
MICHELLE DESMYETER: Welcome, everyone. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group webinar team call on Thursday, the 14th of May, 2020.

On today's call, on the English channel, we do have Alberto Soto, Alfredo Calderon, Barack Otieno, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Natalia Filina, and Joanna Kulesza.

Apologies are noted from Pierre-Jean Darres, and Olivier Crepin-Leblond.

Our Spanish interpreters today are David and Paula, and our French interpreters today are Isabel and Aurelie.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Claudia Ruiz, and myself, Michelle Desmyter, on call management.

As a friendly reminder, if you would please your name before speaking for transcription purposes and please keep your phones and microphones on mute when not speaking to avoid any background noise.

With this, I'll go ahead and turn the meeting over to Hadia and Joanna. Please begin.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you so much, Evin. Joanna, would you like to go ahead? I would just want to proceed to 2: Adopting the agenda. If I may, I would like to add to the agenda a brief discussion about the presenters and

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

diversity—the diversity of these presenters. This is a topic that was suggested by Abdulkarim on our last call. If I may, we could briefly discuss this. I believe also that Natalia had raised the issue, not with regard to diversity but she had a suggestion of making a table and allowing people to [sign up] for the webinars. So maybe we could also discuss this, but I don't think we will have the time to discuss it fully today. But let's touch on the subject today if you all agree.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Hadia, I'm happy to leave this part to you. I'm more than happy for you to give us an intro since most of the speaking points are yours. So I'm happy to give you this agenda item as well if you're willing to take it.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you. I don't actually have much to say on it. I will give you all the floor to say your ideas and opinions in this regard. So basically Natalia could tell us what she sees in this regard or Abdulkarim could tell us also his opinion. Thank you, Joanna. If you agree, we'll add this item to the agenda.

Maybe we can go now to review the pending action items from the 30th of April. We had a correction of Question 7 in the survey. With the regard to the survey, that was definitely done. The survey questions were displayed during the DNS abuse webinar correctly. Then we have to ensure that the Capacity-Building Working Group webinars will have free registration. I think Items 2 and 3 are very much related because we were definitely unable to run the Zoom webinar room last time, but I think we agreed on having a Zoom webinar room for the next webinar.

For that, we will need a preregistration as well. So maybe if staff could update us in this regard. I don't know. Yesim or Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Hi, Hadia. I believe that we agreed we would have Jonathan [for] DNS abuse the next time [inaudible] prior to the June 1st meeting. We would use the webinar room for that and we will set up registration. We just need to know the criteria. I don't know what you guys want to ask. Yeah, we can set that up. No problem.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. I think what we agreed upon was that, for now, the criteria would be just the e-mail. So that's my take on what we agreed upon because we need it to be as simple as possible in the beginning.

I leave the floor for others also to say what they think.

Alfredo?

Okay. Alfredo says, "Agreed. As simple as possible."

Michelle is saying that the interpreters are having a hard time hearing me. So I don't know—maybe they could dial me/call me if this would be better.

MICHELLE DESMYTER:

One moment, Hadia. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay.

ALFREDO CALDERON: In the meantime, this is Alfredo. Can you hear me?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, we can. I can.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Okay. I agree that, for the next round of webinars, if it's going to be a repeat of Jonathan's webinar, we should have the registration form as simple as possible and see what happens. After that, we can evolve based on something that I'm going to talk about in the best-practices point in the agenda. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Hello?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Hadia, we do hear you, but one moment. You're speaking on your Zoom audio.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah. I muted the Zoom audio now. Is this better?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: There we go. Yeah. I can hear you, loud and clear. Let me just check in with the interpreters. One moment.

If the interpreters could make sure that they hear Hadia loud and clear.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Is it better now?

So let's proceed with Agenda Item #4. That was to set up a regular Zoom room for the 4th of May webinar. That has been done. Going forward, we are going for a Zoom webinar room.

Having finished this action item, can we go to Action Item #4?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Hadia? Sorry to interrupt you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes?

ALFREDO CALDERON: It seems that Alberto has his hand up in the chat.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Alberto, can you go ahead, please?

ALBERTO SOTO: Can you hear me?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, Alberto. Thank you.

ALBERTO SOTO: Thank you. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend last week's calls. Pre-registration has to be simple, as Alfredo said. It also has to be related to the invitation. Let's say that we can have two webinars on some ICANN-related topics and I have pre-registration. So I receive an e-mail as soon as I pre-register for those meetings confirming my registration. In that e-mail, if I don't get a link to the meeting, then I won't be able to join the meeting. If I register for that webinar a week earlier, then I will have to go through 300 e-mails to find that invitation. So let's try to keep it as simple as possible.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Alberto. I think this is what we agreed upon. So, when you register and you provide your e-mail, you will get a reply with a link. Staff is to confirm that. Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes. Correct. That's what we were thinking about doing.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you so much. Any other ideas on this topic?

I see none. Alfredo?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Just to confirm: With the registration form, once the person interested receives a reply and is approved, he'll also get the option of adding it to his or her calendar, like in some other webinars that I've been participating in. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Alfredo. That's a very good question. Again, we refer to Claudia.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I think another option, if I'm understanding correctly, is if, for example, we have people who want to join who did not preregister. They can join. They just need to enter their e-mail address at that time and we have that saved. I will look into having that [put] onto your calendar. I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that, Alfredo.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you so much. So actually we will have two methods of attending this webinar. The first is to pre-register and receive the link before the webinar. The second is the possibility of entering your e-mail at the time of the webinar and being approved at that time and attending the webinar. So preregistration is not a must.

Is that correct? Also, do you all agree on that? I'm personally fine with it.

I see Abdulkarim. He has his hand up.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Thank you. I think, usually, [what we have for webinars is either you preregister,] that works, [rather than] preregistering is to register at the time of the webinar. So, at that time, you don't need to go to your e-mail or get a confirmation. You just register at the time of going into the meeting or the webinar. It registers you automatically and takes you straight into the meeting room.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: So I think [inaudible].

