
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group webinars team call on Thursday, 16th of July, 2020, at 19:00 UTC.

On the call today on the English channel we have Hadia Elminiawi, Joanna Kulesza, John Moore, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Barrack Otieno, and Joan Katambi. On the Spanish channel, we have Alberto Soto.

We have received apologies from Maureen Hilyard. Our Spanish interpreters for today are Sabrina and Veronica. And from staff, we have Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their names when taking the floor for the transcript purposes, and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channel. Thank you very much.

With this ... Oh, I would also like to remind everyone to please mute your microphones when not speaking to prevent background noise, and also welcome Heidi. Thank you very much as I turn the call over to you, Hadia. Hadia, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, I am. Thank you. Welcome, all, to the webinar team call. We start with the agenda. So, let's take a look at the agenda and, if it's fine with everyone, we will adopt it. I'll give you a few seconds for that.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Okay. So, seeing no hands, that agenda is adopted. Claudia is saying Abdulkarim is on audio. Hello, Abdulkarim. So, let's review the action items from our last call.

So, Yeşim was to set up a Google Doc for the Capacity Building Working Group webinars group and to focus on the website. I believe that's already done. SubPro webinar outline. Okay, I'll speak about that today.

And then, Holly Raiche, the webinar for September. I sent to Holly an e-mail in this regard. Order of future webinars; let's discuss this today. Possible other topics: rollouts of two At-Large ICANN Learn courses. We can also discuss this further today.

And then, Yeşim to schedule the next ... Okay, that's done. And Heidi to invite Josh B and Sara C to the call to address the item of issues related to the webinars technicality, and I believe Heidi did that.

So, let's go back to the agenda. Let's have the Google Doc. I don't know if ... Yeah. So, it's actually an Excel sheet. Topics of expertise. Accessibility. So, if I may ask for where those topics were incorporated? It seems like a very good list, and a comprehensive and very good list. Could you speak to that, maybe? Yeah.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Hadia? Sorry. I'm not on Zoom at this very second. I do apologize if someone has got their hand up to speak on that. The document that we created, which Yeşim kindly created, what she did is that she took the list of topics that had been listed under the EURALO ALS expertise.

And so, basically, the same topics as the EURALO ALS expertise database has just been transferred there. And what we did in EURALO is that we sent an e-mail around to all the EURALO ALSes with this document with a listing of topics, and we asked each ALS to put next to the topic that they felt where their expertise could come through.

And a similar exercise was done in NARALO, where a survey was sent around. I don't have the ins and the outs of the survey but there, again, there is a page on the NARALO Wiki portal, which I will share with you momentarily in the chat. From that, we created this Google document. Again, it's nothing that has been set by this group.

So I think, moving forward, it is more how you would like the—and I believe Abdulkarim will be leading this—[inaudible], or even set the topics. But if you give me a few minutes, I will share both links of the EURALO workspace where did the ALS expertise, as well as the NARALO.

We haven't yet done it in the three other regions. And I'm not sure if Heidi is on the call yet, but there was a suggestion where, maybe, it would be interesting to do a similar exercise in the other three regions. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Gisella, for that. Yes, indeed, it would be very useful to do this same exercise for the other three regions. So, maybe that would be an action item for today. So, let's have this webinar group send out a survey to the other three RALOs and await their responses. I see Cheryl's hand is up. Cheryl, please take the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Hadia. I just would like to see that NARALO survey before we duplicate it and send it everywhere. I mean, I'm all for doing it as a methodology. Don't get me wrong.

But my first reaction, looking at this list of categories of information ... And I think that's a great list, it's an established list, and I think we should work with that list. It's a good place to start. But as I look down that, my first thing, and I put in the chat, is, and to what criteria? How does one qualify to state one has expertise in ccTLD policy? What are our measurables, here?

One simple way, in a survey, would be—and this may be what NARALO did, but I don't know until I see it—a sliding scale: do you believe you have low, medium, high, or unbelievably expert capabilities in each of these? And that's okay. But I kind of need to see what the methodology of information collection is before we send it out. That's all. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes. Sure, Cheryl. I do definitely agree with that. We are yet to look at the surveys sent out by EURALO and NARALO. And maybe we would send the same surveys, or maybe we can change them.

