
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large leadership team (ALT PLUS) monthly call on Wednesday the 21st of April 2021 at 16:00 UTC.

On the call today on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Andrei Kolesnikov, Alan Greenberg, Dave Kissoondoyal, Joanna Kulesza, Jonathan Zuck, Lianna Galstyan, Marita Moll, Natalia Filina, Pari Esfandiari, Sarah Kiden, Satish Babu, Sébastien Bachollet, Yrjö Lansipuro, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, and Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez on audio only.

On the Spanish channel, we have Sergio Salinas Porto.

We have received apologies from Yesim Nazlar and Heidi Ullrich from staff, Holly Raiche, Sylvia Herlien-Leite, Judith Hellerstein, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, and Justine Chew.

From staff, we have Gisella Gruber, Evin Erdogan, Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management.

Daniel Nanghaka has just joined as well.

We have Spanish and French interpretation on today's call. Our Spanish interpreters are David and Marina, and our French interpreters are Isabelle and Camila.

A friendly reminder for everyone to please state their name when taking the floor for transcription purposes and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels and to please keep your

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

microphones muted when not speaking to prevent any background noise.

Also, we do have RTT on this call, and I've just put the link in the chat so you can follow along if you'd like. And welcome, Abdulkarim Oloyede, to the call. Thank you very much, and with this, I turn the call over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you so much, Claudia, and thank you, everyone, for your presence today. I really do appreciate it. We've got a few things that we need to get updated on, and this is an opportunity for the leadership group to all catch up together.

Okay, so today, our main objective is to—it's going to be a shortened meeting, first of all, because I have to leave before the top of the hour for another call, but for today's meeting, it's to get an update from the work team leaders as to what activities are going to be happening this year over and above, of course, the normal work of the three main streams. CPWG of course is going to be continuing on with the normal work that they do, but there are other activities that are going to be happening that require support from the community to ensure we provide some quality input from other areas of each of the streams.

So it's really just to get an update on all that, make sure that we've got people in place to do what needs to be done, and get an idea, too, of what sort of new programs leaders are considering for FY2021.

So what we'll be doing as well as that is to look at what's on top for the RALOs, and I know that with the ICANN meetings—seem to be so close together, these first two, there's really good RALO participation, and looking at a little bit of prep for our next ICANN 71 meeting as well as upcoming elections, so start thinking about next year's positions. We've got RALOs and other people who are considering taking part in the elections this year.

So it's a busy time for everyone, but this is an opportunity for everyone to catch up and become involved and to encourage, especially for RALO leaders, encourage their members to engage with us. So let's move on. The agenda is pretty basic. If there's anything anyone wants to raise, you'll get an opportunity, of course, for anyone to contribute, anything that needs to be said during these updates, so let's get started on it.

First, what I want to refer you to—I just saw fleetingly that action items, the only thing—there's one, it says TBD. That must have been a really interesting action item, whatever it was supposed to be. And earlier one that Hadia and Joanna were going to liaise with NPOC [and LACRALO] on the webinar series, and no doubt, we will get to catch up on that in the update later on. So I think we can skip that and perhaps check those items when we're done. Thank you, Claudia. Can we get back to the agenda?

So we'll go through these, and I'd really like the leads to just update, if at all possible. Some of the leads have actually already changed some of their items. What we've made sure that we did was with regards to the status of each of the Work Track areas, there were things that we did during the previous year which was completed and which the new work

for this year will be following on and probably complementing or enhancing some of the work that's actually been done. But we'll get that from the leads, and we'll start off with Jonathan, please, on policy.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Hi. So yeah, obviously, the CPWG remains busy just doing its normal day-to-day work in terms of policy and policy development. I think one of the big goals for the CPWG for the coming year is to focus in on engaging sooner on issues and getting a presentation done at the same time as an issue report so that CPWG really begins its aspirational journey to be engaged through the entire lifecycle of an ICANN policy issue instead of just scrambling to get engaged sometimes at the point of the public comment process.

