

**ICANN**

**Moderator: Chantelle Doerksen**  
**November 14, 2018**  
**10:00 am CT**

Note: Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid to understanding the proceedings at the meeting, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Coordinator: Recordings have started.

Chantelle Doerksen: Good morning, good afternoon and good evening. Welcome to the BC Members call on Wednesday, November 14, 2018. In the interest of time, attendance will be taken via the Adobe Connect room and the phone bridge. I would like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for the transcript and to please keep your phones and microphones on mute when not speaking to avoid any background noise.

With this I'd like to turn it over to the BC Chair, Claudia Selli, to begin.  
Claudia, please go ahead.

Claudia Selli: Yes, thanks very much, Chantelle. I'm sorry, everybody I'm traveling (unintelligible) so you might hear some background noise. I cannot see the agenda but I believe we wanted to start the call with the candidate statement and call before diving into the substance of our membership call. So maybe Chantelle, shall we start with the candidate call?

Chantelle Doerksen: Sure, one moment please. BC members, I would like to remind you that the candidate statements were sent before the call earlier today. And I'm also posting them in the Adobe Connect room for you to scroll at your convenience.

As moderator for this portion of the call, I would like to advise BC members that both the nominators and nominees qualify according to the BC charter rules as paid members of the BC and therefore all nominations are valid. The candidates were contacted and they accepted these nominations on the BC private list. For transparency purposes, please note that the nominations are the following: standing for the role of Chair, we have one candidate, Claudia Selli. Claudia was first nominated by Chris Wilson and seconded by Arinola Akinyemi.

For the role of Vice Chair for Policy Coordination, we have one candidate, Steve DelBianco. Steve was first nominated by John Berard and seconded by Adetola Sogbesan.

For Vice Chair of Finance and Operations we have one candidate, Jimson Olufuye. Jimson was first nominated by Gabriela Szlak and seconded by Adetola Sogbesan.

For the role of CSG representative we also have one candidate, Barbara Wanner. Barbara was first nominated by Gabriela Szlak and seconded by Adetola Sogbesan.

The candidates will be allocated for time for one minute statement and then we're going to open the floor up for question and answers. I would like to ask the candidates to introduce themselves for their one-minute statements in alphabetical order by last name so, Steve, Jimson, Claudia and Barbara. And

BC members on the call may participate by submitting questions on the call itself or via the Adobe Connect chat. Candidates may choose to respond to the questions on the call or in writing via the BC private list.

As a reminder, this portion is only limited to 15 minutes and ballots will be sent later today or 15th November at 00 UTC, which will open the voting period to close on Wednesday, November 21st. With that I would like to turn it over to Steve to begin. Steve, please go ahead.

Steve DelBianco: Thank you, Chantelle. Hello, everyone. This is Steve DelBianco. I'm your candidate for reelection as Vice Chair for Policy Coordination. I sent out a rather extensive policy statement – candidate statement and that includes a link and details to my statement of interest, none of which has changed in the last year. I'll summarize briefly what I think is some remarkable achievements of you, the members of the BC, even though this is my time; it's really your accomplishments. (Unintelligible) 2018 and the year isn't over yet that's up from 38 in all of 2017. And I think it's a record and I'm happy to boast the BC is the most frequent commenter on ICANN public comment opportunities, although I'm unable to really test that statistic. But I'll leave it out there until challenged otherwise.

Second element here is that 32 of you contributed to comment drafting and editing and that's up just slightly from what it was in 2017. Now, too many of you are frequent contributors over and over again to comments, and I thank you for your dedication but I recognize that we still need to spread the load. And to that end I'm happy to say that 1/3 or 10 of the 32 contributors, were participating for their first time, so they're relatively new BC members who take an opportunity to participate in the drafting of the comment on something that doesn't require extensive knowledge of the ICANN policy matters but maybe a light touch on something that requires only a fair amount of research

on what the ICANN controversy and position is as well as diving into what the BC's prior position is.

