
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the Finance and Budget Subcommittee Working Group call on Monday, the 14th of December, 2020 at 17:00 UTC. On the call today, on the English Channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Holly Raiche, Dave Kissoondoyal, Judith Hellerstein, Justine Chew, Marita Moll, Nadira Al-Araj, and Wale Bakare. On the Spanish Channel, we have Lilian Ivette De Luque. We have received apologies from Aziz Hilali. Our Spanish interpreters for today are Marina and David. And our French interpreters are Isabelle and Jacques. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Shani Quidwai, and Kirsten Crownhart, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their names before speaking for the transcription purposes and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels. Thank you very much. And with this, I turn the call over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thanks very much, Claudia. Good morning from me. And good afternoon, good evening, from wherever you are. Thank you very much for coming today. I'm really disappointed that more people haven't come because this is a very important call. I think that one of the things that we've had continually over the years, with regards to ABRs, there has been a little bit of a misunderstanding about what people can apply for.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

And I really did want to make sure that those people who are actually in this Finance and Budget Committee have a good understanding and can relay those messages back to the RALOs, which is why I'm very, very pleased to have Shani and Kirsten here with us today so that they can do a further explanation but also answer any questions.

And I'm really pleased, too, that there were people from At-Large at the meeting that ICANN ran the other day. So there are people who were able to hear what other groups were concerned about and wanted to ask questions about, which very much reflected the sorts of things that we, too, have concerns.

So I don't want to take up too much time because I want to give Shani and Kirsten and opportunity to do their thing and to give you an opportunity to ask questions if you want to [inaudible] later. So how about if we pass it over to Kirsten.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Hi, Maureen. If you wouldn't mind, I was going to—

KIRSTEN CROWNHART: Hi. Thank you. Yes.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Kirsten, can I just say a couple words before you get started? Sorry.

KIRSTEN CROWNHART: Please. Yes.

SHANI QUIDWAI:

Thanks, Maureen and everyone else, for inviting us to the call. I think I've met a lot of you but maybe not everyone. I work in the finance group at ICANN and Kirsten is on my team. There's another individual on our team who's not here today, [Unger], who is also involved with the additional budget request process. So whenever this process comes up in questions, we're probably the best people on the finance side to work with.

But thanks again for inviting us. Kirsten is going to go through some slides, just to highlight the process, some of the key dates and criteria. Some of this will look really familiar because as Maureen mentioned, there was another call a few days ago, led by Mary Wong and Carlos Reyes from the policy team. So we will probably be saying a lot of the same things. But hopefully you find this all helpful.

And then, the last thing I wanted to note that for today, we are only going to be focusing on the additional budget request process. However, we are intending to publish our draft budget and five-year plan at the end of this week for public comment. And I think we are working with you guys to get on-calendar next week to talk about that a little more. So with that, I'll hand it to Kirsten. And thanks again for having us.

KIRSTEN CROWNHART:

Thank you. This is Kristen Crownhart with Finance. And as Shani stated, this presentation is pretty much similar to the one that Carlos and Mary

presented. But we'll go through it. And then, if anyone has questions, we'd be happy to take them.

So basically, the purpose of the ABR process pertains to a dedicated part of the overall ICANN annual budget that is set aside to fund specific requests from the ICANN community for activities that are not already included in our recurring ICANN budget. For Fiscal 22, we currently have a placeholder of \$300,000 as an envelope. And it will be assessed, as we see what type of requests are submitted.

The assessment, basically the process is that each request has an ICANN Org liaison to help explain the basis and context of the request. Then, once we have them all, a cross-functional team reviews the requests to make sure that they they're related to current ICANN policy development, advisory, or technical work. The ICANN Org liaison works with the community leaders for clarity, if needed. ICANN Org subject matter experts will be consulted about feasibility and relevance of request. And finally, a cross-functional evaluation panel makes the final recommendations. And they are made to the ICANN Board Finance Committee, who then ultimately decides.

