

ICANN

**Moderator: Gisella Gruber-White
November 7, 2013
10:00 am CT**

Coordinator: Remind all participants this conference is being recorded. If you have any objections you may disconnect at this time. You may begin.

Benedetta Rossi: Thank you very much (Kelly). Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the BC Members call taking place on the 7th of November 2013. On the call today we have Elisa Cooper, Chris Chaplow, Ron Andruff, Steve DelBianco, Andy Abrams, John Berard, Bill Smith, Jim Baskin, Susan Kawaguchi, Martin Sutton, Yvette Miller, (Alex Dejan) and (Tim Chin).

We have apologies from (Jimson Olufuye), Anders Halvorsen, Phil Lodico, Andrew Mack, (Barbara Wanner) and Janet O'Callaghan. I would like to remind all participants to please state your names before speaking for transcription purposes. Thank you very much and over to you Elisa.

Elisa Cooper: Thanks Benedetta. So we've got a pretty full schedule today. We're going to start off - I want to just check in with everyone to see if you're comfortable with the agenda that we have set up for our meeting in Buenos Aires. And I had just sent it to Benedetta. So I don't know Benedetta if you can just pull

that up so members can see the agenda. I'm not sure if you had received it yet, but the agenda that I have for the Buenos Aires meeting in particular.

Benedetta Rossi: I have not yet received it Elisa. But I will post it as soon as I receive it.

Elisa Cooper: Okay. Odd. At any rate...

Benedetta Rossi: I've got it.

Elisa Cooper: Okay. So I would just like members to take a quick look at this and make sure you're comfortable with the topics that we're scheduled to cover and just to ask the group since we're all together if there is anything else you would like to cover.

So I mean I've set aside time obviously to discuss policy issues. I've set aside time for us to talk about Internet governance issues. I've set aside some time to handle some sort of housekeeping and to also talk about outreach. But if there are other issues in particular you would like for us to spend time on, I want to make sure we get that into the agenda.

And just as a reminder, when we meet as the CSG we're going to be meeting both with ATRT2 and the SSAC, the Security and Stability Advisory Committee. So that will be our opportunity to discuss issues in particular around name space collision and other kinds of security issues.

So I think I covered everything but I just want to make sure you're comfortable and check and see if there's anything else you'd like to spend time on.

Jim Baskin: It's Jim Baskin. If I could, first did Benedetta say whether Sarah Deutsch has gotten on the call?

Elisa Cooper: I didn't hear Sarah.

Jim Baskin: Okay.

Benedetta Rossi: No. She's not on the call yet.

Jim Baskin: Okay. That's all right. I just - does the security and stability discussion include collision discussions?

Elisa Cooper: Yeah. I'm sure that will be a focus.

Jim Baskin: Okay.

Elisa Cooper: And so we'll be meeting with them when we meet as the CSG and Marilyn can provide any additional information on that.

Jim Baskin: Oh, I'm sorry. I meant is today's agenda going to include...

Elisa Cooper: Oh. We could talk about that in our policy section, sure.

Jim Baskin: Okay. Thanks.

Elisa Cooper: What we're looking at her on the Adobe though is our agenda for our BA meeting. And so if you can just all take a quick look and see if there is anything else you want to make sure we're covering. And if you have ideas or you don't want to tell me now, that's fine, but.

Any suggestions or requests? Ron.

Ron Andruff: Thanks Chair. I'm just wondering about - we had had a Saturday meeting or a Sunday meeting with the CSG so that they were properly prepared - that the CSG was properly prepared. At the last meeting if I'm not mistaken because the ISCs always seem to get upset about the fact that things happen with the Board discussion and there was no discussion about it. Is that contemplated here or not? Thank you.

Elisa Cooper: It's not because it is not our turn to devise that agenda. So this time it's the IPC who determines the agenda. But since Marilyn has been involved with that, perhaps she can share what the agenda's looking like. But part - as I mentioned, part of that agenda does include time for us to meet with both ATRT and with the SSAC. Although I believe those meetings are happening on the Tuesday.

Ron Andruff: Thank you.

Elisa Cooper: Chris Chaplow.

Chris Chaplow: Thanks Elisa. Chris speaking. The only comment I would make is if we can possibly on the Monday the 18th, we've got noon for an hour and a half then membership eligibility discussions. We can open that toward the end until more general on the charter and take stock of where we are and what we've got to do moving forward.

