
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group webinars team call on Thursday the 9th of July 2020 at 19.00 UTC.

On the call today we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard, Barrack Otieno, Joanna Kulesza, Hadia Eliminiawi, Vernatius Ezeama, and Abdulkarim Ayopo Oloyede. Alberto Soto just joined the call as well.

We have received apologies from Alfredo Calderon, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Natalia Filina, and John More.

We have Spanish interpretation on the call, and our interpreters are Lilian and Veronica. Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their names for the transcription record and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels. A friendly reminder to please keep your lines muted when not muted to prevent any background noise. Thank you very much, and with this, I turn the call over to you, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you so much, Evin. Welcome to the webinar team call. So let's take a look at the agenda and if we all agree to it, then let's adopt it. So I'll give you a few seconds to take a look at the agenda.

Seeing no hands up, the agenda is adopted, and let's go to our first agenda item, which is recap of ICANN 68 prep week webinars and sessions. So I will start briefly and then hand it over to Joanna. So At-Large had three prep sessions for ICANN 68. The first was ICANN 68

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

highlights. It was held on June 4th. Maureen started the webinar by welcoming the attendees, describing the aim of the webinar and giving an overview about At-Large 68 policy forum.

Then ALAC members Joanna, Holly Raiche, Olivier, Jonathan Zuck, and Satish Babu talked about their upcoming sessions during the ICANN 68 virtual meeting. The second prep session was held on June 10th and was about DNS abuse from an end user perspective. The session gave an overview about the types of DNS abuse, presented some of the efforts by ICANN and At-Large to contain DNS abuse, discussed recent surge in DNS abuse in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, and how end users can protect themselves. The speakers were Jonathan Zuck and Drew Bagley from Secure Domain Foundation, and the session was moderated by Joanna.

The third webinar was held on 16th of June. It was about universal acceptance, how it affects end users, language communities and ICANN at large. The speakers were Satish Babu, Roberto Gaetano and Lianna. The session gave an overview about the definitions and the site of the universal acceptance initiative, addressed end users' issues in this regard, the priorities and actions required, and finally talked about the ICANN 68 ALAC session on universal acceptance. And I moderated that one due to Joanna's prior commitment.

So I'll stop here and hand it over to Joanna to talk more about the sessions. All the webinars were very well attended, the attendees were engaged, and surveys were presented at the end of these sessions to collect the attendees' opinions with regards to the sessions. Thank you, and I leave it here to Joanna.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Thank you very much, Hadia. I don't think I have anything substantial to add. You've provided a very comprehensive overview of the prep sessions, of the prep webinars. We did indeed enjoy good attendance. From the reviews, the feedback we have gotten from the numerous participants, it seems as if that was a useful exercise, although originally, we were concerned about Zoom fatigue and the meeting actually spreading over two to three weeks because we started early.

What I found particularly useful was the At-Large highlights webinar which gave us an opportunity to introduce to our community and beyond—because we enjoyed participation also from outside the At-Large to introduce what we had planned for this unique, yet another virtual meeting.

I found it useful because it was an introduction into the speaking points highlighting what At-Large feels strongly about, where we stand, what our narrative is and how we view engagements in that virtual meeting space over the following weeks.

In that sense, I believe that prep webinars, the prep sessions were as we imagined them to be, but I would welcome feedback from the participants on this call or from any other sources if you guys talked to someone who participated or if you have an idea of what could be improved. I'm certain that there is room within this meeting for us to briefly discuss such suggestions.

I'm going to stop here. Thank you again, Hadia, for the comprehensive review of the prep sessions.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Joanna. I think the only comments I heard with regards to the sessions, and not only the prep sessions but also the sessions during the ICANN 68 were in relation to the setting of the webinar. So some of the participants were not really happy with that kind of setting, and so I don't know if anyone has feedback in that regard. And we do have an item on the agenda today that speaks to this issue.

