

YYESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone. Welcome to the Finance and Budget Subcommittee working group call taking place on Monday, 18th of January 2021 at 16:30 UTC.

On our call today on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Justine Chew, Sébastien Bachollet, Judith Hellerstein, and Marita Moll. Harold Arcos has just joined our Spanish channel.

On the French channel, we have Aziz Hilali. We have received apologies from Nadira AlAraj and Holly Raiche. From staff's side, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber and myself, Yesim Nazlar and I'll also be doing call management for this call.

As you know, we have Spanish and French interpretation and our interpreters are Claudia and Marina on the Spanish channel and Camila and Jacques on the French channel.

Before we get started, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking, not only for the transcription but also for the interpretation purposes as well, please. And with this, I would like to leave the floor back over to you, Maureen. Thanks so much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Yesim, and welcome to all those who are here today. This is our first look at a few of the other ABRs that have come in very recently, and I think it'll give us a look at what's there. A lot are in concept forms, and that's [why we said] let's really use this time to have a look at what people are actually wanting to put forward, and we'd

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

have a little look and give them some ideas about what they might want to brush up on in their applications in readiness for a final look through once they're all on the workspace and we can have a really good look at them.

So at the moment, if you're looking at the budget development workspace that Heidi put up in the chat—I think Heidi is still uploading some—we can go through the ones that we've got here while we wait. Okay, we'll start from the top. Judith, [this was yours.]

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Sure. So this one is about RTT. In the past years, we've had very successful RTT in English and we've made it in the core for the second time. First time in the core, we got kicked out of the core immediately, and then we lost a whole year. So this time, when I'm putting in my request for Spanish and French—which we had piloted several years ago and was successful—I put in a line saying if for some reason the English gets kicked out of the core again because of budget issues, that we want it included as part of the proposal so that we don't lose a year.

So it's basically looking for an increase in hours. In English, we have ten, but I would love to have a little bit more because we have so many requests and also, we keep getting over the allotted amount because the CPWG is meeting so frequently as well as the OBWG, this one, and the capacity building and others. There's a lot of requests for RTT. And also, seeing with our new outreach and engagement plan and the At-Large review, we're putting a huge emphasis on engagement, and there's a lack of as much engagement in the other territories where

English is not used as a language. So that is why I'm putting forward for the RTT in Spanish and French.

We have strong support from León, who's our Board member, as well as others, in this area. So hopefully, there's no issues, but if there's any comment—the statistics in here are from not this most recent year but the past year. And we'd love more better statistics and we have much better luck when we used to run the survey at the end of each session than in people responding in e-mail. Sébastien had a point.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. That's a good overview anyway, it gives us an idea of what's what. And I notice that Jonathan's here. That's good, Jonathan. At least you're actually in the request list. Are you going to do another one? Or do these two for a start anyway. So John, if you could just explain—

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry to interrupt. So, did you want to go through in order and just say, "Okay, do we accept that one?" What would you like to do with Judith? And then ...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I think what we'll do is just hear what there is, we'll go through and if I can just get a brief overview from everyone about what there is so we can get an overview of what's coming.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Perfect. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you, Jonathan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. So yes, Maureen, I have a third one that I've been noodling a lot but it's having trouble gelling, which is about trying to seek funding for a poll. I'll start with the one that's least formed, I guess. I feel like there's a persistent conversation that takes place around and in the At-Large about improving the ways in which we identify the interests of individual users. There's criticism from the outside and ambition from the inside that would suggest that we somehow engage in a process of reaching out to those whose interest we try to advance. And so I'm trying to think of a pilot—good polls are very expensive, and we did one for the CCT review and I don't know if we just pick Europe for example and try to reach out to individual users and try to gain an understanding of how many people have domains, how many people are thinking about getting them, what those trends are, and come up with some of the key issues that are policy issues inside of ICANN and see whether or not they have consequences for end users that are non-abstract. I feel like a lot of the discussions we have about the interest of individual

users are kind of abstract in some ways. And is there a way, with a poll that's well-crafted as a kind of pilot or experiment to begin to suss that out.

