
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Leadership Team ALT Plus monthly call on Wednesday, 20 May 2020, at 16:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Joanna Kulesza, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Barrack Otieno, Yrjö Lansipuro, Satish Babu, Sebastien Bachollet, Glenn McKnight, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, and Ricardo Holmquist. We also have Abdulkarim Oloyede and Marita Moll. Judith Hellerstein and Eduardo Diaz are joining us at the moment as well. We have received apologies from Holly Raiche and Matthias Hudobnik. Also, Alfredo Calderon just joined. Welcome, Alfredo.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Evin Erdoğan, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Our Spanish interpreters for today are Paula and Claudia.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for transcription purposes as well as so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channel. A friendly reminder that we also have RTT live streaming on this call, and I will put the link in the chat right now so you can all follow.

Thank you very much. With this, I turn the call over to Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Claudia. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening wherever you are from and wherever you are at the

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

moment. Welcome, everyone, to our ALT Plus meeting for this month. And welcome to that person with the very long strange name in the participants list. Does that person have a real name or one we can all pronounce?

First of all, what we'll do is go through the agenda just making sure that everyone is okay with what we're going to be doing today. Of course, the policy team will do their thing after we've gone through the one and only action item that's already [covered]. We'll have a look at RALO events that might be of interest to everyone and also reports. Then look at updates and progress of post ATLAS and 2020 working group activities.

Then Gisella is going to give us an update on ICANN 68, a few developments there. Heidi will talk about additional budget requests. We're going to have a small update on the operations working group. That's actually started. We had a great first meeting the other day. Then we'll be looking at an update of the At-Large review, and Alan if he's [inaudible] will give an update on ALS mobilization [inaudible]. And an update on elections.

I just have one additional AOB which I forgot to put in when I was putting in the agenda and that was to give you an update on the social media working group rotating leadership which we're going to establish. I'll tell you more about that later. Is there anyone else who has anything else for other business or anything like that? Will we take the agenda? Sebastien?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Maureen. Yeah, I put two items on the chat I would like to add. One is Zoom fatigue and the second one is fundraising. This one may be for Glenn if he's here. But if not, I will take it. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay, then, thank you very much. We'll add that to the list. Okay, so we'll try to get through as much of the other stuff as quickly as possible so we can get on to those then.

So moving on then therefore, we've got the action item. As I said, that was something that Yesim had set up and that has all been done. So we don't have to worry about that one. Thank you very much.

What we'll do now is actually move on to the policy activities. Evin?

EVIN ERDOGDU: Hi, Maureen. Thank you so much. The CPWG just had their meeting this morning, or afternoon or evening depending on what part of the world you are in, and there has been one update at least to this agenda that's currently on your screen.

But starting from recently ratified by the ALAC since the last ALT Plus meeting there have been several statements. Noteworthy among them is the joint AFRALO-APRALO statement. This is the first joint RALO statement within the At-Large community, and it was in response to the Middle East and Adjoining Countries Strategy. It was ratified by the AFRALO and APRALO leadership as well as ALAC.

Also ratified by the ALAC were the ALAC statements on revised community travel support guidelines, the EPDP 2 public comments, and the Phase 1 initial report of the rights protection mechanisms public comment.

So the update on the CPWG today, they have recommended to the ALAC no statements regarding the public comment on the proposal for Malayalam script root zone label generation rules since this is usually not a topic that the ALAC comments on.

Beyond this, there are several ALAC statements in development as well as a RALO statement. And there's a new category that you can start to see on the At-Large policy Wiki workspace as well as on the agendas for an assigned At-Large working group for public comment. So now there's a designation showing whether it's the CPWG or the newly formed OFB working group.

So the AFRALO is developing a statement regarding the ICANN Africa Regional Plan for Fiscal Years 2021-2025. There's a link to that statement on the agenda. This will soon be submitted for public comment that closes on 27 May. They had presented to [the CPWG] on this as well.

The Draft PTI FY21-24 Strategic Plan is under the jurisdiction of the OFB working group. Holly Raiche had presented to that working group earlier this week for an ALAC statement on this topic.

There's also a Name Collision Analysis Project (NCAP) Study 1: Proposed Final Report. Justine Chew has volunteered to be on the drafting team to this and will be presenting to the CPWG on a subsequent meeting.

And finally, there is an ALAC statement in development with Hadia Elminiawi and Barrack Otieno contributing to this process. He as the At-Large liaison to the ccNSO presented to the CPWG this morning as well.

There are just a couple of notes on additional policy activity. Most of you are aware there's a single-issue call today Registry Commitments and the Role of GAC Advice and GAC Early Warning. That's at 19:00 UTC. And another reminder regarding the Consensus Playbook and the At-Large PDP 3.0 Workspace in case you have not heard of these yet.

Thanks very much. I'll turn it over to Jonathan or Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Evin.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh, go ahead, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I didn't know. I thought you weren't there, so I was going to jump in. But please go ahead, Jonathan, then I might just add a few things afterwards.

JONATHAN ZUCK: No, go ahead and make your additions because I think that was a pretty comprehensive overview. So unless there are questions, I don't think I have anything to add.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Jonathan. I was just going to add one more thing which is to remind you all—and I know that many of you on the call here are regulars on the CPWG calls—but to remind you of the excellent work that is being done by Justine Chew and her small team on the subsequent procedures process. I don't think it's listed here. I was looking at it. This is the one, the big one that we're going to have to do this year. Forget the EPDP. Forget everything else.

If it's the same size as what we had during the last round of new generic top-level domains, this is the one which is just so huge that we need to be all aware of as members of At-Large and ALAC members in particular. So it will be totally impossible to start reading about it when public consultations open up. You have to take it in your own pace. So if staff could put the link in the chat, that would be really helpful. And in your own pace, have a look through all the material which has been collected there. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Are we done with policy?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Jonathan, you might be muted. I'm done. Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, I think we're done with policy. Thank you. Go ahead, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great, okay. Woohoo! Okay, that's short and sweet but excellent work there. And thank you, Evin, for that very comprehensive explanation of what's happening there. More on that with regards to the OFB which we will talk about later.

