
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 70 Planning Committee Call on Thursday, 21 January 2021, at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Joanna Kulesza, Raymond Mamattah, and Vanda Scartezini. On the Spanish channel, we have Lilian Ivette De Luque, and on the French channel we have Michel Linze. We have received apologies from Alberto Soto.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. We also have Yrjö Länsipuro on the line. Our Spanish interpreters for today are Claudia and Veronica, and our French interpreters are Aurélie and Isabelle.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please keep their microphones muted while not speaking to prevent any background noise and to please state your name when taking the floor so that the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels. Thank you very much. And with this, I turn the call over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Claudia, and welcome everyone who is here today. We've got just perhaps a little bit more information about how things are going to happen for the virtual ICANN 70 program, what has been proposed by ICANN with regards to the [blocks.]

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

We're very keen to actually hear what people might be offering, wanting to offer for the meeting. But at the same time, we do have the LACRALO GA on. Something that we learned [inaudible] last meeting we had EURALO doing their [inaudible] conversations at their GA. [inaudible].

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Maureen, so sorry to interrupt. The interpreters are having a very hard time hearing you. I'm not sure if it's your microphone or if you're moving around a lot, but we're quite a bit of interference.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, I don't think so. Okay, I'll just [bring] my microphone a bit up. I've got a bit of a croaky voice this morning, you probably notice [inaudible]. [inaudible] hear me better now?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: One moment. They're responding. No, there's still bad audio from you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, that's okay.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Should we perhaps dial out to you?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is it better if I don't use the headphones, my usual headphones? Is it better this way?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Let's try without it. I'm asking. One moment. I think it sounds a little better now.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yeah, that sounds better. Can you speak up please so we can hear it?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Obviously, my expensive headphones have become useless. Is that better, Claudia, for the interpreters?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Much better now.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm not hearing anything.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: They're asking if you could just talk a little bit more please so we can test it. Okay, I think it's a little bit better now. Thank you. Can you [inaudible]?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly. This is why I was hoping that the headphones would work because it actually does help to reduce that [noise].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's not Fred.

MAUREEN HILYARD: But I'm not hearing anything from the....

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's another noise on the line.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm not getting any [inaudible] audio back.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yeah, can you...I don't know if maybe you want to....

MAUREEN HILYARD: Shall I dial in again or something?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Are you able to hear me, Maureen?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I don't think she can hear us. I think she has to change the audio back out of headphones.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I'm not getting any audio back. Since I took the headphones out, I haven't heard any audio. Okay, sorry. Can you just bear with me? I'll just go back into Zoom again and see if that makes a difference.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, I've had this if you change your audio, the thing doesn't recognize. It keeps trying to use your old one.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Gisella, is there anything you would like to say in the meantime while we get Maureen reconnected?

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Claudia. Just confirming you can hear me?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, we can hear you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Claudia. Thank you. Maureen was starting on the approach for the scheduling for ICANN 70. As you can see, for those who are in the Zoom room, what we put for the agenda was the “Minimalistic Scheduling” and approach for ICANN 70. We do have a block schedule which the SO/AC leaders looked at last week this time, and we have brought ICANN 70 down to a four-day meeting running from Monday, the 22nd to Thursday, the 25th of March.

Claudia, if you could please display the block schedule, we can have a look at what is currently on the block schedule which we will be working around. We will also then just look at the production timeline. The main item for the production timeline is that a call for ICANN plenary topics has gone out now, and we will be discussing it today. You can see on the agenda that there already have been a few topics submitted to date, and whether we keep those ones.

And that is the main timeline. It is tomorrow, 22 January, at 07:00 UTC that ICANN Org needs to receive the topics if there are any additional ones. And then the following timeline which was quite important is the submission of the EMS forms, which is what I do once we have our draft schedule. And the initial submission of forms then still to be discussed as when the schedule takes better shape is happening after 12 February. But between the 1st and the 12th of February, all forms need to be submitted by 12 February.

Apologies. I’ve also now just lost connectivity with the Zoom room.