This one, for the Fiscal 21 ABR process, there were a few requests that were moved to, actually, our core budget. So these will be in the draft budget that is being published next week. So these should be continuing into the core budget. Of course, there's always still subject to assessment if needed. But as of right now, they are considered core.

As you can see, the first two probably pertain to you most, where funds for RALO discretionary funding, for activities like readout sessions,

registration fees, displays, graphics, \$20,000 has been approved to be in the core budget, as well as real-time captioning services for English and Spanish. So those two do not need new requests this year. They are already part of our budget that we are presenting.

Next is basically the timeline. So all requests are due on Friday, the 29th of January. We will then take all the requests, do a preliminary review throughout the beginning of March. And then, during ICANN 70, consultations will occur as needed to discuss any requests. And finally, we'll have our final recommendations that ICANN will present to the Board Finance Committee for review and then ultimate approval by the ICANN Board, in the middle to beginning of May.

This is just a little bit of an overview of the planning and implementation. All approved requests will be communicated to the relevant community leaders and ICANN Org teams responsible for the implementation of the request. They will be implemented per ICANN policies and we will track them financially as well. And all community and Org teams should plan early to ensure sufficient time for implementation. And then, implementation reports are to be submitted to the ABR-reports@icann.org email.

A bunch of the resources for all the ABR processes, decisions, submittals, can all be found on our community ICANN wiki page. We can send out these links as well. But there are sections that give you the timeline, the general principles, the templates that are utilized for requests. And then, it'll give you which ones were approved and the final decision report.

Then, that leads us to just the final next steps. So basically, we'll review the purpose and principles of submittals, consider any reminders from the Policy Team, and clarify previous-year requests. Then, consult with ICANN Org as needed, prepare the request in the approved template, and please submit all requests to planning@icann.org by Friday, January 29th. And then, that concludes the Finance presentation. So we can open it up for any questions that you might have.

NADIRA AL-ARAJ:

Judith's hand is before me.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much for your good presentation. I want to go back to the slides that were in core. So this is what I talked about in the earlier session that you had. Although the RTT said that we were requesting RTT in English and Spanish, they only granted the English and they didn't grant the Spanish. And this is why I was complaining because the title claims that we're going to do English and Spanish but in reality, Spanish was not authorized. So are we saying now that Spanish is authorized and that we're going to use it in the core? Or do we still have to put in another ABR for Spanish and now French? Thanks.

KIRSTEN CROWNHART:

That is a very good question. And I will actually go check with the policy team on the actual details. And then, I can let you know or circle back.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. Thanks so much because what I raised at the meeting is that it's very confusing when the title says one thing. And the answer was, "Oh. But we can't change the title because that would be wrong. But we're clear in the determination."

But if it's not really ... First, in the budget, when it first comes out with the Board approvals, it only lists the titles. And then later on, the larger document comes out and that tells you whether it was actually approved. And in that, they only say the English. But they also don't say that ... They don't give us an amount. They say, "We're basing on what the tech says and we'll discuss the amount and then numbers with the staff and we'll plan accordingly."

But it's all very confusing, especially when the titles say one thing and there's no little ... The only thing I could get was a little ... I asked them to put a little asterisk and saying, "Titles don't match the report," or something that says differently because it's so confusing, if we're going by a title and only part was granted. And especially if we're missing the call, we have no idea. Thanks. Sorry

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Judith. Nadira?