Elisa Cooper: Definitely.

Chris Chaplow: Thanks.

Elisa Cooper: Okay. If there are any other suggestions or requests, just let me know. A couple of other things that I want to mention before we move on to our agenda today.

As you know, we did have - the GNSO leadership did have a call with Fadi to discuss the Montevideo statement and to get some further clarification. And I was pretty clear that we were surprised by the statement and that, you know, we're concerned about being included in further discussions with him.

And generally his response was that what was stated in the Montevideo statement was not new. That the Board was aware that he was going to be attending and that the Board was aware and didn't know specifically what would be included in the statement but was aware to some extent.

I said that in particular we were a little surprised about the globalization of the IANA function and he said that that had always been sort of in discussion. The only difference was that the CEO had never actually said it, you know, out loud that there was a desire to have the IANA function, you know, more globalized, whatever that even means.

But at any rate there are a couple of additional meetings, which are scheduled to provide further information. And the recording was sent out to you as well as the transcript. So I don't know. I think obviously it'll be a very hot topic.

Any questions about that call that we had with him again? I sent out the transcript and the recording. I see Ron, Steve and Chris. But I think Chris was from before. So Ron.

Ron Andruff: Thank you Chair. What bothered me when I listened to that recording is that Fadi made a couple of comments. As you mentioned, IANA function being

handled in a more global fashion, whatever that means. That's really well said because what does that mean?

The IANA function that is a critical core component of the Internet. And if that's not in safe and neutral hands where we have a government that's relatively benign right now that's watching over that meaning that we as ICANN are responsible for that, it can be really troublesome. So that is a big issue.

And the second part that kind of caught my mind - caught my ear when he was speaking was the way he said well, you know, if they want to do this, we'll just pull out. You know, we just won't do it. You know, we'll - it's got to be, you know, along these lines or we'll just pull out.

It's - we're too far down the road at this stage of the game. You don't tell the Brazilian government we're just going to pull out because at that stage of the game what's going to happen is you're - we have this situation where everything sits in the hands of the Brazilians to do whatever they want and we well know the Brazilians have been pushing for years to move the Internet out of ICANN and out of - not out of ICANN but out of the United States.

So it was a little bit, you know, off handed flippantness that I was hearing and I was really quite surprised by it. I just wondered what your take was being on the call and hearing it first hand.

Elisa Cooper: Well, I mean he talked - and he listened to the transcript. He spoke quite a lot and quite quickly. And there's a lot of words. I don't know how else to say it. I would say, you know, one thing I think he was trying to say was that they were kind of two issues going on simultaneously.

There was this issue around trying to have further globalization and that was one set of issues. And then there was this other desire to create some forum or some other group to handle issues that ICANN is - that are not under ICANN's purview and was trying to say that there were - these were two separate issues. But to me it all seemed to be jumbled together. Steve. Unless Ron you have any other comments or questions.

Steve DelBianco: Elisa, I thought you handled it well and you asked Fadi questions for which he had already prepared answers. He was careful to have rationalized after the fact some perhaps ill-considered moves that were made in Bali. And what struck me most was three assertions that Fadi made that went unchallenged on the call because we didn't have the background to challenge them. But we ought to do our homework and figure out whether we can.

There were three assertions and assumptions he made to justify and rationalize all of his moves. The first was quote it's been a year since (Wicket) and there's been no progress. We have to challenge the factuality of that as well as if it's been like that every year for the past seven years, then why is this year any different? Why is this year all of a sudden that no progress justifying dramatic action.

Number 2. He said there are no solutions in the multi stakeholder model. No solutions in the multi stakeholder model. And actually we thought that there was. That's what the GAC with the preeminent role as the stakeholder at ICANN - we thought that was actually a solution to giving government the input they wanted in a multi stakeholder way.

The third assertion was that the South Korean Minister will Chair the (Plenipot) next year. It's going to move all cyber security to the ITU. So factually is that really true? Can he do that? More importantly does cyber

security actually mean DNS and the root servers? I don't think it does. So I'll be listening carefully to see whether we can push back on all three of those assumptions.

