
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 70 planning committee call on Thursday the 4th of February 2021 at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Barrack Otieno on audio only, Olivier Crépin-Leblond on audio only as well, Joanna Kulesza, Vanda Scartezini, Jonathan Zuck, Sébastien Bachollet, Dave Kissoondoyal, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Matthias Hudobnik, Vernatius Ezeama, Natalia Filina, and Yrjö Lansipuro. Also, Abdulkarim Ayopo Oloyede.

We have Alberto Soto and Lilian Ivette de Luque on Spanish. No one on French yet.

From staff, we have Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management.

Our Spanish interpreters for today are Claudia and Veronica, and our French interpreters are Isabelle and Claire.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels.

Sergio Salinas Porto has just joined us on the Spanish channel.

Thank you all very much, and with this, I turn the call over to you, Maureen.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Claudia. Welcome, everyone. It's [a great team] here today. And we have quite a big agenda here. It probably looks a little bit more [inaudible] than normal, but it's got a lot of content [inaudible].

Okay, so we'll be, first of all, just looking at the [prep] webinars. I think they're the week before [inaudible]. We'll be looking at some topics that we are planning, and have been [proposed] already. So that's good we've got something to discuss. And of course, we'll have an update on the LACRALO [inaudible]. It's going to be pretty packed. We've only got an hour. Is there anything else [inaudible]?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Maureen, sorry to interrupt. The interpreters are asking if you could please speak up a little bit.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. [inaudible].

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible]. Is that any better? Can you hear me better now?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: One moment.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, Maureen, I just turned up my volume and now I hear you, but before, you were speaking faint.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Maybe if you could just speak for a little bit.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I've got my headphones on, I've almost got it in my mouth, so let's see how it goes. Right, so let's have a look at the first item, which is of course the PIC webinar. One of the things that I decided that—the prep webinar for ICANN is two weeks before the conference, and there's no interpretation during that week. However, there is interpretation the week before and the week after. So I've actually opted for the week after ICANN's prep week, which is the week before the conference week. I just thought it would be a connector between what we're planning to do and that we can get straight into it [inaudible].

So during the prep, basically our At-Large prep week which is the week before the conference, we'll have the usual ICANN introductions to what to expect. [inaudible] going to be 90 minutes, but especially as

our—it could be, if we include some of the extra activities that are going to be happening that week that we’re involved in. But there’ll be that, which is our normal prep week thing for us. It’s becoming a tradition now. And of course, we’ve got our social media webinar, which is also on Tuesday, so it’s earlier in the week for prepping just an introduction. And we assume that it will have a wider audience than just At-Large.

So those are the two activities that we’ve got prepared. One of the things that I have [inaudible] of ICANN as well as the staff is that it’s a short conference week, which I think is really good, and I think what we’ve got to do in this virtual environment, there is so much happening in-between ICANN meetings, it’s a lot of effort to prepare for them, when you look at the additional meetings that we’re having to have [inaudible], and it’s part of the ICANN program anyway, but it’s still quite a burden on a lot of people in this time [inaudible]. So I don’t want to put too much of a burden on people. Our contribution will be as quality as it normally is, I’m just not expecting people to participate in a lot of things when there is a lot going on elsewhere in ICANN program. And we do want people to be able to share in those activities as well.

Okay, so that’s sort of our prep week at the moment, and if anyone feels that there’s something burning that they’d really like to include during that week, please let us know, because it’s light at the moment, but [inaudible].

So, first of all, let’s look at number four, which is the draft activities, the draft schedule. I’m going to have to leave that to Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. And yes, the agenda is a little denser than usual, only because I did it, and I just wanted to make sure we didn't forget anything, and if anyone did miss the call, we had quite a bit of information already on the agenda.

So, we now have the Google document with our draft schedule, and please note that all the other sessions that you see on here are still moving parts. Nothing is set in stone, no meeting [inaudible] can't take as given yet what is on this schedule. But we [inaudible]. We work as a close team to try and [inaudible] the schedule together and avoid as many conflicts as possible.

So what I've done in the first instance is to put our sessions, to put question marks where we think [inaudible] sessions, and then also [inaudible]. But in the first instance, as I've put in the agenda, I think what [inaudible]—

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Gisella, sorry to interrupt. The interpreters are having a very hard time hearing you. It's very choppy. Perhaps [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Okay. I will arrange that. No problem.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hang on. Is that better?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Can you try speaking a little bit more, please?

