
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 70 Planning Committee call on Thursday, the 28th of January, 2021 at 18:00 UTC. On the call today, on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dave Kissoondoyal, Jonathan Zuck, Judith Hellerstein, Matthias Hudobnik, Sebastien Bachollet, and Yrjo Lansipuro. On the Spanish channel, we have Lilian Ivette De Luque. And on the French, we have Michel Tchonang Linze.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. We have Spanish and French interpretation on today's call. Our Spanish interpreters are Paula and Marina and our French interpreters are Isabelle and Claire.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state your name before taking the floor every time so that the interpreters can identify on the other language channels and for transcription purposes as well. A friendly reminder to please keep your microphone muted when not speaking to prevent any background noise. Thank you very much and with this, I turn the call over to Maureen. Maureen, if you're speaking, you are on mute.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes. I am. Thank you very much, Claudia. I just said something about the background noise. Okay. So we have got a busy schedule today. And I think it's just, first of all, the time for making a few decisions about what we get involved in and what else people want to do. So I think we'd

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

better just get into it. There is, of course, the LACRALO GA, General Assembly, which I think we need to be mindful of when we're actually planning our sessions.

Okay. First of all, is there anything ...? I know there's a few bits and pieces here in the agenda. But is there anything that anyone else would like to raise, to add to this while we're going through it? Okay No hands. Okay. That's good. Let's just start. Let's just pick things up as we go.

Right. So how about Gisella, since she's [inaudible]. if you could go through that block schedule and production timeline, what we have to do and when. I see you've got all of that in there anyway. But just give an update. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, thank you for turning it over. So there's no major update from last week. But if anyone did miss last week's call, the upcoming important dates are the 1st to the 12th of February. Claudia, thank you very much. You can stay on this document. It's absolutely fine. The 1st to the 12th of February, which starts next week, which is when we need to submit the meeting forms, we do have two weeks to submit the forms.

And the SO/AC leads are working closely on an internal document. And I'm waiting for the other groups to put their meetings there, to avoid any clashes. And I will then circulate to this group a Google document, which we will be using, which will be our internal scheduling document. So it will be done before tomorrow.

And then, on the 11th of February, the SO/AC leaders have a production call with ICANN Org and therefore, also, no doubt we need to set the plenary topics, which were due in last Friday. And we haven't had an update yet on which of the plenary topics are, which are going to be on the Tuesday and the Thursday. And as you've noticed, the plenary slots are ... One will be an afternoon session, Cancun time, and one will be a morning session Cancun time, again to accommodate the various time zones.

So those are the major timelines that we're working towards. And again, once we've submitted our meeting forms, it's literally to hold the slots. What we then put in the slots, and the titles, and finalizing the agendas, we then will have a couple of weeks after those timings to get everything finalized. But at the end of the day, it's deciding how many sessions we would like, ideally, how many sessions in one day, and then place them to make sure that we avoid any major conflicts with the other groups, and then take it from there on to the fine tuning.

But as long as I submit the forms ... And again, if we submit one or two extra sessions, it's easier to submit a form than to have a late request. We can cancel. That's very easy to do. But to submit a late request, that will be very tricky. And again, it's only a four-day meeting so it's probably going to be very busy, and hence, us working on the weeks before the ICANN 70 meeting to try and have additional sessions.

Maureen, would you like me to touch on the interpretation the weeks before? There's been a slight change which may assist us with our planning.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I was going to mention that but you can do that. Thanks.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. So everyone on this call may recall that before an ICANN meeting, we have a cutoff date for interpretation, which means that usually, a couple of weeks before an ICANN meeting, we no longer have interpretation, due to the fact that the interpreters are traveling to and from the meeting. And then, we usually have one week after an ICANN meeting where interpretation is not available.

We did have, during 2020, a similar format. And that was due to the fact that the interpreters were being trained on the new platform. Now that we are using the same platform and that the interpreters are fully-trained, and that there is no travel involved, we have far more flexibility. We've been told—I've been in touch with language services—the week of the 1st of March is a week that we can use, as well as the week of the 15th of March.