Elisa Cooper: Yeah. And we should definitely take this up and have further discussions obviously as a group in BA to determine what our positions might be and how we should move forward and - because the one thing none of the constituencies had any positions that they could share formally. We were really just asking questions and we couldn't officially given any sort of position, so. Thank you for that Steve.

Any other questions? I think what we'll do is given that we've spent some time now discussing this, I had originally planned to discuss this more towards the end of our call. Anything else that others would like to share around the Montevideo statement or the meeting in Bali? Okay.

So why don't we move on. Benny and Chris and Benny in particular has spent quite a bit of time reconciling where we are with finances and the budget. And so I'd like Chris if you can to sort of go over that if you would, where we are.

I know that you sent out that information to members. But I think it would be helpful to come and have a review of that.

Chris Chaplow: Certainly Elisa. Thank you. Yes. I sent around a PDF earlier and Benny - it looks like Benny's going to put it up on the screen. And that is the 2013 - this is the BC budget. We're not talking about the ICANN accounts here. We're talking about our BC accounts.

And it was the budget as we approved at the beginning of the year 2013 and then with two additional columns. So the first column is the budget as

approved. The second column is where we actually are at this moment in time, ten months the end of October.

And then as it's more useful to the members to make a comparison, by the end of year forecast and as we're quite close to the end of year I - we're reasonably confident that that is a forecast.

So comparing the first column and the third column of figures in that document. At the top we have our income, which is 100% member fees. And happily we've assumed that we would have five new members and lose two members. And as it happens this year we had nine new members and lost three members.

So there was an actual increase in our income from a predicted 50,000 to 56, nearly 57,000 euros. So that's good news and welcome to everybody who was working on outreach and membership acquisition there.

The second block is indirect income. And I won't go into details here because this is the support requests from ICANN and it's the money that passes effectively through the BC bank account. And so indirect income at 21,000 is also balanced by indirect expenditure down at the bottom on 21,000. So it's not thought of as the BC expenditure per se.

The - in the section - the third section down, expenditure direct is our expenditure this year. And in total our budget was to have an exactly balanced budget and spend exactly what our income was, it's 50,000.

And as it's turned out we predict that we will only spend 42,000. And you can cast your eye down at the different items and see that almost everyone is pretty much in line with - expenditure is pretty much in line with what we

predicted except our bank charges are higher than they - than we predicted. And I think the bank manager (hadn't) know about that and he's going to give us some refund and reduce some of the charges.

And more significantly the Secretariat travel - as the Secretariat travel this year and cost is zero. And where we budgeted it, 8000 for that. And also members' refreshments where I budgeted 1200 and for the huddles that we had happily monitor and who put the cost on those were two that we had. So there was no BC expense on the two for the meetings so far.

And so - and the bottom line of that was instead of 50,000 expenditure we've got 42,000, which means we'll finish the - with a 14,000 surplus. And which is - well obviously it's good news. And if you remember last year, we finished the year with actually 15,000 deficit. So it's returning us back to a slightly healthier position.

The actual - our reserves and because this is where the surplus or the deficit goes and at the end of the last year I reported our reserves of 14,000 or 30% of our annual expenditure. With the 14,000 surplus, that'll put them up to 28,000 at the end of this year, which is about 65% of our expenditure.

That neatly just ties me just to mention that is one of the charter questions that the charter actually technically defines that we should have 100% - our reserve should be 100% of our expenditure. And well we agreed that that is too much but that is one of the dots to fill in in the charter when we have these discussions. Happy to take any questions on that overview.

Elisa Cooper: I think Jim and John have their hand raised.

Jim Baskin: Yeah. Thanks. This is Jim. I should probably know the answer to this but the leadership development item, is that the travel reimbursement or is that - but what is that? And if not the travel reimbursement, where does that show up?

Chris Chaplow: So the travel reimbursement and four constituency leaders and which has been provided by ICANN as part of these support requests both last year and this year for three leaders per meeting doesn't show at all in these accounts because ICANN provided through their travels, you know, through their own system.

So there's not money comes to into the BC account or goes out to the BC account for that. To answer your question on the leadership development program, that was something approved last year. It's not been approved this year. And it was in the main four events that were - that took place with - in African Institute to (unintelligible) in South America run by our members.

So that was the funding for those events for the leadership development although in reality it was more - it was more outreach. And the outreach materials that you see there - it's the newsletter and fact sheet that you know about.

