providing we're all as delighted with it as I am – to go to the ALAC for ratification and I think that's going to be a five-way vote – is our what will be “the” report for Prague to go to the SIC and we hope – even if it is simply in a consent agenda – to be passed by the ICANN Board.

---

So starting from the top – and I’m going to rely very much on Matt and Heidi on this to take us through it – and Heidi has her controls so she can... I’ll try very hard not to play, Heidi, while you take it from the top, my dear.

Just the high points, changes and the exciting bits that have been added, if you don’t mind. Ladies and gentlemen, you do have individual ability to scroll up and down the document. If you have found anything that you want to discuss or make any last, last, last-minute changes, just raise your hand or yell into the mouthpiece and we’ll respond to you. Okay, Heidi, over to you.

Heidi Ullrich:

Thank you, Cheryl. This is Heidi for the transcript. Cheryl, just a clarification – would you like me to go over the highlights just from the last meeting where we already discussed it or would you like me to go...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

No, because we have people on this meeting that weren’t at the last meeting because of this is it as in it ain’t no more from our point of view anyway, I think we might as well take it from the top if you don’t mind.

Heidi Ullrich:

Okay, so let’s begin from Section A. Again, because this is the Final Report, I did this time include the At-Large Improvements Work Team as well as the At-Large Improvements Implementation Task Force in their activities on the development of action items and the implementation of the entire project, so that is noted there.

---

I also noted in the second paragraph what exactly the completion met so we not only have completion of finite activities where they are fully complete, but we also have completion or a watching brief for items or activities that have been allocated to certain At-Large bodies. So that is noted in the second paragraph.

So then Section B – that is basically the same as last time for Costa Rica except that the last paragraph updates for the Costa Rica meeting, so that includes the review by the SIC of the status updates and then that the status updates, what they included was I believe the... I think it's just a review of what that update was.

Section C then includes what took place between the 42<sup>nd</sup> Dakar meeting in Dakar and the 44<sup>th</sup> meeting that will be in Prague and that includes the regular meetings of the Task Force include the half-day workshop that took place in Costa Rica and it includes the monthly meetings that the Implementation Taskforce held between Costa Rica and now to make sure that all final recommendations and action items actually were completed.

Now I do note that there's a bit of a space there, so Matt, perhaps we can work on closing that space.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

The white page is because – Cheryl here for the transcript record – the white page is because Matt has managed to get the column, the table and the annotations onto the column.

---

Heidi Ullrich:

So yeah, so I'm not terribly happy with that, but... again what we see here on the table, Section D is a beautiful all-purple, *i.e.*, all completed recommendation table, so this is really what we believe that SIC will be taking the closest look at just to make sure that everything is now completed.

Now in Recommendation 8 again, we just need your confirmation of events. We have a hyperlink in that row that leads to a page. Matt, perhaps you can take that page and link it to the chat. What that includes is a communication between Olivier and Filiz Yilmaz who is the Senior Director for Participation and Engagement specifically just going back and forth about the particular issue of public comments.

Now you'll see in the footnotes for Recommendation 8 – most likely we'll need to enlarge the text here – includes a significant amount of texts that clearly states what was agreed. This text was actually formulated with staff, with Olivier and with Sebastien Bachollet.

So it makes reference to ongoing work of the ATRT and the confirmation that again ALAC may on a case-by-case basis request extension of time to 15, 21 or 30 days in exceptional circumstances and such requests will be made to that person who is responsible for the public comments and it will be requested that that person responds either with a yes or a no in an expeditious manner and if the response is no, that the ALAC does reserve the right to submit the statements or comments directly to the Board. So that right is within the ICANN Bylaws.

So that was a very important recent activity that allowed... that was decided to go ahead and meet that recommendation in full purple.

---

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: While you're moving to the next part, I think maybe we should even have my particular notice of your ALAC change diligence on this because it has been a little bit like a terrier chasing a rat. [laughs] I only managed to get this almost at the last minute. But somewhat I would describe it as an all-consuming task cause it was done so well in the end.