Why I've left out the week of the 8th of March is that that is—and we don't yet have a schedule—prep week. Prep week, the schedule will be released at a later stage. And that will essentially be a series of webinars to prepare us for ICANN 70 and/or for general updates. We, at this stage, have one webinar scheduled, which is the ICANN 70 At-Large What to Expect. We will raise the social media webinar afterwards. I may hand that over to Maureen, to see how she wishes to handle that one, which hasn't yet been finalized in what we call prep week, which again is the week of the 8th of March.

However, we've got the week of the 1st of March and the week of the 15th of March, the week of the 15th of March being between prep week and the ICANN 70 week itself, to have calls, webinars, whatever we wish to do. That will be our regular webinar rooms. It will be run by us. It will not be Meetings Team running it. We will have interpretation available. So it allows us far more flexibility, as opposed to trying to get everything into ICANN 70 week or to use prep week, which in any case, at this stage, we have one secured slot, the second one to be confirmed.

I thought I'd just give a little update, as this is a change for us and a very good change. And hopefully, we'll be able to utilize this extra time. Thank you. Over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Gisella. Judith, your hand's up. You may have the floor.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. So I love the new change, Gisella. Is there a chance ... Can we use RTT during the meeting time or are we blocked again?

GISELLA GRUBER: Judith, during ICANN 70, I don't believe we're getting RTT but they are working on the Zoom feature. So that will be available. So that's the captioning through Zoom. With regards to the weeks before and after, I just need to confirm that with you because this is pretty hot-off-the-press for me. And I just now need to make sure that we're working on finalizing the details on the weeks that we can use it, the 1st and the 15th, to make sure that we have the regular services, which would

include RTT as we have at the moment. So, that is taken as an action item and I will let you know as soon as we hear back from Language Services. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That's great. Thank you for the question, Judith, and thank you for that follow-up that's going to be taking place, Gisella. I guess for me, when I was given that news, I think it's ... For prep week, which is the official prep week, which is two weeks—I think March the 8th starts—with no interpretation. I think it's important that if we have anything prep week, I would prefer that it was in the week before conference week because we must have interpretation.

So anything that we are running outside of ICANN70, I'd really like to see that it's in that week. I guess we have to do our normal introduction during prep week—the official prep week. But that just means that it's going to be English only. So I guess it's prep for ... Actually, Heidi, when they actually have ... ICANN actually runs a session where you actually are ... Why am I saying actually?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Would you give us presentation on what At-Large is going to be doing? We could have our own introduction to the ICANN 70 and you could do the official one during prep week. What do you reckon?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Maureen. So you're speaking about the policy briefing that happens during prep week.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So what I think that you might be suggesting is that we would hold the policy briefing during the prep week. And then, I'm happy to mention that the week after, the At-Large will be going into more details within their own Welcome to ICANN 70 webinar, as well as the social media webinar. So that might be a good succession of how we do these calls.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. That's what I was thinking, is that we could do ours. And it's got interpretation. It's got all these things that we need for our community. And I think that what we're going to be doing is for our community anyway, and the wider, if someone [inaudible]. But it is important that interpretation and everything else is actually available.

So it makes it, for us in At-Large, it would be the week before conference week for our extra things that we're taking out of the conference program and putting it into that week—so splitting it over the two weeks. But the official things that we've got to make decisions about how we're going to be involved, that would be ... Judith?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. Quick question again. Last time, I remember we were able to use RTT during prep week. Would that be the same? We didn't have interpretation but we had RTT.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think that's what Gisella's going to be asking anyway, about what is available during ICANN's prep week, what is two weeks before conference.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. I thought she was just going to ask about RTT during the conference.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, she can ask about both—the use of RTT.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Okay. Great. So Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. The other thing that's happening is they've agreed to expand the number of sessions that are simulcast to YouTube, which I think is

exciting news for us. But it might be unsustainable if we are unsuccessful at recruiting people to be on the YouTube channel. So it's a service that they won't bother doing at the numbers that did it last time.

But there's a lot of good reasons why it wasn't that popular last time, because nobody knew when it was going to be and it was a last-minute thing, etc. So I just want to put out there that if that's something we want to continue to use or want ICANN to continue to provide, we need to do a good job of promoting that as a watch-only alternative for folks around the world that don't have great bandwidth, etc. Otherwise, I think ICANN will stop doing it. So it's just something to consider.

