

---

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello, everyone. We already have with us Rodrigo De La Parra, Heidi Ullrich, Sergio, Carlos Aguirre, Antonio, Laura. So we are ready to start. Michelle will be managing this call. So if you are so kind, Michelle, please start the recording and call management.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Thank you, Silvia. And thank you, everyone. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. And welcome to the FY22 Project LAC Digital Discussion Call on Tuesday the 28<sup>th</sup> of March 2022.

On today's call, on the English channel, we do have Claire Craig. On the Spanish channel, we do have Harold Arcos, Sergio Salinas Porto, Adrian Carballo, Carlos Dionisio Aguirre, Lilian Ivette De Luque, Antonio Medina Gómez, Laura Margolis, Vanda Scartezini. We have received apologies from Augusto Ho.

From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Rodrigo De La Parra, and myself, Michelle DeSmyter, on call management. Our Spanish interpreters are Paula and Marina.

A friendly reminder to please state your name before speaking and to please speak slowly and clearly for our interpreters.

With this, I will turn the meeting over to Sergio Salinas Porto. Please begin, Sergio.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay. Thank you, all. And welcome to this new meeting. We had some homework to do for today. We are going to explain why we have not done it. I think we should start discussing. Harold has sent a proposal. On the other hand ...

Is it possible that I am hearing the translation, the interpreter?

SILVIA VIVANCO: We are trying to find the issue with our interpreters, to let them know that their English feed is mixed into the Spanish. If you are so kind to give us a minute. I'm checking with the interpreters. I hope you can hear me okay.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Let's wait for a second. Now there is no English feed now.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Testing. I hope you can hear me okay in English. I am being told that I am properly heard in English and vice versa. So let's move on. Let's hope it works.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We've made some progress in communications. There is a tweet already posted. It is already in the ICANN calendar. We're going to see some progress here, probably. There [will be] a short report on this. But I'd really like to start discussing with you a couple of needs we have, things we have to repair.

---

First, we had an issue on how we were going to get in touch with the ALSes. There is this problem, this issue due to personal data privacy and care. Because of this issue, they were not able to give us a list of all of the ALSes and their contact details, the phone numbers of the individuals engaged in the region.

And this is a reason of alert because one of the things we will have to do with the chair and the secretary is to work on metrics with the list. So we will have to work this out somehow. Otherwise, it will be difficult to complete our job.

On the other hand—and this is something that we have to discuss—we must reach a definition for the three panels. Harold made another proposal for the panels. I'm going to read out the names he sent, if I may. It's very brief and very concise, so it will help us understand what Harold is proposal. If I find it, his e-mail.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

I think, Sergio, it was great. A very good idea that might be of interest to several ALSes.

HAROLD ARCOS:

Sorry, I'm attending another meeting. I apologize. What I sent is a description of a small section. As we have several speakers, [it would] be great to add this line of discussion. That would be very relevant for the Latin American users/consumers.

One of these groups of experts on this topic can make a contribution on very practical tips on how to browse the Internet for parents to have

---

some [inaudible] control of the digital environment. And from the [inaudible] perspective, all the rights that can be projected in terms of applications or things they should do [when they] websites; also, conversations and practices with their partners—very practical things. Some are very much related to the life of Latin American users. I think this is very relevant.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Harold, do you have a few minutes for us to make a question to you? Or do you have to leave right now?

HAROLD ARCOS: I will continue listening to your discussion, but I wouldn't be able to take questions.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay. I will present it, but later ... We might have a talk tomorrow. Well, I am concerned about the time.

HAROLD ARCOS: Well, individuals are interested, but ...

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, I'm not too concerned about the speakers, but about the times. We will have sessions of one and a half or two hours at the most for our sessions. So we will have three meetings with 4-6 hours with governments and civil society.

---

The cybersecure section is very interesting. We should go deep into that. But it could be like an addendum and like an annex to LAC Digital, to the digital LAC. And make a special section on security and cybersecurity with gender perspective and also with a parents' and children's perspective.