Jim Baskin: So that all came out of that money?

Chris Chaplow: Yes. Yes.

Jim Baskin: And it's - but it's not been budgeted for next year.

Chris Chaplow: It's not - yeah.

Jim Baskin: Okay.

Chris Chaplow: In the budget for this year because ICANN's budget runs first of July. We've got TBD in our budget because we had no idea what FY14 was going to be. But that's correct. That is one of the requests that was denied in FY14.

Jim Baskin: Thanks.

Chris Chaplow: And John.

John Berard: Thanks Chris. What considerations have we made with the (unintelligible) investing in the Business Constituency Web site that are or are not (unintelligible) into the budget?

Chris Chaplow: There's nothing - no, there's nothing in this current year's budget for the Web site. The small amount of money there under Web site show back, which was for the hosting and clearing a couple of bills slightly more than we'd expected. And the Web site updates - the day to day update to the Web site is now zero because Benny does that herself using the DreamWeaver software we purchased.

But we - yes, we do need looking forward to next year about a new Web site I would say, yeah.

Elisa Cooper: Any other questions for Chris or about the budget in general or where we're at? Okay. Well thank you so much Chris and thank you so much Benedetta. I know this is quite an undertaking but we all really appreciate this work.

With that, I'd like to turn it over to Marilyn. Maybe she's not on the call. Okay. Which that...

Benedetta Rossi: Marilyn isn't on the call Elisa.

Elisa Cooper: Okay. With that, I'd like to just give a quick update on where we're at with Council elections. So I think you may have seen on the list that David Cake has been nominated from the NCSG.

The way it works for Vice Chair, that nomination is sort of passed back and forth between the CSG and the NCSG. And it's their turn this time to make the nomination.

So they have selected David Cake. And I think I just saw an email come through. We are trying to - the CSG is trying to schedule some time just to chat with him. Even though he's the only nominee from our house, we would like to chat with him.

Now in terms of the Chair position, a nomination was made for Jonathan Robinson. He is the current Chair of the GNSO. And there are no other nominations. But again, we would like to just speak with him to insure that, you know, what his plans are and how he sees things moving ahead in the coming term. So that's where we're at with council elections.

I'll just also mention that the data will send out a full agenda for Buenos Aries which will contain all of the meetings that we should be attending including those for the CSG on Sunday, our meetings on Tuesday with the CSG - our meetings where we meet just by ourselves on Tuesday - our Sunday morning meeting with our two board chairs that are meeting. Also for Monday we have that lunchtime meeting and Wednesday we have our prep meeting for the public forum.

At any rate all of these meetings - everything will be captured in an agenda that (Benny) is working on and I'm sure she'll have that out within the next few days if not today.

(Laura Covington): Hey Elisa it's (Laura Covington). Can I interject just real fast one thing?

Elisa Cooper: Of course, yes.

(Laura Covington): Yes and I apologize. This is very late notice but so I've been trying to work with some of our younger folks down in Clinton America and set up some kind of - something similar to what we did last time - a cocktail hour - and we've had a little bit of trouble finding space and that sort of thing so it's a bit last minute but on Tuesday evening probably like 6:30 to 7:30 or 8:00 we are hoping to have similar kind of cocktail setup that we did in Durbin.

I don't think - we have not been able to get into the Sheridan which is the main hotel there but I think we'll be at a very nearby hotel at a bar so I'm hoping that folks can come by and we'll be sending out details to the heads of the different groups, you know, last time we had folks from ALAC and from, you know, the NCUC and that sort of thing. And it was kind of a nice opportunity to connect with people outside of official meetings.

So my apologies again for the late - the lateness of the idea and the information. I'm hoping to get the exact confirmation and address today which I'll share with you and (Benny) and maybe if you all don't mind, you know, sharing it further with a larger group. That would be great and I'll be, you know, sending that to other heads of other groups as well.

Elisa Cooper: Yes, definitely. Benedetta if we can at least put a placeholder if we don't have the actual address and that location information but if we can also add that into our agenda that we send around.

Benedetta Rossi: Yes of course.

Elisa Cooper: Thank you. Thanks (Laura).