Heidi Ullrich: Yes, thank you, Cheryl. Then on page 5, in a new paragraph is the monitoring of ongoing activities. Now, Cheryl, if you wanted to go over the reports of this paragraph just to describe it, it says that before those action items that are going to have a continuing monitoring by various At-Large bodies. For the future, for the next review, there will be a website set up similar to the one that is used currently for the I10 Affirmation of Commitments responsibility's inventory.

Again, Matt, perhaps you can put that link into the chat so everyone can take a look at that. It's a fantastic web tool that allows you to see exactly where each of the ongoing action items will be updated. So you can see where the activity is on that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Thank you, Heidi. Cheryl for the transcript. Although I do think you've done a more than admirable covering off of that page, I think it's important for us to recognize as a working group at two levels.

First of all, yes, it is a little piece of extra work, but it is work that we have put together as a result specifically from SIC's request. And it's also what we can get our teeth into as a work group at the Prague forum as opposed to the Prague forum as opposed to the Prague space.

---

It is important as we move to the very next review which is coming at us in a [very brief time] depending on which reference board you look at. It could be as early as just 12 months or it could be more like 18 months. But even so, that's not long in the world of volunteers and ALAC and At-Large.

And so to get ahead of the game, not only having a trackable document on how we are doing with what we said we will continue to do, it's going to be extremely important as a performance metric for ALAC and At-Large as a whole.

But it's also particularly (inaudible) to having some sort of enduring mechanism which shows what was done in response to our very first independent review and review process and what will be ongoing record of what happens with the [bits] of implementation that they've done as they continue to in some cases o further development, and also specifically make sure that nothing drops off of the corporate record once we go between review cycles.

I would like to spend a little bit of time on getting down into the weeds of as a community as a whole when we have the opportunity to gather together truly in face-to-face in our meetings in Prague. Any questions on that before Heidi takes us through the appendix – the Heidi and Matt show taking us through the appendix. I don't see any hands raised, so so far everyone is as delighted as I am. Go ahead, Heidi.

Heidi Ullrich:

Thank you, Cheryl. Just one additional point on that one thing in the activity section. That was something that actually Ray who is the Chair



---

of SIC actually that was a specific request that he had. So in the appendix which is as I said, appended to this document, the addition to this is that we noted that there is actually a... Ooh, someone's moving that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I promise you it's not me – my hands are off the screen and off the keyboard, I promise you.

Heidi Ullrich: Okay, thank you. [laughter] So again, as I've noted, each recommendation now consists of a status of each item as well as specific notes and again, they've been noted. The vast majority of items have been noted as completed; others have been noted as watching brief.

I'm going to continue then if there are no questions. I'm going to continue to the appendix. And again because it's many pages long – we have 13 recommendations to continue. Cheryl, how would you like me to continue with this?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: You have (inaudible) issues. As quickly as we possibly can but we do want everyone to have quick snapshots at each. If we can just look at the ones... for example 1.1 – that's clear, everyone [knows and understands] what it looks like. If everyone just has it as a look at what we may have moved from the task listing, the notes, the layout but we have shrunk a lot.

---

Heidi Ullrich:

I'm going to just scroll slowly and Cheryl and Matt, let me know if there are any particular issues. During the prep call that we had – a 2½ hour prep call – we went from action item to action item and just reviewed this and Matt has updated this to follow along what was requested.

You'll see that all of the action items are now complete except for a very small number being watched in brief. Any reference to Costa Rica has been taken out. We have where relevant text that we thought was extra, was actually removed and we shortened the text wherever possible.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

And hopefully all the links have been tested, ladies and gentlemen. There was a number of links that we changed – this is Cheryl for the transcript record – because we were trying to say more with less and in fact a number of pages were actually developed for the purpose of putting them in as links. So we're pretty happy that wherever a link goes, it goes to something that is most relevant, most recent and in some cases, in a new landing page and also future work can also be collected on that site.