I'll bring up the block schedule. On the block schedule, as I mentioned, it is a four-day meeting. There are notes that I've put in it as well just to say that the plenary and the public forum, we are planning on those being non-conflicting. And you may see that we have plenaries at two different times. The ICANN meeting will be on Cancun time which is UTC -5. Note that on the graph block schedule it is actually Cancun time. When we work on our Google document which I will share with everyone over the next couple of days, it will have a UTC time as well as Cancun time as it's much easier for us, I believe, to think in UTC time as all our meetings are in UTC.

Maureen, I do notice that you're back. Can I hand it back to you?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry. It's obviously going to be one of those days. Thank you very much. I hope you can hear me clearly now. Can you?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: This is so much better.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Much better, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay, I'm using my old headset which apparently works. They weren't working before, but now they're better than the new ones. Okay, cool. And thank you very much for that, Gisella. That was great to have everyone see that new schedule because I think that ICANN has taken very much to heart the sorts of comments that actually came in as a result of the review that we all did about the previous three meetings, and it's actually not looking too bad from my perspective anyway.

And especially in light of the fact that going through the schedule is that we're looking at, as I mentioned, we were quite inspired, I think, by the EURALO sessions and the fact that a lot of the At-Large community joined into those sessions. And so this meeting with LACRALO having its GA, it really helps [consolidate for us the] diversity of our regions and acknowledging that and being a part of it.

So that, as I started to say before, we really are welcoming any sessions that people are considering for ICANN 70, even though I don't want to put too much pressure on people for this meeting. I think that after a whole year of Zoom meetings and virtual meetings and that kind of thing, it's taking its toll I think on a lot of people. But we've built up a reputation for some excellent sessions during the virtual ICANN meetings. We certainly don't want to lose that, but at the same time I'm not forcing people to actually put on too many sessions. Let's see what else is actually happening at ICANN and see if we can become a bigger part of that as well.

So that's what we'll be talking about. As Vanda indicated before, she has some feedback for us about the LACRALO meeting, so it will be

really good for everyone to hear what's going to be happening that we can all become a part of. So, yes, thank you, Vanda.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Yes, thank you. Well, since it's our region, we are preparing something. The first thing is in the week of 8-11 of March we have some [capacitation] area in Spanish and French and others. And this will be run for David Plumb and Jose Arce. This will be the beginning of webinars for 2021 in preparation of our general assembly, face-to-face we hope, in San Juan March 22. So this is a program that all the mentoring from the emeritus board will organize for that.

In the week of the ICANN meeting, 22 to 25, we're going to have the [annual] assembly. And we have some speeches from some guests, ICANN executives like Leon, Lito, Maarten, Rodrigo de la Parra. And these could be in the first time in the morning because we will be in our region, so the time will be comfortable for everybody here. So it's more important to have those allocated early in the morning.

And then we have a roundtable idea, a roundtable for any day about the strategy of our region, LACRALO, for the next five years. And of all to know, we are planning to have a virtual social event from our region that we are organizing for one networking time that we can choose which one is the best one. But it will be open to the community, of course. Thank you. These are just some things we have. Next Monday we'll close the general definition what is inside each one of those points because it's our monthly meeting next Monday night. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you so much, Vanda. That has been a wonderful introduction to our ICANN 70 meeting and just getting that rundown of all the exciting things that are actually going to be happening. I think this is one of the reasons why it would be a good opportunity for all the regions to participate and learn what is actually happening and what's on top for LACRALO. And, I think, inspired by the work that was done by EURALO at the last meeting, I think that has given us a great...for us as a region using this time really productively to promote the region but promote [inaudible] At-Large as well.

So let's get back to our agenda and we can go through what other things we need to cover. Thank you. So Gisella has already been through the block schedule, so we're seeing the prep week and a four-day program. And I think that's making things pretty tight but it just means that it's not being prolonged. And Gisella has also given us some deadlines with regards to whatever we want to do, we need to make sure that we get the production forms filled in and we'll try to keep on top of everything as we go through.