Also I'll just mention - and again this will all be in the agenda but Sunday night I believe we're scheduled to have drinks with the board. So Sunday night is our drinks with the board. Monday night there are drinks with local business then Tuesday night we would have drinks hosted by Yahoo. At any rate we'll send the full agenda out so you'll have everything. Any questions about anything?

Jim Baskin: Yes, this is Jim Baskin. What's the rumor I heard about the Sunday morning session starting at 6:30 because it's so busy?

Elisa Cooper: What?

Jim Baskin: I'm just kidding. It is going to be 7:30 though, right? I hope not but...

Benedetta Rossi: Yes, it's 8:00 AM.

Jim Baskin: Oh, really?

Elisa Cooper: Thanks (Benny). Chris?

Chris Chaplow: Hey Elisa. Chris here. As I remember, there's a 15th - I posted a 15th anniversary cocktail event on the Sunday evening on the main calendar. Is our drinks from the board different from that?

Elisa Cooper: I think it is but I'm not sure. (Benny) do you know?

Benedetta Rossi: Yes, it is. And there are comments for the other CSG - CSG expo asking whether the board was there for not participating in the assistance anniversary celebration because it's running at the same time.

Elisa Cooper: Well so much for scheduling. Maybe we can...

((Crosstalk))

Elisa Cooper: So (Benny) maybe we can just show both of those events running concurrently so people can hop in and out.

Benedetta Rossi: Have a drink off.

Elisa Cooper: Yes. (Gabby)?

(Gabby): Yes. Just to let people know that everything that you might need or want to ask about the city or if you have to go to a special meeting with someone, you don't know where to go or whatever you need from (unintelligible) ask me. I'm also (unintelligible) regarding the area because it's a very nice area but at the same time it's kind of complex. So I will turn this information to you and also about a concert and other stuff to enjoy the city. So that's all. Thank you.

Elisa Cooper: Thanks (Gabby). I'll definitely be asking you for some restaurant reservations. Thank you. Not for you to make them but where we should go.

Any other comments, questions? Okay. We should move on then to an update from John on the council.

John Berard: Hi. Good morning you all. (Unintelligible) was very coherent and I would say that the most interesting stuff that (unintelligible) that the (unintelligible) out of hand and concurred is that the (unintelligible) and the fact that (unintelligible). So I thank (Sue)'s client for (unintelligible) in the working group on the (unintelligible) and I would encourage you to do that.

(Unintelligible) the report that we (unintelligible) reference to the business and care of the IGA, INGA team. I think that on its face it looks like progress is being made but I believe that (unintelligible) and no pun intended - a provision with the...

Elisa Cooper: Hey John?

John Berard: Yes.

Elisa Cooper: Like I don't know if others are having a problem hearing but your line is like very echoing and staticky.

Man: Yes, staticky, raspy.

John Berard: Well I don't know. Maybe I had too much vodka last night. (Unintelligible) believe will be related to the IGA, INGA working group report. And as the (unintelligible)...

Elisa Cooper: Actually John I think other people are having a real problem understanding you at all so...

John Berard: Then I'll pass.

Elisa Cooper: Yes, even if there is anything that you'd like us to know, if you can just share it in the chat window or send out an email.

John Berard: Yes.

Elisa Cooper: Sorry about that. I don't want to waste peoples' time if they can't understand so thank you for that.

Let's move onto Steve and policy.

Steve DelBianco: Thanks Elisa. Everyone, I circulated a policy calendar for today's call and sent it out this morning. There are only probably three elements on there I wanted to highlight and then listen to other ideas you have for items we need to tackle and be ready for in Buenos Aries.

The first is this public comment. I let you know that we did submit comments for IGO and INGO identifiers. We did submit comments on public interest commitments dispute resolution. (Gabby) and (Angelie) helped with that. And right now we need to get to work I think on who is privacy proxy service abuse. (Elise) and (Susan Tamagoochi) did an initial draft. I circulated it last week and I need to get comments back from all of you so we can submit it before the November 11th deadline.

So I have set that around October 31st so please take a look at that. There's a great opportunity for us to weigh in on a study that included the extent to which privacy and proxy services are used to facilitate abuse and fraud through the DNS.

Number four on the public comment was the second accountability and transparency review team. Now comments are due by 22 November and this is known by the ATRT. It's mandated by the affirmation of commitments and this is the second such review. Back in August we submitted comments on this starting June so we have a great opportunity to submit comments on their final recommendation.