NADIRA AL-ARAJ: Thank you for this presentation. In fact, because I'm using my mobile, I think I've got my answer from the chat. I was planning to ask ... Because anybody's trying to apply ABR for the year 22, from any constituency—because now we are talking about the At-Large community. So first, it

has to go to Maureen. And from there, it goes to you. That's what I understood from the chat. I think I got my answer. If it's something wrong, you can say. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Just before I go to Heidi, I just wanted to mention that the applications will come to this group, which is why we need to have everybody who is actually part of the Finance and Budget Subcommittee here because they're the ones who are going to be discussing it. And once they have okayed it and taken it to the wider OFB working group, and then it goes from there, once it's been approved, and gone through, [and passed up to] the ALAC and then further afield. So Heidi, can I have you next, please?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Thank you very much, Maureen. Thank you very much to the presenters. It's been very interesting to see which ones are going into core. That is a huge step forward. That will save time in putting in some of these requests. Now again, for the one on RTT, as was noted last week, the titles are the ones that were submitted. But again, the definitive text is the one that is in the approval text. And I'll put the implementation workspace for Fiscal Year 21 that states that it is English only. So as we've spoken with Mary about this already, in fact, yes. If any kind of additional RTT services are requested, then a new request will need to be put in for that one.

I do also want to just point out that there was a comment or a question last week on IGF travel. And there is, in the principles for ABRs, that if

there is an event that is sponsored by ICANN, then you could put a request in for that. But again, it will be on a case-by-case request for that. So, that is something different because in the past, the last few years, there haven't been any IGF requests put through by the ALAC. So that's something that can open up a little bit more this year as well. So that is useful news because I know that many of you do go to the IGF on that. Thank you.

NADIRA AL-ARAJ: I raised my hand again. I'm asking about the approved ABRs for the year 21. And they are not implemented. Are they moved to this year—moved forward? Or they have to apply again? Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Shani, do you want to take that one? Go ahead, Kirsten.

KIRSTEN CROWNHART: Yes. Anything that's on this slide as approved ABRs are currently in the Fiscal 22 draft budget. So they are already included in our budget that is going for publication next week, or the end of this week.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Just one small follow-up to that, too. All of the additional budget requests, and the budget and operation of the organization to some extent, are subject to travel guidelines and everything else that's going on within the world, as it relates to the pandemic and so forth. So as we think about—I'm looking at this list—additional travel funding and

things like that, while we may make approval or we may include these things in the budget, there are no guarantees, just given how things are trending. It is subject to just what is the status of travel within ICANN, and within the community and so forth.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. I have another question.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Go ahead, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: As also what we mentioned, and I think we had a discussion with Mary Wong, because oftentimes some things get in the core. But then, when the budget comes around and we have [inaudible], they get dropped out. And I think Mary said that we could put something in, because there's a real priority for us. And if it stays in the core, then it won't be put in. But if it drops from the core because of some budgeting issue, we'll be covered by the ABR. Just wanted to confirm that with you guys, too.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Yeah. I can take that question. So I think, Judith, what you're saying is that when something makes it into the core budget, it is not set in stone and not in there forever. And I think that is true. Our budget is fluid and dynamic, in the sense that it is evaluated on an annual basis. But what Kirsten has highlighted here is that these specific additional budget

requests were approved as additional budget requests and moved into the core budget this year.

The hope and the expectation is that so long as these requests continue to be valuable, that they will be within the budget. But we cannot commit to past this budget cycle. So depending on how things trend in the outer years ... These things are evaluated annually but we have added that in the goals, to keep things like this in, so long as we have the funding.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Okay. So this year, we already have the funding committed, even though ... But next year, there's no guarantee. It could stay in the core. But in this year, it's already planned to be in the FY 22 budget? Okay.

SHANI QUIDWAI:

Correct. And to Kirsten's earlier point, this is our draft budget that's going out for public comment. It hasn't been approved by the Board or the empowered community yet. So it still has to go through those processes. But our intent is having them in the draft budget in the hopes of getting them approved.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yeah. But what happens if they're not? Then we're stuck. So that's why she was saying that we should put one in, just in case, unless you think that's a problem.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Yeah. If you want to go ahead and submit that, that's fine. And that will be part of the additional budget request process. I think what you're getting at is ... You're basically wanting to reapply for one of these in case they don't get added to the core budget. And so, at that point, when the additional budget requests are approved, the budget will also be approved. So at that point, we can confidently say that these are in the core budget and therefore they don't need to be part of the additional budget request.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Yes? Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Thank you very much. Claudia, could you please show the Fiscal Year 21 ABR implementation page? And again, this page, as well as what you'll see in a minute for the Fiscal Year 22 Budget Development Plan, they're on the ALAC portal—the main ALAC wiki page workspace—for you.