So how much time could we give if we include this here? A few minutes? A couple of hours? And they're experts. But if you're not able to take this discussion now, no problem. We can continue tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

And we? We might talk about it now because we face this challenge of reach the number of attendees, the number of speakers, a certain number from government, a certain number from civil society, actually. Civil society, we already have it. That's LACRALO [inaudible]. The question will be government. Mostly if we think about the GAC.

So Silvia, the first question I'd like to ask you ... Rob will not be with us today. Is there any chance to organize a meeting? A one-to-one at least to see if we can get meetings organized with the governments of this continent?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. If you would like to write some questions down first for Rob, he will be available for any meeting. He had a conflict in his calendar today, but it was the same thing with Augusto. Apparently, Tuesday is not a good day. So we are going to ask the staff to set up a Doodle for a recurrent call.

---

And I also want you to know that there is a GAC website where the representatives of each country. I'm going to share it with you. This is public information that Rob forwarded to me. I'm going to post it in the chat.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I think we need to tie the users and the government somehow, and we really need Rob to do this. We actually need him to fulfill a minor role. It's very important for us.

Once we have defined the users or civil society organizations that are going to attend [and in the end understand] that at the most there will be three or four countries per session—and this is the 9-12 maximum, the total number of countries that will be participating—we have to have the counterpart for the LACRALO representative countries. It could be GAC representatives or someone from the government.

In my case, we have an interaction with the national communications regulator. But, I don't know. It could be that in Colombia, that is not the case. I'm just saying a name. Colombia might say, "Well, I do not have a direct contact with the national government, so it would be best to go for the GAC or someone from the GAC to lay a bridge to reach out."

So this is what we need from Rob so that GAC representatives are aware of what we need. We need him to perform this role of this liaison. Is that understood, Silvia? Is that clear?

---

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes, it is. Certainly, it is. I have posted on the chat a list of the GAC website where the representatives of the countries are listed. You might already know some of them. There are very many from the region, so perhaps you could have like this [inaudible] identification of who are the most suitable [people].

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Now, the three main topics. One of the things we have to discuss now is whether it is convenient to include and lower the [inaudible] for Harold's proposal or actually go up and hold something specific on cybersecurity. It could be May, June.

This is my first question. Should we include this proposal in this cocktail of three main topics with 9-12 countries participating? Or should we keep it out and set up a special event for cybersecurity? I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Sergio, can I speak?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Go ahead.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: I think cybersecurity is a super topic, a [hyper] topic, a giant topic that deserves a special section. I think that including it with the topics we are already considering would be to [inaudible] something that is very

---

important. It would be great if this is done independently, autonomously as it deserves.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay, I take it. And I see Laura and Vanda. And if there is someone else, please let me know because I might be skipping someone. Laura, you have the floor.

LAURA MARGOLIS: Good evening. Well, yes, I agree with Carlos. Cybersecurity, in my opinion, is something that deserves a whole, independent session. I don't know if it should be combined with these topics. I would continue with what we have already and organize another event with more time on cybersecurity which I think is very up to date. Everybody will be interested. Thank you.

I will give you back the floor so that you give it to Vanda.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Laura. Go ahead, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Well, I agree that it should go separate, and [inaudible] make a proposal to do something with the DNS abuse group because here we're talking about family. We're talking about women. We could do something later on, perhaps in June. We could set up like a call of attention to the families. Right?



---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: That's a good idea, Vanda. After May 17<sup>th</sup> I think that NARALO, for instance, is organizing different events. And I think EURALO is also doing that. I'm going to put forward that idea to our chair and also to Claire who is here. But it would be a good idea for us to consider a calendar of activities. And not just to have a discussion and talk with ordinary users, but rather to also talk to other organizations that may want to join us and are not part of LACRALO today.