Heidi Ullrich:

So again, just going to scroll down – Section 2; Section 3 – all complete. We also did a global change rather than saying... there's a lot of text saying the ALAC and the At-Large Improvement Group have allocated this particular activity to a certain group or a body and just shortened that to just say allocated to.

---

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: There's a couple which you'll see later that we really didn't manage to effectively string but we did our best.

Heidi Ullrich: So you'll see a lot of times we refer to your tables that you've created. Just to point out on 4.3(e) we've noted that, yes, there have been several beginners guides and a future one actually... so you'll see the next one will be participating in ICANN. That again will be prepared between Prague and Toronto hopefully in time for the proposed pilot of the ICANN Academy and then after that, perhaps cyber savvy version.

Just to confirm, we have ongoing 4.5 because that will be again capacity building and new learning pages, metrics, etc., so all complete there. To me as it's scrolling the last two years are scrolling in front of me with all of the hard work that was done by the work team and I'm very thankful for that.

So, Matt, do you want to jump in with any? I'm just scrolling very slowly. I don't think anybody can read, but I'm just looking at other issues here – SWOT, WTC. They're all completed.

Matt Ashtiani: I'd say everything has been updated and we tried to make the report as efficient as possible. The only thing I would say is although the appendix was very long, it's just because of the formatting. It's probably more along the lines of 10 pages but to view the tables and organization it looks a lot longer.

---

Heidi Ullrich: Yeah. Some of them you'll see – 5.3(b) - have been withdrawn; some you'll see there is a long session. I think for Costa Rica the word "superseded" was used for items that were not relevant anymore. Matt, there's a break there on 24. Does that need to be corrected?

Matt Ashtiani: No, there should be a page separation between each recommendation.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: He's starting each recommendation on a new page.

Heidi Ullrich: Okay, so moving on to 7 – all complete. You'll remember that, Cheryl, you took the Task Force through each of these for several weeks and towards the end it just set up. Here again in Recommendation 8 with that full text that was agreed to, developed through the staff and Olivier and Sebastian, so that's in there.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: What I'd like to do perhaps is just wait there for a moment because this is almost the second opportunity for the work team here. Are you all happy with the way we've approached the reporting on that? I mean, the matter of – it's Cheryl for the transcript record – the matter of public comment period and the time allocated to it for those.

It's hugely important to so much of what ALAC and At-Large can do, so if you're not happy with the way it's being addressed in the report, please do let us know. And thank you, Darlene. I just noticed that Darlene,

---

one member of the group, is feeling pretty good to see all the completeds. [laughs] I hope you're not alone in that feeling. Okay, continue scrolling.

Heidi Ullrich: I'm going to scroll down a little faster to get to the ones that have some changes in them.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: What we did do is start using – where we had a note – you remember, ladies and gentlemen a number of issues cross-linked between an earlier recommendation and an implementation in another area. So where that happened, we just revert back to the note. There you'll see that's now referred to note 8.1 for example, rather than being repetitious.

Heidi Ullrich: You'll see a lot of the action items in 9 – 9.1, 9.2 – are watching brief over to the ExCom.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And this is where the wonderful world of language services comes into play and as we know, the Language Services Policy and Practice Document has only just been released for public comment. But I'm delighted to say it was at least released before we went live with our report. I was beginning to fear for that to be an outcome...

---

Heidi Ullrich: So, Cheryl, just to confirm on 9.1(a) and 9.2 makes reference to the imminent release of ICANN's new Language Services Policy. I think that is still technically correct because the version that is out for public comment may...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes, we'll just leave that as is.

Heidi Ullrich: Cheryl, you're actually leading the development of the statement. Then there's 10. That was done by 14(a) I believe some time ago. And then 12 is the consumer one that Cheryl was talking about. Actually the CyberSaavy and Beginner's Guide we'll put some issues. Actually I think that one needs to be updated. That new document, Matt, can you put that into the chat please?