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Than you for that, Abdulkarim.

Claudia, this is what is going to happen, right? You will have two options: either to preregister or register at the time of the webinar?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Correct. Yes, those are both options.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you so much. If there are no more thoughts in this regard, we can go back to the agenda: Item #4. That's reviewing the DNS abuse webinar. The survey questions, I guess, were fine. That's an old agenda item, but we actually concluded what we wanted to do today: review what went well and what could be improved in relation to the DNS abuse webinar. To me, I think it went very well.

One thing: Jonathan did not actually play the video, and he went along with the presentation. I'm not sure why, though. So maybe that's a question for him. I assume that there were no technical difficulties from our side that did not allow him to do that. That's what I assume.

Also, I found the idea of having the quizzes during the presentation was very good. The response of the audience was also good.

I don't know what needs to be improved. Alfredo, maybe, or others, if you would like to comment on what went well and what could be improved?

ALFREDO CALDERON:

I actually can't because I wasn't able to participate on the webinar, so I really don't have anything else to say.

But I do have a concern because I thought that Jonathan was going to use the video. Why didn't he use it? That's one thing.

The other thing is, why isn't the video part of the resources in the table of the webinars that have been offered so far? Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. We definitely need to add the video to the resources. Again, we need to go back to Jonathan in this regard. I don't know if staff has any kind of idea why Jonathan ... Is it because of any kind of difficulty from our side or is it just that he decided to go along with a presentation? Yesim, Claudia, or Gisella?

Okay. So that's a question for Jonathan.

Also, do we have the results of the survey? If we could actually circulated that—the results of the poll—Evin.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Hi, Hadia. This is Claudia again. I do have the results. I'm actually looking for them right now, trying to fish them out. The only problem is, with the way that Zoom generates it, it's not very practical, so we need to find a way ... We were trying to have them displayed in some sort of a graph, but we weren't able to do that. We're just trying to figure this out right now so we can show the results in an easier way than the way they are generated from Zoom at the moment.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you so much. Let's take this as an action item for next time: displaying the results of the survey. My idea is for it to be something visual or a table—whatever is actually easier for you and would give us actually an idea of the answers and demographics, for example, of the attendees and that sort of thing.

Maureen is saying, "Can you just do a screen dump of the results?"
Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Let me pull up what I can get. I'm just trying to look for it right now. Let me try to pull it up right now and I can show you guys what I mean about the way that they are generated. One moment while I look for this.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Heidi is asking to minimize staff work on this. That's fine. We don't need to have it in a fancy way or anything.

Okay, a graph is fine. Definitely it is. A graph is good. This is not too much for staff. A graph is absolutely fine.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry. Hadia?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think you've missed the word "not": "Not have staff prepare a graph."

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Cheryl, would you like to take the floor, please?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. Thank you. Good timing. I need to get into a second call, of course, in a moment, one I'm co-chairing. So I need to pay more attention to it at times. I just wanted to point out that there were a couple of people concerned during the call about the survey and feedback. We probably need to look at ... Because they wouldn't have been able to give the feedback, but they were having the trouble giving the feedback because they can't give the feedback. But there was some chatter going on about, "How do I do this? Where do I find this?" It may be that they were using mobiles. I can assure you that Zoom is an absolute bitch when it comes to working on some mobile platforms. You've sacrificed. You can only have one screen open. It gets very complicated. We might need to be very aware of the platforms that people are using and do some verbal instructions as things are not necessarily intuitive as they may be when you're looking at a main screen.

With that, I shall shoosh up [inaudible].

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Cheryl. You're absolutely right that some people were unable to give the feedback. Definitely this is because of the media that they were using. I'm not sure exactly if they were ... Definitely, yes, it wasn't a laptop or a desktop. Maybe it was a mobile phone and they were on audio. I don't know. I think I did reach out to Dr. Gopal and asked him about the media that he was using because he was one of the people that actually said that he was not able to provide the feedback. So that's an item also to look more into. Maybe Claudia also could be of help in this regard.

Alfredo, would you like to take the floor, please?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Yes. Actually, if you try to see the poll on an iPhone, it's not possible. So that probably was his issue.

The other thing is that's why I asked that we use a webinar: if we have the registration form and we have the e-mail, once we finish the webinar, we can send out a survey or a poll or whatever you want to call it with the questions to all the participants and we would get back the feedback, something similar to what we do after the calls where we had the real-time transcription; we receive an e-mail with a Google form and we fill it out and that's it So that will solve that problem because everybody that registers—you have their e-mails—will get the survey or the poll questions. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAMI: Thanks, Alfredo, for that. Also, I think we need also to share the feedback with the attendees, with the community. So maybe also we could have the generated graph on the wiki as well.

Cheryl is saying, "We can't force media and tool choice. I'm about to put this meeting into my mobile. So even chat will be a [darn] issue. Indeed, the advantage of post-session feedback." Definitely. That's what Alfredo said as well.

If there are no more thoughts in this regard, let's go ahead to the next item, which is best practices. Alfredo, would you like to take the floor?

ALFREDO CALDERON:

Sure. A couple of weeks ago, I started thinking about the process we were following between our webinars and getting ready for the next one. I started thinking backwards in terms of what are the thing that we have to do in order to have a webinar ready to operate, using the Zoom webinar room for the way we deliver the webinars. So I started thinking of what do we have to do the four weeks before the webinars, three weeks before, two weeks before, and the week we're having the webinar. I know that Point #4 says the webinar week, and that is because we decided that it was on Monday. But, if we change the day to a Tuesday or something, we might reconsider that. Or we can change it from four weeks to three weeks before the webinar.