So perhaps this is a trigger presented by Harold. And I can also be a trigger for the future, perhaps to have three or four events every year, one every three months, without conflicting with ICANN meetings so that we can have activities on those topics and we can have all organizations working together.

Laura, is your hand raised because it is an old hand or a new hand?

LAURA MARGOLIS: It is a new hand. I think that Vanda's idea is very good, and I think that we will have to discuss it in the next meeting of LACRALO. And I feel a little bit nervous because we don't have much time and we cannot make much progress. I don't know. Perhaps that is just my idea.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: It's just a sensation. We have made some progress on certain fronts. Silvia, go ahead.

---

SILVIA VIVANCO:

As far as the topics are concerned, we have the topics and perhaps we need to have a clearly-defined concept and put some flesh under this heading. So what do we mean by “Internet as an essential public service and the global public interest”?

Perhaps we can add a paragraph trying to focus more on that topic because that could also be clearer for potential speakers when we contact them. We can tell them, “Well, now you need to give a presentation around this topic.”

So perhaps we can put in more content below each heading, trying to have a clearly-defined concept. I think that could make sense because, otherwise, they can just divert from that topic. Because when we talk about Internet infrastructure, it involves physical infrastructure, ISPs, telecom, carriers. So perhaps we can narrow down the focus a little bit.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you, Silvia. Yes, that’s a very good point. I think that tomorrow I will have the chance to spend 15 minutes to add some more flesh to these headings as you have suggested to have a short introduction. Some of them are more defined than others in my head, but I can do that.

And we can later on decide whether we want to change the direction that we want to head for with these topics because there are several countries where the Internet has already been declared as an essential public service. So in the region, for the countries that already have that, well, they already know what we’re talking about. We need to add some

---

more information because it involves workers or working on the Internet, providing the services.

It also involves the state and the cost structures. And of course, the government will not interfere with the content. It will not regulate the content, but it does have a say on the Internet final price. And that links to accessibility.

And then we have infrastructure, although there may be some price regulation. And then if you don't have fiber optics at home, then there's no point. So they have to focus on quality and also on affordable prices.

So I can take some time tomorrow to do that, and I can share it with you so that you can have a look at that and see how we may go on from there.

Then panelist selection, Agenda Item #4, and the number of panelists. Well, one of the things that we need to clearly define is how much time we are going to allot to every panelists. Are we going to have two-hour sessions? Do you agree with that? Or should we have a 90-minute session?

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

I think two hours because 90 minutes would be too short a time for a panel discussion. You need, also, to allow some time for a Q&A. We have to make it attractive, and we also have to make it interactive. So I think that two hours would be at least what is required.

---

ADRIAN CARBALLO: So you're planning to have a facilitator. And how many panelists?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, we need your help.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: I'm asking you because I don't have any more information. So perhaps you can bring me up to date.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, outside this meeting [inaudible] here we are taking as the model the southern Internet governance school. So the panel here would be just a panel to reflect different views from different countries and civic society organizations talking about these topics.

But there are three topics, three themes, and we're going to address them on different days. One day we are going to talk about the Internet as an essential public service, the second day about Universal Acceptance, and then the third day on infrastructure and access to the Internet in rural areas.

So there are three themes, and each day we are going to address each of them. So we can have some triggering questions to spark up the discussions. And we may have six or eight panelists allotted a given time. But you are the head of the mind behind it.

---

ADRIAN CARBALLO: But you are talking about eight panels and you're talking about three days. So that means a morning or an afternoon?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: It's two hours, either in the morning or in the afternoon. Just two hours. It will be a short figure of time. Let's say that we can have the government of Bolivia as the civil society. There you will have [inaudible] Argentina with civil society and their government. And Trinidad and Tobago with their government and the civil society.

Of course, you can have four countries there on that panel. But actually, I don't know that. You are the one who knows how many people can speak for how much time. That is something that is above me.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: If I may, I would like to make a suggestion. Two hours without any break would be too much. So in my view, it should be one hour, a break, and then another hour, even if we are talking about the same topic but under a different heading.