Outreach At-Large Consumer Outreach Document – you just put it on the Wiki. Can you put that link in?

Matt Ashtiani: Sure. Does the report need to be updated?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yeah, the... if 9 needs to be added in, I'm not sure that we can... I'm happy to add it in. We don't necessarily need to delete, but we would need to change. I mean, we had mentioned CyberSaavy and Beginner's Guide earlier on and one of the points in 12 does say specific Consumer Interest as well as consumer representatives, so we certainly need to

---

add in the consumer groups and outreach documents. That one is linked there and in the chat now.

Matt Ashtiani: It's in 12.1(a). Would you like it in 12.1 as well?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, in 12.1 the text needs to be referred to CyberSaavy and Beginner's Guide and it should refer to that new document or both, but not just the one. Otherwise, we start talking about consumer reps without reference.

Heidi Ullrich: So, Matt, can you just add that to 12.1? So now for 12.2 GNSO outreach to consumer representatives – that one is watch and brief which the ExCom will work with. And 13 continues in a public comment period.

Again, a lot of references to your work, Dev. Thank you very much.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I have a formatting issue with a part of 13 that I'll come back to that in a minute.

Heidi Ullrich: Okay, I think that's everything. Cheryl, did you want to...

---

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And it goes on and on and on. And just when you think it's over, there's more.

Heidi Ullrich: There are 45 pages. So, Matt, what is the real length, would you say? Is it truly 45 you said?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: It is truly 45 but it's because of the formatting of having a new page for each recommendation.

Matt Ashtiani: Yeah, I think at best it's 10 pages and at worst it's 15 if we didn't format it that way.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: So first of all let me ask for any general comments other than, "Wow, isn't that fantastic to see it done," and I think we all agree that wow, isn't that fantastic to see it done. General comments on content of this report? And I'm not seeing any other than extreme joy from several members.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: This is Dev. First of all I want to say great report and all that, but my one little quibble is regarding the consumer document and it leads to the example for domain hacking. Well, the example cited for the example for domain hacking – well, it's potentially a not safe for work link and I'm thinking a consumer document could be potentially, well,



---

for the general public shouldn't have a not safe for work link. I think we just need to come up with another example, for example, ma.tt for example. [laughs]

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Heidi, you've raised your hand.

Heidi Ullrich: Yes, just in response – Heidi for the record. Dev, the Communications Department is now just working with a graphic designer on the draft consumer document, so there will be a possibility for you to tweak that and change the example if you'd like. But the goal is to have the title version of (inaudible).

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Okay. This is Dev. So let me see if I understand it. So we can't change this.

Heidi Ullrich: We can. If you send in a text that you'd like, then yes, we can go ahead and change that.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Okay, I'll work on that, sure. Okay.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I know you have other things on your agenda but that one shouldn't take long to get to the top of your agenda. Well, thank you for that

---

patch. I'll note in the records that Rudi also agreed to stay but that points out that it is good for consumers to see what we mean and that in fact providing the consumer a highly appropriate example which I think he is going to do – that shouldn't be a problem, so we will have done it both ways.

Okay, I do have a couple of very small quibbles. Sorry to be the pedant but after all, that's why you all pay me the big bucks. Going mainly almost exclusively to the appendix, but I will ask first of all, what are we going to do for the white page on page 3, as Heidi pointed out. So go back up to page 3 and we'll get busy.

On page 3 we have that text there which takes a very small amount of landscape on the page. Now the reason that it's like that I understand is because we would also ask you to try and get the table and the annotations on one page which happened rather beautifully on page 4. But I have a huge perversion to all of that white space. So first of all, Matt, do you see a solution to that before I suggest one?

Matt Ashtiani:

Hi, this is Matt for the record. If I reduce the font size in the report from 12 to 11, there won't be any white space.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

I would think that was perfectly reasonable and I can assure you that 11 is a perfectly good font size to use for a report. It still falls through the reasonable size and going much smaller than 11 is not recommended by all the experts who've ever taught me anything about this stuff.