GISELLA GRUBER: Apologies. My phone goes through a wi-fi call as opposed to using a normal line and that causes interference. Is that better? I'm sorry, I wasn't checking the chat.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: It seems better now, yeah. I'll let you know [if there's an issue.] Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sincere apologies. I wasn't following. So I'm not sure what the other language channels got, but as I was saying, this is all still very much a draft schedule, that we will be working on this until the 12th of February, the deadline for the form submission.

What I've done is I've put some placeholders in, as we do need to move forward on this. I've put question marks, I've got some of these slots where I'll provide you with some additional comments, etc. But as I said in the first instance, it would really help me identify which sessions are to be nonconflicting in the ones that are currently up on the schedule.

So if we run through Monday, we have the—I'm not sure if any of the GAC sessions which we need to keep free, and also, which of the GNSO

sessions need to be unconflicted. If we can maybe go through—is that okay, Maureen, if we do that? I just need to put in red for me what sessions need to be nonconflicting. So, are there any that anyone sees that need to be nonconflicting? And you will see that all the plenaries, and for instance I've already put the Board-GAC that we've got to hold, so it's mainly, at this stage, the ones that we see up for Monday.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Is there anything that anyone sees on Monday that they definitely might want to change? Having a look at what else is actually happening. I think we've started the week with the usual welcome, and that's mine and it normally takes only about 30 minutes, but what I actually wanted is the tradition [of a year.] The tradition is that after the welcome, we have a policy session that is some sort of introduction of our week and I'm like, [inaudible]. Let's hear from you., Thank you.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks, Maureen. Two things. One is, we continue to attempt and potentially refine the idea of talking points and assigning people to be rapporteurs or report back, etc. on non-At-Large sessions for our wrap-up. But that obviously can't get done in the 30 minutes. So my first question that I should have asked earlier but I only just thought of it now is whether or not it makes sense to have that notion of covering—who wants to cover what be the talking points and who wants to cover what to be a prep week session so that we have a little more relaxed time to have that conversation about who's signing up to which session and things like that. So that was one question.

And then my answer to Gisella's current question is I think that there would be interest in the GNSO discussions of the Contracted Party House DNS abuse working group. Since that's such a hot topic for At-Large, that might be worth not being conflicted, although it already looks like it is. But I just thought it would raise it. So there you go. Two questions.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Well, the talking points, I think that that's—whether we have that discussion before ICANN so that we can get all those sorts of things organized. However, there is that introductory policy session which—it's just that I'd like it to be something substantial rather than administrative stuff like organizing who's going to do what. That can be done beforehand.

But we do need to have something that's introductory, and that could be something to do with our core topic for At-Large at the moment, which is of course DNS abuse.

I'm just wondering, Gisella, is there any opportunity for us to—shall we move that At-Large session and make it a 30-minute intro, the welcome thing, and 30 minutes policy introduction where Jonathan might perhaps be able to bring in those talking points in a 30-minute session or something? But we take it to block one so that we don't conflict with that session that's in the GNSO and that's in block two? Jonathan, your hand is up again.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Yeah, I was just going to clarify because I didn't know if I was clear that I think we would want to be around for the Contracted Party House DNS abuse working group session. But it's also possible you can just assign somebody to miss a particular At-Large meeting to get to a meeting and then report on it. So we should make that kind of decision. But if it is possible to avoid that conflict, it's such a central issue for us it might be worth crowding into that session much like they crowd into ours when we hold DNS abuse sessions. So that's just a thought.

And all I was saying on the prep is that we can't have it too far in advance because we want it to be based on a final sense of what sessions are going to be happening outside of the At-Large session. So it needs to be a fairly final schedule before we can—I don't know when the schedule is finalized, and maybe it's finalized sufficiently in advance that it doesn't need to be during prep week that we do this allocation of volunteers out to the non-At-Large sessions. So maybe Gisella can answer that question as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you for that. Maureen, just to start off on your point, it's absolutely not a problem moving it up to block one. I only had it in block two, further to our discussions earlier this week, if we wanted to have a policy session, block one is fine, and that also means that we won't conflict with the GNSO. And Jonathan, I will put it in the chat momentarily when the schedule is going to be published. Again, that's a

day that we're hoping to achieve, but I'll keep you posted. But we should have the final schedule by end of February. But I'll put the exact date in the chat shortly. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. I think that if we move that up to block one and we have a welcome, which as we're talking, I'm thinking I could get it done [inaudible] on it, it's that it's fairly—introducing what's happening with At-Large during the week. But in that policy session—and I've just called it a policy session to indicate that there is a 30-minute formal introduction and then introduction to what is our policy involvement during the week.