And this discussion about RTT made me think of that. One of the ways that we can change the conversation about RTT is maybe actively recruiting in communities that would really make use of it, too. So I don't know. Just something to think about, that we might need to do some broader recruiting prior to the meeting to think about how to show ICANN the value of these services. Just a thought.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. We must raise that, actually, in the SO/AC chairs meeting, that they are a little bit more explicit about when we can use it and when they're going to provide it. We'll add that to the conversation, anyway. Okay. That's looking a little bit more—getting a little bit more structure around all the other logistical things that are important to us and our delivery to our community during these virtual sessions.

But one of the things, I know that Gisella's going to be setting up the normal program for these four days. But I quite like seeing the block schedule. And I'd like to see, as we're creating that normal schedule that we have a block so we can see where things are going, where there might be ...

If we can have a block created like this with UTC times, not Cancun times, so we all know what we're talking about ... I have no idea what that is. It just gives us a summary of what else is going that we don't want to conflict with and where the LACRALO session's going to be, so that we actually create our other sessions around it and we get a one-stop-shop view of what is actually happening and what's happening for At-Large, what are the important sessions from other communities that we want to be part of, LACRALO, and then our stuff.

Is that possible, Gisella, so when we're going to the block schedule, we're going to our block schedule [that works] for us, things like down at the bottom, just so that we know what else is going on, but they've actually got a specific time, so that we don't conflict? Is that okay? Another action item? Anyone?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Gisella, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No. I wasn't. Oh. Gisella's on mute. Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Yes. Noted. And what I'll do is we'll have a Google document, just the same, with the block schedule, with the times in UTC and with one like that will be At-Large and one that will be the other sessions, as I don't believe many session will be overlapping at all with what is happening. But I'll try and make it as comprehensive as possible. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That'll be good. Google Doc and we can just get into it and have a look and see. Okay. That sounds awesome. Can we go back to the agenda again?

Righty, righty, righty. Okay. Yeah. Our approach is going to be minimalistic, minimalistic in that there is a focus, first of all, on LACRALO sessions. There's a focus on what's important in other parts of the ICANN community that we need to be involved, and then what is on top for us that we want to include into it.

[Utmost] now is, I think, our prep week—things that we ... For example, during that prep week, where working groups want to have meetings or that kind of stuff, we can hold that if we need to—if we absolutely have to—in that week of the 15th so that we can actually take it out of ICANN. Jonathan, question, query?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yes. And I don't know if this is the right time to bring it up and I apologize if it isn't. But when we were talking about prep week and pre-

prep week, etc. ... I missed the last one of these calls because I didn't get onto the list until recently.

And at the last webinars call, Heidi mentioned that on the last one of these calls, you had raised the possibility of wanting a webinar in prep week or nearby on giving better presentations online—a new and improved version of what we did prior to the last meeting. And I just wanted to confirm if that was something that had come up, and if it's something that would be helpful, and if so, when would it be most helpful to do?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes. That is correct was had assigned that to you. And I can't remember who raised it but it was considered an important part of our preparation. But I think that, really, leaving it until prep week is actually a little bit late. I think it should be earlier, if we can do it, so that when people are actually preparing their sessions, they're a little bit more mindful of their presentations.

So I think it Hadia was going to ... Was Hadia going to include it into her webinar program? I know that there's a few extras, over and above the formal program that Hadia is planning for the Capacity Building webinars. And there are some additional ones being added because we don't want to overwhelm people with webinars, even if they're training and preparation for the meeting. But I think it's really important that we have it before, just so that they can, when they're planning, actually incorporating those sorts of things into it. Cheryl, please take the floor. Muted, Cheryl?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: We can't hear Cheryl.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Cheryl, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If someone would stop muting me, it'd be great. I've now got to hold my finger on the spacebar to keep the mute open. Right. Okay. I don't normally have to hold my spacebar down. But I am joining by browser, for whatever reason.

