
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good afternoon and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the LACRALO Board Working Group call today, Thursday, Dec 10, 2020 at 23:00 UTC.

On today's call, we have on the Spanish channel Sergio Salinas Porto, Harold Arcos, Adrian Carballo, Augusto Ho, Carlos Gutierrez. And on the French channel, we have Sindy Obed. We have apologies by Sylvia Herlein Leite. From staff, we have Silvia Vivanco and myself, Claudia Ruiz. I will be managing this call today. Our interpreters today are David and Veronica on the Spanish channel, and Claire and Camila on the French line. Thanks. Sergio, you have the floor. Please go ahead.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Claudia. I would like to apologize for sending a reminder so shortly to meet again. But there are two main topics that are urgent topics for us because we have to make a decision and I believe that the Board has to review those topics. One of them is the resignation by Omir. He's going to resign to LACRALO, to his position. Augusto, I hope that you don't leave us. But this implies calling for an election and I would suggest doing this after the holidays, not right now. Pursuant to the rules and the Bylaws and the Rules of Procedure of LACRALO, and of course the region's Bylaw. Of course, this is going to imply that if there is no candidate from the Caribbean region, we will have to call for volunteers. That would be a general call for volunteers to replace this candidate or this position because Omir would have taken over his position in November, but after this situation we need to have someone by November 2021. That is one of the topics that I would

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

like to address. I don't know if there is anyone who would like to make a comment.

With Harold, we discussed and we agreed that once we decide in the Board, we are going to continue and we are going to move forward by calling for candidates after his communication to the region. Then we are going to carry out this call for elections after the holidays. And I believe that the date would be January 7. Silvia or Claudia, could you please confirm if that is the right date, if I am not mistaken? I believe that that is correct.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Hello. I am checking the calendar. I believe that ICANN opens again on January 4, if I am not mistaken, but we can coordinate details afterwards. I mean, we can coordinate details with you, Sergio. If I may, Sergio, I would like to mention Article #19 of the Rules of Procedures stating that in case of resignation or vacancy, the position has to be occupied by a member of the same region and this candidate has to be elected throughout an election or by means of an election. Perhaps the Caribbean region may have a candidate or may decide to present a candidate without having to go through the election process as a whole. And if it is impossible to find a candidate from the same sub-region for any reason, this sub-region can nominate an active member from an ALS. So the winner of the election can take over the position immediately after the election process. It makes reference to an election but I don't know if you have to make a call for candidate and to follow the whole process. Perhaps we can just choose a candidate. I'm not very clear about this.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is a general call for elections. This is a regular call for elections where we may have more than one candidate. We need to have one candidate or more than one candidate. If there is no candidate from the Caribbean region—and I am very concerned about the lack of engagement or participation that Caribbean participants have. This is not the first time that we have this situation. There is a lack of connection with the region. So I am very concerned about this. But of course we cannot make our people. We cannot invent people and candidates. So we need to have people involved with governance issues.

These difficulties that we are saying today, these problems that we face are problems that we are going to face in all the activities and in all the elections because the way in which candidates are nominated is quite restrictive, if you will, and we need a rotation and we need to respect regional balance. Of course, this implies that we do not have many people available and willing to take this or to engage and to be committed to these roles. In the case of Omir, it's a case of health issue. In the case of Carlos Leal, the situation is different but this is the second time in less than one year that we need to call for elections because of the resignation of an officer that has been elected before. So we have this call for election.

If there is only one candidate, that candidate is going to be elected by acclamation. If we have more than one candidate then we would have to go for the election. And if there are no candidates then we will have to call for candidates to run this election and to replace/occupy this position. In this situation, we may have one candidate or more than one

candidate but the Caribbean or the Mercosur regions are not able to decide upon this. This has to be decided upon by the region as a whole when it comes to the candidates. Is there anyone who has any question or comment regarding this particular topic? Okay. I see no hands up.

So let's do this. First, we are going to ask Omir to send a formal e-mail informing his resignation. This e-mail should be sent to the region. Secondly, we are going to meet with staff after the holiday period so as to coordinate this official call for elections. I see that Silvia is typing and saying that the resignation is going to be agreed upon according to Section 19 of the Rules of Procedures. Silvia, could you please post the Rules of Procedures? So can you please copy and paste that section?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes. I'm going to copy and paste the Rules of Procedures here. I would kindly ask Harold and the LACRALO Leadership to review this very carefully because this is going to be the first time that you will be applying this. So I would kindly ask you to please carefully read the rules so as to proceed accordingly.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ:

Silvia, could you please post that information on the WhatsApp chat, please, because I cannot see the chat here? I'm sorry for that.