If you're going to have six or eight panelists, you may have a facilitator and three panelists, three speakers on the panel. Or you may have two facilitators and six speakers divided into two sessions. I think that two hours would be too long for people not to drop or get distracted.

I think it would be too intense to be there for two hours listening to all the speakers at the same time.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Let me ask you about your experience with government because we are talking about not a virtual meeting. We are talking about a face-to-face meeting because when you are there in person, you have a lot of time because you are there just for that conference. But when you are there with someone who deals with policy making, perhaps that person cannot be there for more than one hour. So what would you do?

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Well, you may have 15 or 20 minutes for each panelist. I don't think that the panelists are going to stay there for one hour. If it is in a face-to-face meeting, it is different. But if it is an online meeting, they will leave earlier.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So let's assume that we have four countries represented on the first day and we have two hours for the entire session. We have two countries with four speakers with one facilitator for those two hours. So during the first hour, you would have two countries. And during second hour you would have the other two countries. They will give their presentations and then they leave if they need to. That will be the idea. Right?

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Yes, but perhaps at the beginning you can say that there may be questions and they may tell you that they can stay. I think it is more likely that they will stay for an hour rather than for two hours.

---

And you may also have two different facilitators also to speak gender balance.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Let me raise this question, too, because I'm trying to be candid here. When it comes to facilitating sessions, I think that we need to give priority to colleagues from our region. But we can also have facilitators that might be of interest of us that are not part of LACRALO today.

For instance, let's say Adrian is not here. So knowing of some chief experience, we could say, "Well, Adrian, would you be able to spend some time to facilitate a panel for us because we know that you may later on get bored with our work?" So would you be willing to welcome people from outside LACRALO as facilitators?

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Yes, sure. That can be quite favorable, not only to bring in that person, especially if that person has the skills as a facilitator and also has a lot of knowledge.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I'm considering ... I'm thinking about Alfredo Moreno. Someone we know very well, Adrian. If Alfredo Moreno can be the facilitators for any of the panels, no matter what panel, it would be a win situation for LACRALO. I'm just thinking about one name.

Laura?

---

ADRIAN CARBALLO: I think that would be something positive. I think it would be positive. Even if he's not part of LACRALO, we can invite him and the facilitate the session.

LAURA MARGOLIS: Yes, why not? I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. And I think that a facilitator is essential on every panel. I cannot think of a reason why we wouldn't [contact] someone from outside LACRALO.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So I don't know whether Vanda or Lilian or Carlos would like to make any comments. I haven't checked the attendance, the list, so I don't know who is on the call. But any different views? Any opposite views? Do you all agree? Okay, so another action item that has been covered, Silvia.

And please take note of this, that we can invite external facilitators, someone from outside LACRALO, to serve as a facilitator. But we have to make sure, or try to make sure, that there is gender balance. That will be very interesting, and we should have gender balance in all panels. At least give it a try. If we cannot, well ... But we should make an attempt.

And with Laura, we were trying to do some things. I talked to some colleagues in the region to see whether they were interested in participating in this event. I talked with Lilian, and I also talked to Alejandro Pisanty and to Gilberto Lara. I didn't get a reply from him yet.



---

But from El Salvador ... I talked to [inaudible] from Bolivia. Johnny Laureano, who was interested. I also talked to Carlton Samuels because I was thinking at all times about having 12 panelists in total. Four representatives per country for each of the three things because I thought that, as a minimum, we needed to have one from the Caribbean, another one from Central America, another one from the Andean region, and another one América do Sul.

So within that framework, I thought that we could have the four sub-regions with their own representatives, and we would all have someone represented. Of course, Claire, I'm sure that she will be there as one of our speakers because she's a champion. But of course, we can look for somebody else. In Central America, perhaps that is where we need to do some work and see how we can cover that.