So that was the third one, Maureen, and it's not concrete in my head yet by any means and I don't know how concrete it needs to be to make it a proposal, but that was the idea behind it. Do you want to talk about that or do you want me to zip through these other two? How would you like me to proceed?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

We'll go through the other two first. We're just getting an overview of what we've got at the moment.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks. So the first one listed here is a threaded discussion and decision support toolkit adoption and training. And there are a number of related strategic objectives, both in the context of the ICANN strategic plan but also the At-Large review reform implementation that we're going through as well.

This is centered around the idea of getting more people more actively engaged in the policy development processes and position development processes within the At-Large, and part of that is making more use of asynchronous communication. In other words, when we're sitting on a Zoom call like this one and we're back and forth, that's one form of communication that's very immediate and it requires people to think quickly or already come prepared with the answers to questions that

come in their head, and it has a higher intimidation factor, etc., whereas asynchronous is that something is out there and it allows people to respond in their own time. E-mail is considered sort of an asynchronous communication tool, but it's a very poor one.

And so there's been some evaluation of tools and two that have risen to the forefront are Loomio and Slack with an addon specifically for consensus building and decision support called Cloverpop. And so this proposal is about asking for funding and support for the implementation of the toolkit around collective decision making and consensus support as well as the training necessary, both of staff and of participants, to make good use of that toolkit. So that's the idea behind the threaded discussion and decision support toolkit proposal.

The proposal itself has got some stuff in it about how good decisions are made and how diversity affects the decisions, but that some support for asynchronous decision making would be helpful. So that's one of them. And I'm happy to take questions or move on, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

We'll move on.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Okay. the next one is translation and publication of materials for end user education on DNS abuse. This is part of a commitment we made during ICANN 67 to pair with our efforts for changing ICANN policy and better contract compliance, etc., around DNS abuse, but pair those efforts with an effort to make use of the structure we have with RALOs

and At-Large Structures to reach out to a large group of people with educational resources and webinars and potentially courses that are developed and could be delivered by the ALSes on preventing yourself from being a victim of DNS abuse. So instead of it being like a policy-oriented discussion, it's sort of like a how-to. How do I recognize a phishing attack? How do I recognize a pharming website? What does malware look like? How do I go about, as an individual user as opposed to an Internet aficionado, protecting myself online?

And we've had some conversations already with the GAC, and both the United States and the EU governments had produced some documents we could make use of, and they've done some selective translations of them and not others. So the idea behind this effort would be for the At-Large outreach and engagement team to go through these resources that are available out there, pick the ones that are most successful with individual end users but are still accurate, and find the sort of best-of-breed and make sure that we've got a wide spectrum of translations of all of them and then find a means of getting them out as a resource library, incorporate them into potentially webinars that are either delivered by us but then maybe designed to be then in turn delivered by ALSes to their local communities. And that's the concept behind the third one.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Thank you very much. Just remembering too that when we were actually making our submissions, making the final submissions, they have to be really clear, really succinct, try to get the key points, because it goes out and everybody's request is being compared with everybody

else's from around ICANN and they have to be able to understand clearly exactly what it is that we want and the rationale behind why we want it. So just remembering that for when we're finishing off our proposals.

Carrying on then, we'll go on to the EURALO proposals now.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Maureen, quick question.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I was talking with AFRALO the other day, Seun. One of the AFRALO things that Seun was talking about is not listed here. He wasn't sure whether he put it as ALAC or not, was a French translation tool. And he wasn't sure whether he should put it in AFRALO, because it's an AFRALO request, or whether it should be an ALAC request, because the French could be used for multiple areas [inaudible] ALAC. So I just wanted to bring that up. It's a transbot. The French transbot.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. We just want to get them all in and then we can make decisions about that when they arrive. But they have to be in pretty quickly. Okay, so let's start off—Sébastien, are you going to present this one briefly?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Maureen, thank you. Unfortunately, this one didn't come through me, therefore I don't know. I am sure that it's a very good one, but it seems that there are people who have difficulty with process, therefore it didn't come through us. I just read quickly, but I can't tell you anything very useful except the title. But as Joanna is very good to make such proposal, I'm sure it's good, but I can't give you more.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All righty. Yes, Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Are you okay if I just go over this one a little bit?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I was going to say that we probably know more about it than Sébastien. Yeah, please [inaudible].