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Yes, Carlos. There is a link inside the LACRALO webpage where you will be able to find all the information and the legal documentation for LACRALO.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ: Yes, Silvia, I know. But this is not only because of that. But I would like to check what we have discussed yesterday regarding observers. So I have to write a note and I have to see the article or sections that I need to read for that.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I am posting this information on the Board Working Group and we kindly ask you to please read the Rules of Procedures and to please read the Operating Principles because this is a legal framework for our region and we need to adhere to them and we have to stick to these documents. So it is very important that we are familiar with these documents, these are the Rules of Procedures. I'm going to post the second document. I'm going to post both documents. I know that Silvia is also posting the same information. So we have Rules of Procedures and Operating Principles available here. Both of them are also in the LACRALO chat.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ: Sergio, you mentioned that this was already applied in the past. So there is an antecedent and this is for Carlos Leal's case.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes. We are having an institutional issue arising here.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ: Okay. So let's see if there is someone who can summarize how this was carried out.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This was something that took place recently. Carlos Leal was replaced by Augusto Ho. And Augusto Ho is now on the call, I don't know if he can speak. But he replaced him in the same election. I believe it was the same election for him. I'm not sure about this. But if that is not the case, it was close to that situation. What I say here –

HAROLD ARCOS: Can you hear me?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, Harold. I can hear you. I'm going to give you the floor in a minute. What we have ahead is something that we have to take into account but this is going to be repeated. This is going to be an interesting phenomenon. This is not an election scenario but this is a scenario where there is the absence of sub-regional candidates. In that particular case, Section #19 sets forth the step forward for that process. So I would like to invite you all to read the information because regardless of the region that would have to continue, this is open for all the regions or sub-regions, and all sub-regions may be able to propose a candidate. They may be proposing more than one candidate or only one and we can elect that candidate by acclamation. So this is what we see right now. This is the situation. And we need to read these two articles in

order to be able to understand how to proceed and the process that we have ahead. Harold, please go ahead.

HAROLD ARCOS:

I hope you can hear me fine. I just wanted to say I have something small to add. Rotation is the criterion that takes precedence over what we have done so far after the mediation. In effect, whoever the candidate the Caribbean may appoint by acclamation—I mean, remember that the Caribbean can appoint someone from another region—and then we can continue with the rotation in the next elections. This is precisely the framework we have so that the Caribbean knows who is it that they have to select. If this does not happen and if the second phase is not complied with, which is an agreement of the Caribbean region with any other sub-regions to appoint someone, if that second phase is not complied with then we would go to a general one, not to break the rules but to fill the vacuum in the Caribbean. I just wanted to clarify that.

Before going to the second one, I think the region does have a capacity to do this. This would simply not create any disagreement and there would be nothing at random. On the contrary, the whole region knows the Caribbean needs to appoint a person.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

I have a question for you, Harold. Was Omir at the Finance Committee?

HAROLD ARCOS:

Can you please repeat?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Harold, which is the place that Omir is leaving when he goes away? Is it the Finance place?

HAROLD ARCOS: He was going to take office as a secretary. He was in Outreach and Engagement and we had to coordinate the Outreach Plan. And together with Juan Manuel, he had to be in charge of CROP Outreach.

INTERPRETER: We apologize, speakers overlap.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Can the Outreach and Engagement space be filled by Adrian?

HAROLD ARCOS: That is right.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, Adrian is right now in Outreach and Engagement. Or would it have to be filled by Marcelo Rodriguez?

HAROLD ARCOS: Marcelo is more connected with the communications issue. He had to be a close and strong communication because he will be working closely

with the social media area. So I think that is the space that right now he is requiring.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: My question is who should be there? Is it Adrian who should be there? Or is it Augusto who has to be there?

HAROLD ARCOS: The area of option should be Marcelo for communication so Adrian for the plan that they need to fill in there.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Adrian, can you take this challenge?