Seeing no hands up, let's proceed to the following item, which is building a database for access on ICANN-related topics, and that was an idea presented by Abdulkarim and Joanna, and Abdulkarim talked about it yesterday during the capacity building team call. So I invite Abdulkarim to talk about this.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE:

Hello. I think I'll just quickly go through it again. The idea is for us to have a database, and the essence of the database is for us to be able to have an idea of who are the presenters we can call upon during our webinar sessions. So it's for us to create something as simple as a Google doc, name, expertise and things like that, so that we will have something to fall back on to say, "Okay, we want to have a webinar on this particular topic, and this is someone we have in mind that can actually talk about that topic." So it's just a database, nothing more than that. Thank you very much.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Abdulkarim. So my understanding from what we heard yesterday, that for now, it's not going to be a database because—maybe Cheryl can talk to us later about the database that this would be incorporated within, but for now, it's more like an Excel sheet. And here's my question. Basically, we will list the topics—may understanding—the ICANN topics and invite people to say on which topics they are experts. It's not like each expert will fill the Excel sheet with their expertise. So we will be setting the topics, and accordingly, the community will be filling in the Excel sheet based on the presented topics, right?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yes, that is correct. [inaudible] it's not a database as in database, it's nothing more than an Excel sheet. That's correct.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: For now. Yeah. So I think the first step here would be that we need to agree on the topics that are going to be on that list. Or how do you envision this to start?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yes, the first thing is for us to agree on the topic, and also, we agreed yesterday that what we also need to do is EURALO might have done something like that in the past, that we need to contact—Heidi promised to help us [inaudible] with this. So having contact to find out what is done, and to be able to [inaudible] what they've done [inaudible] or something like a questionnaire.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: A questionnaire that would be sent out to the community? Can you elaborate a little bit more on this part, Abdulkarim?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: No, what we're saying is EURALO has done something like that before, so what we need to do is to find out what they've done and see how we can improve on it.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes. Okay. For sure. So Heidi has her hand up. Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you, Hadia. I would suggest that the first step is to look at what has been done before, because there has been a lot done before. Cheryl and I worked years ago on a survey where there was identification of expertise, I believe, or if interest. We also now have information from EURALO, I believe NARALO, we have information coming in from the ATLAS III. So I think the first step in a way, like a literature review, if you might, Abdulkarim, is to see what exists out there first and then we can go and get that empirical research. That would be my suggestion. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Sure. Cheryl, would you like to speak about how this [inaudible]?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Sure. Happy to, with the limitation of being in two calls at once. I've put a lot of it in the chat, Hadia, but as Heidi has picked up, perfectly happy to revisit this sort of exercise again. I heartily believe—otherwise, I wouldn't have put the effort into it in the past, as Heidi's outlined—that the approach at that dim, distant past, I think we were calling it a speakers' bureau, Heidi. We were trying to achieve a diversity set of assets and trying not to exhaust our few volunteers that seemed to get overused and reused all the time. But the new community relationship management tool will assist tracking all of this. I'm very keen to get this thing revisited, and the basic material, the data is the very first step. So let's do a data capture on to a spreadsheet, as Abdulkarim has enthusiastically suggested as a new idea. Let's look at what is in existence and is being no doubt differently managed, and not even necessarily similarly purposed out of the RALOs. Let's get that data, let's review that data, let's see how it can be of use to our webinars going forward. Then I would suggest you always strongly balance out self-assessment and self-recommendation and self-nomination with commendation and third-party recommendations as well. Otherwise, you get incredibly vociferous and boring old people like me thinking they can do everything, and young guns who could probably run the world who however may not have the practice staying in their less than polish fields. So we need to see where the shortfalls are and where capacity building even of our speakers needs to happen as well. And I've always suggested these things need to go hand in glove, in what would be called a train the trainer exercise. But that's a whole other area. I need to get back to my other call, sorry.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. That has been really comprehensive. So the question here would be—that would be an action item here, or in the Capacity Building Working Group? Because I think that the action item in relation to the survey trying to know what other RALOs have done has been taken as an action item yesterday. We have noted as an action item yesterday.