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I am [inaudible] that we have process and we don't put them. Sorry for that. But if it's EURALO, [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, Sébastien, I think you were CC'd or included at some point, but probably not with the actual document itself. I have to look. So this one is basically looking for the protection of the Internet's unique identifier system in an age of disinformation. It's a series of activities. Two would be online and one would be at the 2021 global IGF. And if you scroll

down just a little bit, it's working with a colleague at LSE, the London School of Economics, and they're looking for, as many of the requests that we've received this year, staff support, a Zoom room for those two virtual events.

Each one of these requests has a "requesting" section so you can see exactly what they're asking for. So they're looking for some experts, information, communications support, social media support, and even travel to the IGF for the third workshop on this. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes. Okay. That's what I understood. As Judith mentioned before, travel was not considered except—I guess we're going to put the applications through, if this one is accepted, of course, the ones that we got, even though [inaudible] it's in the lap of the gods once it gets to Finance as to what they will accept. But that gives us an idea of what people are asking for anyway. We actually had quite a lot of discussion about this one, and the fact that it's going to be lead up to the IGF and the lead up will take place within either an ICANN meeting or as webinars, we haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Okay, so the next one, if you would, Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

I will, but I have one question in the one of Joanna. In the document request description number three, it's written IGF 2020. I guess there is a mistake. And it must be updated. And as she's not here, I think

somebody needs to give her the information that she needs to update it, please, or I can do it. Just tell me if you want.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just really quickly, I will go through all of these once they're moved along a little bit.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: And I have my hand up. My question is, why is this a EURALO one? Are the people that are going to be selected only going to be EURALO? It seems to be an ALAC-wide one, and DNS abuse and everything they're talking about is really an ALAC-wide issue.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Judith, we haven't got to that yet. We're just going to get an idea of what everyone's got at the moment.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, but as you said—

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, what you're saying is completely right, but we will make a decision later. Let's just hear what there is at the moment. Okay? Sébastien, I think we're up to the one that Wale was proposing.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Okay. Please ask Wale to talk about the IoT one. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Wale, please.

WALE BAKARE: Yes. This one, Internet of Things and the increasing governance challenges. Basically, the key component that this is going to be addressed is going to be based on, one, data protection in the event of IoT, then the evolution of protocols in terms of the DNS, what are the emerging DNS issues of interest in the IoT implementation, and also talking about the cross-border IoT. The UK just left the European Union now. We'd be talking about geo data replication across border, how do we talk about these challenges. Then the critical infrastructure, so what are the impacts that all these issues will have in terms of agriculture and others. We're talking about smart entities, so what are the [primary] issues that we're going to be talking about?

We'll have about six or five speakers. It's going to involve technical people, legal experts and [inaudible] and relevant other people. So we are seeking [inaudible] support for the speakers to be able to attend this workshop. That's basically [all.] If it is approved, then all other elements would be [covered.] Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Wale. I think—and I guess similarly with the former applications, they would be reliant on whether they're accepted by the IGF. So that makes it a little bit different as well. Okay, that's good. It sounds like a good ICANN meeting one [inaudible]. So then the next one. Thank you, Wale.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I will take the one from [inaudible]. But first of all, I would like to say that I agree with you. It's not because it was pushed by a RALO that it's just for one single RALO, and I try in my proposal not to be just EURALO but to be more comprehensive, except for one when it's very specific, and then we'll come back on that.