So, another way forward could be that we send this to the chair of the RALO and, maybe, the chair, together with the community, could develop a similar ... Or maybe not similar. It depends on how they would like to go forward.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. Hang on, Hadia. Hadia, hang on. Hang on. I am going to try and control your enthusiasm for self-determination in multiple directions. You're going to find it a lot easier to have some form of uniformity than you are to have, "Here's a concept. Go and make your own."

And it would also be a better time management exercise if you can come up with the model, then engage the RALO, the leadership, certainly, and say, "Here is the model. Do you have any comments?" and in the absence of comments coming in by the end of the week, this is what we will send out. But if you send it out as a mission to everybody, it's going to look like a dog's breakfast by the time it comes back.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. I agree to that, as well. And I see Heidi's hand is up. Heidi, please take the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Thank you. So, right. I'm just slightly concerned that this webinar subgroup is moving ahead with this exercise when there are other elements. I know that the RALOs might be wishing to do something similar. I know that, within the post-ATLAS III survey analysis and report, there are some recommendations for identifying expertise.

So, this might be something that the RALOs wish to get involved with that the Outreach and Engagement team, or even the full Capacity Building Working Group, might wish to work on with another group, or some RALOs. I'm not sure that the remit of this webinars group to develop—

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: A survey that looks at expertise for the entire At-Large group. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you, Heidi. That makes sense. Cheryl, is this a new hand?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It is. Two things. I certainly hear and understand what Heidi said but, of course, this was an action item out of this group to put this list together. The list has been put together, and that's fine. It could be framed specifically ...

Of course, not just topics of expertise but topics of expertise that you are willing and capable to present on in our webinar series at some future point, and that might be slightly different to what has been established. And RALOs have done different things before. I mean, right now, we can see the NARALO one. But of course, I need permission to look at the EURALO one, and that's fair enough, too.

But various surveys have been done over the years. APRALO has done at least three or four, in living memory, which, in the survey, they have asked for expertise. There are all sorts of places this data exists which we've said before. Heidi, I think it might be a good idea to ask Joanna how she wants to move forward with looking at this.

But this group, if I can speak on behalf, for a moment, really wants to know from whence it can get new talent to speak on particular topics. And so, I think that's where the nexus exists. But you certainly can't impose this across RALOs without a bit more design and modeling, and I think that falls back to Joanna, doesn't it?

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Yes. Certainly, it does. I like your idea, Cheryl, about being very specific about this list. This is specifically a list for those who would like to get engaged in the webinars; to lead, maybe to be presenters, on our webinars. So, maybe narrowing this to the webinars team is a very good idea. But I would like to hear from Joanna, first, and then give the floor to Alberto.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Okay. Thank you, Hadia. I'll share my thoughts. I don't want to stop this initiative. I'm glad you guys are trying to pick this up. In that sense, I'm wondering if using this as a pilot project, which I understand Cheryl is also suggesting, might be the way forward.

But I like the work that has been done. I'm glad we have new volunteers standing out for the challenge and trying to provide a tangible output, which is always something that I appreciate. And I would love to see Abdulkarim take the lead on this, and I would love to see where this takes us.

I appreciate Cheryl's suggestion on keeping this a relatively narrow task for us to try and figure out who is available, who is able to have input for

our webinars. I would love to see this, as already said, as a pilot project, or a pilot exercise, where we try to figure out what the metrics are.

So, in that sense, I think we're free to discuss this for our own purposes. At the same time, I noted there are also more near issues, more relevant issues, at this time, that we're trying to focus on.

So I leave this to you, Hadia, how much time you want to devote to this pilot exercise that has a little bit of a broader scope, and how close you want to stay on the agenda of planning upcoming webinars. I know we have the documents that Alfredo was unable to present last time, and there already is tangible output, there.

So, in that sense, I would say we might want to pick this up once we're done with other hot items on our agenda, when we know where we're headed with the webinars plan, and I would keep this as one of the threads we're trying to pursue. I'm happy to host this initiative, also, within the entire Capacity Building Working Group. I'm certain Alfredo would also have nothing against it.

So, my personal way of approaching this would be to focus on the agenda we have, on the speakers. I know you have been in touch with Justine in terms of the upcoming webinar, which is in less than a month.

So, that would be something that I would do. I would focus on those little tasks that we have ahead of us. But this is a useful exercise, for us to think about metrics. That was my original concern: how do we assess how good of a speaker an individual would be for a particular topic?

