
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good afternoon, good evening, everyone. Welcome to LACRALO Monthly call this Monday, December 19, 2022 at 23:00 UTC.

On today's call, we have Augusto Ho, Adrian Carballo, Alberto Soto, Alejandra Bernal, Alfredo Lopez, Vanda Scartezini, Gilberto Lara, Hannah Frank, Isaura Aranda, Lilian Ivette De Luque, Lito Ibarra, Marcelo Rodriguez, Marianny Torres, Olga Cavalli, and Juan Manuel Rojas. In the English channel, we have Claire Craig and Herb Waye. We have received apologies from León Sanchez. And from the staff, we have Silvia Vivanco and myself, Claudia Ruiz, for management. Our interpreters tonight are Claudia and Marina for Spanish, Bettina for Portuguese, and Claire and Jacques for French.

Thank you very much, everyone. I will give the floor to Augusto Ho.

AUGUSTO HO: Good afternoon, good evening. We will start our one and a half hour monthly call, the last for the year. I will kindly ask you to take a look at the agenda. Why don't you get ready some nice drink so that after the end of the meeting, we will have a year-end toast as we did last year and celebrate the communion of spirits?

We have a diverse agenda today. I see I will have to take the floor several times. But I will be brief so we will have more time for other issues. I will try, as I say, to be as brief as possible to make the most of our time. So let's go to the next item. Claire, please, will you take the floor?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

CLAIRE CRAIG:

Good evening, good afternoon, good day, everyone. I will just go through the agenda items briefly. As Augusto said, we have several items. The next three items, Augusto will first present an opportunity for all of you to give your ideas on some webinar topics for the next six months from January to June. We would like to do webinars at least every two months. So Augusto will just introduce how that came about, and then we're looking to you for some ideas then.

Item number five, again, Augusto will introduce the topic of the CROP for FY23. CROP will begin again in January and we are looking to you for ideas from January to June 2023.

Item number six, ideas again from you. So we really want to hear from you there 10 minutes for each of these agenda items. We will be discussing Additional Budget Requests, the ABRs. These are items that are not funded by the normal budget. So the same way we had the LAC Digital that was funded by the ABR, we are looking for ideas like that that would not be funded by the normal budget or by CROP. You will have your opportunity to see what you think can go there. Augusto would also let you know what the deadline is for that. It's pretty tight right now.

Then we move on to give you some of what we've been discussing with respect to the General Assembly in Cancún. Basically the heads of the different subcommittees will speak to where we are so far in the planning.

Item number eight would be Any Other Business. And then as Augusto just said, we would like to have an end-of-year toast. So at some point during the program, if you don't already have your drink, you are asked to run off and get something that you can toast with. Then staff will remind us of our next meeting date in January 2023.

So, on that note, I ask is there any items that are missing? Is there anything else that anyone would like to see on the agenda that is not there? Okay. I'm not seeing any hands raised. I take it that we have the approval to move forward with this agenda. So I turn the floor back over to Augusto who will begin to speak to you about the webinar topics from January to June 2023. Thank you very much.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you, Claire, so much. Indeed, we have the topics suggested for the webinars. Let me make an introduction. Throughout the year, we agreed with Rodrigo Salcedo that the best approach would be to have a meeting every two months, and that is what we did. Everyone fulfilled their agenda and made satisfactory presentations. Now we have to define the agenda or the list for at least the next six months of 2023. So we are kindly asking for your suggestions, at least three topics of interest to everyone, so that for the next six months we are going to select the speakers. So we have six months, we should have three webinars. So let's open up the floor for the discussion of topics of interest for the region. Can anyone help me and tell me if there's a hand raised? Or you can either use the chat for that. Harold Arcos, you have raised your hand. You have the floor.

HAROLD ARCOS: Thank you, Augusto. Greetings to everyone. Just to remind, Augusto, that we have base of opinion with data from recent surveys, the two recent surveys. The most recent one, the one for the General Assembly, the ALSes contributed topics of interest for them in our respective ecosystems. So we have this database, just to remind you, the base with a list of topics of priority for the region. That's all. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you. So we already have the topics. So the task remaining is to find suitable speakers. I understand this list is of your knowledge. So let's work on finding speakers. Any other question? Any other comments? Is there any hand raised? Can you help me with that? Okay. In our next meeting in January 2023, we will have a speaker with one of the topics suggested.

Lito made a comment in the chat. I don't know, Lito, if you want to take the floor for that.