So my question would be, is there another action item that we would like to take today, or would we wait for what happens from the first action item and then proceed? Like wait for the outcome of the—

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, Hadia, I was typing and I realized it would be quicker for me to speak. I support what you've suggested. Our job in this group is to get the topics sorted, and then that would give the opportunity for people with the relevant skillsets, experience, etc. to say, "Oh, I've presented on that in some other entity" or "I'm doing postgraduate studies in that area" or whatever, and bring themselves forward. So I think our job in this group is to get the basics, the general design, and the other falls to Joanna's larger group. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Very good. So I agree to that, and let's see what others think. I see no hands up, so let's do that.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: I also agree with that.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you, Abdulkarim. So the action item for this agenda item would be to start a list of topics that actually would be our highlight topics for participants or experts to start applying to or determine their expertise in those areas.

So if staff could actually set up a Google doc and all of us could start contributing to that Google doc, putting in topics, and maybe on our next call, we could start looking at those topics and agreeing on them or adding, deleting—because we will take time until we know, until we settle on the list of topics. So, what do you think? If so, this would be an action item for staff to set up the Google doc.

So Abdulkarim, do you have more to add with regards to this topic?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Let me think about it, then I will get back [inaudible].

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Abdulkarim. Maureen is noting in the chat, can you please also link the Google doc to the webinar workspace so that we can easily find it and contribute? Thank you for this note, Maureen. Let's do that.

Our next item was webinar practice document, and Alfredo was supposed to see to that, but Alfredo is an apology, so I guess we can skip this item today, unless someone has something to speak about with regards to this item. Joanna, would you like to take the floor to speak about the structuring?

JOANNA KULESZA: Thank you, Hadia. I'm always happy to take the floor. I'm not sure, however, what you mean by structuring in terms of good practice that we're just skipping or the future of our capacity [inaudible]?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, I just saw your comment, also please consider structuring it to reflect—structuring the Google doc you mean?

JOANNA KULESZA: Yes, that's what it was. Thank you, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay.

JOANNA KULESZA: That was the takeaway from yesterday's webinar. So we're trying to focus on specific policy areas and to make sure that we get people who will then be able to also contribute to policy development in that respect. Thank you for noting that, that was indeed related to the previous agenda item. Thank you for highlighting it. That's all I wanted to say. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you. So, do you have something to add in relation to item five? Or we can just postpone this to our next meeting.

JOANNA KULESZA: I am happy to postpone it to the next meeting. Thank you for checking, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay, thank you. So our next agenda item is upcoming webinars, and if we can click on that ... Our very next webinar is actually subsequent procedures. Yes, it is the new gTLD round and subsequent procedures, and speaker is Justine Chew. But as I understand, Justine would be inviting more speakers to her session. And I think we did start conversations with Justine, myself and Joanna, and I think right after this webinar, we can start contacting her again so that we could have the description of the session, the list of speakers, and the topics in order to be able to send out the invitations two weeks before the webinar itself.

Joanna, would you like to talk to this?

JOANNA KULESZA: Thank you, Hadia. So indeed, I believe that Justine has the final word here. I remember her being a little bit overwhelmed with all the work that is going on with SubPro. So my initial instinct would be to check back with Justine and see her plan and see how well we can accommodate her suggestions and her taking the lead on this. And with regards to following webinars, I'm wondering—I like working with timelines so I'm wondering if it might make sense to look back at our timeline in roughly a month or so with regards to the holiday season, so

it might be a bit challenging to both get our audience and our speakers to focus on the topics. But that would be my initial thoughts on these upcoming webinars.

There are a few other suggestions I've put on the floor, or in the draft, to be more specific. I appreciated contributions from Cheryl yesterday when I was trying to highlight the need for us to prioritize further work of At-Large, including continuous improvement, as per ATRT3 recommendations. So there are a few more topics. We might want to discuss these at this point or we might want to think about postponing that discussion when we get post-holiday participation. I realize that it's not holidays everywhere and I just might be laying my own bias here. So I'm happy to stand corrected and follow the overall consensus here.