But would you agree to have representation from the four sub-regions on the three panels?

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Yes.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Laura said yes.

LILIAN DE LUQUE BRUGES: I think that would be very relevant because this would also be appealing to the sub-regions' public. They could also become the conveyors of the activity, could do some other [times]. Another thing is that these

---

panelists should be knowledgeable on the topic that they will be moderating as well.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Great. Silvia, I'm going to kindly ask you to take this as an adopted decision, this having four people, four panelists, and with regional diversity for the three days we will be discussing. Let me check how it goes.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Can I make a comment?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Go ahead.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Sorry, I raised my hand but someone lowered. I'm going to make this comment. Could we have an idea of which are the ALSes from central America so that we reach out to them?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, we do have that. I think that is in an Excel sheet. I think Harold's got it. Or if not, I might have it. But we could ask Harold to share it at least among the board members so that we work on that list. Anyhow, today or tomorrow if needed, I will look for it and let you know who are these people. If not, our dear friend, Silvia Vivanco, who is on vacation can have it at hand and [inaudible].

SILVIA VIVANCO: Well, that information is already on the Wiki page. I will very quickly post it so that you can see which ALSes are based in each region.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: So if it happens that, let's say, Central America does not have the ability ... I do remember that there is an organization, an ALS, in Nicaragua. But if we see that, for example, we do not get to the proper number for Central America, well, we will draw among the other sub-regions which one would be covered in it rather than be a problem because if there's something that LACRALO has, it's that Latinos are everywhere.

So Silvia has already posted the list of ALSes for us to check. Adrian, you could work on that if you are so kind to help there.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Yes.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Sorry, but it's already past 41. Sorry, I moved so fast and I'm becoming the owner of this. But I want to see everything.

---

Let's move on to the calendar and the days of the event, the times. I remember that it says May 17<sup>th</sup>, 18<sup>th</sup>, and 19<sup>th</sup>. That was agreed. What was not so clearly agreed is whether we're going to hold it in the morning and in the afternoon, or in the morning or in the afternoon. That is what we have to confirm. Which hour blocks we're going to fill in.

With this a new proposal, very appropriate, that Adrian has made of opening up with two activities per day sessions, we might have these morning and afternoon sessions and find a middle point. For example, we could have one activity at 20:00-21:00 UTC and the other one at 23:00 UTC with one hour in between.

But we might say that this is too late for the Caribbean. I don't know what time is there. Claire, what is your time now where you are?

CLAIRE CRAIG:

Hi. The time in most of the Caribbean right now is 7:43. In Jamaica, it would be 6:43 p.m. So this is kind of late for us. And I know that's why a lot of members of the Caribbean have not been on some of the calls because it's the time when they're trying to organize children, getting home from work, and that kind of thing.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you, Claire. That's something to take into consideration. But also, on the other hand, we have to consider earlier hours. In Argentina it's 8:44 p.m. which is one hour of different with Claire's country and

---

Carlton's country. Two hours, actually. But we could hold our meeting earlier.

So what do you think? Please let me know what you think. Vanda, what do you think? 19:00 UTC? Too early? 18:00 UTC? Claire?

CLAIRE CRAIG:

If I had to suggest, I would go for earlier in the day during the daytime. More like 17:00 UTC which is around 1 p.m. our time or even earlier. So I would say between 11:00 our time. I'm not sure what that's added for UTC. So I think that's about 15:00 UTC. So anytime from 15:00 UTC should be a good time, I would think.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you, Claire. Well, we should see whether governments ... We have to coordinate this with governments. In my country, it could be perhaps too early. They are in full work in the midst of their job, work. But this should be decided, at the most, within this and next week. I'd like to see some feedback from you either on the WhatsApp group or to the email list, but we really have to give our view on the hour.

Carlos, go ahead.

CARLOS AGUIRRE:

I would say that if we're going to split the session, and based on what ... Well, I forgot who said it. This is the Alzheimer's.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: It's a clear exaggeration.