Okay, so moving on therefore, we will go to the next section which is to look at the RALO activities and updates from RALO chairs first. Anyone have anything that they would like to bring forward of interest to our community from the RALOs? Anything exciting? I mean, I know that we've already had from AFRALO the statement that they brought to the OFB. I see a hand. Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: All right, thanks. Just in the context of the RALOs, we are going to try to put out a Doodle poll to schedule a single-purpose call for the purpose of taking the GeoNames Survey with interpretation and explanations. So the idea is to have RALOs reach out to their membership to the extent possible to get them on this call so that if there are questions that are confusing or if language can be cleared up with interpretation, we can get more feedback on this. There have been a lot of requests to have our positions more bottom-up and have more people involved, and the only way to do that is through polling. So please do fill out that Doodle poll and try to find a time or even two times if it's too difficult. Where we can [inaudible] poll. We have 50 responses, but I feel like we haven't gotten very deep. Before we draw real conclusions in terms of where the At-Large stands. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excellent. Thank you very much, Jonathan, for that reminder. Sebastien?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you, Maureen. And thank you, Jonathan. Do we have a place where we put all the items we would like this one put to our membership in the RALO and eventually to the members, our members, that means to the members of the ALSes? It would be very useful and easier if we don't duplicate the work and have one single page where we can send that to our members or write something. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Um.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Was that question to me, Sebastien, about the poll or something else? I'm sorry.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: It's a question not just for you. You bring one item and it's important. We'd like as RALO leaders to send it to our members. And I was wondering if there was one place where we can put all together the questions we want to ask. Because, for example, I am not sure that what you are talking about is enough in our monthly report or in our newsletter. But it is, therefore, you are asking for something else or something more. I am sure that there are other topics like that. If

we have one single place where all those issues are together, it will be easier for us as RALO leaders. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sebastien. I guess that's like a special reminder in this particular instance. It could go on to your website or something like that. But I guess too it's really—I'm getting from Jonathan, he's actually just reminding RALO chairs to put that on their list of items. I think that it's all part of the CPWG feedback as well, so RALO chairs could actually take back from that meeting back to their RALOs. I'm not quite sure if we really need to set up a special page or something that we can discuss. But there would be, I mean, this is a special request because we do need to get a little bit more depth in the answers being requested. A little bit more depth in that particular survey, so a little reminder to your RALO members would be really appreciated.

Seun, take the floor, please.

SEUN OJEDEJI:

Can you hear me?

JONATHAN ZUCK:

We can't really hear you. It's very faint.

SEUN OJEDEJI:

Hello? Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, Seun, I'm having difficulty hearing you.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Hello?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Very, very faint?

SEUN OJEDEJI: Hello? Is this too faint?

[OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:] Now it's better.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, it's a little bit better.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay, so I'm not using my headset now, so I hope [inaudible]. Just a couple of updates in terms of activities we are doing. We [currently] did a call for topics. As you know that we used to have a meeting of AFRALO-AfriCANN meeting during ICANN meetings. So we are currently engaging our community to get suggestions on the topic that we should be talking about during that meeting. Normally, we would form a drafting team on any topic that achieves consensus, and then during the meeting [inaudible].

To follow on to that, we also received a response to the statement which we actually drafted and wrote to ICANN during the last AfrICANN-AFRALO meeting. We received a response from the office of the CTO with regards to it. The committee is currently discussing some of the response which have quite informative or quite responsive to some of the things that we wrote in the statement that we sent during that last ICANN meeting.

We also tried to take a log, [inaudible] tried to take a log of some of the challenges if any that members may be having that may be affecting their participation within the ICANN activities. So we are kind of doing a survey at the moment considering the current COVID-19 period. We're trying to understand if there is indeed any part of the community that is actually experiencing any challenge that is affecting their participation. Perhaps the survey is also going to help us to really see whether we have the number of members who are also [inaudible] actually [inaudible] within AFRALO and within ICANN as a whole.

So those are the three main things that I think I should mention. Of course, the [inaudible] the statement of ICANN [inaudible] drafting for the AfrICANN-AFRALO [regional plan] and also the [inaudible]. Currently [inaudible] strategy and we hope that should be sent to staff or to the respective people very soon. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Seun. Obviously, lots happening in our RALOs, and I see more hands going up. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. I'd like to support what Sebastien suggested but with a proviso. I think the concept of a page where people could go, both RALOs and actual individuals, could go and say these are the things that we are actively seeking consultation with the entire At-Large community on would be a really good thing. But I would not do it right now. If you're going to do that and advertise it, you have to have a regular stream of things that are being put there. And if we do it for one and then never update it for four years, it just looks bad. So I would keep an eye on this and assuming that once a month or once every two months or even oftener we have things where we really are seeking consultation on, that we do have a single page and make it obvious that this is where you go if you want to contribute to these activities. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you for that, Alan, and noted. I think that we really do have to think about this because trying to locate the pages is a difficulty at the moment. So it's making sure that we put it somewhere, any reminders like this we need to put somewhere. Because we have got lots of pages that were actually constructed recently to do with that various activities that we're asking, we've got At-Large members participating with regards to the working group activities, capacity building, ICANN Learn courses and things. There's lots going on, and I'm just hoping that people can actually find those to access them. Alan, is this an addendum to this discussion?

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yeah, just a follow on. I would suspect this is important enough if we do it right that it's a web page, not a Wiki page buried somewhere. Thank

you. But I think it's going to require some thought. It's not something we want to do overnight, but I think it's a really great idea if we can pull it off. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I get you, and it's something that we can probably get someone to make a proposal about from this group and we can discuss that later. Okay, Satish? Sorry for keeping you waiting.