So you'll see that for this year—this current year that we're in now ... If we can scroll down a little bit. So these are the ones that were approved. Oh, sorry. Claudia, if you could just slowly scroll down. So the first one was the RALO discretionary funding. And again, that one, despite the travel issue limitations that we're experiencing right now, people are still applying for that. That is, for example, online, virtual events where there's a registration fee, etc. So that one is still open.

If you could scroll down the next one, for RTT. You'll see that. Yeah. So the next one is RTT. And we do now have a number of standing calls in English RTT. And that will, I believe, meet that number there. So that's well in-line for a full implementation.

And then, another one, if we can scroll ... There are two more and they're for the General Assemblies. This one is the EURALO General Assembly scheduled for June 2021. So we're hoping ... We'll see how that pans out but that is on the books there. And then, for the LACRALO, this is now ... They're going to plan a virtual GA this year at the ICANN 70 meeting. And that was for a trainer in capacity building. And we're going to go ahead and move forward with that one.

So those four ABRs are likely to be implemented. Just wanted to give you that information because there was a question from Nadira on that. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I just wanted to ask. So this one for LACRALO, for example, that still fits in within the FY21 year. So the next meeting in Cancun, that's covered. Is that correct? The General Assembly?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. That's correct. So the fiscal year for '21 started on 1st of July this year and it ends on June 30th in 2021. So we're on track to do that one. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's good. Are there any further questions from anyone? I don't want to hold Shani and Kirsten too long. But thank you very much. I think that this is ... We just wanted to make sure that people who had questions and what we're ... I hear people like Judith, who've been through the process before, and got a fair idea of what she wants and whether we can apply—whether it's appropriate to apply.

And I think that this is one of the things, too, that we've noted in the past, that sometimes RALOs applied for things that were completely not valid and took up a lot of meeting time discussing. So if we can actually have a lot of that taking place within the RALO, first off, before it gets to this group, that would be really, really handy for us because we're pretty packed with other things that we're discussing. Especially with the budget coming out shortly, this team is probably going to be integral to looking through and finding [everything] that is actually relevant to us, that we need to comment on.

So your final chance to ask the team anything that you may want to know before we will give them permission to leave so we can carry on with the rest of the meeting. Going, going, gone. Thank you very much, Kirsten and Shani. And you'll be hearing from us.

SHANI QUIDWAI: Great. Thank you so much, Maureen and team.

KIRSTEN CROWNHART: Yes. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay guys. And again, thanks to those of you who have turned up for this meeting. It is important. And we need to make sure that we're all on the same page, when we come to the actual requests. Just moving on, therefore we'll go on to the criteria. Heidi, you know this all by heart. Do you want to just very briefly go over the key things that we've actually been looking over, with regards to ABRs anyway? From our [perspective].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Absolutely. Yeah. Just to stress that there the process that the people from Finance have just set out. And we do need to follow those principles and use their template. However, the At-Large process has always been a little bit different. It needs to go through the RALOs and through the Finance and Budget Subcommittee. And that includes additional criteria and it also includes additional dates, which we'll go ahead and walk through right now.

So as very similar to what we've done in the last few years under Maureen, and I believe Alan as well, we've had these criteria. And there's going to be an additional one, which I think is already in there. I

thought I had included it. So very much, it's going to be in the post-ATLAS III environment. Proposals should include activities that will make the entire At-Large community more effective in policy development.

And there's also ... I'm not sure why its not here but it will be added shortly. And that is the additional At-Large 21 plan, which includes everything that came from the post-ATLAS III environment, including the three tracks of policy, outreach and engagement, and operations.