---

And the other thing that you may be able to do – which I know is kind of bizarre when we’re trying to make something shorter – but you can do it in the first four or five, depending on how many it ends up being – pages of the report – and not necessarily the table or the appendixes.

Beings that we do have a mismatch of left margin and right margin allocations, I could take the left margin pushed as far as it possibly could be pushed over at some point to allow for as much wording to get on any given page and it may also have it on the top of page 2 something to do with a necessity for placing the ICANN At-Large logo on the right-hand space where it’s not acting as a round image but is acting as a bordered image.

Two things – if you fiddle with the image border on the logo – if that helps, it may do. You may also going... use of real estate a little bit smarter by equi-distancing the differences between the left and the right margin allocation and moving it to font size 11 is perfectly good as far as I’m concerned.

Excellent. Now I’m assuming then what we will see in final which won’t take very long for you to do is something that will have the main body as reports then back up to about four pages and we’ll have no white beside the picture.

I’d like to now... if you’d take us down to the appendixes. Thanks very much. You see how that first of all it starts I think quite well on page 6. However, if you go back to the end of page 5, you see that line between the two? Right. you’ve got a nice bit of space – I have no problem with that real estate there. You may move that when you change the font size; we’ll see.

---

What I do have a little bit of an issue with is we seem to have this space for a title for the appendix 1 and it's going to fit. But we don't have a title for appendix 1 as it starts on 6. I agree, darling - anything after four pages, people start to glaze over. And it used to be four pages, so if you can get it back in any trick method or mechanism possible, we will do that.

Can we just note that what we're looking at in page 6 is an appendix?

Matt Ashtiani:

You know, it's funny. I swear I had a title there; I don't know what I did with it.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

Okay, it might be white on white, but I'm not able to read it – that's for certain. So what we're looking at would help. And then I'm quite happy with the way that looks and I'm certainly happy – taking it down to the next little part – I'm certainly happy with the way we're starting each recommendation on the beginning of a new page.

You see at the top of page 7 – that poor little orphan word “legal,” just sitting there looking all sad and lonely by itself? Because some of this table is quite wordy, I wonder whether or not the group would agree – because it is only an appendix...Only? I'm reflecting hundreds of hours of work, but whatever... an appendix – how you felt about dropping the font size certainly on all of the recommendation subpart.

I'll leave it up to how it works as to whether we leave it the same font size for the recommendation main part; in other words, where

recommendation 1 is written in bold. But I think we possibly could afford to shrink the text in all of the columns of all of the titles and yet noting, Darlene, that would still allow us to leave the word “complete” and that could stay as a larger size font.

But I think if we take certainly the font size down in the note section, that will help. And again, in the whole of this table, Matt, this is where I see this inequity between left and right column is... margin, not column... left and right hand margins as possibly taking up some real estate that we could make use of and I’d be happy for these tables to be as wide as is printably possible on the page.

And again I think that possibly has to do with the logo being not a wrap-around but a bordered issue. So I think we can afford to take certainly the font size down to well below 11 if you want to. That could be a 10.5 and you may even be able to still justify in the columns a little bit more.

Now, that’s going to be particularly important when we get to the other end. I’m going to zoom you through. This is avoiding things like that poor little legal as an orphan there and not worrying about that poor little legal all by itself.

The bold ones are the superset ones, Darlene, that I do think we could leave the font size slightly different if that works. Now see what happened between the notes on 7 and the notes on 8. For some reason we’ve shifted from not bold to bold, and last time I checked bold takes up more space than not bold. I think the notes – unless for whatever good reason – be just plain text, not bolded and that way we’ll also get more bang for our buck, Matt.