What I can do is help to make it easy for you by summarizing prior BC positions that are relevant to a particular topic and that is often a good way to accelerate your learning curve if you're going to be a new participant. I'll close my opening statement by suggesting that the preparation of comments and letters is only really half of what we need to do to be a participant in ICANN, the other half is to be able to participate on cross community working groups and PDP or policy development process working groups. In that regard, the BC is very prominent on certain key projects but there are many working groups that don't have a BC member at all.

And we're going to have to work harder on that. I wish I could have reported better progress, but I still think we need to (unintelligible) support more BC members to be part of working groups to both represent the BC voice and to report back to the BC on positions that are being considered and adopted.

So with that, Chantelle, I'm happy to take questions. I'm watching the chat and haven't seen anything yet.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you, Steve. We're going to let all of the officers submit their statements and then we'll open it up collectively for questions. So with that I would like to ask Jimson to please go ahead and provide his statement.

Jimson Olufuye: Thank you, Chantelle. And greetings to everyone. My name is Jimson Olufuye. Well, for this moment still the Vice Chair Finance and Operation and I hope I'll be privileged to be elected back to that office. My candidate statement is being published in here and is also on the screen. But for the record, I would like to indicate that under the new BC charter approved on

June 24, 2017, this is my second quest for election into the office of the Vice Chair. And again, thanking Gabriela and everyone that supported (unintelligible).

So over the past year with your support the finances and operation of the BC have continued to be stable, mature and progressive. And I would like to recall that we continued to maintain the (unintelligible) nonvoting office of the BC, to handle our tax refund processes. And this office is also – the BC’s office in DC. This year we engaged certified public accountants to prepare BC books so that we can be in full compliance with (unintelligible) requirements.

We also ensure that we do not lose our data on the bizconst.org, on our website. And in that regard with your approval we were able to create a disaster recovery site which address is provided just in case anything happens to the primary site to be fully covered.

And we continued to push for outreach thanking the Outreach Committee who collaborated to ensure that we continue to reach out to different regions around the world and that (unintelligible). This I hope to continue if given the mandate and I look forward to that mandate.

Well currently I am the lead representative of the Africa (CT) Alliance, I’m the immediate past chair. I also run the company, the (unintelligible) company (unintelligible) issues based in Abuja. Thank you very much.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you, Jimson. Claudia, I would like to turn the floor over to you. It looks like we’re trying to get Claudia back into the meeting. With that, can we move forward with Barbara? Barbara, are you able to provide your statement?

Barbara Wanner: Hi, Chantelle, I'm here. I'm sorry, I had a little glitch here on this end. Can you hear me?

Chantelle Doerksen: Yes I can, loud and clear.

Barbara Wanner: Great. Great. Thank you very much. For the record my name is Barbara Wanner and it is my privilege to run again for the CSG representative from the BC. You have my statement so I don't – I will not reiterate but just to point out that my priorities this year have been to fairly represent the BC's interest in the CSG but also to reach out to the NCSG and build a consensus with them on the selection of Board Seat 14 as well as the election of GNSO councilor.

I also instituted the CSG report, which is a written compilation of our CSG meetings at the ICANN meetings which I hope you find useful. I prepare that really just for your files, for something for you to refer back to. There is a link to my statement of interest in the materials that Chantelle sent around. Nothing has changed at all from last year.

I would say my priorities for the coming year would be working closely with Claudia in terms of planning our leadership, our administrative leadership for ICANN 64 and 65 within the CSG, ensuring that the meetings that we arrange are useful to the BC membership. I think I will also encourage more shared outreach by the CSG to the NCSG in view of the fact that Stephanie Perrin will serve as the new chair and I think it would benefit all three constituencies to establish relations with her.

I also by virtue of my background in US Japan relations I have relationships at (Cadon Ren) established. I'm happy to tap them and see if they would be of any interest to all of us in anticipation of our meeting in Kobe. And I have some Japanese language skills which may prove helpful for the Kobe meeting.

