

ICANN

**Moderator: Chantelle Doerksen
July 20, 2017
10:00 am CT**

Coordinator: The recordings have started. You may begin.

Chantelle Doerksen: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the BC Members Call on Thursday July 20, 2017. On today's call we have Adetola Sogebesan, Andrew Mack, Andy Abrams, Barbara Wanner, Ben Wallis, Cecilia Smith, Chris Wilson, Denise Michel, Jimson Olufuye, John Berard, Mark Datysfeld, Nivaldo Cleto, Philip Corwin, Steve DelBianco, and Tim Chen. We have apologies from Alison Simpson, Jay Sadowski, Marie Pattullo, Stephanie Duchesneau. From staff we have myself, Chantelle Doerksen.

I'd like to remind all participants to please state your name before speaking for the transcript. Thank you ever so much and over to you, Andrew.

Andrew Mack: Great, Chantelle. Thank you very much. I know that is summer for a lot of people and I know that this is a busy time for a lot of people, so I'm going to try to make this call as efficient as we possibly can, and starting off with an efficient intro from my side.

I had two things that I wanted to flag. One was to thank everybody from the BC who participated in the outreach event in Johannesburg. It was a terrific event. We had a very good outreach call afterwards recently to discuss it, and we wanted to - on behalf of the outreach committee I'd like to thank everybody who participated from the BC side. I think we all showed really very well.

And I know that there are a number of new members that are in the pipeline that we think that we may be able to get out of that, and I think that's very exciting. It's kind of - it's an example of what I think we can do and it's - let's see what we can do to push everybody over the finish line and get them in as new members of the BC, and new active members. So thank you all, not just members of the Outreach Committee, but everyone who showed up to speak. That was really wonderful. And that's specifically to Jimson, who was the lead on putting that event together.

The second thing is I wanted to welcome Chris Wilson back. Chris, wonderful to see you in the chat, wonderful news that you're back as part of the BC. That's just amazing news. And on behalf of the BC, we are thrilled to have you and we are thrilled to have someone as knowledgeable and as active as you've been in the past to be back with us. So that's all really good news from my side.

Steve, if you're ready, I'll go ahead and drop the mic and hand it over to you to do the policy side.

Steve DelBianco: Thank you, Andrew. Chantelle will put up the policy calendar, which I circulated two days ago. It's an abbreviated run through today. We'll probably get through this in time to leave more for Jimson. We filed two comments on behalf of the BC since we last met in Johannesburg. On July the 7th we

commented on the new procedure for handling conflicts between Whois and privacy law. We need to thank Cheryl and Susan Kawaguchi, Cheryl Miller and Susan Kawaguchi for their work on that.

And then on July the 10th, the BC filed a comment that was drafted by Alison Simpson, Andrew Mack, and Phil Corwin. And this was a comment on the proposed implementation of some of the GNSO recommendations for how to protect IGO intergovernmental organizations and international non-governmental organizations' identifiers. We were only one of four groups that commented on that. So, again, it's so important for the BC to get a voice out there for the general business community on items like that. And thanks again to volunteers.

On the current calendar, we really only have two items. The first is a draft framework has been published for registry operators to respond to security threats. And these comments close on the 31st of July. This is a result of a project that took two years for the registries, registrars and the GAC's public safety working group to collaborate and figure out how specifically to respond to Specification 11. We call it Spec 11. It's the safeguards portion of the new gTLD registry agreement.

And all of that was born at the GAC meeting in Beijing in 2013, where the GAC came out with advice saying that there ought to be public interest commitments and safeguards. Now the comments that we've put together I think are outstanding, and let me thank Denise Michel for the leadership she showed in doing that. It's the first attachment to the policy calendar, and you've all had in your hands now for two days.