So those would be my initial thoughts. Recommendation to follow Justine's lead on the next webinar, and then taking it step by step with the DOH/DOT one, I would presume we might also have the usual suspects there. And we might want to consider the proposed topics. As already said, I've been collecting ideas from the community that made their way into my mailbox or Skype chat or any other channel of communications. And I'm happy to get your feedback on those now, or we might want to pick it up once we're done with these five we have in the table. As already said, I'm always happy to talk, so I'm going to stop here. Thank you very much, Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Joanna. I guess we were talking with Justine and she was basically thinking what to—and maybe Cheryl can chime in here. Our

understanding is that those session are like introductory sessions. So Justine was thinking, should she get into details, or how should this session look like, given all the topics that subsequent procedures includes? And I think her initial thought—and I think we also agreed with that—is to give a little bit of history and an overview about the topic without getting much into details, but it's like introducing the subsequent procedures work and the topics without getting into details to the attendees.

So I would like to get your perspective on that, and I will just note Cheryl is saying August. Yes, the reports of the subsequent procedures-, as Cheryl is saying, would get out by end of July and therefore, we will be having the session on the first Monday of August, which would be August 3rd, and I guess by then, the holidays are already over, because July would have passed and August would have passed, and then September is back to work.

So I guess we are skipping the holidays this year, or with e could consider the webinars as part of our holiday. Cheryl, if you would like to speak about what you think the webinar should be addressing. And again, the lead on this is Justine, and she would be the ultimate decider, but what do you think?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I think I was presenting in my other meeting and you will have to repeat what you asked me to say. I did hear you ask me to say something.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Yes, I was just asking, Justine sent out a while ago to myself and Joanna an e-mail asking, given she has 90 minutes for that session and then given that subsequent procedures has too many topics, how should she tackle this? Her initial thought was that this should be an introductory sessions where she introduces the topic and the related topics without getting into details. And I think we agreed with that, and again, the ultimate decider here would be Justine, but then it's also good to get your perspective on that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you for that. Well, seeing as I'm co-chairing the whole of the subsequent procedures-work, yes, it's probably worthwhile asking me occasionally. So putting on my SubPro hat, what would be of most use to our community from a 101, an introductory point of view, is an explanation to our community why the matters of new gTLDs is important, what the At-Large community and the ALAC in particular has said or done in this arena in the past, what its current concerns are or focuses are, and that would involve the focus on strengthening opportunities and equity for consumers and Internet end users in the outcomes of a new gTLD process. and feel free to record that and write it down and send it to Justine. I'd definitely pitch it at that level to start with.

Justine and her small group has a huge body of work, excellent work, but it is highly detailed and would be mind numbing for those not deeply entrenched in the arcane black arts of subsequent procedures. So keeping it light, keeping it introductory, allowing then a follow-up work to be presented to a more targeted and specific audience later on.

That's fine. But I would definitely pitch it from a "What's in it from our point of view," and that's actually probably not a bad thing for even some of us moldy oldies who have found themselves particularly entrenched in only very narrow focuses such as internationalized domain names or the multilingual Internet, because new opportunities in the DNS is more than just IDNs and universal acceptance. But IDNs and universal acceptance is fundamental to all of it. So that sort of thing. Thanks.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Thank you, Cheryl. So we are certainly going to try to communicate this to Justine, and then let her set up her session as she wishes. Joanna, do you have something to add? Thank you, Hadia. No, I do not. That sounds like a perfect plan and I think that's also the initial thought that Justine shared in terms of providing an introduction into the very complex area of subsequent procedures. So I'm fully on board with that plan and I'm looking forward to the webinar. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Joanna. Maureen is saying, "Sounds good." So seeing no more hands up, we can—yes, just one more thing. I think we need to add to this table the topics that you suggested, Joanna, because right now, we have only the new gTLD rounds subsequent procedures and DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS. And we are yet to determine the speakers in this regard, and I was wondering if staff would actually help with this part, with the speakers, or maybe Jonathan. I don't know, any ideas? So I'll try to contact Jonathan. Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry, I'm happy to help, but what was the request? Looking for speakers, did you say?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, speakers for DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS webinars.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. From staff, it would likely be Paul Hoffman who was on that DOH/DOT session at ICANN 67. He's absolutely an expert, excellent presenter, so I would go with him from staff.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. And so that sounds good. So maybe you can share his e-mail with us so that we can start contacting him and telling him about the session. Joanna, please go ahead. I think you did contact him before, Joanna, right?