LITO IBARRA: Yes. Thank you. I had two ideas to offer. One is the Internet fragmentation. We've been talking about this in other fora. I don't know if we have discussed it here. If not, it could be offered as a potential topic. And the other one, which I don't remember either if we've already discussed, is to approach the local, the National Internet Governance poll or centers or hubs to see what we can do with them. I know other groups have work on topics related to the Internet. It's

super important for this community to be aware of that as well. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Great, Lito. Thank you. So I see we have sufficient number of topics. It would be great to have recommendations for potential speakers. Probably those of you who are suggesting topics have speakers in mind. Well, you might share those names with us. So let's move on to the next item, Claire. Which is it?

CLAIRE CRAIG: Thank you, Augusto. The next item on the agenda is CROP ideas for the CROP fund, CROP projects for FY23, which again would be from January to June 2023.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Claire. Well, a couple of introductory remarks. As you know, because of the pandemic and other issues, the CROP has been off for an extended period of time. In November, I think it was the second week of November, if I'm not mistaken, we had a meeting. Claire attended this meeting, I think, with Rodrigo Salcedo and Rodrigo de la Parra. This was a meeting to announce to us that the CROP program was active and they were formally informing it. Then they also gave to us a list of activities to be used for the CROP program in the region with a caveat that the request should be made with sufficient time because there is an internal procedure to follow. I think it was Rodrigo Salcedo who gave us a list of activities that will be taking place in the region. Some of them

already disclosed, others have restricted access, and others are still to be defined. In the chat you can see the link that is being shared with the CROP program for you to check which activities will be held in the meeting.

Juan Manuel has raised his hand. Juan Manuel, you have the floor.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS:

Thank you, Augusto. With regard to the CROP, I think we have to talk about the ratification of who will be the representatives for the CROP program. At present, Harold and myself are those people. That is something we have to decide if we will continue in those roles. This is something we should do before starting discussing any new project. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO:

Indeed. Thank you for the reminder, Juan Manuel. I was just conveying the information we received in the weeks prior to this meeting on this program. The most important news here is that it is already active. And indeed, we have to appoint the people that would be responsible for that. We would do that as soon as possible.

Is there any other hand raised? I cannot see the whole list. If not, I will continue with the next item. Okay. Thank you. So I move on with item— Claire, you have the floor.

CLAIRE CRAIG: I'm trying to understand what it is Juan Manuel said about him and Howard being the representatives for the CROP. I didn't hear anything about representatives when we had the conversation with the GSE. What does that mean that they are representatives? Can anyone explain that to me, please? Because he said we need to deal with that before we are able to move forward on discussing the projects for CROP.

AUGUSTO HO: Harold has raised his hand probably to explain. You have the floor, Harold.

HAROLD ARCOS: Thank you, Augusto. Yes, that's right. Well, Juan, you can add to what I'm going to say. But let's see. Our role is basically to check that the proposals that are submitted for consideration to the CROP program comply with the prerequisites in terms of a substance and form. That is basically our role. Juan has more available time and he's been working on the coordination, how to fill in the forms, and then contact the CROP liaison for the process to move forward. These are roles of not of representation but of process verification, and this is very much associated with Latin American and Caribbean participation in Outreach and Engagement. That is where the projects are submitted, the projects to be done throughout a period. That's basically it, Claire. These are the roles, the verification of the project that the form is completely filled in. And also check that the CROP fund projects that require support, for example.

Historically, when the South Governance School is held, the leaders of the region traveled to that. For example, Alberto and others have gone there. But also events of participation, debate that originated in LACRALO itself. These are the main categories and the tasks for Manuel and myself have performed. I hope it's clear to you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Harold. Claire, you still have your hand raised. Is it an old hand from the previous question?

CLAIRE CRAIG: No, it isn't. From my understanding, CROP had been more or less disbanded for a while or stopped for a short while. So I don't know what period Howard and Juan were representatives. Do we want them to continue to be representatives? I don't know. I'm just asking these questions because maybe they were representatives for a particular time. Because in talking to the GSE, it sounded to me as if we will be working directly with the GSE once we come up with these ideas. So I am still a little confused in terms of how these representatives were selected. Do we continue to select them going forward? I have no issue with them being our representatives. I just want to make sure that we are following proper procedures for everything that we do. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Claire. Well, I don't know. Perhaps Juan Manuel, who's around, wants to make a clarification of this, because the same is in the list. Because when I started, my understanding is that everything was

deactivated because we were in pandemic. Juan Manuel, can you please explain?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: [The name], as it was said by Harold, is a program coordinator who is the one who actually checks and verifies those who will travel, why they will travel, and all requirements are met regarding the strategic plan. It's something related to procedure. So I have no problem and continue cooperating in that area. We have to approve and check dates, that the criteria are met in terms of CROP, and that there is [inaudible] so as to achieve our purpose, and then to have a subsequent evaluation, I would say. I'm speaking on behalf of Harold as well. Those of us making [inaudible] within the coordinators at CROP. It was to help in anything you may need. So it's not to appoint new CROP coordinators, so as to be able to move forward. Thank you very much.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Juan Manuel. I've tried to be objective in this respect. So is there any objection so that Juan Manuel and Harold can continue representing at CROP? Lilian, I see your hand up. Go ahead, please. Can you hear me?