This suggests that the registries need incentives to implement these safeguards and that we need to be more specific on definitions and obligations. And I

note in the policy calendar that the BC has been pretty specific and active on commenting on safeguards, and it hasn't been where the BC simply buys into everything the GAC has said with respect to safeguards. The BC had a very balanced view because of the realization that a registry can't be expected to police the content on domain names that happen to live in their zone file.

They need to be responsive and reactive when concerns arise, but we did buy into the idea that they had to proactive audits of the security of a website that happened to have its domain name in their zone. So I think that Denise had reflected on previous BC positions and has an excellent draft comment. So while we have the time, Denise is with us on the call, let's see if we - Denise, if you'd like to say anything more about that draft and see if BC members have any additional comments. We will not have another call between now and when this comment will be filed on the 31st of July. Denise?

Denise Michel: Thanks, Steve. I don't have any particular comment. I'm happy to answer any questions. As Steve noted, we're supportive of the draft and have suggestions - a few suggestions on how to clarify and hopefully improve it and improve its chances of actual use. Thanks.

Steve DelBianco: And Denise notes in here that we ought to have - we ought to consider a system of incentives, incentives for adoption and implementation of some of these best practices and security threats. So I think the BC is trying to proactive, we are trying to be positive, and get something out of here that'll actually make a difference.

All of this is going to come back around as we consider the guidebook, the applicant guidebook in the next registry agreement for new gTLDs because Spec 11, again, it was never subject to community development. Spec 11

came from GAC advice, got inserted into the contract where it belongs because ICANN needs to be able to enforce it.

All right, looking at the queue, I don't see any other hands up. Denise, thanks again for your drafting on that. Appreciate it.

We only have one other open public comment at this point and it's on proposed changes to the GNSO's operating procedures and a couple of technical changes to the ICANN bylaws. Why are they needed? Well the GNSO is trying to respond to the new rights and responsibilities as part of the empowered community, which we created out of the ICANN IANA transition.

These comments don't close until the 10th of August. I chaired the drafting team that developed these changes and I probably have told you all before is that the CSG, the Commercial Stakeholders Group, we had preferred the GNSO be part of the empowered community by virtue of the GNSO constituent parts and not the GNSO Council. We tried but we were unsuccessful at having that view prevail at the threshold necessary.

So it is the council, the GNSO Council that speaks for the GNSO, and of course the BC has two elected councilors who helped articulate that position. So we tried but nonetheless we failed, and what we have now is a set of changes. I have kept all of you apprised of this over the past eight or nine months, so there's no surprises in here and I will be recommending that we note our difference by having the council instead of the GNSO constituents exercise this power.

But having noted that difference and that concern that we would believe that these procedures and bylaws changes are appropriate for the GNSO to exercise its power. So it will be a very brief comment, and I'll circulate it in

time for you to review. I'd be happy to have any other volunteers who want to help me out with that, who feel like they want to get up to speed more on the way the GNSO handles these powers.

Let me turn now to the third review of ICANN's accountability and transparency, the ATRT. And we call it ATRT3. And Adetola is with us on the call, and Adetola, thank you for applying and seeking the GNSO's endorsement to be part of ATRT3. And Adetola, I'm interested to know have you been informed whether you're - whether you've been endorsed yet? And Susan's the one who actually chairs the GNSO Selection Committee. Adetola, do you have any news for us on whether you've been approved?

Not hearing Adetola but I hope that we can get him placed on this ATRT as part of the GNSO's endorsed positions. The GNSO gets to pick three people who are guaranteed to be on the ATRT3, and Susan's in a very good position to help us to get Adetola into that mix.

When we met in Johannesburg, there was significant discussion of a new task force to try to document the uses of Whois for the purposes of explaining to the European Union data protection regulators the purposes of Whois to see whether they would grant an exception for it. That is our ICANN CEO's view. He thinks he can pursue that. But if he's unsuccessful in that, we still need to be able to document that these are legitimate uses and therefore in compliance with the European general data protection regulation.