Prep week webinars, does anyone know anything about prep week webinars? Is that prep week webinars that ICANN is producing? Is that mainly ICANN staff? Have they got a schedule organized yet, Heidi or Gisella? Anyone?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, Maureen. Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I can. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: They are still planning the prep week, and they are asking that the SOs and ACs send in the meetings that they would like to hold through that prep week. Based on the past few virtual meetings, we're estimating or guessing that you would like to hold the At-Large ICANN 70 webinar "What to Expect." That's that overview that has been really successful over the last few meetings. As well as the social media event or call that we've held in the past.

In addition to those two, as Vanda mentioned, there will be two LACRALO sessions, primarily internal for LACRALO. They're primarily their training with David Plumb as well as their virtual general assembly itself, the meeting that goes over the plans for the year and their achievements this past year.

So those are the four meetings that At-Large will be holding during the prep week, and we're aiming to have all of them have that interpretation and the LACRALO calls to have interpretation in addition to English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, great. Great. I think in other ICANN meetings we've had an issue with that interpretation during that week but if that's part of the deal, that's excellent. So that's it then for the webinars for the prep week then. Just those four. Sounds good. Yeah, I think we'll just stick to that

unless there's someone who wants to jump up and down and say, "I want to do something." No? Great.

Now social media, that is one of the webinars, right? Is that an introduction to it, or is that the social media webinar that's being run as part of capacity building or is it [inaudible]?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

No, that's an additional one. The social media best practices is likely to be scheduled on 8 February, so that's coming up really quickly. This one—and I know that Lilian is on the call, so she might have more to say about that—but I know she has a lot of plans and I'm suspecting that this social media webinar during prep week will talk a lot about what's happening at ICANN 70, etc., and include other groups as well. But I'm not sure if Lilian has more to say on that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Lilian, do you want to have some input here and give us a little bit of an idea what you might be planning for that prep week webinar, please? If it's possible.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Lilian is on Spanish. One moment. Let me see if she's speaking.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Also in the meantime, we have Judith with her hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry, Judith. I didn't see that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I'm thinking maybe for the prep week Jonathan can give a little reminder talk about preparing presentations, preparing...viewing...you know, he has the whole thing with getting your room setup. You know, his excellent talk that he gave before. I think that's always helpful for people to remind themselves of how to get the most, best out of their presentations.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Do you remember that?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is Jonathan here on the meeting, on the call? All right, we can ask him. We can ask him. I was just wondering whether we do it during prep week or we do it before prep week.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Either one. Either way. I just think it would be a good idea.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that sounds good. I'll ask him what he thinks. Is Lilian ready?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, Lilian is ready. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, great. Thank you. Go ahead, Lilian.

LILIAN DE LUQUE: Good morning, everyone. Thanks for this opportunity to take the floor. I am having some issues with my Zoom room so I cannot raise my hand. But in any case, thanks for giving me the floor. Now I'm going to speak about the best practices for social media webinar. When it comes to this particular webinar, we have many things in progress. We have defined the date for the webinar. That is going to be on 8 February at 22:00 UTC, and this is going to be a 90-minute webinar.

Today we have a call with the capacity building webinar team. In the meantime, I have been contacting Alexandra Dans from the communications group at ICANN for the Latin American group and she's going to be the other speaker. We are now organizing the agenda, and the goals of this webinar in order to provide this information to Gisella and to the webinar team.

I also have the promo card for the promotion of this webinar. After this call, after we finish with the webinar team call and after the call that we

have next week, next week we are going to hold a meeting with the social media working group. So we are going to discuss all the activities that we have planned, and we're going to start with an execution plan for February and early March.

So this is what I can say so far. In the meantime, we are approving the activities, I'm going to update the planning committee in order to have a joint effort all together. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Lilian. I think we're all looking forward to the promotional activities that come out of the social media group and also just the promotions that you'll be doing, especially about the LACRALO activities. We've just seen some brilliant work come out of that working group, so we're looking forward to hearing more from you in our ICANN 70 meeting.