ADRIAN CARBALLO: I do like the challenge but I don't know how much this implies.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Well, I don't participate there but I think it has to do with the agenda in the region, especially with the capacity building agenda or outreach.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: We need to know whether this is a monthly meeting or two meetings a month.

SILVIA VIVANCO: This is the ALAC group that has a global strategy. This is related to capacity building, to social media. It goes on all of the relations groups.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We have two challenges. One challenge is our next chair, Augusto, in this case, will need to look into this because this is what we'll have to do in the next few months. The other challenge is Adrian should be there to strategically see where ALAC is going. Augusto, can you take this?

AUGUSTO HO: I have always faced many challenges. I have a lot of them next year. If it is necessary then I can face this for the cause.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: This is the thing. Let's say this starts in November.

INTERPRETER: We apologize. Unfortunately, the speaker is breaking up.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: If you can adapt to the issues and to the discussions going on in the region, if you're the next chair then I'm going to be supporting you. But the one who is going to make decisions and note the different timelines for the region, this is going to be you and I think this could be an area for you to have a wide view of what is being discussed in ALAC. I think this is your opportunity to be there. If the secretary were there then

maybe the secretary could support you. But I think you will need to take this challenge, Augusto.

AUGUSTO HO: I will do this gladly.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Since this is our Board meeting, my recommendation is that you take your responsibility together with Adrian and with Marcelo Rodriguez. You should form a team of three and the issues you're going to be dealing with are capacity building and outreach and engagement. You will then assume the leadership of these two directors and you will strategically work on what is going on there. Do you think you can do this?

AUGUSTO HO: I think so, if they can support me.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Just to explain what's happening at the ALAC level is discussion where everybody gives their opinion on what is being said globally and we were willing to do is listen to what the other RALOs can. So what they do is listen, take notes, and bring their ideas to the region and vice versa from the region to ALAC. So it is actually important to participate, to listen, and to bring everything to the RALO. This is a communicator role.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I think now things are a lot more clear. It is very important that you're there, Augusto, because this will make these Board meetings stronger so that we can start making sure what our agenda is. The two people I mentioned, Marcelo and Adrian, they should be part of the team to work in this area. Adrian has raised his hand.

ADRIAN CARBALLO: What is the time load? I mean, how many times a month do we need to meet? We have already understood good communication and the time that we have. Can Silvia maybe tell us something about this?

SILVIA VIVANCO: I can't tell you what the frequency is, but it is at least two meetings a month or maybe more. As we are approaching the ICANN70 meeting, we may even have weekly meetings. This is what I can see.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We now need to explain that at this stage, this is the ICANN meeting mode. So there are several meetings that will happen to prepare the meeting, and then there will be less. There will probably one or two a month. My suggestion –

HAROLD ARCOS: I hope you can hear me now. With respect to the time commitment, once we have our vice chair-elect and once ICANN70 is over, we can add the vice chair-elect. I mean, this was the expectation. So this month will be very intense for Augusto because he will need to be trained, and

then he can give the torch to the vice secretary-elect who will be elected for this. This is what is going to happen in the first few months and we hope that the Caribbean can appoint someone, whether internally or from another region but it has to be someone that will make them save time for the next and longer election process. That's all. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO:

I think it is important that the directors start being more engaged in the ALAC Working Group, both in capacity building and in communication. They need to work there as another person. We need to start leading. We can't just go around the bush. I'm not referring to anything in particular because I'm one of the group as well. But we need to accept that part of the work we are doing is we need to lead because otherwise, North America or Europe is always leading. This is political or geopolitical, I know, but this is how it is.

Every time we have a Latino chairing or leading someone, the Latino or Caribbean it seems this is something collective, and so they end up having badges and medals for something that is related more to the LACRALO as a collective. You don't have a nobility title when we do this, but it seems it becomes something like that. So we need to have a different kind of thinking and this is collective sacrifice.

That's why Augusto should face it but he must be supported. If Adrian cannot be in everything there but Marcelo is there, and if Marcelo cannot be there but Augusto can be present then the three of them can share the load. So it's not terrible because there's three to share it. But

there's two from the Latin American team who have to be there and have to be supporting. This team of three people needs to think collectively. We need to think how to make the most of this collective experience in ALAC where we have people from all the regions. So I invite you to meet. Augusto, if you need another phone number, just tell me and I can give it to you, whether it's Adrian's or Marcelo's number, and work collectively. Get organized collectively.