So in all of those groups that are under those three tracks—again, the CPWG; we have FBSC; OFBWG, which is the Operations and Finance Budget Subcommittee; we have the Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee; the Capacity Building working group—all of their activities should be considered when you're proposing a request this year, for this Fiscal Year 22. And here, we're saying that even though outreach is important, that it should not be a major focus. It should be more about engagement, particularly in terms of moving that policy engagement forward.

Also, each RALO, as you know, has to develop a fiscal year strategic outreach plan. That's usually in alignment with the GSE plan. And this past year, we've made sure that that is more in alignment. We've had calls with the GSE and the teams putting together your RALO outreach plan. So when you're making a proposal for an ABR, please do take into consideration those plans. And I know that some of the RALOs are already working on the Fiscal Year 22 plan. Please reach out to your member who is on the Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee. It'll be the regional liaison who will be—or your chair, who's also aware of what those plans are for Fiscal Year 22.

And also, there's a newish criteria that was started last year. And that is any ABR, before it comes to the FBSC, it needs to go through your RALO—your particular RALO—and endorsed by the RALO leadership before it goes on to the FBSC. I'm just looking at the draft reports.

Yes. So some of these Fiscal Year 21 requests had a requirement to submit a report. So those will need to be submitted, too. And I know, like for example, for the RTT, we have the surveys and we're working on that. For the RALO discretionary funding, there's a public page that shows every request that has come in and a report on them. So that one is set there. So we have that bullet in-line there.

And also, yes, there is, I believe—and I'll double check—that there will be one this year as well. There's some money set aside in the budget for community publications, printing, etc. that we can use as well—for example, for new mail cards, for some other additional printed material. We can use that. I don't think that you'll need to submit requests for printing, etc. Okay? So those are the additional criteria there.

Moving down on this, this is the information that is from the ICANN Finance Team. I've put everything there that's on their personal wiki. And it talks about the process, talks about the principles that are being used. That is really key to look at before you submit your requests to your RALO and to the FBSC. And then, there's that template. So you do need to submit your requests on that template. That is what we use, the FBSC, working with Maureen and myself. We may amend what you're requesting but that is the template that you need to use.

So if we can go to the timeline. So again, what we do is we mirror what the official timeline is. We just add some additional dates. So a key one here is the 8th of January. That is a date that all RALO requests need to meet, to be sent in to staff. And the next stage will be the FBSC taking a look at that. So not too much time. But fortunately, there's now some downtime where there are not that many calls coming up.

So there'll be some time to submit and prepare that request. Then, on the 11th of January, between the 11th and the 13th, there'll be discussion with the finance and policy staff and FBSC. So we'll be taking a look at that. And then, between the 13th and the 18th, they'll have revised proposals be sent to the FBSC for final review. And then, on their January call, the ALAC will take a look at them. And then, between the 25th and the 28th, it's the final chance for the FBSC to look at all the requests.

And the 29th, that's that deadline date. And that's when staff will be submitting all approved final ABR requests from At-Large to the finance group. And, then, the rest of the dates are what you've heard from finance. It follows that exact date. So by May, we'll have the Board announce the budget. And within that budget is where the additional budget requests are next.

So really, the key dates here—the key date, really—is the 8th of January for the RALO to submit, or any requests from the RALOs to submit their requests to the FBSC. Maureen?

'MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Thank you very much, Heidi. And yes, those important dates. And this is one of the reasons why it was really important to actually have the RALO reps here because the 8th of January is really important for you to be going back to the RALOs and saying, "Okay. We've been thinking since the 18th of November on what might be appropriate," and that you can actually finesse those requests as people ... So the monthly meetings is a really good time to use the opportunity to talk to your RALOs about it.