Matt Ashtiani: Okay, I've actually changed the margins and the font size while we've been talking and I've been able to get it down a couple of pages and also get rid of any [widow] text that we had where it was just a single word that we had or maybe one line.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Fantastic. I was hoping you'd be able to do that. Now, ladies and gentlemen, that will mean that Matt will send to us a final-final copy but what it will be if you have uploaded this to the link that we have referenced in our agenda which allows people to read and download the document because we will need to get the vote going as soon as possible and enter. So to that end, I don't want to hold that up. I think we all need to have a final copy in our possession as well.

So, Matt, you see what my quibbles are. I'm sure you can handle most of them and I have one final quibble. And I know it seems a little bit odd, but it strikes me as unusual and perhaps my proposal would be that it is put in as an appendix. But what we don't have anywhere and it bothers me a great deal, what we don't have anywhere is a link to... it could be just to the members page or it could be to some new page or a page itself.

I prefer it not to be a page itself; it would make it longer. I thought we'd agreed and based on their discussion in the Metrics Sub-Team, we were going to have a record of the members appendix at the work group meeting and that seems to be missing.

---

For example, in the GNSO Report, from a work group, you actually have an appendix. Now it's not going to hold up the report because if you follow me, my suggestion, all we do is link to the work group member page and on the member page we have some form of metrics. We can work on that later but I would like to see that, if at all possible, happen. But I don't think it needs anymore than a link here and we may, in fact, be able to link that as an information sentence rather than an appendix as such in the real estate that I hope we have in what will be page 4 once you've now shrunk the document.

Heidi noted that we still have square brackets in the text in terms of the date for, or the fact that the ALAC has ratified the document, yet once the ALAC version is complete, then we will of course remove those square brackets because then the ALAC will have ratified it.

The only other thing would be if you don't mind, I would very much like to take a moment for any final points of view or additional quibbles that any member has before we move on to our next agenda item. The last call for other than those formatting things which Matt's already gaining as real estate for us. Any member of the work team who wants to say anything, please do so now or forever hold your peace. Terrific.

Well, thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen and more importantly, thank you very much to each and every one of the work group members. This represents hundreds of hours of ALAC and work team and then work group and sub-team of work group work. It is a huge but nevertheless I think extraordinarily timely bit for us to be at this point and I certainly want to have on formal record at this meeting, absolute thanks. In fact if I was in a real world rather than a virtual one, I'd be

---

down on bended knee to all the staff – Heidi and Matt in particular have put heroic amounts of effort and hours into this document and thank you one and all.

We don't have a lot left in our agenda, but we did take a little longer than I thought we might in going through that. But if we can make that document as close to perfect as possible, I think it's worthwhile doing that.

What we do need to do now is have a very quick moment about what we're going to do with... well, it's actually listed as outstanding items from the All-TF activities. We alluded to these earlier when Heidi discussed the new section in the report which referred to the web page based analogous to what's done for the Affirmation of Commitments implementation recommendation.

Anything that we find now as outstanding from any item – and there shouldn't be anything absolutely outstanding. They should in fact be watching brief or continuing effort work – will be captured in that new format. I just wanted to make sure that you are aware of that and with your permission I would like to spend time on that when we have the 30 minutes to ourselves in the Prague meeting. So if you're comfortable with that, I'm going to move to add this to our agenda which is the planning for Prague meeting and follow on on that item 5.

And to remind you all that we have a 60 minutes of All-TF meeting allocated on Monday the 25<sup>th</sup> of June. It's in the Roma Room at 11:00 after you've had the welcome and opening of the event, we will gather and then make our way to Roma Room. The first 30 minutes we'll be by ourselves and then at 11:30 local time, the SIC or part of the SIC will be



---

joining us. Heidi, first of all, do we know if it's all SIC, part of the SIC or just the Chair of the SIC?

Heidi Ullrich: Thank you, Cheryl. Heidi for the record. Currently it would be the Chair as well as perhaps one or two members. But again, not fully confirmed but tentatively confirmed, but I'm quite comfortable that someone will be there.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: It would be nice. Thank you. Might I ask the other boring administrative question? We will be set up, I trust, for remote participation because I know not all the work team members will be there.