And in the past, it has been, Jonathan, that you're introducing the talking points, and it's a good block to introduce whatever it is that we're actually involved in, but focusing on the DNS abuse, which I know is going to be coming up anyway. So if we do it in that particular session, you've only got 30 minutes, but there actually will be an opportunity to do that introduction and then we go into the [GNSO] session, which is good because most times, we've just been so pressure cooker that we have missed out on a lot of opportunities to participate in what's going on around, and we'd like to make sure that in this particular meeting, we're encouraging people to participate in [inaudible].

So that's a change for Monday. And it's only just session one. So carrying on, Gisella, please.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Yes. So we've identified Monday's sessions, so we'll move those around. Now, where you'll see in the afternoon the [hold for LAC] roundtable and the last slot of the actual roundtable, just we will address that later when we get to the LACRALO sessions, but just so you know, that doesn't mean that both slots are going to be held. We're going to try and make the last—if the last one can be made into a 90-minute session, if possible. I haven't had a response, but what is essential for us for these sessions is obviously interpretation. So it may be trickier than a session without interpretation. So we are probably likely to have to use the 19:30 to 21:00 UTC for that LAC session. So as soon as I hear back—which will hopefully be within the next 24 hours—I'll update the Google document and that will also help us move forward with the sessions on the Monday.

So only noting that as a session not to have as conflicting, we can go over to Tuesday, and on Tuesday, we have the Board-GAC session which I've already held. You'll see the 17:30 to 19:00 UTC, it slipped in there, 13:00 to 14:00 which is Cancun time, placeholder for GAC Board meeting. So that, we've held free. We have a plenary in block four, and in the block six, we have our tentative GAC and ALAC slot there.

So, A, are there any other sessions that you would like us to have as nonconflicting? And then B, I've just put in the policy session of Hadia's one, again, just to have some meat on the bone to discuss today. So I'll hand it back to the floor to see if we have any comments on Tuesday's sessions.

Okay, no feedback there, so we will just work on—

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, I was on mute. We have Matthias.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yeah, we have three hands. Matthias, take the floor, please.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Hello, everybody. I have just one question to you, Gisella. Maybe it would be nice if you can talk to Siranush and to Deborah regarding our NextGen session, because they told me, if it's possible, it would be nice that the NextGen and also the fellows are able to attend our session, because it would be very interesting for them as well. So maybe you can just talk to them. I don't know if this slot will fit, but I think it would be nice if they can attend, because it's very interesting that they can see what possible engagement opportunities they have after such a program, and maybe you can liaise with Siranush and Deborah. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Very good point, Matthias. Gisella, you can organize that.

GISELLA GRUBER: Action item taken, and I will absolutely find a suitable slot for your session. And ignore the title there, I have since taken the e-mail that you've sent us and put the correct title, so that will be updated on this document, and I will work on them for a slot. Thank you.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Thank you, Gisella.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much. Thank you, Matthias. Jonathan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. And I don't know if this is the right place to have this conversation because I don't know what day it should fall on, but one of the features that we've fought hard for and won with ICANN Org is the ability to schedule a session that includes breakout rooms. And that's the closest thing to what we've enjoyed in in-person meetings where we have an introduction and we go around to whiteboards around the room or pads and paper around the room for brainstorming or something like that. So I don't know what the session should be, but I think that we should try to schedule a longer session. and it doesn't need to be a policy session, but it obviously could be. For example, on the last CPWG call, we began what will be a fairly long conversation on where we really stand on the boundaries of what's considered DNS abuse and ICANN's remit and the At-Large remit, etc. that's now causing a big e mail chain, and we're going to want to make sure that we really delve into the regions for their input into that discussion. So if the timing is right, it feels like that could be the discussion. But I guess I'm saying more I would love to, somewhere in the schedule, say that we're going to do a session that involves breakouts, and that needs to be a fairly lengthy session to accommodate starting in one room, going into breakouts, allowing enough time for brainstorming and coming back