For example, the first thing we have to do is, as we've done so far, identify the topic, invite the possible speakers, send them the invitation with the template that we worked on in terms of what are the expectations and what we expect from them, and then we should get the confirmation by the end of that week so that then we can send them the official letter confirming that they will be the speakers, when is the date, the time, and so forth, with all the details from them [inaudible] set up the promotion or the communication we're going to be sharing with the community. When I say "community," I'm not only talking about the ICANN community but I'm talking about the prospects and possible participants that we might have interested from outside the community, especially thinking about the Fellows and Next Gen. For people that might be interested in applying for the Fellowship or the Next Gen are not really aware what happens within the ICANN ecosystem. This would be a great opportunity for them to know about

that if we can manage to spread the word outside of the ICANN community and invite them to one of our webinars.

After that, we should have, at least before the webinars so we can set up the adequate slide decks with all the full questions and the quizzes, if we keep on working on the polls setup or we if we decide to do a post-survey after the webinar ...

We'll also be able to have all the materials in place to do this social media networking, sharing the promotion and announcing the webinars to all the audience we need. So it would be a [inaudible] Facebook polls, Instagram, and everything else that we can think about so we're ready to have the audience we want to have for the webinar.

In the meantime, they'll be registering. We'll have their information, their name, and their e-mail, and we can follow up with them after we offer them a webinar as well.

So, basically, I'm trying to think of what are the steps that we have to have in place so we can set up something like best practices towards each one of the webinars we set up. Those are some of my ideas. We can refine this as well as we move forward. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you so much, Alfredo. Definitely we need such a framework or toolkit, as you call it. As a start, I think it's very good.

The only thing is I would see that we require more time than that for promotion and social media networking. So, number one, in the fourth week in advance, we invite the possible speakers. In the third week of

advance, we send a confirmation letter to speakers with details. And I would say inviting possible speakers and maybe sending the confirmation letter should be within the fourth week. Within the third week, we would receive, for example, the short description about the webinar because this is actually what we use for the promotion. So that part we need to receive even before the slide deck. So even if the slide deck is not—second week to definitely be for receiving the slide deck, but we need, before that, in the third week, to receive a description about the webinar, the presenters, photos, and a short profile. Using that, we could start promoting the webinar, starting from the beginning of the second week or the end of the third week. But, if we leave the promotion to the second week, it might tend to happen at the end of the second week, which, again, won't give much time for that. So my suggestion here is to fit the promotion to be within the third week.

Alfredo, you have your hand up.

ALFREDO CALDERON:

My suggestion is, Hadia, is to covert this into a Google Doc and we start working on it so we can build into it and we can have some sort of a final document so we can follow that as a best practice or toolkit or whatever we want to call it. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you so much, Alfredo. That would be an action item: transferring this document into a Google Doc and sending us a link so that we can all contribute to it. Thank you again, Alfredo, for this work, which is very much needed.

If there are no more thoughts with regard to this agenda item, we can go to our next item: feedback from interpreters. Gisella, would you like to speak to that?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: I'm making sure Gisella [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

MICHELLE DESMYTER: One moment. I'm checking Gisella's line. One moment.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Gisella, your line is open.

GISELLA GRUBER: Hi, Michelle. Good evening, everyone. Sorry, I'm just trying to [inaudible]. Sorry, is with regards to the interpretation? I haven't been on the call all the time.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, that's with regard to the interpreters' feedback.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you very much. Thank you, Hadia, for giving me the floor. As I've put in the e-mail to the team, I think that the feedback that the interpreters we can use to put it as best practice for participating in webinars. And I'd say not only in webinars; it's generally for all calls that we run on Zoom, which are all of our calls. What I've just been working on is putting something together. Now, it can either be in the meeting invitation. Sometimes just scan the meeting participation to pick up the link to the Zoom and maybe potentially some additional information on the topic, but I'd say with regards to housekeeping, it's not necessarily something that people are going to read step-by-step and it's going to sink in.

So I thought that, if we put it not only on the meeting invitation—the few housekeeping and best practice—but also put it on the wiki page of the actual webinar and taking this further out of this realm and into the regular working group calls and then maybe revamping the housekeeping slide for the webinar—I'm just working with the team on that: what are the four or five essential points that we need to get through to people in order to run a webinar well and to make sure that the interpreters can interpret accurately because I think that is very important ... They are doing such an amazing job. We have it on this call. They are our ears and they will be interpreting into English, French, and Spanish. Unless they can good audio, it is making life very difficult for them, and also at times the interpretation might not be accurate. That's not them not doing their job properly but the audio not being good or people just not following simple guidelines.

If you're in agreement, I'm happy to come up with something very brief that we can add to the meeting invitations as well as to the wiki page and just a clear pointer to please follow certain guidelines to make the webinars as effective as possible. If you could just take a few minutes to read through what I put in that e-mail—it was on the 7th of May that I sent it to the team—and just see what the Spanish and French interpreters said. I think that all those who are on the call today are well aware of these points and probably some ... We're all culprits of not saying our names and sometimes speaking too fast, etc. But, if you're all in agreement, I'll just put something together and then we can add it to the next webinar invitation. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Gisella. I think it's very helpful to do that. As you said, putting out in the meeting invitation on the wiki page of the webinar and maybe also revamping the housekeeping slides so that it would include some of that as well ...

Alfredo, you have your hand up.

ALFREDO CALDERON:

It's actually an old hand, but I agree with everything that Gisella said. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you, Gisella. So that would be an action item as well. And Joanna is also saying, "Please do, Gisella. I'm guilty of speaking too fast." I'm guilty of that, too.

Now we go to Action Item #6—Heidi, you have your hand up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry to interrupt. Could you please restate that action item? Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: That's actually an item for Gisella: to put together a document with regard to best practices. That would be included in the meeting invitation on the wiki page of the webinar and also on the housekeeping slides.

If we all agree, we can move to the following agenda item, which is #6: Agreeing on webinar initial slides and instructions on the format of this session. I give the floor to Natalia and Alfredo for that.