So we're going to be trying to figure out issues as they're becoming important, work on building consensus positions or initial consensus positions, if you will, around them, and then arming and supporting our volunteers who then participate in working groups with a range of options and positions and then be supportive of them, both in terms of backups for the volunteers in larger working groups as well as sort of problem solving and consensus building and compromising as the work of the working group progresses.

We sort of backed into that type of activity with the EPDP and the subsequent procedures group, and I think it was very productive to operate in that fashion so the objective is to go in headfirst into that. And to that end, we've worked on a charter for the CPWG. There's still some conversations taking place about what consensus should look like

in the CPWG, both in the context of a call and/or offline, in a poll or something like that as we present things to the ALAC and making sure that we're not presenting a thin majority as a full consensus when we present things to the ALAC. So I think that's going to be an objective for us, is kind of understanding how we form consensus and how we report on it.

And then there's also a policy course which is now days away from shipping, sort of like the culmination of a lot of these discussions that have taken place since the inception of the CPWG in terms of how we work, etc. and that really represents that aspirational view in terms of how we operate, and hopefully becomes a good funnel for new volunteers and newcomers into the process and helps make it a little less confusing and has everybody thinking about how the At-Large engages in policy in a more sophisticated way. So that's a big part of what we're trying to do, is take those aspirations and those experiences and formalize them and make them more intentional going forward. I would say that's probably our biggest objective for the coming year.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Jonathan. And also, one of the things that I was thinking of is the involvement of the CPWG in policy development in ICANN meetings and the messages that we actually wanted to convey to our community and other communities about our position. And I guess that's [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, that's absolutely right, Maureen. The idea is to develop positions prior to developing advice. Very early on, we'd come up with positions. And as Melissa Allgood said in her webinar, it may mean coming up with a range of positions in some instances so that we're not inflexible when it comes to our participation in the broader ICANN community. So those would be things we'd be working the kinks out of, but that is the idea, is to form some positions, evangelize those positions, give ourselves the time to socialize those positions up and down our chain, through the RALOs and the ALSes so that there's buy-in from a broad range of volunteers so that anybody that has heard about the At-Large is asked about a particular issue, they have a sense and they've bought into what our position on that issue is, and that's just even as it's being discussed in the ICANN community. That's the objective, for sure.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Let's move on then to OFB. I'm looking to see who on the OFB is actually here. I know Holly was an apology. We've been hearing discussions, anyway, online about the—

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Maureen, sorry to interrupt. Ricardo's not on. We have Marita Moll with her hand up, and Alan and Sébastien all have their hands up now.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Sorry. I'm missing those hands, I haven't got that up. Okay, let's first of all have Marita. She has been involved in the discussions. Thank you, Marita.

MARITA MOLL:

Thanks, Maureen. Since Holly and Ricardo are not here, I just thought I'd throw in what we're working on. We'll be having a meeting next week and I've been preparing some thoughts about how our comments were received on the budget and where we actually seem to have moved some things forward and what things didn't really have any motion. So that would be something we're doing next week.

Following on from there, we'll probably be taking a deeper dive into some of the functional activities and operational activities that are highlighted in the budget, FY22-26. It all gets pretty intense, and there are parts of it that if we keep track of them, we can really have some impact, particularly when things are changing around measurements and around bringing forward various aspects [inaudible]. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Marita. Alan, please.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. My comment refers actually to all of the groups, but since CPWG is the first one that came up, I'll make it now. Can we start in preparation for what we know is going to be happening in the future of keeping track of people's activity, can we start having attendance records for these meetings? It particularly applies to the OFB working group which has actual members, but even the CPWG which doesn't have members, it would be really useful to go to an attendance chart and see who is participating on a regular basis and who isn't.

I know the details are in each individual agenda, but there's no practical way to get those out. And we know at some point, we're going to have to start keeping track of people's participation. Why don't we start now and start getting some attendance matrices associated with each of these major working groups? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Alan. And it's very much on top of our agenda as well as a follow-on from the At-Large review. We're still awaiting a platform on which to better manage the metrics side of things for our groups, but we do have some records. I have a feeling, actually, that there is a record, it's just not been publicized as such. Definitely [inaudible] as an action item.