This one is, I guess, a repetition of what we have done last year, but there'll be some additional proposal information. It's to try to work about where is the situation about diversity regarding leadership bodies like the Board of ICANN, and some research [and survey] can be done and a discussion can be held during ICANN meeting, and some conclusion taken either at the IGF this year or EuroDIG next year. I feel it would be better at EuroDIG, but as it's European and we may wish to have a worldwide, global participation. It's why I leave the two here in this one.

The next one is about youth and how to involve them. We had a good turnout of youth during ATLAS III and we need to keep building on that. And I know that it's not very easy for them to be involved, and it could be in conjunction with what is done with the NextGen program, but specific to At-Large, and I know that it's a specific topic that GSE in

Europe is taking care for IGF global, therefore I hope that it can be taken into account by ICANN.

The next one is repetition of what I have done last year. I would like very much that we have a strong representation of At-Large in IGF and I think that a good representation must be the chair of ALAC, the chair of the RALO where the IGF is going, and it will be in Europe, and the chair of the outreach and engagement in addition with the others who can already fly or travel to this place. And maybe if we can have more—I know that it's travel, but I think when we discuss the budget issue, we have three groups within ICANN: Org, the Board and the community, and for the moment, the community is less supported of those three groups for IGF. I think some rebalance could be good. And if it's not through this support program, I am not linked with this ABR, but it was the best way for me to put that review.

Here, the next one is the support participation of individual users in EURALO. I think there are some things to be asked, but I am not sure that cut and paste of what was done last year is enough, because already, things were done. But one point I would like to raise—and I hope that both Roberto and Natalia will take care of that—is to have some help about the welcome package, and you know we already discussed that ABR could be an idea to help for the work of this individual users association, but more globally At-Large for a welcome package. And I guess I've gone through all the EURALO ones. Thank you for having me here and to listen to my presentation. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sébastien. Marita, your hand is up. You may take the floor.

MARITA MOLL: Hi. I haven't participated in this particular activity before, so I don't know whether this is the place to raise what I'm going to raise. I wanted to go back to the first item that Sébastien spoke about, diversity [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: The diversity yin leadership one.

MARITA MOLL: Yeah, [inaudible] diversity. I think this is it. Anyway, [inaudible] Sébastien presented it as something that was very similar to something EURALO did last year [or I believe in the last ICANN meeting, which there are all kinds of groups together discussing about what they're doing on a particular] [inaudible].

What I wanted to say is that any of these that we can justify by saying this fits into—something we want to do which helps the evolution of the multi-stakeholder model, which is our contribution to the evolution of that model, to breaking down siloes and building [inaudible] community, we should use that in the [inaudible] activity. This becomes important when you're talking about how the multi-stakeholder model is evolving. [inaudible] activities that they've actually started [inaudible]. So this is where I don't know if [inaudible] but I wanted to make that comment [inaudible]. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Very good. Thank you very much, Marita. In fact, this is the ideal place because it just means that it's something that Sébastien can do a bit of a rewrite on his application and enhance it by including that information. Very good. Thank you. Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I agree with a lot of Marita's comments on this one. I thought it was good. But I think it also could be done at an ICANN meeting, especially we're talking about multi-stakeholder model, [especially one of our sessions] may be even, hopefully, a high interest session, on it. Because I know, I've seen there's a lot of work trying to get NomCom to enhance diversity in the Board, and I think it would be a very interesting session for a high-level one, but also, I look here and they're asking for support in language interpretation but not RTT.

So I think my push is whenever we ask for interpretation, we should also ask for RTT. I think they should be connected because we want to keep reminding people that we need RTT. So interpretation and RTT should go hand in hand together.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. More ideas for people who are fixing up their documents. So, where are we up to down at the bottom there?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think we have one—if you could scroll down, yeah, the LACRALO one. It's just come in, and Harold is on the call. Not sure if he's able to describe this.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Harold. Thank you.

HAROLD ARCOS: Thank you very much. We have done an [activity] taking into account the regional meeting [inaudible] four subregions within our RALO. The idea is [inaudible] participation of ALS members that are already [inaudible]. It may be also a place for dialog between civil society, governments, communities [inaudible], the technical community and users community. So those communities that certainly [do not know how to participate] within ICANN.