Okay. So Maureen, first of all, I think it's really sweet that you believe people, in a volunteer capacity, have so much time between now and the beginning of March to be preparing presentations for what they're going to do at an ICANN meeting that they need the advance planning for the training. I'm also not sure whether or not you're going to even find the time to fit it in. We've got the social media one coming up, of the webinar series. What is it? 14th or 15th of Feb.

Prep week is well ahead of the meeting. If it can't be done until the earliest part of prep week, I don't see a downside. I do actually appreciate that we need to do this continued in-service training and building of skills. I'd love to see that as just a continual process, as opposed to, "Oh, hell. There's a meeting coming. We need to do it again."

Because I do agree. Prior planning is better. I'm just very cognizant that we're beginning February next week and that doesn't leave a lot of time to squeeze things in. But I also think it's ... I'd love to meet all these people, that five or six weeks before an ICANN presentation, have their presentations ready. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thanks. You're right. We do have the 1st of March and the 15th of March when there is going to be interpretation. That's all. And I was thinking more of that, that our normal—what we're planning when to have our thing is actually the week before because that's when there is interpretation. But there is the 1st of March week when that's ... And that's two weeks before. So there are those two opportunities.

And people have asked for it. I think we should provide it. And it is ... I think that if Jonathan can do something in either of those weeks ... I prefer the earlier one for this particular session. And it should be something that, I think, the social media group can really promote amongst their community so that any presentations actually include the sorts of things that Jonathan demonstrates within his webinar are important. So yeah. We'll work on that one, when it suits Jonathan as well. But thanks for raising that Jonathan and we'll work with you on that.

So we are looking at times. And there you go. You can actually see what ... I see that the New Zealand times are there. So you can see what time zone I will be in during Cancun week, starting at 3:00 AM. That's my time. So everyone else will be enjoying other times, too.

But I think that for me, although that's a horrible time for me for starting, I don't think it's too bad. Midnight for Australia. But the rest of [inaudible] community, that's being very selfish in thinking APRALO. I think that there's late night. It's an excellent [inaudible] to enter into the overnight time for the rest of the time. But we've just got to go with the flow. Any questions or queries about the time? Not that we can actually change anything. No. Okay. Good.

Plenary sessions, number four. Plenary sessions. Okay. We were amongst the first to actually put in our submissions. And Jonathan has also sent them some extra information. And normally, we're being asked to vote in our own [inaudible] because they're leaving it pretty late to be asking us for ...

But looking at what we've got here. Now, Gisella, I see that you've still got that comment that you made with regards to NCSG. But did you ever get to a topic from them?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen. Sorry. No. Just completely ignored the NCSG. My bad from last week's call.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That's all right. So does that mean that we've only had three suggestions and two of them are ours? I haven't been given any updates. And Tanz usually, if there's anything new, she usually [gets that across to everybody]. Maybe everyone's really slow on the uptake as well. So we just have to wait. But as I said before, anything from At-

Large that doesn't make a plenary, I'm sure we could actually incorporate into our own plenaries.

And similarly, for the cross-community discussion. Maybe this is the one that Jonathan did something on. And also, Matthias wanted to build a session using NextGen and Fellowship, getting their perspective of that—[picture of the internet]. So I thought that was a good one. But I've yet to see any formal ... Oh! Here we go. Matthias, do you want to do a little bit of an explanation? Because I think it's a great session but we need a little bit of a proposal so we can [inaudible].

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Hello. Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We can hear you. Thank you.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Great. Thank you. Yeah. First of all, thank you for giving me the mic. I missed the last call so I do not know how far have you discussed anything about this session. But my idea was to organize or chair a session about Next Generation within internet governance and a kind of roundtable, with different young folks who are active in various stakeholder groups or constituencies and talk a bit about the future of ICANN, and internet governance, and also put it together, maybe with the ICANN Fellowship and the NextGen program. So currently, I'm trying to liaise with some potential speakers. Yeah. This would be my idea, in very short terms. Of course, I'm always open for suggestions.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Matthias. Yes. That's excellent. And I think, too, it might ... We're actually getting a meeting organized with social media, and the Fellowship, and NextGen, with Siranush and Deborah. So it might be interesting for you to come along and be a fly on the wall to see what is actually being done and how you might incorporate what you're planning into this session, to keep you informed.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Yeah. It's a very good idea. I'm already in contact with Deborah but I will also talk to Siranush, since I know her, also, from the Fellowship program, since I did the Fellowship and the NextGen, and the Ambassador program—so all the programs. I will talk to them and also ask them for a little bit of input, what they think.