We are lucky to have Susan Kawaguchi representing the Business Constituency on that task force, and I want to thank all the BC members who contributed to use cases to throw into the exercise for this task force.

I thought I would now turn it over to Phil Corwin to talk a little bit about Council. You'll see on the policy calendar that I've noted the previous council meeting. It was last week on the 13th of July, and the next one's not until the 24th of August. Now, Phil, over to you.

Phil Corwin: Yes thanks, Steve. I'm off mute now. As you noted in the - I'm just getting one other document up here to have all the information in front of me. Okay. So as you noted, we had adopted two resolutions at the meeting last Thursday. One was confirming council chair James Bladel to represent the GNSO as the decisional participant on the empowered community administration, and the other was to approve the proposed amendments to Section 4.2, the article bylaws regarding board committee for reconsideration requests.

Also, as you noted, we're looking at RDS services. Susan's the expert on that one. And some other action items from last Thursday's meeting, we approved a format for the council review of the GAC communiqué from Johannesburg. There was only one piece of GAC advice in that communiqué which related to the working group on curative rights protections for IGOs, the group of which I'm co-chair.

We are in the process of -- we, being the leadership of the council and some other members, including myself -- are working out the final language in regard to IGOs. Also, although there was not new advice in that communiqué on the geo names issue, the - we did have participation in the council meeting from the co-chairs of the Subsequent Procedures working group, and they've suggest it'd be helpful to - there was some other language, non-advice language, in the GAC communiqué relating to geo names that we're also looking to develop some response to that.

And we anticipate a vote next week on the revised language so we can get the language to the board before it meets to consider the GAC advice. So that's going on. We've continued to - we deferred the motion on basically stepping away, no longer being an endorser of the CCWG on Internet Governance. That's not because the council doesn't think that Internet governance is not very important, we do think it's very important, but we think that that particular CCWG is just not meeting the ICANN requirements for a CCWG.

We're still searching for a way forward on this but the motion is deferred, so we have to address it at our next meeting, which I believe is August 24. And also the final item I'll - we had a discussion of the CCWG on the use of country and territory names, which of course relates to the geo names issue I just referenced in regard to response to the GAC, and we're considering drafting a motion on this for discussion at the August meeting. And we're soliciting input from the ccNSO as well.

So that's all the action items from our meeting last Thursday, and I'm happy to take any questions.

Andrew Mack: Great. Does anyone have a question that they would like or need some more detail from Phil? Okay I'm not seeing anything. Anything else...

Phil Corwin: Jimson has a hand up. I'm not sure if that's on my report.

Andrew Mack: My apologies. I didn't see it. Jimson, please go ahead.

Jimson Olufuye: Yes. That's true. This is Jimson speaking. Yes, Phil, I just want to find out whether we have the delegate to the empowered community (unintelligible). Is there anything that you're hearing will get (unintelligible) on the powers like maybe blocking the budget, things like that?

Phil Corwin: The audio's a little muddled, Jimson. Are you asking if there's any budget implications for this or - I think that was your question. I'm not quite sure.

Jimson Olufuye: Okay sorry. Maybe I should be louder. I was just trying to find out since we now have James Bladel as the regional participant in the empowered community administration, so I wanted to find out if there is any information or any issue or coming up with regard to blocking the ICANN budget? Is there anything like that?

Phil Corwin: Oh, blocking the ICANN budget. I'm not aware of any but I'm not the expert on that. I'll defer - if anyone else has information on that. But there was - I can tell you there was no - I don't recall any discussion at the council meeting last week of any imminent issue where we might invoke the empowered community to object to an action by the board.

So I'm not aware of anything near term that could result in that. But we did want to get James appointed so that we're in a position if something arrives. Because my understanding is that the timeframes when the empowered community needs to move forward are very tight. I hope that answers your question.

Jimson Olufuye: Yes that's okay. Thank you.

Phil Corwin: Okay. Very welcome.