Okay, so moving on to the things that were planned just as Heidi mentioned. I think these are the things that we're actually looking at as probably written into the program as the key things, like the intro and the wrap-up, the beginning and end. It will probably seem like no sooner do we begin with four days, it's all over. So that makes it easier for us. We do have an ALAC and GAC meeting that's being planned as well, so that should be interesting. There's some good discussion there.

One of the things that I guess because our plenaries will be very [policy] related and it is important that we actually have some acknowledgement of the outreach and engagement, we'll look at that. I didn't want to have too many working groups, too much in the way of

working group activity during this because it's a very short meeting and anything that we can do ordinarily we'll do that. So we'll check on outreach and engagement. And I see the question mark there, and it's relevant.

Sorry, Yrjö, I just having had been talking about the ALAC/GAC meeting, it would be appropriate for you to have the floor. Thank you.

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO:

Yeah, thank you, Maureen. Yeah, on the ALAC/GAC meeting, I think that we have to tell the GAC our wishes on whether this should be during the ICANN 70 itself or outside that time period. My preference, of course, would be to have it during the ICANN 70.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, Yrjö, although we're cutting out a lot of things that we would normally do, I think our sessions with the GAC are really quite important and because they touch on some important policy areas for us and it's good, I think, for the community, the wider community, to see how the two advisory committees are working together and consolidating a lot of their common interest areas. So there has been some interesting discussion, and they're actually really keen for it to be [inaudible]. Any further comments on that, Yrjö?

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO:

Thank you. So I'll tell them that our preference would be to have it during the ICANN 70. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, thank you. Okay, getting back to the outreach and engagement, we will discuss with Daniel and the regional leaders about what we present. I don't want it to be an ordinary meeting. I want it to actually be something that is going to be a little bit more wider reaching than an ordinary meeting. So that's something that we'll be working on.

Which can be held in a normal teleconference? Okay, this is where we're thinking what else can we drop off from our program because there are not too many sessions. So we do have to look at how else can we cover some of the things that we would add into the program just for the sake of adding it in.

One of the things that we've been discussing is the amount of work that is required to go into, for example, even with the Board/ALAC meeting. In the discussions that we've been having, we've come to the conclusion that sometimes we do a lot of preparation going into these meetings and the Board responds very kindly but really nothing results from it.

For this particular meeting, we were actually looking at maybe having a Board/ALAC session outside of the meeting. Something that's a little bit more informal, something that we actually have more members involved in the discussion. It's not just the leadership. We probably have to get some idea of what people want to raise, but I think that sort of [inaudible] is going to be a lot more meaningful to At-Large. There may be something that they might want to speak with us about, but our thinking this time is not to have a formal Board/ALAC meeting during ICANN 70 and that we'll look at creating something.

I think I'm inspired a bit by having Göran come to an ALAC meeting and how valuable that was. And it wasn't just...it was more about At-Large as a community and his responding to those sorts of things. And I'd like to have that kind of meeting with the Board and have more of the community being able to ask questions. So it's one of the reasons why talking to Jonathan and Joanna and what can we drop off, I think that we can do that rather than making it as the normal...I mean, we haven't approached the Board yet to see what they feel about that, but I'm going to be talking to Göran next week anyway so I'll raise it with him.

And ccNSO, we often have a session with them. Again, it's one of those things that we can invite the ccNSO to an ALAC meeting. Actually, one of the things I want to do for an ALAC meeting, for example, is to introduce more people, more leaders from within the ICANN community into our sessions and have a guest speaker at our ALAC meetings. And Katrina who is in her final year as the chair of the ccNSO, it would be opportune to have her attending one of our sessions to give a ten-minute spiel about her role in ccNSO during her time before she goes onto the Board.

And, of course, SSAC. Now that is another advisory committee that, I must admit, that is like another organization that has been very valuable to the work that we've done and the input that they have into our work. So probably I will discuss with Rod about what we might do there but, again, that could be another session that we can actually incorporate into an ALT Plus meeting or something where we can actually discuss and get more input from the wider leadership team.