ALAN GREENBERG: Maureen, I know we're going to be using the formal systems later on, but just a simple Google doc matrix worked very well with the ALS group and the individual user group to keep track of who's there and who's working. So it might be worth considering it as a start. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. And yeah, it's down as an action item and we'll definitely work on that more rigorously. Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Maureen. Yeah, it was just to say that the group you were referring to is working—Operations, Finance and Budget subgroup is

working on prioritization and we are quite going well. We have already done Work Stream 2, CCT review, RDS review, and we are working on SSR2 knowing that ATRT3 is done but not yet discussed. And all that is chaired by Cheryl. She's not here. I try to [inaudible]. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sébastien. And yes, an important part, the subgroup that's been working within the OFB and an important part for us to start prioritizing what—and that of course will filter through to the CPWG as well. So thank you to that small team that's been working very studiously on that particular issue.

Okay, I think we're actually running a bit out of time with this one, but that's okay, it's important. [inaudible] get some of the other things done as well. Outreach and engagement, Daniel, just a very brief summary on objectives you're hoping to achieve this year. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much. I'm happy to say that at least, despite the fact that we've been a little bit affected by the pandemic and going so much virtual, we had at least had alterations in the [inaudible] leadership for the different respective ICANN meetings are coming in, and during our next meeting, we shall be having a transition of the leadership from LACRALO to NARALO whereby Natalia will be taking on the leadership as we shall be discussing the preparations of ICANN 70.

Also, engagement is still taking place, and I'm happy to say that Joanna is handling the engagement part of it through her capacity building

program, and still, we are leveraging on the social media such that we can have more input and engagement with the respective communities.

Social media is growing. We're still trying to make sure we get things done such that by the time the pandemic settles down, a lot has got to be done. Also, right now, the RALO lesions are developing their regional plans, and we shall be able to get feedback from them during the next O&E meeting that will be held next week. So that's just a brief that is coming from outreach and engagement. Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excellent. Thank you, Daniel. And just getting back to Alan to get his final comment on OFB.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sorry, I now see OFB is on after outreach and engagement. For some reason, I thought the agenda was in the other order.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. But [we've just done.]

ALAN GREENBERG: You've done it. In that case, I have a comment. What I haven't seen any discussion of at all is implementation of the ALS and individual user working group reports.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, they're there. They're actually done in status. It's not actually there, it's in a later section, but they are actually mentioned.

ALAN GREENBERG: Isn't it under the OFB though?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think it's because it's completed, it's actually under operations, under my section.

ALAN GREENBERG: All right. Sorry. I thought operational meant operations. My mistake.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I [thought we] wanted to focus more on what was specifically—it's okay. Jonathan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. I guess, Alan, I thought operational had to do with ICANN operations as opposed to ICANN policy, like our relationship to the rest of the organization as opposed to At-Large operations. So I guess that's a good question as to where that lives, because I didn't think it was the OFB, but that may be the right home for it.

I was just going to make a quick comment on the outreach and engagement/capacity building work. What I wanted to make sure was that our efforts to mount some kind of end user education campaign on

DNS abuse is still somewhere near the top of the agenda there. I feel like that's something that's a big opportunity for us, an opportunity to show our strength, the strength in our numbers, etc. and that while all of these individual efforts at a regional level are good, I think being able to demonstrate some numbers associated with a big effort would be really powerful inside of the ICANN community. So I'm hoping that that initiative still has legs and is near the top of the agenda, the outreach and engagement.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Thank you. This leads into, of course, capacity building. Joanna, there's quite a lot happening in the capacity building and is related. We're going back to the outreach and engagement side of things. There's quite a lot happening. Can you give us a little rundown on what's on top?