Andrew Mack: Great. Thank you, Jimson. Thank you, Phil. Any other questions or comments? Susan, I saw you just joined the call. Would you like to - is there anything you'd like to jump in on? We're now--

Susan Kawaguchi:No.

Andrew Mack: Okay. Good enough. Just wanted to give you the opportunity.

Susan Kawaguchi:Okay thanks.

Andrew Mack: Chantelle, would we like to talk quickly about the GNSO Council election process and where are with that and the timeline?

Chantelle Doerksen: Hi, Andrew, it's Chantelle. Jimson's going to cover the elections under his report.

Andrew Mack: Fantastic. Okay good enough. I wanted to make sure we were in that. Okay if there are no further comments - right, if there are no further comments on the (Council) then let's go to the CSG report, if we could.

Barbara Wanner: Okay thank you. Everybody hear me okay?

Andrew Mack: Perfectly well.

Barbara Wanner: Okay great. I will be brief to allow a lot more time for Jimson. Basically ICANN staff has reached out to the Non-Contracted Party House concerning whether we want to have an intersessional meeting in 2018. And the CSG will have a call probably sometime in August, where I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion, but I'm also anxious to solicit views from the BC concerning this also.

A couple of things we want to keep in mind is the timing of this meeting. There is a GNSO strategic council meeting that's tentatively scheduled for January 2018, and ICANN staff has proposed that perhaps we kind of

piggyback these two meetings. The benefit of that is, especially if ICANN staff participates in the GNSO's strategic council, that would be better ensure our ability to engage with ICANN staff in the intersessional.

That point in particular was disappointing when we met in Iceland earlier this year, and I think in our BC ExCom meeting wrapping up the intersessional I think that's what we all agreed, that if we're going to do this either every year or every other year, that it's critical to have ICANN staff there in person for their engagement. It's also unclear where this meeting will take place.

Again, going from the Iceland example, I think the priority should be on a location that will ensure ICANN staff attendance and that is a reasonably accessible for all participants.

And then finally topics for discussion, Steve led a very interesting plenary session in Iceland that explored the roles and expectations of the Non-Contracted Party House and touched on what we might want to realize from the 2019 GNSO review. I would like to propose that perhaps we put that forward as a topic for discussion at the intersessional.

But I'm - you know, I was - it was very interesting for me to see that 100% of the respondents that participated and opposed an intersessional survey indicated that they would be willing to attend another meeting. I was hearing mixed views during the actual Iceland meeting as to whether we needed to meet every year.

So, again, anxious to solicit views from the BC concerning the utility of meeting every year for these intersessional meetings or whether we can do this every other year. I guess the benefit of meeting every year is that it keeps the

lines of communication open with the Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group and enables cross-constituency consensus building on issues.

In terms of ICANN 60 planning, we will delve into this in our upcoming CSG conference call in August. The deadline for cross-community topics is tomorrow. I don't know if anybody has any ideas. That gives you a pretty fast turnaround deadline on that. You also might want to consider what meetings you would find useful for the BC at ICANN 60 in Abu Dhabi, and we will also consider what meetings it would be useful for the CSG to have at that meeting. A point of interest that there will be a special farewell ceremony for Steve Crocker planned at the Abu Dhabi meeting.

So why don't I just wrap it up with that to enable Jimson to walk us through the election process. Thank you. Anybody have any questions?

Andrew Mack: Barbara, thank you very, very much. That was a great report. Denise, I see your hand up. You want to jump in?

Denise Michel: Yes. First just quickly to respond to Barbara, I think - I'm hoping that someone else has suggested that we continue a cross-community dialogue on GDPR as a follow up to this brief cross-community group that's pulling user cases together. We need a lot more clarity on next steps, community involvement, and who's talking to any regulators about what and when.