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you, Hadia. I would like to thank Gisella for helping me finalize the slides for the last webinar with the rules of participation. I think we can use a permanent template or develop a separate one for each webinar and also [inaudible] this presentation. I think [inaudible]. I think we can [share] information. We can [share the] slides about we are looking for speakers, topics for webinar. I'm ready to [publish all of the] participants.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Pardon me, Natalia. This is Michelle. Your line is cutting out. We're not able to hear you.

NATALIA FILINA: Oh. Can you hear me now?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Ah, much better. Thank you.

NATALIA FILINA: Oh, okay. I'll repeat what I said now. I said that I thank Gisella for helping me finalize the slides with the rules of participation. I think we can use a permanent template or we can develop a separate type of slide for each webinar. I think it will help the speaker [inaudible] the presentation, and I think we need to share this information when we [inaudible] for new speakers and new voices for our webinars. I can offer [design options.] I think we can put on the slides that we are looking for new voices and speakers and new topics for our webinar before the [start].

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Hello?

Alfredo, would you like to take the floor?

ALFREDO CALDERON: I actually don't have anything else to add besides what Natalia mentioned. We haven't decided on the format or what we're going to use besides the housekeeping slides and the beginning slides within the webinar itself. In terms of how we're going to communicate the webinars, that'll be up to the audience or the community. So that's something we have to figure out as well. Thank you.

NATALIA FILINA: Hadia, it's Natalia.

[HADIA ELMINIAWI]: [inaudible]

NATALIA FILINA: [inaudible] now about [promo] cards. As I understand, it's the next item. I can add that if the webinar is public, we need the promo cards. As Alfredo [assessed.] If the webinar is not public, we don't use this way. But I think it's very good, like Alfredo mentioned, to talk not only about the topic of the webinar but also about the speaker [inaudible]. I think we might use the example of ICANN social media when ICANN explained some [inaudible] of topics of webinars [inaudible] the meeting. I think it may be a good idea for us. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Natalia. I haven't been able to hear you very well, but, yes, the mail card. Alfredo made are very helpful. It includes the description and a little bit about the presenters.

Going back to the housekeeping slides, those are going to be updated to include also Gisella's best practices for participating in webinars.

Any other thoughts in this regard? We haven't yet put a promotion plan, an advertising plan, for the webinars. Maybe that's what you were referring to as well, Alfredo? Right?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Yes, actually that was what I was referring to, which was should start at least a week before the webinars so we can get people to register and so forth. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Thank you.

Thank, Natalia. It's not about being louder. I think the line itself is not very clear.

If there are no more thoughts in relation to this item, let's go to the mail card. Alfredo, you're speaking about that.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Well, in terms of the mail card, the idea was to use that, but then the rules, in order to register for the webinar or the meetings, of the Zoom room changed and we couldn't post the actual password on the mail card. The thing is that, if we invited people and we just mentioned the room where it was going to be held, there was no way they could get

into the room if they didn't have the password or the passcode. So it didn't make any sense to have the mail card.

Besides that, I was informed that there was probably a legal issue with using, I guess, the photos. I Googled them and I added them to the mail card. So they were public already. But I don't know. So we have to probably think of what we want the mail cards to have. If it has to go to Legal, it will have to be way in advance in order to get all the clearance that we need to use it. So that's probably something that staff or Heidi can help us with. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Alfredo, if we remove the photos of the presenters, then it wouldn't need to go through Legal, correct?

ALFREDO CALDERON:

Well, I have mixed feelings on that because adding the photo gives a sense of getting to know who the volunteers are, who the speakers are, since we don't have video within the webinars. So the only way that they will get familiar with them will be with this unless we have something within the webinar itself so that people can see their images, their photos. Probably it'll help us to create a report between all these participants in the webinar. It's just something that I believe helps us to humanize the whole process. It's not just virtual without any video and we don't know who's speaking on the other side, especially when they're the speakers or the presenters.

So that's my humble opinion, but if the photos are out, we'll leave them out and have somebody work on the mail cards looking forward. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay. Thank you for that, Alfredo. Again, yes, as [Heidi] said, if getting the photos out from the mail card would make go ahead without legal approval, I think that's better and easier. Maybe, if the presenters would like to include their photos, that could be a first slide before the presentation that actually includes the photos of the presenters and a short bio. That would be the slide for two, three seconds before the presentation itself. But, again, I don't know: if that happens, would it need to go through Legal as well?

Alberto, please go ahead, and then Heidi.

ALBERTO SOTO:

I'm sorry. I couldn't hear the reason why we had to go through the legal department. I dropped from the call momentarily. Unless ICANN has an issue with displaying the photos, in each country you need the permission of the owner of that photo. I don't know if ICANN has any specific rule about that, but when you look at the data protection rules in any country, you just need the consent of the owner of that photo. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Alberto. Heidi and then Cheryl.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you. I agree with what Alfredo said and what Cheryl said in the chat. Again, last time the issue was that we had the consent of one but we didn't have the consent of the other. So that's something to consider.

In terms of the personal element, I completely agree with that. I'm wondering if we might wish to ask the presenters that while they show their slides, they also turn their video on. We had Melissa Allgood, who is a policy staffer in conflict resolution and mediation, on the CPWG call yesterday, and she actually used her video to great effect on the call yesterday while she was presenting. So that's something we may wish to ask the presenters. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Heidi. Cheryl, please go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Hadia. Sorry, I'm going to have to speak a little bit staccato because I am now beaming my own voice into my own head. But I'm in two calls in once, so that gets complicated. I can't fiddle with the setup.

Heidi, you picked up on a couple of points that I wanted to say, but I also wanted to make sure that we were recognizing that, whilst I thoroughly believe that the mail cards are a great idea, if we're reaching out to the speakers earlier, we should be getting the speakers to send us a given type and a given size of a headshot of themselves and that, whatever issues come up, this is a pro forma mail card. Some things will

change, but things like where things go and what logos are used won't. So that can all be predesigned and set up pretty quickly. If Legal needs to look at it, then so be it. But, once it's done, it's done.