So I guess we're looking at how we can make the ICANN meetings work for us, but at the same time I'd really like to encourage At-Large to be able to use these meetings too for learning more about what's actually happening outside. I know that in other meetings, the sorts of sessions, like for example when they had the SubPro discussions and stuff like that which were really handy [inaudible], there was always something else that we needed to do and we missed out on a lot of those kinds of discussions. I think it's really important that we start looking at what is happening across the wider community, what sessions are they planning, and we can really make sure that we give people an opportunity to participate in those.

Are there any questions on anything in Number 3? Yrjö, your hand is up again. Is it?

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO: I'm sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right, thank you. Any other questions or queries on Number 3? Natalia?

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you very much. I would like to back to outreach and engagement session item. I think we may try again to make this outreach and engagement session not just with a report from each RALO but I think we may make it more interesting for our guest attendees and more debatable for cross-community people, as you remember, as we

planned before ICANN 69. So we can, I don't know, allocate time differently.

And maybe because our community every month receives our outreach and engagement updates during monthly RALO calls, I think during public meetings we can talk about, I don't know, maybe new solutions about our results of our work probably. So it's my idea for our future discussion. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Brilliant. Thank you. We're on the same wavelength, so we'll have a little discussion with that. We've got an outreach and engagement meeting soon, so that's something we can totally discuss.

Okay, no other questions or queries relating to that? Okay, going on to plenary sessions. And I must admit when the questions were asked at the last overall planning committee meeting that At-Large was amongst—were the first—to put some ideas down for our plenary sessions. I just wondered, is there anything else that we need to suggest? Because I think they're making the final requests now.

These are actually for ICANN plenaries. They're not our own. And I have said things that don't make the ICANN plenaries we [could] probably do ourselves anyway. Judith, your hand is up.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes. On the regulatory updates, Veni just put out a notice about some of the work on Internet governance that the UN was doing, and that is also fairly interesting. The Russians are also putting out some other work,

trying to get some more work done on Internet governance that directly relates to domain name services and other areas. And so I think that can be added into this regulatory updates section that is in there, because I think that would make a very interesting session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Well, I must admit I'm actually leaving that up to Joanna and Jonathan.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Joanna is here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I saw that. And so I will be discussing with them. As Heidi and Gisella have put in there in the chat, I mean, they're due tomorrow.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. No, I just mentioned it, that's why it [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no, no. That's fine. So we'll...it's just really putting in our recommendations for the plenaries. It's just making sure that what we would like to see is in there. And then they'll have their big vote and all of that and decide on what goes in and what doesn't. So we shall...yeah, Joanna, has put in a little note about how they're going to deal with it. So that is cool, but I just wanted to make sure that if there was anything

else that people wanted to include into an ICANN plenary, this would be the time to speak up.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Could you expand on what you said about Bruna's suggestion? Because it wasn't really...?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Sorry, that was Gisella's comment. Gisella, do you want to expand on that? Or I presume it was yours.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Gisella, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Can you hear me?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, we can hear you now.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We can.

GISELLA GRUBER: I had a Skype message come through, Maureen. I've been peeling my ears on the topics. You put something down and you said—[did I put that there?] My apologies. I missed it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: About the NCSG suggestion that Bruna made on the call. I didn't write that, did I?

GISELLA GRUBER: No, no. Oh, dear. Maureen, this is Gisella for the record. Silly me. I did a copy-paste of what Tanzanica or Mary put out in the e-mail that was [inaudible] sent to the SOs and ACs. And I'm like NCSG? Did they suggest something? So my apologies. That is something that was mentioned, and I will look into that further because I don't know. And I don't think anything else was written on the list, but I will go back to the list immediately to see if Bruna did respond to that. Sorry, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that's fine. NCSG will have their list of plenary suggestions [inaudible] they have decided on what that was. Because I saw that [inaudible] Because I read that and I thought, oh no, that's something [inaudible]. Okay, good. So we've got three suggestions there. Go ahead, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Yes, I did pick up on the e-mail that was written, and there was a mention actually from Jonathan on the call, I believe, regarding time