CARLOS AGUIRRE: Okay. Well, the proposal of splitting the session in two parts, we might have one section in a time that's appropriate for the Caribbean and the other one at a time that is appropriate for the other part of South America.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Okay. I'm concerned about our audience, our participants. Well, let's discuss this over other channels because we only have 10 minutes. So let's continue with this on WhatsApp or over the e-mail. But let's just start shaking this up in the region. I think this is a good trigger, the question on which is the best time.

But also considering not only what happens to us as users, but also what are the possibilities that governments have because government officials might have their problems at the office and they will not be able to attend. So we have to establish something that this not too complicated so that we have the most people.

Adrian, can I make a comment? Well, you see, it's actually very hard for everyone to agree on something. I think the most convenient thing considered in this issue is to make a definition as soon as possible and send the invitation so that they can [set it in] the calendar. But making it suitable for everyone? That is too complicated.

Once we have defined them—"this is the agenda"—well, after that, make the invitation and send a reminder so that they can participate on

---

the agreed date and time. So I'll say let's not try to do that effort because we might be wasting energies. Actually, it happens to us with the meetings, let's say, even at regular hours. It's difficult.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Adrian. Claire, you have raised your hand. Please go ahead.

CLAIRE CRAIG: I agree with Adrian. I think we should not try to set it up in such a way for the different regions. Just make sure that we have a centralized type of time and send the invitations out, particular government representatives. I believe that if they agree to attend the meeting, then they would set it up in their calendar and they would be available at whatever particular time.

I would, however, suggest that if at all possible, the meetings can be during working hours rather than outside of working hours. I'm not sure of the difference in the time frames across the regions, but if we could set it up in such a way that it falls somewhere between the 8:30-5:30 of a workday so that it fits in sometime in there.

If we're having a two-hour meeting, I suggest that we probably have a break. But I don't think that we should have two separate sessions at different times during the day to capture different audiences. If we bring people there for a conversation, I'm saying that we should probably just have it within that time frame. But, you know, I'm open to other suggestions by other persons. Thank you.

---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Claire. Please lower your hand. Now we have to discuss the next item—the promotion of the event, the tweet by ICANN Comms, and the engagement calendar.

But before that, I have something else. Silvia, do you want to discuss?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. I want to thank Alejandra Dans' work. She's from Comms. We have a tweet. I would kindly ask Michelle to click on the tweet. It's a Save the Date. Actually, it's very generic. There is a nice drawing, a nice graph. We are just announcing what we're going to do.

This is a very cute drawing with the three elements of the panels. So it's already there, 17<sup>th</sup>-19<sup>th</sup> of May. And it redirects to the Wiki page. On our Wiki page we have, using the same words to give it some flesh and more information as you provided.

And also, thanks to Rodrigo De La Parra. Michelle, if you can go back to the agenda. In the engagement calendar, Rodrigo ... Exactly. You can see the even already there in the engagement calendar. So these are the couple of things that have been done in terms of promotion.

There it is. LAC Digital, date and time. More promotion is needed. Thank you, Rodrigo. And as soon as we have more information, we will be forwarding that to our Communications Department that's providing us support. Perhaps next time we could be adding more promotion.

And I would take the chance of having the mic and I will quickly translate what Heidi says. Heidi says that a longer break could make people leave. Thank you, Heidi. I don't know if the translation was okay.



---

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I agree.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Just let me make a comment. When I was talking about having one hour and then a break and then another hour, I was just talking about a 10-minute break. No more than that, of course. To do it immediately after that. Otherwise, people will leave. I was just considering a 10-minute break, no more than that. This is in reference to Heidi's comment.