And also, I know some folks which started with me, which already, they're actively involved in the GNSO, for example, and also here in our at-large community. And then, I will liaise with them if they ever want to contribute. And I think it will be a very interesting session, the first time that we have some younger people and it might be a good thing. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excellent. And I thank you very much for initiating that. And yes, action item to include Matthias into that meeting that we're going to have, please, Heidi. Yes, of course. There's a queue waiting here, starting with Hadia. Hadia?

HADIA ELMINIAMI: Thank you Maureen. So first, I'm not sure if we missed the deadline for submitting ideas for the plenary. But if we have not, I would suggest a plenary under the title, ICANN Multistakeholder Model, associated with the increase in national legislations and regulations. And this actually matches with the Board-identified trends. So if we don't have something similar, I think it is relevant. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's great. If you'd like to put in a proposal, perhaps with Marita and others from the OFB Working Group. I sure we that we could probably get ... But we need to have a full proposal by this stage to give to Tanz, as long as it's there before the next week, which is February 11th. Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Maureen. Hopefully my mute button's working. Yes! A couple things, working backwards. Hadia, yes. I think that'd be well worthwhile, throwing that one in as a possible plenary. Just make sure, in the design of it, that you don't just stick to one regional area because the different approaches, if we just stick to certain parts of Africa, or Asia, or Europe. I think it'd be great if we can get a real cross-regional input on that. And that'll make it a really solid proposal.

But Matthias, if I may ... And I'm absolutely supportive of what Matthias is proposing. But Matthias, just so you get a greater likelihood of support for this as a plenary from people beyond At-Large, play up the

DNS and ICANN-specific aspects of it. What I heard was very much, “IGF, IGF, IGF, internet governance, internet governance.” And if I’m hearing that, believe me, other people will balk at it. So I’m not saying that it’s not important as a general internet governance space. It is. But for an ICANN meeting, it’s got to be pitched at ICANN-specific and ICANN remit. And I think you can do. I’m absolutely sure we can. And happy to help in any way possible.

It’s exactly the same as I’ve just said to Hadia. Make sure that you’ve not just—and Siranush should be well and truly able to help you—that you’ve got a good cross-regional selection. But also, if you possibly can, showcase, in whatever role, one or more speakers from the youth perspective, from the NextGen, or Fellowship, or all of the above, as you are, out of the region we’re working in. It’s always good when you’re in, for example, as we are the LACRALO region, to have people recognizing self. So with those two little bits of polish, I’m hopeful it’ll get through as a great plenary. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excellent. Heidi, do you mind if we have Matthias write this one?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Absolutely.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Matthias?

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Cheryl, that's a very good point. My idea was absolutely focusing on ICANN, on DNS, and not just to say a very straightforward, blah, blah, blah session. So I definitely want to focus on the DNS system and ICANN policy and bring the voices of people which are involved already, for example, in the GNSO, doing policy there, or from other constituencies so that we focus definitely on ICANN. I think that's very important. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Matthias and Cheryl. And I think this is an example of how we can improve the quality of the productions that we present at ICANN. And all these inputs are totally, totally valuable. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Thank you. And Matthias, I'm hearing a lot about At-Large and greater incorporation or collaboration with the Fellows and the NextGen. Some of you may have heard that Lilian, who is now leading the social media, as well as the outreach and engagement activities as we go into ICANN 70 ... And I'm also hearing from some RALOs that there's an increased wish to work closer with youth.

So I'm just wondering if there might be ... These activities are fantastic. But then, maybe post-ICANN 70, there might be a little bit of thought put into a strategy on how At-Large could, more institutionally and more strategically incorporate the Fellows and the NextGen. Just some thoughts there. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excellent. Thank you. Okay. Great discussion here. So we're moving on. Number five is initial discussion of policy issues to be discussed in addition to plenaries. Okay. And it's got my name down. Well, hello. That'll be Jonathan. Jonathan, have you had any other ... Hang on. Matthias? No. Old hand. Do you have anything of import that you think that we haven't included yet but you'd like to have included? But we'll have Matthias first because see is hand up. And no doubt, it's about the other sessions. Matthias?