zones and also regarding the length of the meeting whether it's two meetings annually or whether it's three meetings. So there was...the outcome of that was more for [—drop] the discussion on the preferred number of meetings in 2021 since the calendar has already been confirmed. So we have the community forum coming up in March, we then have the policy forum in June, and we have our general assembly in October. So I believe that is out of the window, so we can remove that one. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay, that's great. That's that mystery solved. Okay, now the cross-community discussions. These, again, we made suggestions, but I haven't heard anything else. So I guess these are the suggestions that we've made about basically the SubPro things and there's a session that [Matthias] actually said that he would like to hold. And it's about the involvement of NextGen and Fellowship and ATLAS participants within the [system]. So I haven't seen the actual proposal yet. That would have to [inaudible] quickly, but that's [inaudible].

Any other...? Oh, Cheryl. Cheryl, sorry. I just saw your hand.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

No, no. The hand has only just gone up, Maureen. You haven't missed me.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Oh, okay. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Not a problem. I just wanted to ask a question with regards to your bullet point on SubPro from At-Large. And I appreciate that it will have gone in, in advance of the report they presented to the GNSO Council on time. Which some people were still arguing for whatever reason that we should extend the time, which we didn't, thank heavens. We actually said what we were going to do and then did it, which was apparently unexpected.

But by the meeting, GNSO Council may have dealt with it by some form of vote in their February meeting. That's as far as it could possibly have gone. So from a cross-community point of view, what was this? At-Large and GAC putting their own views out on the hustings? Because they're going to be doing that by their quite rightful commentary to the Board anyway. I just want to know what's the plan on that one because of where we are in the process. It's not like the Board has even thought about it. [inaudible] the ink will barely be dry, if at all, even if GNSO Council.

I mean, I'm presenting with Jeff to the GNSO Council our final report in about 90 minutes. So it formally isn't on their table until a little bit later today. That's all there is for this month. They may or may not then do something with it next month. And I'm just going, what's the topic going to be? Anyway....

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no. That's fine. Now I think these recommendations were made at our very first meeting, which was about a month ago, and I have no idea

who actually made that recommendation. I do know about [Matthias'] one because he actually spoke to me personally about the session that he wanted to do, and it sounded like a really good one from his initial introduction to it. But I'm sorry, I'm at a bit of a loss as to [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, so am I. The last time I checked, I've spent five years of my life working in this, but what would I know? Just as long as we're not putting up a lemon or something, who knows what.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. No, no, no. Exactly. And I think this is what we will discuss in the subsequent meetings if that was just a [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, if anything's going to give, I wouldn't die in a ditch over that one, put it that way. I definitely wouldn't die in a ditch over that one.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And the other thing is if people are interested in learning more about an almost 400-page report, that there is a webinar coming up before the end of January which I keep mentioning in meetings which is for the GNSO Council briefing but is also open for observers. And they can cut their teeth in that one, but I'm just not sure for cross-community

discussion what the aim of that would be. And I don't want us to look too stupid. Well, no more stupid than usual.

MAUREEN HILYARD: True, true. Yes, I mean, I can't see anyone who would be jumping up and down. But the applicant support issue which is actually one of the...I mean, I definitely do remember that one coming up as an ICANN plenary. What does success look like [for] applicant support? That was a suggestion that I think came from Jonathan. So I think that what we'll do is, I mean, with a bit of discussion that will probably get scrapped. Any other questions or queries?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry. Go ahead, yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, I was just going to say that's a great topic for ICANN 74 or 75 when the planning, the implementation of an applicant support program is on people's agenda. Anyway....

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, these are only recommendations. Like I said, that has actually gone. People can scrap that. But we were asked to put in some suggestions, and they were on top [for our people] at the time. And at

least we got some suggestions out there, and some others are still thinking about it. So that's the whole ICANN role at the moment.