SATISH BABU: Thanks, Maureen. A quick report on two points. One is that we're working on our outreach and engagement given the COVID-19 situation which completely derailed any plan to travel not just the remaining part of this financial year but also the next year. So we're working with [GSC] and Daniel to see how we can align our activities there given these constraints.

The other is the for the ICANN 68 virtual meeting APRALO is proposing a meeting on UA/IDN. The team [being aligning] UA would be multilingual Internet. We have proposed to Maureen and we are awaiting for a confirmation. In the meantime, if there is any participation from any of the RALOs, we would welcome that. And please contact us for more details. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Perfect. Thank you, Satish, for reminding people that we'd really like to have a regionally constructed session if at all possible. Okay, Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you so much for this opportunity. Just to let you know that we finished our membership survey and we got information regarding expertise within our membership and [main] interests in the topics that are within the ICANN remit. That will help us working on going forward for the FY21.

Based on the outreach strategy that we put together, we put it together at the beginning of this year, and yesterday we just had a meeting about [inaudible] our strategy and we're rewriting the document. Basically, it will be divided in two parts. One is strategy with the pandemic and strategy without the pandemic.

Basically, during this time we're not going to do any outreach at all because if somebody tells me how to do virtual outreach, let me know because I want to learn that. It's going to be engagement. It will be a time for an opportunity to get our membership more attuned with the ICANN issues. So we plan to do small webinars. [inaudible] to do and try to engage people more in the CPWG and basically it's directed toward that. And obviously within the five strategy points from the strategic plan coming from ICANN, within that remit.

So that's basically what we're going to do going forward and that we have been doing so far. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Awesome. Thank you, Eduardo. Really looking forward to seeing that final report. Satish, is that a new hand or an old hand? Sebastien?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you very much. As the chair of EURALO. We had a EURALO monthly call yesterday. We go through all items we are discussing here. We are not yet done with our outreach strategic plan. We will have a call next week, and I hope that we will be on time for the 29th. There are so many things going on that I can't promise, and we will get feedback [inaudible] the knowledge of each of our members. Obviously, the outreach and engagement plan will be different if we have travel or not, but I think it's a good time to do better with engagement.

The second part of the call was dealing under the purview of Olivier Crépin-Leblond about the election. We have the two candidates for ALAC and one from the NomCom. We are still waiting for the other one, but I guess we will discuss that when we will be on election [part]. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sebastien. I think it's really quite exciting to hear the things that are happening in the RALOs in keeping with our goals and objectives, especially from ATLAS III. Is there anyone from LACRALO? Just going clear through the list here. I can't see anyone.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes, sorry for the interruption. We have Sergio on Spanish. One moment.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, great. Claudia, is Sergio [inaudible].

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I'm not sure. He is selected. He is not muted. Perhaps you can get back to him. I just sent him a message.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We'll give him an extra few seconds.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Can you hear me now?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We certainly can. Yes, thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Great. Thank you, Maureen. I apologize. I arrived late. I think it is now the time for me to give an update on the region, right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, correct.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Right then, on Monday we had our LACRALO monthly meeting and we had a webinar. Usually, we do this together with GSE. With the capacity building working group of LACRALO we worked on the topic of DNS. And

we have started a new section in our monthly call devoted to discussing topics related to the webinar theme among the members of the region based on some preliminary information that the members have received. I think we had a positive discussion and many members are working on all those topics.

So far as outreach is concerned, we are trying to enter into some agreement with universities in relation to ICANN issues. This will enable us to move forward perhaps not with a face-to-face roadshow but some sort of virtual roadshow where we will have a good sample of the topics and activities of the different regions. This is a new activity for us. We are inviting others to participate in activities with young people that are related to ICANN issues.

Overall, this is what I have to share with you. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Sergio. That's very—it's really important and I really do appreciate the reports being given today by the RALO leaders. I mean, it just shows the diversity of activity that's actually happening, the involvement of the members. There's some really good planning that's going on and the surveys, capacity building that's happening, it's all really positive and I really do congratulate the RALO chairs for their leadership and that work. so thank you very much. That was something from everyone.

Now moving on to reports from Item Number 6, reports from liaisons, working group chairs, etc., is there anyone who would like to give a

report on something from here? Thank you. Let's see, Yrjö has his hand up. Yrjö, take the floor, please.

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO:

Thank you, Maureen. Just to remind you that tonight or today pretty soon after this call ends at 18:00 UTC we have a leadership call with the GAC to decide on possible items for our [inaudible] joint meeting at ICANN 68. The items I have proposed and that the GAC seems to be interested in are cooperation on EPDP, cooperation of [inaudible], the DNS abuse, and effects of COVID-19 in the sense that during this pandemic societies everywhere have had to rely on the Internet for keeping their processes functioning and the roles of citizens and Internet end users are merging even more than usual. This call will be 18:00. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Yrjö. It's going to be quite a significant meeting for us working together with the GAC. That's fantastic. Thank you. Ricardo?

RICARDO HOLMQUIST:

On Monday we have the meeting of the Operations, Finance, and Budget Subcommittee (OFB-SC), soon to change it's name we think to Operations, Finance, and Budget Working Group. We had the discussion as [said] before of the PTI strategic plan. And also we heard from AFRALO the Africa regional plan for fiscal year 2021-2025.

We have a meeting next week. We don't have the date yet. We are in the Doodle process to establish it. Do have the ABR conversation. Also, do have someone from finance who is [showing] us the new budget. We [inaudible] for that [inaudible] COVID-19. That's all. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Awesome, thank you. Yes, more on the OFB later on in our program. Are there any other reports to give? Okay, that's fine. Right, thank you very much. It's good to have some updates, especially if there are any reminders or anything like that that are going to go out first of all to the regional chairs. Which is why they're involved in the ALT Plus so that they can actually share any other activities that they need to give back to their members. And also it's sharing, getting things both ways.