We are going to start seeing these reports like our vice chair will give us. I will ask this from the other Board members as well. So we will start having a team and the next 11 months are months of collective work. Both Harold and myself, we want to lead a strong region, and a strong region means strong directors working strongly and working in a network and distribute the work. This means that many of us will be working with a small effort because it has to be a collective effort and not an individual effort. If the next 11 months can work, if we can make it work this way for the next 11 months, we will see the fruit of all of these. What you will remember from all of these is that all of this work which is an underground type of work will make LACRALO be what it deserves to be which is a Latino and Caribbean region where we all work. We are not lazy. We have always been considered very conflicting people, we have very little inner drive. So I think we can now close this. Carlos Gutierrez, you now have the floor.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ: I want to segue into the next meetings. I think we can wrap this up but this leads us directly to the background work for the next meetings. The first one is the policy meeting, which should have been in the region,

and the second issue is we do not want to miss the opportunity to have the General Assembly in the middle of the year. So we can wrap this up if you want or I can just start with the next issue, as you wish.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: No, no. We can move forward.

CARLOS RAÚL GUTIÉRREZ: Okay. Excellent. I would like to mention something and this is that some days ago the survey results by David Olive were distributed. This was regarding the meeting strategy. That's why I was saying that since we are not what we have to give, it is time to start reviewing this document which is open for discussion and for the brief period of time. So we only have up until December 18 to make comments and discuss regarding this new strategy.

The document of course is a complex document and there is plenty of substance and concept. In general terms, we will see the definition of the phases to go back to face-to-face meetings. So I would like to highlight in this sense that in Phase 1—and this is going to be the first tip so as to ease the restrictions that we already have—the idea is to have low density meetings at a regional level. So that is one possibility. I was discussing this with our chair yesterday and today. I have been discussing this topic with him. And based on that concept of regional meetings, we would like to propose this group to discuss whether we would like to raise the bar in this sense and whether we would like to defend the fact that the policy meeting, that is to say the first meeting of the year, was assigned to Latin America. So the idea would be that we

make this effort to highlight Latin America, as it was the case of Germany because it was Hamburg the city. I believe that they managed that situation very well. And we need to start thinking that everything is going to work and that perhaps we can have the regional meeting for the policy meeting as well as for the mid-year meeting. So the intention would be that the Board meets in March and that the LACRALO GA let's think that we are going to be able to hold these meetings in the middle of the year.

So this is what we have been discussing so far with Sergio. So I would like to kindly ask you to review the documents so that in the next days, we can have a source of brainstorming. Because it would be great that by December 18, LACRALO may have some clear ideas on this regard and that we can put our comments for this proposal for this new strategy in order to shape all the ideas that have been shared by Sergio that I am not going to repeat again. But I think these are good ideas to take into account.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Carlos Raúl, for the link to the next topic. This is the virtual GA. Silvia has created a Wiki page with some of the ideas that were presented on Monday regarding holding virtual GA (General Assembly). So I would say this. This document mentioned by Carlos Raúl—and thanks, Carlos, because I have lost the document, so thanks for sharing it—I would say that we can share this document with the Board Working Group. And I am also sending to the group the Wiki page because I am pretty sure that we are not going to be able to copy and paste all the information there. As I said before, I am posting this

information on the Board Working Group WhatsApp group that we have available. I would do the same. I would be sending this document which is a Word document that was circulated by—if I am not mistaken, it was sent by David Olive. So I would be sending that document right now. I would kindly ask you to please read the document and discuss the document in the Board WhatsApp chat, so as to see what we are going to do.

Carlos Raúl sent an e-mail to Maureen making reference to this topic. Let's see if this is possible. If it is possible, let's make the effort. And if it is not possible, we need to define this as soon as possible. And we also need to define if we are going to use David Plumb's services. That is the other topic that we need to discuss. This topic was in standby but I believe that we have a very good asset in the region, this is Jose Arce. So it would be good that Jose Arce and David Plumb work together in a training course or in a coaching course for these 60 organizations in order to empower these 60 organizations. So what we need to discuss and decide, if we are going to use some of the resources or funds that we have available for David, I don't know the amount of time, perhaps it would be one hour to two hours or if there is a need of more time. But we would have this asset available, and he's Jose Arce. He's going to be available for our next meetings and also for the ICANN Academy in Spanish that we are going to launch in March 2022 in our General Assembly. This is going to be in Puerto Rico, in a face-to-face meeting.