So, I think it's good for us to try and approach this but I would not devote too much time and attention to it at this point. I hope that is helpful and clear. I don't want to stop anyone from providing tangible output. I would just like us to focus on the small tasks we have ahead, and we have a long [vision] ahead of us. So, that would be two cents. Thank you for picking this up. I think it's an interesting discussion. Thank you.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Can I make a brief comment?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, please, Abdulkarim. Alberto has had his hand up for quite some time. If could possibly give the floor to Alberto, and then you follow, Abdulkarim? Thank you. Alberto, could you please take the floor?

ALBERTO SOTO: Regarding the creation of that model and sending that to the RALO, well, I believe that RALOs have already been working and they have already been creating surveys on this topic. So, if they have to repeat that activity, I think that we will end up losing time. With that model, we are winning time, and, at the same time, we are also making the most of the RALO's participation. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Alberto. I totally agree. Abdulkarim, would you like to take the floor?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yeah. Thank you. I think I decidedly agree with Alberto. That was my line of comment. Because I was thinking we can make this thing as simple as possible. If we announce we are going in the line of having a survey, I think we're just going to [get] to keep something we can just have a single, simple Google form for. So, I don't mind whichever we want to go. I just think we can make this simple. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you, Abdulkarim. So, let's be very specific about what this is about. Joanna's human resources database was what I meant by the acronym. Something similar, smaller, but useful for our purpose? Definitely, yes.

So, let's have a list without thinking of sending out anything to the RALOs. Just let's have a list for our purpose, which is the webinars. So, let's all take a look at the Google Doc that is available now, the topics that are on it, and provide our feedback next time.

And then, again, the topics, I think, for our purpose, are too broad. So, if we say, for example, accessibility, what would this really mean to the webinars team? So, I think those topics are too broad for our purpose. And we need to narrow them to be more specific now, or maybe take some time to look at the topics and we can discuss them next time. Okay.

Joanna is saying, "Official motion to take this agenda item to the mailing list." Let's do that. Heidi is saying, "At-Large Capacity-Building webinars' speakers database." I like how you call it, Heidi, and if everyone agrees

then we call it “At-Large Capacity-Building webinars’ speakers database.”
Yeah.

So, Heidi is asking, “Joanna, which mailing list? The Capacity Building Working Group or the webinars mailing list?” Joanna, could you answer that? I then see Cheryl’s hand is up so, Cheryl, please take the floor. Joanna, would you like to answer Heidi which mailing list?

JOANNA KULESZA: Either mailing list is fine with me, Hadia. Whatever you decide. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you. So, let’s hear what others think. Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, Hadia. The reason I’m speaking is because I’m aware that Abdulkarim is only on audio and it’s hard for you to have to read out the chat constantly. But I appreciate that effort. It makes a big difference when you’re only on audio. Well managed, madam.

But can I suggest that this is a great start? Let’s cull or recategorize into overarching themes, or whatever it is—do a bit of think-tanking on this list, as has been discussed—and have that project just pottering along on the side at the moment. It should be on our to-do and not to not drop list.

And perhaps Abdulkarim can, at relatively regular intervals, bring it back to this group and see how it’s progressing. So, it’s not the priority of

taking a lot of our time, as Joanna was outlining, but it doesn't get lost or forgotten.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. So, as Joanna is saying in the chat, happy to leave this in the safe hands of Abdulkarim. Abdulkarim, would you like to take the floor?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: No, I don't think so.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Can you hear me?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thanks, Abdulkarim.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Well, I really don't have much of an opinion. I am ready to go with whatever you decide. I really don't mind.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. So, the suggestion, now, is to leave this in your hands to start looking into those topics, developing them, and maybe presenting them to this group whenever you're ready.

The thing is, I think that those topics are too broad for our purpose. But anyway, it is all yours. As Cheryl is saying, it was your idea, Abdulkarim. So, make this your task, if you will, and present it to the group, maybe, on the next call. What do you think? Present the topic. And John Moore is saying, "Could create sub-topics under the broad ones." That's a good idea, definitely. And Natalia, would you like to take the floor?

NATALIA FILINA: Yes, Hadia. Thank you very much. I'm sorry I'm late. I would like to come back to the database. I hope I will be up to date [with what I submitted]. I see the database and I'd like to say that, in EURALO, we have the same spreadsheet of expertise of our members. I think we can use our database and invite, somehow, informally, people from similar areas of knowledge. We want to see the speakers for example for future webinars with [inaudible] topics, for example. Thanks, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Alberto?