So moving on to the work that we're all involved in at the moment with our At-Large activities. Starting off first of all with the post-ATLAS III report that is actually being put together and that's [I assume is] not too far away from being finalized. It's a really interesting and excellent document. Eduardo, would you like to just give a brief report on that? How we're going?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes. I just wanted to say that the final document in draft form is currently being edited. We finished, we went through all the surveys and analyzed all the data and provided recommendations appropriate to each one of the survey questions. So that's the report that you will see sometime in the beginning of June once we finish the formatting and the editing of the final draft. So that's where we are. We finally, [I

already said all about it], it's just in summary it's already ready once we finish the editing of the report. That's what I wanted to say. I don't know, Maureen, if you want me to add to some of the [inaudible] recommendations or are we going to present that later on?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we might do a proper session on that one.

EDUARDO DIAZ: But you know....

MAUREEN HILYARD: So I think that....

EDUARDO DIAZ: No, I just wanted to say that....

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Sure. Bye.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Did you want to add something?

EDUARDO DIAZ: No, I was going to repeat myself, so it's okay. I'm finished.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I think this is a really significant report because it's a real bottom-up report. Recommendations that are being made in this report have been made by the ATLAS III participants. I think it's really excellent in the way it's actually being presented and that there are recommendations that will feed into the work plan that we're currently working on at the moment. All very relevant to what we're doing but that the recommendations have actually come from the people who are actually at the ATLAS III. I think it's a great report.

Okay, so moving on to our next item in our work plan section is the policy development process, probably more than policy which we have just had. So there are other things that the policy section is working on. Jonathan, do you want to just give a brief update on what that involves? Could we go back to the agenda too, please?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Sorry. You're talking about the courses and things like that?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, okay, sure. There are some things happening I guess in the periphery. One is the development of an ICANN Learn course on how

At-Large engages in the ICANN policy development process. There is a new ICANN Learn course on ICANN policy development generally. It's called Policy Development Fundamentals. It kind of gets into what the GNSO process is but interestingly enough doesn't really include much on PDP 3.0 and the new requirements for participation and things like that. But we've got a class that's pretty near final draft script on what our process looks like to engage in those various processes around ICANN.

Also, Maureen and Joanna are working on an At-Large onboarding course for ICANN Learn similar to the ones that you see for some of the other stakeholder groups. It's just kind of an introduction to At-Large.

And then the third process, we're trying to figure out a content management system for the At-Large for the intervening what might be a few years before we are actually made a part of the ITI initiative. So we're trying to figure out how best to create centralized resources that can be used by RALOs and ALSes. Like PowerPoint presentations that can be reused that explain different issues, etc., and the best way to make those available. David and the TTF have been working on this issue, and there's currently a WordPress blog that's being maintained outside the ICANN staff world. So we're looking at what the best way is to create a central repository of resources, and that conversation is ongoing.

I think that's it, Maureen, right?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, that's fantastic. Thank you. I'm glad that Heidi has actually put on the screen earlier the resource development page. That's one of those reminder pages that I was actually alluding to earlier in that we've got a page where all the sorts of things the capacity building and policy and everyone is actually working on developing resources.

One of the things that we did say while we were at ATLAS III was the fact that our At-Large ambassadors when they're going out to the regions should have a toolkit of resources that they can actually call upon to take with them when they're actually meeting with their community members. What we're trying to do here is everyone is doing their bit, which is fantastic, at developing some kind of tool that people can actually use to really support and reinforce the policy an outreach information that they're passing over when they're actually doing their work in the region.

So it's really quite exciting. So busy. So busy. I mean everyone is doing this as well as all the 101 other things that we have to do for ICANN and everyone else that we work with as well as families and as well as life. So I can appreciate that some things may not go as fast as we might wish. But at the same time, there are still a lot of people working on it and I do appreciate that.

Okay, so that of course leads on to Joanna and her capacity building activities. Joanna?

JOANNA KULESZA:

Thank you, Maureen. I assume I was given the floor. I lost the audio there for a second.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, of course.

JOANNA KULESZA: Thanks very much. Thank you. Just very briefly, the table is self-explanatory. We keep working on those three pillars. The webinars team is meeting this week.

As Jonathan indicated, we are trying to get the ICANN Learn one-on-one At-Large policy development course off the ground. Just let me echo his observations on that. On one hand, being almost completed. On the other hand, we are using this as a way to develop a good practice we could share for other courses.

So the next step would be that introduction to At-Large that Maureen and myself would like to focus on. But there are a few other ideas in the works. Daniel was kind enough to suggest we might want to also as we're doing with policy [inaudible] how we do outreach and engagement just to inform the community and get those who want to help us out on the same page. So the ICANN Learn webinars group has far-reaching plans, but we want to get this one off the ground.

And those of you who participate in that working group know that it's more of the process than the substance that's getting to us. Although, the last call we had proved that capacity building adds to policy development in more ways than one also when it comes to us trying to figure out where it is and how it is that we do things. So it's an

interesting exercise. And as Jonathan observed, we are hoping to be heading for a completion of that task.

The discussion here we're having about resources database, so a location that we could administer ourselves that would provide our users, our members with up-to-date information that is relatively copyright free or at least based on an open copyright license proves also formally challenging. We're trying to figure out a good platform to do that. [Dev] has been wonderful in providing us with updates on the progress of updating the slide deck but also with his observations on where to put the resources. I've seen Glenn referring back to the blog, and that might indeed be an option we will be considering.

But I would like to focus on the webinars for the subgroup of the capacity building working group that Hadia has been leading wonderfully. We had two webinars thus far. The first one moderated or led by Hadia and Alan focused on EPDP. The next one focused on DNS abuse. Jonathan made this meeting so successful. We're trying to figure out another date just to be able to better accommodate the needs of our members who are spread across time zones. So there will be a second edition of the DNS abuse webinar.