Judith, I noticed your hand is up again. I guess it's up again.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, it is. Heidi, my question for you is when you say about the printing, sometimes ... It probably won't make any sense for now but I guess for next year, when we will go back to face-to-face. Sometimes, when we're hosting events, we put out a promotional card. And you said sometimes that ... I guess maybe that was before we got the printing request in. So would those promotional mail cards be included in the printing request or do we still have to use the RALO budget—RALO \$5,000 budget to do it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Good question, Judith. I believe that within reason, that it would be covered within the budget. So you don't need to submit a RALO discretionary fund request. So I think you're good. And I know that NARALO has their general assembly coming up in Fiscal Year 22. And I believe that there's budget for printing included in that. There is some discretionary funding already included in that budget.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Right. But we're thinking about if some sessions get done and if we start ... If people get vaccinated in April or something like that and then they have May and June, they may go to an event and they may want to do a promotional material or something like that, which we used to use—

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. So that sounds like you're talking a little bit towards the end of Fiscal Year 21 still. So I would think that there's budget there and if not, that there will be funding available with the RALO discretionary funding. Not too much of that has been used yet.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. Because last year, we used it for promotional items, which are still sitting in the mailroom in the ICANN office, because no one has been in, because we've had a pandemic. But would we still have the same—be able to do for this year? If we haven't used it for anything, could we still use it again on promotional items like t-shirts?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. I think you already have your t-shirts. But I think that—

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No. We didn't do t-shirts.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh. You didn't do that? So again, I think that we could either use it for this year, yes. Or if it's for your General Assembly, then I think there's money in there. But yeah. It's probably a good idea to use that for this year. Yeah.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. Because we did promotional items last year. I assume they're sitting in the mailroom because they were delivered. But no one has been in to check but I assume they're there. And then, this year we'll have to start work on a design to get a t-shirt to use the money up for our event.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. That would be more into the RALO discretionary funding. So I would suggest that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I know that EURALO did that last year. But year. But yeah. That's probably a good idea, to start thinking about putting that one in. No real rush but sometime in the new year.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I guess that's moving into our next topic, which was ... Have there been any ideas coming through from the different RALOs about what

people might be requesting? Are there any ideas coming through as yet? Because actually, when you think about it, there's not that much time to really talk about it. So I was just wondering what ideas are coming through. Anyone, apart from NARALO?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yeah. NARALO has an idea but we have to discuss it because it may be a little too tricky for the additional budget request. The other ideas are not RALO ones but are more ALAC. The TTF is looking again at a transbot for French. We have a current transbot for Spanish for the LACRALO. And we would love to have a transbot for French. We had applied last year for that but it didn't get approved. Hopefully, this year.

And then, there's also trying to figure out—and I'm discussing that with others—on different knowledge management engagement tools that we could put in, also on the TTF. Looking at most of the [ITI] stuff is not going to get to us until another year or two. So we might need something in the middle to do something. And discussions are ongoing on that issue.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay.

WALE BAKARE:

Hi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Wale, please.

WALE BAKARE: Thank you so much, Maureen. I'm here to represent Sebastien or EURALO. I'm not a member, anyway. But Sebastien and Matthias are both members. I was part of the FBSC last year anyway. But I'm not really sure where there is any idea from the EURALO. However, I would suggest whether—I would ask Sebastien because he was away to Chad to attend IGF. And when he comes back, I will ask him to send an email to Maureen and Heidi, if there's any idea from EURALO. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry. I'm trying to unmute myself. Thank you, Wale. Yes. And I think that the ... For example, the transbot for French, I think that this is ... I cannot understand why, if every region except Asia Pacific has some interest in French, why this isn't given any priority. What reasons do they give, Heidi, for not being more inclusive of French translations for RTT?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. This is Heidi. I would need to look up what the tech said for that. But that's likely a good one to put in this year.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. They said staffing issues. But there's no real issues. And maybe this would be a good one to also bring up in the SO/AC meeting, since French is a lot used in there, too, in a lot of places.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. SO/ACs actually don't ... GAC and ALAC, I think, are the only ones that actually have interpretation. Is that not correct?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: They're the only ones who have interpretation. But I am sure, if we want to increase engagement everywhere, that the best way of doing it is to connect with someone in their local language.