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you. Let me see if I understood correctly. Let me give you an example. For example, DNS is a broad topic. But maybe we can think of DNS and DNSSEC validations, for example. It is quite significant to the

end-users. So, maybe that would be a way of scoping our topics, if we take the DNS as an example. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Alberto. Yes, indeed. So, we need to be more specific, and the example you gave describes what we need. So, yes, we could have a webinar about DNSSEC, definitely. So, I think that's what needs to be done going forward, or maybe keep the vote topic, and then start to put some bullets under it, narrowing the area a little bit, or narrowing the topic a little bit.

And again, let's leave this to Abdulkarim, and let's see how he could go forward with this. Cheryl is saying, "Exactly, Alberto." So, Abdulkarim, if you agree, we will be leaving this initiative to you. Maybe you can present to us on our next call your tables of topics [inaudible]. Okay, very good.

And Joanna is saying, "Given we are still discussing this, I'd link it to the policy hot topics. But yes, I'm happy to leave it to Abdulkarim." Okay. Alberto is saying, "I can't lower my hand." Okay. So, that's an old hand, Alberto. I don't know the reason for that. Okay. So, it's gone.

So, if we're done with this item, we can go back to the agenda. Joanna, maybe we can ... Yeah. Let's see what Abdulkarim comes up with on our next call and then, maybe, you can link this, also, to the policy hot topic. Joanna, would you like to take the floor?

JOANNA KULESZA:

That sounds great, Hadia. Thank you very much.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you. So, preparing for the Subsequent Procedures webinar on Monday, August 3rd. I have sent an e-mail to Justine asking her to send us as soon as possible a brief about the webinar, maybe a photo of herself, a few lines about herself, and any other person whom she would like to be with her on the webinar. So, let's wait for Justine's brief. And then, I would like to ask ... Cheryl, yes. You have your hand up.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. Sorry. It just strikes me that, with some speakers, we would need to seek out a photo of them. But with our own people, who have already had formal headshots done at recent ICANN meetings with the purpose of for use in At-Large, surely we can just get to work with the images that have already been approved for use? And I know Justine has one, so I don't know we need to hold for that.

Get the brief, by all means. But rather than people having to scabble around finding a photo, we've all approved recent photos that were done formally at a couple of meetings back. New people, yeah, ask for an image. But for our own people, let's just get on with the job.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Very good. Sounds good. Heidi is saying, "Do you need to wait for the brief?" Heidi, I see your hand is up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Thank you, Hadia. So, as we've learned, the Montréal photos have the added benefit that, since they were taken at an ICANN meeting, basically, everyone has already given their permission for us to use them. So, that skips a step.

For the other speakers, we might need to reach out to them and just confirm their permission to use the photos, and particularly if we're planning on using them on Facebook. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you, Heidi. So, let's see if Justine suggests any other speakers. And if they are going to send us photos then we have to take their permission, and maybe staff could be contacting them in this regard.

And Joanna is saying, "Curious. We could coordinate with Outreach and Engagement to create promo materials, as with the ICANN68 webinars." Yes, indeed. I want to give the floor, now, to Natalia to tell us her thoughts with regard to the promotion of this webinar.

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you, Hadia. So, I would like to help again with any promo materials for webinars. But unfortunately, I hadn't time to prepare some promo cards for yesterday's webinar. If you remember, I suggested to have a [base of photos] of our future speakers, which we may use for any [promo part] and without additional questions to our speakers.

And I think it's easy to put on our Wiki page when we identified our speakers. I think I need to, I don't know, maybe half a day to prepare some promo cards for every webinar, and I will be happy to do that.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you, Natalia. As soon as we receive the materials from Justine, we can forward it to you to prepare the promo cards. Heidi is saying, "We could ask those responding to surveys to send a photo and their permission to use and add them to the database." Yes. Sure, Heidi. That's a good idea, too.

Okay. So, I think we are all set for this item. We just need Justine to send us a brief, and then we pick it up from there and start advertising the webinar. And Cheryl is saying, "[Some place] of your previous workstream. Smart, Natalia." And that's for Abdulkarim because he's on audio-only.

So, if no other comments in relation to this agenda item, let's move to our next. That would be webinars good practice document. Alfredo is not with us today. So, let's move to the upcoming webinar and At-Large Capacity Building Working Group. Let's click the link.

So, I've added one topic. I've added it just before the ... I don't know if we can refresh the page? Or maybe I did not save it again. I think I did. So, I've added one more topic, which is about the Internet of things. So, our next one, new gTLD round of Subsequent Procedures. The following one would be DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS.