But I think that going forward the emphasis again will be on building what I think was a good foundation of collaborative work within the CSG that established this year and I anticipate that we can carry that forward into the coming year. We've all developed good relationships among each other and I think it should be a positive year for us. Thank you.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you very much...

Barbara Wanner: I do not have – yes, I do not have access to the Adobe chat, so are there any questions? Thank you.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you, Barbara. So we will move to Claudia's line. Claudia, can you hear me? Okay, it looks like Claudia was disconnected again and we're calling her back. In the interest of time...

Steve DelBianco: Claudia is on a train from Paris back to Brussels right now where a lot of us have been at the IGF.

Chantelle Doerksen: Correct. So with that I would like permission to open the question and answer period in the interest of time.

Steve DelBianco: Please do.

Chantelle Doerksen: Okay, hearing no objections, thank you, Steve. BC members, if you have any questions for our candidates, please go ahead and raise your hand and I will call on you, or go ahead and write them into the chat.

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts: Chantelle, this is Lawrence. I would like to be on the queue. I'm on audio-only.

Chantelle Doerksen: Hi, Lawrence. Yes, please go ahead. You're first in the queue.

Claudia Selli: Sorry, Chantelle, I'm back. Please, you want me to present myself? I'm sorry for being disconnected continuously.

Chantelle Doerksen: Yes, Claudia, please go ahead. We will see if we can help connect your line and then once you're finished we'll open it up to Lawrence. Claudia, please go ahead. Claudia, I can't hear you. Can you hear me? Claudia, I would like to try one more time. Can you hear me? Hello, yes, can you please go ahead?

Claudia Selli: Now, okay. Just a moment (unintelligible) for the record I'm Claudia Selli. You have my statement available on the web and through the BC list. You know, just to say that I'm really honored also to run for an extra year and I have (unintelligible) really to team up with the BC officers and we already (unintelligible) a team so in order to advance the priorities (unintelligible) wherever it need I have been trying the past year also to leverage (unintelligible) at European level particularly on the (unintelligible). I have been trying (unintelligible) to members to benefit from funding available and make sure we respect those deadlines.

And of course I'm always there willing to listen to members for any type of improvement that you might see in the BC would need. And my priority also for – in general is certainly to recruit new members and to engage members more in the BC. So and I will leave it to there because you can read my statement and happy to take questions if they come up. Thank you.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you very much, Claudia. With that I'll turn it over to Lawrence. Lawrence, please go ahead.



Lawrence Olawale-Roberts: Thank you. This is Lawrence for the record. First of all I'd like to thank all BC officers for the time you put into service, I appreciate your efforts greatly. My question is (unintelligible) at Jimson. Jimson, I just want to ask for some further clarification understanding that AFICTA has two seats on the BC, one of which is yours and Waudu's. There was an announcement after the AGM in Kenya that there was going to be another chair. How is this going to impact on your membership of the BC? Is one of the seats going to be rerouted or will AFICTA be increasing, I mean, moving up in the (unintelligible) to have an additional seat? Just to give us a bit – a brief answer into what to expect (unintelligible) the realignment within AFICTA. Thank you.

Jimson Olufuye: Okay, thank you very much, Lawrence, for that question. This is Jimson Olufuye for the record. Yes it's true; for six years I've been the Chair of AFICTA and around this time last month we have a new Chair, so the new chair is yet to decide if he wants to lead the AFICT in BC. But in the meantime I'm still the lead and as the practice (unintelligible) for the lead in BC.

Well if it so happens, well, the plan is in the (unintelligible) to have my company join the BC, that's Kontemporary Konsulting, so you can expect Kontemporary Konsulting to join BC once we (unintelligible). Thank you very much.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you very much, Jimson and Lawrence. Do we have any other questions for our officer candidates? I see Steve is typing in the chat. I'll give him a moment to finish. Okay, thank you, Steve. With that I would like to close this portion of the call and turn it over to Steve for the policy calendar.