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: I understood perfectly well what Claire was asking. During the pandemic, the CROP was non-active or inactive. But before the pandemic, this was something that was certainly working. Juan Manuel and Harold, both of them have been there for a long time. So I agree

that both of them may continue being the coordinators because now we're dealing with lots of things so as to learn some other things. They have experience in this respect so that there will be no newcomer. So, for the sake of practicality, I agree that they continue being coordinators.

AUGUSTO HO: Okay. Thank you, Lilian. Any other comments? Any other question? Alberto Soto, go ahead, please.

ALBERTO SOTO: I agree with Lilian. That's it.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Alberto. I don't see any other hand up. I understand that silence means approval of all those of you in the call. So Juan Manuel and Harold will continue dealing with CROP. If that is so, we are doing to ratify them in those positions. So they will review and check the requirements and all formalities so as to approve the use of this program. I am aware of the will of most of you. So, to put it on record, we are going to ratify Harold Arcos and Juan Manuel. Alberto, is this a new hand?

ALBERTO SOTO: It's a new hand. For those who will be in charge of CROP, please check if from the three slots granted to the RALOs, I think that one was

mandatory for an ICANN meeting, if I'm not mistaken, because this is taking an opportunity away from us so as to have three travel slots.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Alberto. In my humble opinion, as far as I understood and please correct me if I'm wrong, this has nothing to do with the general ICANN meetings. These are for events held in the region, but I think that the topics should be related to our interests, first of all, and secondly, we have to be there so as to let ICANN be known, so as to onboard other organizations. They learn about our work and they may join us.

ALBERTO SOTO: This is a new hand. One that says—I'm reading—some of the meetings have to be a meeting of ICANN. So it stresses that the travels have to be made for networking or new contacts or lost contacts that an ICANN meeting certainly will take one slot away from us. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Alberto. I see Betty Fausta. Go ahead, please.

BETTY FAUSTA: I want to be sure that for certain work groups, we need to be informed as much as possible about the participants regarding the Caribbean as well. Because in the Caribbean, we have so many islands that sometimes it's very difficult to travel to some meetings, it's quite complex area in the Caribbean. So when we have a LACRALO, please do not forget about the Caribbean area. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Betty. Of course, we'll take that into account. So, we have ratified now that Harold and Juan Manuel will be the coordinators. And so they will have to check and review everything, taking into account your feedback. Any other comments or any other questions in this regard? Otherwise, we'll jump to the next topic. Okay. Betty, is this a new hand?

BETTY FAUSTA: Oh, sorry. No, this is an old hand. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Okay. So, we will move to our next topic in the agenda. We are doing okay. Topic six is ideas for FY24 Additional Budget Requests and timelines.

So first of all, I would like to tell you that in this respect, some people have been appointed to that. Well, I will explain first. Let's remember that ICANN budget is divided.

INTERPRETER: The interpreters apologize. But we're not receiving a good audio from Augusto Ho.

AUGUSTO HO: So if any Additional Budget Request is needed, we need to start in January and then to go to June 2024. You remember that they have a

different timeframe for the fiscal year. So you have to think that these ABRs will be for the second half of next year and the first half of 2024. I think that Laura Margolis and Claire have been appointed. I don't know if you would like to say something, or anybody else. Is Laura Margolis here? Please go ahead, Claire.

CLAIRE CRAIG:

I don't see Laura on the call. My understanding—I don't have it in front of me—but we do have to submit something by the 23rd of December to our ICANN liaison so that they can go through it and advise whether any changes are required before it is submitted. Then after it is reviewed—I don't know, Silvia or staff, are you ... Right. Here are the dates, great. So the call actually opened in the 17th of October. There was an information webinar on the 8th of December, which I attended. The submission closes on the 30th of January. However, it is advised that by the 23rd of December, we should submit something to our ICANN liaison so that they can look at it and help us to refine it before we actually submit it finally on the 30th of January.