As you can see in the topics here, the next one is planned for June 1. We will be discussing or picking up the discussion on geopolitics and cybersecurity. We also have universal acceptance and new gTLDs on the agenda, as you can see that here.

Just let me note one of the items that might be of interest to the ALT Plus, the specific group we're meeting in here today, are the webinars

that are to lead us up to the next virtual meeting. We discussed this briefly just during one of the calls we held yesterday. It is still an open discussion how many we would like to have. I observed Sebastien's addition to the agenda and the notion of Zoom fatigue. In that sense we're trying to figure out the number of webinars leading up into ICANN 68 and the topics that should be taken for consideration. So on top of the list that you can see here with the webinars being held roughly once a month, we are thinking about setting up an additional line of webinars that would be focused on those topics that will be discussed during ICANN 68.

Let me also note that we're enjoying increased members. The capacity building working group is lucky enough to have new members joining also from local ALSes, local regions, from RALOs working for the entire community and duplicating the experience they have in the regions. In that sense, I would welcome any suggestions for good practices from the RALOs that we might want to use for the capacity building working group. I welcome your feedback and suggestions also including the capacity building webinars that will be leading us up into ICANN 68.

I'm going to stop here. I apologize to the translators if I've been going too fast. I'm working on this. This is me slowing down, and I will keep slowing down further. Thank you very much, Maureen. Back to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Joanna. I think we've all suffered that complaint and try working on slowing down, especially for our interpreters for whom we are very appreciative. Just a reminder, and I mean Joanna has reminded,

especially in the course development teams and any of the capacity building it's getting the ideas from our community. So if you're interested in joining those teams or you know others that might be interested, drag them along because everyone's ideas will be very valued.

Now is Daniel on the line? I didn't see his name. No? Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Maureen, no. I do not see Daniel on the line. Apologies.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Alright. Okay, let's move on to communications, and that's mine. As a lot of these items of which I am engaged later on I can actually give an update in the later agenda item sections when we get to discuss those. But one of the things that I was missing as I was going through the previous section on working groups and liaison reports, I hope you have been going through the chat which is probably more than I've been able to do keeping my eye on that as well, but liaisons Cheryl and Barrack put notes in the chat about their reports have been updated. And if there's any information that anyone needs, or you can always ask them anyway, that their reports are there for your information.

Okay, so let's move therefore on to ICANN 68, a very brief update on what we're doing there. Please, Gisella. Thank you. Did I see Gisella?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Yes, Gisella, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, yeah. Thank you, Gisella. We can.

GISELLA GRUBER: Great. Thank you very much, Maureen. Just a brief update on the logistical side, then we'll hand the content over to Maureen. ICANN 68, as a reminder, is a fully virtual meeting unlike ICANN 67 which had the technical team based in our Los Angeles office. We therefore have a few limitations to take into account when scheduling sessions.

You may have noticed on the block schedule presented during the last call that, for instance, we have 30-minute breaks between sessions. This is to allow for our technical team and interpreters to switch from one session to another, allowing for presentations to be uploaded and dial out, etc.

So a brief update on ICANN 68 prep week. That will be running over two weeks from the 8th to the 18th of June. The program is published on the ICANN website. Registration will be required. [inaudible] will remind everyone as soon as the registration links are available. And we will send regular reminders for that because I know that everyone's life is very busy during these unprecedented circumstances.

Coming back to the prep week, the first webinar is the Interpretation Platform Kick-Off Webinar. This will explain how interpretation will

work. two sessions will be available on Monday, 8 June, so please do take a look at the program and pencil in one of those two sessions should you be requiring interpretation during the meeting.

Also, with regards to the schedule, this is still a working document which we're finalizing on the weekly ICANN 68 planning committee calls on Tuesdays. So we had one yesterday evening UTC time. We're working on a Google document.

My apologies. The Zoom room seems to have disappeared off my screen. So [if] we are looking at the Google document, the final number of sessions are still to be confirmed and some are still subject to interpretation availability. And as explained with the additional interpretation challenges not only for us but for the interpreters as well there are just a few sessions that still need to be confirmed. So apologies if I don't see any questions in the Zoom room, but I will hand this back to Maureen for the session content. Over to you, Maureen. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, thank you, Gisella. Yes, it's interesting. We're having interesting feedback with regards to interpretation, but I'm sure that will all be sorted out once we can firmly establish where we want our sessions and how we might be able to use interpretation during that week. But one of the interesting things is that during the two weeks of ICANN prep that is actually happening before the actual meeting is that there's going to be interpretation but only occasionally. So that if we want to actually hold anything during those weeks, we're going to have to

negative somehow what we can do that will actually have interpretation because it's important that we actually have interpretation for our work. But anyway, that's work that's going on behind the scenes.

We had actually brought eight sessions during the week. I think at the moment what we've actually got is we've got our beginning and end sessions, the welcoming session which actually has the introduction of our policy platform in relation to the ICANN meeting and talking points which is going to be sort of a standard of introduction to the ICANN meeting. And of course at the end, we will have a wrap-up and debrief. And hopefully we will be able to get the Board chair Göran and other bigwigs to come along and share our final session with us.

But in between, we were discussing five policy sessions, including the one that Satish mentioned where we're actually looking at an internal one and looking at universal acceptance. But the others are very topical for us. We're still looking for a moderator for the new gTLD applicants session. Jonathan has offered if nobody else does. But these are going to be the ones that we're going to be looking at, and we just have to work on where we place them during the week. They're all going to be 90-minute sessions.

Of course, as Yrjö mentioned, the GAC-ALAC joint meeting is something that we'll be working on in our meeting later on. There's possibly a social event that we're actually looking at. More on that as that develops. I don't know what Number 6 means. "Working document." Okay, fine.