JOANNA KULESZA:

Yeah. Indeed, Maureen. Thank you very much. I was actually just going to reply to Jonathan. I do believe that DNS abuse is at the top of our agenda. At the same time, as Jonathan and Maureen are well aware, we might want to make sure that we have consolidated effort and that our At-Large narrative on DNS abuse falls in line with the overall ICANN narrative there.

So we've had a few meetings. Jonathan was wonderful in managing these and coordinating discussions, and at the same time, I am certain that our capacity building campaign will take full benefit of all the lessons that we have learned. So it seems as if DNS abuse is somewhat

controversial within the ICANN environment itself, and I appreciate all the work that has been put in there, and this will be reflected in the capacity building and outreach campaign that we will draft. So in that sense, I appreciate all the work in terms of policy that has been done with regards to DNS abuse and I am happy to work further with Jonathan and the Consolidated Policy Working Group in terms of getting our message consolidated, as the name would have it, and having [it reach out.] Go ahead, Jonathan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Can I respond back? I'm sorry, yeah, I just want to make sure that I'm not being unclear. We committed at ICANN 64, I think—

JOANNA KULSZA: 68, I think.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Doing an end user campaign not on DNS abuse policy but on how to protect yourselves from DNS abuse. And so I feel like these controversies that exist within the ICANN community have little relevance to that effort. This is like how to recognize a phishing scam and how to protect yourself online was the nature of that end user education campaign.

I think we all know plenty, at this point, that doesn't require consensus or other aspects of the community, etc. in order to accomplish. These definitional issues all have to do with what actors are going to take responsibility for what inside of ICANN, and this is about the end users taking responsibility for themselves. So I don't think there's anything

more that needs to be done besides identifying existing materials, getting things translated, etc. and trying to push things out through the network.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Thank you, Jonathan. This is really appreciated and helpful. I am certain that you and I and the ALT PLUS team as such are on the same page in terms of the need to educate end users on cybersecurity threats and the DNS abuse threats as we like to call them here. At the same time, you and I have both observed certain reluctance to At-Large input into that discussion.

So I know that on the capacity building and outreach side, we have a relatively easy task, but on the policy side, this might prove more challenging. So this is just a decoration for these three groups or two groups, however you wish to look at them, to work together and make sure that we have a consolidated message. I welcome Yrjö's intervention here in the chat that this might also work in terms of collaborating together with the GAC, and we have organized a small working meeting with the GAC, so this is clearly at the top of our agenda both in terms of policy and capacity building and outreach.

This agenda might use some support in terms of getting a clear message out, and this is something that Jonathan and myself are happy to work on and we welcome any input coming from others on that topic. So this is just to briefly respond, but as Maureen indicated—and I don't need to take up too much time, I'm happy to take this offline—there is a lot of activity going on in terms of capacity building.

As you can see here, Maureen and Jonathan have been absolutely tremendous in creating the ICANN Learn course with the fundamentals to At-Large policy development, and I know this has taken a lot of effort in terms of both consolidating the work of the Consolidated Policy Working Group, so understanding the process and then transposing it into a capacity building material, which they have done wonderfully, and I take the opportunity to thank them for this once again.

Hadia has been doing a wonderful job in coordinating the webinars. We have an advanced agenda, and time permitting, I would love to hear from Hadia on what the progress there is. And you can also click the link that is in our agenda for this meeting and see the program we have for the upcoming months in terms of the webinars that are focused on capacity building and current topics.

And let me just weave the EURALO initiative in there as well. I know that Sébastien has been working on round tables, and they do have a certain capacity building element to them, and I'm hoping that this will come to full fruition during the next ICANN general meeting.

And the agenda here indicates also we have other streams going on. Adam Peake has been working with us, the Capacity Building Working Group, on building an academic engagement agenda. This is something that Abdulkarim has been extensively facilitating. I know there is work being done on building a resource of academic experts we could weave into the capacity building activities that are going on.