Okay, so if there's no further discussion on that, basically, we've got...and Jonathan isn't here, but there are going to be some other policy issues that we will be discussing in the future for people to think about those. But as I said, we're trying to keep it minimalist. We'll just make sure that what we actually do, that it's inclusive of everyone and that we don't actually have too many people trying to crush everything into this small space and not allowing others to also participate in the sessions of other constituencies during the short meeting.

We've actually had the discussion and explanation of what's on for the LACRALO general assembly. So I'm just looking at next steps. I think what we're going to be doing now is looking at putting together some kind of program based on what we actually have got at the moment. Anyone else that has anything else that they want to include, please at the next meeting—when will the next meeting be, Gisella? Have we got a date for the next meeting?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, if this time is suitable to everyone, we could have a meeting next week to look at a draft schedule. Just as a reminder the SO/AC leads, so myself with other leads of the various groups, we are working on a Google document where we put in our meetings. So I've just double checked the Google document that I'm working from with my colleagues, and nothing has put in except the ccNSO with Tech day. So I think that the GAC is having a call today or had a call yesterday or today

to work on the schedule, so we ought to really have the GAC
communicate in there. And then I believe the GNSO will also be adding
their meetings over the next probably week or ten days.

So because we need to submit the forms between the 1st and the 12th of
February, either we can have a call next week or do some of the
discussions online and have another call on 4 February. But I don't think
we should leave it much longer than two weeks as it would be nice to
get the schedule in, done and dusted as soon as possible. Again,
monitoring what other groups are putting in to make sure that there's
no overlap or at least minimal of an overlap. So if you think that we can
wait two weeks, we can do the next call on 4 February or next week.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, because I think we do have to start getting some prep done early,
we'll have a meeting next week to finalize. If we can put down a
schedule and present it next week as how things are happening and
what other things are happening that we might be involved in,
especially looking at incorporating the LACRALO [program] as well. Then
we could all have a look at it, have a look at what is being presented,
who is going to be involved in that. Really get it established so that we
can get the planning out of the way, get it up to speed. Then we can
relax and have a more comfortable lead in to the ICANN meeting rather
than frantically panicking in the last few days or [inaudible] normal
session. I think this will make it a lot easier for us. Okay, so meeting
same time, same place next week. Sound good?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm sure Gisella never panics. She just gets things done.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, this is it. She's cool as a cucumber, I tell you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: But it's like....

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If we'd all just get out of the way and let her do it, it would be so much more efficient though. Let's face it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly. So Number 8 says any other business. You've got three minutes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Can I say, "Hell, no"?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Okay, thank you so much. This has been a really great meeting. Great hearing what LACRALO has got planned. Great hearing what Lilian has got planned for the lead up to the meeting. I mean, [this way] we don't have to do much because these guys are doing it. They're really

well-planned on it, and I think that...and of course, I've [pawnd off] to Jonathan and Joanna the plenaries.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Delegation. The joys of delegation, Maureen. Can I just make one statement on prep week?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: There was a just a moment and I thought, should I bother? And I thought, oh bugger, I will. Let's not try and steal prep week. Prep week is for all of the ACs and SOs, and people should be going to look at what's going on in the GNSO there, look at things that are [put in] out of other parts of ICANN as well. So it's not like this usual pressure to fill all available time. Let's also keep prep week to be the synthesis of the essential and important. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. Oh, that's great. Great advice. I think if we can just do things as part of our normal [inaudible]. Jonathan's input and just a little reminder that can come in as part of the ICANN 70 sessions. I mean, that kind of session so that we're not making it anything special. It's actually part of the program that already [—our preparatory] program in the lead up to ICANN 70.

Thank you very much, everyone, for coming along today and being part of this very informative session. It was informative for me, anyway. I'm so sorry that my audio has been crappy for the interpreters. I'm not sure what is the cause. I'll just have to try and find out what the problem is. But thank you very much, and I hope you all have a great day, evening.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]