With the video—Melissa is a good example because she knows how to do this stuff—I do encourage us to ask our presenters to not necessarily present via video but, while they're going through their slide deck perhaps, have, as Melissa did, her image live instead of static as some of us have up on screen as well as a small section.

But we then need to help our presenters understand what is appropriate in terms of lighting, in terms of background, and in terms of positioning. They are not hard things, but they are like having a phone connection, not just an IP connection. It's pretty important housekeeping and should go into our preparatory stuff while we're working with presenters at the very beginning. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Cheryl, for that. Those are very good items to actually start adding maybe to the toolkit that Alfredo started and will be put on a Google Doc. Adding to it tips for the presenters with regard to the background, positioning, the phone connection—all of this—I think are very important items, as well as maybe also telling them about the mail card and that, if they send their photos and consent within that timeframe, we will be able to put out a formal mail card. So all of this, I think, we could start incorporating into Alfredo's toolkit.

Cheryl, I don't know if this is an old hand.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, it's just me trying to get between so many screens to get back and turn the damn thing off. Remember, I'm mobile. Can't do everything in Zoom.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you. Alberto, please go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Michelle, are we hearing Alberto—

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto speaking ...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Looks like Alberto put his hand down.

ALBERTO SOTO: It was an old hand.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. If we have no more thoughts with regards to this agenda item, we go back to the agenda. We conclude this by trying to but the things we

discussed for this action item on the Google Doc that Alfredo started. Let's all start populating it.

We go now to examples of certificates. That would be Natalia and Glenn.

NATALIA FILINA: Can you hear me now?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, we can hear you, Natalia. The problem is not with the volume. It's the line, I think. But, yes, go ahead, please.

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you very much. Very shortly, Glenn sent not just me to At-Large Skype the certificates and ... As we talked about, we are going to mark their participation of our attendees. We can find a solution to do this certificate automatically when a participant in preregistration enters their name or surname. I think we can ask about the wish to get the certificate of the webinar or to do it for everyone by default.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: So, yeah, if we could click on the certificate ...

MICHELLE DESMYTER: One moment.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Michelle.

NATALIA FILINA: I think it's a nice example and great that this certificate form includes the signature. I don't know. Maybe it might be the signature of speakers or, I don't know, the capacity-building webinar's team leaders. I think it's important to have it at their webinars for participants.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. The certificates is actually a good idea, but they won't, of course, include [a certificate of completion] but it would be a certificate of participation. And since we are using registration now and people log in with their e-mail, so you can give certificates of participation. I'm not sure about the signature, though, so let's open the floor for discussion. Any thoughts?

Heidi, could you please go ahead?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. I like the idea of having certificates, but, again, given the situation we're in and the bandwidth issues on all of us—I'm particularly thinking here of my team—could we perhaps do this for the entire course? Perhaps we could, at the end of the series, then provide a PDF version of a certificate and state which of the webinars within the series had been completed by each person. This might be something that is highlighted during a possible webinar when we bring back the ATLAS ambassadors. We might wish to highlight them at that point. But I'm

quite concerned that, while an excellent idea, this really will be added work on our team during this challenging time. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Heidi. Another thing also that I like about your suggestion is that this would actually encourage people to participate more in the webinars. So, if you actually provide the certificate and [relate] this to a series of webinars and not to each webinar individually, I think that it will encourage people to attend. It will actually let them look at the whole series of the webinars and decide how they could participate in almost all of them if they can.

I give the floor to Alfredo.

ALFREDO CALDERON:

I like your idea, Heidi. I think it's really good, but I'm going to take off my hat as Co-Chair and put on my hat as a Fellowship Selection Committee member. One of the requirements we have for the second and third alumnae participating in the fellowship program is that they submit evidence of all their activities within the ICANN community. Some of them have been able to take screenshots of their participation in different webinars and submit that as part of evidence. If we give out a certificate for each webinar, they'll be able to submit that within the documentation they need to apply for the fellowship program.

The other thing we could do is we could have, as I mentioned in the chat ... If we have the survey at the end as a Google form, there's a way to add an add-on that, once they complete the survey, generates

automatically a certificate. We just have to decide on the template. And they'll receive it. Staff won't have to do anything. They'll just have to complete the survey and it'll automatically generate a certificate of participation or whatever we want to call towards each one of the webinars.

Those are my thoughts. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Alfredo. Abdulkarim, would you like to take the floor?

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE:

Yeah. Thank you very much. I just want to agree with Alfredo. [inaudible] generating the certificates when you take a survey. Sometimes surveys did not really pass all the webinars. So one might decide on they don't feel like they can [inaudible] and they still want the certificate or something along that line. But yet it would be good when it's going to be generated automatically. So that doesn't have to be the burden of staff. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Abdulkarim. My question here to staff is actually if we could generate the certificates automatically after the survey is actually replied to.

Another thing again is I do see a merit in Heidi's proposal, not only with regard to staff time and effort but also with regard to having those

webinars as a series and for the participants to keep an eye on the webinars and try to attend as much as possible.

Heidi, I give you the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you. Alfredo, I understand your point, but, again, I'm going to push back a little bit. I'm a former academic. If academia were to give students a certificate for every class that they had ever completed at the end of their course work or their career in academia, they would have stacks and stacks of certificates that, again, might not mean that much. It's really the diploma at the end that means something. So I'm not sure, by giving them a certificate for every course that they've taken, it's going to mean that much to them when what they're really looking for is perseverance in a complete series of courses. So perhaps that's where my view is coming from, in addition to that concern about a lot of staff bandwidth being taken up by this. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Heidi. I give the floor to Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, Hadia. Just in response to Heidi, if this auto-thinging out of forms/the survey that are done separately, and it is automatic, which of course the Google forms certainly can do, I'm less concerned about the prettiness of the certificates that we're looking at on the screen, of course. That's the sort of thing that one can get at the completion of, I

don't know, two years' worth of units or something. Hell, even annually will do.