JOANNA KULESZA: Yes. Thank you, Hadia. And thank you, Heidi. I agree on the staff side that is a very good recommendation, but I'm also thinking that Holly Raiche might have some suggestions as she organized a couple of successful webinars or virtual ICANN sessions on DOH/DOT. And I think those were very informative and comprehensive. So she might be willing—time permitting—to take the lead. So she might be a good [speaker.] Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay, so we need to decide, do we first contact Holly? I do definitely agree on letting Holly take the lead to that session. Holly. And Cheryl is agreeing. Seeing no other—Joanna, [inaudible]. I don't know if I'm receiving the chat a little bit delayed. Yes, Cheryl is saying, "But again, at a 101 level." Yes. Okay, so if everyone agrees—Alberto is saying yes. So let's put it to Holly. "Agree with Cheryl, Holly," Maureen is saying.

Okay, so the speakers now for DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS would be Holly. Let's give her the lead on that and let her decide who's going to join her. So we would update that table with Holly Raiche as the speaker. Glenn is saying, "One of NARALO members, Michael [inaudible]." Okay. Thank you, Glenn. We need, though, to give the lead—yes, DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS. Those are the topics.

Holly did take that session at ICANN 67, so I think she will be fine with it. Okay. So the thing, I believe we need to put one speaker as the lead and then we can ask Holly to include Michael if she wishes. What do you think, Glenn? "She'll be fine with it," Maureen is saying. Okay, and Joanna is agreeing, and Glenn is also agreeing. Okay, we'll do that. So we'll update this with Holly and tell Holly about Glenn's suggestion.

Okay, so now we have the topics for August and September—

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Hand up.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry to jump in, I did have my hand up because I wanted to speak on the remaining topics just before you do. Can I just remind you that—I know [we've said we're] doing the monthly, but the months where an ICANN meeting runs, particularly virtually, are months off. So we don't have to get 12 of these things. In fact, we really only need to get eight or nine. That's with a spare. So just before we start filling up our whole calendar, just remember to block off the months where we've got, particularly now with virtual meetings, that we won't be needing to run one of those. Otherwise, we will have people bleeding at the eyes and ears in Zoom rooms. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: You're absolutely right, Cheryl, and thank you for noting this. So yes, but we can maybe update the table with Joanna's suggestion without dates, just to see the topics and see if we all agree to them. Joanna, what do you think?

JOANNA KULESZA: Thank you, Hadia. I'm happy for that to happen. I'm terrible at editing the Wiki, this is why I put them below the table. If you scroll up a little bit, they are right there, but I didn't want to mess up the table. So you or our wonderful staff support can edit it. If you scroll up, I think there are suggested topics and that's where I put them. But I'm happy to send them again over any other channel of communication. If you want to

discuss them, I'm happy to discuss them. If you want to add them to the table, I'm equally happy with that. I just didn't want to mess up the table.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Yeah. But then which order is best, and ...

JOANNA KULESZA:

Well, this is for us to decide. I think the copyright issue came up and it's quite comprehensive. If you want me to take the lead on that, I'm going to make sure that it's not just US-focused. There is a discussion we had on jurisdiction. I feel very strongly about that, so I'm happy to get my friends who do online copyright law from different perspectives to join us and to give us a brief review if we want to give the lead to Greg who I think kind of picked up that topic on the list. I'm also happy with that, but I'm going to insist on us going beyond just the US perspective. So that would be handy, I think, and useful.

The Work Stream 2, I remember us discussing and suggestions coming from Cheryl for example indicated that this is a very slow moving topic, so we might want to move it down the list if we're looking for dates, which we're not doing at this point.

And I appreciated the comments around ATRT3. I view this as an opportunity for us to discuss the continuous improvement of the multi-stakeholder model with specific emphasis on At-Large, and that was something I was trying to signal yesterday.

So this is not so much about discussing the report or feedback or what the board suggests, etc., but rather, using the ATRT3 as a point of departure for improving the multi-stakeholder model with specific emphasis on At-Large.