Ali has had his entire initiative of the ambassador mentoring program set up bottom-up, and I know it's running wonderfully. Ali has been

gracious to give us updates on this on numerous occasions. I'm just concluding here, Maureen. I apologize. Abdulkarim is weaving the expert survey into the capacity building agenda, including webinars and the mentoring program, and we are working with [Dave] on having a resources database, which is something I think will consolidate the efforts as they are listed in our agenda. I'm going to stop here. As always, happy to answer questions. Apologies for taking too much time. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you so much, Joanna. It's good to see how more people are being engaged within our work streams. Also, I'd like people to bookmark this [inaudible] page because it actually does give you an overview of what's happening within At-Large, plus the links to the specific areas that refer to those topics. So, thank you very much.

Okay, so let's move on. Then we go into, of course, the final section, which is the At-Large operations. And again, it's looking at, as Jonathan mentioned before, you've got CPWG, capacity building where you're looking at ICANN versus At-Large, again, the OFB is looking at the operations side of things. I see Ricardo is currently in the participants list at the moment. But they're dealing with the ICANN operations and of course, I get left with specifically At-Large. And sorry, I confused everybody by mentioning that. And now, seeing as the mobilization work parties for the ALS and individual member are completed, they will provide—and they're in the At-Large operations because I think they provide underpinning documents that impact on what's happening within eh RALOs and filtering through to our other Work Streams. So all

those completed documents, like the communication strategy and those work party documents are incorporated into operations [across] AtLarge.

We've also got—just moving up—the leadership development. One of the things that I haven't [readied] yet, although for example, the session with Melissa was part of that, and there's other sorts of things that we actually want to incorporate into leadership development, just opportunities for developing leadership across the actual community itself. And everyone is involved in that, we're not specifically targeting any particular people, we're wanting to build our leadership within the At-Large community as opposed to the liaisons which we've had people working with our current liaison team to look at a little bit—we're ready for some changes in the liaison roles, and we've got some very capable people shadowing our current liaisons at the moment.

Of course, you'll note that with SSAC, there was no change proposed because that's a Board [decision,] and internal decision within [the SSAC,] which we contribute to, but that decision is made elsewhere. Alan, you have the floor.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. Just to be clear—and I'm not asking for action at this meeting. This is a review. But we really need to identify some taskforces, work parties, whatever, people to lead and to work on the efforts to implement the two work party reports. So let's just not forget about it, because otherwise, the work those work parties did is useless. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alan. Yes, just keep reminding me about that so we can make sure that that gets done. Okay, so that's the program. We've got a few more things to do before we sign off, so thank you so much for the contributions by the Work Stream leads. I can see that it's really—okay, we've got a busy year, and the ICANN meetings are just adding more fuel to the fire there.

Okay, so moving on to RALO updates, are there any RALO chairs who've got anything urgent? And just a brief—Sébastien, you'll have something, I know your RALO has been very busy and an update would be good. And Satish has got his hand up, so let's have him first.

SATISH BABU:

Thanks, Maureen. Very quick update from APRALO. We have started the practice of guest speakers from December 2020 when we had the IGF MAG chair. We've been having this every meeting since, and it's proven to be a very popular way to popularize our meetings. It's helped us to get more participants.

Number two, we have just launched our mentoring program batch two. Ali and Lianna are leading the program. We hope to be able to make this especially useful for the individual members.

Number three, we have created a small group to look at ways of enhancing our monthly meetings. With the guest speaker also coming in, we find we are squeezed of time, so we are looking at ways of improving the meetings by maybe changing the structure of it.

Number four, we have the ROP, rules of procedure review. We were waiting for the ALS mobilization report and the unaffiliated individual member report. Both the reports are now out, so we're going to restart very shortly the ROP review and incorporate the points of action from these two reports.

Finally, the APRALO policy forum which is headed by Justine has just completed a survey on identifying key impediments that prevent people from contributing to the policy work, both at APRALO level as well as ALAC level. And a summary of findings has been presented as an infographic, and we're also planning two other surveys on policy hot topics and inventory of skills.