I think what we can do in response to the survey, which would be automatically generated, is a notation, a piece of record, which suits my metrics requirement, of course, as well, that they have attended this particular piece of webinar/presentation. So it would be a small component to a larger set of attainments. But we do need to be able track it. One of the ways we could track it, of course, is by the simple courtesy of an auto-generation of a minimalist recognition. As I say, I'm less fussed about the pretty certificates to put up the walls perhaps than most people are. But then of course, we can create those larger types of attainment at a macro-level. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Cheryl. That's a good idea, too. After completing the survey, you receive a notation of attendance. That won't be a certificate. Certificates are issued after attending a series of webinars.

Any other thoughts?

Heid is asking, "Could this group provide the automatically generated note?"

Let's draft it over e-mail. We are already—or are we running for 90 minutes today?

MICHELL DESMYTER:

Yeah.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Okay, great. Thank you. So let's work on writing the generated note over e-mail. So that would be an action item for the group/the webinar team: to start drafting the note to be provided as a notation of attendance after the participants answer the survey.

Cheryl says, "Google forms will—once it is attached to the feedback form."

If we have no other thoughts with regard to this item—we have Abdulkarim. Abdulkarim, please go ahead.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE:

Thank you very much. I want to say, yes, if we want to attach the attendance certificate to the feedback, we have to actually specify and say "We are going to get an attendance certificate if you do this." So it is has to upfront.

Again, I don't think it's the illustration of students and getting lots of certificates [inaudible] because, a lot of times with this webinar, you don't have to attend all the webinars. One [may choose] to attend just a few webinars. At the end of the day, are we going to say, "Okay, if you attend two, you're going to get a certificate?" If you attend one, are you going to get a certificate? So I'm not sure how that is going to be done at the end of the series.

So I think it should be per every webinar. If it is going to be attached to the feedback, we explicitly explain that, yes, you're going to have to do

the feedback for you to get your certificates of attendance. Something like that. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thanks, Abdulkarim. We definitely need a guide for the participants. That guide would include, when they reply to the survey or complete the survey, that they would receive a notation of attendance. That notation of attendance could be used for their participants if they're applying to a fellowship program or whatever.

As for the certificates, prior to the webinars, we can decide on [inaudible]. If, for example, we have, say, eight webinars—we started actually in April—and if we schedule the webinars from the beginning of the year, from January to December, for example, we could say that, if you attend, say, four out of the eight webinars, you get a certificate. So, after the period is done, after the eight webinars are over, and you have attended four out of the eight, you receive a certificate. That makes more sense than receiving a certificate for each and every webinar that you actually attend.

So we need to determine or decide on the season of the webinars, when is the start date and when is the finish date and how many webinars are we going to make during this period, and then decide on a number of webinars that need to be attended in order to receive a certificate. After that season has ended, you'd have to [inaudible] webinars attended. Accordingly, you receive [an appropriate certificate.] I think that makes most sense. Again, answering the survey

will lead to a notation of attendance that can be used by the participants.

Cheryl is saying, "And all of that can be taken up in registration, and certification, if and when given, is optional. Okay. So Cheryl is saying she agrees.

Any other thoughts?

So that's something also the webinar team will need to do. Abdulkarim, please go ahead.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE:

Sorry. [inaudible]. Sometimes some people attend multiple meetings at the same time, you might discover that, when you probably want to sign into your Zoom, maybe on the mobile, you're using the same Zoom account on your laptop or something and you decide to sign with another e-mail address. So how do we cope with that together at the end of the day? [inaudible].

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

It's my understanding that we're going to have preregistration, and the participants will be providing an e-mail address. Again, we need to have a simple guide for the participants, informing them that they need to register with the same e-mail address or, if they don't do that, to note that this is the same person or the same e-mail address associated or that this is an e-mail address associated with another e-mail address. So I don't think this is a big problem. Again, they don't need to attend all of

the webinars. If we do ten per season, for example, we might say four is enough for a certificate.

Cheryl, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, Hadia. Just to say it doesn't even need to be that complicated. When one registers, either preregistering or at-the-time registering, it involves your name and whatever e-mail you're using. So whatever e-mail, maybe one of a dozen or three dozen if you own them, you're using will be associated with your name. So the registration process to get into a webinar in Zoom should take care of that. So it shouldn't be much of an issue.

The only issue I found recently with Zoom in its most recent 5.0 update (because I'm a Zoom subscriber) is with putting in the passwords that ICANN has now provided. All of my systems want to offer me just signing in as me as Zoom understands me. That was fine, even for ICANN meetings, up until this week. But now it has to be an ICANN-specific password. And that's okay. You've still got the option. So, even if you've got multiple accounts in Zoom, it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Cheryl, for that. As Cheryl said, it's basically [the name]. So [it doesn't have to be] that complicated.

Natalia is saying, "Maybe [you] can create [inaudible]." Maureen is saying virtual certificates.

Heidi, I'll [inaudible] certificates [inaudible], or [inaudible]. That's another thing also for this group to decide on. I think maybe not all the quizzes but at least some of the quizzes. It doesn't matter if the answer is correct or wrong but participating in the quizzes in itself.

Cheryl says, "The feedback is [inaudible], Heidi."

So I think we need to discuss this [further]. I think we ended up with some good points. So we agreed on surveys with a notation of attendance. We [could have] certificates after completion of the season for the attendance of some of the webinars. We'll need to decide the number. We can decide also on the season of the webinar and [inaudible].

ALFREDO CALDERON: Hadia?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Pardon me, Hadia.