Steve DelBianco: Chantelle, all the BC members should have an email of the policy calendar. I circulated it yesterday. This will be a very quick policy summary. Ideally we'll leave time enough to discuss briefly what's happening here in Paris at the Internet Governance Forum, or IGF, where half of your ExComm and 15 other BC members have been present, and that just concluded this evening.

Turning to the policy calendar – Chantelle, see if you can isolate that busy signal? Thank you.

Chantelle Doerksen: Yes, one moment. Steve, apologies. I'm asking the operator right now.

Steve DelBianco: Thank you, Chantelle. Thank you, Chantelle. I guess if I keep talking you won't hear it. On the current policy calendar, we have (unintelligible) since we last met in Barcelona and that was November the 11th, we commented on the draft operating plan and the budget plans of fiscal year 2020 for both PTI, the technical identifiers and IANA which are two subsidiaries of ICANN, both of whom have their own budget.

Jimson, let me thank you in particular for drafting a very brief comment pointing out a couple of inconsistencies in the way it was presented and the way in which the data was (selected). And I'm glad that you were able to draft those comments, I submitted them over the weekend. Thank you, Jimson.

Looking at the current open public comments, there are five, the Whois Review Team is the very first of them. And this is, again, a review of Whois that is mandated by the ICANN Bylaws after we brought it from the Affirmation of Commitments. Those comments terminate on the 18th of November.

I'm very happy that Denise Michel and Jimson drafted a BC comment, Marilyn provided some edits, and that is the first attachment to today's policy calendar. We're going to submit that on the 18th of November, so this would be a great opportunity for anyone to ask questions about the edits that have been proposed by Marilyn and the original draft from Denise Michel and from Jimson. I'll look at the queue. Any questions from BC members? Or would the drafters like to say anything in particular about the comments that I attached to the policy calendar?

Denise Michel: Steve, this is Denise. Apologies, I'm on the phone and not in Adobe Connect. I just wanted to note that Marie Pattullo had some useful minor edits so I wanted to make sure that we captured those as well. Thank you.

Steve DelBianco: Thank you, Denise. I'm going to make that – I'll make that notation right now and make sure I include Marie. Any other questions or comments? All right great, thank you.

The second is that we now have an initial report of a cross community working group, or CCWG, who's working on the new gTLD auction proceeds. That's several hundred million dollars of money earned – or sorry – collected by ICANN as a result of auctions of new gTLD top level domains where there was contention among multiple different (unintelligible). Those comments don't close until the 27th of November. We have time. Marilyn serves as the CSG rep on that working group and then Waudo and Tola are both also participants.

So I wanted to thank Tola for his original draft. (David Smee), who's actually here with me in Paris, is supposed to look at some edits that Tola is working, so is Marilyn, who's also here in Paris. As soon as (David) and Marilyn edit Tola's original draft we're going to circulate it hopefully this weekend. Tola,

is there anything you'd like to add with respect to that? Okay, not seeing any. I'll proceed to the next one.

The next item is a final report and recommendations from another of these – go ahead. All right, I'll keep going. Another of the mandated reviews that came from the Affirmation of Commitments, which we brought into the ICANN Bylaws, which is a review of the latest expansion of the new gTLD top level domain space. That particular report is known as the Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice Review Team – we abbreviate that as CCT RT – because the Affirmation and the Bylaws call for review of whether the expansion of the new gTLD contributed to improved competition, improve consumer trust and improved consumer choice and in that regard those are both registrants of domain names, and users of gTLDs.

Those comments, again, close the 27th of November. I want to thank Stephanie Duchesneau of Google who drafted an initial comment, it's just two pages long. I'll put a link to it into the chat because I want ready to circulate it just yet since at this point we also – (Mark Dadasgeld) is another BC member who has volunteered to review that draft prior to showing it to the rest of you. We have plenty of time so I wanted to make sure that (Mark) had an opportunity to comment on Denise's draft.