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Thank you, Maureen. Heidi, that's a very good point. Actually, at the last physical meetings, we always had a session. So I was always attending a NextGen session where I was speaking for 60 minutes with Mark Datysgeld. Maybe you know him as well. He was also NextGen and is now very active in the Business Constituency. And we always had an outreach session where I talked about At-Large and the possible engagement opportunities and he talked a little bit about his constituency. So we already did this before.

But now, due to the virtual meetings, it was not doable anymore because they had, in the programs, a lot of sessions, particularly to the Fellow and NextGen program. And then, they blocked that out with this talk. But maybe in the future, we will host it again. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Jolly good. Okay. Jonathan, anything that jumps out at you as something that's absolutely important to include into the program? Is there anything being raised as—

JONATHAN ZUCK: Do you mean just generally or do you mean as part of this policies, issues that we discussed?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no. Not policies, as part of our plenaries. Is there anything that's jumping out for obvious inclusion into our ... Because we haven't had any ... Apart from these, which are our involvement in the wider community program, we haven't actually had any topics raised. I think Joanna's got a topic. But it hasn't been included here yet and we should have.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah. Those first two under plenary sessions are the ones that I submitted up-front. I guess I heard Gisella say something early in the call that we may have missed the deadline for submitting them formally. I don't know if they've been submitted formally as plenaries. I saw them as either being plenaries or cross-community sessions that we would just have ourselves. But they seem like good candidates for ...

So those are the ones I had submitted. I don't know of other good plenary topics. Those are the two that I thought of for this session. I was trying to walk away from DNS abuse for one meeting because we're getting under the skin, maybe, too much of the CPH. And they're trying in involve us in other meetings, etc. But those are the two that I had informally suggested. But it sounds like, from Heidi, that we may have

missed the opportunity to submit them as actual plenaries. So they may be discussions that we try to plan ourselves.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Now, the topics that we actually have there are topics that have been submitted for the ICANN plenaries and the cross-community discussions. I was the one who said that if they don't make those—because they haven't been decided on yet—then we'll easily make them our own.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Yeah. I think there's a formal and an informal submission. And I'm not—because I know I didn't do it so I suspect that no one else did, which is submit them formally. There's a form to fill out. This tripped us up last time. And I apologize. I missed the deadline on this. I didn't even know when the deadline was until I heard Gisella mention it today, that it has gone by. So it's possible that these plenary topics have not been actually submitted, just so you know, which means they won't get chosen. So we may just need to schedule them into our own thing right now.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. Sure. We can. But we haven't had any other ... That's what we were discussing earlier is that we haven't had any other suggestions. Apart from what's there, there have been no other topic suggestions, even as topics. We're not getting options.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Who's we? We you say "we haven't," what do you mean?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Tanzania, for the SO/AC chairs' meeting.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh. I see. So you think they're still on the table, even though we haven't submitted them formally?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think so.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Or Giseslla can—

JONATHAN ZUCK: Last time, that ended up being a big crime that we had submitted them late.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, yes. I know. We had a big [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK: So I don't know what the story is. So we may need to send Heidi or Gisella in to find out whether or not these are still on the table and if we need to do the more formal descriptions of them.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Gisella has actually been ... She's having discussion with Tanzania. And we're expecting something over the next few days but nothing's come in.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. Because they did send around the form. I just never got around to doing it and I didn't know what the deadline was. Again, I think it's possible that we're in the doghouse again.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. No. But at least we put in some topics. These others haven't even put in topics.

JONATHAN ZUCK: In the first place. That's right.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So again, [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK: And I specifically avoided DNS abuse to make it a little smoother.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We're being kind to everybody. Surely we must do at least one of those of our own plenaries.