The lead person, here, is Holly Raiche. I've sent out today an e-mail to Holly asking her to lead this webinar, and also telling her, of course, that she can invite whoever she sees appropriate for that webinar. I also said that we need fresh but also experienced presenters. So, let's see what Holly comes up with.

May we could update this. So, we don't know who the speakers are but we do know that the lead is Holly Raiche. So, maybe we could put, here, that the lead is Holly Raiche. And then Joanna is asking, "Has Holly confirmed?" Not yet, but I just sent out the e-mail today to her. So, we just need to wait for her response.

And then, I think we have some other suggested items which are not in the table. We can scroll down a little bit. Yeah. So, Joanna has previously suggested, I think ... We just skipped it, by the way. Maybe it's a little bit ...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Claudia, could you scroll up slightly? Hadia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I'm so sorry. It's not refreshing. One second.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. We're having a few gremlins. We've had a few gremlins on calls [today.]

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Here, here. Just above the table. Just above, yeah. If you can scroll down? Yeah, that's it. Thank you. So, Joanna had suggested a couple of webinars, copyright and capacity-building and Work Stream 2. ATRT3 is also suggested by Sébastien.

I also suggested, today, DNS and the Internet of Things. The SSAC have published a blog last year, in July 2019, about the DNS and the Internet of Things. This blog is not about a recommendation to the board but it's more of a discussion about the opportunities/the risks associated with the DNS and the Internet of Things, like the interplay between both.

And I thought that that might be a good topic for a webinar. It's new and it explores the interplay between both. So, yeah. Cheryl? Yeah, please go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, Hadia. Happy to wait until you have finished. I like your addition of the IoT topic. Thanks. That gets my support. I raised my hand because I did think we discussed in a previous meeting, or meetings, that ATRT3—and I support it absolutely as a topic—is not just ATRT3, because we do not need a 70-slide set of everything that is in the report, particularly after the public comment has finished and the board has probably made their resolutions.

What we do need is ATRT3 outcomes in the context of what it means for At-Large. Sébastien will do a great job of that but I think we need to make sure that the focusing is specific to ... For example, the most set would be looking at continuous improvement and how ALAC and At-Large could start to have envisaged and discussed what our ongoing continuous

improvement program might look like. So, that would be really valuable, narrowing down, and a timely thing to do, because it would get us ready for 2021's work, but not ATRT3 as it's writ. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you, Cheryl. Yes, indeed. So, let's change this to be output. So, maybe "outcomes of ATRT3," and also those outcomes or outputs in relation to At-Large. Would October be a good month for that, Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

It took me a moment to unmute. Sorry. Any month will do. We've finished our webinars series. We've finished. Anything we say or do from now on won't make any difference, anyway, but assuming that the board will be at the next ICANN meeting—or if not before in its, probably September, board meeting—saying whatever it wants to say about the recommendations, October would be fine.

It would be nice if it was before calendar year ends so that the outcomes of that discussion and deliberation at the webinar could be taken into account for 2021 work planning. That's all.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. So, October, I think, could be good. October or November. The public comment period, I think, ends in 16 days or so. And then, I guess, you will be reviewing the public comments and then putting forward your—

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, no, no, no, no.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: No, no, no. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Again, this is where so many people keep missing the difference between different types of public comments. Nobody will be reviewing the public comments put in by the public for the ATRT3 public comment period, other than, perhaps, a staff member to advise the board, because it's no longer our work.

It is no longer community's work. That is the board offering the community the opportunity to react, and it will be the board that does or does not take any notice of anything that is said by any of the public comments coming in, and the board does not have to do the audit trail on analysis of public comments. Not for review public comments.

So, it's just a slightly different kettle of fish, but we don't want to build expectations in our community that they will see the normal analysis that you would expect in a public comment period follow-up because it won't happen. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you, Cheryl. So, maybe putting it as our third webinar in line could be a good idea. Joanna is saying, "Just keep in mind the dates for the next AGM and for the IGF." I'm not sure. When is the IGF, Joanna?

JOANNA KULESZA: Hi, Hadia. The IGF is on the 2nd of November and the next AGM, I believe, again, is on the 17th of October. So, if I was doing this I would just put the list and leave the—

HADIA ELMINIAWI: The date.

JOANNA KULESZA: Table for the date empty, because that was the case with our last virtual meeting. We needed to re-shift some of the planned webinars to better accommodate the pre-ICANN week. So, if I was doing this job, I would probably just leave the dates open.