Once it's submitted, then it gets assessed. The Finance Review gives a review of it on the 9th of May. Then I think we would know whether our submission was accepted. As you said, that is for FY24. So it is not for this period but it's for the following period. I see Silvia has her hand up so she can provide some more details on that. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

May I take the floor? Can you hear me?

AUGUSTO HO: Yes, Silvia. Yeah, we hear you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I would like to point out that what you see on screen is the ICANN Finance screen. But you know that there is a prior procedure, the At-Large procedure, the FBSC, the Financial and Budget Subcommittee. So they do an At-Large review before the application or the request is sent to ICANN Finance. Claudia, can you please put on screen the At-Large Fiscal Year '24, the one corresponding to ABR? Because there you have the timeline so you see the deadline. Because each RALO has to submit before December 23 noon, this Friday, you send to At-Large staff the ABRs. Then between January 3 and 30, the At-Large FBSC will do an internal review. Then before January 9 and January 13, there will be a review of this request and there is a discussion at At-Large about all these proposals. Afterwards, the FBSC will send these reviews to ALAC. And then everything is sent so as to meet the deadline between January 23 and 24. There will be an ALAC call with all these ABRs. After January 24, this request will be sent to ICANN's Finance Committee. So there's a prior procedure within At-Large.

I'm going to type or to put on screen the page, because this is a procedure that has been going on for many years. Claudia has put it on screen. Thank you very much, Claudia. Can you please share the link so that these projects will be in line with the At-Large objectives? I wanted to say this. Thank you very much for listening.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Silvia. I'm going to say something. This proposal is presented by the leaders. But in this case, I don't want to make any commitment on behalf of her because she will be willing to have Sergio Salinas that sent an apology for today's meeting, but I'm going to ask Harold to help her in that respect, this one result today, but we have until Friday this week. So I'm going to ask Harold, please, to give a hand so as to be objective. Alberto Soto, your hand is up. Go ahead.

ALBERTO SOTO: As far as I understand, we have to submit these topics to the RALOs so that the ALSes may have a say, and afterwards, once consensus is reached within LACRALO, we send all these requests afterwards. Otherwise, the ALSes know nothing about this. Thank you very much.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Alberto. Harold, are you here? Can you please answer that question? Then, Claire, you will have the floor. Harold, are you around?

HAROLD ARCOS: Yes. Thank you, Augusto. Yes. We have to remember that the basis regarding the several proposals for activities is what each ALS has been treated in the survey. For example, when we talk about LAC Digital, many of the topics of interest to the region are now merged there, where we see the greetings from Vint Cerf speaking about multistakeholder, and we also spoke about Universal Acceptance. So, that collected efforts is the one we try to use for the next six months. So

activities where these activities should not only be representative, our leaders should go to the Southern School, talk about like LACRALO, regional users, but also about our events so that all ALSes may contribute or share. Of course, this should be published in a regional working list so that we may know about the potential that we may have. At the same time, we should receive more ideas, more initiatives of ALSes considering the next period of events and activities. Augusto, you have the floor.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you very much, Harold, for your clarification. But really, I'm concerned about the timeline. Please bear this in mind because a man of law, we know that we have to respect the deadlines. So we should not go beyond those deadlines. So, Harold, I will ask you to please bear this in mind so as to be as objective as possible.

Now I see in the list Claire and then Alberto. Claire, you go first.

CLAIRE CRAIG:

Thank you, Augusto. I just wanted to respond to Alberto in that while this should have gone to the ALSes for them to review and provide feedback, this process started since the end of October. And it is during that time we should have probably consulted with the ALSes. So right now, we really have to send our proposals forward by the 23rd of December. I don't know that there is much time to go to the ALSes with proposals between now and Friday. So I think Howard has quite a task on his hands to get that organized to send forward. But at the end of the day, if we are going to pursue anything for ABR from that timeline

that was just put up there, it is the 23rd of December, that's my understanding. I'm sure staff could correct me if I am wrong.

ALBERTO SOTO:

I understand that the consultations to the ALSes, the LACRALO should have started in October. So once you have to check the ALSes because otherwise it's just the leaders and the ALSes are not aware. I didn't know what they presented before December 23.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you very much both of you. So we received an e-mail over a month ago speaking about ABRs and the deadline would be in December. So certainly, I remember that I received a mail regarding this topic a month and a half ago. I know that perhaps is a short time from here to Friday. But we are confident in the professionalism and the knowledge that Harold has in this respect. Any other comments? Alberto, your hand is up.