On a completely separate topic, I just wanted to give the BC a heads up that Emily Taylor, who was appointed by the GNSO to the Security Stability and Resiliency Review Team, has resigned from that team. So there's an additional slot, I believe, for the GNSO to fill. Emily was a member of the registrar constituency. Susan or Phil perhaps could provide more detail on the process

that the GNSO uses to appoint candidates or fill vacancies, but I just wanted to give people a heads up on that. Thanks.

Andrew Mack: Great. Thank you, Denise. Susan, over to you please.

Susan Kawaguchi: So, Denise, thanks for bringing that up. That was - I was told that confidentially but obviously you're a member of that team so it's good that it - people know. And that nomination will be coming back to the Standing Selection Committee of the GNSO, which I chair, and we will quickly, hopefully, provide another candidate.

We have to go back to the candidate that was in our list. We had picked seven for the SSR team and so we'll probably just go back to our fourth candidate and see if they're still available and interested. But. So we'll have a little - a preliminary step first and then make the selection of a candidate to fill that slot.

Denise Michel: Great. Thanks, Susan.

Andrew Mack: Fantastic. Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Denise. Any other comments on this topic or this section of our agenda? I'm looking for hands. I'm seeing none. Okay great. Then let's pass the microphone to Jimson for operations and finance, and I know we've got a bunch of things going on, so Jimson by all means take it away.

Jimson Olufuye: Okay. Thank you very much, Andrew. This is Jimson speaking. As usual, my report will be in two parts, operations and finance. On operations, the first thing we have is elections. Let me first say that per charter requirements, Excomm has decided that the implementation of the charter is accepted the

date it was approved by ICANN board, and that was 24th of June, 2017 (to the date it is not retroactive).

So, this means that all officers start counting from that date and the next election in November based on our existing policy. You can recall that we had to establish it publically to hold elections November so that the (new officers can) transition and can take their seats by January. So, an addition provision applies to committee chairs. That is there are time (begins with the) date of the year Charter of when it is approved. So that is the Credentials and the Outreach Committee.

In the meantime, elections for GNSO officers, that is one councilor and two Nominating Committee representatives, that is one large business and one small business rep will commence next Monday. Chantelle will be sending out the election procedures immediately after this call.

As you know, our councilor, that is Phil Corwin of Internet Commerce Association, is currently occupying the council seat for this election. While Cheryl Miller of Verizon is (completing the term of Paul Mitchell of Microsoft). Here you can recall (was dealing with personal issues). That was will respect to the outcome with those seats. Jay Sudowski of IT Commission comprised the NonCom small business seat. So, all the candidates are eligible to stand for election. So, the election is for the councilors for two years, a two-year term. That is the NomCom's regular term. Of course, the max is two terms.

Section 2.63 says that the candidates who are in the Nominating Committee position will be able to be a representative of the (current) member or someone who is nominated by the Member Representative from the Business Constituency. So in the previous charter, it couldn't be an affiliate or someone

that has a connection to BC. But this time around, (unintelligible) paid up member and we had discussion on who they will nominate.

I want to talk about additional information from the charter for our committees except for Executive Committee. Section 4.1.1 talks about the chair's responsibility. And it says that the members of each committee shall elect a chair annually. Then each committee, except the Finance Committee, is chaired by the Vice Chair Of Finance and Operation, all of our committee will have to elect their chair annually. You can see that in Section 4.1.1.

So (unintelligible) and I'd like to jump to the outreach in South Africa, that we did in South Africa and the outcome of that. As Andrew mentioned, we'll be getting some news about the event and new members have been applying. And as of this moment, I would like to welcome a new member, Assembly, from South Africa, and is being represented in the BC by Billy Einkamerer.

So, the Credentials Committee welcomed(two new) to our membership and I are waiting on the Financial Committee. (Unintelligible) I would like to thank Andrew for the action there and (unintelligible). The outreach committee met and the ability to kind of postmortem with regard to (unintelligible). But we believe that it will (started on) time will be able to gained in terms in participation at the local level and broadly. So thank you for accepting participation, for being able to participate and (unintelligible).