I did want to point out that in the Google Doc, which I linked to, I wanted to mention that Denise made a particular – I'm sorry – that Stephanie called out in particular at the end of Page 2 that ICANN Org, whenever it negotiates with registrars and registries on the latest contracts, that it should first solicit the priorities of (unintelligible) and that ICANN Org should represent the interests of the community when it negotiates. That is something that Denise and several of us have beat the drum on that for a few years with Akram, who's now gone and works for a gTLD registry. But we're going to have to

continue to hammer that point home and Stephanie, I wanted to call out in particular that I'm (unintelligible) into our comment; it's a key point and a key takeaway.

Stephanie, anything you want to add to that in describing the draft that you've just created?

Stephanie Duchesneau: Hey, Steve, nothing to add at this point. The only reason I hadn't circulated it yet was because I was holding off on allowing (Mark) to have a chance to comment but there's no reason that he can't do it in parallel with the rest of the group. The comments are pretty straightforward, they just build off of the prior statements, so welcome any comments in the Google Doc or additions that folks have.

Steve DelBianco: Stephanie, thank you again. (Mark) is also here in Paris at the IGF so with his travel back to Brazil my guess is he won't get to it until this weekend. Stephanie, I'll say, that no later than Monday I'll circulate it to the full BC and I'll let (Mark) know. But thank you again for stepping up on that.

All right we have two other open public comments. Number 4 here is a draft report which has been put out on the Security Stability Advisory Committee review, we call them the SSAC. And this is a review that is required in the ICANN Bylaws that every five years ICANN hires an outside expert or consultant to do a review of the purpose of each of its advisory committees and stakeholder organizations whether it has the continued purpose in the ICANN structure and whether it is effective in the role that it's set out to do.

Those comments don't close until the 3rd of December, and we do need a volunteer for the BC to assess the SSAC review and determine whether we have any comments on what the initial consultant's review has in it. Do we

have any BC members who are familiar with the operation of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee who could step up to this? It's a relatively easy element to do. People with a more technical background, not legal, but a technical background would be perfectly suited to contribute to this BC draft.

I'm looking at some of the newer members, those in particular who have a technical background, to review the SSAC review and suggest areas the BC could amplify or maybe even contribute additional items to. It would be a great opportunity for a new member with a little bit of technology in their background. Tim Chen who's the CEO of Domain Tools, I know you have a lot on your plate so I very much appreciate, Tim, (unintelligible) to take a look at it but I would like to see if we can find another BC member who hasn't contributed before who could help with this. Thank you, Tim. Any others?

All right, let me move onto the last one. There's a supplemental initial report from the Subsequent Procedures PDP, so what does that, Subsequent Procedures? This has to do with the procedures that GNSO wants ICANN to use for the next round and potentially all future rounds of top level domain expansion. Those comments close well into December, on the 12th. And this particular PDP working group has put out an additional or a supplemental report based on comments that came in.

And we filed extensive set of responses on the 26th of September. We had a nice little work team, (Vivac) led the way on his first contribution, Andrew Mack, Susan Kawaguchi, Marilyn and I. Can we find volunteers from that group who will look at the supplemental report and prepare another set of BC comments? So I think of (Vivac), Andrew, Susan, I think Marilyn is not on the line but she's here in Paris as well.

Susan Kawaguchi: Steve, this is Susan.

((Crosstalk))

Steve DelBianco: Go ahead, Susan.

Susan Kawaguchi: Steve, this is Susan. I seem to have been kicked out of the Adobe Connect, or at least I've got a blank screen. But I can take a look at those.

Steve DelBianco: Hey, Susan, this is Steve. Thank you very much. And I appreciate that. We heard you loud and clear. And thank you again for serving as powerfully as you did as our councilor on GNSO for at least two years, almost two and a half years. And Andrew Mack, thank you as well.

All right, the – those are the currently-open public comment periods. It has been a relatively light schedule since Barcelona thankfully. This is a busy time of year. All right so next up are a handful of initiatives that address ICANN's ability and initiatives to provide a Whois policy and modify Whois enforcement in order to comply with GDPR. So this is the infamous temporary specification to address GDPR and the Expedited Policy Development Process which we call an EPDP to address that.