So I would love to see that happening. I'm not sure we're ready to discuss it because the comments to the ATRT3 report will be coming by the end of this month. We might want to postpone it as well. If I was to choose a sequence, I'd probably start with copyright as that seems sort of urgent, especially with Hamburg coming up. Then I'd go for ATRT3 because there's a lot of ground to cover, [it's got great] potential, and I'd probably leave Work Stream 2 to be the last one discussed.

There is certain discussion going on around the human rights perspective and what Work Stream 2 means, but I would postpone that as the third choice. What is more, I recall a conversation we had with the SO/AC leaders on the sequence of those two documents, whether we should put more emphasis on Work Stream 2, whether ATRT3 as more recent should supersede. So there is a discussion to be had. We might want to have these two in conjunction. I'm going to stop, Cheryl, in a moment. Just trying to conclude. So this is not to say we just want to discuss the documents but rather to provide information on the way forward for At-Large and the entire community.

One other topic that recently came up is also the concept of virtual meetings, webinars, formats, what needs to be done that's sort of related to the copyright issue. But I don't have a specific proposal there. So those would be my suggestions, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing from Cheryl. Thanks.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you so much, Joanna. What Joanna has said, I utterly and absolutely support. I think this should definitely be not yet another death by PowerPoint on the recommendations from ATRT3. I think picking up on how it ties into the multi-stakeholder model, continuous improvement—in fact, you can even draw strong parallels to the outcomes, strangely enough, of our work out of the At-Large review implementation working group on continuous improvement as well.

But you might even be able to link it, Joanna, to what, out of Work Stream 2, is talking about accountability between the SOs and the ACs. A very light touch because of resistance back then in the process to certain parts of ICANN being in any way, shape or form accountable to any other. We've matured, even in these few years, and I think there might be an opportunity for us in light of ATRT3 and the words you hear a lot, holistic review—holistic is word of the day. You can possibly get a very good session out of that and then link to a drilldown that's into some of the Work Stream 2 stuff later on.

But remember two things: timing here, when to expect the board to look at and formally resolve its reactions to ATRT3 will be at the AGM meeting, so either coming up to or coming out from then would be a wise time. And by then, the board will also have had a great deal more to report, make public, interact with us about on Work Stream 2 implementation as well. So again, just keep our timing flexible but try and leverage off those other activities as well. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. So actually, I was going to say what you said in the end, but it's good to have the ATRT3 after the public comment period and after the adoption of the board [to this] report, because since we are not going to do that before the public comment period ends, then there is no point to do it except after the public comment is done and the report has been adopted.

So if we had been able to do that before and then helped the community to help the community to comment on the report, that would have been useful. But that's not possible. So then the second best timing for that would be after the board adopts the report.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just on that, it seems to be something that—

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Cheryl, your voice is just cutting.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: The role of public comments in an ATRT or a review team report ... A review team reports to the board. The board, to ensure that the community feels fully informed, engaged, and has the opportunity to raise any huge issues, goes to public comment. A public comment period associated with a review team final report in no way, shape or form offers opportunity to modify that report. Those recommendations are what those recommendations are. And the bylaw says what the board does or does not get to do with them. It's a courtesy exercise by the board that is being run in the public comment associated with those

reports. It's different to the other sorts of reports we get in ICANN, and even helping our community understand that would be a useful exercise, regardless of whenever it occurs. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. But don't you think that the public comment sometimes highlights how implementations of these reviews could be attempted or something in that relation? Or if it's a review report, then it's not really useful. Joanna, would you like to speak to this item again?

JOANNA KULESZA: Thank you, Hadia. I think we have an understanding there in the sense of us providing feedback on what ATRT3—as Cheryl's pointing to in the comments, we might want to inform the community of what it is, what it means. I fully understand that the board is in no position to change the recommendations, but if I'm reading this correctly, ahead of ICANN 69, they might have a position developed on the comments that they have received, so it might make sense to get their feedback as well. I see Heidi's hand has been up for a while, I'd love to hear her comments if at all possible, Hadia. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: I haven't seen that. Sorry. Heidi, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. Just really quickly, as we're already starting to develop ICANN 69, keep in mind that some of these topics that are being

discussed and possibly others might be used for At-Large plenary sessions during ICANN 69 or even prep webinars during that pre-week period. So do keep that in mind, we will be needing some topics for those plenaries, and it's a longer meeting so there'll be a few more chances for that.