Thank you very much. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much for that. And I think it's been—coming from APRALO, it's really nice to see the great enhanced attendance at the meetings. It's not just the speaker, it's everything that's actually happening within the RALO. But that goes for others as well. Sébastien, [inaudible], please.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Maureen. We will on Friday complete our last readout. We had one in French, one in English, and the next one will be in Spanish, and ICANN Org organized one in Russian yesterday. All were well attended, but I still think, for all our effort we put in, that we need to

find a way to have more people knowing about and coming to those events.

We had yesterday our monthly roundtable number four organized by EURALO about Europe network readiness and digital transformation, and for the ones who were not able to participate, I am sure that the link will be provided soon. It was really very interesting with Bruno Lanvin from Portulans Institute and Eleanor Sarpong from World Wide Web Foundation, and Christopher Mondoni. It was run by Pari, and she has done very well.

The next one will be in May and we are still working with Máté Mester and with Joanna to talk about the study on domain name system abuse and projected outcome. That is a study sponsored by the European Commission DG CNECT and I am sure that it will be also interesting.

I don't know if you want me to go through the ICANN 71 even if it's the next topic or you want me to stop here and come back for 71.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. Unless there are other RALO chairs who want to say something ... No. Okay, well, you can introduce the ICANN 71 topic then, Sébastien, very briefly. Thank you.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you very much. We are working, for the moment—and as you know, it's very short, we have less than two months—on two different projects. One is named EURALO global town hall. The main idea was to

take into account the fact that we have now the report on both mobilization working group and we thought that it could be a good idea to try to gather all the members to participate to one event where we will invite people from different part of ICANN and go on deep dive within what At-Large is doing. And I was planning for that for prep week, but for some organizational reasons, it will not happen there. I would prefer to have it before the ICANN meeting, because one idea is to bring them to the ICANN meeting, therefore it would be organized 8th of June.,

The second event we are organizing is, I will say, mimicking what LACRALO social event was. We will not be able to do as well as they have done, but we will t registry to do our best, and it will be during the ICANN meeting. Hopefully, the 15th of June.

And we are planning those two elements. And just to add one point, we are not working on ROP because we have too much things to do in that period, and we can't afford to do something in addition to all that. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sébastien. Now, just if you've clicked the link about the virtual policy forum itself ... Gisella, are you available to give a brief overview of where we're at with regards to prepping for this meeting?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Maureen, sorry to interrupt before Gisella takes the floor, we have Sergio with his hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Sergio, very briefly, please.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Maureen. Just to provide you with a very short report form LACRALO. We had a meeting last Monday and we held a webinar on DNSSEC that was provided by Pablo Rodriguez who is the executive vice president of NIC.br in Puerto Rico.

Then we had a report from the different working groups that are working very nicely. This was specifically universal acceptance, and there was a course that we launched for May the 4th. We will have four lessons that will last an hour and a half each.

INTERPRETER: We apologize. We have lost Sergio, we cannot listen to him anymore.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I see Seun's got his hand up. Seun.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Thank you. Just a brief update. At AFRALO, we're also going to be doing our second series of webinar within our webinar series which we launched earlier this year, and this time, it's going to be based on DNS abuse. And from ICANN 70, as usual, you're aware that we normally hold a session during ICANN meeting and we also had this session during ICANN 70. The major thing that happened there was the fact that that

particular meeting was the 25th of that session, and of course, the statement was also generated with regards to multi-stakeholderism, and of course, that has been finalized and we have pushed it to the Board as usual and other stakeholders.

The other thing that we'll be doing at AFRALO, we are still working on the review of our rules of procedure. The work party [inaudible] the work party on individual membership, the one that was [considered by ALAC] are now done. The work party from our own side looking into our own rules of procedure, or to better put, operating principles, are going to be working faster now to ensure that what was on that group was also in sync with what we have within our region in terms of the current rules.