The BC has two members on this EPDP, Margie Milam and Mark Svancarek. And there are several BC members, including Statton Hammock and Tim Chen, who are providing back support to these guys and they're doing a tremendous amount of work. And I think we have a call tomorrow and Friday this week. Margie and Mark, I would ask you to contribute your latest perspectives of where we are in the EPDP on the upcoming report. And turn it over to Margie and/or Mark.

Margie Milam: Sure. This is Margie. Can you hear me?

Steve DelBianco: We do, perfectly. Thanks, Margie.

Margie Milam: Great, yes, we're – as Steve mentioned we're working really hard, I think three calls this week of two hours each to prepare the initial report. We're trying to – we're shooting for submitting it next week, November 19. And as you look through the report you'll see that there's not a lot of areas of agreement, in fact most of the report will be identifying the different perspectives and trying to seek public input on those perspectives.

So just I think one of the things, Steve, we should do is get a team of people together to start thinking about how we would like to comment on the report once it gets released because that'll be input – very important input to the EPDP team as the team continues on its timeline to try to come up with a final report by the end of – well by, you know, early next year because of the timing that's needed to get the Council approval and the Board approval.

So that – essentially that's what we're doing right now. We've been doing it for the last week and a half or so is really trying to identify how we want to present the report and what the issues are and certainly I'll be – I'm sure Mark and I will be able to help with the drafting team to come up with comments but that's the next real important work that we need to get done.

Steve DelBianco: Margie, it's Steve. Let me add that tomorrow, Thursday's call, both Mark and I are traveling, we're in the air during the call and I hate for you to be (unintelligible) so Statton, in particular, Tim Chen, you're all part of that BC support group and are on that Skype chat, let me ask you tomorrow, Thursday, to be on the call during the EPDP call if possible because during that call Margie, Alex Deacon, Diane and Brian, we're always trying to coordinate our messaging in response to things that are said on the call. Are there any BC



members in that support group that can confirm you can be on that call tomorrow? Statton says yes he can be on the call. Tim Chen, is that (unintelligible) asking Margie what time that call is. Nine am Eastern Time and that would be 6:00 am west Coast time, Tim. Is that right, Margie?

Margie Milam: Sorry, I don't have the timing of it. It's normally 6:00-8:00 on Thursday but I don't know about the Friday call. Steve, do you know the time for that?

Steve DelBianco: I do not, I'll have to check on that. Alex Deacon, is 6:00 am on Thursday, we've confirmed that and then Friday Alex or Statton, if you have that handy put that into the chat as well on Friday. I have a flight midmorning Friday East Coast time so as long as it's early I can do it.

Now Margie has indicated this initial report, now I want a lot of BC members to appreciate that once the initial report comes out, we are going to need to coordinate BC members to get their companies and their allies to provide public comments on that report. Yes, as you know, the BC will provide a comment but it is so important to provide quantity of comments on some of the open questions that will be in the initial report.

We are really against the majority when it comes to many things we want to do in the temporary specification on Whois and it is the most we can accomplish at the initial report is to have questions and disagreements publicly disclosed so that the public can now comment on those. And it's not enough to just have a BC comment, we're going to need comments from companies that are represented on the BC group. So Margie, it's my belief that we're going to be asking BC members to file supporting comments and dissenting comments in order to actually influence where this initial report turns into a final report.

Statton is not seeing anything to Friday and Alex Deacon believes the Thursday call was simply extended in duration. So let's send a note to all of the BC-EPDP once we confirm the schedule for the calls that are occurring Thursday and potentially even Friday. And we'll do that.

All right, that's it for the part with respect to EPDP. Let me note that Denise Michel and Scott our new councilor, are both parts of another ongoing review, and it's the review of security, stability and resiliency, we call it the SSR2 Review. Denise and Scott, would you have anything you wanted to add on where things are with the SSR2?

((Crosstalk))

Scott McCormick: This is Scott. For the most part we're...

((Crosstalk))

Scott McCormick: Denise, do you want to take it?

Denise Michel: No, go ahead, Scott.