So based on all this, I would say that we should start discussing all the topics just to see how we can move forward. I shared with you the link of the General Assembly, I don't know if you can see it on the screen. What we need to do right now is to start working. Later, I'm going to

circulate the document for you to read it. Silvia, I'm going to give the floor to you shortly. Would we have ahead regardless of the General Assembly, which is a whole topic, is that we have to guarantee the presence of the 60 organizations. As far as I understand, there are organizations that are almost dead, they are very inactive. They have not been participating for a long time now and we don't have any we sort of action by these ALSes. But those that are active, I believe that have to be highlighted. And for that, we are going to need the effort of all these groups just to contact these ALSes and see if we can activate them as a last resort before asking them if they're willing to be de-certified. I mean, we are not going to de-certify anyone but we can you know inform this to ALAC and see if they're going to be active or not. So we have to be sincere in the region. And I believe that one of the topics that we need to address is the fact of being sincere, we do not want to have ALSes that are not supporting the region or providing input to the region. But when you need a vote for a certain situation, they come out of the blue. Silvia, you have the floor, please go ahead.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you. Sergio, can you hear me?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yes, very faintly.

SILVIA VIVANCO: I'm sorry about this. But my headset is not being recognized by my computer. I'm reaching the end of the year and my computer is really

tired. So I would like to say that what you see on the webpage is a concept of the General Assembly. We had a very brief and informal meeting with Sergio, where we discussed some modules or blocks to address some elements in this virtual GA. In March, we're not going to hold any face-to-face meeting. So this first module was going to address the institutional aspects. We're going to have a special guest, our CEO, members of the Board, etc. And the second module would be a capacity or a training module with David Plumb. I am ready to contact him formally and let him know and ask him if he's available, as well as Jose Arce. The third module would be a roundtable to discuss the LACRALO regional strategy for five years. So these modules would extend throughout three days. And we are discussing with the staff how to organize this meeting and the time for this meeting. That is the idea, to have a virtual meeting, a very fruitful meeting for the whole region. That is to say that we have something institutional, the institutional component, but we also need to have the training component because people like receiving this sort of training. So that is all on my end. I just wanted to give you a very brief summary of our conversation.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Silvia. When you read the information on the General Assembly, you will see what we have discussed. This virtual General Assembly is aimed at working during three days for 90 minutes. With an institutional view on one hand and see where we are standing, we need to write a report for the secretariat, we need to assess and evaluate LACRALOs achievements and the progress being made. And our guests are going to be participating. When it comes to this training activity, we have to discuss with Jose Arce and David Plumb. We have funds

available for that so we are going to have two top professionals because Jose in Argentina is a top professional. So it is going to be very good that you work together under this sort of continuity in the region.

Thirdly, we have this roundtable that was an initiative by EURALO. I don't know if NARALO had a roundtable. In our particular case, I believe that our overview on our focus should be in the five-year LACRALO strategy so I would love to have this strategy defined. And in order to have a defined strategy for five years, the best thing to do is to pay attention to other strategies in other organizations or in other tractors in the region. Yesterday, I was talking to Harold about this, and Harold told me, "I don't if LACNIC or LACTLD would be discussing with us about their regional strategy." But I doubt this. Probably they will do that. We need to talk to them and see if they are interested in sharing that information with us. I believe that EURALO also addresses some other topics so perhaps we could take some topic of interest for the Latin American region and see how we can move forward. Silvia, would you like to make a comment? I see your hand's up. Is it a new hand or an old hand?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

I just wanted to remind you that LACNIC has a cooperation agreement with LACRALO. So I think we should invite them and LACTLD should be there as well. They both have a very close link with GSE, with Rodrigo de la Parra, and they're always looking into the future. So I do think that these regional stakeholders could provide a good input that would be interesting for the region, for LACRALO. You also know that ICANN have

five-year regional strategies for each of the region. So all of these strategies can play together and can be in sync. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I am seeing Marcelo has just arrived. There are big connectivity issues in Argentina. It seems Marcelo did have an issue where he lives. He lives in Chaco, really far away from where I am.