Okay, so that's what we're working on. This is what ICANN 68 planning meetings are all about. So if you want to hear what's happening, if you might be able to contribute, please come along and add your bit. I'm sure these are going to be—I mean, they're sounding really exciting at the moment, the plans that have been produced for these sessions, so I'm looking forward to them already. It's going to be a great week, but there's a lot of work. There's a lot of work involved in this, so really if you can help in any way, that would be really, really great.

Sebastien has his hand up.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you, Maureen. Just to say that during the call I [suggested] two names to the gTLD program. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sebastien. Abdulkarim, thank you for volunteering. We'll include you into the discussions that Jonathan and Justine have with regards to that new gTLD program. That sounds great. Right, I'm just looking at the time. Oops. Zooming through. Zooming through.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Sorry, Maureen. Did you...?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, Sebastien.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Sorry, Maureen. Did you get the two names? I just was—we had a discussion yesterday at the call and I put two names in the chat. You were referring to them, and then today not. Just to be sure that you have those two names because you are talking about [inaudible] today.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, yeah, I missed those sorry. But if you can just....

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yesterday I suggest that Olivier Crépin-Leblond could be one and I put my name to help also if needed. One is speaking very fast, the other is speaking very slowly, but that's okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible] see that.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, yeah, you see that because you refer to that yesterday during the call. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, exactly. I have seen those. I think that's what I'm saying. If we can get a team of people working with Jonathan because it's going to be a very topical session and we do need to actually have a really good team. And from what we're suggesting, I think it's going to be a great team. But please work with Jonathan on that one so that we can get something coordinated a little bit better than actually working with me

on this because it's something which we're assigning. I'm delegating. I'm delegating here at the moment, so I'd really like those to go straight to Jonathan. And thank you. Thank you, Jonathan.

Can we just move on now, please? I just want to—Daniel I understand has arrived. So, Daniel, would you like to give a brief update on your outreach and engagement activities, please? We're running a bit short of time now.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yeah, thank you very much. I'll be very brief, to the point.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thanks, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: [inaudible] together with the regional [inaudible] stuff and updating all the respective outreach and engagement strategy. We've also been working through the virtual outreach and engagement strategy, and at least we're moving somewhere, I think. In tomorrow's call we shall be having a comprehensive view of the [inaudible] strategy of which we shall hand over to the ALAC for [inaudible]. And then also ATLAS III [preparations] are still going on. That's just my brief update. I hand the floor back to Maureen. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Daniel. Actually, there's a lot going on in your area as well, so that's fantastic.

Okay, we're just going to move on to Heidi. Heidi, if you can give a brief overview of those additional budget requests and what they said yes to and what they said no to.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, thank you so much, Maureen. Hello, everyone. I know that next week's meeting of the OFB-WG will be going through these in greater detail. I just wanted to let you know quickly the results. For At-Large those approved were the Access by RALOs for Funding of Local Engagement Activities. These are known as the RALO discretionary funds. While \$30,000 was requested, \$20,000 was approved. So that gives every RALO \$4,000 as normal. A positive note is that in the approval text it does state, "With effect from FY22, this activity will be moved to the core ICANN budget, to be planned and (if appropriate) budgeted for on an annual basis." So that is a positive step.

The other approval for all of At-Large is the Real-time Transcription (RTT). That is in English only. Even though Spanish was requested, this time it will be English only. Again, similar approval text that it will be reviewed toward moving this support into the core budget for FY22. So that's a positive step there.

The other two that were approved are for EURALO and for LACRALO. As you know, they will be holding their face-to-face general assemblies in FY21 toward the very end of the year. They were given support for training at their general assemblies.

Those that were not approved, one was the At-Large Request for a Content Management System. That is because of, I believe, the [ITI], the rollout and the [further] rollout coming up.

There was another one for At-Large Request for Travel Support to the IGF. And then a NARALO Request for Support for the North American School of Internet Governance. That one might actually, I heard yesterday, that might be a virtual meeting.

Then also the AFRALO and At-Large Technology Task Force Request for Translation, that was a [transbot] similar to what LACRALO has. This was being requested for the AFRALO list into French, but I believe that ICANN Org is going to still look into assessing all of the tools and seeing where they can go with that one.

The AFRALO Request for Travel, Technical, and Language Services Support for the Africa Internet Summit was not approved. And the At-Large Request for Conference and Language Services Support for Ghana School of Internet Governance was not approved.

That's an overall summary. Again, this page will monitor the implementation progress of all of those that were approved. For the RALO discretionary funding, a page will be set up where it will track how the RALOs use their funding as well as the online [forms]. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Ah, thank you very much. I think that leads us very well on to the Operations, Finance, and Budget Subcommittee and Working Group. One of the things, if you click onto the link, it will take you to the page

that actually has been set up as to what is the purpose of this new group and its naming.

The Operations, Finance, and Budget Subcommittee was actually formed because, as has been noted before, the CPWG was just getting completely overloaded and needed to offload some of the things that they were covering which wasn't to do with policy. So this has gone into the Finance and Budget Subcommittee, but that was actually a very specific role. So it has become the Operations, Finance, and Budget Working Group. Just as the CPWG is a working group, we now have a working group.

However, we still have to keep the FBSC, the Finance and Budget Subcommittee because that's the one that the [RALOs] have actually appointed people who represent them in the voting of the ABR. So that still exists, but we actually have a working group that anyone is invited to.

And one of the things about this particular working group is that I would like it to be doing more analysis of the five-year operating plan as to what ICANN proposes. Analysis of what they propose to do in their operating initiatives in relation to some of the things that are important to us like the [transbot], like those sort of issues that we're raising that we always seem to get knocked back for.

So if we can do an analysis of what ICANN proposes to do and look for the gaps that we're asking for that we can actually give some better argument as to why it is important that we have these additional funding for these activities that we're requesting. I think we just have to

look—because they're always knocking us back saying that [they've] actually got their own plans. But I think that what this group will do is look at those plans and see how we can fit, how our recommendations bottom-up might be able to improve the way in which they're doing their, improve their operating plan. That's how I see that this group might be really [inaudible].