ALBERTO SOTO:

I have a suggestion. This is the program to be observed. When I was chair of LACRALO, I complained to Finance in one of ICANN's meetings and I said, "I do understand you have a specific term that you defined and we do not have the experience you have. Times are so tight. And sometimes we do things wrong, not because we do not want to do them. It's because we do not have time." So my suggestion is that we should start working ahead of time because this process is every year

the same. The ABRs should be ready to be checked on afterwards to have more time. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you, Alberto. Anyone else before we move on for the next item? I see no more hands raised. So we go to item seven, ICANN General Assembly in Cancún. The introduction will be done by Claire. So please, Claire, would you please do the introduction and overview?

CLAIRE CRAIG:

Thank you, Augusto. I'd be pretty short because I know we have a tight schedule to keep to. The subcommittees have been meeting to discuss the General Assembly, and we've gone through a number of rules. I will allow Carlos Aguirre to speak to that if he's at the meeting today. And then we will hear from Howard who will speak to us about some of the ideas for the program. Then we will hear from Lilian who will talk to us about how we plan to promote it. And we will also hear from Alberto who will speak to us on the social events.

Now, this is not yet finished, it is still a work in progress. So you will still have an opportunity to give your ideas. But we felt that we have been working every week we have met to discuss these items, and we have come quite a long way. I think pretty soon staff will be sending out the invitations to the ALSes and the individuals who have been selected to attend the General Assembly. By January, we should have a more firm program as to what is taking place.

So without further ado, I will turn the floor over to Carlos Aguirre who will speak briefly about the rules that we have accepted moving forward for this General Assembly. Carlos?

CARLOS AGUIRRE:

Thank you, Claire. I will use my three minutes and I will not go past them. To put it simply, we have to comply with our rules of procedure, chapter 3 rules 11 and 15. So if you want to, you can go and read them. There is nothing too much complicated there. The dates have been circulated by the staff through e-mail. Those submitted for consultation have been resolved. The dates are defined. As Claire said, very soon the staff will be contacting the ALSes for the next steps. There isn't much more to say on this. Just comply with the rules of procedure.

The candidates for the General Assembly authority positions have the only requirements of being the main delegate in recognized ALSes in the assembly. Their functions are also defined in the rules of procedures. So just take a look at them. You will find in the rules of procedure all the information needed to complete this process before our General Assembly. That's basically all unless you have any questions.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you, Carlos. I see no hands raised for questions to Carlos. So let's go back to the agenda. So after Carlos, I'll give the floor to Vanda from the Program Subcommittee. Vanda, you have the floor.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

I think Harold is also here. But basically, let me say that we've made significant progress. We have completed the program as a whole, and the remaining tasks are to send invitations. Just to check if people can be with us in the various programs launched. Once they confirm, we will ask Augusto to send a more formal invitation. So things like that.

What we are doing now is we are contacting our acquaintances, our friends, to check if they are available to be with us in the slots we had identified. We have to be flexible. We will be making adjustments. But we're basically done with this. Nevertheless, I will give the floor to Harold who perhaps has already to show on screen some information. Is it possible, Harold?

HAROLD ARCOS:

Hi, Vanda. This is the schedule. Thank you to the staff. Just to confirm what Vanda said, the slots have been organized. There is well set schedule. So, if anyone cannot be attending any roundtable, any working group, probably someone else will be able to, or that person can attend other day slots. The priority was given to the ALAC sessions. We will have a chance to make questions to ICANN Board on topics of interest for the ALSes. That is one of the meetings of importance. And then another one is the geopolitics session, very much in tune with what Lito was saying. So this is a session we are inviting everyone to attend.

Alberto, the Social Events Subcommittee is working with us on this. We are doing some coordination here. So as Vanda was saying, we are in the stage of confirmation and the final details of the agenda.

Always the motto of reconnecting with ICANN, reconnecting with our terms, with our way of participating, revolutionize committing ourselves as ALS for next year, and promoting the inclusion of new participants, and repromoting our participation as well. That is all. Thank you, Augusto.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Augusto, if I may?

AUGUSTO HO: Go ahead, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Just to say that tomorrow the content group will have another meeting to check on progress to see who has replied, if any invitation has been confirmed. So we are having our internal discussions. Once we have everything confirmed, we will share with the group. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you both, Harold and Vanda. I will take this opportunity now to thank you and to commend your work, the work of this committee, because you have worked very hard. Proof is on the screen. We see a very well-organized the schedule on this date. I'm sure that it will be completely ready in the next few weeks. It is very important to have a well-defined schedule, and I wanted to thank you for that. Let's go back to the agenda, please.

So, after this subcommittee, we'll go to the Promotion Subcommittee with Lilian. You have the floor, Lilian.