MAUREEN HILYARD: True. That's always our argument. But I'm not quite sure, when we take it back to the SOs for example, I'm not quite sure just how inclusive they are. I'm not quite sure what sort of argument they'll put forward for having interpretation. Again, we'll probably have to look through.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: They say they have them in the six languages, in the meetings.

MAUREEN HILYARD: In the ordinary meetings, face-to-face?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

True. They do, in the face-to-face. Exactly. Okay. So other RALOs? And I'm really pleased to see the full complement of APRALO here. And I know there's going to be some issues under discussion there. But it's really just to make sure that when you—if ideas come through, if you can just refer them, first of all, to the ICANN mission, anything to do with the ICANN Strategic Plan, anything to do with our work plan. What specifically for us is ... How can we actually make our work plan work together and be more effective in achieving what it is that we're trying to do within At-Large? So this is the whole point.

And again, this is the group where most of the discussion will come from, although it's always going to be open to ... It will be a key item in the next couple of Operations, Finance, and Budget Working Group. There will be an opportunity for the different reps from each of the RALOs to update people on what is actually being suggested from within the regions, just so that everybody gets an idea of what efforts are being made by the Finance and Budget Subcommittee to forward what it is that we're trying to achieve during this year.

So my request to you is to get into your RALOs and get them talking about what ABRs they might considering and remembering that we are looking at what to suggest for Financial Year 22. And hopefully, by then, we may be, during that Financial Year 22, actually looking at a period of time where there may be more opportunity for face-to-face.

So I think if you can start planning ... At least plan for that but probably put in some alternative, if the face-to-face isn't going to be possible. Because despite the fact that there are vaccines out, I think that I read that handing vaccines out across the United States is like putting a

towering inferno out with a little firehose. So we really need to look at the availability of vaccines and whether ... [The other issue is], is everyone going to take it?

So if there isn't any other discussion, no other questions or queries that anybody has in relation to this? I assume that the Finance Team's short slide presentation will be available, if anybody wants to use that ... I think it was actually a nice, quick little presentation. If anybody wants to use that slide deck for your RALO presentations that they might want to give, Heidi can you make sure that that's available to everyone?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. I'll go ahead and put that onto the FBSC Budget Development workspace. And I'll link that. If it's not already there, I'll link it to the main FBSC workspace.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much. And also, I just wanted to make mention of the fact that ... Thank you very much to Lilian for coming. Lilian is going to be a major part of our move forward into the next ICANN meeting. But during this period is going to be quite an interesting time for the Social Media Group, in that the sorts of things that we want to be promoting in regards to getting people talking about and contributing to the discussions within their RALOs about what we need to do. And I think that our Social Media Group is going from strength to strength. And the sorts of things that we need people to know about are really going to come to the fore. And this is one of the important things, if it's going to help us achieve what we want to do within At-Large over the next year.

So is there anything else? We might be able to give you a bit of your time back for the rest of your day. Okay. Anyone? Great. Awesome. Next meeting is ... Sorry. Was that somebody?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No. Next meeting. Yeah. There's another call right after this one so it gives us a few minutes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, there is. Exactly. That's right. That next meeting of this group is actually going to be the joint meeting with the working group, which is next week. Is it not?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Hi, Maureen. Yes. We're sending a Doodle out for that. I can go ahead and add the FBSC group to that Doodle, to make sure that you're all able to be on that call.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That should be part and parcel of the working group anyway. Okay. Yeah. Send it to the [inaudible]. Okay. So if there are no other questions, let's get ready for the next meeting, then. Awesome. Thank you, everyone. Have great day.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thanks, everyone. Bye-bye.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bye, all.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Bye, everyone.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]