and allowing enough time for reporting back from the brainstormings. So that's at least a 90-minute session. Maybe it's a two-hour session because of the logistics and things that can go wrong and everything else. But I feel like it's something we ought to try to do to get back to that ethos that we're missing online. So I'm right now just casting a vote for setting aside a block of time like that and putting in the request sooner rather than later to ICANN to say this is going to be our session that we want to use—this time period is going to be the session we're going to use breakout rooms in, and then we can work to refine what the substance of that session should actually be.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Jonathan. I really do like the idea. However, I'm not quite sure whether introducing it in the conference week is totally appropriate for our first time to actually participate in that kind of—and you're right, it's something that we've actually spoken about, but we've never done it in our own time to make sure that everyone knows what is expected, how they manage the breakout rooms and that sort of thing. So I'd really like to have at least a practice session or a session on that so that we know how it works.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Sure. Let's do a practice session. I think that makes sense. And let's leave time for error, because even when we do these things face-to-face, I feel the breakout sessions are always shorter than we wish they would be. I just feel like this idea is something that is one of the key things that's missing from the physical meetings and that they told us

on the SO and AC leaders call that they're only going to allow a few of them because there's a staff constraint because the breakout rooms need to be staffed and interpreters and all that sort of stuff. So I feel like if we want to do one of these kinds of sessions, Gisella probably needs to get back and put a stake in the ground and say, "Here's our slot that we're going to attempt a breakout room. Allocate staff and resources to us to do this." And then we can work to figure out how to run that session and do practice, etc. But what I think is timely is claiming a spot and the resources necessary to support it.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. I think we have to first of all identify what those resources are and how we use them may be different from how other people want to use them. And the type of format that we actually want to run a session which includes breakouts. So if you can coordinate something soon, let's get some practice sessions under our belt before we introduce it into a virtual conference. [inaudible]. So that's an action item for probably Heidi and Jonathan [inaudible]. Okay. Thank you. Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Maureen. I would like to speak about my session, but I don't know if this is the right time to do this.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Hadia, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, go, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry to interrupt. You can absolutely decide when the right time is. I just thought that I would say that I did put it under agenda item five within the policy issues. I've put Hadia's session there and also linked the description that she sent through. But totally up to you. But if she does speak now, then we can show the description there, Claudia, under 5(b)(2).

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, it's okay. Thank you. I rather we delay that so that we just focus on the schedule for now, just to look at any potential conflicts at the moment, Hadia, but yeah, there is time for you to raise that virtually. Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. So, I was a little confused because what we've done with breakouts was when we'd gone into different corners and different groups goner into corners, and that would be the breakout rooms. But if there's a feature—or are we not allowed to use it in Zoom?—that has white boards in the main room.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Judith, there's a single whiteboard though. In other words, everybody on the call in theory can be given permission to draw on that same whiteboard, but it is a single whiteboard. So it's not the notion of having

six of them around the room for people. That's what you would need breakout rooms to do.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: But if you have breakout rooms—

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Judith. Can we talk about that outside of this? I'd really like to go over—

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I get your point though. Thank you. Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. So just coming back to the schedule, Tuesday, we seem to be good then. Going on to Wednesday, are there any of the sessions on Wednesday—I see that we have the GNSO council meeting. I'm not sure. I've put the joint AFRALO-AFRICANN meeting against that only because the timing is usually AFRALO timing. So, are there any of the other ones? I again open the floor to that just so that I can mark them off in red, noting that I didn't mark any of the Tuesday ones in red, so for now, we would just be scheduling against the ones that are currently on the draft block schedule. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just a point about the AFRALO-AFRICANN meeting. Although I have said that we'd rather not have ordinary meetings in the ICANN meeting schedule, the AFRALO-AFRICANN meeting is a regularly scheduled meeting during ICANN meetings, so [inaudible].

Okay, so although we've got some spaces in there, those are for anything that we may want to [inaudible]. Not a problem. So, carrying on, back to you, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much, Maureen. So nothing noted for the Wednesday. Final day on the Thursday. Is there anything that you see that should be nonconflicting? For now, we've got the plenary, and I've put the wrap-up session in the 90-minute session between the plenary and the public forum, and that pretty much, I believe, will end our ICANN 70.

And if we've just identified the Monday slot to have nonconflicting at this time, then we can move ahead with filling the schedule. And at this stage, by next week, I need the number of sessions and I will submit, for instance, At-Large policy sessions, and then we can still fine tune on which goes where depending on the availability of the speakers. So that is not set in stone.