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE:

Thank you, Augusto. The Promotion Subcommittee has also had a very important meeting with the social media liaison, with the Regional Communications Office, and with staff. Harold was going to be with our committee, but unfortunately, he was not able to do that. The plan is done.

I have to do some adjustments of new activities. And now we have to start working on the plan of execution of deliverables. It will start in January, something of importance in addition to the video that we will do for the promotion of the assembly in the four languages of the region. It is just one video with the same content in four languages. So in a single video, we will have messages in four languages. We've also agreed to that with Rodrigo de la Parra, they have their communication plan in real that they will be preparing for ICANN76. And for our meeting in Cancún, there will also be a little cart, they are inviting to the assembly.

The importance of newsletters is also relevant. We should be having a newsletter before the meeting with the logistics information, information on activities, on sessions, another one during the assembly and a later one with the outcomes. Something simple, clear, straightforward, informational for a better understanding by the region. Again, how important it is to use all the social media channels. I think Harold is confirming that the keys and passwords are all ready. In our

first meeting in January, the only remaining task is to submit the execution plan for consideration and just kick off. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you, Lilian. A comment. I think at some point in time, there was a plan to be submitted in four languages, right? Please let me know if that is the case. I move a lot around the country and sometimes I'm not available, I might have missed some information. Can you please explain?

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE:

Yes, of course, Augusto. It will be a couple of very short phases. I will be sending them to you with the specifications on how you have to record the video. Something very simple, but I will be accompanying you in this recording process. Always trying to find an interest in a cool location, I will be attentive. I will give you everything ready with specification, what you have to say. The only thing you will have to do is to record.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you so much. Well, that said, Lilian, thank you. Because you are the expert in communications and we are the newbies so we need guidance on that. Okay. If there's nothing else to say on this, we'll move on social events. Is Alberto Soto with us?

ALBERTO SOTO:

I'm still here.

AUGUSTO HO: So go ahead.

ALBERTO SOTO: I hope I will be doing it very quickly because it's my third glass of an excellent wine and it's running out. So we've already identified and decided on the dance crew. I have just been informed the cost of the van of the vehicle that will be bringing them with their instruments. It's \$350. Silvia, for you take note, it's \$850, \$500 for the group and \$350 for the vehicle. I'm not sure whether the vehicle provided is one of ICANN's registered vendors. If you want, perhaps I can make this arrangement that the payment will be a single payment of \$850 to the band when they arrange with the vehicle.

With respect to time, my suggestion is that Monday starts with the dance group. In the past event, they may discuss teaching some choreo, and perhaps they can do that again with local folklore at least to have some fun.

Silvia said that there will be 10 presents to give away. I'm not sure what they are. There will be a draw. As people enter the room, they will be getting a number. There will be a couple of games to play. One of them will be—

SILVIA VIVANCO: We're not hearing Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: Can you hear?

CARLOS AGUIRRE: We can hear you. Alberto, continue.

ALBERTO SOTO: So the game, a group of six. Someone will be conducting the group and we say, for example, "I am Alberto Soto. I'm from Argentina. I represent LACRALO, and I brought a notebook." Then the person beside him will repeat what I said and he will say his own speech, and then subsequently. So the game goes like this. Someone will point to a person and the others will have to say who he is and who he represents. The reward or punishment will be to drink a glass of whatever beverage that is.

Before January 15, they will have to record a local song sung by themselves by them, and if we do have the equipment, we'll we have a short karaoke with those present. That's it, basically.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Alberto. Again, my congratulations for those of you who have been working so hard. I see there is a lot of interest for this subcommittee. We congratulate you for this work. Olga is suggesting a karaoke in the chat with Argentina's World Cup song. Alberto has taken note of that.

Let's move on with the next, item eight. This is the chance you have to submit any other topic of your interest. You can raise your hand. You can take the floor. Juan Manuel, you have raised your hand.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Can you confirm you hear me? I have a question. A few days ago, NPOC submitted a request to hold a joint meeting with LACRALO. I wanted to know how it goes because the people from NPOC have asked me whether this is going to be taking place or not, just a follow up.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Juan Manuel. Can anyone give me some information on this? I'm not aware of anything new. Can anyone help me? Lilian, you have the floor.