ALFREDO CALDERSON: Something happened with your audio. I can hardly see you or understand you.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: You sound very faint, Hadia. Are you going to move closer to your phone? I know they dialed out to you, but we're having a hard time hearing you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: [inaudible]. Also, yes, I can't hear you well, either. So would I go back to the Zoom?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Go back to the Zoom room and I'll have Adigo dial back out to you so you can get a better connection. Thank you so much.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay, thank you. Abdulkarim, go ahead, please.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: I'm sorry. Thank you. Hadia, on the issue of the certificate, I want to suggest that, rather than just us pushing it through now, is it possible we leave it for now and probably come back to it next week when we are able to answer some questions? Because I think there are still some questions about especially [inaudible] raised. Are we going to stay five minutes and then somebody says, "Am I not going to have a certificate for the webinar?" [inaudible] and things like that. So I'm thinking it's better that we give you more time before deciding on the issue of certificates.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Michelle, have we lost Hadia?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah, definitely we're going to go back to this again, but I think we need to document what we discussed today in order to start building on it next week.

Cheryl is saying, "The feedback [inaudible]. Some quizzes are just entertainment, not [inaudible]." Maureen has [inaudible].

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Pardon me, Hadia. This is Michelle again. I'm so sorry to interrupt. The interpreters are not able to interpret what you're saying. Your line sounds very muffled. Can you try your Zoom audio again? It just seems that we can't get a good connection for you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Okay. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you.

Okay, so we put this item on the agenda for next week. That builds on today's discussion.

So we go back to Item #7 of the agenda: Zoom webinar room discussions and agreeing on the first June Zoom room. I give the floor to Alfredo.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Thank you, Hadia. My understanding is that we already agreed that the next webinar—the June webinar—is going to be using the Zoom webinar room, so that’s resolved.

But I think I heard that we were going to use the Zoom webinar room for a second round of the DNS abuse webinars. Is that correct or am I misspeaking?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: That’s correct, actually, because Jonathan and Drew, I think, agreed on having a second round. Yes, we’re going to use the Zoom webinar room for that.

ALFREDO CALDERON: So is that already scheduled probably for next week so it’s not back-to-back with the one that we’re going to have in June?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: We haven’t scheduled that yet. Maybe Gisella can actually tell us more about this because Gisella was actually communicating with them. I think we are waiting for the other presenters to confirm—

GISELLA GRUBER: Hadia, for the DNS abuse, it’s just to get a timeframe for when you would like to schedule it—whether you would like to schedule it for instance next week, which is possible. We just need to confirm with

Jonathan and Drew on the timing of the call for whether they're available. I believe that, from what [inaudible] wrote back as well, 13:00 UTC would be her preferred time if Jonathan and Drew could attend that time, 13:00 UTC being 6:00 A.M. Los Angeles time, and I believe 9:00 A.M. off the top of my head—apologies; I'm not at my computer—for eastern time. So if you would let me know when you would like to reschedule this, we can just do a rerun of the previous webinar with exactly the same format and video, etc. I can work with the presenters on doing it if you would like it done next week or if you would like it done in June. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

My question is, do we have time to announce it if we decide to make it next week? We need to remember also that June is also a noted month because we definitely have Joanna's webinar and then also we have the prep week for ICANN and then we have the ICANN meeting. So I don't think that we could actually do two webinars in June.

Any thoughts?

I think it's either we run the webinar by the end of next week or we do the rerun in July. Any thoughts?

Abdulkarim is saying, "The end of next week is a holiday for a lot of us." Yeah, for me, too, Abdulkarim, but that's just a webinar. Yeah, it could be part of the holiday.

Actually, "There's nothing wrong with July." Maureen is saying that.

Okay. So let's do the rerun for July. "[Neither is] best practice being followed." Not yet. So let's schedule the rerun for July.

Alfredo, would you like to take the floor again?

ALFREDO CALDERSON: Yes, I would. If its going to be as proposed—the rerun in July—we should actually using Gisella's—suggest a couple of dates so that we have it already in our calendar of upcoming webinars in place so people are aware that that's going to happen.

The second thing is that, if we're going to use the Zoom webinar features, that would also give us another chance to exploit the features that we figure out in the Zoom webinars.

So let's do it in July as long as we have a couple of dates already in place because, remember, in July we also have another webinar, unless we replace the one we had scheduled for July. You'll see this [second run] of DNS abuse as the Jul webinar. Then in August we have already something going on, which is—

HADIA ELMINIAWI: That's SubPro.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Yeah, SubPro, which is important as well because [it] will be close to the final report and we have to make aware all our constituencies on what our position is regarding that as well. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you. So we would have an action item here for scheduling the rerun of the DNS abuse in July. Actually, we could have in July two webinars. We could have the IDN one and the rerun of the DNS if we all agree.

Cheryl, any thoughts on that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: There's no reason that we can't have two in one month, but we can also stretch it out a bit: the lining up of when one does IDNs versus SubPro. You can always ditch, for example, SubPro. There's heaps of work being done with it in CPWG as a major ICANN public comment. It will be undoubtedly running its own webinar. So do we need to duplicate inhouse webinars that will be being offered ICANN-wide? These are all questions that are valid, but let's not herniate too much over it. DNS has got better traction. Run with it. That's fine.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Any other thoughts?

Anyways, SubPro was scheduled for August. We could even push it to September.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. [inaudible] August.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: In the [inaudible]

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: So you can bump it on. That's not a problem.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, definitely. If you all agree, let's do that. Alfredo is saying he agrees. Okay. Alfredo, do you have anything more to add for Item #7?

Alfredo is saying no. [I see] [inaudible]—yeah.

Suggestions for future webinar topics. Let's take this over e-mail. Let's put some ideas over e-mail because we have only three minutes. We can start discussing the targeted audience. We also need discuss webinars for ICANN68 prep week.

Alfredo, would you like to speak briefly about the targeted audience?