So we had a really good session, as Ricardo said, looking at some of those policy issues that aren't related to [they're] more operational policies. So it was a good start, but then we have to have another meeting where we're going to be talking to the finance people about our ABR.

So that's that one. Any questions? Any questions? No? Good, [inaudible] move on. Abdulkarim, quick, quick, quick.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yeah, sorry. Thank you very much, Maureen. I just want to ask you a question. The [inaudible] subcommittee, [have they] been agreed or [we are] still in the discussions? Because I just want to understand.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, can you just speak a little bit more slowly so I can actually understand? It was a bit blurry.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Sorry about that. The changes to the Finance and Budget Subcommittee, have they been agreed on?

MAUREEN HILYARD: What we're actually doing is the Finance and Budget Subcommittee remains open.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, I put a post in the chat. Yeah, I've used the terminology that is appropriate to the Rules of Procedure in the chat. I am sure that will satisfy [Abdulkarim's] curiosity.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thank you, Cheryl. Yes, exactly. There's no change to the existing subcommittee, but we actually are forming a working group within the operations section. Just as we have a working group for policy and for outreach and engagement, we are actually looking at creating an open membership working group. Because the FBSC is a closed membership group, whereas the operations working group is open and anyone can come to it. There's really no major change and, as Cheryl said, it is an adjunct. Is that okay? Okay, no comment.

So moving on therefore, we'll go to the At-Large Review. Again, the review report is still a work in progress, lots of work still going into that one. But we have a five-minute update from Alan about the ALS Mobilization Working Party.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. As I think I reported last time or perhaps it was just almost done, the criteria and expectations for ALSes has effectively

been completed. We are now looking at and reviewing in some detail the application process and accreditation process for accrediting new ALSes. That will be followed by updating the application form and due diligence.

Lastly, we will be looking at any changes that have to be made to the bylaws to essentially update them to where we are today in the world. At-Large has evolved over the years, and we want to make sure the bylaws reflect what we're doing and what we should be doing. And of course, the bylaws have to go out for full ICANN approval and by the Board. And the changes to the procedures also have to go to the Board for their agreement.

So we're moving along. It's not going to be completed in the next two or three weeks, but we should be in a position to provide a pretty good report during the virtual ICANN meeting and go to the ALAC and to the RALOs for final approval shortly thereafter. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Awesome. Thank you very much, Alan. Are there any questions? We're really waiting on this report too because this is going to be a major part of our review report along with all the other things that have been happening within the review implementation plan.

Just a reminder for anyone who was a lead, make sure that your dashboard is up-to-date please because we are including the dashboard added to the report because there are links right to our report and the links for every single item refers back to the dashboard about what we

proposed to do and what we actually completed so to show that it's 100% complete.

And, of course, there are some issue rising out of the ALS Mobilization that Alan has presented to us. There may be some bylaw changes that may be required because we've actually changed some things quite significantly. That may make it that we haven't completed everything because the bylaws haven't been changed. But that's something we need to work on as well.

Okay, so moving on, elections, selections, and appointments. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you, Maureen. I'll just be very quick. I wanted to let you know that we are now in pretty much the final stage of the elections. Some of the RALOs have had calls for candidates. LACRALO is having theirs today. Then starting on the 22nd, we will be going into the election period. Sorry, Claudia. And then we'll have those elections this next week.

There are, however, some people who have won by acclamation. I wanted to just state those. For AFRALO, we have Hadia Elminiawi who is the AFRALO recommended ALAC delegate to the NomCom from the African region. Her name will be recommended to the ALAC.

From APRALO, we have Holly Raiche, ALAC member who has won by acclamation.

From LACRALO, we have ALAC member coming from the Caribbean, Tracy Hackshaw. Their ALAC delegate to the NomCom from the Latin

American and the Caribbean region who will be recommended to the ALAC is Vanda Scartezini.

From NARALO all of their positions were won by acclamation. We have ALAC member Marita Moll, NARALO chair Eduardo Diaz, and the ALAC delegate to the NomCom from the North American region to be recommended to the ALAC is Glenn McKnight.

So congratulations to all who have won. And again, thanks to everyone for putting their names in. Thank you. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Heidi. Yes, so the elections will commence soon, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of that. Okay, so, Sebastien, I see a hand up.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes, thank you very much, Maureen. It's not the right time to discuss that, but I am concerned the way some elections or discussions are organized. As you may know, but, no, I need to say that I was not in charge and I am not in charge of the EURALO election. The board of EURALO decided on my proposal to give that responsibility to Olivier as Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet and Olivier [Bachollet] were nominated. Others were nominated and withdrew or didn't accept the nomination. I guess the way we are doing the election is a concern we need to discuss. Maybe a single-topic call could be useful because I am really concerned that people who could be useful for ICANN are withdrawing

for not so good reasons from my point of view. And I am not talking about my family but more generally, of course. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sebastien. That's something we can definitely discuss. I don't think [we have] been through any review of the election process at all for a while. It might be something that is timely, but we'll have to get a small group to look at that of which you can be part.

Okay, moving therefore on to—oh, Abdulkarim has a question. Abdulkarim?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE:

Yeah, thank you very much. Yeah, sorry, Maureen. I just wanted to ask a question. There was something I saw which you posted about the requirement to be an ALAC member regarding someone who is currently sitting on NomCom. I just want to clarify that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

[inaudible]

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, if I may, I'm just reading from what is stated on the election page. That says, "No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC." So that has been followed, so I think we're good there. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I was wondering if that was what Abdulkarim was referring to. Abdulkarim?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yes, that's what I was referring to.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, if you're currently on the....