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: Thank you very much. The meeting that the NPOC leaders are asking for is very interesting because certainly these organizations are similar to LACRALO. I've attended some meetings and perhaps maybe some good feedback. I guess that that meeting may be held not within the GA, because certainly our schedule is very tight, but perhaps within ICANN. If I must say that we may set the place, date, and time, I think that the leaders may need—I don't know. Some of us may get in touch so as to give an idea about the date. I think it will be on Saturday or Sunday because I think the ICANN schedule is not so busy. So we may find some place there and meet with NPOC. Juan, can you give more details, please? I don't know, Augusto, if you agree with this, so that we may

have the meeting outside the GA and between Saturday and Sunday. Because I think we will not be too busy regarding ICANN76. Juan, can you add more detail?

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Thank you very much, Lilian. Yes, as a matter of fact, the idea—I mean, historically at ICANN, there have been joint meetings among the constituencies and among the SOs, so this has happened before. They're doing NCSG, for instance, and ALAC, but of course, with many more people and all that. Sometimes it's between NCSG Constituency, NCUC, NPOC, and ALAC. You know that ALAC also met with the Board, the GAC, etc.

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: So the idea is to have that not within the GA but outside it, within the framework of ICANN76.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Yes. The idea is to do it not during the General Assembly but during the ICANN meeting. We have to think about the date, perhaps maybe Saturday or Sunday. The idea is that we will be in our region, in the Latin American region. So it will be great if we can do something interesting. We may perhaps think about using an ALAC room because there is interpretation there. NPOC and the GNSO meet in English. So the idea is to use some of the rooms with interpretation booth so that we may have interpretation as well. So that would be the idea, to have a joint meeting. Perhaps it's difficult to just do it at the larger scale. This is why

we're talking about NPOC because it's the constituency that works with not-for-profit organizations and LACRALO. That's the idea. I think I spoke too much. I hope it's clear that, of course, we may keep on talking about this so as to listen to everyone's opinion. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Juan Manuel. Before giving the floor to those that has their hand up, Juan Manuel and Lilian, please update me. Because I know that we have two events of the same day so the schedule is very busy because we have the GM, ICANN76. So please, those of you, keep me updated. And if time allows, we will meet. I think that the order is Claire, Alberto, and Lilian. Is that right?

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: Yes.

AUGUSTO HO: Claire, you have the floor. Go ahead, please.

CLAIRE CRAIG: Thank you, Augusto. I would just like to have a better understanding of the reasoning behind the meeting with LACRALO and NPOC. Not that I'm against it or anything, but in order to properly identify when this meeting should be, I think it will be good for us to decide what is the value of the meeting, what are some of the things that we would want to discuss at that meeting. So maybe if NPOC could draft something stating this is how they see the meeting going, how much time they

would need. Because I suspect that we would probably need interpretation. And if so, then it may be something that we may want to have during the GA so that it can be properly scheduled. I am hearing things about Saturday and Sunday and that kind of thing, but I'm not sure. I think anything that we are doing, we need to recognize that there are people who are non-English speaking and so there may be a need for interpretation. If not, then I guess it could be an informal meeting on the weekend. But other than that, we need to ensure that staff is aware and that they could have to facilitate whatever is needed. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO:

Thank you very much, Claire. Alberto and Lillian, you have the floor in that order.

ALBERTO SOTO:

Based on my experience, I would like to say that those of us attended only the GA because those of you that were speaking will be there the whole week. I don't know whether you have something to do on Sunday during the day. Otherwise, you will be arriving on Saturday. But those of us going to the GA, we have our first event on Sunday evening. So I think the travel support will send tickets for arriving Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon, not on Saturday. So I don't think we should consider those days. But until we don't have the flight tickets, we will not know when we will be coming.

AUGUSTO HO: Okay, Lillian? Situations are coming up.

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: With respect to what Claire mentioned, well, more or less she read my mind. Because there are two options, we do a very formal or an informal meeting, the meeting between NPOC and LACRALO. There will be lots of savings. Savings of requirements, I mean. But it's good, Juan Manuel, that NPOC may tell us because you are requesting the meeting. So you should give us an idea of the agenda, the topics to be discussed. Claire just said what I was going to say, there should be some purpose, the topics to be discussed, why the meeting is requested. And if it is formal, it should be within the general schedule. If it is an informal meeting, it's more manageable on our side. Just between NPOC and LACRALO, we won't need many things or the requirements will be less. So we should know about the purpose, the topics to be discussed, and then define whether it will be informal or formal, and then we will define the date. I suggest it's Saturday or Sunday because most of us or the majority of us will have less to do during the weekend. But what Alberto is saying is true. You cannot request travel support to give your flight tickets before that date and to pay for our own accommodation.

Augusto has been democratic so the majority should speak. We may send an e-mail in the mailing list and say, "Well, NPOC is requesting a meeting for this and that." And then we will define it over the mailing list that it may be an important meeting, it may be beneficial for the future for both groups. Juan Manuel, I see your hand up. Perhaps you may add something to that. Thank you very much, Augusto.