So we have taken the opportunity to [inaudible] active ALSes participate as well as other participants so as to add the membership of ALSes to the [inaudible].

This is also for members active in LACRALO, such as DNS abuse, universal acceptance and other topics of high interest among the community, both in Latin America and the Caribbean. So this is their proposal that we are considering as a three-day meeting. We would have sessions in the morning and in the afternoon. And one of the tentative dates for this is August 2021.

So in general terms, the purposes of this activity is to reactivate those who are registered with the RALO, but also request each ALS to get

involved and make a commitment of bringing new members to the working group. So in general terms, this is a proposal that we have submitted through this ABR process.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. And this is supposed to be a face-to-face meeting in August, correct?

HAROLD ARCOS: No. We are not considering this meeting to be face-to-face. Just the opposite, we are considering a remote meeting with the participation of the four subregions, each of them acting as a hub with coordinators. And this represents the challenges of 2021. We're going to talk not only about the pandemic—this is an obvious difficulty and challenge that we are facing—but we are going to consider how to improve the involvement of users in policy issues. Talking about concrete issues, both at national level and globally, in support of the global ICANN policies.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. That's interesting. I think what we might be looking at here is probably not something that would require an ABR. Do you think, Heidi? If it's going to be a remote one, this might just be something that we can coordinate.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, in fact I think several of these are requesting Zoom rooms, staff support, communication support, etc., and these might be able to be carried out with At-Large staff support in collaboration with GSE, and perhaps even some of the MoU partners, LACTLD, etc. So that's something to be considered. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. And there's one down at the bottom. [inaudible].

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I had another thing. I agree with Heidi again—

HAROLD ARCOS: Harold speaking.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Sorry. Harold.

HAROLD ARCOS: I would just like you to know that when we talk about the additional requirements for this ICANN 70, we are host there and the idea is [inaudible] to have—social listening so we have been coordinating all of the [inaudible] December last year because we know that it would be a virtual meeting, but we are the host region. The idea is to do some presentations and video of [the home country. We make presentation in the slot] allocated in the block schedule. I just wanted to report on that. Thank you very much, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Harold. That is very helpful. And yeah, we might discuss that a little bit further with Heidi and the team and see what we can arrange. This may be one that we can take out and organize separately with you. Okay. Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, I agree with that. I also think—well, besides putting RTT in, I also think that this is something that can be worked on with GSE and even with their support and even with maybe some of the RALO funds that we have for anything else that is—because I definitely think—or even one of the partners may support the payment of the language translations. That may be part of what they offer. So I think this could easily be done, especially since it's virtual only, by partners. And it will get pushed off to GSE regardless even if we put it in.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. [Consider those, submitters.] Let's have the last—the one that's—

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Do you want me to discuss that one?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, the VSIG one, if you could do that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Sure. So this is a NARALO proposal. It could be for all RALOs, but they put it in because they were wanting it put in. So as everyone knows, Alfredo and Glenn have been running a virtual school of Internet governance. It's been very successful, a lot of praise from it, we got a lot of support from NARALO of people who supported this event.

They are simply asking—what they want to do is expand the programs from only English language to other languages. So what they want is support for translation into English, French and Spanish, so documents that are not in English to be put in English, documents that are English to be put in French and Spanish. They're asking for \$6000 for this, and I think they've been doing an excellent job. There's a lot of people who have been trained on this. A lot of excellent sessions. It's a ten-week class and people have been taking it very seriously around the world. And I think it deserves some support on this. But if you think it should be an ALAC one as opposed to a NARALO one because it's not only just for NARALO, we're happy to—whatever you want to do with it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think when we're talking about the RALOs, we're actually just talking about who's submitted it. But yes, it would possibly all go through ALAC.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Well, in the past when we submitted—

MAUREEN HILYARD: Judith, I know. Yes, I know. We don't do that anymore. So we'll do it like it actually is—this is inhouse for us, as I mentioned in the chat. This just

gives us an idea, making sure that all RALOs do get some kind of opportunity to put in submissions. As you noted, AFRALO, who—actually the reason why we delayed this [inaudible] was so that AFRALO could get their applications in, but they haven't done that.