Andrew Mack: Jimson, your line is a little bit broken up, at least on my end. Could you repeat the last 15 second and go forward from there?

Jimson Olufuye: Okay. Well I said -- is that any better now?

Andrew Mack: A little bit, thank you.

Jimson Olufuye: Can hear me better? Okay, you can hear me. All right. So, I said that the Outreach Committee met yesterday and look at a list of names and (because of that) if we start on time, we'll get more traction maybe on a local level. And two, we can use the social media more readily. So, we have a presence on the social media now. That will be Twitter Handle, that is BizConstituency. That is Twitter Handle, so please follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page to boost our commitment to awareness creation reaching stakeholders.

I also want to continue to create awareness about what we do and what we stand for. We'd like to recruit new members. So then, Andrew, I wanted to really appreciate (Chris Mondini) that presented a regional view of Internet economy. It was a rare thing. It brought many countries of the report. There was about 15 (unintelligible) except one from South Africa (unintelligible) as they travel from Swaziland.

So of course thanks to Steve, Steve DelBianco for his Association presentation. Of course Marilyn Cade, Lawrence, Hibah of Google, Patrick Jones, who was also there and gave very good presentation. Pierre Dandjinou, the ICANN Vice President for Africa was also there and did make a very nice presentation in South Africa. And GAC was also there. The (Goodman Investment Group) or chair of the (PSWG) Alice Munya (unintelligible) of AU, Africa and (unintelligible) was also there. And we had to clarify the rule of Africa and government in regard to Internet users in Africa.

And notably the president of the Institute of IT Professionals of South Africa and the Information Technology Association of South Africa and (possible local) (unintelligible) were in attendance. . So I think this would be interesting for you know that ICANN (gave us) part of our budget by \$2,000 (total budget for us was about) \$8,500.

So that is basically about Operations. Then on Finance I do have just one line, and that is to appreciate members that have responded. I think so far we have (near fifty percent payment), so 50% of our members are paid their dues. So those are (unintelligible) so please if you have an issue, just let us know that we can (work on it). So this is what I have now. I don't know if there are questions, please. Thank you, Andrew.

Andrew Mack: Great. I'm seeing some fairly active stuff in the chat. Would anybody like to get on the phone and - or get on the line and raise their hand and talk, whether it's about the event, the experience of it, or about the other aspects of the finance and operations report? Marilyn, please, go ahead. Marilyn, we're not hearing you. Are you speaking? Chantelle, I see you're typing. Can you help us get Marilyn's mic up? That would be really helpful.

Marilyn Cade: Let me try it again. Is it working now? Can you hear me?

Andrew Mack: Yes. Please, go ahead.

Marilyn Cade: I was just - I just wanted to comment, if I might please. I'm looking at the list of our attendees here. I want to acknowledge Tola and you, Andrew, but also Ola and Jimson in particular, but also Nivaldo, I think you brought your colleague to join us. We had also a colleague from Google as a speaker.

We really are an amazing team in doing outreach, and I think we need to pause for a minute and really appreciate the work that this outreach committee does. We do both outreach and membership recruitment and it's an amazing challenge. People like Ola and Tola and Lawrence and Jimson go out and speak frequently on our behalf. I do as well so I'm going to pat myself on the

back, and so does Andrew. But we need to understand that we make a difference.

And I just want to celebrate that because I think when we think about okay we've recruited X number of members, yes we have, but you know what else we've done? We have taught the world about why business cares about ICANN. I see Lawrence is on the call. I don't think Omar is the call, but I just, if I might, Chair, ask for perhaps, you know, a couple of minutes from our key team here, the people who are doing the real work, Tola and Lawrence and Jimson, Nivaldo, in our effort to reach out in Latin America. We're going to make ICANN different and the BC different if we continue to be successful in our outreach activities. Thank you.