JONATHAN ZUCK: So, can either Heidi or Gisella reach out to Tanzania and find out if there's still an opportunity to put these in formally, then. Or I can reach out to her—whatever you think is best.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, Gisella's actually doing the formal communications with that team so she's the one to give that to.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Gisella, can you reach out to Tanzania and make sure that we still an opportunity to submit these formally, since we haven't?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Hi, Jonathan. I'll see what we can do. But I was just following up on the plenary session topics with Tanzania and asking when we would have the final list of them because there are only two plenaries during ICANN 70. And apparently, she said that she's waiting for the description of our two proposals, which is Registry Voluntary Commitments: Practicality and Enforceability; and then Applicant Support: What Does Success Looks like?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Right.

GISELLA GRUBER: And once she has those descriptions, then she's going to submit four topics for the SO/AC leaders for a vote.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. So you're saying we haven't missed the deadline then?

GISELLA GRUBER: No. The deadline was last Friday. But in order for us to move forward with this, as in now to find out which are the final topics, she will put it to a vote to the SO/AC leaders. She does need a description for the two that we've submitted. And are those the two you [inaudible] then?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. When is that meeting?

GISELLA GRUBER: The meeting with the SO/AC leaders is on the 11th of February. But she's going to send an email [further] to the survey. And the survey deadline was last Friday. And what she's saying is that with the four topics that she has, two of which are the At-Large ones, which I've just mentioned, she needs a description so that she can send it out to the SO/AC lists and then they'll vote on it. And then, the next planning call is on the 11th of February but she would like to have all those tied up beforehand.

JONATHAN ZUCK: All right. Well, I'll go ahead and submit the descriptions. Like I said, last time there was a big bruhaha because of this very thing. So if I can put a pin in this, it would be great if we were less passive about just hearing from these things and instead, have you managed this directly. If you know that we have sessions we're trying to propose and we have an impending deadline, it would be good to get reminded to get this stuff in, in time. Because that deadline just came and went without me even realizing there was a deadline. So I appreciate it. But I'll do them this time.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Jonathan. And apologies if there was any confusion. I'm just sending you the email again, just to make sure that it's on the top in your inbox.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks.

GISELLA GRUBER: And then, I'll follow up with you. And I've already told Tanzania that we're working on it so she should have it, too. Thank you.

JONATHAN ZUCK: All right. Thanks a lot.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Okay next. We've got 10 more minutes, LACRALO General Assembly. Have we got somebody—is Sergio here?—just to give us a brief overview on that? We've got a few more minutes.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes. We have Sergio.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Great. Thank you, Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Hello, everyone. If I may, let me tell you how we are organizing our General Assembly. The General Assembly will be divided into four stages. The fourth stage or phase involves a social event. But the first three are the General Assembly development proper. During the prep week, we are going to have a first week ... The interpreter is apologizing but we are getting an overlapping with another conference call.

FEMALE INTERPRETER: Sergio is trying to speak in English but we, the interpreters, are hearing voices from another conference call. I kindly request technical support on this.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Sergio, or myself, or Lilian can do the presentation.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That might be helpful. Claudia, why is there that confusion and that conflict between another conference call and ours?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Either if Sergio is on another meeting or if his microphone is unmuted. I'm trying to figure that out with the operator right now.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Well perhaps, we could just mention that we'll have Vanda give an overview because we've got a few minutes. Vanda?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I can talk again. What Sergio was supposed to present is the same line we have talked last meeting. We have two sessions during the prep meeting, one for capacitation, another for [Virtual] Assembly. And then, we have a general meeting during the slot inside the ICANN meeting itself. And we're going to have the social event during one of those end-of-the-day networking. I don't know exactly when but we are organizing this event to be interesting for everyone. I guess Silvia can complement, if she wants to.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes. This is Silvia. Vanda, I can add that we are coordinating with a consultant, David Plum, to determine the week of the capacity building event, which may be during the prep week or may be, as well, before or

after. So, we are still coordinating the timing. And this capacity building will be to strengthen skills needed for LACRALO members to participate in policy matters within the ALAC. So thank stay tuned for that date and we will coordinate in the upcoming.

And then, the Virtual GA will be during prep week. And that's, as normal, [the regional] matters and then, guest speaker, our executives—Göran, Maarten, Leon, Lita, Rodrigo de la Parra—to speak about LACRALO. This is part of the day one of the General Assembly. Thank you, Vanda.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Vanda and Silvia. I think that when you say it's going to be held during the prep week, I assume not the ICANN prep week when there's no interpretation—either the 1st of March week or the 15th of March week. So it would be interesting to see when we've got all our other programs so we can coordinate everything and people know when those are events are going to be because we do want to [attend that, too]. Okay. Thank you very much for that.