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS: Augusto, I will take the floor to reply. First of all, the e-mail was sent by the Membership chair of NPOC. It's an African guy, Caleb. I don't know the exact pronunciation. His name is Caleb. I think that the e-mail was sent to Augusto and Claire asking for the meeting. I was copied there because of course it was sent to the EC of NPOC. The idea was to deal between NPOC and LACRALO, both of us together, the agenda to be discussed, the topics to be discussed. So I think that, first of all, we should discuss about the similarities between NPOC and LACRALO. This is something on top of my mind right now, speaking to you. I think that they are asking for a meeting within ICANN. Perhaps no interpretation is needed. But the meeting may be recorded as it happens with NextGen, Fellows, and some other spaces within ICANN.

Anyway, I will speak with Caleb because he's the lead in all this so as to gather information. The leaders will be the LACRALO's Board and the NPOC's EC. We may arrange for the meeting and decide whether it will be formal or informal. This is it. Thank you very much.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Juan Manuel, for clarification. Can you please resend this e-mail? Because I realized that some of the mails were—let's say that I'm not receiving them in my inbox but in the spam box. So this is why perhaps I did not read it. So please resend it. Alberto Soto, now you have the floor. We are about to conclude the meeting.

ALBERTO SOTO: Very brief. Based on what Lillian said, unfortunately, you know my opinion and you know that LACRALO has been discriminated by ICANN, giving us these two GA days within the ICANN meeting. So since I'm a voluntary, I will not pay a single cent to extend my stay for the ICANN meeting or for any other meeting. Unfortunately, this is what I think. Thank you.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you, Alberto. Well, there are many reasons for which we may say that certainly they have these two events at the same time is certainly not a good idea. The best would have been to have the GA on a separate occasion. But we would have to decide whether we're going to be in one meeting or in another. This is why our GA will be open in February, as we have already explained, because of this overlapping of activities, because there's two types of events but on the same day.

Anything else? Because otherwise, I can see we have a few minutes left. Next topic. Okay. Let's go to item nine. I know many of you have been waiting for this. Please turn your cameras on so that we may go to item nine. I will change the two last topics in the agenda. So please, will the staff tell us about the date of next meeting so we'll still leave the toast for the very end?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you very much, Augusto. Our next LACRALO monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 17th, because January 16th is a holiday for the U.S. staff. It will be on Tuesday, January 17th at 23:00 UTC.

AUGUSTO HO: Great. So we will receive an e-mail and we are going to start a new cycle in 2023. But it's great to know when our next meeting will be. We are going to be closer to our Cancún meeting.

Now, let's move to the last item on the agenda. I asked Claire to include this on the agenda. It's just a few minutes to think over what we've done in LACRALO. This has not been a good year but certainly we know that we were able to work, to move forward, to make progress, to meet face to face again. And many things have been solved and some other topics have been discussed. Vanda is asking permission for turning her camera on. I think there's no problem.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I'm receiving the message that the host is not allowing me to turn my camera on.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Claudia, can you please help us with this?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I think that since my connection wasn't stable because here, just enable to sound the video. The host has stopped it.

AUGUSTO HO: Please, can we enable Vanda? Alfredo Lopez is asking for the floor for proposals. Alfredo, please be brief.

ALFREDO LOPEZ: Good evening. Greetings to everyone in Latin America and the Caribbean. This is an invitation for the first Tuesday in February. In Colombia, there has been an international event related to the Internet Day. So I'm inviting all of you. I'm inviting LACRALO to be the co-host. We organized this event with some universities and also with the Council of Bogota.

AUGUSTO HO: Thank you very much, Alfredo. Would you please send a formal invitation so that we may appoint a person for that?

Now, please, turn all of our cameras on so as to make a toast. This is our last meeting for the year. As it was mentioned, during this year, we went back to meeting face to face, we are going to have two events in a single week in March and we have to go with it as a region. Certainly, I think that all of you have been working significantly towards that end. So please raise your glass, tea, mate, wine, whatever, it should not be liquor, and please, let's make a toast for what we've done, the result we have, and for the learnings we have at the family level, at professional level, and for a good 2023. So, ladies and gentlemen, cheers to all of you and happy holidays.

INTERPRETER: Everyone is saying, "Cheers, merry Christmas and a happy new year."

AUGUSTO HO: Harold, do you have a glass of milk in your hand?

HAROLD ARCOS: No, no. It is a white [inaudible].

SILVIA VIVANCO: Enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas to all of you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]