HAROLD ARCOS: I hope you can hear me.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I'll give you the floor in a minute. Marcelo, I will ask that you be in touch with Adrian, and especially with Augusto. I believe Augusto will have a working group with you and Adrian so that you can be acquainted. We made some definitions without you being here. So I hope next time you are. Harold, please go ahead. Harold?

HAROLD ARCOS: I hope you can hear me. I just wanted to say that even though the regional stakeholders such as LACNIC, well, the latest experiences have shown that it has not been very fruitful. We would like to achieve this with LACTLD and with LACNIC. We wanted to have a general approach in Kobe, and this is where some expectations were raised. And we started to work on the Universal Acceptance course and we even had to do this superficially because the institutional agendas are not necessarily adopted. So I think, for information purposes, when

analyzing the case, the ALSes will be present in this roundtable and there will be a more informative participation. So it's like saying, "I work on this and that office, in the next year I will work on this or that issue." And if you want to say what the agenda is going to be like and communicate it based on the time and productivity, for information purposes, this can be solved with a webinar or with invitations to the monthly meetings in LACRALO. And you would be very productive because it would help all the ALSes to show what the target is. The difference with ICANN is we do participate in the ICANN agenda and we have a voice, and we can have our agendas in sync together with the LACRALO agenda.

This is my perspective. We have had other experiences such as LACTLD and LACNIC. And they are both ready to coordinate certain actions but not necessarily to have agendas in sync such as planning for recent courses that we have tried to do in LACRALO. So this is my perspective. And all of us in this course, we need to start thinking as coordinators for ICANN70. This should be another perspective on the table. All of these organizations in General Assembly should listen to an information and have an assembly that will look for participation of the ALSes to bring proposals for a joint five-year agenda that we hope to build. That's all. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Is Sindy Obed in this call?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, he is in French.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I'm really happy that our friend Cindy is here. Cindy?

SINDY OBED: I just want to say that, if possible, I would like you to join at least one of the working groups in LACRALO. It is important that you are there. There are several working groups. There's one lead by Jose Arce, another led by Sylvia Herlein. There's the Governance Working Group that I am leading, Adrian is in the Capacity Building one, Marcelo is in another one. That we want our ALAC members to get on board in the work in the region. So I want to invite you to participate in one of these working groups and I would like you to join one of them. I'm not sure if you are now in one of the ALAC working groups. This is my question, actually. If you are part of one of those working groups in LACRALO and also if you have joined another one of the working groups, these are my two questions.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I would like to [refine].

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Has Cindy heard this?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, he hears us. He's asking whether he can take the floor.

INTERPRETER: He is speaking now, one moment please. Is Sindy in French, Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, Sindy is in French. Can you hear me?

SINDY OBED: It is very important for us to be able to take part in this meeting where there are so many urgent cases and so many needs in the region. So I am already a member in the Social Media Working Group. We haven't yet had many meetings. There are many new members who have written to join the group, myself included. So I am still waiting for further activity there. But if I can join you, I would like to take part in the Capacity Building Working Group, which is something I am very interested in. I'm very keen in participating there. I have organized a number of activities and chapters for the ISOC Haiti Chapter and I have worked on a number of different initiatives such as the organization of the Haitian School of Governance. And we are proud to have LACRALO as one of our partners to be able to give us greater visibility in the region and in Haiti in particular. So that's pretty much what I wanted to say. But in any case, thank you for giving me the floor and for your attention.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Sindy. I'm really happy to hear you, to listen to you, now that you're active.

Adrian is the director of this working group. I know he will be very happy to know that you want to join the working group. So I'm going to

ask both you and Adrian to be in touch. If you don't have the phone numbers, I can provide them to you. Just let me know and I will give each other the other's number so they can have it. Welcome to this boat, my dear friend. I'm sure we will be able to go ahead together.

On Monday, we all need to be at the meeting. We need to try and bring the issues that we have discussed today to the meeting and we will need to progress as fast as possible. We will see each other on Monday at 23:00 UTC.

Is there anyone else who would like to take the floor? All right. It seems nobody wants to speak so we will then be closing this meeting. Thank you very much and have a good evening. Thank you all.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]