Andrew Mack: Thank you very much, Marilyn. This is Andrew. And thank you to everybody who participated. Would anybody amongst the group that Marilyn just mentioned or anyone who attended this Jo-Burg or spoke at the Jo-Burg meeting, whether you spoke or not, would anyone like to share an impression that they have or any comments or suggestions based on that experience? If you would, now would be a great time. Mark, Nivaldo, (Arta), anyone? Please, Lawrence.

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts: Good day everybody. This is Lawrence. I'm not sure you can hear me. Hello?

Andrew Mack: We can hear you fine.

Lawrence Olawale-Roberts: Oh great. Fine. Yes so the meeting in Jo-Burg was - the outreach in Jo-Burg was a good opportunity that the BC utilized. Again, we had taken a better look at this at how it went at the outreach meeting this week, and first of all I would like to say that I definitely would need to - we need more of this

type of engagement, to help, you know, awareness and outreach for the BC. And I'm sure that like (it was reported), if you - businesses are beginning to register as members of the BC due to this particular outreach.

My follow-up takeaway from this particular event is (to definitely start early) next time we have to, you know, plan an event such as this so that we can tidy up all the logistics and have the meeting put together. And most probably another thing we might have to really work at next time is to see that we try to have this kind of outreach event at the same meeting venue that we're using to make it easier for arrangements for logistics and to get people accustomed to the journey where the event we'll be holding.

But these are things we can add in the time we have to put this together and looking at - it was well attended. We had almost everyone invited to speak the ability to do so, and so all in all I think this was a good one for the BC and I'm hoping it's something that - I hope that for the upcoming meetings, the staff is beginning to make arrangements if we're going to have outreaches. Thank you.

Andrew Mack: Great. Lawrence, thank you very much for those inputs. Anyone else like to speak or add? I see some more. Mark, go ahead please.

Mark Datysfeld: Hello? Am I hearing? Can you listen to me, Andrew?

Andrew Mack: We can hear you. Please go ahead.

Mark Datysfeld: I would like to thank all members of the BC for the warm reception. The outreach event was incredible, as well as the meetings. I could count with a lot of support from members and what I would like to say is that seeing the success of this event, Nivaldo have started to engage in several folks

alongside with Andrew and other members, Gabriela, and I want to bring these efforts to Latin America in a continuation of our efforts to try to make the BC more present in our region.

It's so underrepresented and there is a huge business sector, not only in many companies that are already present but in the BC but many relevant local players that we would very much like to see involved and that would certainly benefit our discussions. So thank you. Thank you very much everyone for the warm reception and we hope you continue contributing much more in the future. Thank you very much.

Andrew Mack: Mark, thank you. And thank you for your participation. I see three hands that are still up. Marilyn, Lawrence and Mark. I assume those are all old hands? Yes?

Marilyn Cade: Actually my hand's not old. I'm just going to say let me offer to Mark and Nivaldo, I have a lot of contacts in Latin America with NRIs and the ICP Associations. So if I could offer offline to contact Mark and Nivaldo and Gabi, perhaps we could come back with a later report about further advance in Latin America.

Andrew Mack: Great, Marilyn. Jimson, the microphone to use, please.

Jimson Olufuye: Okay. Jimson. Thank you, Andrew. Well just to note as I wrote in the room that (the venue for) ICANN59 was fully booked, so that was why we could not use it. As Lawrence also noted if we started earlier, then we would have gotten in there. So, it's best for logistics to have that event in the same place.

On another issue, with regard to ICANN60, just for your information, (because we have a little time) (in coordination of our leadership)

development I made a budget request. We were guided two travel slots for potentially those from developing countries. But the intention this time is that it possibly would be in the region of the ICANN event. So, since ICANN60 is happening in Abu Dhabi, that means the potential leader from developing countries that will participate, who we could apply the funds to, will have to come from Middle East and not Africa.