And in fact, for APRALO, I put in a couple very late because I was waiting on some feedback from our GSE guy to see whether any funding was available through his kitty, but he hasn't responded, so I've made two applications for the Pacific IGF, which is due to be held in September. It was supposed to be September last year, and of course, it was postponed to this year, and it's a Pacific IGF which is attached to an APTLD meeting and it's being supported by APNIC and Internet New Zealand and other organizations.

But what we wanted, first of all, if the meeting can actually take place, the first request was fellowship funding, and that's what I was asking Save about, is if ICANN would contribute something towards the fellowship program, because it's quite expensive to get people around the Pacific to a particular island. Fiji is one of the largest islands and it's sort of the hub for a lot of activity within the Pacific, but it's still expensive to get there.

And the second application was [inaudible] we could get some APRALO leadership to the meeting, especially with respect to the meeting of ccTLD managers and having our ccNSO rep attending a meeting. And also, it would be good to get leadership into the Pacific, because hardly anyone ever comes to our part of the world, and so we would actually run a meeting [inaudible] good opportunity [inaudible] to come to it.

But if Save comes back and says that there is funding available, then one of those applications might have to be dropped. So that's to be seen. Did anyone have any idea—oh, Aziz is here. Aziz, do you have any idea of—just to give us a bit of a heads up on what AFRALO applications might be, apart from the one that Judith mentioned about the French translation? [Is he still here? I don't see him.]

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, I do see Dave Kissoondoyal is on the call as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, Dave. [Did I not see Aziz?]

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, Aziz was on earlier.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Dave, is there anything that tu can tell us about the AFRALO applications? Are they coming?

YYESIM NAZLAR: Maureen, sorry, seems Aziz is now speaking. I've just received a message from our interpreter.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Yes, please.

AZIZ HILALI: Hi. So, very briefly, we have of course received notices from certain ALSes regarding the ABRs. We have then submitted all of those ideas to the group that was supposed to decide on what AFRALO would submit, but Heidi was with us at the meeting and she can perhaps speak further to this. And we were wondering whether it would be possible for each RALO to have its own platform.

INTERPRETER: I'm sorry, Aziz is very choppy. It's very hard to follow what he's saying.

AZIZ HILALI: So where each RALO would be able to centralize and organize the activities of its ALSes, since everything has become virtual this year. I myself at least [kind of] recall that. Perhaps there will be more coming later on. And if Heidi wishes to add anything, she is free to do so, of course. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Heidi, anything to add to that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Thank you, Maureen. They are coming. Seun did—they just misjudged the deadline, so they are on their way. There are several of them. One definitely is the transbot, and pretty much the same one as they submitted last year. They also are submitting several it seems—at

least the ones that were reviewed last week—most of them were for training. So they were individual requests for various training activities on Zoom. Some were for travel already. So those are primarily what they're looking for. I don't recall any for the IGF, etc. They were all within the region for capacity building, training sessions. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: And does Dave have anything to add? He said he could add more stuff on the chat.

DAVE KISSOONDOYAL: Yeah. Thank you. During the meeting, there was Heidi, she in fact gave us guidance, because we—when the ALSes did the applications, we were not sure whether the application would be approved, yes or no, but in the call, Heidi did give us guidance which part of the application can be approved or can be sent for approval. I would add that we decided to send all the five applications that we received from the ALSes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you very much, Dave. That's very handy. Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes. Thank you, Maureen. I wanted to take this opportunity of what Aziz said about Zoom room, that it's a request we as chair of RALOs put to the table to Göran and David is still supposed to answer this request. It was months ago now, and our request was to have one Zoom room available for each RALO to be used by ALSes when needed. And I don't know why we didn't receive the answer, but I feel that it will be a loss of time if we ask that as an ABR as it is somewhere between the COO and David Olive. Maybe—