Scott McCormick: All right. For the most part things are moving ahead on the SSR2 team. We're making good headway for the upcoming meeting in – our next ICANN meeting we're wanting to do a face to face before that and that's going to prove we're in the process of scheduling that out, most likely going to be in North America – we're probably moving it to Canada because we had visa issues with attendees attending the DC face to face. So for the most part things are moving ahead. You can track progress on our wiki that's public and we're looking forward to having I think a draft report not next meeting but the following meeting.

Steve DelBianco: Denise, anything to add?

Denise Michel: And the review team today or tomorrow will be posting an updated work plan that details the activities and timelines we're following. Thanks.

Steve DelBianco: Thank you, Denise. We're going to turn next to Channel 2 which is the GNSO Council. We're welcoming Scott McCormick as the newly elected and newly seated GNSO councilor to replace Susan Kawaguchi. And we also have Marie Pattullo. The last Council meeting was while we were all together in Barcelona on the 24th of October where the Council took three votes. And I've already described each of those plus the agenda and transcript in the policy calendar. The next GNSO Council meeting is the 29th of November at noon UTC.

At this point there is no formal agenda yet, that's not expected until the 19th of November. But Scott and Marie are on a very active Council email list where they're already aware of issue and votes that are likely to be on the agenda. So Marie and Scott, I'll turn it over to you for discussing Council.

Marie Pattullo: Thanks, Steve. This is Marie. And then I'll get Scott to fill in the blanks. First up officially and yet again massive thanks to Susan for the last four years, incredible amount of work done on behalf of the BC and Council. Apart from what's already in the policy calendar, you know that we now have a new chair, Keith Drazek. We have the same vice chair from the NCSG, that's still Rafik, and we have a new vice chair from the Registrars, Pam Little from Alibaba. All of them decent people so let's hope that we can still go forward.

One of the things that we know that's going to come up before the next Council meeting – and again this is thanks to Susan because she chairs the

Standing Selection Committee – is that they have agreed on the seven GNSO candidates to be put forward to be part of the ATRT 3 which is going to kick off hopefully in January.

So as you already know, because I've told you, massive thanks to Tola who has got a hat in the ring there and hopefully if the vote goes ahead next week as it should do, we will be one of the reserve candidates or secondary candidate for that review team.

We have a whole bunch of process issues, a whole bunch of people maybe misbehaving or not behaving as well as they should be, not on Council, I'm talking here in the community. So there's going to be a whole lots of discussion about standards of behavior, the infamous PDP 3.0, and we've also got a Council session that will be in January in LA where we'll be talking a lot about this kind of stuff. That's all for me. Scott, anything from you?

Steve DelBianco: I'm not sure if you started to speak or were letting us know you had nothing to add?

Scott McCormick: Can you hear me?

Steve DelBianco: We do, go ahead.

Scott McCormick: Okay, sorry about that. I had my onboarding call with staff this week so I'm getting up to speed on some of the issues that I haven't been following and then the issues that I have been following I'm holding on and will be consulting with obviously the ExComm and Marie to make sure we're all in alignment.

Steve DelBianco: If there's no questions for our councilors, I'm looking at the queue, I would be able to turn things over to Barbara Wanner to talk about CSG.

Barbara Wanner: All right. I'm in challenging circumstances here but I'll just say that we're in sort of a fallow period now in the CSG; haven't really had any teleconferences since Barcelona. I imagine we will convene – begin to convene calls the beginning of the year to make sure that we're properly planned for the Kobe meeting. But I thank everybody for their support and I'm afraid I've been summoned to return to an OECD meeting I'm attending so I'm afraid I'm going to have to sign off if that's okay.

Steve DelBianco: Thanks, Barbara. Appreciate that and all you've done.

Barbara Wanner: Thank you. Thank you.

Steve DelBianco: Let me turn it back over to Claudia and Chantelle. Okay. Claudia and Chantelle, back to the main agenda, we're done with the policy calendar.