ALFREDO CALDERON: Well, in terms of the targeted audience, I'm thinking—and we actually had a conversation of this yesterday, I think it was, or the day before yesterday—if we're going to promote the webinars, we have to think of

who is going to be our audience. That will also define the format and the content of the webinar. So, if we're talking about only people that are already within the ICANN community involved in some of these topics and they want to know more about the topic or if we're trying to go out of the ICANN community and see if we can get more volunteers involved in ICANN and the discussions we're having, that's something we need to speak about or clarify.

Then I'm going to [inaudible] with Item #10. I'll give the floor to you and Joanna, who I know are planning some of the activities that are going to happen in ICANN68 in terms of webinars [and so forth.] Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you so much, Alfredo. Yes, I think then target audience are both. So we are targeting people within the ICANN community that would like to know, but we are also trying to go out of the community as part of the outreach program. So it's both. [And maybe let's put] this also on the Google Document and start drafting some lines about that.

I would like to give the floor to Joanna in order to speak about the webinars for ICANN68 prep week.

JOANNA KULESZA:

Thank you, Hadia. I'm going to try and be brief here. I think we're in the stage to where we're welcoming suggestions on ICANN68 prep week webinars. The demand we received thus far is from Daniel regarding outreach and engagement in times of the pandemic. We've discussed the issues that we've been following up on. I understand you don't want

to duplicate, so DNS abuse would be out of the picture. We're looking at the webinars we already have scheduled as also leading up into the ICANN68 sessions and the meeting. So, in that sense, I understand that we are open to suggestions that would not be conflicting with the ones you already have scheduled.

I'm also eager to hear back from the group in terms of timing. This would be the week before ICANN where we try to have webinars, I understand. We're looking for five topics, ones that would preferably not be repetitive of what we've done thus far. So, in that sense, I understand that there is a demand to discuss outreach and engagement. We've received requests for DNS abuse, but I understand that that is being taken care of in another timeframe. I think we're open for discussion on what would be best to choose from the topics that we are looking at at this point. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you. If we could actually put this on the Wiki page and open it for people to put in their suggestions ... Alfredo is saying, "Let's follow up on the mailing list." I would add: if we could actually put a table on the wiki in which we can edit so that each one can actually log in and put a suggestion. Then we start looking at those topics and deciding on them.

Any other thoughts?

Okay. "Agree on posting suggestions on the wiki." So that's an action item for the group: to start posting suggestions in regard to ICANN68 prep week webinars.

So we need now to briefly discuss—maybe we can do that in two minutes and follow up next week on that—the presenters of the webinars and diversity. I will give the floor to Abdulkarim since he’s the one that brought up the subject. I think also Natalia brought it up over e-mail. She actually did and has some suggestions in this regard.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Thank you. I think I'll do this quickly because I just think we need to probably [inaudible] between speakers. We need to look into diversity and make sure we try to get speakers who are experts in the field from a wide range of backgrounds so that we make everybody feel welcome. That’s my own suggestion. I don’t have any particular topic in mind, but whatever the topic is, we should not just keep looking at the same set of speakers from a particular region. We should try as much as possible to have wide range to keep the options open. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you, Abdulkarim. That makes sense. I think also that Jonathan has also got Drew, who was outside of our circle.

I see Natalia’s hand up. Please go ahead.

NATALIA FILINA: Thank you very much. Can you hear me now, Hadia?

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes.

NATALIA FILINA:

Okay, great. I was worried. We didn't make a separate special call to find the new speakers now and topics, but on the EURALO level, for example, I mentioned this in our newsletter. I think we can use the different ways. We can announce future webinar topics and ask if someone wants to join as co-speakers or maybe speakers. I think it may be not very polite if we already have a speaker and content and invite somebody else. But I think, if a webinar is not ready yet but we have a list of topics, we can do this. I think this way will allow us to find new voices of speakers and activate our communities to discuss and provide the diversity. I think this call should come from maybe, I don't know, the ALAC level and, in each RALO, we need to remind and to tell with community.

I think we have another way. I don't know if we have or don't at the At-Large level, but in EURALO, we have a spreadsheet of members' expertise and we're now updating this, too. We are going to use this actively. I think it might be one of the ideas: to raise a specific topic with the webinar. We can use tools like this to find specific people to participate if we will see they really want the experience or expertise.

I think we can use all of these ways to find new people and to invite them to our work.

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you so much. We are six minutes past our time. Cheryl, please go ahead.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Very briefly, thank you for indulging me. I might point out that I'm the one in two calls at once. I thought this was an hour call. Let's be very cautious with this self-defined expertise when we're looking for diversity. Recommendations are important. Established expertise is important. We should be reaching out via the regional networks and beyond, of course, even the realms of ALAC and ICANN, to get this sort of wider field of views in, but I'm less comfortable looking at the [teledex] of what people claim they are or are not expert in. I could technically claim I'm an expert in IDNs because I'm probably the only person who has been involved in it as long as some of my Asian people, but I'd certainly rather listen to known experts than me who's been a passive observer across the whole thing for so long. We just need to be getting the best as well as the greatest diversity. Otherwise, we will lose our audience. We don't want to do that. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Thank you so much, Cheryl. I do very much agree with what you said. Let's continue this item next week. So we'll put it again on the agenda.

Any other business?

I see no hands up. If we have nothing more to add today, we can close the meeting now. Thank you, all, for a very productive call. See you next time next Thursday. It's just we need to agree on the timing of our next meeting. Is it Thursday 19:00 or is it 19:30 UTC?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Hi, Hadia. It would be at 19:00 UTC. We only pushed this one back today because of a clash with the previous call. But it would be back on 19:00 for 60 minutes next week. Thank you.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Okay. Very good. Thank you so much. So see you on next Thursday at 19:00 UTC. Thank you all for a productive call. This meeting is now adjourned. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]