Now (Angelie Hanson) who couldn't join today's call volunteered to take that on and hasn't been able to start on it yet. And as I said last week could desperately use another volunteer from the BC to assist (Angelie) in wading through those recommendations and pulling out items that are particularly relevant just to the BC and either expand upon or support, in some cases differ with the recommendations of the ATRT team.

Are there any volunteers on today's call that might be willing to put up a hand on that to help (Angelie)? As Elisa said earlier, this will be an important topic to cover in Buenos Aires.

Elisa Cooper: So Steve my understanding and I actually haven't had a chance to review it yet is that it's a very long report. It's like 70 pages. Could we - would it be more palatable if we kind of broke it up and maybe asked people to look at different sections?

Steve DelBianco: Yes, we can do that. If I can get a volunteer or two then I'll take it on to break it up into sections and assign them.

Elisa Cooper: Yes, I'll take a section.

Steve DelBianco: Okay. It's probably one piece at a time.

Chris Chaplow: Steve, Chris Chaplow here. I'll take a section - a small one.

Steve DelBianco: Great. Thank you Elisa and Chris and I'll follow up with both of you on that.
Anyone else?

(Angie): This is (Angie). I'll take a section.

Steve DelBianco: Hey (Angie). Thank you.

(Angie): Sure.

Steve DelBianco: (Angie) will be delighted because I don't think she's even gotten to it yet. Alright let me jump all the way down to number seven. ICANN has just posted its draft of a vision, mission and focus for the five year strategic plan. Comments don't close until the end of January but it's a single comment period. It doesn't have both an initial and a reply. And this draft which I've not even reviewed yet is presumably the output of the brainstorming that the board and staff and perhaps even some community members were involved in.

You may have seen big easel boards outside of several meeting rooms when we were in Durbin where elements of the strategic plan were written down and people would just grab a magic marker and put some comments up. I presume that there were other brainstorming sessions as well but this probably dovetails with (unintelligible) and management's long term plan for where they want to take ICANN. There's no mission leap versus mission creep, preserving the multi-stakeholder model, keeping it bottom up instead of top down. There's a lot of opportunity for us to comment on the culture of ICANN.

Any volunteers that would take a dive into the five year vision, mission and focus - a lot of strategic folks in the BC. Okay, hearing none I will move onto...

Chris Chaplow: Chris here. I'd probably be better off on that one than the "Who Is".

Steve DelBianco: Right. It was ATRT not "Who Is" the first time but Chris I will move you to this five year plan. Thank you. And Elisa it was you and (Angie) who agreed to help not with "Who Is" but with the ATRT2.

Elisa Cooper: Right.

Steve DelBianco: Thanks Chris. I appreciate that.

Alright so moving all the way down to channel four which is the things that we'll have an opportunity to comment on in meetings and in public sessions. I wrote four of them down. They're at the bottom of that email and if you don't mind scrolling up your screen you'll see at the very bottom under channel four. But I guess (Benny) could you scroll to the bottom of that policy calendar please?

There you go. Thank you. So I have on here the global internet governance which is the discussion we had at the beginning of the call about how these outreach or ways to more internationalize what ICANN does including the I-Enter function.

Number two, implementing the GAC advice on safeguards, exclusive generic, GTLD's and this is GAC advice that came out of mainly in Beijing but it was also buttressed again in Durbin. The GAC advice is still hanging out there on a whole category of strings that need what they call safeguard advice and it

hasn't been worked out definitively yet. So we want to watch carefully whether the GAC feels that they're satisfied with the negotiations that are going on.

And then that dovetails into the third one which is the notion of singular and plural forms of the exact same strength patent pend gain and gains. We have discussed this extensively in the BC and on October the 22nd we sent a letter to the board and management - the CEO. Elisa you've not received any reply to that have you?

Elisa Cooper: No. I know that they received it because I know that they posted it.

Steve DelBianco: That's right. Thank you and thanks again for doing that. So the BC will reiterate those concerns and we have very concrete requests about getting more evidence of what was considered by these expert panels and we've also asked for a process - an appeals system where applicants could challenge prior decisions.