The other thing I think I should mention is that we'll also be doing the readout which is actually going to be with the Middle East, the Africa GSE team and the Middle East are organizing it, and that is going to be happening tomorrow as well. So I thought I should just provide those quick updates. That's it from my side. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Seun. And I note that Sergio is back, so yes, very briefly, please, Sergio.

INTERPRETER:

I believe we have lost Sergio again.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh. That's a shame. Okay, Sébastien, very briefly, please.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Very briefly, I forget to tell you that the general assembly of EURALO who was supposed to be happening before end of June was postponed for next fiscal year with the agreement of ICANN staff and the budget assigned for that. Unfortunately, we think that we will not be able to have a face-to-face this calendar year, therefore, we will have a virtual general assembly in December and we try to organize a face-to-face in June 2022 alongside with EuroDIG, and if not, the ICANN meeting in Europe. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry to hear that. And I know that Eduardo is here and he hasn't mentioned it, but I'm just thrilled with all the work that's happening within the RALOs. Very exciting times for everyone. And everyone's got something special that's happening within their regions, and it's really generating a lot of interest amongst our members. So, thank you so much, everyone.

We've got about five minutes left before I have to drop off. Gisella, sorry, if we can have a brief intro into what's on top for getting people prepared for the virtual policy forum. And noting too that of course, the CPWG will be discussing plenary topics for ICANN and At-Large at their next meeting later on in the day. So, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you. I'll keep this very brief in the interest of time. ICANN 71, the unfortunate thing between ICANN 70 and 71 is that we have a very short turnaround time. So we have the first SOAC chairs' meeting planning call tomorrow on Thursday the 22nd of April, and on this call, we are hoping to discuss the plenary topics that have been submitted by the various groups.

As Maureen pointed out, the CPWG will be addressing the plenary topics that were submitted by At-Large members as well as the policy topics which we wish to discuss during ICANN 71. Reminder, it is a four-day policy forum. There will not be any of the main ICANN Org meetings which we have at the AGM and the community forum. We will still have plenaries, and these are the topics that we are looking for. And with regards to meeting the various groups, we have set up an ICANN 71 planning committee which meets weekly and we have a meeting tomorrow again.

So again, we have discussed this with Maureen, the schedule will be as light as possible to allow people to attend other sessions as well as also to not have a complete Zoom overload.

As it stands now, we do have a block schedule. There is nothing much on the block schedule, it just has the holding places for where we will have the plenary sessions, of which we are expecting two. And tomorrow, again, we will continue the discussions on what At-Large sessions we are holding.

We are looking at holding the welcome, which is the opening session of ICANN 71, with two policy sessions and the wrap up for At-Large, as well

as the usual joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting and EURALO will be holding the EURALO social event.

So we are trying again to keep it light, as we did for ICANN 70. Prep week is running from the 1st to the 3rd of June. At this stage, we do not have any At-Large prep sessions during that week. Maureen will hold the “what to expect at ICANN 71” the week prior to ICANN 71, and there may be an additional one or two At-Large sessions which have not yet been finalized.

So again, this is all in the planning stages, and we will keep you posted as and when we work on the schedule, and we will also post all information on the ICANN 71 policy forum Wiki page which you have on the agenda. Thank you, Maureen. Over to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Gisella. And of course, we’re hoping that everyone can come along to our ICANN planning meetings. We need your input, and there’ll be some decisions to be made at the CPWG if you’d like to listen in there as well.

Just one final item—we've got one minute—is of course the upcoming elections. As I mentioned before, they're the election for the new ALAC members and RALO leaders. I hope everyone in the RALOs are actually thinking of preparing for those elections. Please, it’s really important that we get people in who are really keen to serve with us, and that’s an important section that I’d like everyone to refer to.

But I'm so sorry that at this particular point in time, I have to leave to attend another important call. But thank you so much for everyone for your contributions. As you heard, there's so much happening within AtLarge, and it's an exciting place to be a part of. I thank you all so much for your contributions.

And hopefully, staff have captured the action items that have come out of the suggestions from today, and I hope everyone has a great day. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]