And if there are no objections, I would enter the topics as suggested or proposed during our last meeting. You might want to focus on who will take the lead on this, just to make sure we have people who actually know this stuff and who could be willing to help us out, and I would reach out to them to try and figure out whether they would, indeed, be willing and able to help us out.

But I would not go any further than that, especially since there will be, probably, additional action items popping up. And Heidi noted in the chat that, also, the Outreach and Engagement group might want to have a say on how we pursue this. But those would be my two cents. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Joanna. Yes, it makes perfect sense. So, that's why I said let's put it our third webinar in line and, yeah, let's decide on the date later. Heidi is saying, "Yes, it depends on ICANN69 plenary topics, as well." [inaudible] "Yes, to agree to avoid those months," Cheryl says.

If you all agree, we could ... Heidi is saying August is the SubPro, and September is, I think, DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS. So, Holly is actually the lead on the DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS. And then, the third one in line could be the ATRT3, and then the fourth could be Internet of Things.

Heidi, would you ...? ATRT3 [inaudible] in the context. Yeah. So, Cheryl is saying, "ATRT3 outcomes in the context of At-Large and a continuous improvement." So, that would be the topic, and not just ATRT3.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. I was wondering. Okay. Just to uncouple ... So, August, we have SubPro. September is DoH/DoT. October, ATRT3 outcomes, and I'll capture the rest. November, Internet of Things. Who is leading that one?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: November is Internet of Things.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, and who is leading?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: I think we could invite someone from SSAC. Maybe the chair of SSAC could take the lead [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, who from At-Large did you want to lead on that one?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. So, it has to be someone from At-Large.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, to chair. Just to chair, to moderate.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay, yeah. To moderate. I could do that if everyone is fine with that. Or if you would like to choose someone else, that's okay, as well.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think you're perfect for the job. Perfect for the job, Hadia. Go for it, dear.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. Does anyone ...? Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. One more item. Given that the August meeting is coming up rather quickly, and we do need to prepare this in advance, Hadia, are you okay

if Gisella reaches out to Justine, even today, just to move that forward and get that brief summary and some potential speakers?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah, please do.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Gisella, I'm going to assign that to you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah, yeah. Definitely, yes. Yeah, sure. And Justine is totally aware about this, even before ICANN68. I think by now she should have something prepared. So, I'm sure it shouldn't take her much time because, actually, she reached out to us before, even, ICANN68. She was brainstorming with us what exactly she would be able to present in those 90 minutes, given that it is a huge topic.

So, yeah. I'm not worried, and I think Justine will be able to send us something in the next few days. So, I see no hands up. If there are no other comments with regard to this topic, let's move to our next call. That should be [inaudible] same time, but I leave it to Heidi to confirm.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, I'm going to hand that one to you. Sorry. Hadia, are you talking about the timing of the next webinar or the timing of the next Capacity Building Working Group—

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Call. Call, I'm sorry. The next call. Yeah. The next call. No, but yeah, you're right, because we did not discuss, yet, the timing of the next webinar. And given that we are rotating, I'm not sure what's the timing on our next webinar.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hadia? Sorry. I hadn't put my hand up.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yep.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, yes.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. Thank you, Hadia. I put it in the chat. I say here that, somehow, regardless of the rotating time, due to the location of ... I was just trying to get the page of the ... There we go. The last call was at 21:00 UTC, the last webinar. So, that works well. Because the next one would need to be at 13:00 UTC, as that is already 9 PM for Justine in Kuala Lumpur.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Very good. Perfect. So, in sending out the e-mail to Justine, I didn't put a time in there because we hadn't agreed on one yet, but that's

perfect. I'll be sending out this time to her. So, we'll [offset] with the topic, speaker, and the time, and we just await the brief. I see no hands up, so let's move to our next item, which is our next call. Gisella, can you confirm, please, our next call? Or Heidi.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hadia?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes. Please, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Just looking at the agenda, I'm not sure if Alfredo is on the call.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: He's not.

GISELLA GRUBER: I don't see him, actually. But I did have just a very brief statement from [Sarah Kapolis] about the issues related to the webinars and technicalities. That's from last week.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah.