Again, as I've said last week, let's rather have too many sessions that we can cancel than too few because we won't be able to put anything in after next Friday's deadline. So that covers the scheduling. Thank you, Maureen. I mean the conflicting [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right. Thank you very much. Okay, so let's get on to that. We've had a look at—everyone's pretty [inaudible] now with what's happening during the week elsewhere as well as we've got our space and what we've put into those spaces. Okay, so, can we move to the next agenda item, please? [inaudible].

Okay, so we've looked at the schedule. I guess it was really important that we did have a look at what was there and what kind of spaces we've got. I think Matthias has also outlined that we've got to make sure that our schedule [inaudible] people who are going to be slightly affected by it. So if Gisella is working on that, that's great.

So we've got the discussion on the policy issues, and the first one is ICANN plenary topics. We've got a meeting soon, and we're going to be discussing which of those four topics are chosen as final two.

At-Large put in its suggestions right at the beginning, and I'm so surprised that for this meeting, there's only been two other topics added and usually, [ours get kicked out, but] there's a very good chance that at least one of our calls will remain.

But despite that, if either of ours is not selected in the ICANN plenary, we can actually transfer it [if that's at all] appropriate to do so [considering who's going to be running it] into one of our topic. But now we actually have a brief discussion from each of the leads on their proposals. Matthias, if you don't mind—I think we've got a pretty good idea of what your topic is, and we're making sure that we consider the engagement of the fellows and NextGen participants in the timing that

suits them. Hadia, now is your opportunity to very briefly seize no more than about three minutes about what's your proposal. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Maureen. So the idea here is to explore the impacts of new legislation and regulations on ICANN multi-stakeholder model. So we will look at the challenges and the opportunities that come with this, and for that, we shall have a speaker from each RALO, as well as speakers from different ICANN supporting organizations and advisory committees, like the contracted parties who speak to how new legislation might affect the way they do work or might affect their industry. The Noncommercial Stakeholder Group also will share its perspective. The SSAC can speak to how this could impact the security, stability and resiliency of the Internet or the DNS. We'd also have a speaker from the GAC and a speaker from the Board.

So this will be a packed session with about 11 speakers, five from At-Large and then one from SSAC, contracted parties, Business Constituency, GAC, Noncommercial Stakeholder Group, and the Board. So this is basically the idea behind the session. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Any comments? Yeah, it's going to be pretty packed as a 90-minute session. Okay, if you can get back to us on who your speakers are going to be, how you're going to coordinate the logistics of their participation. Great. Awesome. Thank you. And even if these are the only two extras that we have, as I said, I'm not putting any pressure on

anyone to do anything additional. It's really come along, sit back and enjoy the conference.

Okay, so let's go on to LACRALO's general assembly. There's quite a bit happening there, and because this is their general assembly time, I would really appreciate At-Large supporting LACRALO in [inaudible]. Who's presenting this one? Sergio?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

Thank you very much, Maureen. I'm going to make a brief summary of our virtual general assembly, and this is going to be held during the first days of March. This is a virtual general assembly that is going to be composed by four stages. The first stage would be the LACRALO academy where we're going to have some training and activities in the region. This is going to be carried out in Spanish. The working language is going to be Spanish and we're going to have interpretation into English. The idea is to supplement the activity of the academy that is running in English, and this is going to be for the ALAC leaders. We are going to have an activity with David Plum and Jose Arce, and Augusto Ho is the next LACRALO chair, and David Plum and Jose Arce. We are going to work with them in order to develop our strategy. Then we're going to hold a meeting at the end of this week in order to get ready and prepare the development of that activity. We're going to have a virtual activity in the framework of the general assembly, but of course, we are going to meet regularly in order to reach to this first scenario, and we're going to have a session of 90 minutes.

Then there is going to be a second day with another 90-minute session. We're going to work on the institutional matters, and we are going to discuss some LACRALO documents and the tasks carried out by Harold Arces and myself. After that, we're going to invite some members of the ICANN community for them to be able to share with us their experiences and their views regarding the region, and we're going to have Maureen's participation. We're going to have Lito Ibarra, [Göran,] León Sanchez among other members, and they're going to have the opportunity to share with us their views and opinions.

And then there's going to be a third session that is going to be a roundtable. This was taken from the experience that you had in EURALO, and we believe this is going to be something very interesting to apply in our region. The idea would be to discuss in that roundtable the different aspects of a regional strategy, and we're going to start working in our first meeting that is going to be held on Tuesday. So we need to reach March with our five-year strategic plan in order to discuss that plan during the meeting.