And so we're at the bottom of our program, are we not? Can you just scroll up a bit, please, Claudia, so we can see what's ...? Okay. So next steps. Well, we've got some action items. Gisella, can you just go over the action items so that we know what we're going to be doing? Thanks, Cheryl. Seen that. Action items for ... So, At-Large webinars on the intro to ICANN 70, like the normal, and the social media, as scheduled the week following prep week. Yes. They're in-between times. It's really

unusual that they should do that. But the fact that they're actually offering a week of interpretation is actually really good for us.

Do people hear that little crackling noise or is it just me?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No. We can hear it. Is it your headphones, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I don't think so.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Oh. It's from Adigo.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Yeah. That's for everybody.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Adigo's messing up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Can that be silenced? Okay. So Jonathan's got some work to do with regards to ... First of all, he's going to find out when he can do that

presentation, that skills webinar. Jonathan also has work to do on the descriptions for the presentations for the plenaries.

Matthias is going to work on his plenary. I think that Matthias was originally a cross-community one. It can be an At-Large plenary, but cross-community in that people from across the Fellows and NextGen who are working from across the community. So, it could be a cross-community one. Matthias, if you can get your proposal in, that's going to be really important for them to actually decide where it might go. One of ours is great.

Okay. ICANN 70. What's "Maureen Hilyard to invite Göran to an ALAC meeting?" Why is that in ICANN 70 Planning Committee? He'll just invite himself anyway. But I'm happy to help [with this].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just two quick points. I know we have another call right now. But I'll change that. I'm not sure why. You should not be inviting Göran. We can do that for you.

Just really quickly on Matthias'. I'm sorry. I've likely misled Matthias. We were chatting behind the scenes here. And I thought the choices were

either and ICANN plenary, which we've passed the deadline, or an At-Large plenary. If he was talking about a cross-community session, I think that would be okay. We just need to know pretty quickly.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, it was originally put into the cross-community thing. I don't know what the difference is and what the expectations are for it. But I do realize that a proposal is [inaudible]. And he's going to be working on that. And of course, we will—

HEIDI ULLRICH: So just to confirm, we're going to now wait for the descriptions for the two ICANN plenaries that have been submitted. We're also now going to submit the titles and the descriptions for two more, one from Jonathan, one from Hadia. And then, we're going to have Matthias' be a cross-community session. Is that correct? So, at this point, we have no—

JONATHAN ZUCK: Heidi, I don't have two more. I'm just doing these two, to my knowledge, that were already submitted. I'm just doing the description for them. I don't have a third one to suggest.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Perfect. So it's just Hadia who will now submit one more for an ICANN plenary? It sounds like. Okay. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. If she wants to do that, she's really got to do a proposal. That's the multistakeholder model one? Yes. That would be down there as well, as action items. So if you could fill those in, that would be really, really good so we know exactly what we're doing. Matthias?

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Hello. Heidi, I think, as we mentioned before, it should be a cross-community session. I think this might be meaningful because it will be different stakeholders involved. So that's good. Just to let you know. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And it was actually listed as cross-community discussion. Yeah. Thank you. So those are old hands, Heidi and Matthias. Anything else? No. Oh. We've got lots of things to—or some people have got lots to do. So when's our next meeting? Two weeks? One week? Who's keeping track of this?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Hi, Maureen. I'm not sure if we're meeting once a week or every two weeks. But it looks like the time is set to 17:00 UTC to avoid a conflict with the Capacity Building Webinars Team and the GNSO session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. So it's next week, basically the same. No. It's 7:00. Sorry. It's an hour earlier than today's meeting.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Correct. Next week, 17:00 UTC. Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Let's set it to that, then. Right. Thank you very much. Okay. Thank you very much for your contributions. It's been an interesting and a very valuable discussion for us.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Bye, everyone.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Bye, everyone. Thank you.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you, everyone, for joining the call. This meeting is now adjourned. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]