And also, you might wish to consider that we're hoping to have the two ICANN Learn courses ready to go by the AGM, so you might wish to have a webinar to roll those out post-AGM. And then finally, in the past, there have been webinars about the IGF. Usually, they've been done, I believe, post the IGF. So that might be one webinar that you might wish to consider, is just to have, what was discussed, what was the role of At-Large. I'm aware that it's going to be a smaller type of meeting given that it is virtual, but that still might be a suggestion. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Heidi. Those are very interesting ideas, actually, and make perfect sense. Okay, so we have only four minutes to end this call, so let's discuss more the topics of the webinars over the e-mail, and let's consider what Heidi just mentioned. So the IGF, the ICANN Learn, and I think those would be actually very useful to introduce them to the community and very beneficial, especially that we are a capacity building team and ICANN Learn definitely helps with that, or complements what we're doing. Or actually, we complement what ICANN Learn is doing. Joanna.

JOANNA KULESZA: Yes, Hadia. I fully support that. I'm a bit concerned after yesterday's meetings with the pace and the scope of the ICANN Learn courses, and I'm looking forward to a meeting for us to update ourselves on the progress and our options. So I'm glad to hear Heidi confirm we might have those released before the next AGM. I would welcome that thoroughly. I would then gladly add another webinar on introduction to those courses. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that is actually a timeline that we can maintain. So it's a strong yes for me with a little bit of a concern, but that could be just, again, my innate bias and innate anxiety that's kicking in. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you. So Cheryl is saying, "Agreed." And Heidi is saying, "I'm confident, hence my suggesting them." Okay. So let's decide on the orders over the mailing list, and update the table on our next meeting. So the following item is issues related to the webinars technicalities. And here, again, I put this topic in because some participants were not really happy with the setting of the webinars. They were not happy that they were not able to see other participants. So I don't know if anyone has something to share in this regard.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: I think I totally agree with you putting this on the agenda. and I think we need to probably—because I think people [were much more concerned] during the meeting because it was expected to be a meeting, not a webinar. So I'm not sure if we can actually say what happened during the ICANN meeting, the frustration a lot of people expressed, is actually

applicable to the webinar. So we need to look at it. Yes, I totally agree it needs to be interactive, we need to know who is there so that we can actually do [inaudible] or something like that. But I would want to say we need to be careful. It's not ... [this is webinar, it's an ICANN meeting.] Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Abdulkarim. So let's discuss this next time. Our time is up. So we need now to decide on our next call. So, would you like our next call to be next week as we usually do, or do you want to make it two weeks from now?

My suggestion would be next week, because we need to discuss the topics that we want to address.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yes to next week.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Next week.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

[Because if we're going to move into—]

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

[inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, if I can, just as I'm now in three meetings at once, if we're going to move to a fortnightly program—and I'd love us to—I would also love us to not be clashing with my time of day every fortnight like it is today. So I only have two calls back to back instead of a parallel set of calls and back to back calls. So next week, please.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. So I would also suggest [and agree, definitely, to that.] And if there is no objection, then our next call would be next week. Heidi, if you can confirm the date and time, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. On that, just the same time, same day, Thursday next week? Is that okay with everyone? And then the next question, if we're going to move the issues related to the webinars' technicalities, would you like me to invite, on your behalf, someone from the meetings team who might be able to address that?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes. That's brilliant. Thank you, Heidi. In order to have information from the people who know, yeah. Definitely. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. Thank you. I'll do that.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: So that's an action item. Okay, great. So our next call is next Thursday, same time. So if there's no other business and no one has anything to add, we can end the call, but I will give you a few seconds to think.

So "Nothing further from me," Joanna is saying, and seeing no hands up, I thank you all for this productive call. Thank you for joining. and this call is now adjourned.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thanks, everyone. Bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all. Enjoy the rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]