Now against all this backdrop (Christine Willet) is in charge of a new GTLD program promised council on the last call that staff was working up a way to make these singular plural decisions more consistent and understandable. And we're still waiting for that. John you may have actually mentioned something about that in your description of the last council meeting but none of us on the call could understand what you were saying.

And finally the other item I noted is something that Jim Baskin asked about at the beginning of the call and there were several BC members here at an event in Washington last week looking at how are we going to do outreach and then do remediation and mitigation of collisions that would occur between a new GTLD string - say Dot Office - and enterprises and organizations that use Dot

Office in their internal domain and private domain strings. So those collisions will cause things to fail or to behave maybe unpredictably.

And ICANN at the beginning of October came up with a brand new plan to mitigate the effect of collisions when they do occur. There is no public comment on that plan but ICANN is currently soliciting a study from an expert group and the study will not do a data study but it's supposed to come up with a framework and the framework would be used to assess each TLD individually before it launches and instruct how that TLD operator has to mitigate the effect of collisions with that string.

So you can well imagine Dot Office would have a lot more collision problems than a Dot Fox. That assessment will not be posted for public comment until it's finished and a number of us - myself included - believe that ICANN should engage the community in figuring out the elements of the framework, the processes that are involved, the outreach plan that goes into it. And this was a hot topic at last Tuesday's event here in Washington on domain name collision.

So I'll stop there and take a queue on other topics we should be prepared to discuss at Buenos Aries from members of the BC. Seeing none Elisa it's back to you.

Elisa Cooper: Well I actually do not have any other items for our agenda today. I had initially reserved our discussion for - oh I can hear an echo. I initially had reserved (unintelligible) video statement towards the end of our call. so we still have time if there is any further discussion we want to have around that or if there is any other business or any other topics, we do have time to discuss that. So I'll just stop here and ask if there are any other questions or comments or things that people want to discuss or get clarification on. Chris?

Chris Chaplow: Elisa thanks. Steve on the Montevideo statements you mentioned earlier there were three items that need checking (unintelligible). I think there's a fourth one and that was (Patty) - if I remember correctly - said that he believed the Montevideo statement was within existing - an existing ICANN position and he said that he had numerous references to where members of the community had made that statement or made that position or made that opinion. So perhaps he had had staff troll through records to find justification for this. If that's the case I think perhaps we just need to crosscheck that. Thanks.

Steve DelBianco: Great point Chris.

Chris Chaplow: Great, so you've got four now Steve. Thanks.

Elisa Cooper: (Susan) did you - I see that you...

((Crosstalk))

Susan Kawaguchi: Yes. So tomorrow our report will be published. It's just an update - a status update report. But there will be a lot of - well some - we haven't come to decisions on a lot of things but the data elements and proposed records that would be provided in the ARDS will be in that report. So I would love for people to give input and maybe, you know, I'll be in Argentina. So anything you have to say about it, let me know.

Steve DelBianco: (Susan) it's Steve. Will you see some of the recommendations that you received from the BC and that (unintelligible)?

Susan Kawaguchi: We seem to be cutting out. I didn't get your question.

Steve DelBianco: Will the BC members see some of the things that we asked for in the status?

Susan Kawaguchi: I think so. Probably not everything but definitely being some of the - I think it's going to help that we'll have sample data records or "Who Is" records. I'm trying not to use that term but I think we've addressed everything. We're still in discussions about some of the most painful points. But I think it's - we're going in the right direction but we're also going to be asking for research not studies but research on some key areas. And so once the Argentina meeting's over we're on a hiatus until ICANN provides some additional research.

So this team is going a lot longer but it's a bigger - it's a much - we all knew it was a much bigger nut to crack than what (Johnny) thought we could do in three months, so.

Elisa Cooper: Thanks (Susan).

Any other - oh my gosh - this echo. Any other questions, comments, flat things, clarification on anything on the meeting? Okay. With that we'll close a little bit early today. Again look to receive from Benedetta very soon an agenda which will have all of the meetings, drinks, breakfast - all that stuff will be on that agenda. It'll include what is published today plus the other stuff that is specific just to us that is not on the ICANN agenda that's off of the ICANN website. So look to receive that shortly.

And for everyone attending, safe travels and I look forward to seeing you there. And I guess have a great day. We'll talk to you soon. Thank you so much.

Steve DelBianco: Thanks Elisa.

END