Chantelle Doerksen: Claudia, this is Chantelle. If you can hear me, I can go ahead and give the ICANN 64 update if that's helpful? Thank you, Steve. Just briefly so everyone is aware...

((Crosstalk))

Steve DelBianco: ...please do.

Chantelle Doerksen: Okay thank you. We've already kicked off the planning for ICANN 64 even though we have just come out of Barcelona. We will be looking at what meetings need to be reserved which is something that we'll be working with Claudia and at the CSG ExComm level to track those. There will be topic

proposals submissions which were presented to the leaders and BC input will be needed on those just to see which high interest topic and cross community topics are chosen, and I can share some information about that later today.

The schedule is going to close on the 8th of February and the public schedule will be available as of the 18th of February. So please look for more information in the upcoming days and we'll be needing your suggestions for any guest speakers that the BC should invite to speak during the open meeting and for the CSG meetings. Thank you. And with that I would like to turn it over to Jimson for the operation and finance report.

Jimson Olufuye: Thank you very much, Chantelle. This is Jimson Olufuye. As you do know, the officer selection is ongoing and after this call the one week balloting period will be open and so I would like to urge everyone to do cast their ballots.

Please also to know that committee election processes will commence after the officers' election and that details will be transmitted to the committees. The committees are the Outreach Committee, and the (unintelligible) Committee. This is in line with our charter that requires that elections should also take place every year even for the chair of each committee so one year term and for the term of also about two years and there may be more if required.

We are currently at 85% payment compliance on membership invoices. Voting members that are yet to pay their dues will be ineligible to vote in this election according to our charter. So I would like to urge members that still require help to let us know. We have reached out to members yet to pay, we got information that payment is still going through some company processes;

there are others that we have not gotten any feedback from. But by the end of the year or by the New Year, the membership list will be fully (reset).

Okay, on outreach, BC supporting the IGF outreach that is ongoing in Abuja. It is hosted by a member, MicroBoss led by Lawrence Olawale-Roberts. I was there yesterday and is quite active so thanks to Lawrence for the excellent hosting of the hub. And I think the BC is proud to be supporting that kind of activity if I may speak on our behalf. BC newsletter, our messaging, were communicated at the hub.

With respect to ICANN 64 outreach, I would like to use the opportunity to invite Outreach Committee to plan for our usual outreach during ICANN meeting so the one coming up in Kobe, March, we need to plan for it. And also for information, the window for additional budget requests has been opened so this for the Finance Committee begin to work on that, on our budget requests – additional budget requests and this is to be opened until the 25th of January, 2019.

This just for members' information but is for Finance Committee particularly. But by the way if any member feels that there is any special need, we need to make formal requests for for ICANN to support this is the time of the Finance Committee to get that input as we put the document together. That is it for me for now so thank you very much. Back to you, Claudia.

Claudia Selli: Yes, hello. I'm sorry everybody for keeping on disconnecting. I don't have a lot of updates but just to say that we're starting the work for the ICANN 64 so I will be reaching out with an email to the BC private just to know what we want to prioritize in terms of issues and maybe also for the speakers. But there is not much for now. And I don't know if there are other AOB...

((Crosstalk))

Andrew Mack: Claudia, it's Andrew. Can you hear me?

Claudia Selli: ...wants to raise? Yes, Andrew, please.

Andrew Mack: Yes just really quickly, regarding outreach in – regarding outreach in Kobe, given the logistics of – and the cost of doing outreach in Japan, it would be great to know as early as possible if any members of the BC are well connected – Barbara you mentioned your experience with Japan – it'd be very, very helpful for us to get information as early as we could about who knows who so we could begin planning and try and do that as efficiently as we can. Thanks.

Claudia Selli: Great. Thanks – thanks, Andrew. It's a very good point. We had an initial conversation as well with ICANN in Japan but I will connect with you and let you know what was the state of the discussion. And if there are no other points then I would call the – close the call and then we'll talk soon.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thank you very much, Claudia. Operator, you may now stop the recordings. Please remember to disconnect all remaining lines and enjoy the rest of your day.

END