So, ICANN61 is coming up in Panama through (unintelligible); so, that means we can apply it a potential leader from Latin America and - yes, Latin America (unintelligible). So two travel supports. Then the ICANN62 will be in Spain, in Barcelona. So it applies to Europe. So that is the new clarification I just got. I just felt I should put that out as we are looking forward to getting more of capacity also in Latin America and around the world. Thank you, Andrew.

Andrew Mack: Excellent, Jimson. I'm seeing - Marilyn, is your hand still old or new?

Marilyn Cade: It's a very quick new hand. I am invited as a speaker in - at ICANN 61 at the first North American Internet governance role and I'd like to propose, if I might please, Andrew, that I collaborate with the rest of us - I'm speaking in my individual capacity but I'd like to promote the BC. So if I can please, I'd like to work with the Outreach Committee to have relevant materials for that.

Andrew Mack: I think that's great. Let me just say the following, both in my position as chair and also as lead of the outreach - or one of the leads of the outreach. I think it's very important that we've got three potential events. We've got - well we've got Panama, we've got Puerto Rico, and we've got Barcelona. We've got a lot of opportunity parts of the world where we are not hugely deep: Latin American and Spanish-speaking Europe.

And so I think we should take advantage of that. So we should be thinking in terms of getting our - making sure that we get our materials translated, getting in touch with as many people as we have. I know there are a lot of people in the BC that have contacts in Latin America, may have offices in Latin America, may have resources in Latin America, and so let's definitely be thinking on that. And I'm taking the lesson from both Jimson and Chantelle to try and get as much forward as we possibly can on these things because ICANN increasingly has tight timelines that we don't want to miss.

So it looks like a great opportunity for the BC. I'm hoping that we can replicate some of the great things that we've done in building our outreach to Africa in Latin America and what - many congratulations to everyone who is doing work on outreach and all the parts of the BC that are participating. We really do appreciate that. Great news, Nivaldo. I agree with you, Jimson.

Does anyone else have any other new business? We know - Jimson mentioned that we need volunteers to fill out the committees for credentials and finance. Is there anybody else who'd like to add a comment? Marilyn, is that a new hand or an old?

Marilyn Cade: Sorry, old.

Andrew Mack: Great. I'm not seeing anybody else and I think we're at the end of our time. We have our next meeting scheduled for the 3rd of August, I believe. And if no one else has any comments that they'd like to put in - Marilyn, go ahead, please.

Marilyn Cade: So sorry but I do have a new hand. Here's my new hand. Marilyn Cade speaking. IGF USA takes place on July the 24th in Washington, D.C. I mention it only because there's so many participants in the BC that are part of

the IGF USA steering committee, I could like pick them off. Andrew, Barbara, Chris, okay, okay, okay.

But the point is the NRIs are really, really important to advance understanding about ICANN and most of the NRIs have sessions that are relevant, directly relevant to ICANN. So thank you, Andrew, for letting me mention it. It's Monday in Washington, D.C. I'll send Chantelle the link. We have lots of remote participation available but also you've got some key speakers like Philip and Steve and others -- oh thanks, Steve, for posting this. Never mind you don't have to do it.

I think it's worthwhile understanding what the NRIs are doing that affect all of our work. And I know that many of our members are very actively involved in the NRIs in their country. Thanks for letting me do this.

Andrew Mack: Great. Thank you, Marilyn. We'll see you on Monday. Anyone else have a comment before we close up? Seeing none, I'm going to give us all back four minutes of our day and thank everyone for their participation (unintelligible) BC nominees for next year ASAP, right. We're on that. That process is underway. So great for everyone. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful end of your week and a nice weekend. Be cool, and for those of you at IGF USA, we'll see you on Monday. Cheers.

Chantelle Doerksen: Thanks everyone. Operator, you may now stop the recording. Please remember to disconnect all remaining lines and enjoy the rest of your day.

END