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: [inaudible] it's on the bylaw?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, if you're currently a NomCom delegate and selecting members, you cannot nominate yourself as an ALAC member. Do you get it? Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: To be clear, it's not you can't nominate yourself. You cannot be nominated by anybody to be on the ALAC if you are currently serving on the NomCom. Just for clarity.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, you cannot have concurrence between any entity that receives a NomCom appointment and the council or committee that it is appointed to. There has to be no concurrence with those two things. That's all. That's an ICANN bylaw. It has nothing to do with our Rules of Procedure. Sorry, Alan.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Abdulkarim?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yeah, sorry. That's why I just wanted to point out. It's an ICANN bylaw and it's not something that can be waived aside. It's an issue for the ICANN bylaw.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We haven't [inaudible]. Do you think that it has been?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Sorry?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Are you suggesting that it has been?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Yes, I think we need to look at this. To look at the candidates and [inaudible] currently on the NomCom.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Heidi, back to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm not quite sure. Are you saying that there is someone who is a delegate to the NomCom who has been elected, who is also standing for the ALAC? The current ones are Tracy, Eric, Marita, and Hadia. None of those have actually stood for the ALAC, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes. [inaudible] the ALAC delegate I guess the nominee for LACRALO is a member of the NomCom, and Abdulkarim gets it right, I think, really. You have to look at [inaudible]. Thank you very much.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Thank you, Seb. That was what I was raising.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: To be clear, Tracy was—is a member of the NomCom up to the end of this year and he can't be elected, selected, nominated to the ALAC. We faced this problem a few times before, therefore we need to figure out. It's exactly one additional point of the question about the election and how we run [inaudible]. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: I was just going to say that if issues like this are still arising, we need to make sure that we have process in place, and I believe that should be at staff level, to make sure this does not happen again. It's getting really tiresome. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Okay, thank you for that. We'll investigate that. I know that there have been issues with regards to the changes in the way in which LACRALO has actually created [that]. Now that is a change. So that is something that LACRALO would also need to look at as well. I see Sergio has got his hand up.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sergio.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I don't know exactly what is the problem with Tracy being ALAC member. We thought there would be no problem if somebody was the NomCom may be an ALAC member because he or she has not been

proposed to be an ALAC member by the NomCom. He or she would be proposed by the region. So these are two different things. This was our understanding. One thing is that we proposed a person that is already in the NomCom and elected as an ALAC member by NomCom and quite another if that they are an ALAC member elected by the region. Is that right? Am I mistaken? And if this is a mistake, what shall we do? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sergio, for that. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Someone who has significant scars from this bylaw, and not personally. The bylaw may or may not be reasonable. It exists. We have to follow it. This is a case where it was not followed. It should have been caught a lot quicker. Let's not belabor this on a public meeting that is already overtime. But we need to make sure it doesn't happen again. And I would suggest we go on to the next topic.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Alan. Sebastien, just one brief comment, please.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, a brief comment. I agree with Alan. I just want to be sure that we understand the timing. We as At-Large, we need to select people to allow the NomCom to do its job properly. That means taking care of the balance and some other issues when they decide who they will send to

ALAC. Therefore, they need to know beforehand who will be. If you are one who was selected who knows that he will be in ALAC and you are the one who will be participating to the selection, there is a conflict of interest. It's the reason why this bylaw is existing. We may wish or not wish to have it, but it is like that. And it's happened already a few times, and I agree with Alan. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Sergio, you can have the last word. Thank you.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Maureen. I understand that there may be a conflict of interest. And if that is the case, I need some guidance. What shall I do? Shall I call another, I don't know, shall I call for other names in the Caribbean? Tell Tracy that he cannot be an ALAC member? I need some guidance, please. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, thank you. And as Abdulkarim says, yes, we do need to discuss this and it is....

ALAN GREENBERG: Maureen, may I get in please.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Go.

ALAN GREENBERG: Staff, please correct me, but my understanding is Tracy was the only nominee. Is that correct? A quick yes or no answer.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. He was the only nominee.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, therefore that should have been caught immediately upon the nomination and it should have been clear there was no nominee. At this point, he cannot go forward. And I speak having some knowledge of our rules and the bylaws and LACRALO rules. He cannot go forward. Therefore, yes, there is no choice but that position to be reopened again and another call for nominations with the incumbent somewhat delay of taking when it gets done. Hopefully, the critical timing is that the NomCom know where the ALAC members are from prior to their decisions, which at this point are closer to the end of June. So we have time to do it. We should start that immediately. There is no choice but to reopen since we have no candidates and it is not preferable to have an empty seat in the ALAC. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right, okay.

ALAN GREENBERG: By the way, if the selection has to go past the end of June for whatever reason, then so be it. The NomCom will have to make their selection, if there is one indeed for their region, at a different time. But my recollection is in this case there is no NomCom appointee to the Latin American and Caribbean region in any case, so it's not particularly relevant this year.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that's true. Okay, so that's definitely uncovered something that we need to look at. As Alan said, there are bylaw changes that we're already [inaudible]. So we might need to add a few more to it. Sergio, we're a little bit overtime, so very quickly, please.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Yeah, I will be very brief, Maureen. I really don't understand. It's not clear for me. Shall I call Tracy and say that he is no longer a candidate or a nominee? Or shall I wait for some instance that it will be settled within ALAC? I'm really very much concerned because there may be some sub-regional conflict. So I want you to be clear so that I may be clear. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sergio. As Heidi put in the staff that the staff are responsible for making contact with Tracy, although he's on the call. And we do have to look into this a little bit more. I'm well aware of the LACRALO process and the nominations as stated, that Tracy was the only

nominee. But that should have been picked up. That should have been picked up earlier.

Okay, we're six minutes over and so the interpreters are working overtime. So our other business we'll have to leave for another time. But thank you very much. Some very interesting things that have actually been brought up in the meeting today. So lots of things to be working on as well as all the other things that we have mentioned in this meeting. Thank you very much, everyone, for contributing. And we'll have to close the meeting because I don't want to keep the interpreters too much longer. Thank you very much. Okay, bye, everyone.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]