When you talk about the audience, what is your concern about the audience? How to control their participation? What do you mean by that?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, precisely that. The topics in themselves may connect us to a lot of people who are outside LACRALO. So perhaps the most worrisome aspect would be complicated timing, perhaps of different time slots. We won't have as much audience as if we were to do this in the prime time, so to speak. But of course, the prime time in Argentina is not the same prime time as in Trinidad and Tobago or in other countries.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: Let me comment. Perhaps we need to look, as Claire said, for the time slot between 9:00-6:00 or between 9:00-5:00 p.m. We need to look for the time slot that would be the ideal one within the working hours

---

because that is perhaps something that would make it more compatible with everybody's schedule. That's on the one hand.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Perhaps we can think about this, discuss it, and define it or make a decision through WhatsApp or through the mailing list because you may also have the organizations considered. So we can have an outreach with all the different proposals.

Let me say something about outreach and dissemination of this information. Because we said LACDigital.org. I can't remember whether there was a proposal to create a web page. I can do that. That is part of what I do for a living, so it's very easy for me just to create a web page for this event. I think it would be good for us to have, already, a LAC Digital web page. I think that Laura offered to host it. Right? Am I correct?

LAURA MARGOLIS: Yes, exactly. You just let me know and I will make the hosting available.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Perhaps you can just give me the proper data and I can develop that web page and I can connect it directly to your server. So by next week, we should have, I think ... Not a single picture of the speakers so that we will have ... But at least we would have a web page already operational.

And based on that, we can start doing some work on social media. We will also need volunteers. Perhaps we can ask Marcelo Rodriguez and

---

the LACRALO Communications Team. Perhaps they can create a [inaudible] page for this event and they can promote it through Instagram and social media.

Lilian—oh, Lilian has left. Okay, but perhaps they can work together, Lilian and Marcelo, in order to [inaudible] this through because we need to get it out quickly.

Laura.

LAURA MARGOLIS:

Just a question about how to promote this event. Will that be promoted within ICANN? Will this be part of ICANN communications or will it be separate?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

ICANN does whatever they can, but the ones who can touch base with our [user organizations are] those who participation in LACRALO. We have more than 60 organizations. We know that there are 20 or so that are active. So that means that we are in contact with a lot of people. So we need to start turning the wheels. If we are going to leave it all in the hands of ICANN, well they will do very well but they won't be able to do it on their own.

So I'm sure that Silvia has a lot of work related to ICANN as a whole, so each of us should vow to be an advocate for this event and to promote it. And of course, we all need all the graphic pieces. If ICANN can help us with that, well that would be great. If not, we will do it knowing that we are going to invest a lot of time on that.

---

Well, we have one minute left and we need to talk about event registration through Zoom. What do we mean by dates in there? I can't remember right now. Oh, this is about registration. Right? Silvia, are you there?

I think, yes, we need to ask for registration to this event. I think that we can have a Google form for registration. Right?

Michelle is telling us that Silvia dropped. Okay. So I think that we can create ...

Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. I wanted to just speak on what the Zoom registration is. It's what we do for the larger webinars, and it's basically where ... Because we don't want to put the Zoom room onto a public space that we make. In the announcement we'll put a registration requirement. It's a very simple process. It takes 30 seconds to do. And then that person will get the Zoom link. So that's the reason that we do that. It's just a normal process. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you, Heidi. I think that is a very good idea. We are right at the top of the hour. I don't know if anyone would like to make any comments, but I want to thank Michelle and Heidi for the excellent work they have done; the contribution of Silvia who left us, with her notes; Rodrigo who left. But we know that we always can have a lot of support from Rodrigo. And I want to thank the staff and the interpreters.

---

Anyone who would like to add anything? Or can we say good-bye and close this meeting for now? And then tomorrow we can start sharing information about the times for this event. So we can leave, I think. Right? Okay, so good-bye to you all. Let me say that it is a pleasure to meet with you, as usual.

And we are going to have a Doodle poll. Remember that Silvia has already announced this. I think that Claudia is going to send out a Doodle poll to see what would be the best time that would fit you best.

So I embrace you all. I love you all. Thank you. Bye-bye.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**