GISELLA GRUBER: Should I just read that? It's literally a two-minute statement.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, yes. Yes, yes. Please, go ahead. I just skipped it for ... I don't know why.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Okay. I did take everything back to Sarah and Josh, who are really the geniuses behind, as well as Ash, all of the magic that happens. So, this is their response. So, in terms of ICANN68, E—this is engineering in IT—it was determined it was best to secure sessions and eliminate Zoom-bombing incidence by switching to the webinar format.

The Zoom webinar format provides more control over individual features, allows for an additional role or panelist, and limits or changes the features available to attendees. The webinar format disables the ability of attendees to unmute their microphones at will and share their video. This format also eliminates the ability for attendees to view the participants' list.

These are things we can't change about the webinar format. Zoom does allow for "feature requests" but makes no promise that they will be implemented. While to change to webinars effectively stops the Zoom bombing incidents, we recognize that, for many, this also changes the dynamic of sessions, especially in terms of the ability to communicate both verbally and via chat. We are looking at the best, most secure way to restore the feeling of open format sessions.

So, for 69, I know that they definitely are taking all of your thoughts, and it's not just ALAC, into account, and I'm sure that we'll be hearing more as we progress toward 69. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Heidi. So, yes, the main concern, I think, that the attendees had, that they felt that they were in an isolated room and they did not get this feeling of a meeting room. That's precisely for the reasons you mentioned, that they cannot see other participants, they cannot chat with other participants.

So, it's an isolated room in which you're able to see the presentation or hear the presenters and only interact with them. It's more of being on a laptop or watching TV, but being alone. I'm glad to hear that they are looking into it and maybe improving this going forward. Cheryl is saying, "I will wait to the last second. They have me on audio."

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Hadia, Gisella would also like to take the floor.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Yes, please.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Hadia. Thank you, Claudia. So, Hadia, with regard to that comment, we're fully with you on that. When we attend a webinar or a session ... We actually attend a weekly session where we can't actually

see who is on the call and it is quite frustrating because, as you say, you feel like a spectator watching the screen and you can't interact with someone. And often you could think, "Oh, that person would be able to answer that question or make a very useful comment," and yet you don't know who is on the call.

So, from a staff perspective, we are waiting to find out how we're going to be running ICANN69, whether, again, we're going to be having webinar rooms. And should we be running webinar rooms, we will look into how to make people feel less isolated.

For instance, we need to clear with IT whether it will be possible to make a certain number of people panelists, just so that you join the panelist room, if I may say so, so you can see who the panelists are and how the attendees are. Again, if one can make everyone panelist, I doubt it.

There will be limitations on that, and we need to work through the limitations and any other, say, background issues that we're not fully aware of and that the tech team will be able to assist us with.

But please rest assured that we are working on this to make sure that, if ICANN69 is running on webinar rooms, we can definitely try and work on the issues. Absolutely with you on that one, and we will do our best to find a solution, hopefully, convenient to all.

We'll keep you updated, possibly, on the ICANN69 planning committee calls, and there will always be an update during the ALAC and ALT-PLUS meetings, as well, from the ICANN69 perspective. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you so much, Gisella. So, if there are no other businesses, we are—

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Hadia, one last thing. The next call, do you want it to be next Thursday, the 23rd, or do you want in two weeks on the 30th?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: No, I think next Thursday because we need to discuss ... We have the webinar in August and we need to make sure that everything is in place for that webinar. So, if everyone agrees, let's have ... Yes. The next call is the 23rd of July, 19:00 UTC. Joanna, there is nothing further for me to say. Natalia, take the floor.

NATALIA FILINA: Yes. I'm very shortly ... Thank you very much. So, as [inaudible] maybe we can organize some short webinar from our more experienced members with topics on how to be an effective speaker. I think, maybe, it can be [new year gift] webinar which we can give our community from our Capacity Building Working Group. And by the number of people who want to join this webinar, we will understand, for example, who wants to join us in the future as future speakers. It may be our idea. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. I think that's a great idea, Natalia. Let's discuss it more next time. Because I'm not [sure if this is regular] webinars, or is this in addition to the webinars we have? As I understand it, it's only to a particular group,

not to the At-Large as a whole. Anyway, let's discuss this, if you agree, next time.

NATALIA FILINA: Yes. Thank you very much, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: But I do like the idea so much.

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Seeing no hands up, and we are three minutes past our time, if there is nothing else to add, we can end this call now. I thank you all for a very productive call. I thank staff and I thank our interpreters. Thank you, all, and see you next Thursday. This call is now adjourned.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thanks to all for joining. Enjoy the rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]