Heidi Ullrich: Correct. We will have all of the remote participation as normal.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And I need to ask if it's to be an interpreted or not interpreted call.

Heidi Ullrich: Interpreted, I believe.

[crosstalk]

---

Heidi Ullrich: Given that it's in Roma, I do believe that it's interpretation. Let me double-check on that though.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: One way or another, if we don't have it in the room, I think we might need to have it on the call. Let's see what we can do particularly. Seems bizarre if we were talking about language services in our implementation and didn't actually have language services working in one way, shape or form during our final work group. Just occurred as odd to me if we didn't try our best for that.

What I'd like to do then in the first 30 minutes if you all agree is focus on that what's next part. Matt, what are you uploading? Are you uploading the link for that page or what are you doing? Now he's doing version 2. He's been feverishly working while we've been chatting here and he's now got it shrunk to a mere 39 pages. Wow. [laughs] Thank you, Matt. They are pretty good, aren't they, Rudi? Rudi's commenting, "What an incredible staff."

So I would really like while we're together to have a good look at how we can start populating that space. So Heidi, would Matt be available during that meeting for perhaps live Wiki updating or will he be occupied elsewhere during that meeting?

Heidi Ullrich: No, he will be available.

---

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay, I think that will be quite beautiful. And once we get ourselves all started, I feel at least even the short-term members in this working group will have edit-ability into that space unless Matt wants to act as a conduit for change with the work that (inaudible) starts.

So is there anything else, Heidi, you'd like to see is discussed during the 60-minute meeting in Prague?

Heidi Ullrich: No, I think that covers it. Thank you, Cheryl.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay, now what that will allow us to do then is later when we have the Metrics and the Rules of Procedure Work Group because what they will be doing will be feeding in also to that new ongoing watching brief space. We need to set a whole bunch of letters together as a new acronym for that statement. I think we might run a competition for that cause we need a new acronym; we haven't had one for a while. They'll need to be briefed on that as well so we might need to spend a couple of minutes in each of those agendas to have a look at that space. If we've got something live at the time, that would be good.

Now a call for any other business with a couple of minutes to the top of the hour. Asking for any other business once... twice... nobody has any other business. I'd like to ask you, Matt, if you could simply keep scrolling down so we can all just have a look, even though we're not drunk and disorderly while we're doing it.

Rudi did suggest it was a dizzying experience; I can only agree with him. Got a couple of little achievements we could tweak still, Matt, that's neither here nor there. I think a few more minutes after this call and it will be looking pretty darn good. There we go.

You see where we're losing real estate because we've got indents where we've got bullet points – that's all very cute when you're running a PowerPoint presentation, but it's a waste of space in a report table like this. The bullet points do not need to be indented; they can be left margined. In fact, they don't even need to be bullet-pointed; they can be just hyphenated and then you'll find you'll save probably a line on each one of those points we're looking at now.

And also you'll find when you indent it they often have more right column as well. Indeed. The more we put into this, the package which margins is worthwhile.

So what we're going to is get Matt to do one more pass on tweaking these things up and it will then go live. We're going to remove that formatting then so we're getting more space and I just wanted to double-check. Matt, I'll deal with you after this call closes off now.

I think I see text in 5 that is sitting in under the task list but it in fact should have been moved across opposed to moving it up there; should have been moved across to notes.

So if you don't mind, we'll wrap this call up and I'll leave the screen open. If Heidi could stay with us for a little while and we can see if there's a couple of blocks of text that do need to be moved across. I'm pretty sure I saw some were in the 5.

---

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much. It's the top of the hour. I'd like to declare this ultimate for this part of the work penultimate because we will be meeting again in Prague meeting of the At-Large Improvement Implementation Task Force to come to a close and you all deserve a huge credit, big tip and a great big hug from me when I see you next for all the amazing work you've done. Thank you one and all. Thank you, staff. Thank you very much. Bye for now.

[End of Transcript]