However, we would like to listen and learn about the different strategic plans already available, because these are the common points that we have with the organizations that are the elements of our ecosystem. So we're going to discuss this five-year plan. It doesn't matter who leads LACRALO, we need to set long-term goals and within these goals, we need to set practices for the leadership So I believe that it's going to be very interesting for us to have a proactive activity and a proactive attitude so that we can discuss and apply active policies.

And finally, we are going to have a networking event. There is a working group working on this networking. We have videos and audios to share. And probably, we're going to have an interactive session with the participants. We have four colleagues that are going to present. They're working on that. They have been compiling material. This is material that was previously used in other LACRALO networking events, so we're going to make the most of these materials so as to share them with the community. So this is my brief report so far. I'm really very excited at seeing how the region is working, and I hope that this is going to be translated in the meeting that we are going to hold very soon. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Sergio. It sounds like Kerry Ann really interesting program that you have planned. I'd just mention that your training session in that very first week may have to be either the 1st of March, the week before, to ensure that there's interpretation, because there is no interpretation during the week of the 8th. So we'll work on that with you going forward.

But I think also, just want to make mention, and I see that Lilian is here. I think one of the important things about ICANN 70 is the social media work that's going to be done that the Social Media Working Group is planning in the lead up to ICANN 70. It's very important that we give Lilian three or four minutes on what sort of things are on top for the Social Media Working Group leading up to ICANN 70. Thank you.

LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE: Last week, and during this week, we had some meetings in order to keep on organizing and preparing the activities for next week. We have reached an agreement and this is that our priority is the activity that we are going to hold on Monday, and this is the webinar on social media best practices. Once we finish with that particular and first activity, then we're going to focus on the recording of the videos. There is going to be a video with staff from the Org in all the Latin American languages. We have English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. These are going to be the languages for the video. And then we're going to have a second video that is going to be on the LACRALO general assembly.

We would like to have a better organized plan so that for the next meeting of this planning committee, we can give you further details regarding our next steps and what we are going to do. But for the time being, this is the update that I have for you. We had a meeting with Siranush and Deborah in order to speak and discuss about the engagement of fellows and NextGen in our activities, particularly in their participation in the Twitter contest or in different webinars, and for them to be able to attend some sessions, some of them are mandatory sessions and some of them are not mandatory. Once the program is ready, we're going to [step back] with Alfredo in order to see and suggest the sessions of interest.

Based on my experience as fellow and based on Alfredo's experience as a coach, we have an idea of the interest of these people in At-Large. And at the end of the meeting, we would like them to perhaps record a brief video telling us their experience in our sessions. And this is going to give us the opportunity to draft a final report.

So in our next meeting, I'm going to be able to update you more clearly on this particular topic and regarding our next steps. Thank you very much, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Lilian. And yes, I've been part of the discussions that Lilian has had with NextGen and with Siranush and [inaudible] the leaders of [inaudible]. So I think that that's going to be really quite exciting, to see what the social media [inaudible] have actually done up until now. It's been really gathering momentum, and At-Large is getting a lot of—encouraging more people from At-Large to participate and just become involved. I really do thank the Social Media Working Group for their amazing contributions that they're making to the work that we're doing overall, not just—because it's leading up to each of the meetings, and the sorts of things that are happening in-between meetings has also been given some [inaudible]. Thank you, everyone, for everything [the group has done.]

Okay, so what we're working on now is looking at next steps. If you want to keep tabs on developments that are happening with regards to planning, the link is in the chat, but you'll be able to see how things are progressing when we are getting ourselves ready. And as Gisella said, we've got to get—our final contributions to this meeting have to be in by next Friday. So if anything pops up that somebody wants to include, you've got to let us know. Otherwise, it's as is, and any spaces are free time for people to participate in public sessions, but [inaudible]. So that gives everyone an opportunity to keep up with what we're planning and to become involved.

Are there any other questions or queries? I note that we will have our next call at the same time next week, and things should be a little bit [more firm] and then we can move on from there. But I do like that idea of perhaps using that opportunity for one of our working groups [inaudible] how they can incorporate breakout groups into [inaudible] so that everyone gets [inaudible] can help others as we progress into the [inaudible] we've been talking about for ages and we should really do it. Thank you.

So, if no one has got [inaudible] hands are up, no other questions or queries at this particular point in time. Okay, well, I'll give you back four minutes of your time. I hope you have an enjoyable day, evening, whatever, and [inaudible]. Thank you. Bye.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks all.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all for joining. This meeting is now adjourned. [Please enjoy] the rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]