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sébastien. And in fact, we were just discussing that not so very long ago. Heidi, your hand is up. I hope it's for that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, it is. Thank you, Maureen and Sébastien. And again, apologies for the delay on this. We were working primarily off of the AFRALO request, and we do recognize that this is going to be a request for all RALOs. So we've been working internally with tech support, etc. The Zoom rooms do require at least one staff support. That is the license that we have currently. So we are about to roll out a proposal for a pilot program, and

we are going to explain that on the next cross-RALO call that we hope to have scheduled in the next week or so. So you'll hear more about that.

So in summary, we're going to propose a pilot program for Zoom rooms for use of ALSes. There are some criteria that we have that we're going to be proposing. And again, I think a lot of these ABRs that we're seeing will be able to benefit from that. So it's all coming together, I think. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Dave.

DAVE KISSOONDOYAL: Yes. In the ABR call for AFRALO, we made a special request to Heidi to have the ALS from Aziz to be approved because Aziz has to—I think he had a joint meeting on Zoom to be done for the IGF, something like that. So I joined the call later, I don't know whether it has already been discussed earlier.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is that going to be another one of the applications, an application that's coming through to the committee?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, no, that one is happening early next month, so we are now working offline with Aziz on that. We just now need to sort out the issue of interpretation. So Gisella and I and Aziz are going to be working on

that offline, and I've been in touch with Baher because he's going to be an invited speaker. So we are working on that, we just need to hear from Aziz on the agenda, etc. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Just one thing. How long is this meeting? Are we over our hour? Was it an hour?

YYESIM NAZLAR: Maureen, we are running over. And By the way, [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. if I can just have three more minutes, and I'll let Aziz have the floor.

AZIZ HILALI: Thank you very much. I'm reacting about the Zoom and the pilot on Zoom. I don't know why we should have a pilot program, because it's just renting with an account with Zoom for one year, it's \$250 or \$300. And you talked about the IGF. Dave talked about it. As a president of the IGF [inaudible] North Africa, during the first week of February, there will be an IGF and I asked if it was possible to have at least the Zoom platform during that week. This is something very simple that I asked. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Aziz. And I think that Heidi's working on it and she will get back to you, and she's certainly got that in mind. I just wanted to say, because we are well over, we're going to have to get probably a little bit more information from those proposals that are in at the moment and to update, put the APRALO proposals in and the AFRALO proposals in, and then I'm going to ask Heidi if we can actually get a column or something so that people can actually make comments about each of those so that we can—can we make comments somewhere in that? Can that “comments by ICANN staff” be changed to FBSC?

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Yes.]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Just so that we can—because we didn't have time today, we might make comments about whether we think it could be done at an ICANN meeting or that kind of stuff. So if we update the tables with the descriptions and everything, so if you've got an application that's partially done, please make sure that it's up to date, get it to Heidi so that they can get this table done fully so that before we have our next meeting—I think we're going to have another meeting next week. Comments next week. If we can populate the table, get it up to date, then theoretically—if people from a group can actually look through them and make brief comments. Don't go overboard, there's not much room. And put some comments in there as to whether you think it's something we can consider or not, or what sort of alternative might be possible. Or you can propose that anyway.

So let's call another meeting, same time, same place. [inaudible] next Monday, and we'll have another look. But very interesting suggestions, and it'll be very good once we get the AFRALO ones in as well as the APRALO ones. So, I'm sorry to the interpreters for keeping you over time, and thank you very much, everyone, for the discussions that we've had. Keep your eyes glued on this page, and Heidi's going to be working really hard to get the information [inaudible]. Okay?

So I'll see you on the page or at the meeting next week. Thank you very much to everyone.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks everyone.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thanks everyone. Bye.

YYESIM NAZLAR: Thank you all. This meeting is now adjourned. Have a great rest of the day. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]